PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for rules for editing players in Online Dynasty

PDuncanOSU
07-21-2011, 10:00 AM
I thought I'd start a thread to see how Online Dynasty commissioners were planning on handling player edits for new recruits.
The online dynasty I'm commish of is in the first year and has 2 users, OC of Colorado State (me) and OC of San Diego State. We waited on rosters so are only through week 2 now, but I'm trying to decide if I will allow any recruit edits at the start of year 2. The recruit tha had me thinking about it is a 2* Athlete that is 6'-5" 195 lbs with B+ speed, but D+ acceleration and will probably be a receiver . I'm guessing B+ will put him in the high=80s speed and D+ will put him at high 60s in acceleration. These ratings don't seem to make much sense so I'm trying to figure out if I should edit his acceleration if he signs with me, and what a reasonable level would be. I was thinking moving it to around 75-79 would make sense. Any thoughts?

ram29jackson
07-21-2011, 01:25 PM
heres a rule- dont change anything- very simple

PDuncanOSU
07-21-2011, 01:32 PM
heres a rule- dont change anything- very simple

That is definitely one of the options I'm considering, and probably what I will end up doing. I thought one of the perks of being able to edit player ratings in dynasty, though, was being able to fix ratings for cpu generated recruits that didn't make sense. I thought B+ speed and D+ accel for an ATH/WR recruit qualified as ratings that didn't make sense and was curious if others had seen recruits like this and how they handled it.

Pig Bomb
07-21-2011, 02:09 PM
one idea i had was to give each member of the dynasty a certain number of points [say 8-10 pts]

then they could decide how to allocate them towards their recruits [you could also limit this and say maybe only 2 recruits can be adjusted]

then the members tell you what they want and you edit it

so it would look something like like this

coach TrenchWarXB360 : NC State
+5 to ACC RB Henry Thomas [current acceleration 80]
+5 to Speed CB Gary Reynolds [current speed 84]

Then you could go in and give a pop to two players on each of the top 20 CPU teams as well