PDA

View Full Version : Juggernaut Dynasty, My NCAA tipping point

Whammer
08-06-2011, 10:05 AM
This happens with every NCAA game I've had. I reach a point in my Dynasty where my team is an unstoppable Juggernaut! It's usually around year 7 or 8. Well I've hit that point in NCAA 12. I've got a running back that is blazing fast and can cut on a dime. He can stop and instantly be at full speed again.

I basically call the same play over and over. I form heavy with a HB toss. I just go left side and right side. He can easily break it around the corner and head to the endzone. I might throw the ball 4 times a game.
Cpu just can't seem to stop him.

On defense it's rare for any team to score against me. RB can make no gains, QB is under constant pressure and sacked often. I call a basic man defense with 2 deep zone coverage. I don't need to call any blitzes to get QB pressure.

Every year this happens. The game is a bit challenging my first few years but soon my top recruits start to dominate and the tipping point starts to build. Now that I've reached that point the game starts to become boring.

Yes I could try and make adjustments- like calling different plays or adjusting sliders. But like I've posted before- that's only fooling yourself. At this point in time the cpu ability and AI is completely broken.
Thankfully NHL 12 and FIFA 12 are not too far off and this game will soon be shelved.

Pig Bomb
08-06-2011, 10:25 AM
have fun with your next game! :))

both FIFA and NHL should last a bit longer for you since you can't total cheese the AI and call the "same play" over and over...not only that but FIFA has been toally redone in many ways [like defending and vision] so it will be very new and fresh feeling

since you don't do sliders or attempt to play realistically there's really no point in exploring this site for ideas and answers....so I look forward to seeing you next year for a few weeks :up:

see ya

Whammer
08-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Cheese the AI??? Many folks posted that the AI LEARNS from what you do and if you call the same play over and over they will stop you. I've PROVED every year that this is not so. EA has been so lazy programming this game and Madden that the AI has become a joke.
Many of you are only fooling yourselves that this game is challenging. It's ONLY challenging if YOU limit YOURSELF. The game is almost defenseless to stop you.
Now you enjoy YOURSELF playing a completely flawed game for a whole year and then eagerly gobbling up the next pathetic offering from NCAA and Madden. :)

Deuce
08-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Now you enjoy YOURSELF playing a completely flawed game for a whole year and then eagerly gobbling up the next pathetic offering from NCAA and Madden. :)

Umm ya...I will/do enjoy the game. Otherwise I wouldn't buy it. :fp:

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psusnoop
08-06-2011, 03:59 PM
This happens with every NCAA game I've had. I reach a point in my Dynasty where my team is an unstoppable Juggernaut! It's usually around year 7 or 8. Well I've hit that point in NCAA 12. I've got a running back that is blazing fast and can cut on a dime. He can stop and instantly be at full speed again.

I basically call the same play over and over. I form heavy with a HB toss. I just go left side and right side. He can easily break it around the corner and head to the endzone. I might throw the ball 4 times a game.
Cpu just can't seem to stop him.

On defense it's rare for any team to score against me. RB can make no gains, QB is under constant pressure and sacked often. I call a basic man defense with 2 deep zone coverage. I don't need to call any blitzes to get QB pressure.

Every year this happens. The game is a bit challenging my first few years but soon my top recruits start to dominate and the tipping point starts to build. Now that I've reached that point the game starts to become boring.

Yes I could try and make adjustments- like calling different plays or adjusting sliders. But like I've posted before- that's only fooling yourself. At this point in time the cpu ability and AI is completely broken.
Thankfully NHL 12 and FIFA 12 are not too far off and this game will soon be shelved.

Lmfao, well that pretty much sums up things. U call one offensive play out of all u have available and yet your bored and frustrated? :fp::fp:

psusnoop
08-06-2011, 04:01 PM
Cheese the AI??? Many folks posted that the AI LEARNS from what you do and if you call the same play over and over they will stop you. I've PROVED every year that this is not so. EA has been so lazy programming this game and Madden that the AI has become a joke.
Many of you are only fooling yourselves that this game is challenging. It's ONLY challenging if YOU limit YOURSELF. The game is almost defenseless to stop you.

Fooling ourselves by playing football in which we call different plays from different set like real life?

Just my opinion but my best guess if that YOU are fooling yourself here not the other way around :dunno:

ram29jackson
08-06-2011, 05:00 PM
um.. stop running out of heavy it might be more interesting.........

ram29jackson
08-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Fooling ourselves by playing football in which we call different plays from different set like real life?

Just my opinion but my best guess if that YOU are fooling yourself here not the other way around :dunno:

no, he is actually playing a video game- you are trying to pretend you are playing more than that. He isnt fooling himself because he is actually doing what succeeds-and it works as such. You just try to mix it up so it isnt boring but you can still trash the AI anytime you want or need a first down etc

Whammer
08-06-2011, 05:31 PM
no, he is actually playing a video game- you are trying to pretend you are playing more than that. He isnt fooling himself because he is actually doing what succeeds-and it works as such. You just try to mix it up so it isnt boring but you can still trash the AI anytime you want or need a first down etc

EXACTLY! During the first years of my dynasty I was calling different plays and the games were fairly challenging, although I always had a few plays that I was pretty certain would give me a 1st down if needed.
But like I said- I'm at the JUGGERNAUT point in my dynasty. My players are so good they just dominate without requiring me to put forth much effort.
I've got a RB that cannot be stopped. I ran for over 700 yards one game. 10 games into the season and he's shattered the single season rushing record.

Know I can FOOL MYSELF and pretend I don't have a stud RB like him and I can call plays that I know will most likely fail, but what's the point of that?
My defense is so overpowered that a team would be lucky to gain 100yds. of total offense against me. Should I just dumb it down and call stupid defensive plays so the cpu can make it close?
I've enjoyed the game but like I said- I've hit the tipping point where this game has hit it's peak and now all the bugs and glitches and lack of AI are really showing. It's the same EVERY year with this game. Madden and NCAA just don't have the development team to actually make solid improvements.
Unlike NHL and FIFA which actually keep pushing themselves year and year to make the best game possible.

I OU a Beatn
08-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Play online. Problem solved.

ram29jackson
08-06-2011, 06:04 PM
Play online. Problem solved.

..and new problems awaken, ..win at all costs morons

I OU a Beatn
08-06-2011, 06:12 PM
So? He wants a challenge and that will sure as hell give him one. :D

Pig Bomb
08-06-2011, 06:13 PM
..and new problems awaken, ..win at all costs morons

So? He wants a challenge and that will sure as hell give him one. :D

then he'll get a taste of running the same shit over and over and over...lol :sick:

he'll fit right in on offense :up:

and in the end.....win at all cost players like ram and wham just don't get it...and they can't be told differently because only they have the facts and truth, nobody else :fp:

ram29jackson
08-06-2011, 06:23 PM
then he'll get a taste of running the same shit over and over and over...lol :sick:

he'll fit right in on offense :up:

and in the end.....win at all cost players like ram and wham just don't get it...and they can't be told differently because only they have the facts and truth, nobody else :fp:

LOL no, I play a very straight game only suitable for most sim leagues.

psusnoop
08-06-2011, 07:12 PM

I'm not pretending anything to be clear.

I'm just playing the game as I have always seen it played IRL. I've never seen Penn State run HB Tosses for each and every single play.

Whammer
08-06-2011, 10:01 PM

I'm just playing the game as I have always seen it played IRL. I've never seen Penn State run HB Tosses for each and every single play.

They would if they could! Any team would run the same play over and over if they were successful.

As for some comments....I'm actually one of the straightest playing players you'll ever find. I don't drop back 20 yards and pass, I stay in the pocket, unless I'm forced to scramble and run with it.
I play a ball control style and very seldom throw the deep ball.

Some of you just don't want to hear what I'm saying because it destroys your little illusion that this game can actually play sim ball.
Like I have said several times.....I'm at a point in my dynasty that my players are unbeatable. It's not my fault that EA can't make player progression realistic. It's not my fault the game's AI is so stupid.

ram29jackson
08-06-2011, 10:31 PM

true,.. I dont disagree with that , and i do the same thing- IE try to make it somewhat sim...but thats the point, the game is only as sim as you try to make it..its still just a toy, and can be abused for unrealism as much as possible

steelerfan
08-06-2011, 11:20 PM
since you don't do sliders or attempt to play realistically there's really no point in exploring this site for ideas and answers.

see ya

:+1:

steelerfan
08-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Play online.

Sounds like that's where he belongs. :nod:

I OU a Beatn
08-06-2011, 11:34 PM
Sounds like that's where he belongs. :nod:

I agree. If you can't get a challenge from the CPU, hop online. You wont see football per say, but you'll definitely get the challenge. :D

oweb26
08-06-2011, 11:36 PM
Well that went about as expected

JBHuskers
08-06-2011, 11:38 PM
This thread is meaningless and going nowhere.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk