PDA

View Full Version : Coaching Carousel ?s: What if I want to see all offers? Why does Security drop?

Dr Death
07-31-2011, 10:11 PM
I've been the OC at :Idaho: for 1+ seasons now. I re-figured the WAC and have 12 teams in it and last year we won the WAC Championship and then beat Maryland in the Orange Bowl. Both wins were late, last second come-from-behind wins.

My offense was #1 overall for the season and offers for OC came in from mid-major schools like :Baylor: and HC offers from :Arkansas_State: and :FAU:. I turned all offers down. Now, in my second year we are 7-1 and ranked # 22.

My question is this... after the year, offers will come in. Probably first from :Idaho: but what happens if I want to see the market? I have two Dream Jobs... one is HC at :Texas_Tech: and the other is OC at :SMU:. I also would like to be HC at :Idaho: and since we are currently 18-4 since my arrival, there's the hope that some dumb-ass team will lure the HC away.

So... if I turn :Idaho: down on a renewal or new contract, will they immediately go hire a new OC or will they wait to see what happens w/ me? Is there a way for me to say... "Hold that for two weeks while I think about it..."

Also... say my two dream jobs end up turning their season's around and their coaches are safe at year's end and I accept the :Idaho: offer... then what if our HC leaves? Will they just hire a new HC or will I be in consideration even though I just signed as OC?

Any and all help will be much appreciated.

jaymo76
08-01-2011, 12:57 AM
If you don't accept the job but look for other offers your Idaho job should come up during carousel. I suspect you will be the number one choice. However, once you accept a job during carousel, you are out for any other options.

BaylorBearBryant
08-03-2011, 01:44 AM
Ya, I think jaymo's right.

Dr Death
08-03-2011, 02:51 AM
I actually found out... I was able to "view" the :Idaho: offer while I still waited for :SMU: to have an opening, which they did. They are my alma mater and yet, they declined me, saying they were going in another direction. So I scheduled them week one of season 3 and kicked their ass. Here's what I don't get... I initially had a 2 year contract w/ :Idaho: and exceeded all "goals" except the one for rushing... :D

Anyway... #1 offense each year, won the Orange Bowl and the Fiesta Bowl and the WAC Championship both years. Yet :Idaho: only offered me a 1 year deal and... AND... I went from a B rated coach w/ 100% job security to 45% w/ the new contract???

So what happened w/ my first two years? It's like they never happened! We are currently 3-0 and ranked #8 after beating :Stanford: and :Georgia: both on the road. I just don't understand how a new contract could take me from 100% back down to 45%???

oweb26
08-03-2011, 07:50 AM
Your job security resets with each new contract. I am on my third contract, and with each on it will reset, mostly due to your goals are suppose to get harder. Whether they do or not is up for debate.

PDuncanOSU
08-03-2011, 07:51 AM
I actually found out... I was able to "view" the :Idaho: offer while I still waited for :SMU: to have an opening, which they did. They are my alma mater and yet, they declined me, saying they were going in another direction. So I scheduled them week one of season 3 and kicked their ass. Here's what I don't get... I initially had a 2 year contract w/ :Idaho: and exceeded all "goals" except the one for rushing... :D

Anyway... #1 offense each year, won the Orange Bowl and the Fiesta Bowl and the WAC Championship both years. Yet :Idaho: only offered me a 1 year deal and... AND... I went from a B rated coach w/ 100% job security to 45% w/ the new contract???

So what happened w/ my first two years? It's like they never happened! We are currently 3-0 and ranked #8 after beating :Stanford: and :Georgia: both on the road. I just don't understand how a new contract could take me from 100% back down to 45%???

I'm surprised you didn't get the SMU offer since they were your alma mater, you have a B prestige, and sounds like you run an offense similar to what they have. Who did they end up hiring? Did he have a higher prestige than you?
About your contract, did you end up signing an extension w/ :Idaho: or did you decline the extension then sign a new contract. It seems like all new contracts start in the 40-50% range and the game must not recognize that you were there before. This sounds like something that should be corrected for the carousel in '13 or in a patch if possible.

griffin2608
08-03-2011, 12:44 PM
If you dont have a A+ it's hard to get a offer. I started off as the HC of temple. I had my presteige at b+ and was offered the HC job at Syracuse. I took the job and in my final year I went 9-3 and won the big east and the orange bowl. My first year under the new extension I had only 1 senior and went 5-7 and failed some goals. After that season I went from a A+ to a D! and was on the hot seat the remainder of the 4 year contract despite 6 winning seasons in 7 years after su was 1-11 when I took the job. Well I saved it before I moved on to the cc and was fired the only offer I got was from vandy so I took it and the highest rated player on their roster was a 71 so I restarted from my last save and the second time su offered me an extension. The prestigue is a very hard drawn thing and the CPU doesn't take your past performance into consideration. I was the 12th winningest coach in college football and it was like I was a virus after one loosing season. This is after a 10-1 season, 2nd big east champion ship and a rose bowl birth then I was fired. That and the coordinators who are all A+ get the offers before you will as a head coach. I hope next year the CPU is a little more dynamic when choosing coaches and the coordinators should take a hit when being considered for jobs with no HC experience.

Dr Death
08-03-2011, 01:06 PM
I'm surprised you didn't get the SMU offer since they were your alma mater, you have a B prestige, and sounds like you run an offense similar to what they have. Who did they end up hiring? Did he have a higher prestige than you?
About your contract, did you end up signing an extension w/ :Idaho: or did you decline the extension then sign a new contract. It seems like all new contracts start in the 40-50% range and the game must not recognize that you were there before. This sounds like something that should be corrected for the carousel in '13 or in a patch if possible.

They ended up hiring some OC who runs an Air Raid offense. I can't recall his name, but they're real coaches so it wouldn't be too difficult for me to find out. As far as my contract, :Idaho: presented me w/ an extension that was for 1 year and had the following goals:

Win 4 games
Win 8 games
Throw for 10+ TD passes
Throw for 20+ TD passes
Complete 60% of passes
Run for 1,500+ yards
Win rivalry games

I found out, the hard way, that your contract is tied into your playbook. I began w/ a R&S playbook as my base, but later amended that to :UTEP: playbook since they have the 5-Wide under center that I love so much. I should have just added it to the R&S playbook, but I created a new one and :UTEP: is a "One Back" offense.

My initial contract called for 500 rushing yards for the season. I had 178. Dead last of all 120 teams, but my offense was still # 1 overall. This new deal calls for 1,500 yards on the ground and I won't ever get that. Especially since QB sacks go against rushing totals, which is complete BS.

In the :Georgia: game I was sacked 8 times for -63 yards. I had to fight from behind all game and beat them in OT in what was a great and fun game. I've already hit one goal and will easily hit all other goals except for the rushing yards. This is where they need to make the contracts reflective of a person's style. I realize I am in the very small minority as most people mix running and passing up, but my contract should not include rushing yards at all as I pass 99% of the time.

I rearranged the Big XII and :SMU: is in that conference now, and my team is now in the PAC-16. I made it a Super Conference adding 4 more teams. I disagree w/ EA that a coach returning to his school should start over at 45% security when his history there is above and beyond what was previously expected. That would be like Joe Paterno signing a new deal this summer and going back to 45% security... which would never happen.

steelerfan
08-04-2011, 12:05 PM
In the NCAA, sacks do count against rushing totals.

In the NFL, they go against Net Passing.

Just to make sure you understand that it's not a flaw in the game, it's the way it really is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

steelerfan
08-04-2011, 12:09 PM
Also, I understand where you're coming from, but if your goals were tailored for you, and your security didn't reset, you'd never be in trouble. You may as well play without contracts if that's the way it was.

Dr Death
08-04-2011, 02:16 PM
In the NCAA, sacks do count against rushing totals.

In the NFL, they go against Net Passing.

Just to make sure you understand that it's not a flaw in the game, it's the way it really is.

I know this, I still think it's BS though.