PDA

View Full Version : Any way to get an answer fom EA?

GatorBait06NC
07-27-2011, 11:30 AM
Im sure this has been passed around since the roster glitch was detected, but roster makers really need to know if the rosters will be salvaged or not with the new patch.

I know theres people here with connections to EA and I dont think that its asking too much to get EA to give us an answer to that question. Will we have to rename rosters once the patch comes out?

Im sure they know the answer to this by now and we need that answer. Rosters guys are going to be stuck for weeks. With some holding back, like me, who has thousands of info to put into the game. And there are some that are going forward anyway. I dont see that being too fair to the consumer. Guys like me will have lost weeks by not doing work if they can be saved. And guys like Luv will have lost weeks of work all for nothing if the rosters cannot be saved.

We really need to start pushing EA for an answer to this question. I see nothing more urgent than this.

JBHuskers
07-27-2011, 12:20 PM
I actually see a lot more urgent things that need to be addressed first. Most people that use rosters used the named ones that allow you to go online with them.

I OU a Beatn
07-27-2011, 12:29 PM
I actually see a lot more urgent things that need to be addressed first. Most people that use rosters used the named ones that allow you to go online with them.

Agreed. The roster issue isn't anywhere close to the top of my issue board. As far as getting an answer from EA, unless they're done with the patch and have submitted the patch to Sony/MS for QA, I doubt they even know at this point. As with any patch in the past, they'll announce it when it's ready.

steelerfan
07-27-2011, 12:38 PM
Dear EA,

There is a guy at TGT who has bashed you endlessly. He has called out specific members of the dev team as people he hates. Now, he REALLY needs your help. He sees that you have nothing more important to do than answer this question for him, so here it is: will roster makers have to start all over after the patch?

Thank you for hurrying this answer along to us. There is nothing more important and we know you know the answer by now.

Warmest regards,

steelerfan

PS Please patch Florida's shoe color. It is the second most urgent issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

morsdraconis
07-27-2011, 12:40 PM
Dear EA,

There is a guy at TGT who has bashed you endlessly. He has called out specific members of the dev team as people he hates. Now, he REALLY needs your help. He sees that you have nothing more important to do than answer this question for him, so here it is: will roster makers have to start all over after the patch?

Thank you for hurrying this answer along to us. There is nothing more important and we know you know the answer by now.

Warmest regards,

steelerfan

:+1: and #winning all at the same time!

psusnoop
07-27-2011, 12:42 PM
Im sure this has been passed around since the roster glitch was detected, but roster makers really need to know if the rosters will be salvaged or not with the new patch.

I know theres people here with connections to EA and I dont think that its asking too much to get EA to give us an answer to that question. Will we have to rename rosters once the patch comes out?

Im sure they know the answer to this by now and we need that answer. Rosters guys are going to be stuck for weeks. With some holding back, like me, who has thousands of info to put into the game. And there are some that are going forward anyway. I dont see that being too fair to the consumer. Guys like me will have lost weeks by not doing work if they can be saved. And guys like Luv will have lost weeks of work all for nothing if the rosters cannot be saved.

We really need to start pushing EA for an answer to this question. I see nothing more urgent than this.

maybe game freezes :dunno:

:D:D

Coach Kernzy
07-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Dear EA,

Warmest regards,

steelerfan

Best ever..........great stuff steelerfan.

jaymo76
07-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Dear EA,

Warmest regards,

steelerfan

...classic!

JBHuskers
07-27-2011, 12:48 PM
Best ever..........great stuff mors.

See, now people are thinking Steelerfan and Mors are the same person :D :D :D

Coach Kernzy
07-27-2011, 12:50 PM
Duly noted and changed, see my reason for editing as well :)

psusnoop
07-27-2011, 12:51 PM

SmoothPancakes
07-27-2011, 12:59 PM
maybe game freezes :dunno:

Agreed. While the roster/player tendencies issue is a big problem for some, overall, for the entire NCAA community, the custom playbook bug and the game freezes are by far the two biggest, and most urgent, issues right now in the game.

As for the rest of the thread, I'm currently having a combination of :D and :fp:.

:D

souljahbill
07-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Dear EA,

Warmest regards,

steelerfan

I am literally CRYING, that is so funny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ram29jackson
07-27-2011, 03:25 PM
Dear EA,

Warmest regards,

steelerfan

:D where is Rhombic? he can be testy, but I like him

GatorBait06NC
07-27-2011, 04:03 PM
I guess if you are in the inner kliq of TGT forums you dont have to abide by the TOS. Must be the highlight of your day. The people that posted in my thread are the only people who post at this site.

I must be the only one who bashes EA for putting out one unfinished product after another in this series. They know the answer, they said it will be in the patch, which means they know how to fix it and if the rosters would be fine.

Go look at luvtotha9s forum, dude is doing an insane amount of work and it could all be for nothing, for really no reason. Customer comes first, start you a business and you will learn it.

JBHuskers
07-27-2011, 04:10 PM
I don't really see any TOS violations here...and yeah you should expect that kind of reaction after completely trashing people by name, and now you're begging us to get a definite word on this situation and saying it's TOP PRIORITY when it really isn't. What other reaction would you have expected after the way you acted the other day?

Coach Kernzy
07-27-2011, 04:13 PM
...start you a business and you will learn it.

:fp:

Start you some of them there English lessons and you will learn 'em. :D

GatorBait06NC
07-27-2011, 04:13 PM
I don't really see any TOS violations here...and yeah you should expect that kind of reaction after completely trashing people by name, and now you're begging us to get a definite word on this situation and saying it's TOP PRIORITY when it really isn't. What other reaction would you have expected after the way you acted the other day?

steelerfans post wasnt an insult? seriously. I recall having an argument with one person before this dronis guy literally came in and cussed me out when I dont know the guy or havent said a word to the guy. I didnt act any certain way.

JBHuskers
07-27-2011, 04:15 PM
steelerfans post wasnt an insult? seriously. I recall having an argument with one person before this dronis guy literally came in and cussed me out when I dont know the guy or havent said a word to the guy. I didnt act any certain way.

He basically posted the truth of what went on the past couple of days. You completely trash devs by name, and now you want their help.

GatorBait06NC
07-27-2011, 04:15 PM
:fp:

Start you some of them there English lessons and you will learn 'em. :D

Guess that wasnt an insult either.

I OU a Beatn
07-27-2011, 04:33 PM
I must be the only one who bashes EA for putting out one unfinished product after another in this series. They know the answer, they said it will be in the patch, which means they know how to fix it and if the rosters would be fine.

Hardly. I've bashed EA over the years more than anyone(not about cleats, but I've definitely got my fair share of bashing in). I don't know why you keep throwing up back handed comments about how you apparently think no one posts here.

The answer to your question is this: They are guaranteed still WORKING on the patch. Just because a developer says something will be in the next patch doesn't mean they know what it does or does not affect, it means it's a high enough priority that they're not going to release the patch without that particular issue being fixed. With that knowledge, no one at EA probably even knows if their fix is going to mess up the rosters or not and they probably wont until the patch is finished and ready to be submitted for Sony/MS for approval, which is a 2 week process. Sometime during that 2 week process, I'm sure they'll let us know whether or not it will have an affect on current rosters. Chill out.

cdj
07-27-2011, 04:34 PM
Is it a full moon tonight? Everyone cool it.

Once EA discusses game update #2, we'll try and find out an answer if they haven't publicly given a statement on the matter.

ram29jackson
07-27-2011, 04:44 PM
Is it a full moon tonight? Everyone cool it.

Once EA discusses game update #2, we'll try and find out an answer if they haven't publicly given a statement on the matter.

the old-its the summer heat excuse? :dunno:

GatorBait06NC
07-27-2011, 04:57 PM
Hardly. I've bashed EA over the years more than anyone(not about cleats, but I've definitely got my fair share of bashing in). I don't know why you keep throwing up back handed comments about how you apparently think no one posts here.

The answer to your question is this: They are guaranteed still WORKING on the patch. Just because a developer says something will be in the next patch doesn't mean they know what it does or does not affect, it means it's a high enough priority that they're not going to release the patch without that particular issue being fixed. With that knowledge, no one at EA probably even knows if their fix is going to mess up the rosters or not and they probably wont until the patch is finished and ready to be submitted for Sony/MS for approval, which is a 2 week process. Sometime during that 2 week process, I'm sure they'll let us know whether or not it will have an affect on current rosters. Chill out.

"Im chill, kimono dog"

I just keep getting attacked by this little group of four of five people for really no reason. Didnt say anything to them personally, except the one guy smooth, who I apologized to. The rest are starting to look like a little kliq who try to one-up each other on laughs by taking shots at someone. Something I was told wouldnt be tolerated. They sit and break down every single one of my posts with backhanded insults.

I keep getting hell over the Florida cleat color, which I have mentioned 3 times. Once in my uniforms discussion thread, once in the glitch thread, and once in the proper thread for it once I found out where those threads were as the category they are in is misleading.

Also, never have I made it a big deal. Its always a tag line at the bottom of my posts regarding the major glitches like the whole VA Tech/BC fiasco in dynasty and RTG. These guys are making a bigger deal out of it than me.

gschwendt
07-27-2011, 05:04 PM
"Im chill, kimono dog"

I just keep getting attacked by this little group of four of five people for really no reason. Didnt say anything to them personally, except the one guy smooth, who I apologized to. The rest are starting to look like a little kliq who try to one-up each other on laughs by taking shots at someone. Something I was told wouldnt be tolerated. They sit and break down every single one of my posts with backhanded insults.

I keep getting hell over the Florida cleat color, which I have mentioned 3 times. Once in my uniforms discussion thread, once in the glitch thread, and once in the proper thread for it once I found out where those threads were as the category they are in is misleading.

Also, never have I made it a big deal. Its always a tag line at the bottom of my posts regarding the major glitches like the whole VA Tech/BC fiasco in dynasty and RTG. These guys are making a bigger deal out of it than me.
I'm sure it's largely to do with the attitude that you represented this past weekend. Trashing EA, trashing devs by name, saying the developers know nothing about football, saying EA has a monopoly on the game (which is inaccurate)... all of the same repeated lines that we've heard over and over through the course of the years when in fact they are untrue.

We created this site to get away from exactly that sort of mentality so there are people here that aggressively try to protect that, sometimes too aggressively.

At the end of the day, those that have been with us through the past year have the same goals in mind that we the admins did when we started the site. To discuss the game in a rational manner, flaws and all.

You're welcome to have opinions about the game, welcome to discuss problems with the game, but do so in a rational manner and in a way that we can relay that information directly to EA.

bdoughty
07-27-2011, 05:10 PM
Stuff

You catch more flies with honey. Maybe your best bet is to just eat a little crow for going after the Developers by name. Apologize for that (if you have not already) and then move on to simply discussing the game.

steelerfan
07-27-2011, 05:29 PM

-Florida has gotten crapped on this year as far as shoe color. Floridas cleats should be Orange. Im guessing the shoes match the team color. Last year Floridas team color was orange and had orange shoes, this year its blue. Why hasnt the NCAA team included alternate team colors. Florida just looks whack with blue cleats. Theres a Florida fan on the NCAA staff and they still couldnt get it right. Amazes me.

The colored cleats are loud in the game. They are very easy to notice. Florida doesnt look right wearing blue cleats. They should be orange. They had it right last year, why make it wrong all of the sudden??

EA are the ones promoting authenticity here. Just trying to keep it authentic, if you arent going to get the right colored shoes in the game, then why have them at all? Just go back to white and black.

Also, UF's cleat color is wrong because they changed Floridas team color on equipment from orange to blue. Whatever your team color on equipment is, is what color the cleats will be. Alternate team colors that most other sports games have is the problem solver.

Does anyone know if there is a thread to post corrections for the NCAA developmental team?? Whether its on this site or not. Im kind of bummed that Florida has blue cleats instead of Orange, it was right last year, so leave it to EA to screw it up. Im assuming that is has something to do with Floridas "team color" in player customization being blue this year instead of orange like last year. Why cant NCAA has a secondary team color like every other sports game ever. Florida players wear ORANGE cleats, NOT blue.

Give Florida orange cleats, I figured EA would fix UFs cleat colors before any of the game breaking issues anyway.

Oh, ok. My bad.

GatorBait06NC
07-27-2011, 05:36 PM
Oh, ok. My bad.

Lol, nice try though. 3 of those posts are in the same thread. Also in the thread that I started about uniforms discussion while killing time. Get real guy. You still on that?

JBHuskers
07-27-2011, 05:38 PM
As Tommy said in a post earlier, walk away and drop it.

GatorBait06NC
07-27-2011, 05:40 PM
I'm sure it's largely to do with the attitude that you represented this past weekend. Trashing EA, trashing devs by name, saying the developers know nothing about football, saying EA has a monopoly on the game (which is inaccurate)... all of the same repeated lines that we've heard over and over through the course of the years when in fact they are untrue.

We created this site to get away from exactly that sort of mentality so there are people here that aggressively try to protect that, sometimes too aggressively.

At the end of the day, those that have been with us through the past year have the same goals in mind that we the admins did when we started the site. To discuss the game in a rational manner, flaws and all.

You're welcome to have opinions about the game, welcome to discuss problems with the game, but do so in a rational manner and in a way that we can relay that information directly to EA.

Everything that you pointed out was said in one post, one time. I said one developers last name. Not developer(s). The only reason I mentioned this guy was because he is the one promoting these "making of" shows when they should be focusing on patching the game that they have already released.

I apologize for saying the one guys name, even if he was the best developer to walk the earth, hes still a Florida State fan and i wouldnt have much love for him either way.

GatorBait06NC
07-27-2011, 05:44 PM
As Tommy said in a post earlier, walk away and drop it.

Dropped, even though I havent said a word to this steelersfan at all, so keep in mind who is directing all their posts at who. What this guy says doesnt bother me at all, its obvious that he wants to spend his day researching my every word. I have a fan, thats awesome.

bdoughty
07-27-2011, 05:47 PM
Dropped, even though I havent said a word to this steelersfan at all, so keep in mind who is directing all their posts at who. What this guy says doesnt bother me at all, its obvious that he wants to spend his day researching my every word. I have a fan, thats awesome.

To drop it would be to not continue harping on it.

Flies, honey, did you catch that one? :fp:

GatorBait06NC
07-27-2011, 05:47 PM
I made one post on Saturday that went too far. My bad I was pissed, I apologize. Im human. But in no way does it justify being attacked by the same few people who mock almost every post that I make. You have to understand that.

JBHuskers
07-27-2011, 05:50 PM

JBHuskers
07-27-2011, 05:52 PM
I made one post on Saturday that went too far. My bad I was pissed, I apologize. Im human. But in no way does it justify being attacked by the same few people who mock almost every post that I make. You have to understand that.

More like four posts that went too far...case closed, and so is this thread.