PDA

View Full Version : Throwing the ball away issue...

FoleyLions
07-29-2011, 11:19 AM
I give up an average 3 sacks per game because the QB decides to take forever to throw the ball away, the worst is if your on the left half of the field with a right handed QB rolling to the right, it does some stupid animation where he does a 360 turn and throws it to the left sideline. Once you cross to the right side of the field in the roll out he'll throw it away no problem but the problem comes when your QB is on the opposite side of the field of his throwing arm rolling to the side of his throwing arm but hasn't crossed the MOF. I've done some testing and I guess EA splits the field in half and when pressing the throw away button it can only throw the ball away to that side of the field no matter if your rolling or facing the opposite side of the field. Last years version did not have this problem, whenever you pressed throw away it threw it away but this year the QB goes into an animation of getting his feet set and trying to throw a perfect pass when all I want him is to sling it out of bounds as quick as possible. It gets annoying because PA Rollouts are a big part of my offense and when the D gets pressure its a pretty much guaranteed sack/saftey/fumble. :fp: I was hoping someone here with the contacts could get this turned in because i wouldn't think it'd be that hard for them to takeout the spin throw crap and speed it up instead of the QB worrying about his footwork. And with a slow pocket passer its terrible because I cant get across MOF fast enough to throw it away.

Thanks.

EDIT: just an idea, if the could have it where wherever the left stick is pointed to thats the side it'll throw it away (kinda like a really overpowered WR Lead that we use when regularly passing)

Lord Marshall X
07-29-2011, 07:13 PM
Oh yeah thats been in since the demo. . . . ridiculous.

cjg225
07-31-2011, 02:36 PM
My problem with throwing the ball away is that I do it too often. I don't know what it is, but despite knowing that receivers are L1 and that R1 is "throw away," I constantly hit R1 instead of L1 when I want to toss it to the L1 receiver. I cannot even count how many times I've hit R1 and immediately said, "SHIT! I DID IT AGAIN!" lol

My other problem is not hitting R1 when I SHOULD and firing a ball into coverage because I don't want to take a sack. lol