PDA

View Full Version : The Workout Thread - I Vawnt to Pump YOU Up!

plotty
08-06-2011, 08:00 AM
Just wondering if there are any diehard workout idiots out amongst this crowd. I've been on this kick for 18 months now, and have lost 85 pounds. I have really cut down in my intake of processed foods, drinking lots more water and overall feel a helluva lot better. Losing 85 pounds does that I guess, more energy?

Lately its been a combo of Insanity, P90X and Georges St-Pierre's Rushfit that I've integrated into a hybrid workout. Each has its pluses and minuses, and I love it.

psusnoop
08-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Right now after eating raw hamburger and raw steaks at 4 in the morning to wake up and stop and get a hoagie(E knows the place) at 10am I feel disgusting. If there is any chance you could work out this morning it would make me feel better about myself :nod: just knowing I was your motivation towards a healthier life is almost inspirational to some degree :D

Hey big props on losing 85lbs, thats freaking awesome!! Well done man:nod:

DariusLock
08-06-2011, 03:19 PM
I'm skinny enough, I just do push ups, sit ups, and some free weights to keep toned.

JBHuskers
08-06-2011, 03:21 PM
I definitely need to get back to it. At least now I'm dating a girl that is somewhat trying to push me now :D

psusnoop
08-06-2011, 03:41 PM
I wish I could get into working out,
Just never gotten into it. :D

I usually do what Daris said he does, just enough to stay fit to a degree.

AustinWolv
08-07-2011, 08:49 AM
Back in it after a couple years away, what with young kids and all. Not overweight badly by any means, but going to lose 16lbs to get well-defined......196 currently, going to see how 180 fits. Been lifting 3-4 days per week and running the same amount also. Strength is coming back very fast.

Boucher
08-07-2011, 10:45 AM
workout everyday, lost 30lbs just by portion control now im going change my diet and cut down 10-15 lbs to get that ripped effect

plotty
01-01-2013, 10:45 AM
Resurrection from the dead. May turn this into some sort of dynasty thread on my end of things. My wife and I have been working out together for the past couple months with good results. Now we have committed to a week-by-week plan of P90X2 and Insanity. One week is Insanity, the next P90X2. The goal for me is to get down to 200 pounds and hold myself accountable for everything I eat foodwise.

What sucks is some days we begin workouts at 5am, if not earlier...like this morning it was a 430am start. But I feel pretty good given that fact.

Deuce
01-01-2013, 12:17 PM
I've been on my health kick for about a year and a half. I've lost around 80lbs but i'm having trouble losing the last 20lbs. I've been doing p90x for about a month and a half to see if that would kick these last 20lbs to the curb. Then the holidays happened and I've gained a few back. I'm going to start up again tomorrow and hopefully by April I will have lost my 100lbs.

plotty
01-02-2013, 07:11 AM
I've been on my health kick for about a year and a half. I've lost around 80lbs but i'm having trouble losing the last 20lbs. I've been doing p90x for about a month and a half to see if that would kick these last 20lbs to the curb. Then the holidays happened and I've gained a few back. I'm going to start up again tomorrow and hopefully by April I will have lost my 100lbs.

First of all, congrats on the weight loss, that is awesome. I remember the looks I got in 2010 the first time I walked into schools after busting my ass that summer. Peoples' jaws dropped literally, they were stunned on the progress. Overall I have maintained that loss, with fluctuations (was down to 208 last December), but walk around about 220.

How is your diet been? I've noticed by logging what I eat I am stunned at how much sugar is in my diet, both naturally and artificially. That right there is my biggest crutch. If I eliminate that, I think the weight will melt off. I also try to eat a protein and carb every three hours to keep my metabolism up. Plus keep in mind the amount of water you intake. The rule I live by is 1/2 your body weight in ounces. Its a struggle to get to 110 oz (about 14 8 oz glasses), but stretch that throughout the day, and it can be done.

As for today's workout, it was another 430am wakeup for P90X2 Balance and Power. It was the story of two workouts; the first half was pretty lackluster. But I persevered and finished strong the last half. I live by the idea that when faced w/adversity, to push through - its a sign of a man's character. Which is what I am trying to teach to my wife...sure things may be sucking, but you have to keep going. Quit is a word that cannot be in the vocabulary!

plotty
01-04-2013, 09:11 AM
After a needed day off, wife and I hit it hard again w/a 430am P90X2 Total Body workout. Again I struggled to get started, but finished strong with slight gains in many exercises. My body is a bit achy with trying to balance these tough workouts and my supplement/diet, the key for me is persevering and not giving in to the will power.

plotty
01-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Yoga sucks ass. That is all.

baseballplyrmvp
01-14-2013, 11:51 PM
i've never needed to do a whole lot of working out to stay fit. i average about 2 miles just walking around at work....but tonight i decided that for the next 30 days, i'm gonna do 200 pushups and 300 situps a night. wish me luck. :D

morsdraconis
01-15-2013, 08:02 AM
Time to actually start doing something. Signing up for a membership at the local YMCA. Good reason to get over there and do some shit/play some basketball if nothin' else.

baseballplyrmvp
01-15-2013, 11:37 PM
day 2 of this is worse than day 1. fuuuuuuck.

psusnoop
01-16-2013, 12:31 PM
tonight i decided that for the next 30 days, i'm gonna do 200 pushups and 300 situps. wish me luck. :D

You have inspired me MVP! I'm doing the same thing. Last night I did 20 pushups and 30 situps so I'm thinking I can take the next day or two off and still be in good shape for the monthly goal :D:D:D:D

Just kidding by the way!

souljahbill
01-16-2013, 03:51 PM
I need to start playing more Dance Central 3.

baseballplyrmvp
01-16-2013, 07:02 PM
You have inspired me MVP! I'm doing the same thing. Last night I did 20 pushups and 30 situps so I'm thinking I can take the next day or two off and still be in good shape for the monthly goal :D:D:D:D

Just kidding by the way!

:fp: i meant 200/300 a night

plotty
01-23-2013, 09:04 PM
This Insanity one week P90X2 next week thing is working well. I really have seen improvement in a lot of the moves on both sides of things. The core work from p90 have made a lot of the cardio torture devices in Insanity tolerable....but still haven't quite finished an entire workout without some sort of rest.

morsdraconis
01-24-2013, 04:32 AM
Think I'm gonna go to the Y on Sunday and shoot some basketball. Been a while and I need to start actually doing something. :smh:

Deuce
01-24-2013, 08:31 AM
I was finally able to run a 5K without stopping last weekend. A very 'speedy' 33 minute 5k but dammit I still did it! :D