PDA

View Full Version : Your Bucket List of Bands

JBHuskers
07-27-2011, 03:37 PM
What is your bucket list of bands you have never seen but want to sometime soon?

This would have to include bands that are still going or have the possibility of "one more show".

1. Pearl Jam
2. Rolling Stones
3. Them Crooked Vultures
4. Outkast (I have seen Big Boi in concert but not him and Andre together)
5. Seether
6. Snoop Dogg (trying to win tickets for tomorrow's show :D)

Deuce
07-27-2011, 04:25 PM
Alice in Chains - going Aug 13th to an unplugged show!!! Ah ya

Foo fighters
Tegan and Sara - don't laugh :fp:
High on Fire
Mastodon
The Cure - just the Disintegration album from beginning to end

JBHuskers
07-27-2011, 04:30 PM
Should add Foo to the list too. I saw both iterations of AIC. Saw the orignal lineup in 1995 with STP, and saw the lineup with Duvall actually in 2000 before Duvall was officially the lead singer.

Deuce
07-27-2011, 04:31 PM
Should add Foo to the list too. I saw both iterations of AIC. Saw the orignal lineup in 1995 with STP, and saw the lineup with Duvall actually in 2000 before Duvall was officially the lead singer.

Ya, I was supposed to see AIC in 94 ( I think) with Metallica but that's when Layne started getting 'sick'. Really regret not seeing the original lineup.

gschwendt
07-27-2011, 04:42 PM
Tom Petty about 15-20 years ago.

Anymore, there's not a whole lot of bands that I just really want to see. Music is really starting to die for me and the bands I'd want to see are nowhere near their prime yet charge 2-3 times what they did when they were in their prime.

bdoughty
07-27-2011, 04:51 PM
I would have to go back in time for most.

The original Lynyrd Skynyrd
Derek and the Dominos
Led Zeppelin
The Who
Ramones
Bob Marley and the Wailers
Buddy Holly and the Crickets
Sex Pistols

Oasis - Only Noel, Liam can piss off.

psuexv
07-28-2011, 08:29 AM
Pearl Jam was one of the best shows I've ever been too. It was their last show of the tour and at the end Eddie announced that he was playing until he finished the whole bottle of wine and they played for like another hour and half....AWESOME!!

Deuce
08-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Holy shit...just got an email today that Soundgarden AND Mastodon will be in Dallas on Oct 26th!!! Hell yes!!! Gonna be a great show.

JBHuskers
08-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Holy shit...just got an email today that Soundgarden AND Mastodon will be in Dallas on Oct 26th!!! Hell yes!!! Gonna be a great show.

Daaaaamn. Soundgarden is a band I forgot to put on my list.

Deuce
08-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Daaaaamn. Soundgarden is a band I forgot to put on my list.

I know! Superunknown is an incredible album. One of my favorite 90's bands and Mastodon is one of my current favs. Can't believe they are playing together!

morsdraconis
08-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Pelican
God Speed! You Black Emperor
Gojira
ISIS
Anthrax
Opeth
Nevermore (they were at a fuckin' locale festival called X-Fest a few years back and I didn't even fuckin' know and I missed them!)
Daylight Dies
Soundgarden

Deuce
08-02-2011, 09:11 PM
Pelican
God Speed! You Black Emperor
Gojira
ISIS
Anthrax
Opeth
Nevermore (they were at a fuckin' locale festival called X-Fest a few years back and I didn't even fuckin' know and I missed them!)
Daylight Dies
Soundgarden

:+1:

Too bad Isis is no more. Oceanic is a great, great album.

I'll take Soundgarden off my list Oct 26th!!

morsdraconis
08-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Yeah, I was VERY sad to learn that ISIS is no longer together.

That's awesome man. I wish more bands would come closer to WV. I would have been able to take God Speed! You Black Emperor off the list earlier this year (played at a small bar in DC a few months back) but the tickets sold out in 15 minutes after they became available and I missed my chance to buy them.

JeffHCross
08-02-2011, 10:07 PM
Nightwish
Within Temptation
Paramore
Sevendust (again and again and again)

EDIT: F-me, I totally forgot Breaking Benjamin.

morsdraconis
08-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Nightwish
Within Temptation
Paramore

I know this is a bit off topic, but if you've never heard of them before, you should give The Gathering a listen. They would probably be right up your alley (BTW, never heard of Within Temptation, but they sound pretty damn cool, thanks for possibly turning me onto another band).

JeffHCross
08-02-2011, 10:22 PM
I haven't listened to much by The Gathering, but I have heard some. Their former lead vocalist (Anneke van Giersbergen) has performed guest vocals with Within Temptation on multiple occasions for the track "Somewhere". One of my favorite WT tracks.

Just in case anyone cares, my list is by nowhere representative of my "favorite bands" list ... that's just who would be on my bucket list of bands. I've been fortunate enough to see several of my favorite bands previously.

JBHuskers
08-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Now my original post stated bands that you could STILL see.

Here are bands you CANNOT see any longer that would be on my bucket list (I guess concerts I'd attend when I die).

The Doors
God Lives Underwater
Elvis Presley

I'm sure I'll think of more.

steelerfan
08-03-2011, 02:03 AM
Believe it or not, I've seen everyone I'd want to see.

There are a couple of "N/A" bands (dead singers) but they wouldn't be too high on my list any way.

Deuce
08-03-2011, 07:50 AM
EDIT: F-me, I totally forgot Breaking Benjamin.

Not sure if you've heard this yet...it's too bad.

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00042590.html

psuexv
08-03-2011, 09:42 AM
Nightwish

So have you seen them and their on your list to see again? If you haven't put it at the top of your list, they completely shred live. I would suggest seeing them at a smaller venue though.

psuexv
08-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Now my original post stated bands that you could STILL see.

Here are bands you CANNOT see any longer that would be on my bucket list (I guess concerts I'd attend when I die).

The Doors
God Lives Underwater
Elvis Presley

I'm sure I'll think of more.

The Real Alice in Chains
Nirvana
Amy Winehouse

JBHuskers
08-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Yeah forgot Nirvana somehow :fp: