PDA

View Full Version : Safety Bug

Whammer
08-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Well this could be a real killer if you are involved in a close game!
I threw an Int in the endzone. The cpu picked it and took a knee.
I got awarded 2 points for a safety and the cpu had to free kick to me.

It took me completely by surprise and I didn't bother to look at any instant replay. The pick was very close to the GL, it's possible that when the cpu took a knee that one foot might have been on or just over the GL (back into the field of play). But regardless this should never be ruled a Safety for me.

morsdraconis
08-05-2011, 12:58 PM
It would be ruled a safety if the CPU player picked it off outside of the endzone and their momentum carried them into the endzone where they proceeded to take a knee.

OptionMasta
08-05-2011, 01:26 PM
I've had the CPU make an interception in the end zone and take a knee with no safety assessed. Sounds like the issue may be because the intercepting player in your game stepped out of the back while taking a knee. If that's the case, I can live with it because that's a rare event. It's a shame it ruined your close game, though.

Pig Bomb
08-05-2011, 02:44 PM
sounds like he took the ball in or somehow stepped out...in either case it's actually the correct call... although i thought if momentum took you in you could down it [or is that just pros?]

i've also seen replays reviewed that clearly showed a guy stepping out and he was called in...but i've also seen relay reviews F'd up in real life as well...in all cases these are super rare and a non-issue for me

SmoothPancakes
08-05-2011, 04:59 PM
Yeah, it sounds like everything wasn't quite kosher when he took that knee. I've had multiple interceptions thrown in my FIU dynasty in the end zone, that the defender was either tackled or took a knee, it was called a touchback. I threw an interception against Arkansas State, the defender picked it off at the 4 yard line, a mix of momentum and trying to escape my WR, he carried into the end zone, where he was tackled for a safety. But I've never received, or got hit with, a safety from someone picking off a pass and then taking a knee while still in the end zone.

Whammer
08-05-2011, 05:30 PM
Just to clarify---- the pick was clearly in the endzone and the cpu instantly took a knee. But because it was so close to the GL it is possible that one of his feet actually touched the GL as he took a knee. To me that would clearly be a touchback. Ruling it a safety would just be bad programming.

Didn't ruin my game I was winning huge at the time. Just pointing out that if it did happen during a close game it would be a gamebreaker.