PDA

View Full Version : Televised Games in Dynasty Mode

Dr Death
08-04-2011, 06:27 AM
I tried to post this in the Reoccurring Issues area, but I don't have proper access to do so, so any Mod who wants to move this, you have my blessing. Here is the problem.

I took over as OC at :Idaho: and am currently in year 3. I rearranged the WAC to 12 teams and the first 2 years we won the WAC Championship and have won the Orange Bowl {over Maryland} and Fiesta Bowl {over TCU} and now, in year 3, we are 6-0 and ranked # 1.

Yet... I have never had one single game listed as being on TV. Regional or National. We have gone 11-3, 13-1 and now 6-0. That's 30-4 and zero games on TV. This year, year 3, we have played road games at :Stanford:, :Georgia:, :Cal: and :Oregon_State: and yet my average attendance is 16,172. The Kibbie Dome holds 16,000... but the road games are all big... 50,000... to 90,000 and yet my average is 16,172.

When recruiting, Television is D+ despite being 30-4 and currently # 1 in the country.

When you go to Team Info by hitting Y when you are getting ready to face your next opponent, I have zero games on TV. Not even Regional games.

Now if :Idaho: really did this in real life, they would be on TV, regionally and nationally.

Something for EA to address. It's not hurting my recruiting, as I have landed many 3 star players who have come in and played well and one 4-star WR who's a STUD... he caught 162 passes his Freshman year w/ 15 TD's and has 79 through 6 games this year. But the TV thing is crap. This week I play #5 :Oregon:... I have since moved :Idaho: to the PAC-16... a Super Conference, and yet I am never, ever on TV and know that this huge conference game... # 1 vs # 5 will show as zero TV for me.

My Coach Prestige is A+, Coach Loyalty is A, Championship Contender is B and Athletics Facilities is B and Fan Support is B... and yet I can't even make the TV in Moscow???

griffin2608
08-04-2011, 07:10 AM
+1 I know this is an issue every team I play as gets a D in tv exposure. But when I look at the schedule under the espn tab it shows my games are on tv either regional or national. It is a bug.

Dr Death
08-04-2011, 07:18 AM
The weird thing is, when recruits have TV as "High" or "Very High" on their list, they don't say bad things, they say thing like... "Yeah Coach, I could see how being on TV a lot would be good for me" etc... so yeah, it's a bug and they need to fix this.

jaymo76
08-04-2011, 11:21 AM
It has been stated that if you are a COORDINATOR you don't get televised games . Yes it's a bug but it doesn't appear to be in the firtst patch.

griffin2608
08-04-2011, 11:54 AM
I'm a HC and I get no televised games or I get no recognition of televised games based on my recruiting pitches.

ScubaSteve007
08-04-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm a HC and I get no televised games or I get no recognition of televised games based on my recruiting pitches.

Interesting.

I didn't get credit for my TV games when I was OC for FAU and Texas Tech, but now get credit for TV games as HC at Wake Forest. My current TV Exposure recruiting pitch grade is a C+.

EerRaid12
08-04-2011, 06:41 PM
On a related note, I've noticed in Offline Dynasty that when playing a game with low attendance, the home team is able to use home field advantage effects. For example, if I'm playing USM at EMU and the stadium's only about 1/8 full, there is almost no difference in noise level than if I were playing Michigan at tOSU. Play art still wobbles, and Brad Nessler says things like, "These fans are going crazy!".. Very annoying. Also, dynamic attendance is set up horribly. In my dynasty with USM, I played at Michigan to a packed house, but when at EMU the crowd was basically non-existent. It seems to me that Michigan fans wouldn't give a damn about USM being in town, but a team like EMU shouldn't have a hard time selling out a small stadium vs. a conference opponent.

BaylorBearBryant
08-04-2011, 07:03 PM
Also, dynamic attendance is set up horribly. In my dynasty with USM, I played at Michigan to a packed house, but when at EMU the crowd was basically non-existent. It seems to me that Michigan fans wouldn't give a damn about USM being in town, but a team like EMU shouldn't have a hard time selling out a small stadium vs. a conference opponent.

Not sure I agree with that assumption. I kind of feel like they got that right. Maybe Michigan had a parents weekend or something. That place would have the potential to be packed. EMU? Do they ever have packed home games?

steelerfan
08-04-2011, 07:21 PM
Michigan is always packed. EMU? Pfft.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

SmoothPancakes
08-04-2011, 07:47 PM
EMU has fans?

EerRaid12
08-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Well they have a tiny stadium... I dunno, on a nice day don't you think at least SOME students would say, "hey, let's go watch our team get the shit kicked out of them, it's better than sitting around."? On the other hand, I can't see Michigan fans rushing to the field for a game against a MAC opponent. At least not selling out... Ok, I could be wrong here, but that's not my point. My point is, EMU's crowd shouldn't be rattling my QB, especially with very small attendance.

SmoothPancakes
08-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Well they have a tiny stadium... I dunno, on a nice day don't you think at least SOME students would say, "hey, let's go watch our team get the shit kicked out of them, it's better than sitting around."? On the other hand, I can't see Michigan fans rushing to the field for a game against a MAC opponent. At least not selling out... Ok, I could be wrong here, but that's not my point. My point is, EMU's crowd shouldn't be rattling my QB, especially with very small attendance.

Nah, EMU students are too busy partying and drinking to care. Either that, or they're in Ann Arbor at Michigan's game, because it's a hell of a lot more interesting than watching EMU. Plus as you said, would you rather get drunk off your ass at a party, or watch your shitastic football team suck ass to a pathetic record? 0-12 in 2009, 2-10 last year. The last time EMU football was even relevant? 2007 - 4-8. 2004 & 2005 - 4-7. 4-7 is the best they have done since at least 2002. EMU students definitely don't give a damn about the football teams.

And for the record, yes they would rush to the stadium for a game against a MAC opponent. Michigan's 2010 home attendance numbers:

Opponent|Attendance
Connecticut|113,090
Massachusetts|110,187
Bowling Green|109,933
Michigan State|113,065
Iowa|112,784
Illinois|111,441
Wisconsin|112,276

110,000 for D-IAA UMass, just barely shy of 110,000 for Bowling Green. It doesn't matter who they play. They could play a Division III school, they will pack the stadium.

Though I agree. With a stadium that empty as you had in the EMU game, home field advantage shouldn't be coming into effect.

Escobar
08-07-2011, 01:20 AM
I agree with smooth. I went to OU and every game was pretty much sold out no matter who we played. Going to the games is more like a social event if you play somebody sorry than it is a football game. Because you never know when somebody will make an amazing play. It could be a DIII opponent and if you weren't there to see a play it was like you were some anti-football nazi. Glad I got free tickets ;)

SmoothPancakes
08-07-2011, 01:50 AM
I agree with smooth. I went to OU and every game was pretty much sold out no matter who we played. Going to the games is more like a social event if you play somebody sorry than it is a football game. Because you never know when somebody will make an amazing play. It could be a DIII opponent and if you weren't there to see a play it was like you were some anti-football nazi. Glad I got free tickets ;)

Yep. The big schools, it doesn't matter who they play, it doesn't matter if it's already a 30 point blowout by the end of the 1st quarter. As you said, it's almost more of a social event than a football game when playing one of those "guaranteed win" opponents. People go to hang out with friends, drink, and just have a fun time with fellow fans.

Using the above example of Eastern Michigan, they are always going to have empty stands. They suck as a football team, haven't had a winning record going back as far as 2002, probably even longer. The EMU campus is literally 15 minutes away from Michigan Stadium. That means you are guaranteed that there is large amounts of EMU students taking a drive down the road to go to Michigan's games, than going to EMU's games.

Looking as far back as 2000, Michigan has never had a home game with less than 106,304 (2009 vs. Delaware State). Every other game game has been more than that many in attendance, against teams like Toledo, Western Michigan, Ball State, Eastern Michigan, Appalachian State, UMass, Miami (OH), San Diego State, Central Michigan, Bowling Green, and Rice. Even the year they went 3-9, they were still pulling in over 107,000 against the Big Ten, Utah, Notre Dame, Miami (OH) and Toledo.

jaymo76
08-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Played a game in Washington St... they now avg 8,000 a game as they have not won a game in 27 attempts (lol). The stadium looked amazing as it was 90% empty.

EerRaid12
08-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Ok so I was wrong. I just want to emphasize, once again, that games where the crowd is tiny shouldn't have home field advantage effects.