PDA

View Full Version : Online Dynasty advance issues - freezing, failure, etc

Coach Kernzy
07-28-2011, 09:07 AM
I'm sure this has already been posted somewhere but can't seem to find anything recent on it.

I have a donator hosted OD going, the TGT Coach Mode OD (360), and when trying to advance to week 3 it freezes at step 1 of 5 during "Uploading Game Quarter Scores Data".

It has now frozen in that same spot a half dozen times.

I can only assume it's an EA server issue but what are my options at this point.

Any help from the guys here that have EAs ear or a direct line to them would be greatly appreciated.

gschwendt
07-28-2011, 09:20 AM
I've not ever heard that exact issue... however, as a test to see whether it's related to the servers and/or your OD, you might pass commissioner permissions to someone else and have them try to advance the week.

Coach Kernzy
07-28-2011, 09:27 AM
Will do, I actually think the official TGT 360 OD is having the same issue but I'll have to get confirmation from JBHuskers on that.

gschwendt
07-28-2011, 09:33 AM
Will do, I actually think the official TGT 360 OD is having the same issue but I'll have to get confirmation from JBHuskers on that.My understanding is that it's similar, but quite different at the same time. It's completing the full process except the last step... sounds like yours isn't quite getting that far.

Coach Kernzy
07-28-2011, 09:43 AM
10-4
Thanks

Has switching the commish to someone else worked before? I've got to think the issue is related to EA servers or something and not me or my system or files in particular.

gigemaggs99
07-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Mine is sticking at the same point. I'm on PS3. It gets to step "1 of 5 Download Game Quarter Scores Data" then just sits there.

I've tried it 3 times now...

JBHuskers
07-28-2011, 01:33 PM
10-4
Thanks

Has switching the commish to someone else worked before? I've got to think the issue is related to EA servers or something and not me or my system or files in particular.

It's looking to be a widespread problem on the 360. Switching commish's doesn't help. They're currently looking into it.

SmoothPancakes
07-28-2011, 01:36 PM
Mine is sticking at the same point. I'm on PS3. It gets to step "1 of 5 Download Game Quarter Scores Data" then just sits there.

I've tried it 3 times now...

It's looking to be a widespread problem on the 360. Switching commish's doesn't help. They're currently looking into it.

Potentially add PS3 to that list.

JBHuskers
07-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Potentially add PS3 to that list.

Perhaps, in Steelerfan's OD we're in week 13 and haven't had a problem yet *knock on wood*

SmoothPancakes
07-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Perhaps, in Steelerfan's OD we're in week 13 and haven't had a problem yet *knock on wood*

Yeah, that's what originally gave me hope for the Coach Mode OD. We were able to advance to week 2, even after you guys had started getting the failed advances in the TGT 360 OD.

gigemaggs99
07-28-2011, 09:02 PM

Any word? When I go to the EA forums it's like trying to speak to a human on a voice activated 800 number. Now they want me to varify my email address since I'm trying to post a question/comment after 7-27-2011. I click on the area to do so and it says it will send me an varification email to confirm my email address and account...still waiting on the email....still can't post a question or comment....weeeeeeeeeeeeee :whistle:

gigemaggs99
07-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Ok good news, I was able to get the email varification....now the bad news still not worky....

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7461089.page

cdj
07-29-2011, 12:46 PM
gigem - I think that guy is just doing the formal customer service response and isn't directly connected with Tiburon and/or the NCAA team. We put in another e-mail today to see if we can find out any updates on these OD issues.

For everyone - If you are having OD advance issues, please post them here with details and what step it is getting hung up on. It seems like the ones mentioned here are getting hung up on different points, which is weird.

Coach Kernzy
07-29-2011, 12:51 PM
I'm sure this has already been posted somewhere but can't seem to find anything recent on it.

I have a donator hosted OD going, the TGT Coach Mode OD (360), and when trying to advance to week 3 it freezes at step 1 of 5 during "Uploading Game Quarter Scores Data".

It has now frozen in that same spot a half dozen times.

I can only assume it's an EA server issue but what are my options at this point.

Any help from the guys here that have EAs ear or a direct line to them would be greatly appreciated.
Regarding my initial issue, the only thing that changed was that one owner left and I removed another and changed to Heisman from AA and adjusted the Facemask slider but that was it.
I believe it might have something to do with owners coming and going as it seems those that have issues have had movement and for instance steelerfan's OD he has had no movement and they are in bowl season.
Hope that is some more for EA to go on.

???Also, If I go into my 360 memory and delete the OD file, isn't that just deleting the local OD file and the one on the server is still there so shouldn't I be able to connect to it and when I do it'll download the file from the server???

JBHuskers
07-29-2011, 12:52 PM
Yeah that's just deleting the local save.

Coach Kernzy
07-29-2011, 12:54 PM
So then maybe it's a local corrupted file and if I delete it and get back on there and download the file from the OD again it might be alright?

JBHuskers
07-29-2011, 01:13 PM
So then maybe it's a local corrupted file and if I delete it and get back on there and download the file from the OD again it might be alright?

Let me know if that works. I always save mine because of an issue last year. I'll try to do the same when I get home tonight.

Coach Kernzy
07-29-2011, 01:41 PM
Are we sure though, I'd hate to delete that and then not be able to get into the OD at all...?

JBHuskers
07-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Are we sure though, I'd hate to delete that and then not be able to get into the OD at all...?

110% positive.

Coach Kernzy
07-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Roger that JB, I'll be trying this as soon as I get home and will post results here.

JBHuskers
07-29-2011, 01:51 PM
Roger that JB, I'll be trying this as soon as I get home and will post results here.

:up:

gigemaggs99
07-29-2011, 02:01 PM
I think you might be onto something with delete users, we had a guy not be able to commit to playing to I removed him. He was there in the preseason but did not play his first game. He was replaced by another user who did play his 1st game..

Maybe the OD is looking for the original player?

I'd be interested to see if the ODs that are not able to advance have had users either leave or get booted...the ODs that are working, have they had any users leave or get booted?

gigemaggs99
07-29-2011, 02:07 PM
gigem - I think that guy is just doing the formal customer service response and isn't directly connected with Tiburon and/or the NCAA team. We put in another e-mail today to see if we can find out any updates on these OD issues.

so I took my car in to get the oil changed. The guy comes out and says, "no sir the tires look fine...why are you here again?"

Coach Kernzy
07-29-2011, 05:42 PM
No dice fellas...deleted my local OD file, redownloaded and then tried to advance but froze in the exact same spot so it's clearly a server side issue.

Come on EA help us out here.

Pig Bomb
07-30-2011, 05:56 PM
I was just playing my solo online dynasty..I'm Texas...we just made a huge play to complete a 4th quarter comeback over rivals Texas A&M... as soon as my guy ran into the end zone the game froze...then stuttered for 1 second...then froze for good.. OMFG!

gigemaggs99
07-31-2011, 12:55 PM
Transferred the commish duties to another user in the OD and he was able to advance the week. Seems to be back up and running. "knock on wood"

Coach Kernzy
07-31-2011, 01:07 PM
oh really?

well I'll give that a try for a week and then transfer it back to me and give it a shot on my end again for the next week

JBHuskers
07-31-2011, 03:37 PM
Transferred the commish duties to another user in the OD and he was able to advance the week. Seems to be back up and running. "knock on wood"

We tried that on the 360 and it unfortunately didn't work.

gschwendt
07-31-2011, 04:18 PM
We tried that on the 360 and it unfortunately didn't work.
Yeah, but yours is failing at a different step than gigem's and Coach's were/are failing. I think you just broke it. :)

Coach Kernzy
07-31-2011, 05:41 PM
Mine's still screwed to, I tried to transfer the commish and the other guy froze in the same spot so it's the file on the EA server that is the issue.

I have little to no faith at this point that EA will be able to fix the issue. I hope I stand corrected but I highly doubt it.

Coach Kernzy
08-01-2011, 08:54 AM
Any update on your end JBHuskers?

Trying to decide where to start my CM OD over or is EA going to be able to fix the problem that resides on their servers?

gschwendt
08-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Any update on your end JBHuskers?

Trying to decide where to start my CM OD over or is EA going to be able to fix the problem that resides on their servers?Not that we can guarantee anything, but I suggest wait until the end of the day today to make a decision. Hopefully we'll know something for sure one way or another.

Coach Kernzy
08-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Thank you
Appreciate it

psusnoop
08-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Not that we can guarantee anything, but I suggest wait until the end of the day today to make a decision. Hopefully we'll know something for sure one way or another.

Made me think of Tommy Boy right off the bat :D:D

I'm hopeful that EA can get this ironed out quickly, I just took over SMU as the OC and would love to get :sf: dynasty rolling again.

JBHuskers
08-01-2011, 12:16 PM
Made me think of Tommy Boy right off the bat :D:D

I'm hopeful that EA can get this ironed out quickly, I just took over SMU as the OC and would love to get :sf: dynasty rolling again.

:+1:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Coach Kernzy
08-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Keep us posted JB, anxiously awaiting something from EA that I assume you'll hear today according to gschwendt (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/member.php?2-gschwendt)

JBHuskers
08-01-2011, 12:40 PM
I e-mailed them early this morning, and I see Tommy did the same.

steelerfan
08-01-2011, 02:49 PM
cdj and I have also been in contact with EA regarding this issue.

Personally, I'm not going to re-start unless EA tells me, "we fixed the problem, but existing ODs can't be helped". Why re-start now? Chances are you'll run into it again.

Coach Kernzy
08-01-2011, 02:53 PM
cdj and I have also been in contact with EA regarding this issue.

Personally, I'm not going to re-start unless EA tells me, "we fixed the problem, but existing ODs can't be helped". Why re-start now? Chances are you'll run into it again.

Yeah makes sense steelerfan. Hopefully someone will hear something soon, all of the ODs with this issue are going to start to lose the owners and it's really affecting the longevity of those ODs.

steelerfan
08-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Yeah makes sense steelerfan. Hopefully someone will hear something soon, all of the ODs with this issue are going to start to lose the owners and it's really affecting the longevity of those ODs.

I had an OD get stuck in NCAA 10 for about a week. Through trial and error, and communication with EA, cdj helped me get it going again. I'm hopeful that this will play out in a similar fashion for all of us.

Coach Kernzy
08-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Work day is done on the East coast so has anyone heard anything from EA?

psusnoop
08-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Work day is done on the East coast so has anyone heard anything from EA?

Probably not, I'm sure these guys would be singing from the rooftops, well maybe just JB but the mental picture is priceless :D:D

gschwendt
08-01-2011, 05:44 PM
Unfortunately we haven't heard anything since this morning. You're obviously welcome to start from scratch but as steelerfan suggested, what's to say your next OD doesn't run into the same issue.

oweb26
08-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Okay this is a crap shot I know, but it worked for me.

Create a new OD and just advance until you get to the start of the season. Once there Sim until some random week into the future, I canceled mid-sim and then went back into my other OD hit advance and viola it worked all the way through.

I honestly thought my first OD was done but that worked for me and no problems since "knock on wood*

Coach Kernzy
08-01-2011, 07:01 PM
I don't have that ability since I can only host one OD

SmoothPancakes
08-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Coach Kernzy, if you want to try it, you can try transferring the OD commish to me and I'll give this a go, since I have another OD created right now. Maybe we can get lucky.

Coach Kernzy
08-01-2011, 07:37 PM
yeah i'll go transfer it right now sir

oweb26
08-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Coach Kernzy, if you want to try it, you can try transferring the OD commish to me and I'll give this a go, since I have another OD created right now. Maybe we can get lucky.

I created a new one and it worked I unnoticed about already having one on your HD already or not

SmoothPancakes
08-01-2011, 08:04 PM
I created a new one and it worked I unnoticed about already having one on your HD already or not

Yeah, I just created a brand new one with Baylor to try it out.

As for the freezing point in the TGT Coach Mode OD, I have narrowed down the exact point that it is freezing at. Here's the post I made in the OD forum:

Ok, I think I narrowed down where the issue is. It's freezing every time when trying to download the Game Quarter Scores data for either North Texas or Tulane (I'm thinking it's for Tulane but I can't tell 100% certain). It freezes on that exact same spot every time.

It's freezing at that exact point every time I'd try to just plain advance the dynasty. So there's something either with North Texas or Tulane (I'm fairly sure it was Tulane that the game was downloading the data from) that is messing up and freezing the advance while trying to download the Game Quarter Scores data.

SmoothPancakes
08-01-2011, 08:13 PM
I just tried that method oweb, it froze in the same spot again. There is something in the file that is screwed up with the Game Quarter Scores Data for, I'm fairly, Tulane, that is freezing up the advance in the same spot every time.

oweb26
08-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Yeah, I just created a brand new one with Baylor to try it out.

As for the freezing point in the TGT Coach Mode OD, I have narrowed down the exact point that it is freezing at. Here's the post I made in the OD forum:

It's freezing at that exact point every time I'd try to just plain advance the dynasty. So there's something either with North Texas or Tulane (I'm fairly sure it was Tulane that the game was downloading the data from) that is messing up and freezing the advance while trying to download the Game Quarter Scores data.

Ahhh I had that problem on last years game, simple solution, whoever was playing them or whoever is that team needs to be kicked out and advanced without them your problems should be solved.

Actually now that I think about it I had to completely switch someones team on last years game when that was happening. Bad News is whoever was that team might not be able to go back.

SmoothPancakes
08-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Ahhh I had that problem on last years game, simple solution, whoever was playing them or whoever is that team needs to be kicked out and advanced without them your problems should be solved.

Actually now that I think about it I had to completely switch someones team on last years game when that was happening. Bad News is whoever was that team might not be able to go back.

Well, it's definitely worth a try. Better than having to completely restart the OD all over.

oweb26
08-02-2011, 06:46 AM
I take it the last option didnt work for you either?

SmoothPancakes
08-02-2011, 06:51 AM
I take it the last option didnt work for you either?

I don't know. After my couple attempts with your initial method failed, I gave Commish duties back to Coach Kernzy, so I have no idea if he tried it last night while he was online or not.

oweb26
08-02-2011, 07:36 AM
Unless it something different than from last year I am sure that will work, my initial method was actually moreso to failed to advance than freezing. I got a freeze once and my first method worked, but I alwasy got the failed to advance message.

I know the second method works IF its the same problem from last years game, I was playing as TCU and it completely f.u.b.a.r on me and I could not even play them for a couple of seasons.

JBHuskers
08-02-2011, 08:36 AM
In my case, it's a transfer failed issue after the upload of all the data, so hopefully that is just a server-side fix.

Coach Kernzy
08-02-2011, 08:43 AM
No dice once again guys. I deleted the Tulane user as suggested and that did nothing. Froze in the exact same place.

Extremely frustrated at this point and I'm about to just put ODs on the back burner until EA confirms they have fixed the issues.

JBHuskers
08-02-2011, 09:02 AM
No dice once again guys. I deleted the Tulane user as suggested and that did nothing. Froze in the exact same place.

Extremely frustrated at this point and I'm about to just put ODs on the back burner until EA confirms they have fixed the issues.

That's what we're all doing, that's all we can do for now.

Coach Kernzy
08-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Well some news, not sure if it's good or not but here you go.
I removed all the users in my OD and then was able to advance with no problem. Now all the users lose their previous week's results since they get simmed after you remove them but I did get advanced and now I've sent everyone invites to rejoin.
So hopefully this doesn't happen again but we'll see.

oweb26
08-02-2011, 09:18 PM
So my recommendation worked just had to do it to everyone. Interesting.

SmoothPancakes
08-02-2011, 09:21 PM
So my recommendation worked just had to do it to everyone. Interesting.

Well, I have no idea what the exact issue was. I think Coach Kernzy just booted the entire dynasty as the same time and then tried advancing. Probably should have gone team by team to eliminate where the exact problem was or who the problem team might have been that caused the freezing.

JBHuskers
08-02-2011, 10:07 PM
For the TGT 360 OD Ben suggested I don't do the workaround because since I gave him and the other devs a precise time of when I tried to advance, they may be able to make a hard fix.

psusnoop
08-03-2011, 07:11 AM
For the TGT 360 OD Ben suggested I don't do the workaround because since I gave him and the other devs a precise time of when I tried to advance, they may be able to make a hard fix.

Good to hear, hopefully they can get this straightened out quickly.

JBHuskers
08-10-2011, 09:21 PM
The TGT 360 OD is back up and running. We were getting stuck on step 4 of 5 finalizing the upload.

psusnoop
08-10-2011, 09:41 PM
The TGT 360 OD is back up and running. We were getting stuck on step 4 of 5 finalizing the upload.
:up:

OMRebel
08-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Mine is freezing in the offseason between week 2 and 3 of recruiting. It freezes at 99% "filling recruiting boards". Anyone else see it freeze here?

cdj
08-11-2011, 02:58 PM
From a follower on twitter (http://www.twitlonger.com/show/cah4bb):

online dynasty errors... Dynasty corrupt if someone saves the game while loading. Get dynasty transfer error and can't advance.

DuffHouse12
08-13-2011, 06:13 PM
i had results for a team change with an advance. i literally watched this kid win his game at his house, then when i advanced the week - a loss showed up on his record instead. we checked the schedule and there were simmed results. how do i change the results of the game?

oweb26
08-13-2011, 08:32 PM
If its already advanced you cannot do anything, he has to take his loss.

cdj
08-15-2011, 06:54 PM

I played my game today and it errored trying to upload following the game. It appears the info went through however as the screen showed me as Ready to Advance and the post-game boxscore e-mail went out.

oweb26
08-24-2011, 06:18 AM
Looks like mine has went fubar during the offseason trying to advance through transfers. I am in step 1 right after it uploads transfers for each team, to advance it freezes. I can honestly say I am tired of all these errors I am getting trying to advance weeks, it even failed to upload after me and a user played our NC game, glad to know I still won.

Boucher
08-25-2011, 12:15 PM
I get the same stuff you guys have said but i also get a new one now when advancing it goes through all steps than when it says deleting older files or whatever it just stays there. It never deletes them so every time i advance i have to quit the game to get the week to advance for me