PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 12 - Game Update #2 Details

Pages : [1] 2

cdj
08-02-2011, 02:09 PM
http://thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA12/ASUrunning.jpg

EA SPORTS has posted a new blog detailing Game Update #2 (http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football/blog/title-update-2) for NCAA Football 12 which is expected to be available before the end of the month.

Hey everyone, Ben Haumiller here and I’m happy to officially announce the details on the second Title Update for NCAA Football 12. Unfortunately I can’t give an exact release date, but it currently looks like the Title Update will release before the end of this month. We’ll be sure to keep you posted on the Title Update availability here and on our social channels.

Before getting to the details of the update, I want to take a moment to thank you, the NCAA Football community, for all of your patience and assistance during the past couple of weeks. A great many of you share the same passion for this game as we do, and you did everything possible to help identify issues, and provide the necessary details - not just to help make a game better, but to make your game better. If you are reading this, you are a member of the most dedicated community in gaming, and for that we are truly grateful. Now, on to the details:

Week Advance Anywhere

As a token of our appreciation, we’re happy to announce that as of today “Week Advance Anywhere” on the web is now available for use, and that this feature will be FREE for everyone to use.

Custom Playbooks

With this Title Update the missing play issue that led to a number of problems when using Custom Playbooks has been fixed. Not only is the issue fixed, but you will not need to recreate your playbooks! Any existing playbook will have the fix applied, and you will be able to continue using that playbook without issue.

Tendencies

As with the Custom Playbooks resolution, the fix to the issue of edited player tendencies changing will not negate any previously edited roster file. The fix will be applied to both those existing files, as well as any new roster file that is created.

If you are in a Dynasty or Online Dynasty you will not need to restart as long as your Dynasty is still in year one and you have not advanced past “Training Results” in the off-season. If you are before this point, the update will be applied to your existing Dynasty/Online Dynasty and the tendencies will be correct for all players going forward. If you are in year two and beyond, the tendency issue impact will be less and less as the players graduate/are cut from the rosters.

In addition to the tendencies issue, we have also included both the ability to edit height and weight for players, as well as the option to edit the rosters of CPU controlled teams. In an Online Dynasty the commissioner will have the ability to edit the rosters for other human controlled teams. These were both big requests from you in the community.

Finally, a bug was fixed with the profanity filter that was preventing many common names from being entered. Now, any name can be entered, for offline use. A profanity filter is applied to Online Dynasty when the Dynasty is created. If you prefer to opt out of this filter, you can set the Dynasty to Private and the profanity check will not run.

Freezes/Crashes

A major focus for this Title Update was to address any freezes/crashes that were found. There were a number of these issues fixed in this Title Update including a crash that occurred when there were multiple TeamBuilder teams in an Online Dynasty, as well as a crash that occurred during the downloading of an Online Dynasty file.

Gameplay

Increased the acceleration of QB’s on Speed Option plays.

Improved WR blocking, especially on option plays

Fixed an issue where defenders assigned to play the curl to flat/buzz zone did not engage immediately when the QB scrambles past the LOS.

Fixed an issue where safeties with inside deep ¼ zone would drop back instead of read-and-react on run plays.

Fixed an issue in Nickel Cover 3 where the flat zone defender didn’t move as the QB was running at them.

Fixed an issue with Double Outs from 4-2-5 Normal where the RLB wasn’t blocked properly vs. certain formations.

Highlights

Fixed an issue that caused a blank photo to be uploaded leading to issues with other highlights being uploaded.
Dynasty

Fixed an issue in Online Dynasty where injured players did not remain injured when the week advanced.

Fixed an issue where a player’s injury time was only reduced by one week when going from Conference Championship week to Bowl Season. Players will now be back for their Bowl game if they should be off of the IR when their bowl game is played.

Fixed an issue where coaches that changed jobs could get stuck in a state where they were still listed as coaching at their old school on the Players Leaving screen, leading to a Transfer Failed issue.

Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented Dynasties from advancing to the post season.

Fixed an issue with the schedule that prevented entering the Virginia Tech vs. Boston College game (fixed for both Dynasty and RTG).

Fixed an issue where recruiting related trophies/achievements were not unlocked properly if you signed an extension in that season.

Fixed an issue with Program Stability where the grade would drop from A+ to D+ in one season.

Fixed an issue with the Unlock All Promises PDLC not unlocking properly on the Dynasty website.

When viewing an Online Dynasty invite, added information to show what type of job can be selected by default.

Fixed an issue when in the off-season where player stats did not match up between the web and console.
RTG

Fixed an issue where CB’s could not audible after earning the ability to do so through Coach Trust.

Fixed an issue where HB’s could not flip the play after earning the ability to do so through Coach Trust.

Fixed an issue where player’s online stats were not displaying promptly on the Online Leaderboards.

That concludes the list of updates that will be included in the second Title Update. Once again, thank you for your continued support, as well as your willingness to help make NCAA Football 12 the best it can be.

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?501-NCAA-Football-12-Game-Update-2-Details

JBHuskers
08-02-2011, 02:16 PM
LOTS of good stuff here.

xMrHitStickx904
08-02-2011, 02:21 PM
a lot of changes here, which is good. I like the fact that it should be released soon, our patience has been rewarded.

JBHuskers
08-02-2011, 02:22 PM
a lot of changes here, which is good. I like the fact that it should be released soon, our patience has been rewarded.

Yep...especially with the advance the OD from the web for FREE when it was going to cost originally.

Sinister
08-02-2011, 02:23 PM
nothing bout control over wr though you can't throw digs effectively and every catch is over the shoulder or at an angle. nothing bout touch on the ball or the fact theat lb and dlineman jump to often. or cb able to cover two recievers without looking. (last one i think can change with sliders)

Deuce
08-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Awesome. :)

griffin2608
08-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Diving catches? All those cool diving catches are not in the game. I have yet to see a single diving catch.

JerzeyReign
08-02-2011, 02:31 PM
I actually have a negative comment about this... where should I vent? :rolleyes:

xMrHitStickx904
08-02-2011, 02:32 PM
in regards to what griffin and sinister posted, those would fall under the "Tuner Update" category, stuff like that doesn't get patched, rather tuned, which serves the online guys very well.

Cipher 8
08-02-2011, 02:32 PM
Thank god. My playbooks will work and I won't freeze five times a day... There's hope for this game afterall :))

griffin2608
08-02-2011, 02:36 PM
in regards to what griffin and sinister posted, those would fall under the "Tuner Update" category, stuff like that doesn't get patched, rather tuned, which serves the online guys very well.

Oh ok thanks I hope this gets some attention soon

AustinWolv
08-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Agreed, LOTS of good stuff there, particularly defenders reacting to the QB running instead of building anther S'more on their assigned zone campfire.

Only diving animation I've seen is the half-dive catch into a roll thing. Looks pretty good.

Looking forward to better option execution.

JerzeyReign
08-02-2011, 02:41 PM
nothing bout control over wr though you can't throw digs effectively and every catch is over the shoulder or at an angle. nothing bout touch on the ball or the fact theat lb and dlineman jump to often. or cb able to cover two recievers without looking. (last one i think can change with sliders)

I agree with these among other little things that annoy some. They seem to have fixed MAJOR things with this update, forgot about the other little things that must be corrected.

Red Zone stats for 200, Alex... :)

Diving catches? All those cool diving catches are not in the game. I have yet to see a single diving catch.

I actually saw my first one in my latest CC game. Video will be uploaded shortly. Temple vs. Miami (OH).

From what I've noticed is that those tuners are only dropped with patches so it really doesn't 'help' us too much. Maybe I misunderstood the concept of them but NCAA isn't tuned as much as I envisioned it (at least twice monthly if necessary).

griffin2608
08-02-2011, 02:45 PM
So you actually seen one of the new diving catch animations? Was the wr a highly rated wr? I have played a ton of games and my best wr that I have had in my dynasty was 94 and never did the animation trigger.

psuexv
08-02-2011, 02:53 PM
Fixes to the freezes and crashes and I'm happy.

cdj
08-02-2011, 02:54 PM
The ability to advance Online Dynasties via the web is live NOW.

Here's a pic of the button (http://twitpic.com/5zz1xc). You can find it on the left side of the screen, on Advance to click 'Next Week.' (Pic courtesy Jason French.)

psuexv
08-02-2011, 02:59 PM
The ability to advance Online Dynasties via the web is live NOW.

Here's a pic of the button (http://twitpic.com/5zz1xc). You can find it on the left side of the screen, on Advance to click 'Next Week.' (Pic courtesy Jason French.)

I can verify this... Sweet :D

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/psuexv/advance.jpg

AustinWolv
08-02-2011, 03:00 PM
If the rolling dive animation is one of the new ones and I don't recall seeing it prior to '12, then yes, I've seen it at least twice......both times with the same WR I think on long passes that he caught going into the endzone. It is one where he catches it and then kind of rolls to cushion his fall.

I have NOT seen any of this type: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzXFpHeoKEQ&feature=related

cdj
08-02-2011, 03:02 PM
I've sent a tweet to CM Justin Dewiel and Development Director Jason French to see if they can let us know if a Live Tuning Package will be accompanying the patch.

Last year, I think each patch had one so I am assuming there will be, but want confirmation either way.

Unconquered
08-02-2011, 03:12 PM
"Before the end of the month?"

Seriously? That's what? Six, seven weeks after launch? I'll be sick of NCAA 12 by then, and I haven't even been able to use the #1 feature: custom playbooks. :down:

th3 last tiger
08-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Glad to hear WR blocking will be tweaked on option plays

psuexv
08-02-2011, 03:14 PM
Glad to hear WR blocking will be tweaked on option plays

I'm not, I keep blowing up peoples options :D :D

cdj
08-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Unfortunately, the process of testing and certification is out of the dev team's hands. Hopefully Sony and Microsoft get to it sooner than later.

Unconquered
08-02-2011, 03:17 PM
I have played a ton of games and my best wr that I have had in my dynasty was 94 and never did the animation trigger.

In NCAA 10 and NCAA 11, certain catching animations were reserved only for players with a high Spectacular Catch rating (95+).

I imagine it's the same this year, though I haven't had time to test it.

Meaning, unless you have a player with high SPC, you'll NEVER see some of those animations.

Unconquered
08-02-2011, 03:22 PM
Unfortunately, the process of testing and certification is out of the dev team's hands. Hopefully Sony and Microsoft get to it sooner than later.

True, but testing BEFORE the game is launched is most certainly in the dev team's hands and they fumbled it. Big-time. :fp:

I'm confident NCAA 12 will be the greatest one ever once it's patched and tuned, but this is getting to be unacceptable. If that timeline holds, then I think the launch of NCAA 12 was even worse than NCAA 10 and NCAA 11 -- and that's some shameful company to be in.

I OU a Beatn
08-02-2011, 03:31 PM
That's immensely disappointing. It's kind of expected since they had a ton of bugs and freezing issues to fix, but to see virtually no game play enhancements or improvements makes it considerably underwhelming for me. Oh well, at least I wont have to worry about the stupid play book glitch anymore.

gschwendt
08-02-2011, 03:35 PM
That's immensely disappointing. It's kind of expected since they had a ton of bugs and freezing issues to fix, but to see virtually no game play enhancements or improvements makes it considerably underwhelming for me. Oh well, at least I wont have to worry about the stupid play book glitch anymore.As mentioned, I imagine the majority of that is fixed via sliders. Obviously that won't address trajectory or similar issues, but with trajectory being in the game the same way as it is for so long, the possibility of changing that mid-year is very remote since it would impact gameplay significantly.

JBHuskers
08-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Yeah, make sure to vote on it for the wishlist tourney :D

I OU a Beatn
08-02-2011, 03:43 PM
As mentioned, I imagine the majority of that is fixed via sliders. Obviously that won't address trajectory or similar issues, but with trajectory being in the game the same way as it is for so long, the possibility of changing that mid-year is very remote since it would impact gameplay significantly.

I wasn't expecting the trajectory to be lowered. I'm fully prepared to deal with that issue until they build a new engine. It's existed in every NCAA game this generation, it just hasn't be noticeable because the defense was dumb. Now that the defense is a little bit smarter, it's much more noticeable. Of course they could always make the defense dumb again, but I don't want that.

I'm more or less referring to a few plays in 425 where the safety runs 30 yards back, the fact there is virtually no pressure from the DE and too much from the DTs, how the defenders immediately react once the ball is thrown, how the WR makes no attempt to catch the ball on some plays and it hits him right in the head, etc.. I was expecting SOME stuff like that to be fixed. Maybe next patch.

roccogator
08-02-2011, 03:44 PM
Any word on custom playbook formation order?

gschwendt
08-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Well, DEs & DTs can very likely be adjusted via Live Tuners. I imagine the defenders reacting quickly POSSIBLY can though who knows if they have plans to adjust that thus neutering the defense. WRs possibly could be addressed via Live Tuner but just depends on what is triggering the issue.

Buckeye
08-02-2011, 03:47 PM
So, is the 'custom playbook fix' supposed to address ALL the issues with custom playbooks including blank formation audibles, files that corrupt and freeze the game etc.?

gschwendt
08-02-2011, 03:49 PM
So, is the 'custom playbook fix' supposed to address ALL the issues with custom playbooks including blank formation audibles, files that corrupt and freeze the game etc.?
At this point we don't know anything more than what is listed in the blog. If you guys want to put together a list of top issues that you don't see listed then we can put it together and ask the devs for further clarification. As well, we can see if we can find some information about what gameplay adjustments are likely to be made.

I OU a Beatn
08-02-2011, 03:49 PM
WRs possibly could be addressed via Live Tuner but just depends on what is triggering the issue.

I don't know. It ALWAYS happens on drags and crossing patterns, though. I've never, ever experienced it on any other route, and it's routine enough on those two types of routes that I rarely throw them anymore. I would like it corrected, though. I've had numerous 3rd and short conversions failed because of the issue.

Rudy
08-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Not a lot of gameplay improvements really. My biggest issues with the game are not addressed although I didn't expect them to be (bringing back the r-stick juke, more personality in the cpu RBs, having the cpu throw the ball more to their better WRs, more player momentum/weight, more arc on passes).

cdj
08-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Not a lot of gameplay improvements really. My biggest issues with the game are not addressed although I didn't expect them to be (bringing back the r-stick juke, more personality in the cpu RBs, having the cpu throw the ball more to their better WRs, more player momentum/weight, more arc on passes).

The Tendency fix might help some with RBs as I think Tendency helps certain backs in becoming more likely to execute certain moves.

Unconquered
08-02-2011, 05:02 PM
If you guys want to put together a list of top issues that you don't see listed then we can put it together and ask the devs for further clarification.

I'd like clarification on two things:

1) Will formations be sorted alphabetically post-patch (i.e., will I find Ace Y-Trips below Ace Bunch Base)?

2) Will blank formation audibles be fixed? I have some formations with play that definitely qualify as Quick Pass, but the formation audible for Quick Pass does nothing.

bdoughty
08-02-2011, 05:22 PM
" Warning Graphic Whore Alert "

No mention of fixing some of the graphical annoyances. Like the End Zone text in RTG. Heck even the graphics on the field of the college teams. Not to mention the splotchy grass effect during actual gameplay.

Paging George Toma to the graphics department at Tiburon. Guru of Grass to the graphics department at Tiburon.

hawkeyeguy
08-02-2011, 05:59 PM
I'm sorry if my opinion is infractable or overboard but to take a control away (while your manual says its still in when its not) pisses me off. So now a patch is coming in 30 days or less and EA wants us to jump for joy? Here's an idea, get your shit together before you ship a product and then make minimal fixes later if necessary. I'm not going to hop around with a big grin with an inferior product in my console. Sorry, but that's crazy and you should expect more

Rudy
08-02-2011, 06:03 PM
The Tendency fix might help some with RBs as I think Tendency helps certain backs in becoming more likely to execute certain moves.

That would be nice but the tools aren't really there anymore. I tried juicing the RBA to 100 and the r-stick juke looks the same. The juke needs to be stronger but how quick/effective it is should be tied more to the RB ratings. The speed of the animation should be slow for big guys and fast for little guys.

As for the arc on the passes I'm really doubting that can be addressed in a patch. However, how often defensive players can swat the ball could easily be tuned. I wish the dev team would have kept the knockdown slider in the game. That would have fixed that issue instantly for offline users. In NCAA 09 and prior versions the knockdown slider was a great tool to adjust DB play. The higher you turned it up the easier it was for a DB to make a play on the ball. It acted as an invisible halo around the player. Max out the knockdown slider and the DB/LB would knock down and make great plays on any ball within 3 yards of them. Drop it to 0 and the defender almost turned invisible as the balls would get right by them. It would be nice if they brought that slider back. I'm sure they could adjust this area through a tuner or patch if they wanted to.

Buckeye
08-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Well for starters, how about:

Does Title Update # 2 include fixes for the following:

1. An issue/issues where formation audibles for certain formations in custom playbooks are blank/unassigned. Will the user be allowed to select formation audibles and/or the game assign mandatory plays as formation audibles or provide a means for the user to have all four formation audibles for every formation in a custom playbook?

2. Formations groupings (Ace, I-form, Shotgun etc.) and formations within a grouping (Shotgun - Ace, Ace Twins, Normal, etc.) are listed in random order in custom playbooks. Will these be listed in alphabetical or an otherwise meaningful order in custom playbooks post Title Update # 2 install?

3. An issue/issues where custom playbook files get corrupted and game freezes on game load screen in all game modes

These three issues have been asked in multiple threads already, so a simple search should yield more details regarding each of them

Also, when can we expect an answer on this?

At this point we don't know anything more than what is listed in the blog. If you guys want to put together a list of top issues that you don't see listed then we can put it together and ask the devs for further clarification. As well, we can see if we can find some information about what gameplay adjustments are likely to be made.

jaymo76
08-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Editing height and weight... sweet!

JBHuskers
08-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Editing height and weight... sweet!

Yep, notice how about a week ago Tommy played it off as it wouldn't be in until NCAA 13, and you call me a tease :P :D :D

souljahbill
08-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Also, when can we expect an answer on this?

Thursday, August 4th at 2:57 pm. Be here for the announcement.

/sarcasm

Seriously, NO ONE can answer that. You'll get the answer when you get the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hawkeyeguy
08-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Seriously, NO ONE can answer that. You'll get the answer when you get the answer.

Unfortunately correct because EA doesn't really give a rip as long as we plunk down our money and then they'll send out little nugget patches later. Its disappointing because I bought my Xbox in May to play NCAA because I heard EA was starting to put out quality NCAA games with an emphasis to the customer, can't say I see it in this version yet

Buckeye
08-02-2011, 07:56 PM
Thanks! I have other commitments at that time, but I'll be rest assured that you will have it all covered - cliff notes, sound bytes and the like for us to read.
/sarcasm

Seriously, the question wasn't directed at you, nor does the quote in your post include any information indicating that a timeline for getting answers is uncertain, so it is not unreasonable to ask when one can expect a response to a question. I request that passive aggressive and trolling-type responses be minimized, or the admins (who are impartial) will be forced to take necessary action against such infractions.

Thursday, August 4th at 2:57 pm. Be here for the announcement.

/sarcasm

SmoothPancakes
08-02-2011, 07:57 PM
This thread is cracking me the hell up. :D

SmoothPancakes
08-02-2011, 08:08 PM
Thanks! I have other commitments at that time, but I'll be rest assured that you will have it all covered - cliff notes, sound bytes and the like for us to read.
/sarcasm

Seriously, the question wasn't directed at you, nor does the quote in your post include any information indicating that a timeline for getting answers is uncertain, so it is not unreasonable to ask when one can expect a response to a question. I request that passive aggressive and trolling-type responses be minimized, or the admins (who are impartial) will be forced to take necessary action against such infractions.

Really? You need to relax man. Souljahbill was in no way trolling. He was giving you a honest answer. The community day guys have no clue when that can be answered. They can ask EA, but odds are even EA will tell them "we don't know yet". Good lord, someone gives you an answer and you accuse them of making "passive aggressive and trolling-type responses". :smh:

AustinWolv
08-02-2011, 08:18 PM
or the admins (who are impartial) will be forced to take necessary action against such infractions.
ROFL!

Funny how quickly the poster resorts to tattling. He also needs to practice what he preaches. The staff here doesn't work for EA, but they give you a direct voice to EA. A little more kindness instead of being demanding would go a long way.

I heard EA was starting to put out quality NCAA games with an emphasis to the customer, can't say I see it in this version yet
Because you don't want to see it yet, as it just easier to bitch from behind a keyboard. Perhaps you should try Backbreaker and rethink the poor attitude.

cdj
08-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Relax, guys. :) We'll fire off those questions, but no clue when we'll hear anything back. It sounds like the team is finishing up the update now (https://twitter.com/#!/JDewiel/status/98546836918386689) and then will be submitting it to MS & Sony.

OS Radio (http://www.blogtalkradio.com/operationsports/2011/08/03/os-rado-show--ea-sports-season-ticket-edition) reporting that EA is working on a Live Tuning Patch that may be released around the time of Game Update #2.

SmoothPancakes
08-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Relax, guys. :) We'll fire off those questions, but no clue when we'll hear anything back. It sounds like the team is finishing up the update now (https://twitter.com/#!/JDewiel/status/98546836918386689) and then will be submitting it to MS & Sony.

OS Radio (http://www.blogtalkradio.com/operationsports/2011/08/03/os-rado-show--ea-sports-season-ticket-edition) reporting that EA is working on a Live Tuning Patch that may be released around the time of Game Update #2.

Which means maybe around the 20th of the month, within that week or the week after, depending on when they get it done this week and submitted to MS and Sony, and then how long it takes those two to certify it, we'll be seeing the patch show up.

Buckeye
08-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Thank you.

jaymo76
08-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Yep, notice how about a week ago Tommy played it off as it wouldn't be in until NCAA 13, and you call me a tease :P :D :D

Yeah, I recalled that and was very dissapointed... but not anymore. Great addition and a big thank you to community members for raising the request and Tiburon for implementing it.:up:

Rudy
08-02-2011, 09:09 PM
I don't understand why EA releases a tuner file at the same time as the patch. Tuning files were created to get around the restrictive patch costs and timelines. The patch is far more powerful anyway. Why not do everything with only the patch and then release tuning files between patches to clean up some things? Honestly, if they release both at the same time like last year, is there really a point in having a tuning file?

SmoothPancakes
08-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Agreed. Look at the NHL team. They release tuning files all the time, sometimes as often as every week or every other week, perfecting areas of the game. They release multiple tuning files between the patches they release. The NCAA team really needs to talk with the NHL team about the tuning files and how to better take advantage of them. The way the NCAA team uses them right now is stupid is hell.

morsdraconis
08-02-2011, 09:16 PM
I don't understand why EA releases a tuner file at the same time as the patch. Tuning files were created to get around the restrictive patch costs and timelines. The patch is far more powerful anyway. Why not do everything with only the patch and then release tuning files between patches to clean up some things? Honestly, if they release both at the same time like last year, is there really a point in having a tuning file?

Tuners can be unloaded/deleted while still playing the game

They don't cost EA any money to create/implement (besides the normal in house costs)

Tuners can change things by simple tweaks (small variables/code on top of code) whereas changing the base code (patches) for those things is much more involved

JBHuskers
08-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Yeah, I recalled that and was very dissapointed... but not anymore. Great addition and a big thank you to community members for raising the request and Tiburon for implementing it.:up:

We'll just call Tommy a reverse tease.

JBHuskers
08-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Tuners can be unloaded/deleted while still playing the game

They don't cost EA any money to create/implement (besides the normal in house costs)

Tuners can change things by simple tweaks (small variables/code on top of code) whereas changing the base code (patches) for those things is much more involved

And tuners can be done on the fly well into the game's lifespan.

umhester04
08-03-2011, 02:19 AM
I can see why we haven't gotten any tuners yet because I believe that the issues they were working on for this patch were pretty large and complicated issues. I personally am expecting to see a tuner after they send the patch to microsoft/sony. This is a little more reasonable for them to complete all the things they need to complete without multi-tasking too much.

JerzeyReign
08-03-2011, 02:58 AM
And tuners can be done on the fly well into the game's lifespan.

Not to put you on the spot but do you know why we don't see as many tuners as games such as the NHL series? Or is it possible they will increase the output of these tuner packages without the need of a patch in the future? What things can a tuner adjust? For example, can a tuner adjust user linemen having Pancake Blocks register?

steelerfan
08-03-2011, 03:41 AM
Agreed. Look at the NHL team. They release tuning files all the time, sometimes as often as every week or every other week, perfecting areas of the game. They release multiple tuning files between the patches they release. The NCAA team really needs to go down the hall and talk with the NHL team about the tuning files and how to better take advantage of them. The way the NCAA team uses them right now is stupid is hell.

Is there a hall from Maitland to Vancouver?? Wow! :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

SmoothPancakes
08-03-2011, 04:09 AM

Not literally right down the f'n hall, but you get the idea of what I mean, aka, they need to talk to the NHL team about how they handle and release tuning files. :fp:

oweb26
08-03-2011, 06:52 AM
"Before the end of the month?"

Seriously? That's what? Six, seven weeks after launch? I'll be sick of NCAA 12 by then, and I haven't even been able to use the #1 feature: custom playbooks. :down:

If you are tired of the game by then thats one you. Most games take about just as long to release a patch worth anything, again it take Microsoft about two- three weeks to approve the damn thing on top of that as a company you would want to include as much as possible because they cost money, I think that is a realistic timeline. I am actually ready for madden to come out so the damn servers will be openly available. :)

Yep...especially with the advance the OD from the web for FREE when it was going to cost originally.

So for all the people who paid for the feature already to with the other package are getting hosed?

Whammer
08-03-2011, 07:18 AM
The NCAA team really needs to go down the hall and talk with the NHL team about the tuning files and how to better take advantage of them. The way the NCAA team uses them right now is stupid is hell.

Sorry, but they can't go down the hall. NHL is developed by EA Canada- the world leader in sports games. FIFA and NHL are miles ahead of Madden and NCAA. I wish EA would be smart enough to involve EA Canada into both their football titles.

Whammer
08-03-2011, 07:22 AM
What about fixing the SOUND of this game! They hyped up the stadium sounds, bands and crowds before the game released and everyone has been complaining how muted the sounds seem to be. Yet no fix for the sounds!!!???
I'm enjoying the game but honestly.....the guys who develop this game REALLY leave a lot to be desired.

jwallace0317
08-03-2011, 08:20 AM
I just logged into my online dynasty page today and there's no option to advance from the web for the test OD I created. What gives?

Pasta padre has noted the same thing.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6029/6004847445_ee4ea9e7a4.jpg

xMrHitStickx904
08-03-2011, 08:38 AM
i'm not gonna lie, but this is a funny thread with the amount of complaining going on. If you don't like it, don't play it. Pretty simple to me. This isn't the first time EA has made mistakes, maybe people should just quietly save their money for 13 and so on. That isn't the case for myself since I know how fickle programming is.

Bamafan3723
08-03-2011, 08:59 AM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this but they did not fix the scheduling issue when using the custom conference feature. Schedules get jacked to the point where some teams play more conference games than others. Their highly touted "Custom Conference" feature is completely broken and they did not even touch it in the patch. I really hope they plan on releasing another patch. This is a huge problem when one of your main features is ruined.

Protected rivals not working for Teambuilder teams in dynasty still did not get addressed. Just throwing these out there. These are two pretty big deals IMO that haven't been talked about much.

psusnoop
08-03-2011, 09:01 AM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this but they did not fix the scheduling issue when using the custom conference feature. Schedules get jacked to the point where some teams play more conference games than others. Their highly touted "Custom Conference" feature is completely broken and they did not even touch it in the patch. I really hope they plan on releasing another patch. This is a huge problem when one of your main features is ruined.

Protected rivals not working for Teambuilder teams in dynasty still did not get addressed. Just throwing these out there. These are two pretty big deals IMO that haven't been talked about much.

Can you provide more details?

Deuce
08-03-2011, 09:07 AM
What about fixing the SOUND of this game! They hyped up the stadium sounds, bands and crowds before the game released and everyone has been complaining how muted the sounds seem to be. Yet no fix for the sounds!!!???
I'm enjoying the game but honestly.....the guys who develop this game REALLY leave a lot to be desired.

I wondered about this. It's one of the few 'bugs' I've noticed. What's strange is the crowd noise sounds correct in RTG games.

Unconquered
08-03-2011, 10:18 AM
i'm not gonna lie, but this is a funny thread with the amount of complaining going on. If you don't like it, don't play it. Pretty simple to me.

I'll never understand that kind of defeatist attitude. I paid $60 -- the game should work as advertised. End of story.

If customers don't speak up and complain, EA is free to march all over them. When I read a comment like yours it just makes me think you have EA tread marks up and down your back. Speak up and fight back, man!

morsdraconis
08-03-2011, 10:23 AM
I'll never understand that kind of defeatist attitude. I paid $60 -- the game should work as advertised. End of story.

If customers don't speak up and complain, EA is free to march all over them. When I read a comment like yours it just makes me think you have EA tread marks up and down your back. Speak up and fight back, man!

Easiest way to speak your dissatisfaction for the game is by not buying it. Otherwise, you're just one of the morons that buys it, hates it, and doesn't play it after a few months.

I OU a Beatn
08-03-2011, 10:31 AM
i'm not gonna lie, but this is a funny thread with the amount of complaining going on. If you don't like it, don't play it. Pretty simple to me. This isn't the first time EA has made mistakes, maybe people should just quietly save their money for 13 and so on. That isn't the case for myself since I know how fickle programming is.

That's fine except for the fact that Madden is exponentially better than NCAA year in and year out, and not only that, but they often actually fix issues that deal with game play in their patches. Last year they tightened up the zone coverage and increased the pass rush which made for a world of difference. The lone difference here: the Madden team develops for the hardcore player while the NCAA team uses dreads, cannons, and graphic upgrades to appeal to the casual audience.

That said, they're actually getting closer to matching the great game play that existed on PS2. The reason they get hammered so much is their own fault. They made GREAT games on PS2, so they're expected to do much of the same this generation, which they have yet to do. I'd say they're close this year, but it still needs a good bit of tweaking before it matches the quality of the PS2 game play. If I had to guess, I'd say next year's version is going to be pretty solid. This year's is as well, but it's just missing too many things and too many things don't work the way they should.

psusnoop
08-03-2011, 10:31 AM

I'm pretty sure that everything that is/was and continuing to be tested out has been passed on the Dev team from this community. Not sure why you feel like because the Admin here are handling things in a respectful way that they are allowing EA to run all over them. That is just silly and quite frankly WRONG. Everyone here wants the game to work better and have voiced just as much, but the difference is in the approach and delivery.

What would be the better suggestion in your eyes on how to handle NCAA in the future should something not work? :dunno:

oweb26
08-03-2011, 10:48 AM
That's fine except for the fact that Madden is exponentially better than NCAA year in and year out, and not only that, but they often actually fix issues that deal with game play in their patches. Last year they tightened up the zone coverage and increased the pass rush which made for a world of difference. The lone difference here: the Madden team develops for the hardcore player while the NCAA team uses dreads, cannons, and graphic upgrades to appeal to the casual audience.

That said, they're actually getting closer to matching the great game play that existed on PS2. The reason they get hammered so much is their own fault. They made GREAT games on PS2, so they're expected to do much of the same this generation, which they have yet to do. I'd say they're close this year, but it still needs a good bit of tweaking before it matches the quality of the PS2 game play. If I had to guess, I'd say next year's version is going to be pretty solid. This year's is as well, but it's just missing too many things and too many things don't work the way they should.

There you go again with your opinion:) . Outside of online play Madden is no where near as good as NCAA IMO. I can agree with that last portion though.

oweb26
08-03-2011, 10:50 AM
I'm pretty sure that everything that is/was and continuing to be tested out has been passed on the Dev team from this community. Not sure why you feel like because the Admin here are handling things in a respectful way that they are allowing EA to run all over them. That is just silly and quite frankly WRONG. Everyone here wants the game to work better and have voiced just as much, but the difference is in the approach and delivery.

What would be the better suggestion in your eyes on how to handle NCAA in the future should something not work? :dunno:

Couldn't agree more!

oweb26
08-03-2011, 10:51 AM
Easiest way to speak your dissatisfaction for the game is by not buying it. Otherwise, you're just one of the morons that buys it, hates it, and doesn't play it after a few months.

Ain't no need for name calling. :D :P

I'm almost to 10000....wait no I'm not.

I OU a Beatn
08-03-2011, 10:54 AM
I think it's common sense that I'm giving my own personal opinion when I post, I don't remember saying anything different. I guess I'm going to have to start using this message after every single thing I say.

*This post is based 100% on my own opinion and is not to be considered the opinion of anyone else.* :D

I don't see how I'm supposed to post and not include my opinion. Isn't that the entire point of a forum?

oweb26
08-03-2011, 11:12 AM
:DYeah I was just giving you grief from our discussion in last month forum feedback. That was all.

jwallace0317
08-03-2011, 11:22 AM
So when can I advance from the web? I guess "right now" was secret code for some later undefined point in time? Just logged in again and the button is still not there.

gschwendt
08-03-2011, 11:31 AM
So when can I advance from the web? I guess "right now" was secret code for some later undefined point in time? Just logged in again and the button is still not there.
It was available right around the time the blog post went live, however they have since removed it, presumably because either it wasn't working as well as they thought or the instant demand was greater than they were comfortable with.

Either way, we'll let you know when we know it's back but for now, I wouldn't wait for it to return and instead just advance from the console.

gigemaggs99
08-03-2011, 01:02 PM
It was available right around the time the blog post went live, however they have since removed it, presumably because either it wasn't working as well as they thought or the instant demand was greater than they were comfortable with.

Either way, we'll let you know when we know it's back but for now, I wouldn't wait for it to return and instead just advance from the console.

Now that's funny right there.

Is it not strange they prior to the game coming out they tell you about all these features that will be new or better than last year's version? Then when the game comes out, they aren't all there, or there are missing parts...and patches come out....why in the heck do they continue on this path? They say there is a way to advance online but then remove it b/c they didn't expect people to use it?

"ladies an gentlemen, here is our new car....it has A/C....oh by the way it doesn't work b/c we didn't think you'd ACUTALLY use it"

I'll be honest, I'm one of the dumb ones, not sure if that's the correct term. I love NCAA football, I play EA's version b/c it's the only NCAA football game I can find. So for me to stop spending my money on their product, well that's just a silly thing to say. It's not like there is an alternative out there.

I also must laugh, when they say the patch will come out by the end of the month. Once again, I know deadlines are hard to stick to, but I think it would restore a lot of confidence in users if you would give a firm date. If you realistically sit down in your meetings with all these game people at EA, can't they all come up with a date, even if it's not in August. I'm sure there is a lot of pressure to get it out before Madden comes out, but the people that really play NCAA over Madden (me for 1) don't give a stink about Madden's release date. So I can wait for the update, I just find it funny...it seems like they are putting themselves behind the eight-ball again by saying, "by the end of the monty"...that sounds like a producer somewhere pushing too hard and fast...and it leads to the update coming out and things not being fixed and they will say, "well we were rushed to get it out." Take your time, get it right. I understand there is a CUT OFF point where you start working on NCAA 13, so draw a hard line in the sand and decide what will and won't be fixed, then sit down and fix it. Why release 10 patches when 1 will do?

On a side note, can you release a patch so I can win more? JUST KIDDING!

I'm glad for all they (EA) does. This game is a nice stress reliever for me. I enjoy playing it, I think some get too uptight, in the end it's only a video game. I just wish they (EA) decided who they were going to listen to, the serious never pleasable forum users, or something alittle more middle of the road. I know you can't please everyone, it just isn't clear who they are listening to and which direction they are taking to address these wide range of concerns.

I've watched some of those 'making-of' videos on ESPN, it seems like there are a lot of people involved and basically like any HUGE company too many hands in the pie. I understand the game, disk space, PS3, XBOX 360, graphics cards, processors, etc... all factor in on what can and cannot be done but it seems like there needs to be more of a structure on what is the general idea here.

Is it overall graphics, the look of the game?

The sounds?

The gameplay? Inside of this, is that OD, RTG, etc....?

There are so many different ways to mold and shape the game but they (EA) is limited on Disk Space, server space, Game console performance...it seems like they are attempting to max out every possible venue (graphics, sound, etc...) and the risk of not having other aspects tested and fully functioning...i.e. game freezing, injuries not carrying over...etc...I know a lot of these have been re-worked with the up coming patch, but my question is, why weren't they tested or resolved prior to the game coming out?

In my opinion, and I've yet to see this grass issue some have been reporting, but I'd rather play on a field that is missing grass, maybe it could be dirt like the school has a bad grounds crew....I'd rather have that then actual gameplay issues that affect the long term playability of the game. To me, one of the big difference between this and older version, like nintendo is the ability to play multiple games, seasons...not just 1 game and done. When OD's freeze, or the game just stops loading, well that seems to be a bigger issue to me than how the grass looks.

"hey look at these stadiums signs Jim, don't they look sweet?"...."yeah, they look cool on your super computer that you draft them up on, the only problem is, my PS3 doesn't quite have the super processor/graphics of your 2011 PC, to be honest...I'd like to play some football, not look at signs".

One thing I will say, the is one re-occuring theme with EA. They have been a great video game company and they have giving us great games to play over the years. That being said, there seems to be this unwritten rule, something about advertising a product but it's more like a tease. Describing new game features only to have some of them work properly is a strange way in my opinion to do things. Suggesting games, like EA's Tennis game, (Grand Slam Tennis) they actually gave it release dates and all, then it just goes by the way side and no real reason is given. It seems like a waste of time and resources to put that many people to work on a product that isn't going to be sold to make revenue. I guess what I'm saying is, why advertise products and features only to release them 1/2 or not at all? Why go into great detail about this patch, yet not give a firm date, it's only going to beg the question of WHEN? Either way people are going to complain, I would say, "we are looking into your addressed and noted issues. IF we release a patch it will be when WE are ready and it will fix THE issues we want it to. "

OR you could not say anything, release a patch and THEN explain what the patch fixes.

Thanks for listening.

Unconquered
08-03-2011, 01:35 PM
Easiest way to speak your dissatisfaction for the game is by not buying it.

You're missing the point: Let's say you buy a Ford and it's a lemon -- sure, you might say you'll never buy a Ford again, but in the meantime, you'll take it back to the dealer and get one that runs, right?

That's what I'm getting at. The biggest feature in NCAA 12 has a game-killing bug, to say nothing of the other bugs that are seriously hobbling what should be a great game.

So yes, maybe next year I'll skip NCAA 13, but in the meantime, the game I spent my hard-earned cash on should WORK.

I'm not trying to troll here, but I don't understand this EA apologist attitude. Some people here seem to suggest that the customers are at fault for buying a buggy game. Huh? I don't expect the game to be perfect, but these crippling bugs are getting to be ri-goddamn-diculous.

Pig Bomb
08-03-2011, 01:41 PM
So you actually seen one of the new diving catch animations? Was the wr a highly rated wr? I have played a ton of games and my best wr that I have had in my dynasty was 94 and never did the animation trigger.

I've seen a few cool diving catches.... this one was a cool one where my WR dove and dragged a foot to comlete the catch
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/3728/txsupercatch1.png

Pig Bomb
08-03-2011, 01:48 PM
nevermind... :)

AustinWolv
08-03-2011, 01:48 PM
You're missing the point: Let's say you buy a Ford and it's a lemon -- sure, you might say you'll never buy a Ford again, but in the meantime, you'll take it back to the dealer and get one that runs, right?
Interesting choice there..........my mom years ago got a Ford and it was a lemon with documented design problems. She did the research on it, pulled all the info together, and sent a packet explaining her problems with the car and copies of all the dealer service invoices, recalls, etc. They basically responded and told her too bad. She was stuck with that car. I ended up buying it when I turned old enough to drive and drove it for a couple years, eventually ditching it to drive a '77 Chevy pickup we had in the family instead which was much more dependable and lighter on my wallet.
She hasn't bought a Ford since, and I have never and will never buy a Ford, based on the way they treated my mom.

So yes, money talks.

SmoothPancakes
08-03-2011, 01:54 PM

Not literally right down the f'n hall, but you get the idea of what I mean, aka, they need to talk to the NHL team about how they handle and release tuning files. :fp:

Sorry, but they can't go down the hall. NHL is developed by EA Canada- the world leader in sports games. FIFA and NHL are miles ahead of Madden and NCAA. I wish EA would be smart enough to involve EA Canada into both their football titles.

Read that then get back to me. Jesus Christ everyone takes everything f'n literally these days :fp:

gigemaggs99
08-03-2011, 02:08 PM
I've seen a few cool diving catches.... this one was a cool one where my WR dove and dragged a foot to comlete the catch
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/3728/txsupercatch1.png

I just played Virgina vs Miami and the Miami WR's made some prett cool catches. Now weren't diving, but they did make some nice 1-handed grabs, almost like they had SUPER STICKY gloves on. Looks cool anyways :-)

bdoughty
08-03-2011, 02:14 PM

Funny thing about EA Canada. They were also the team behind the following.

http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/4826/bynumjesus1.jpg

and that was lead by the guy who resurrected the NHL series.

NHL is amazing and FIFA is really good but far from perfect (there were 6 patches to the FIFA game last year).

JBHuskers
08-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Did I just see the line that said Canada should handle football? :fp:

psusnoop
08-03-2011, 03:12 PM
I'm not trying to troll here, but I don't understand this EA apologist attitude. Some people here seem to suggest that the customers are at fault for buying a buggy game..

I follow these boards very closely and haven't seen anyone say it was your( or customers) fault you/they bought the game. What I have read is that if you are not satisfied with your purchase you should personally consider the pros and cons of such decision in the future.

Huh? I don't expect the game to be perfect, but these crippling bugs are getting to be ri-goddamn-diculous.

Well, together maybe we could just root that they get the core of the problems that are hurting this game figured out and the others patched and tuned to make this game even better for all to enjoy. TGT is well represented in this series and have passed on many issues to EA and continue to do so in hopes of getting things ironed out. Even if everything can't be fixed for 12, we as a community can continue to make an impact for future games and that is a win win for everyone involved.

bdoughty
08-03-2011, 05:33 PM

In fairness they do make a pretty descent soccer (futbol) game. Canada is not exactly known for soccer. The Men's national team has been to a whooping one World Cup (1986) and still has not won a match in the tournament.

Pig Bomb
08-03-2011, 06:38 PM
In fairness they do make a pretty descent soccer (futbol) game. Canada is not exactly known for soccer. The Men's national team has been to a whooping one World Cup (1986) and still has not won a match in the tournament.

Also--the staff working on the game are from all over the place and not just Canada...that's just where the studio happens to be

GuyIncognito21
08-03-2011, 08:44 PM
The fact that they're in Canada is pretty irrelevant next to the fact that their games improve in tangible ways year over year. And their product couldn't possibly evince less of a love for the game of football than the current one, whether it's Canada's game or not.

Bamafan3723
08-03-2011, 09:19 PM
Can you provide more details?
Copy and pasted this from OperationSports. It explains it. This happens everytime you make ANY changes in custom conferences and also if you import a TeamBuilder team into dynasty:

Whats the bug?

Split conferences are not scheduling games correctly. I didn't touch the Big Ten divisions, and some teams end up playing nine conference games. I created a two division Mountain West Conference with 6 teams in each division, protected rivals, and teams end up playing anywhere from 8 to 10 conference games.

What game mode did you experience the bug/glitch in? (Gameplay, Franchise, Online, Front End, etc.....)

Dynasty.

How did it happen or what did you do to trigger it? Can you recreate it?

I created a custom conference with protected rivalries. Yes.

How often can the bug be reproduced?

Every season.

Do you have video or pictures?

Yes.
http://members.cox.net/sauvignon/100_0390.jpg
http://members.cox.net/sauvignon/100_0392.jpg

The scheduling bug in dynasty mode appears to worsen as the years go by. A couple of seasons later, Auburn plays 11 SEC regular season games, whereas the rest of their division plays 9 (they're all supposed to play 8). I've seen teams get screwed out a division title by going 8-0, and losing out to a team that went 9-1, even though the 8-0 team beat the 9-1 team. This is a huge bug IMO, and I'm surprised that more people haven't noticed it. At any rate, there is no excuse for EA not getting this bug resolved in the patch. Conference scheduling follows a very logical format, and it should not be that difficult to implement correctly.
http://members.cox.net/sauvignon/100_0395.jpg
__________________________________________________ _____________________

As far as the protected rivals not working goes, it's pretty simple. It doesn't matter if you have the protected rivals option turned on because the team you choose as your protected rival still rotates off your schedule, when in actuality they should always be on your schedule. EX: I imported my TeamBuilder Alabama team into dynasty, Tennessee is my protected rival, yet they rotate off the schedule in Year 2 of my dynasty.

souljahbill
08-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Is it sad that I'm intrigued by the fact that not only did Auburn go 11-0 in conference but they're also all 99's?

jwallace0317
08-04-2011, 12:14 AM
I'm generally pretty reasonable when it comes to criticizing EA...I take a shit on them when it's called for, but I'm not an extreme basher who's constantly griping, and I have no problem dishing out the compliment when things are done right (the gameplay this year is overall pretty great), but.....

The severe glitches related to the touted new features are so egregious this year. This custom conference scheduling issue is nuts....I mean, was that bug really so hard to catch pre-release? It's not something listed for patch #2, so it looks like it will have to be addressed in patch #3 (late September, maybe?). So, in summary, for NCAA 12 if you want to start an online dynasty with named players, who play with the right tendency, in a conference that you slightly customize, you have to wait 8 to 10 weeks after the game's release? It just adds up to a big shit sandwich....literally...like, the tasty bread slices being the excellent gameplay, and the shit cream filling being the glitchy custom playbooks, edited rosters, and custom conferences, which pretty much ruins the taste of the good bread....eh.

steelerfan
08-04-2011, 02:55 AM
Read that then get back to me. Jesus Christ everyone takes everything f'n literally these days :fp:

This, from Captain Spellcheck? :fp:

steelerfan
08-04-2011, 02:56 AM

My sentiments exactly.

steelerfan
08-04-2011, 03:13 AM
I also must laugh, when they say the patch will come out by the end of the month. Once again, I know deadlines are hard to stick to, but I think it would restore a lot of confidence in users if you would give a firm date. If you realistically sit down in your meetings with all these game people at EA, can't they all come up with a date, even if it's not in August. I'm sure there is a lot of pressure to get it out before Madden comes out, but the people that really play NCAA over Madden (me for 1) don't give a stink about Madden's release date. So I can wait for the update, I just find it funny...it seems like they are putting themselves behind the eight-ball again by saying, "by the end of the monty"...that sounds like a producer somewhere pushing too hard and fast...and it leads to the update coming out and things not being fixed and they will say, "well we were rushed to get it out." Take your time, get it right. I understand there is a CUT OFF point where you start working on NCAA 13, so draw a hard line in the sand and decide what will and won't be fixed, then sit down and fix it. Why release 10 patches when 1 will do?

Do you understand the patch certification process? Once a patch is done, it is out of the developer's hands. All they can do is give an estimate of when Sony/MS will make the patch available.

JerzeyReign
08-04-2011, 03:37 AM
What is going on in this thread? I see diving catches, car talk, halfcourt jesus, virtual Auburn still paying kids... lol... by the way, how far is Maitland from Vancouver?

SmoothPancakes
08-04-2011, 03:52 AM
This, from Captain Spellcheck? :fp:

Captain Spellcheck? Where the fuck did that come from? I couldn't care less about spellcheck, I just like giving people some playful shit now and then because I'm a smartass in real life.

As for my original post, I went back and edited it because some other people are apparently too goddamn stupid to read between the lines and not take each word in that post literally. I thought some of the other people on here were smarter than that. Obviously I was wrong.

steelerfan
08-04-2011, 04:46 AM
I just like giving people some playful shit now and then because I'm a smartass in real life.

Apparently, you dish it, but can't take it. :D :D :D

JerzeyReign
08-04-2011, 04:46 AM
You shouldn't have edited it. Its funny reading the posts from those who took it serious.

SmoothPancakes
08-04-2011, 05:52 AM
Apparently, you dish it, but can't take it. :D :D :D

:fp: :D No, I can take it. I just never seriously, literally meant right down the hallway. I was using that as a figure of speech, and while I didn't really care about you commenting about it (especially after the shit I give you now and then :D), when other people started commenting thinking I was being serious and literal with that phrase, it just becomes a headache dealing with and trying to explain things to those dense people.

You shouldn't have edited it. Its funny reading the posts from those who took it serious.

Yeah, but it also gives headaches having to explain the same thing repeatedly to people who take things word for word serious. Much easier to just edit and move on. Cheaper too with not having to buy a bunch of Advil. :D

GuyIncognito21
08-04-2011, 07:49 AM
My sentiments exactly.

lol, jingoism is a strange trait in video game discussions. We're really going to oppose the game moving to a studio that actually gives a damn and is committed to putting out decent sports game because of the country the studio is in? We'd rather have a crappy, half-assed game made in America than a decent one made in Canada?

No wonder so many people are happy to be charged $65 (soon to be $90 with Season Ticket) to be glorified beta testers for EA.

SmoothPancakes
08-04-2011, 08:15 AM
lol, jingoism is a strange trait in video game discussions. We're really going to oppose the game moving to a studio that actually gives a damn and is committed to putting out decent sports game because of the country the studio is in? We'd rather have a crappy, half-assed game made in America than a decent one made in Canada?

No wonder so many people are happy to be charged $65 (soon to be $90 with Season Ticket) to be glorified beta testers for EA.

You do know that Season Ticket is completely, entirely optional and no one has to buy it if they don't want to, nor will not buying it take anything away from the game or your experience in the game, right? And Season Ticket encompasses multiple games, NCAA, Madden, Tiger Woods, NHL, FIFA, etc, not just NCAA. So you're in no way paying $90 for NCAA.

If you only buy NCAA, obviously it'd be a waste of money for you. For me, I buy NCAA, Madden (most years), Tiger Woods, NHL, and FIFA (most years). So I'd be only paying $65 per game between the $60 for the game and the $25 for the Season Ticket.

Plus, it's only $60 for NCAA, and most times less, if you go a route like Amazon or something similar. ;)

JBHuskers
08-04-2011, 08:23 AM
What is going on in this thread? I see diving catches, car talk, halfcourt jesus, virtual Auburn still paying kids... lol... by the way, how far is Maitland from Vancouver?

In case you were serious, :D

3,256 mi --- 2 days 5 hours

SmoothPancakes
08-04-2011, 08:26 AM
In case you were serious, :D

3,256 mi --- 2 days 5 hours

That's a long ass hallway. :D

Are they forced to walk it, or does EA at least give them segways or something to make it easier? ;)

oweb26
08-04-2011, 08:34 AM
That is a really long hallway, hope there are toilets and some Macdonald's along the way.

I think the only thing that bothers me about this update is they really need to fix the QB throwing the ball out of bounds for no damn reason, and then they are in the box and don't get called for intentional grounding. So frustrating.

This is probably a question for you slider guys will increasing the intentional grounding fix this apparent lack of development?

steelerfan
08-04-2011, 08:43 AM

The basketball franchise worked out well in Canada, didn't it, Mak?

SmoothPancakes
08-04-2011, 08:45 AM

Ouch. :D

JBHuskers
08-04-2011, 08:46 AM

Both of them :fp: as someone stated earlier, it's not like FIFA is without bugs and etc either. Moving this game to Canada a) makes no sense b) won't really help c) is a ridiculous idea in the first place.

GuyIncognito21
08-04-2011, 10:12 AM

lol @ this. You mean you're ripping on a studio because they A) found out their game was bugged to shit BEFORE it was released and B) chose not to thrust it on unwitting consumers despite the fact they could have made a ton of money off morons who didn't know any better?

Give me that studio over one that annually releases a game filled with crippling bugs and chooses to take people's money for it anyway.

That's the true perversity of this situation. The sycophants have gotten to the point they're actually criticizing a different studio for practicing quality control. What a world. If that had been NCAA, they'd have promised those bugs would be fixed in a patch that never came and we mouthbreathers would have bought it anyway. Then they'd buy off the community leaders to tell us all it's a good game anyway. Why do I know that? Because that's exactly what just happened.

I'll take the first studio, thanks.

Both of them :fp: as someone stated earlier, it's not like FIFA is without bugs and etc either. Moving this game to Canada a) makes no sense b) won't really help c) is a ridiculous idea in the first place.

No game is without bugs. But the difference is that FIFA and NHL have steadily improved every year. Their next-gen games didn't spend 6 years re-inserting features (poorly) the game already had on last-gen. When their communities demand changes, the changes are made. Now maybe that can be chalked up to the fact that NHL and FIFA have had more competition over the years than NCAA, but who knows? This studio, on the other hand, has decided its more cost effective to simply bankroll the community sites than it is to improve the game enough to placate the fans.

The rest of that post is just begging the question.

cdj
08-04-2011, 10:26 AM
That's the true perversity of this situation. The sycophants have gotten to the point they're actually criticizing a different studio for practicing quality control. What a world. If that had been NCAA, they'd have promised those bugs would be fixed in a patch that never came and we mouthbreathers would have bought it anyway. Then they'd buy off the community leaders to tell us all it's a good game anyway. Why do I know that? Because that's exactly what just happened.

Calling people morons and sycophants is an easy way to get a ticket out of any respectable website.

If you believe EA SPORTS paid off any 'community leaders,' you are truly delusional or believing whatever seed you let get planted in your head.

That is enough discussion along these ridiculous lines. Let's get back to discussing Game Update #2.

jaymo76
08-04-2011, 11:13 AM

Hey now, let me go on record as saying that I love NCAA BASKETBALL 10 and that game was made by EA Canada.

Oh and technically, EA Canada is in Burnaby so it's a couple more KM's (or miles for my American friends) walk for the good folks at Tiburon. lol. :D

JBHuskers
08-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Hey now, let me go on record as saying that I love NCAA BASKETBALL 10 and that game was made by EA Canada.

Oh and technically, EA Canada is in Burnaby so it's a couple more KM's (or miles for my American friends) walk for the good folks at Tiburon. lol. :D

:nod:

Was a huge step in the right direction. Loved how you had to run your offense in order to be successful in NCAA Basketball 10.

JBHuskers
08-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Calling people morons and sycophants is an easy way to get a ticket out of any respectable website.

If you believe EA SPORTS paid off any 'community leaders,' you are truly delusional or believing whatever seed you let get planted in your head.

That is enough discussion along these ridiculous lines. Let's get back to discussing Game Update #2.

:+1: x :infinity: to the :+1: power.

hitman625
08-04-2011, 11:19 AM
I haven't ran into many of the problems listed in the update, but I am happy they are getting fixed. The game freezing usually happens to me when I'm editing equipment(twice during games), but its still annoying to say the least.

Can't wait to fix some of these ridiculous recruits coming in though...no more 199 lb DE

hawkeyeguy
08-04-2011, 12:16 PM
I'm just glad (away from hallway and Canada making football games) we have some pissed off gamers who are letting their feelings be known, makes me hope threads like these get EA to get their poop in a group and start producing games that the customers demand.

Pig Bomb
08-04-2011, 02:34 PM
RE: "The tendancies fix"... are rosters that have names generated by the game screwed up like the human edited ones???

cdj
08-04-2011, 02:36 PM
RE: "The tendancies fix"... are rosters that have names generated by the game screwed up like the human edited ones???

I don't think so. IIRC, auto-named rosters are OK.

keyser soze
08-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Man, I just skimmed this thread and I am now dumber then before I started....

Question: I downloaded Fairdale King roster before I started my dynasty. Are you telling me that all the players in my dynasty are messed up? So when I play the fast QBs who should be scramblers and run a lot they will be pocket passers? I have Nebraska and O$U left on the schedule, both of these QBs should be inclined to run.

cdj
08-04-2011, 02:48 PM

Question: I downloaded Fairdale King roster before I started my dynasty. Are you telling me that all the players in my dynasty are messed up? So when I play the fast QBs who should be scramblers and run a lot they will be pocket passers? I have Nebraska and O$U left on the schedule, both of these QBs should be inclined to run.

Yes and no.

From what I've gathered, the Player Tendency affects traits and certain player tendencies (EX: likelihood of scrambling) but it doesn't complete ignore player ratings. If Michigan QB #16 takes off, he's still going to be tough to catch. The Stanford QB is still going to have a strong arm and be accurate, though he may scramble more than he will post-patch.

If you keep playing a Dynasty with that file, new players (recruits) that come in each offseason (following the patch) will be corrected. After the patch, the roster file will be fine in Play Now and for new Dynasties.

morsdraconis
08-04-2011, 02:52 PM
I'm just glad (away from hallway and Canada making football games) we have some pissed off gamers who are letting their feelings be known, makes me hope threads like these get EA to get their poop in a group and start producing games that the customers demand.

Pissed off gamers get ignored.

Gamers that actually create CONSTRUCTIVE criticisms are the ones that get heard. Going ballistic over a video game is never going to get your issues solved or even noticed.

Truthfully, if they fixed recruiting where it wasn't a complete fuckin' bore and actually made ratings really and truly matter for every aspect of the game (instead of animations causing certain things to happen no matter what) then I'd be VERY happy with this game.

Bugs happen. It's the bane of every programmer because, no matter how much you spend on quality control and testers, stuff is going to slip through the cracks, especially when you don't have more than probably 4 month to test out everything.

morsdraconis
08-04-2011, 02:53 PM
I don't think so. IIRC, auto-named rosters are OK.

I still can't believe people think this is an issue...

hitman625
08-04-2011, 02:54 PM

I've been hearing over and over about the player tendencies ruining gameplay, but I've yet to experience it at all. Jordan Jefferson scrambled for a 50+ yrd TD while spinning off my CB's tackle and juking my SS. And his tendency was a pocket passer btw

cdj
08-04-2011, 02:59 PM

To be fair, we've had a lot of OT discussion (putting it nicely for some posts) in this thread along with a lot of different community speculation over the past two weeks on what may or may not be the case in regards to the rosters. I'm at the point where I have to stop and think what is correct and isn't. :D

keyser soze
08-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Yes and no.

From what I've gathered, the Player Tendency affects traits and certain player tendencies (EX: likelihood of scrambling) but it doesn't complete ignore player ratings. If Michigan QB #16 takes off, he's still going to be tough to catch. The Stanford QB is still going to have a strong arm and be accurate, though he may scramble more than he will post-patch.

If you keep playing a Dynasty with that file, new players (recruits) that come in each offseason (following the patch) will be corrected. After the patch, the roster file will be fine in Play Now and for new Dynasties.

So will this effect how a CPU team recruits in an OD? Speaking of that, does anyone know how this works this year? Does Army only recruit scrambling QBs even if their current QBs are all balanced due to this roster issue? - Thanks

cdj
08-04-2011, 03:15 PM
So will this effect how a CPU team recruits in an OD? Speaking of that, does anyone know how this works this year? Does Army only recruit scrambling QBs even if their current QBs are all balanced due to this roster issue? - Thanks

I would guess it doesn't alter recruiting, but I honestly don't know. It depends when the tendency change in the UI occurs and where the game looks for Tendency. (When you go in to edit a player, they have correct tendency listed.)

The game is designed for option teams to place a strong emphasis on recruiting Scrambling quarterbacks and so on.

hitman625
08-04-2011, 03:49 PM

No it does not affect recruiting...I've seen Washington St. turn itself into a option based team with proper recruiting (and a demotion to the WAC)

Rudy
08-04-2011, 03:57 PM
That is a really long hallway, hope there are toilets and some Macdonald's along the way.

I think the only thing that bothers me about this update is they really need to fix the QB throwing the ball out of bounds for no damn reason, and then they are in the box and don't get called for intentional grounding. So frustrating.

McDonald's and toilets go hand in hand. :)

As for intentional grounding it is rarely called in football unless ridiculously obvious. A QB just has to throw it within 10 yards of a receiver and no flag. Guys like Marino constantly threw the ball away to avoid a sack and I like this change.

Any word on the cpu attempting incredibly long and impossible FGs on Heisman?

Pig Bomb
08-04-2011, 04:02 PM

Why -I don't see why not?

EA thinks it's an issue...one that requires a fix in a patch no less.

Pig Bomb
08-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Any word on the cpu attempting incredibly long and impossible FGs on Heisman?

had a recent game where the CPU tried a 57 yarder at the end of the half into the wind... i promptly returned it 99 yards for a touchdown

AustinWolv
08-04-2011, 04:13 PM
McDonald's and toilets go hand in hand. :)

As for intentional grounding it is rarely called in football unless ridiculously obvious. A QB just has to throw it within 10 yards of a receiver and no flag. Guys like Marino constantly threw the ball away to avoid a sack and I like this change.

I think he might be talking about when the CPU QB takes the snap and barely gets into his drop when he'll just wing it out of bounds. Either some sort of glitch thing or else the CPU AI instantly recognizes that you've got a blitz and excellent coverage on all the routes so nowhere to throw.............just a guess because it almost seems like a glitch with how quickly he'll wing it out of bounds.

psusnoop
08-04-2011, 07:27 PM
It seems to really go hand and hand with a blitz so I'd lean more towards that then a glitch. I'd like to see something different in this situation but I don't think it's a glitch so to speak.

oweb26
08-04-2011, 07:57 PM
I think he might be talking about when the CPU QB takes the snap and barely gets into his drop when he'll just wing it out of bounds. Either some sort of glitch thing or else the CPU AI instantly recognizes that you've got a blitz and excellent coverage on all the routes so nowhere to throw.............just a guess because it almost seems like a glitch with how quickly he'll wing it out of bounds.
Exactly what I an talking about

oweb26
08-04-2011, 07:58 PM
It seems to really go hand and hand with a blitz so I'd lean more towards that then a glitch. I'd like to see something different in this situation but I don't think it's a glitch so to speak.

It has to be I mean its too obvious when they do it. So everytime I blitz they can just wing it out with no penalty? Seems like BS to me

psusnoop
08-04-2011, 08:29 PM
It has to be I mean its too obvious when they do it. So everytime I blitz they can just wing it out with no penalty? Seems like BS to me

Yea I agree about the look and feel of them throwing it away so quick. I'd like to see another step on there drop and then a quick outlet would be fine as long as it isn't often when it happens. Something to see what we can do now and in the future.

AustinWolv
08-05-2011, 09:46 AM

I agree with you guys as I think it happens on blitzes that you have coverage locked down as well...........I'll have to pay better attention if the pass being sailed out of bounds is in the direction of a receiver though which means it would be legit by the rules. And if that is the case, how come we don't have that option? Or the one STILL missing all these years to throw a screen pass into the dirt because the screen receiver is covered too well?

psusnoop
08-05-2011, 10:06 AM
I agree with you guys as I think it happens on blitzes that you have coverage locked down as well...........I'll have to pay better attention if the pass being sailed out of bounds is in the direction of a receiver though which means it would be legit by the rules. And if that is the case, how come we don't have that option? Or the one STILL missing all these years to throw a screen pass into the dirt because the screen receiver is covered too well?

The ones I recall off the top of my head there is a receiver in the flats that is overthrown by a large margin. Now the thing I would like is to just be a tad slower with this decision because the rush isn't as close as the QB makes it look and feel.

The other thing and I haven't tried yet, is the ball in the dirt on screens. I can get this to happen on curls which is very nice, but I haven't tried on screens. I'll be home here in about an hour and will give that a shot and post a video of both.

AustinWolv
08-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Honestly, I haven't tried it this year, but in the past I remember trying to lead pass it into the dirt and the damn RB would fall down to catch it.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
08-05-2011, 01:04 PM
RB would fall down to catch it.

this makes me want to punch kittens... seriously

"E"

Downing11
08-07-2011, 08:11 AM
I've been away on vacation for the last week and a half, so I am sure it is posted somewhere, I just can't seem to find it. Where do we currently standing on the roster bug? Has EA given any timeframe for a fix?

CLW
08-07-2011, 08:30 AM
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?501-NCAA-Football-12-Game-Update-2-Details

roccogator
08-10-2011, 09:17 AM
Sorry if I missed it, but did we get any further clarification on whether the formations would be reordered in custom playbooks?

Pig Bomb
08-13-2011, 11:24 AM
OK where is this patch already...let's go... let's go!!

SmoothPancakes
08-13-2011, 12:33 PM
OK where is this patch already...let's go... let's go!!

Complain to Sony and Microsoft. They're the reason it's not out yet, and probably won't be out for at least another week or two depending on when exactly EA submitted the patch, since it takes usually two weeks for patches to go through their testing and certification processes.

jaymo76
08-13-2011, 01:01 PM
Complain to Sony and Microsoft. They're the reason it's not out yet, and probably won't be out for at least another week or two depending on when exactly EA submitted the patch, since it takes usually two weeks for patches to go through their testing and certification processes.

If the patch drops when Madden comes out that will really suck because a lot of my time will be going to that game.

SmoothPancakes
08-13-2011, 01:32 PM
If the patch drops when Madden comes out that will really suck because a lot of my time will be going to that game.

That's where I'm in luck. :D Between focusing so much on my FIU dynasty, as well as the slew of games coming out this fall that my interest levels in are FAR above that of Madden, I probably won't look at picking up Madden until sometime around the holiday season.

jaymo76
08-13-2011, 01:36 PM
That's where I'm in luck. :D Between focusing so much on my FIU dynasty, as well as the slew of games coming out this fall that my interest levels in are FAR above that of Madden, I probably won't look at picking up Madden until sometime around the holiday season.

Im still hoping that a major announcement of the return of NCAA basketball for the holiday season will be forthcoming from EA. It won't... but I'm still hoping.

Rudy
08-13-2011, 05:42 PM
Do we know exactly when EA submitted the patches to Sony/MS? Also, EA hasn't publicly commented on any tuner files being released. I'd like to fully test the patch out before Madden comes out.

gschwendt
08-13-2011, 06:14 PM
Do we know exactly when EA submitted the patches to Sony/MS? Also, EA hasn't publicly commented on any tuner files being released. I'd like to fully test the patch out before Madden comes out.
Generally they wouldn't announce the full details of the patch until it's completed and ready to be sent to Sony & MS. That way during their final testing of the patch, if they determine something isn't ready, they can decide whether to include it or not. That said, we don't know 100% certain when it was submitted but I would assume it was sometime right around 8/2.

hawkeyeguy
08-16-2011, 04:06 PM
Can somebody give me a good reason to pre-order or get the game on release date? With the wait on this "savior patch" and all the bugs it almost makes sense to purchase the game a month (or longer) after it hits the streets.

AustinWolv
08-16-2011, 04:09 PM
Can somebody give me a good reason to pre-order or get the game on release date? With the wait on this "savior patch" and all the bugs it almost makes sense to purchase the game a month (or longer) after it hits the streets.

If you don't want to play it and potentially save some money, your route is fine.

I've been playing almost nightly and enjoying it greatly, so the purchase has been worth it for me.

If it is worth it to any particular individual depends on their relative budget and what they want out of the game, I guess.

psusnoop
08-16-2011, 09:46 PM
If you don't want to play it and potentially save some money, your route is fine.

I've been playing almost nightly and enjoying it greatly, so the purchase has been worth it for me.

If it is worth it to any particular individual depends on their relative budget and what they want out of the game, I guess.

Completely agree, I think anyone that is searching for an answer here for a decision on whether to buy a game should first self analyze their current position on things. After that it's all elementary.

Although I'm sure we all know Hawkeye is just disappointed with some things and wasn't really looking foe that type of answer, but to be fair to all yea sure we all want this game better out of the gate. No question about it. Period.

I like Austin am really enjoying the heck out of this game right now and play it about 3 hours a day once my kids and wife go to sleep. For me this is an easy decision, the biggest question is when to buy the pass to play on Friday's before release :nod:

Pig Bomb
08-18-2011, 09:56 AM
Patch where are you????? !!!! Come here patch!!! Come on boy.... come on!!!

bdoughty
08-18-2011, 12:36 PM

If you buy your games from amazon and like things like $20.00 credits toward a future purchase.

oweb26
08-18-2011, 03:02 PM
Patch where are you????? !!!! Come here patch!!! Come on boy.... come on!!!

Man your message at the bottom on your screen keeps throwing me off, almost every other day I have to think, damn did I ignore ram for some reason? :fp:

:)

SmoothPancakes
08-18-2011, 04:20 PM
Man your message at the bottom on your screen keeps throwing me off, almost every other day I have to think, damn did I ignore ram for some reason? :fp:

:)

:D I may be about to join that club. :fp:

Rudy
08-18-2011, 04:37 PM
If the patch was submitted to Sony/MS on August 2nd I really think it will be out very, very soon.

AustinWolv
08-18-2011, 04:44 PM
:D I may be about to join that club. :fp:
For your health, do it.

AKA: Save your brain, i.e. you won't get dumber every time you read his posts.

;)

morsdraconis
08-18-2011, 05:49 PM
:(

Poor ram. Always gettin' picked on.

We love ya ram. Don't go away.

steelerfan
08-18-2011, 05:58 PM

Agreed.

Except maybe the "love" part. ;)

Pig Bomb
08-18-2011, 07:09 PM

Agreed.

Except maybe the "love" part. ;)

and the don't go away part

MattUM2
08-18-2011, 08:43 PM
Well it looks like the Patch won't be out until Mid-September.

Deuce
08-18-2011, 08:44 PM
Well it looks like the Patch won't be out until Mid-September.

Source??

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattUM2
08-18-2011, 08:54 PM
Source??

---

The Ben Haumilton interview today on OS.

The host said, "I'm gonna say 28th."

Ben replied, "...well I would LOVE that, but I can't say either way."

JeffHCross
08-18-2011, 08:57 PM
Source?? Operation Sports is talking about some interview that Ben H. did today. He still had no patch date to provide. That's leading people to speculate that the patch hasn't been sent to Microsoft or Sony, which would put it in the early/mid-September time frame.

As far as I can tell, it's all speculation though.

cdj
08-19-2011, 08:27 AM
Operation Sports is talking about some interview that Ben H. did today. He still had no patch date to provide. That's leading people to speculate that the patch hasn't been sent to Microsoft or Sony, which would put it in the early/mid-September time frame.

As far as I can tell, it's all speculation though.

I listened to the podcast last night and didn't get the impression the patch hadn't been sent off yet. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't hear the same thing some at OS discussed. If they submitted it to MS/Sony, they won't have a date until MS/Sony give them one.

Rudy
08-19-2011, 06:11 PM
The thing that I don't understand is that Ben said he would LOVE for the patch to be out on August 28th. That doesn't make sense if EA submitted on August 2nd. Certification is 2-3 weeks and there is no way it would be released that late if EA had submitted it at that time. Ben should have said I expect it to be but you never know. I'm guessing EA submitted the patch on August 2nd to their own quality services team which then runs their own checks and submitted it to Sony/MS. Maybe there was a problem and a delay. I don't know. But if the patch was truly submitted to Sony/MS on August 2nd then the patch should be out very, very soon. Something isn't right about the August 2nd date.

gschwendt
08-19-2011, 06:29 PM
The thing that I don't understand is that Ben said he would LOVE for the patch to be out on August 28th. That doesn't make sense if EA submitted on August 2nd. Certification is 2-3 weeks and there is no way it would be released that late if EA had submitted it at that time. Ben should have said I expect it to be but you never know. I'm guessing EA submitted the patch on August 2nd to their own quality services team which then runs their own checks and submitted it to Sony/MS. Maybe there was a problem and a delay. I don't know. But if the patch was truly submitted to Sony/MS on August 2nd then the patch should be out very, very soon. Something isn't right about the August 2nd date.It wasn't ever officially stated that it was submitted on 8/2... that was our assumption due to past experience. However, like you said, that might have been the day that they submitted it for in-house testing. And who knows, maybe during that in-house testing the also corrected some other significant bugs and decided to roll them into the second patch rather than wait on them to be included in a subsequent patch.

JeffHCross
08-19-2011, 08:43 PM
The thing that I don't understand is that Ben said he would LOVE for the patch to be out on August 28th.I would LOVE to get a job offer tomorrow, and even if I expect one I would still LOVE for it to actually happen.

It's possible that he meant something like that. Instead of the "I would love it, but it'll never happen" quote that the OS guys were interpreting.

Pig Bomb
08-20-2011, 06:58 AM
my interpretation was that Ben would love for it to happen but it's totally out of his hands at this point...the ball is in MS/Sony's court as they say

SmoothPancakes
08-20-2011, 07:24 AM
my interpretation was that Ben would love for it to happen but it's totally out of his hands at this point...the ball is in MS/Sony's court as they say

That was my interpretation as well. He would love it see it happen on the 28th, but that date would be up to MS and Sony and how long it'll take them with the certification process. I definitely didn't get a "we'd love to have it out by then, but it'll never happen because we haven't submitted the patch yet or the patch was just recently submitted" vibe like all the idiots over on OS are practically having seizures thinking and talking about.

I OU a Beatn
08-20-2011, 12:07 PM
This just proves you should never listen to anything said on OS.

Deuce
08-20-2011, 12:17 PM

:+1:

---

jaymo76
08-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Either way, with the patch coming so late and Madden available on the 26th, NCAA will be forgotten by a portion of the gaming public. I am definitely in for Madden so I suspect that NCAA will be on the shelf until the fall.

pantherone26
08-20-2011, 04:07 PM

pantherone26
08-20-2011, 04:07 PM

Jayrah
08-22-2011, 02:46 AM
Officially this is ridiculous. Get the darn thing out already. The fact that "Sony/Ms" or who the F ever has to "approve" this crap and they take so long is pathetic.

Rudy
08-22-2011, 04:46 AM
Officially this is ridiculous. Get the darn thing out already. The fact that "Sony/Ms" or who the F ever has to "approve" this crap and they take so long is pathetic.

I don't think it's fair to blame Sony/MS for this yet. We don't know exactly when EA released the patch to them. I do share the frustration of the wait.

iBrandon
08-22-2011, 08:53 AM
Waiting on the patch is starting to get frustrating. I keep having multiple freezes and it's ruining the game for me.

Jayrah
08-22-2011, 12:35 PM
I don't think it's fair to blame Sony/MS for this yet. We don't know exactly when EA released the patch to them. I do share the frustration of the wait.

I'm blaming the system of certification. The fact that the manufacturer can't certify their own crap to get a game-breaker fix to the consumer as soon as humanly possible is ridiculous. If everything's ready for us, there is no reason it should take more than a week to certify through the upper ranks. 2-3 weeks is a system thing only, with the way tech is these days and the system needs to be changed.

On that note though. Id rather wait up to an extra month for the game to get beta tested online and fixed out the box. I realize they're getting everything into the game that they can. But something of this magnitude just shouldn't be allowed to happen. Every other game freezes, every third game fails to transfer. I've wasted 40+ hrs on games that didn't end up counting and its pathetic.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

jaymo76
08-22-2011, 07:16 PM
The patch isn't so much the big thing for me, it's the TUNER SET. However, what I don't get is why EA attaches tuner sets to the patch??? They are totally seperate and supposed to be seperate...???...

JeffHCross
08-22-2011, 07:55 PM
I'm blaming the system of certification. The fact that the manufacturer can't certify their own crap to get a game-breaker fix to the consumer as soon as humanly possible is ridiculous. If everything's ready for us, there is no reason it should take more than a week to certify through the upper ranks. 2-3 weeks is a system thing only, with the way tech is these days and the system needs to be changed.As a software tester that has to approve stuff before it goes to the customer ... I completely disagree. There's a reason for the wait.

Rudy
08-22-2011, 07:57 PM
The patch isn't so much the big thing for me, it's the TUNER SET. However, what I don't get is why EA attaches tuner sets to the patch??? They are totally seperate and supposed to be seperate...???...

100% agree. It totally defeats the purpose to only do tuner sets with patches. It makes no sense.

keyser soze
08-23-2011, 10:19 AM
100% agree. It totally defeats the purpose to only do tuner sets with patches. It makes no sense.

They might have reasons for wanting to put them out at the same time and blend them together.... I am predicting a LOT of unhappy customers after these come out so might as well have all the fall out at once.

jaymo76
08-23-2011, 03:35 PM
I am always worried with patches. Pre patch 2 last year, I found the cpu run game to be the best run game in the NCAA series, ever. After the patch it was just awful, very similar to this year.

roccogator
08-23-2011, 04:06 PM
Yeah it is a double-edged sword. On one hand you want the things broken fixed, but on the other you dread what will be broken by the patch.

Obviously, I do not know the complexities of the tuner files, but these have the outward appearance based on past fixes attributed to them of being something that would be great if the community could modify. It would appear to give community leaders or commissioners the ability to tune progression, recruits initial ratings, fumbles, injury occurrence, drop frequency, slider effectiveness, and more. This is obviously not something for the casual gamer, but for the hard core it would give us more control over how the game plays.

JeffHCross
08-23-2011, 06:29 PM
This is obviously not something for the casual gamer, but for the hard core it would give us more control over how the game plays.Agreed. Seems like some titles have all of those options, others don't. I've never figured out the pattern (of who includes the options) though.

GatorBait06NC
08-24-2011, 01:31 AM
Waiting for the patch is no big deal at this point. But EA knows about how long certification takes. And why release it so close to Madden makes no sense. They would have to know some sort of time frame to even say that the patch would be out before the end of August. I like how slickly they worded it in the patch 2 details. "The patch will be out before the end of August" which now basically meant "Around the end of August, possibly last day of August" But they worded it to give you hope that it could have been out as early as mid August. Especially when the first major update over the past 2 or 3 years has usually be released in mid-August.

Heres the thing that bugs me, I know about the whole certification thing. But If they charged for this update, I would bet the farm that it would have been out a week or two before Madden. No way they would release a patch that you had to pay for in competition with Maddens launch. It would get passed over by a lot of people.

Dont the gaming companies have to charged after a certain amount of patches anyway??

Whatcha
08-24-2011, 04:59 AM
I think the tuner set has to be released with the patch because it modifies the way things occur once the game has been patched. If they apply a tuner set pre-patch they would have to turn around and apply another tuner set post-patch.

With regards to timing, no matter where the patch is, if it fixes the few minor things I'm annoyed with then I'm happy. I haven't had nearly as many problems as some have mentioned.

jaymo76
08-24-2011, 03:20 PM
Sounds like Pasta is of the opinion that NCAA is "preparing" gamers to accept that a patch will not be out until September... brutal!

steelerfan
08-24-2011, 04:32 PM
Sounds like Pasta is of the opinion that NCAA is "preparing" gamers to accept that a patch will not be out until September... brutal!

You know what they say about opinions, and Pasta is one.

While he may be right, he's wrong alot too. He's just a traffic whore.

I OU a Beatn
08-24-2011, 04:40 PM

Technically, they only have 5 more days to get it out before it will be September, not including weekends. I've very rarely seen a patch released on a weekend, so I'd say Pasta is dead on.

On another note, I'm kind of baffled as to what is taking them so long. If everyone remembers last year with NCAA '11, they RELEASED the game's THIRD patch in early September(a web site I just checked out said September 7th, which sounds about right), so they're a lot further behind this year than they were last year.

steelerfan
08-24-2011, 04:56 PM
Technically, they only have 5 more days to get it out before it will be September, not including weekends. I've very rarely seen a patch released on a weekend, so I'd say Pasta is dead on.

On another note, I'm kind of baffled as to what is taking them so long. If everyone remembers last year with NCAA '11, they RELEASED the game's THIRD patch in early September(a web site I just checked out said September 7th, which sounds about right), so they're a lot further behind this year than they were last year.

I don't have any "inside information" on this, but my best guess is that they had to add things to the patch that weren't initially accounted for. In that Dead Pixel interview, Ben said there were things in the patch that aren't listed in the blog and that he'd do another blog later to address those. That's my guess as to why it's not out, but who knows?

JeffHCross
08-24-2011, 08:12 PM
But If they charged for this update, I would bet the farm that it would have been out a week or two before Madden. No way they would release a patch that you had to pay for in competition with Maddens launch. It would get passed over by a lot of people.

Dont the gaming companies have to charged after a certain amount of patches anyway??Yes. After Patch 2. Which is why the second patch is *usually* later in a product's life cycle and *usually* much larger than Patch 1. So, if you reverse the conversation about them charging us for a Patch, it makes business sense to delay as long as practical to release Patch 2, and make sure it has as much content as is reasonable. You'd hate to release Patch 2 and leave out something worthwhile. Because once Patch 2 is released, you're faced with the decision of not patching again, or paying to do so. Sucky business decision.

That's also why there are a lot of titles out there that only release two patches, no matter how long their product lifecycle.

Rudy
08-24-2011, 09:00 PM
It's also a good reason to not do a release day patch. The retail disc shouldn't have any major issue that requires a day one patch because everyone knows the first two weeks after release are where the big issues come up. If you don't waste one of your free patches at release it makes it easier to do two of them later.

xMrHitStickx904
08-25-2011, 11:33 AM
Haven't played in a week, I take it the patch isn't out yet?

skipwondah33
08-25-2011, 11:41 AM
Time keeps on ticking.......

illwill10
08-25-2011, 11:48 AM
I am waiting to start my Dynasty once the patch is out I will start it. But while I am waiting, I am finishing all my RTGs(8), so when I am finished the patch might be out and I can fully focus on Dynasty

hawkeyeguy
08-27-2011, 05:45 PM
I'm not sure what's worse, waiting for the patch or trying to find a TouchPad

Pig Bomb
08-27-2011, 07:55 PM
it will be out tomorrow...i saw it in a dream

hawkeyeguy
08-28-2011, 04:43 PM
Please tell me the September 7th patch release is nothing more than a rumor

cdj
08-28-2011, 04:47 PM
Please tell me the September 7th patch release is nothing more than a rumor

Where did you hear a date from?

bdoughty
08-28-2011, 05:14 PM
Where did you hear a date from?

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/505312-patch-2-released-sept-7th.html

So September 7th it is. :fp:

Paakaa10
08-28-2011, 05:20 PM
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/505312-patch-2-released-sept-7th.htm

I'm getting a "HTTP 404 Not Found" error when I click on that link.

cdj
08-28-2011, 05:24 PM
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/505312-patch-2-released-sept-7th.htm

I must have overlooked that thread earlier. I find it very difficult to believe someone in customer service would know the date. Typically, I don't think studios know when patches will hit until MS/Sony approve them and are just (1-3) days away from pushing them through, much less 10 days away.

bdoughty
08-28-2011, 05:24 PM
Whoops, left off the (L) in HTML

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/505312-patch-2-released-sept-7th.html

JeffHCross
08-28-2011, 05:25 PM
I'm getting a "HTTP 404 Not Found" error when I click on that link.He left out the 'l' at the end of the link.

bdoughty
08-28-2011, 05:27 PM
I must have overlooked that thread earlier. I find it very difficult to believe someone in customer service would know the date. Typically, I don't think studios know when patches will hit until MS/Sony approve them and are just (1-3) days away from pushing them through, much less 10 days away.

Of course they don't. It has to be someone who just made that up to sir the forum pot.

bdoughty
08-28-2011, 05:30 PM
He left out the 'l' at the end of the link.

I think I forgot the letter L :nod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVIiD-texoU

SmoothPancakes
08-28-2011, 06:00 PM
Yeah, I'm calling complete BS on that thread.

I OU a Beatn
08-28-2011, 07:03 PM
There's no doubt in my mind that's hog wash. I know for a fact the development team doesn't even know until like a day or two before they can release it let alone some phone jocky getting paid minimum wage. Absolutely no way is that official.

JBHuskers
08-29-2011, 10:18 AM
An update on the update:

http://twitter.com/#!/EANCAAFootball/status/108194863568261120

#NCAAFootball12 Title Update #2 Update: We have made it through internal certification and now we're waiting on approval from Sony/Microsoft

http://twitter.com/#!/EANCAAFootball/status/108194926826758144

The update is hitting a bit later than expected because we addressed a few additional stability issues that will improve the experience.

I OU a Beatn
08-29-2011, 10:27 AM
Which basically means 1-2 weeks from today.

rhombic21
08-29-2011, 10:31 AM
For this amount of delay, they really better have addressed some other issues besides the stuff they listed initially and the stability stuff.

Pig Bomb
08-29-2011, 10:38 AM
For this amount of delay, they really better have addressed some other issues besides the stuff they listed initially and the stability stuff.

here here!! :up:

morsdraconis
08-29-2011, 11:27 AM
(shrugs)

I doesn't change anything for me. I still won't be playing anymore unless the actual AI is updated (HIGHLY doubtful).

I OU a Beatn
08-29-2011, 01:31 PM
(shrugs)

I doesn't change anything for me. I still won't be playing anymore unless the actual AI is updated (HIGHLY doubtful).

Yeah, dude. Definitely do NOT hold your breath on that one. :D

Pig Bomb
08-29-2011, 02:17 PM

seriously..... shit!

online dynasties and custom playbooks better function like they were made for the damn queen of england after this wait!!

Rudy
08-29-2011, 04:02 PM

Maybe more. And why are people still waiting for a tuner patch?

jaymo76
08-29-2011, 06:58 PM
The patch is coming too late. I am officially "in love" with Madden 12. It would be hard to go back at this point which is a shame because there is just such potential with NCAA 12...

JeffHCross
08-29-2011, 07:39 PM
Wow.

CLW
08-29-2011, 09:55 PM
zzzzzzzzz

JerzeyReign
08-30-2011, 02:44 AM
Actually the patch dropped today.... hello Madden '12 :)

hawkeyeguy
08-30-2011, 02:15 PM
This really sucks

th3 last tiger
08-30-2011, 07:28 PM
so weak

jaymo76
08-30-2011, 11:37 PM
Maybe more. And why are people still waiting for a tuner patch?

The million $$$ Question.

Pig Bomb
08-31-2011, 08:15 AM
The million $$$ Question.

probably hoping they will tweak LB jumping and tone down the "strip" among other things

GatorBait06NC
08-31-2011, 09:40 AM
I find it hilarious that people will be starting their Madden Franchise before their NCAA Dynasty. NCAA dropped almost 2 months ago.

I even tried to play RTG in the meantime and even that was game killed for me. I was one of the ones who made the mistake of choosing to play at Virginia Tech. That glitch where you cant play the V-Tech/Boston College game on any mode also affects other games in the season, not just that one. It had me playing BC the week I was supposed to play Clemson, had to sim that. Then a few weeks later when I was actually playing BC, had to sim it too.

JeffHCross
08-31-2011, 08:49 PM
probably hoping they will tweak LB jumping and tone down the "strip" among other thingsI think he meant "why isn't it out yet".

Oneback
08-31-2011, 11:33 PM
I'm starting to get the feeling that patch 2 is a unicorn. Talked about but never seen.

MuckyPup
09-01-2011, 12:02 AM
ya , this is nuts, i'm a patient person , but this is rediculous, I Also play madden and import the draft classes for it from NCAA . Being that Madden moved the import draft classes up from the end of the season to right after the pre-season games. this is really holding both games up for me. Its kewl how madden does have the draft classes early to scout during the season, but in doing so, you have to stay a whole season ahead of madden to do this, which isn't kewl .

SmoothPancakes
09-01-2011, 12:26 AM
kewl

Or cool. :fp:

keyser soze
09-01-2011, 08:42 AM
(shrugs)

According to a guy named morsdraconis in another thread, all AI issues can be fixed with slider tweaks and therefore you should not complain about them.

Pig Bomb
09-01-2011, 08:53 AM
According to a guy named morsdraconis in another thread, all AI issues can be fixed with slider tweaks and therefore you should not complain about them. ha ha ha

and if your 360 gets hot enough you can pop popcron on it as well!

oweb26
09-01-2011, 09:37 AM
According to a guy named morsdraconis in another thread, all AI issues can be fixed with slider tweaks and therefore you should not complain about them.

Touche. :D

morsdraconis
09-01-2011, 10:58 AM

I want the game to be HARDER without feeling like the players are psychic. You find sliders that actually do that, I'll gladly play them. Until then, the AI needs to be fixed (aka, zones need to be better). I'm certainly no Peyton Manning, so I shouldn't be able to slice up a defense like I am either, but I can, without fail with pretty much anyone that's not 75 ovr or below.

oweb26
09-01-2011, 11:23 AM
I want the game to be HARDER without feeling like the players are psychic. You find sliders that actually do that, I'll gladly play them. Until then, the AI needs to be fixed (aka, zones need to be better). I'm certainly no Peyton Manning, so I shouldn't be able to slice up a defense like I am either, but I can, without fail with pretty much anyone that's not 75 ovr or below.

Its a video game there are only so many variables you can program into a given set and once those have been exhausted without some form of cheating (i.e. psychic) a human opponent should always be better because we can rationale and thing outside of those set variables.

morsdraconis
09-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Yeah, and, until that happens, actually playing the game is pointless because I can beat pretty much any CPU controlled team with a C rated team. If they actually fixed the AI for the CPU for coach mode, I'd greatly enjoy that mode, but it's so god awful, I can't stand it. Plus, they REALLY need to get rid of the dumb ass camera angle. It makes it pretty much impossible to make any adjustments on the defensive side of the ball because the controls are backwards half the time.

xMrHitStickx904
09-01-2011, 02:05 PM
yeah ... let me knows when it drops. if it ever does. funny thing is, I'll never play NCAA 12 again. Madden 12 isn't perfect, but it's night & day from NCAA.

oweb26
09-01-2011, 03:37 PM
The man does have a point, so don't take his joy.

morsdraconis
09-01-2011, 04:13 PM
The man does have a point, so don't take his joy.

He was bitching about the dumb ass LB leaping shit. I'm talking about something that's for real.

cdj
09-01-2011, 07:24 PM
I've moved all discussion regarding servers and online play to this thread (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?3509-What-s-up-with-EA-s-servers&goto=newpost).

keyser soze
09-02-2011, 08:51 AM
server back up... no patch... DOH!

I OU a Beatn
09-02-2011, 10:02 AM
He was bitching about the dumb ass LB leaping shit. I'm talking about something that's for real.

I've posted multiple videos and images about the BS low trajectory. Some people call it LB super jump, which is wrong, but whatever...it's the same thing. It's definitely real and it's a huge issue. The really stupid thing is that the trajectory is damn near perfect in Madden. I have no doubt it'll be corrected next year, but it was still a pretty odd mess up considering it seemed fine last year.

GatorBait06NC
09-04-2011, 08:15 PM
When they said "before the end of the month" did they specify exactly which month they were speaking of? lol

GatorBait06NC
09-04-2011, 08:20 PM
ya , this is nuts, i'm a patient person , but this is rediculous, I Also play madden and import the draft classes for it from NCAA . Being that Madden moved the import draft classes up from the end of the season to right after the pre-season games. this is really holding both games up for me. Its kewl how madden does have the draft classes early to scout during the season, but in doing so, you have to stay a whole season ahead of madden to do this, which isn't kewl .

I dont think the tendencies are going to matter at all as far as draft classes go. Their tendency being flip flopped shouldnt affect the players once they are imported into Madden. Which is why i'm going to spend whats left of the weekend working on some good draft classes for Madden. The ability to edit everything about the players mid season and imported classes better reflecting overalls from NCAA, should make for some good classes.

Ive noticed that Western Kentucky isnt a college choice in Madden. So if you get your draft class info from the web and want to incorporate D-2 players in your classes, just create that player for Western KY and they will import into Madden with N/A as their college. Just change it to their real college once they are drafted.

Just some ideas while we wait....