PDA

View Full Version : Issues in OD: Freezes, Injuries, 4* Ratings

Lord Marshall X
07-28-2011, 11:52 PM
I'm sorry but in our online dynasty mode we have come to the realization that they do not test this mode it has to many bugs, glitches, and foolishness.

Did you know that injuries only last one week?

Why are people not able to get into the online dynasty mode for days at a time.

Why is there freezing in the middle of games

How did the not find the playbook bug?

How can they not see that LB's line up on WR's if someone gets in twins formation?

How can they not see that a 5 star DE is not 6'4" 192 lbs?

Here is a recruit from my Online Dynasty WHY DOES HE EXIST!!!!

Drew Miles

6'4" 236
ATHLETE

4 stars

Speed D-
Accelerations D-
Agility D-
Awareness C-
Strength D-
Stamina B
Injury B+
Play Recognition D-
Break Tackle D-
Throw Power C+
Hit Power D-
Catching D-
Catching in Traffic D-
Route Running D-
Pass Block D-
Run Block D-
Zone Coverage F
Man Coverage F
Block Shedding F
Tackle D-
Pursuit D-
BC Vision D-

THIS GUY IS AWFUL!
How is this guy even created? Why is he an athlete?

We found these problems in our FIRST SEASON!!!! Come on Man.
People find these problems in less than a week of playing how do they miss it in testing . . . they don't test it . . . they don't care to. I love this game but why are we still playing a beta version of the dynasty mode. Have they not made enough money from dynasty accelerators to play for a group of guys to test this mode?

morsdraconis
07-28-2011, 11:57 PM
:fp:

umhester04
07-29-2011, 12:59 AM
Im gonna have to agree that they have a big number of fixes for these next patches.

steelerfan
07-29-2011, 01:24 AM
The only one of these I've personally experienced is the injury one. EA is aware of it. I'd expect it to be addressed in the patch.

I'm guessing that "Drew Miles" is a.Pocket Passer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

souljahbill
07-29-2011, 06:31 AM
I know, right? They didn't test the game at all. They said, "We're done," put it on a disc, and shipped it.

/sarcasm

Does the game have flaws? Yes. But to say the game wasn't tested is asinine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pig Bomb
07-29-2011, 07:05 AM
I beleive that EA DID TEST and knew about all these bugs but they released the game anyway, due to the deadline.

I used to think they did not test but over the years as I have learned more about the studio its apparent they do test, and they do release games with known bugs.

While these are all issues you mentioned they are not game-busters, the game still plays [doesn't crash all the time] and many casual users wouldn't even notice some of this stuff.

So EA releases the game and will patch what they can as soon as they can.

JBHuskers
07-29-2011, 07:56 AM
I know, right? They didn't test the game at all. They said, "We're done," put it on a disc, and shipped it.

/sarcasm

Does the game have flaws? Yes. But to say the game wasn't tested is asinine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:+1:

psusnoop
07-29-2011, 08:00 AM
I'm sorry but in our online dynasty mode we have come to the realization that they do not test this mode it has to many bugs, glitches, and foolishness.

How can they not see that LB's line up on WR's if someone gets in twins formation?

Drew Miles

6'4" 236
ATHLETE

4 stars

Speed D-
Accelerations D-
Agility D-
Awareness C-
Strength D-
Stamina B
Injury B+
Play Recognition D-
Break Tackle D-
Throw Power C+
Hit Power D-
Catching D-
Catching in Traffic D-
Route Running D-
Pass Block D-
Run Block D-
Zone Coverage F
Man Coverage F
Block Shedding F
Tackle D-
Pursuit D-
BC Vision D-

THIS GUY IS AWFUL!
How is this guy even created? Why is he an athlete?

People find these problems in less than a week of playing how do they miss it in testing . . . they don't test it . . . they don't care to. I love this game but why are we still playing a beta version of the dynasty mode. Have they not made enough money from dynasty accelerators to play for a group of guys to test this mode?

Drew Miles would start for Marshall I think this year. :D:D:D

Oh it's going to be a long year with the Herd in Powerhouse :smh:

Lord Marshall X
07-29-2011, 08:04 AM
There is no excuse for any of these old bugs from last years game. The online dynasty is rife with them. Every week when we advance we expect the dynasty to crash. We are terrified of the offseason. We had to turn off coaching contracts because it literally will stop you from advancing the week. But that is new so I give them a pass. I should see no bugs from last year. The online dynasty mode was a beta version last year it should not be that way this year.

hawkeyeguy
07-29-2011, 08:18 AM
If they did test it but still shipped it due to the deadline than it's time to move the deadline later in to July and get their shit together.

Pig Bomb
07-29-2011, 08:22 AM
If they did test it but still shipped it due to the deadline than it's time to move the deadline later in to July and get their shit together.

Unfortunately they wont move the release date closer to Madden's because it will lose NCAA some sales...there is a large group of buyers that purchases NCAA to "get their football fix" until Madden comes out. they also have to consider the release date of all the other sports games they make...fall is a busy time with NHL & FIFA etc.
Many people buy all or multiple sportsd titles so they have to be spread out to keep people from having to chose one based on their budget.

JBHuskers
07-29-2011, 08:26 AM
On the PS3 side it is very possible that problems exist. They had NO ability to test any online capabilities while the PSN was down.

I like many people on this forum agree there are a lot of problems, but also we are getting very tired of threads created making assumptions and falsehoods.

My advice, just BE PATIENT.

keyser soze
07-29-2011, 08:29 AM
Look at the bright side, Drew Miles will likely never get hurt with that high injury rating and horrible attributes. You can count on him to play GUARD, END and TACKLE every game of his college career! He will GUARD the water bucket at the END of the bench and TACKLE anyone who gets close to it!

The FREEZES in the dynasty are the worst IMO.

psusnoop
07-29-2011, 08:30 AM
I agree JB :+1:

hawkeyeguy
07-29-2011, 08:44 AM
Unfortunately they wont move the release date closer to Madden's because it will lose NCAA some sales...there is a large group of buyers that purchases NCAA to "get their football fix" until Madden comes out. they also have to consider the release date of all the other sports games they make...fall is a busy time with NHL & FIFA etc.
Many people buy all or multiple sportsd titles so they have to be spread out to keep people from having to chose one based on their budget.

While I understand what you are saying that is just foolish. You don't ship a product that doesn't work just because you are afraid of sales due to another title, that's just silly. Get the product done correctly or eventually your sales will take a hit.

Deuce
07-29-2011, 08:46 AM
I've said this in another thread but I'll say it again. There is NO way EA could find ALL these bugs. It has taken 7-10 days for 1000's of people to find these flaws and I still have not seen any of them. Only thing I've noticed is the crowd noise and stadium sounds. Still not one freeze in over 50 games.

JBHuskers
07-29-2011, 08:48 AM
I've said this in another thread but I'll say it again. There is NO way EA could find ALL these bugs. It has taken 7-10 days for 1000's of people to find these flaws and I still have not seen any of them. Only thing I've noticed is the crowd noise and stadium sounds. Still not one freeze in over 50 games.

baseballplyrmvp
07-29-2011, 08:53 AM
While I understand what you are saying that is just foolish. You don't ship a product that doesn't work just because you are afraid of sales due to another title, that's just silly. Get the product done correctly or eventually your sales will take a hit.

but the game does work...quite well actually, for me anyways. i've only had it frozen on me twice. this issue doesnt cause the game to crash, and its a minor issue at best. its just another tweak to the recruit creator engine/whatever its called.

look at it this way, that guy must have a potential rating which is through the roof, in order to be rated as a 4*.

hawkeyeguy
07-29-2011, 08:56 AM
but the game does work...quite well actually, for me anyways. i've only had it frozen on me twice. this issue doesnt cause the game to crash, and its a minor issue at best. its just another tweak to the recruit creator engine/whatever its called.

look at it this way, that guy must have a potential rating which is through the roof, in order to be rated as a 4*.

It's great that it's working well for you but from the number of threads out there on the web it is not a 100% complete game and EA should be embarrassed.

cdj
07-29-2011, 08:59 AM

That's a bad one. EA is aware and hopefully it will be addressed either server side or in a future game update.

I've heard of advance issues, but what is this one exactly? Are they able to eventually get in?

A bad issue as well, hopefully patch two ends the freezes, crashes, and lock-ups. Those are far and away the worst issue in the game right now.

Not sure. They removed bugs from CP in pre-release, but apparently there's too many moving parts in this feature to catch them all. It sucks, but hopefully patch two fixes this as well. To be fair, there are a lot of people who haven't run into it yet despite excessive formation & play edits. It has to be tough to find a bug when there's not one universal and simple cause to it.

What formation and play are you seeing this with? (O & D)

Definitely annoying, but I don't think it has anything to do with testing and more with just the design/implementation. (There are a handful of top DE recruits currently IRL who are light in weight: 205, 210, 215. I do agree that it should be addressed in the future and we've passed that feedback on.)

Is this a question or statement?! ;)

What were his ratings like after four years of college?

IRL, this might be a guy who put up huge numbers in a low level of HS football or in a low talent state. Rated high based on numbers, but may not be that great overall....may develop or could be a bust.

They test it. I'll be honest - claiming they don't test it at all is a silly claim that wipes out any and every valid point you brought up. I've played NCAA Football early....if you want a game with real bugs, we can ask if they'll sell or ship that version to the public. :D Now, could they use better or more testing? Absolutely, 100%....EA and every game company would probably say the same thing. However, they aren't exactly rolling in money like people assume. Salaries, overhead, development costs, licensing issues, lawsuits, etc. all cost (a lot of) money.

hawkeyeguy
07-29-2011, 09:04 AM
While I agree with your points cdj, even you can admit that selling a game that has this many bugs is silly. Businesses go out of business everyday for this kind of practice. Can you imagine a car company selling a car where the brakes work 50% of the time? Just saying.

baseballplyrmvp
07-29-2011, 09:08 AM
It's great that it's working well for you but from the number of threads out there on the web it is not a 100% complete game and EA should be embarrassed.

but has the game ever been complete? what makes this year any different from any other year? every year there's hundreds of people complaining about something.

cdj
07-29-2011, 09:09 AM
While I agree with your points cdj, even you can admit that selling a game that has this many bugs is silly. Businesses go out of business everyday for this kind of practice. Can you imagine a car company selling a car where the brakes work 50% of the time? Just saying.

I agree, there seems to be some sort of issue in almost every game mode. Though, as bad as some issues are, there are still lots of people who have yet to run into or notice them. Not saying that invalidates the issues (far from it), but most are not "game-breakers." I'd put the freezes & crashes and OD advance in that category and the CP bug on the fringe since it isn't happening 100%. Those are definitely the Holy Trinity of fixes that need in ASAP. When people cannot play or utilize a feature, that's got to take priority.

psusnoop
07-29-2011, 09:09 AM
nevermind

hawkeyeguy
07-29-2011, 09:15 AM
I agree, there seems to be some sort of issue in almost every game mode. Though, as bad as some issues are, there are still lots of people who have yet to run into or notice them. Not saying that invalidates the issues (far from it), but most are not "game-breakers." I'd put the freezes & crashes and OD advance in that category and the CP bug on the fringe since it isn't happening 100%. Those are definitely the Holy Trinity of fixes that need in ASAP. When people cannot play or utilize a feature, that's got to take priority.

Where would you put the roster edit glitch?

cdj
07-29-2011, 09:26 AM
Where would you put the roster edit glitch?

IMO, it's not as big as the other issues since you can still play the game as-is. Freezes, lock-ups, crashes, OD advancement don't allow that. If it effects gameplay, then it needs addressed, but I believe OS has already confirmed game update #2 will have a fix for it.

hawkeyeguy
07-29-2011, 09:33 AM
But why the long wait in hearing from EA about an update? Isn't that a little scary.

morsdraconis
07-29-2011, 10:24 AM
But why the long wait in hearing from EA about an update? Isn't that a little scary.

Would you rather hear this a few days after release:

We don't know at the moment what is causing the issues you are seeing but we are working on it.

Or this when they have the fixes and Patch #2 released:

Know all those bugs you were having, well, they're fixed.

I'll take the later.

hawkeyeguy
07-29-2011, 11:25 AM
I'll take C, we have put out a game that is 100% bug free.

JBHuskers
07-29-2011, 11:26 AM

Show me a game that is 100% bug free at launch...:D :fp:

Buckeye
07-29-2011, 12:04 PM
Just a thought - why not have all the 'issues' that EA is aware of and may have plans to fix in future server tweaks/tuner sets/title updates listed together in a single post?

I understand that EA will release an official list of fixes, but in the interim just having an 'EA is aware of:' list of issues that you guys are allowed to talk about will alleviate some of these 'EA sucks', 'This game blows', type threads, and it helps us all rest assured while we await the patch details.

psusnoop
07-29-2011, 12:20 PM
Just a thought - why not have all the 'issues' that EA is aware of and may have plans to fix in future server tweaks/tuner sets/title updates listed together in a single post?

I understand that EA will release an official list of fixes, but in the interim just having an 'EA is aware of:' list of issues that you guys are allowed to talk about will alleviate some of these 'EA sucks', 'This game blows', type threads, and it helps us all rest assured while we await the patch details.

Or it would give the masses an tool to go off the deep end :dunno:

I think that the issues that have been discussed and threads started if you read through them the mods do a great job of letting us know what has been reported. I don't see a need to break it all down.

Buckeye
07-29-2011, 12:29 PM
I realize the mods are doing a great job of letting people know what issues EA is aware of and what issues are 'new'. All I'm asking for is a consolidated post containing all that useful information so people who then come in and start threads are simply doing so to complain and bash the company, and these folks can be dealt with appropriately. People won't 'go off the deep end' after reading a list of issues that EA is aware of, in my opinion. On the contrary, it will help them rest assured and give them less of a reason to create posts/ threads about issues that have been discussed and that the mods and EA are already aware of.

morsdraconis
07-29-2011, 12:54 PM

Exactly. That's never going to happen. Every game that comes out for either next gen console immediately has an update to fix a bug that was in the game and there are, always, bugs to be fixed later on. It's impossible for a game to be released without bugs. It doesn't happen.

cdj
07-29-2011, 12:54 PM

Unfortunately, there's no game that fits in that category.

I realize the mods are doing a great job of letting people know what issues EA is aware of and what issues are 'new'. All I'm asking for is a consolidated post containing all that useful information so people who then come in and start threads are simply doing so to complain and bash the company, and these folks can be dealt with appropriately. People won't 'go off the deep end' after reading a list of issues that EA is aware of, in my opinion. On the contrary, it will help them rest assured and give them less of a reason to create posts/ threads about issues that have been discussed and that the mods and EA are already aware of.

Not a bad idea, but the closest thing we had to that turned into a disaster area.

For now, we're trying to make thread titles clear so people know where to post their issues and so we can get into in-depth discussion (if need be) to try and figure out what the issues is, what's causing it, etc.

As soon as EA discloses what is in Game Update #2, we'll post that in its own thread. For now, we only know what OS listed: fix to Start screen crash and roster tendency bug.

JBHuskers
07-29-2011, 01:14 PM
Exactly. That's never going to happen. Every game that comes out for either next gen console immediately has an update to fix a bug that was in the game and there are, always, bugs to be fixed later on. It's impossible for a game to be released without bugs. It doesn't happen.

Deuce
07-29-2011, 01:18 PM

Pong? :D :p

steelerfan
07-29-2011, 01:21 PM

JBHuskers
07-29-2011, 01:27 PM
Pong? :D :p

Hah hell no....there were times where the ball and paddle would glitch out :nod:

I OU a Beatn
07-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Now whoa. There's a far, FAR cry between a game without bugs and then the amount of bugs NCAA shipped with. Yes, there's always going to be bugs. But there should never, ever, ever, ever be this many bugs in one game, especially a football game that is basically just built upon the previous year's version.

Just like the custom playbook glitch. That was found on day one. You mean to tell me someone at EA didn't stumble upon that? I call BS. They knew it was there, but they didn't want to miss their deadline so they shipped it anyway without even so much as a notice to let us know it would be buggy until they patched it.

Let's not forget all the other issues. Yes, I realize being on track to fumble 60 times in one game seems realistic to some of you, but it's not realistic to a vast majority of the people who buy NCAA. Yes, I realize having a LB tipped a 40 yard pass is realistic to some of you, but to the vast majority of the people who buy NCAA, it's not. Never mind AI abusing tactics like the rocket catch, Analog Blitz, delayed bump and run, onside kick glitch, "goon" kick, stall glitch, disconnect glitch, etc...that all STILL exist and have existed for years. There's absolutely no doubt EA does test their game, but there's also absolutely no doubt that they just turn their head to a LOT of issues that affect a lot of people.

bdoughty
07-29-2011, 02:09 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur25KP061PE

JBHuskers
07-29-2011, 02:12 PM
The grass is too long....

ScubaSteve007
07-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Now whoa. There's a far, FAR cry between a game without bugs and then the amount of bugs NCAA shipped with. Yes, there's always going to be bugs. But there should never, ever, ever, ever be this many bugs in one game, especially a football game that is basically just built upon the previous year's version.

Just like the custom playbook glitch. That was found on day one. You mean to tell me someone at EA didn't stumble upon that? I call BS. They knew it was there, but they didn't want to miss their deadline so they shipped it anyway without even so much as a notice to let us know it would be buggy until they patched it.

Let's not forget all the other issues. Yes, I realize being on track to fumble 60 times in one game seems realistic to some of you, but it's not realistic to a vast majority of the people who buy NCAA. Yes, I realize having a LB tipped a 40 yard pass is realistic to some of you, but to the vast majority of the people who buy NCAA, it's not. Never mind AI abusing tactics like the rocket catch, Analog Blitz, delayed bump and run, onside kick glitch, "goon" kick, stall glitch, disconnect glitch, etc...that all STILL exist and have existed for years. There's absolutely no doubt EA does test their game, but there's also absolutely no doubt that they just turn their head to a LOT of issues that affect a lot of people.

hawkeyeguy
07-29-2011, 03:35 PM

Thank you.

Buckeye
07-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Are offline dynasties freezing for anyone? I just tried starting a dynasty as a created OC at Toledo. I changed a couple game around on my schedule, left recruiting assistance as-is, used a custom playbook on offense that has worked without any issues until now, and advanced to Week 1. Week 1 Game vs Colorado at home, I select Play Game, press OK (Ready), then it freezes on the Loading screen. What gives? If anyone has a workaround, please let me know because I thought an offline dynasty would at least be playable. Oh, and no slider changes made either. It was on default AA difficulty. Thanks

JBHuskers
07-29-2011, 03:41 PM
I honestly have only had one freeze, and I knew what the cause was. It was in Online Dynasties when I chose to save the game-made highlights....so now I always say NO when that pops up, besides that, no freezes.

Lord Marshall X
07-29-2011, 03:41 PM
All I am saying is that I don't like being hustled into beta testing a game for them and thats what they keep doing.

JBHuskers
07-29-2011, 03:42 PM
All I am saying is that I don't like being hustled into beta testing a game for them and thats what they keep doing.

That's definitely not what is going on here. No one hustled you into anything.

steelerfan
07-29-2011, 03:52 PM
That's definitely not what is going on here. No one hustled you into anything.

Yep.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

bdoughty
07-29-2011, 04:09 PM

free will

–noun
free and independent choice; voluntary decision: You took on the responsibility of your own free will.

Nobody is putting a gun to your head to buy the game. You have the ability to rent the game, wait for the patches to arrive or read the numerous message boards on the subject of NCAA 12 before making a decision to purchase the game.

They are not doing anything that other companies are not doing this generation. I have yet to own a game that did not have a patch, outside of NCAA Basketball 10 and they had Karma smacked back at them with NBA Live 11 and Jesus Bynum.

Am I happy with all the bugs and glitches in the game? No.
Do I still play the game regularly despite these issues? Yes.
Is it right to complain about all the problems with the game? You betcha.
Should you do so in a mature, respectful manner? Preferably. Assuming you want to continue posting here and on other sites.

psusnoop
07-29-2011, 04:11 PM

:down:

Buckeye
07-29-2011, 04:22 PM
Ok, has anyone been able to use a custom playbook in an offline dynasty with Coaching Carousel? I tested it some more, and the game freezes if I choose a custom playbook on offense. FYI, the custom playbooks I've tried have worked previously in practice, offline play now and online ranked, unranked and online dynasty. Usually when you select a custom playbook on the PS3 and press X, you get the file load screen from which you have to back out and then you go to the game loading screen. In offline dynasty, it doesn't seem to load the custom playbook file, because when I press X it goes straight to the game loading screen and freezes after a couple minutes (usually at the point where the COACH HINTS text is displayed)

I have tried to start the game using a stock playbook and the game did load, so it seems to be tied to custom playbooks.

Are offline dynasties freezing for anyone? I just tried starting a dynasty as a created OC at Toledo. I changed a couple game around on my schedule, left recruiting assistance as-is, used a custom playbook on offense that has worked without any issues until now, and advanced to Week 1. Week 1 Game vs Colorado at home, I select Play Game, press OK (Ready), then it freezes on the Loading screen. What gives? If anyone has a workaround, please let me know because I thought an offline dynasty would at least be playable. Oh, and no slider changes made either. It was on default AA difficulty. Thanks

gschwendt
07-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Ok, has anyone been able to use a custom playbook in an offline dynasty with Coaching Carousel? I tested it some more, and the game freezes if I choose a custom playbook on offense. FYI, the custom playbooks I've tried have worked previously in practice, offline play now and online ranked, unranked and online dynasty. Usually when you select a custom playbook on the PS3 and press X, you get the file load screen from which you have to back out and then you go to the game loading screen. In offline dynasty, it doesn't seem to load the custom playbook file, because when I press X it goes straight to the game loading screen.

I have tried to start the game using a stock playbook and the game did load, so it seems to be tied to custom playbooks.
I ran into a similar issue in pre-release but the only time I tried to use it was in an offline Play Now game. Since starting your Dynasty, have you since tried to use that same playbook in an Offline Play Now game? Try that and see if it doesn't freeze the game as well (btw, my game was frozen, but I could still bring up the PS3's XMB). Once it occurred though, it seemed to effect all of my custom playbooks. Let me know if you're experiencing the same thing; since I wasn't too deep into my CPBs, I just deleted them and everything has been fine since.

You're on the second person I've noticed reporting that same issue (me being the first of course) so let me know if you encountered the same thing and I'll forward it on as another reported case (I reported it with all of my details whenever it happened to me). Also, if you would, give me as much detail as you can about the CPB... template, style, formations, etc.

Buckeye
07-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Yes I am happy (heavy dose of sarcasm here) to report that I am the second victim, gschwendt. All custom playbooks are now FUBAR, it looks like. I checked offline play now a few minutes ago, and it froze. I could load the XMB while the game was frozen as well, just like you, so it seems I am experiencing the same issue you did. I'll edit this post in a few with the playbooks' details.

gschwendt
07-29-2011, 04:36 PM
Yes I am happy (heavy dose of sarcasm here) to report that I am the second victim, gschwendt. All custom playbooks are now FUBAR, it looks like. I checked offline play now a few minutes ago, and it froze. I could load the XMB while the game was frozen as well, just like you, so it seems I am experiencing the same issue you did. I'll edit this post in a few with the playbooks' details.
If you would, also post how many you've created, how many you've deleted, etc. Not sure if that factors in or not but when I ran into the issue, I had originally created six total, but then went back and deleted four, ending up with two remaining before running into the issue.

strattjw
07-29-2011, 04:44 PM
I've never had a problem with custom playbooks. I have five of them created and never seen a glitch using them. I run all my games using of the the five custom books. I was careful when I made the books to remove assigned audibles and then add all my plays before re-assigning audibles. I also have each playbook at the max allowable number of plays (372 I think).

I haven't had a single game freeze either.

In this age of consoles connected to the internet developers know they can push out a patch to fix any major issue in a game post launch. That is just a reality of the situation. It isn't like it was back in the NES days when a game launched couldn't be patched in any way. Personally I can't say I blame developers either. Games are much more complicated now then they were back on the NES days and take considerable more people and time to make. Sure they could wait until all the bugs are gone and everything works perfects but then it might be 3+ years between NCAA games and I doubt the franchise makes enough money to justify a 3+ year per game schedule.

Buckeye
07-29-2011, 05:13 PM
Ok, here are the custom playbook details:

Number of playbooks: 4
Style: One back, Pistol (2), Pro (WIP but definitely not glitched)
Base Playbooks: Alabama (One back), Nevada (Pistol), Washington (Pro)

Oneback playbook formations

Ace
Big
Big Twins
Big Wing
Twin TE
Twin TE Slot
Tackle Over
Normal
Y-Trips

Pistol
Ace
Ace Twins
Wing Trips TE
H Twins
Twin TE
Twin TE Slot
Slot
Train

Gun
Ace
Ace Twins
Ace Twins Wk
Ace Wing Wk
Big Flip
Twin TE HB Wk
Empty Ace
Empty Base
Empty Trey
Split Slot
Normal HB Wk
Normal Wing Wk
Y-Trips HB Wk

Pistol 1 Formations

Ace
Big
Big Twins
Twin TE
Twin TE Slot
Normal Flex
Y-Trips

Pistol
Slot Flex
Ace
Ace Twins
Twin TE
Twin TE Slot?
Y-Trips

Gun
Ace
Ace Twins
Ace Twins Wk
Twin TE HB Wk
Twin TE Slot Str
Normal Flex Wk
Y-Trips HB Wk
Trips TE
Trips Over

Pistol 2 Formations

Ace
Normal Flex
Y-Trips

Pistol
Slot Flex
Y-Trips

Gun
Ace
Ace Twins
Ace Twins Wk
Normal Flex Wk
Y-Trips HB Wk
Trips TE
Trips Over
Trips
Trips HB Wk

Pro had a stock I formations, with a few added but thats about it. Worked fine offline, didn't seem to have any problems and I did not use this playbook in the dynasty.

All of these playbooks worked in the past. Needless to say, I put in quite the effort making sure all audibles (including formation audibles) were assigned and that everything worked fine. I avoided formations and steps that people reported were causing the empty playbook glitch, and I never encountered it myself as a result. Very disappointed right now

PS: I went into one of the custom playbooks, and its name had been changed to '2', total plays increased to 392, all audibles are blank, the playbook itself has all the old Ace formations, but I and Shotgun are 'undefined'. By the looks of it, the file is damaged. Figured I'd share this info as well, if you plan on passing it along to EA Sports.

Buckeye
07-29-2011, 05:17 PM
I've never had a problem with custom playbooks. I have five of them created and never seen a glitch using them. I run all my games using of the the five custom books. I was careful when I made the books to remove assigned audibles and then add all my plays before re-assigning audibles. I also have each playbook at the max allowable number of plays (372 I think).

I haven't had a single game freeze either.

<snip>

Consider yourself very, very lucky :) At this point, it looks like a matter of if but when you will run into some issue with the custom playbooks. I was in the same camp as you until this afternoon. All the playbooks worked, I had all the audibles set up correctly, and everything seemed to work just fine.

gschwendt
07-29-2011, 05:17 PM
PS: I went into one of the custom playbooks, and its name had been changed to '2', total plays increased to 392, all audibles are blank, the playbook itself has all the old Ace formations, but I and Shotgun are 'undefined'. By the looks of it, the file is damaged. Figured I'd share this info as well, if you plan on passing it along to EA Sports.
Can you take either a screenshot of this or a photo of your screen showing as much of these details as possible? I didn't encounter that but then again, I didn't really go looking for it either.

Also, do you know which playbook you were last editing before this issue popped up and how recent the changes you made were?

Buckeye
07-29-2011, 05:41 PM
Last changed the pro book, and the changes were made this morning. Here are the photos (didn't feel like connecting the HD-PVR just for screenshots):

W: Large size images

Ace/Overview:

http://i51.tinypic.com/103szfq.jpg

I, Pistol, Shotgun Undefined:

http://i53.tinypic.com/2vt70o2.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/x58r5z.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/htdztd.jpg

Empty Audibles:
http://i52.tinypic.com/21c572h.jpg

Can you take either a screenshot of this or a photo of your screen showing as much of these details as possible? I didn't encounter that but then again, I didn't really go looking for it either.

Also, do you know which playbook you were last editing before this issue popped up and how recent the changes you made were?

SCClassof93
07-30-2011, 04:42 PM
I am not a big complainer but I am not an ea apologist either. 1. the game has frozen several times after playing an entire game in online dynasty (ps3) for everyone in the league. It stinks to take Washington St. into Oregon and win a very fun game 34-31 only to have a crash and then lose the replay 31-24. 2. A new issue I just discovered this morning in my two player dynasty: we both took new jobs after season 1 and during the off season my friend had to reset his recruiting board every week and every week all that work vanished (he gave up after the third week and let the computer have its way). Computer assist is off like always. Anyone else have this issue? I dread offseason on my multiplayer if this happens :fp:

I for one would like less features in my game if it meant those features would work.

Lord Marshall X
07-30-2011, 06:07 PM
We have already had to kick everyone out and restart the dynasty 3 times in 1 season!

Has anyone seen the intentional grounding in the pocket by the computer with no penalty?

I OU a Beatn
07-30-2011, 06:13 PM
All the time.

Pig Bomb
07-30-2011, 06:21 PM
I was just playing my solo online dynasty..I'm Texas...we just made a huge play to complete a 4th quarter comeback over rivals Texas A&M... as soon as my guy ran into the end zone the game froze...then stuttered for 1 second...then froze for good.

I was using a custom playbook.. GT plus 6 formations... no added plays, no plays or formations taken out.
Defense book was standard 43.

XBOX360