PDA

View Full Version : Peter Moore is now the COO of Electronic Arts

JBHuskers
08-04-2011, 04:23 PM
A nice little promotion for Peter to become the COO of EA as a whole now.

I approved 110% :up:

morsdraconis
08-04-2011, 04:35 PM
:up:

bdoughty
08-04-2011, 06:11 PM
I approve at a 82.6547% level. He is okay but is far too obsessed with the Fifa series.

souljahbill
08-04-2011, 07:03 PM
I approve at a 82.6547% level. He is okay but is far too obsessed with the Fifa series.

It's their biggest seller. Maybe not in America but everywhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeffHCross
08-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Per Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/5827899/ea-sports-peter-moore-takes-over-as-eas-chief-operating-officer-in-company-reorganization):

[Update 6:35 p.m. EDT] Andrew Wilson, formerly the senior vice president of development for EA Sports, is now the executive vice president in charge of that label, said EA Sports spokesman David Tinson. Wilson is an 11-year veteran of Electronic Arts, having served as executive producer of the FIFA series before ascending to his latest position.

bdoughty
08-04-2011, 07:26 PM
It has and continues to be their biggest seller. I know as I buy Fifa every year. The game got more patches and updates then you can count on your hand. I still hold it against Mr Moore that we no longer have a college basketball game and that the last college basketball game was not patched and had a huge freeze issue that they knew existed.

CLW
08-05-2011, 11:30 PM
There was a youtube video from IGN indicating EA could lose billions to NCAA athletes via the Keller et al. lawsuit. It is going to be interesting to see how that pans out as EA may just bail on NCAA completely.

SmoothPancakes
08-05-2011, 11:45 PM
There was a youtube video from IGN indicating EA could lose billions to NCAA athletes via the Keller et al. lawsuit. It is going to be interesting to see how that pans out as EA may just bail on NCAA completely.

If that day ever comes, thank God they at least got A game out that has coaching carousel and custom conferences in it so I could keep playing dynasty mode for years without it ever getting old.

cdj
08-06-2011, 12:37 PM

That $1B number came from Darren Rovell and has some very bad math as he is counting FCS players in his calculations.With the courts, you never know what will happen but Rovell was off the mark in his report.

CLW
08-07-2011, 08:34 AM
That $1B number came from Darren Rovell and has some very bad math as he is counting FCS players in his calculations.With the courts, you never know what will happen but Rovell was off the mark in his report.

Well depending on the statute of limitations former FCS players could sue (depending on how accurate the old PS2 1AA rosters were/are). In any event it isn't good. I've said it many times but I only see two resolutions to this issue: (1) NCAA/EA make every player sign a waiver or they are left out of game; (2) EA either gets out of NCAA games or the rosters are completely generic and cannot be edited.

I don't think a generic NCAA game would sell so it would likely lead to a slow death of NCAA Football.

JeffHCross
08-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Well depending on the statute of limitations former FCS players could sueThe current lawsuit covers 2007 and forward, based on Rovell's article. But he assumed that every FCS player on every team was represented in every game released for those years. Even assuming that the likenesses were accurate (they weren't, not for FCS), neither the belief that every team was represented, nor that FCS team have been present in every game, is accurate.

JBHuskers
08-07-2011, 03:14 PM
...and assuming that these washed up ex-players in need of a pay day win too.

CLW
08-08-2011, 06:38 PM
...and assuming that these washed up ex-players in need of a pay day win too.

its America everyone sues everyone now if some ambulance chaser tells them they have a case. i can see the t.v. commercials now. are you a has been NCAA athlete? tired of living in a card board box because you didn't take that free ride you got to go to school for 4 years seriously? call now. you may be entitled to compensation from the fine folks at ea sports....

ram29jackson
08-09-2011, 08:26 PM
barney doesnt get money everytime some Barney impersonater does a birthday party...this will never come to pass, Keller is a dreamer who needs to work on his Canadian haha

JeffHCross
08-09-2011, 09:54 PM
barney doesnt get money everytime some Barney impersonater does a birthday party...True. But, technically, they should. And if some Barney impersonator was making tons of money off of it, a lawsuit would be very likely.

Of course, that's more of a direct, far less ambiguous infringement of likeness.