PDA

View Full Version : Help with Freezing

th3 last tiger
07-27-2011, 11:14 AM
I don't know if any of you have run into this problem, but today for some reason the game cannot get past the very first loading screen after selecting a storage device. It is not the disc.

1st. Has anyone else had this problem?
2nd. Ideas on how to fix it?

cdj
07-27-2011, 11:20 AM
Are you on the Press Start screen?

If so, I think the fix is to delete your roster file. Once you get into the game, redownload it from someone via EA Locker and you should be good.

th3 last tiger
07-27-2011, 01:15 PM
Thanks its fixed now, but why did it freeze?

Kerbs
07-28-2011, 09:48 PM
Same thing happened to me. It happened when I shut the system down during an autosave.

gigemaggs99
07-28-2011, 11:19 PM
Are you on the Press Start screen?

If so, I think the fix is to delete your roster file. Once you get into the game, redownload it from someone via EA Locker and you should be good.

This is VERY confusing to me. If EA doesn't want to release the rosters due to player names and money and all that yada yada yada...then why do they have the option to "download/upload share rosters?" It's like they know it's possible to have rosters but don't want to condone it. It seems like they are opening up a can of worms by allowing the roster file to "possibly" cause issues. If they were the ones releasing it then perhaps they too could be the ones testing it.

It seems like the rosters are one of the biggest attractions that everyone goes after, once the game is released. Are we to believe EA tests all their versions of this game WITHOUT rosters, yet they include this "share rosters" feature?

I'm just saying, if it truely is the rosters files giving the program fits, why not remove the option to share roster files? I'm all for rosters, but if it means messing up ODs and freezing the game durning load screens then I'd much MUCH rather play with numbers or just use the auto-generate player names. Realistically once you get a few seasons into your OD the names will all be made up anyways.

steelerfan
07-29-2011, 01:45 AM
The idea that named rosters are causing OD advance issues is pure speculation.

I am using named rosters and my OD is in Bowl season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

gigemaggs99
07-29-2011, 08:53 AM
The idea that named rosters are causing OD advance issues is pure speculation.

I am using named rosters and my OD is in Bowl season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Well great! I wish I had your luck. I don't understand what the deal is then. I guess we just wait....when I go on EA's site there are numerous posts about this but none from EA.