PDA

View Full Version : ***Let's Party Like It's 1989*** PS3 - 3 SPOTS LEFT!!!

majesty95
07-21-2011, 02:06 PM
I am new to this forum but have been on OS for years. Like many, I'm growing apart from OS and found you guys here. I have an online dynasty that I am running on the Iowa message boards at rivals.com. I'm not a Hawkeye fan but my buddy recruited me over there and we have 10-12 really good users over there and lot of interaction between each other. We are currently down to 3 spots remaining for my latest dynasty creation and I'd like to invite some of you guys to join!

First off, before you sign up please be prepared to play at least two games per week and commit to at least two seasons. Like I said, we are an active, serious group and we are looking for like individuals. Here is a breakdown of the dynasty:

As a young lad down here in cow country, I began watching college football in the late-80's. The Southwest Conference and the Big 8 were the big conferences in this era and about all you could watch on TV back then. At that time, there was no BCS and no conference championship games. A team's fate at the end of the year was largely dependent on their play, their schedule and the pollsters. Ahhh, what a great time for college football. I always wished I could go back and relieve that time in an NCAA game and now we can. So, with that, I announce the "Let's Party Like Its 1989" interest/hype thread.

I wanted to differentiate this one from all of the others so several things will be unique to this dynasty:

The big six conferences (Big 8, SWC, Pac 10, Big 10, SEC and ACC) will all be formatted like they were in 1989.
Custom BCS tie-ins (Orange - Big 8 vs ACC or ACC vs Open; Sugar - SEC vs Open; Rose - Big 10 vs Pac 10; Fiesta - SWC vs Open or SWC vs Big 8)
No conference championships (Your play and the polls decide your fate)
Three users per conference (The first four conferences that have a team selected will be used)
No 6-star teams can be used (forces you to use different teams and keeps the CPU somewhat competitive)
Custom non-conference schedule draft (see below)

So, besides 1989 conference alignment, no conference championships, custom bcs tie-ins and 6-star restriction there will also be a custom non-conference schedule draft. The non-conference schedule draft will take place after the team draft in reverse order. Each non-conference grouping will feature one user team and six CPU teams (giving you two user non-conference games). Some will be easier than others. The idea is to give the guys at the end of the team draft more control over their destiny as well as to let teams dictate their fate by their schedule. Will an easier non-conference schedule benefit you in the polls or should you try to go through a meat grinder of a schedule and hope a 1 or 2 loss season gets you in the National Championship game? Also, the team that drafts you on their non-conference schedule will impact you as well

Each season you will get your two user games and then a rotating schedule of the non-conference opponents. After two seasons, we will re-draft non-conferences schedules based on win-loss record during the first two seasons from worst-to-first (this gives the struggling teams a chance to bounce back and challenges the good teams more). We will rinse and repeat that method every two seasons.

I think that this format will force everyone to think a little about their team, their conference and their schedule. It also gives you a chance to experience a completely different dynamic in the game and see some interesting things happen in the post season. I will begin an interest thread and we will draft teams and then schedules as we fill up.

A few MUST's first.

You MUST be committed to fair play (if you don't know what that is, please do not apply)
You MUST be committed to playing at least TWO seasons and two games per week.

We have a thread on Rivals (http://iowa.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=940&fid=1496&style=2) that most of the members are active in. I would prefer you sign up for free over there and interact with us in those forums to stay up-to-date on everything. It is a very close knit community that loves gaming.

We have 3 spots left so get in now if would like to join us!

Interested Owners

Conferences/Teams

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c24/majesty95/1989.jpg

Amish
07-22-2011, 11:33 AM
id be interested to join.
psn: xAmishWarriorx

What would make it even better would be if someone made a vintage roster file for the teams too. but it would be tough for that to correct on the ratings.

majesty95
07-22-2011, 01:17 PM
I thought about that with TeamBuilder teams. There were a few that were really god but many were flawed so I scrapped it.

We filled up the league last night but I can keep you on the list as an alternate if someone bails or, at worst, for next season. Let me know. PSN: majesty95

The MoonMan 804
07-23-2011, 03:37 PM
What's up everybody. I'm looking for a good Online Dynasty to Join.

If i can't find one this way i guess i will have to put on my commissioners hat and start my own.

PSN-ID (THE MOONMAN 804)

majesty95
07-23-2011, 06:01 PM
We had two spots open up. We are currently drafting teams for the league. It looks like the two spots available will be for the Pac-10. The first two users to send me a friend request on PSN (majesty95) and then message me with your top two choices from the Pac-10 (USC and Oregon are 6* programs and not available) will get the spots.

Just remember, we plan to advance AT LEAST every three days and want owners who are committed to at least two seasons. The two new owners will get the first two picks in the non-conf schedule draft so it is suggested you join for free on the rivals boards (http://iowa.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=940&fid=1496&style=2) to draft your schedule and follow along on league happenings.

Let's get it on!

majesty95
07-23-2011, 07:05 PM
Just filled one spot so one spot open...

The MoonMan 804
07-23-2011, 07:16 PM
ok

hawkeyeguy
07-23-2011, 08:23 PM
Very cool idea, hope you'll be updating on here

majesty95
07-24-2011, 12:41 AM
Spots are full. I will post updates in here. Hopefully we can get a waitlist going for whenever we need to add a person.

majesty95
07-25-2011, 01:59 PM
Hey hawkeyeguy, check out the rivals (http://iowa.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=940&fid=1496&style=2&Reset=) forum. Its for hawkeye fans and NCAA players!

majesty95
07-25-2011, 02:00 PM
We might have a spot open in the Pac-10. Grr, I hate people that sign up and then disappear. Get with it people!