PDA

View Full Version : Buckeye02's Rags to Riches Dynasty

buckeye02
07-21-2011, 11:16 PM
Since Justice seems to be M.I.A. i would like to start up a similar dynasty with the same rules.

Console & League name - (PS3) Rags to Riches

League Difficulty: All-American (7 minute quarters) Recruiting difficulty: All-American

Teams available/custom conference layout: Everyone will start out as a head coach at a 1 star program. I will be transferring TCU to the Big East after the first year.

Schedule (How quickly will weeks be advanced): Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday night at 12am Central. Will advance sooner if everyone has played there games. Will start Dynasty once named rosters are available.

Scheduling: Use PSN or this website.

Rules: One restart per season, consider this a mulligan if your power goes out, or you lose connection to the network. If you restart 2 times you will be docked 10 scholarships. 3 times, you will be out of the league no questions asked. A new year starts the rules over, but if you consistently have 2 restarts a year you will be asked to leave.

Schedule 1-2 user games per season. (With coaching carousel and what conferences you transfer into this number could go up.)

Looking for players who will be in this for the long haul, not ones who will be dropping out after the first month. When the shiny newness of the game wears off.
Please include a little about yourself when you respond. Favorite Team/ Age/ Time Zone/ When you would be available for PvP games. How long have you been with NCAA Football? Any other relevant information.
Once the league is full (12 members) we will do a team draft in random order.

Gameplay: Play the game like a real football game. If you don’t know that means please look for a league elsewhere.

I also ask that you are a frequent poster here on thegamingtailgate. Most of the dynasty info you will need to know will be here in this thread.

I will be using my alternate PSN Block-O so that i can add all 11 people in the dynasty.

Participants

Block-O (commish)
Basmare
Mario8267
xAmishWarriorx
SIX------
BeeBallin_27
Soonerfan09

Mario8267
07-22-2011, 02:37 AM
I'm in!

buckeye02
07-22-2011, 04:25 AM
I'm guessing Mario8267 is your PSN name as well?

Basmare
07-22-2011, 04:32 AM
Here are my details (thx for accepting me buckeye02):

Time Zone: CEST GMT+1 - Central European
Availability: On weekdays for all americans in the afternoon and mornings and usually anytime on weekends
PSN: Basmare

buckeye02
07-22-2011, 04:45 AM
Here are my details (thx for accepting me buckeye02):

Time Zone: CEST GMT+1 - Central European
Availability: On weekdays for all americans in the afternoon and mornings and usually anytime on weekends
PSN: Basmare

Im worried about your internet connection with us here in the states. You'd beter have a damn good connection.

Basmare
07-22-2011, 04:46 AM
Im worried about your internet connection with us here in the states. You'd beter have a damn good connection.

I play madden 11 too - 5-4 with 0% DNF on the 360. I'm very confident, but if you want to tryout that is possible. I will try some online stuff later today and come back to you.

buckeye02
07-22-2011, 04:54 AM
Yeah thats cool man. I'll add you to my Block-O name and we could get a game going to see how the connection holds up. I have very good connection by the way.

Mario8267
07-22-2011, 05:02 AM

yup :)

Basmare
07-22-2011, 05:18 AM
Just tried a game vs a guy in the states. All was well, down 14-0 in the third when suddenly the connection broke down while I was on offense. It said the connection was lost to the opponent, no idea how though.
EDIT: After I quit the game, the game froze. This is the third time the game froze on me in total.

Just FYI, I got a 16 Mb/sec connection which download capacity is at 1,5 MB/sec. Personally I have no trouble with the connection all around the world, but you never quite know, huh?
The game says I connect 2 stripes out of 3 with other people, just like in madden.

buckeye02
07-22-2011, 05:29 AM
Because im a donator to the site, i can get a sub forum where i can keep up with stats, awards, verbal commits....etc.

Basmare
07-22-2011, 06:13 AM
Because im a donator to the site, i can get a sub forum where i can keep up with stats, awards, verbal commits....etc.

Great stuff! Great deal of respect for the work you did with gator on the rosters.
BTW, just went a full game without problems, but two pick sixes and a punt fumble for a TD cost me a lot - lost 13-31.

buckeye02
07-22-2011, 06:30 AM
I know the difficulty is set to AA, but i'd be willing to tinker with a slider set that further enhances the enjoyment of the dynasty.

Basmare
07-22-2011, 06:34 AM
I know the difficulty is set to AA, but i'd be willing to tinker with a slider set that further enhances the enjoyment of the dynasty.

That's cool. Personally I use the steelerfan sliderset in dynasty, only with less holding calls.

buckeye02
07-22-2011, 06:42 AM
Now lets just get 9 more dedicated players.

Amish
07-22-2011, 11:31 AM
i'm in
psn: xAmishWarriorx
central US , weeknights and weekends

WillBee1
07-22-2011, 11:39 AM
I'd be willing to join. I'm new here at TGT but like the atmosphere so far...

Favorite Team: :Florida_State:

Time Zone: EDT live in Florida

1st year back playing any football video games after 2-3 years, pretty activate on NBA 2K series tho

Avail. Mon-Thu 2-5pm EDT and anytime on the weekends

I play sim and within the common sense rules.

DAGREATFSU
07-22-2011, 12:52 PM
I am looking for a good dynasty had ncaa every year since ps2. I am an avid florida state fan.
my psn is SIX------. I am available pretty much every weekday after 5 pm central time. Also most weekends.

buckeye02
07-22-2011, 02:34 PM
I'd be willing to join. I'm new here at TGT but like the atmosphere so far...

Favorite Team: :Florida_State:

Time Zone: EDT live in Florida

1st year back playing any football video games after 2-3 years, pretty activate on NBA 2K series tho

Avail. Mon-Thu 2-5pm EDT and anytime on the weekends

I play sim and within the common sense rules.

Your PSN is BeeBallin_27 correct?

WillBee1
07-22-2011, 05:06 PM
Your PSN is BeeBallin_27 correct?

Yeah, I sent you a friend request earlier...

Soonerfan09
07-22-2011, 08:47 PM
Since Justice seems to be M.I.A. i would like to start up a similar dynasty with the same rules.

Console & League name - (PS3) Rags to Riches

League Difficulty: All-American (7 minute quarters)

Teams available/custom conference layout: Everyone will start out as a head coach at a 1 star program. I will be transferring TCU to the Big East after the first year.

Schedule (How quickly will weeks be advanced): Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday night at 12am Central. Will advance sooner if everyone has played there games. Will start Dynasty once named rosters are available.

Scheduling: Use PSN or this website.

Rules: One restart per season, consider this a mulligan if your power goes out, or you lose connection to the network. If you restart 2 times you will be docked 10 scholarships. 3 times, you will be out of the league no questions asked. A new year starts the rules over, but if you consistently have 2 restarts a year you will be asked to leave.

Schedule 1-2 user games per season. (With coaching carousel and what conferences you transfer into this number could go up.)

Looking for players who will be in this for the long haul, not ones who will be dropping out after the first month. When the shiny newness of the game wears off.
Please include a little about yourself when you respond. Favorite Team/ Age/ Time Zone/ When you would be available for PvP games. How long have you been with NCAA Football? Any other relevant information.
Once the league is full (12 members) we will do a team draft in random order.

Gameplay: Play the game like a real football game. If you don’t know that means please look for a league elsewhere.

I also ask that you are a frequent poster here on thegamingtailgate. Most of the dynasty info you will need to know will be here in this thread.

I will be using my alternate PSN Block-O so that i can add all 11 people in the dynasty.

Participants

Block-O (commish)
Basmare
Mario8267
xAmishWarriorx
SIX------
BeeBallin_27

Favorite Team - OU
Age - 22
Time Zone - Central
When you would be available for PvP games - Differs from day to day, but I'm available at some point on most days and almost always later in the night
How long have you been with NCAA Football? NCAA Football '96
Any other relevant information - I would actually like to see the slider set you choose before I sign up for good, but I like the idea of the dynasty. Also, I assume recruiting difficulty will be AA?

Mario8267
07-22-2011, 09:22 PM

How will we be selecting teams? Just curious, I may have missed that in your original post.....

Mario8267
07-22-2011, 10:01 PM
....... Nevermind, I just read the first post again :)

buckeye02
07-22-2011, 10:09 PM
Favorite Team - OU
Age - 22
Time Zone - Central
When you would be available for PvP games - Differs from day to day, but I'm available at some point on most days and almost always later in the night
How long have you been with NCAA Football? NCAA Football '96
Any other relevant information - I would actually like to see the slider set you choose before I sign up for good, but I like the idea of the dynasty. Also, I assume recruiting difficulty will be AA?

I'm open to all slider suggestions. I'm thinking of using Steelers' AA sliders for the first year( minus the 9 min quarters). Then after the first year i'll listen to suggestions and make the changes if the majority want a change. I'd like to keep the same slider set for a whole season before changing them. Meaning any slider changes will come after the season is over. We are all going to be 1* teams to start out. The CPU games shouldnt be easy wins. The first few season should be pretty difficult. Yes, recruiting is set to AA.

Soonerfan09
07-22-2011, 10:28 PM
Sounds good. I've been using Steelerfan's sliders, and they're pretty challenging, so if that's that route you choose, count me in.

buckeye02
07-22-2011, 10:42 PM
Can't wait to get the dynasty filled and have the draft. I see there are about 20-22 1* teams, so even the person picking last will have a pretty good selection.

WillBee1
07-22-2011, 10:46 PM
Should be fun starting out with 1* programs...

buckeye02
07-22-2011, 10:58 PM
Should be fun starting out with 1* programs...

I think it will be fun to see who will want to bring up 1* teams or who will want to move up to a different team if you have the chance to get promoted.

BAMAgot13
07-23-2011, 07:45 AM
I'm down tonplay if spots still available. Psn bama_boi_0912
favorite team- BAMA
Age 23
Time zone: central
PvP time- I work over night so wen I get off in the mornings I'm open to play a few games then. This is sun-wed. Thur thru sat I can play a few games also.
I have been with the series since the 2000's.

Deuce
07-23-2011, 08:48 AM
I'm in...psn-deuce1234

Favorite team is OU and I'm uhhh old, really old (40). :D. So as you can imagine I've been playing NCAA since the Bill Walsh days. I'm available most evenings from 6-9 CST and most anytime during the weekends. I'm married with 2 kids and live in north Texas.

In my offline dynasties I always start with a 1* team and build them up. I'm just about to start my 4th season and still have not been to a bowl. 4-8, 4-7, and 7-5 in my first three seasons. And this is all on default gameplay sliders...if we use :sf:'s sliders??? I'm scared, very scared!!! ;) Should be fun!

buckeye02
07-23-2011, 02:13 PM
I'm not going to be running this OD. There are too many just like it here on the site, so i joined up with one of those. I only like to commit to one dynasty. Mainly because i dont have the time to do multiple.

Basmare
07-23-2011, 02:16 PM
Oh ok I understand now. The searching continues...

The MoonMan 804
07-23-2011, 03:10 PM
What's up everybody. I'm looking for a good Online Dynasty to Join.:nod:

PSN-ID (The MoonMan 804)

Basmare
07-23-2011, 03:11 PM
What's up everybody. I'm looking for a good Online Dynasty to Join.:nod:

PSN-ID (The MoonMan 804)

I'll join you... since every dynasty I try to join gets cut off before it starts...

The MoonMan 804
07-23-2011, 03:32 PM
Ok cool,.... I might start my own Online-Dynasty soon, if i can't find one worth the wait.

buckeye02
07-23-2011, 05:17 PM
Why dont you guys join the GBN dynasty. 2 spots are left. The thread is located in the donator online dynasties forum at the bottom of the main page.

gn7593
07-23-2011, 07:33 PM
Still have room?

Favorite team: USC aka NCAA whipping boys.

Been playing since Carson Palmer was on the cover. I'm in Boise and i hate Boise St. So i have the mountain time zone.

I'm available usually in the afternoons and night and most weekends.

I've never used sliders though. So be gentle if you could.

PSN: gn7593

Mario8267
07-23-2011, 07:38 PM
I am creating a dynasty and have a thread going nowvas well.