PDA

View Full Version : PS3 playcall sheet idea

gigemaggs99
07-30-2011, 11:06 PM
So I've been working on breaking down my PB. I wasn't sure where to start but the playcall sheet seen here gave me an idea of where to start:

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?3101-XBOX-360-Play-Call-Sheet-Excel-GoogleDoc

I've read that I should start with a few formations and only a handful of plays, then slowly build from there.

So I went through the Texas AGGIE PB and mapped out all the R-Stick Audibles for every formation. Then I will NOT call any of those 4 plays from each formation as they will always been an option. (this helps to cut down on the play calling and helps speed up the process)

I also made my 5 audibles from 5 different formations. Those 5 formations will VERY RARELY be called at the playcall menu. However, once I'm on the field if I need to audible to one of those formations, I can and will basically have 5 plays to pick from each formation.

Here is an example, say I call from the playcall menu:
Strong I Normal
POWER O
From here I can call using the formation audibles: Slants, Double Go's, PA Post or HB DIVE

I can also use a regular Audible I-FORM Close/BLAST which then gives me 4 more options: Spacing, Verticals, PA POST, or HB Sweep

I figure once I get these down then I can slowly start calling the other plays.

Basically this helps me not call a quick audible play from any formation and it helps me get into those other formations to access the quick audibles if necessary.

Either way in the end I'm sure I'm going to have to learn all the reads but atleast this gives me a good starting point.

Next I'm going to work on fillout out my Situational Callsheet.

JeffHCross
07-31-2011, 11:04 AM
Looks like a good start! I think learning the formation audibles is one of the barriers that can turn a "good" player into a "great" player, just because of the strategic calls it opens up. I find myself often making the mistake of calling HB Dive (when that's the formation audible) at the play call screen. Then when I get the line I realize that the defense is tailor-made to cover up the middle, and wish I had a stretch play available. If I was smart, I'd call the Stretch (even though what I really want to run is the Dive), and then have that available as the "Original" audible once I get to the line.

gigemaggs99
07-31-2011, 12:34 PM
Looks like a good start! I think learning the formation audibles is one of the barriers that can turn a "good" player into a "great" player, just because of the strategic calls it opens up. I find myself often making the mistake of calling HB Dive (when that's the formation audible) at the play call screen. Then when I get the line I realize that the defense is tailor-made to cover up the middle, and wish I had a stretch play available. If I was smart, I'd call the Stretch (even though what I really want to run is the Dive), and then have that available as the "Original" audible once I get to the line.

Yes sir that's what I'm trying to do, limit my play call time at the playcall menu, which should give me more time to read the defense presnap, and then audible if necessary. However like you, last night when I tried it out I still called the HB Dive a few times from ACE BIG, then go to the LOS and was like DAMN! Oh well, still a work in progress.

I did get a good start on my "situational sheet" though :-)