PDA

View Full Version : Custom Conferences - 255 Team Swap Limit

lastxit
07-28-2011, 02:39 PM
I've rearranged the conferences quite significantly in my offline dynasty. At the end of year 1, I attempted to make some additonal changes and received:

"Error: 255 team swap limit reached"

Is this something that was mentioned before? I didn't realize a swap limit existed.

Does anyone have a work-around for this or has EA made any mention of it?

morsdraconis
07-28-2011, 02:49 PM
I'd say there isn't. It's a programming limitation.

mew3782
07-28-2011, 04:00 PM
I had this problem too...I hope they give this another hexademical spot or two in a patch but who knows.

ram29jackson
07-28-2011, 05:55 PM
you made that many in the beginning in the first place ?

IRaineZz
07-29-2011, 01:26 PM
oh thats ridiciolous. you know if thats a limit for just one year or overall thrughout a 60year dynasty? i have just swapped 6 teams so far

joshuahuskers
07-30-2011, 11:29 PM
Here is another issue involving custom conferences. I'd like to hear if anyone else has this issue. I've added BYU and Boise to the Big XII. I've added Marshall, TCU, UCF and ECU to the Big East. I've added Notre Dame and my Teambuilder team, Wisconsin State, to the Big Ten. I've re-done the division in the Big Ten to East/West and ACC to North/South. Here is the scheduling set-up:

Big Ten: Protected rivals on - I wanted to have this OFF to have 9 games, but it appears that with 14 team conferences (and ONLY 14 teams) the scheduling is backwards...as in, with protected rivals on, you get 9 conferences games, and with it off, you get 8. Sucks.

ACC: Switched the division around. Protected rivals ON. Should have 8 conference games.

Big XII: Added Boise and BYU, North/South split. Protected rivals ON. Should have 8 conference games.

SEC: Haven't touched. Protected rivals therefore ON. Should have 8 conference games.

Pac-12: Haven't touched. Protected rivals therefore OFF. Should have 9 conference games.

Big East: Added the 4 teams mentioned. North/South split. Protected rivals OFF. Should have 9 conference games.

Here's what happened with the number of conference games:

The Pac-12, Big East, and ACC played out perfectly.

In the Big XII:
-Iowa State played 9
-Boise State played 9
-Kansas played 10
-Texas Tech played 9
-Oklahoma State played 9
-Oklahoma played 10
-Everyone else played 8

In the Big Ten:
-Minnesota played 10
-Michigan played 10
-Everyone else played 9

In the SEC:
-Tennessee played 9
-Auburn played 9
-Everyone else played 8

Now, I thought this could be 1) an issue with conferences modified, or 2) an issue with protected rivals. But if it's an issue with conference modified, why is the SEC messed up? If it's an issue with protected rivals, why is the ACC correct?

Now in my first season, everything was how it should have been (with the exception of the Big Ten having 9 conference games with protected rivals ON, but I wanted 9 conference games, and I planned to just rotate the protected rivals every 2 years - so no big deal). This happened in season 2.

In season 3, I decided to just turn protected rivals OFF for all conferences, and give them all 9 games for an even playing field. But a DEAL BREAKER in my dynasty would not getting 9 conference games in a 14 team conference. You'd only play some people in the other division once every 8 years - not okay. After turning protected rivals off for all conferences except the Big Ten, all of them play 9 conference games in season 3 - perfect. However, the Big Ten is still messed up: Michigan, Ohio State, Minnesota and Northwestern are all playing 10 conference games, and everyone else is playing 9. This is VERY frustrating.

Is EA aware of this issue? To me, this is something that MUST be patched, and I no longer feeling like playing my dynasty after only about two weeks because of this problem. Dynasty killer. Someone please help.

Don't mean to thread-jack, but this is a large issue as well, and I feel it needs addressed (hopefully in patch).

jaymo76
07-30-2011, 11:57 PM
you made that many in the beginning in the first place ?

Those were my thoughts too Ram. How do you make those many changes??? Wow!