PDA

View Full Version : Online people who quit

gigemaggs99
07-31-2011, 05:48 PM
I must get something off my chest.

I'm the gimp I guess, I'm getting my butt kicked online in the lobby. I don't mind, I'm learning and I keep trying....

That said, I've met a few players through the lobby who I THOUGHT were straight sim style players.

Everytime I logged on they would attack me like a wounded fawn. They use the Leaderboard invite friend to "RANKED GAME" so they can improve their record beating up on me. Do they let up, HELL NO, it's ranked so they keep the hammer down. :deadhorse:

It's kinda nice have a crappy record b/c as soon as I turn my PS3 on I get all these "game?" "wanna play?" messages...:dunno:

I always say YES SIR :nod:

Well I'm getting better :) I've played this one guy 4 times, he has beat me every single time, by a lot. I pick my AGGIES he takes FSU. Well this time, I worked my magic...the magic I learned from breaking down my PB.

I was up 24-3 in the 3rd quarter, I'd been running the ball down his throats, I mean Streptococcus LIKE all I did was POUND the ROCK like a freak show, well magically the connection was lost to my opponent. At first I didn't think much of it, but then I checked my friends list and he was gone from there too. :fp:

He not only quit the game he removed me from his friends list.

ARE YOU SERIOUS? After he beats me 4 times in a row like a rented mule :deadhorse:
Then 1 time I'm up on him in the 3rd quarter and he quits and deletes me?

WHAT A JOKE! :bang:

Nobody said winning would be easy :clap:

bdoughty
07-31-2011, 06:04 PM
That and a million other reasons are why I never play online.

The CPU will not quit on you.
The CPU will not run the same three plays over and over.
The CPU does not curse and force me to remove a headset I never had on in the first place.
The CPU even let's me tweak it's abilities to get better games.
The CPU will actually play with teams not in the top 25.

I OU a Beatn
07-31-2011, 07:05 PM
That and a million other reasons are why I never play online.

The CPU will not quit on you.
The CPU will not run the same three plays over and over.
The CPU does not curse and force me to remove a headset I never had on in the first place.
The CPU even let's me tweak it's abilities to get better games.
The CPU will actually play with teams not in the top 25.

If you have one million reasons to not play online, I have five million reasons to not play against the CPU.

gigemaggs99
07-31-2011, 07:25 PM
I enjoy playing online and offline. True the CPU never quits. I do wish there was a way to continue vs the CPU. Maybe it was Madden or something else but I thought you had that option on NCAA?

I'm just saying, I have a 0 DNF %, I take my beatings. I think my record is something like 4-10.

I OU a Beatn
07-31-2011, 08:34 PM
You used to have that option. I can't remember if it's been that way on any of this generation's games, but it was always an option on PS2.

TheRezyReb
07-31-2011, 10:47 PM
I quit today!!! I didnt make pb adjustments and was using and unfamilar team... was getting drilled by cheezy Bamma guy, I finaly just gave up and let the score get high enough to concede.. he denied so i quit. The pm's began, calling me garbage blah blah blah... I told him the mistake I had made and said I'd gladly play agian! We did, he was destroyed!!!!

Oh yea it was TEXAS vs BAMMA this time(my normal online team) I use them because it's a solid B+ team, well rounded. I'll sometimes play with USC or Ole Miss depending on the other guy.
With this win, I moved to level 8 and ranking 1023.

gigemaggs99
07-31-2011, 11:33 PM
I quit today!!! I didnt make pb adjustments and was using and unfamilar team... was getting drilled by cheezy Bamma guy, I finaly just gave up and let the score get high enough to concede.. he denied so i quit. The pm's began, calling me garbage blah blah blah... I told him the mistake I had made and said I'd gladly play agian! We did, he was destroyed!!!!

Oh yea it was TEXAS vs BAMMA this time(my normal online team) I use them because it's a solid B+ team, well rounded. I'll sometimes play with USC or Ole Miss depending on the other guy.
With this win, I moved to level 8 and ranking 1023.

I wish I could get some good 1 * online games. Everyone seems to want to be top 25 teams.

ram29jackson
07-31-2011, 11:54 PM
I enjoy playing online and offline. True the CPU never quits. I do wish there was a way to continue vs the CPU. Maybe it was Madden or something else but I thought you had that option on NCAA?

I'm just saying, I have a 0 DNF %, I take my beatings. I think my record is something like 4-10.

there is, I did play the cpu after a guy quit a couple weeks ago..but it was unranked,maybe thats why, but i'm sure guys know how to disconnect so you dont get the chance.

I'll play you- I'll use Eastern Michigan. I dont care who or what as far as teams go.

gigemaggs99
08-01-2011, 01:40 PM
there is, I did play the cpu after a guy quit a couple weeks ago..but it was unranked,maybe thats why, but i'm sure guys know how to disconnect so you dont get the chance.

I'll play you- I'll use Eastern Michigan. I dont care who or what as far as teams go.

Ok, COOL! I'll send you a friend request. Thank you sir. Don't expect too much, I just enjoy playing.

On a side note, I'm wondering why running no-huddle is frowned upon? Why it considered cheese? Texas A&M in real life likes to run 70+ plays per game, if not closer to 100.

I was watching Rice vs Baylor today on CSTV, they have been showing a lot of games from last season, well Rice runs no-huddle from the 1st quarter on. They rarely sub players in or out. So why is it considered cheese if you do it on a video game? Baylor did what anyone else would have to do, they called a Timeout on Defense to sub/rest their players.

ram29jackson
08-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Ok, COOL! I'll send you a friend request. Thank you sir. Don't expect too much, I just enjoy playing.

On a side note, I'm wondering why running no-huddle is frowned upon? Why it considered cheese? Texas A&M in real life likes to run 70+ plays per game, if not closer to 100.

I was watching Rice vs Baylor today on CSTV, they have been showing a lot of games from last season, well Rice runs no-huddle from the 1st quarter on. They rarely sub players in or out. So why is it considered cheese if you do it on a video game? Baylor did what anyone else would have to do, they called a Timeout on Defense to sub/rest their players.

only children defend no huddle or hurry up not being cheese. Video game hurry up has nothing to do with real life. for the most part online people using hurry up is an impatient excuse for trying to gain an advantage. I only want adrenaline rushes in real life where I need them, not in front of my tv screen with some dumb kid who doesnt want to play defense if he can avoid it. in real life, a team knows a week ahead that the other team uses the hurry up or what ever you want to call it and plan against it. If i'm playing you for first time only I have no clue what the hell youre doing . If you play someone for the first time you dont know and didnt tell them you were doing hurry up, it means you are looking to screw someone with it .

novadolla
08-01-2011, 04:10 PM
I have never quit a game online even through all the pump fake glitching that went on last year before the patch, no matter how much i am down by. I find that i get better taking the beatings because it gets to the point where you start not caring and calling plays and making adjustments that you might not do in a close game. I also always try to use a team that is lower ranked than my opponent.

Also NCAA 11 was the first year that they started not allowing you to finish games against the CPU

hitman625
08-01-2011, 06:52 PM
I played against a guy in my OD the other night, who ran no huddle the entire game! We was going for it on 4th and long and getting it pretty regurlarly in the first qtr and a half. After that I figured him out and DESTROYED him. He ended up w/ 6 picks and a fumble returned to the house. He kept calling me a cheater, but all I did was switch to zone when he no huddled b/c he just audibling his slot WR to an out.

TheRezyReb
08-01-2011, 07:13 PM
only children defend no huddle or hurry up not being cheese. Video game hurry up has nothing to do with real life. for the most part online people using hurry up is an impatient excuse for trying to gain an advantage. I only want adrenaline rushes in real life where I need them, not in front of my tv screen with some dumb kid who doesnt want to play defense if he can avoid it. in real life, a team knows a week ahead that the other team uses the hurry up or what ever you want to call it and plan against it. If i'm playing you for first time only I have no clue what the hell youre doing . If you play someone for the first time you dont know and didnt tell them you were doing hurry up, it means you are looking to screw someone with it .

I agree and disagree hahah!!! If you are running a hurry up spread type offense, I don't consider this to be to cheezy, on the other hand if you are running the option or power run game I do think it is cheez... Guess what I'm saying is I like it to be as sim as possible - ea has made it to where we can run a hurry up and choose more than 3 THREE fn plays in an atempt to mimic Oregon, Teaxs Tech, A&m.........! I don't use it unless I'm down late in the game, but I do have D packages that work really well vs's it... I like to call the HURRY UP AND LOOOOOOOSSSSEEEE haha

gigemaggs99
08-01-2011, 08:07 PM

hmm, I don't consider myself a child...I don't consider hurry as cheese either. When I play the CPU it runs no huddle all the time, I don't think it's trying to cheat me, or cheese me. I was just saying that teams run no-huddle in real life.

The argument of using it the first time you play someone, well isn't that the same as saying, the first time you play someone you shouldn't use your scheme's? You shouldn't use your gameplan? You should just pick random plays until they are comfortable and then once you know them, then you play your game?

I play people that use goalline all the time. Do I think it's cheese, heck yeah, but can I stop it, well sometimes and I can sure as heck try. When someone runs no-huddle on me I take it as a challenge to stop it, can I every time? No, but that doesn't stop me from trying.

Maybe I'm warped from watching Houston play in real life, the announcers even make a big deal about how they try and snap the ball 20 seconds or less after the previous play. It's like the whistle blows to end one play and O-line is sprinting to get set for the next play. Does Houston go undefeated, NO, but they do run the hurry-up no huddle like a freak show. Why it considered cheese if it's on a video game?

Also, when I run hurry up no huddle I still use multiple plays, is it my fault that I'm learning my playbook and the other guy hasn't learned his defensive playbook? I hope not...but then again, maybe only children "hope".

TheRezyReb
08-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Well said! I like the challenge of playing vs the hurry up if its done right. Now when I refer to cheezy no huddle, it's the idiots that TRY to exploit the game with no huddle goalline toss counter crap the whole game. Once u call a timeout and correct you deffense or adjust you audibles and shut them down, they usualy quit haha

gigemaggs99
08-01-2011, 09:33 PM
I must say, it goes both ways though. I just played a guy, random ranked match game. He comes on as UCON so I'm like COOL, and I pick Virgina. Then go switches teams and takes Boise St. I figure what the heck.

So he smashes me all over the field and wins 52-3. Which is fine, I know I'm not going to win every game but the problem I had was how he did it. He did an onside kick EVERYTIME got it 1/2 the time. Ran back 2 punts, not sure how that was possible other than Boise St's returner is MUCH faster than any Virigian SP team player. Then when he was way up with less than 1 min to go in the 4th I messaged him and told him good game, then started taking QB knees, he used all 3 time outs to stop the clock and get the ball back, then went onto 5 wide and no-huddle to score again...guess some people have no class.

SmoothPancakes
08-01-2011, 09:53 PM
I must say, it goes both ways though. I just played a guy, random ranked match game. He comes on as UCON so I'm like COOL, and I pick Virgina. Then go switches teams and takes Boise St. I figure what the heck.

So he smashes me all over the field and wins 52-3. Which is fine, I know I'm not going to win every game but the problem I had was how he did it. He did an onside kick EVERYTIME got it 1/2 the time. Ran back 2 punts, not sure how that was possible other than Boise St's returner is MUCH faster than any Virigian SP team player. Then when he was way up with less than 1 min to go in the 4th I messaged him and told him good game, then started taking QB knees, he used all 3 time outs to stop the clock and get the ball back, then went onto 5 wide and no-huddle to score again...guess some people have no class.

And fuckoffs like that guy are the exact reason I refuse to play online games against ANYONE who is either not a longtime member on here, or is not in an OD with me (like the coach mode OD). Any of those randoms, they can go suck on Satan's nuts as far as I'm concerned.

HWill
08-01-2011, 11:17 PM
And fuckoffs like that guy are the exact reason I refuse to play online games against ANYONE who is either not a longtime member on here, or is not in an OD with me (like the coach mode OD). Any of those randoms, they can go suck on Satan's nuts as far as I'm concerned.

:+1:

ram29jackson
08-02-2011, 02:12 AM
hmm, I don't consider myself a child...I don't consider hurry as cheese either. When I play the CPU it runs no huddle all the time, I don't think it's trying to cheat me, or cheese me. I was just saying that teams run no-huddle in real life.

The argument of using it the first time you play someone, well isn't that the same as saying, the first time you play someone you shouldn't use your scheme's? You shouldn't use your gameplan? You should just pick random plays until they are comfortable and then once you know them, then you play your game?

I play people that use goalline all the time. Do I think it's cheese, heck yeah, but can I stop it, well sometimes and I can sure as heck try. When someone runs no-huddle on me I take it as a challenge to stop it, can I every time? No, but that doesn't stop me from trying.

Maybe I'm warped from watching Houston play in real life, the announcers even make a big deal about how they try and snap the ball 20 seconds or less after the previous play. It's like the whistle blows to end one play and O-line is sprinting to get set for the next play. Does Houston go undefeated, NO, but they do run the hurry-up no huddle like a freak show. Why it considered cheese if it's on a video game?

Also, when I run hurry up no huddle I still use multiple plays, is it my fault that I'm learning my playbook and the other guy hasn't learned his defensive playbook? I hope not...but then again, maybe only children "hope".

All i'm saying is the first game is a get to know you game if you want a friends list of guys who play straight. You dont unleash what you might consider your beast until each knows you arent out for blood and this is just the way I want to play.

and you cant defend kids who use goaline all day, thats just dumb lol. I dont care if you can or cant stop it. Its just not right lol