PDA

View Full Version : Uniforms Discussion

GatorBait06NC
07-21-2011, 03:23 AM
I got bored while taking in this whole Roster Glitch ordeal and started looking through all of the unis that they included in the game for 2012.

First off, Im wondering why they keep removing uniforms that they had in previous versions of the game. It makes no sense. If it was put in there once, it should always be there. Jeez.

-Florida has gotten crapped on this year as far as shoe color. Floridas cleats should be Orange. Im guessing the shoes match the team color. Last year Floridas team color was orange and had orange shoes, this year its blue. Why hasnt the NCAA team included alternate team colors. Florida just looks whack with blue cleats. Theres a Florida fan on the NCAA staff and they still couldnt get it right. Amazes me.

Florida also gets crapped on in the Pro Combat section. Why give us our 09 and 10 Pro Combat unis and not give us the helmets??? Should have just left them out completely. I understand that the 09 helmet was left out bc Meyer though it was a curse, but hes gone now. And its just a game. The helmet makes the 09 pro combat unis, without it the uniforms are junk.

-Something else I noticed was that they took out Georgia's black jerseys and helmet???Why did they do that. The jerseys have been in many previous NCAA titles.

-I feel the game should include more throwbacks whether the schools wear them or not, just for the fun of it. EA always like to focus more on silly little unis and equipment so I am suprised that this hasnt happened yet. Like South Carolinas black helmets or Miss States Maroon or White helmets. Maybe Ole Miss's old blue helmets.

Just got bored and started ranting about uniforms. I havent really caught anymore that they have left out.

Anyone know when a correction thread for the NCAA development team will go up on this site, just curious?

buckeye02
07-21-2011, 04:41 AM
I would've liked to see the black UGA unis. Get the pro combat code working yet?

cdj
07-21-2011, 06:55 AM
It seems that some schools are funny about some of the uniforms they want in-game. One of the few times the team has mentioned a school asking/stating that a certain uniform not be in the game includes UF and those specific helmets.

It our pre-release discussion, someone else asked about the UGA uniforms and a user noted that UGA is not wearing them this season (and likely for the foreseeable future) and that's likely why they had EA remove them. Everything school related (uniforms, field art, stadium) has to get signed off on by the school and CLC to be in the game.

I think many agree with you on use of secondary team colors for equipment and accessories. I've heard that request more this year than ever.

Corrections and wish list items go in the proper threads here (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?8-Wishlist-amp-Feedback).

kindella2
07-21-2011, 10:21 AM
Dammit...i LOVED the all black UGA uni. Well its up to the school as to what they want in but damm i am now hurt beyond belief.:(

ram29jackson
07-21-2011, 12:29 PM
Dammit...i LOVED the all black UGA uni. Well its up to the school as to what they want in but damm i am now hurt beyond belief.:(

this shows the school has more taste then the general public. Those black uni's were just typical stuff any team-builder- 14 year old could make and had no flavor. they did the black one season/one time for a little fun and motivation, not as a staple in their body of work.

and seriously,..why worry about whether florida has Blue or orange cleats? Not worth talking about at all.

I do find it interesting that in team-builder, they have the Pitt and WV Nike Combat uni's...I did notice yesterday that the Pitt ones arent in game.

Equipment is not silly..bring back-THE CLUB- and some old school facemasks

BigDmo
07-21-2011, 02:22 PM

Knowing EA, if they brought back old equipment for the sole purpose of allowing you to create better historic teams, I bet the old equipment would find its way into the rotation of players and recruits and we would have to fix it ourselves.

ram29jackson
07-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Knowing EA, if they brought back old equipment for the sole purpose of allowing you to create better historic teams, I bet the old equipment would find its way into the rotation of players and recruits and we would have to fix it ourselves.

they had them in the early 2000s theres no reason for them not to have them now. And I doubt you are correct because odds are they have some sort of pre-set for alot of it. i dont need them for historic teams, I just want them for offline personal preference..although team-builder games are fun and were/are needed.

OptionMasta
07-21-2011, 03:54 PM
they had them in the early 2000s theres no reason for them not to have them now. And I doubt you are correct because odds are they have some sort of pre-set for alot of it. i dont need them for historic teams, I just want them for offline personal preference..although team-builder games are fun and were/are needed.

I think DMO is right. We'd have WRs running around with old school full cage facemasks, etc.

DuffHouse12
07-21-2011, 04:45 PM
how about some two-toned socks?

http://media.trb.com/media/photo/2010-11/185558240-20190120.jpg

are Army's digi-camo uniforms in the game?

also - mid-cut socks are just simply too low.

as far as alternate colors for equipment/shoes - YES dude. 100% agree. i would much rather be able to put green or gold equipment on my Notre Dame guys than Black. Black looks awful.

when do we get to save weather kits? should I have to edit every player's equipment in the 3rd weekend of October? don't think so.

The U
07-22-2011, 03:18 PM
Army's camo are the coolest uni's on the game!

ram29jackson
07-22-2011, 03:40 PM
Army's camo are the coolest uni's on the game!

actually, its a really stupid idea for a football concept. but its an easy association for people to make-Army=camo..just a cute interesting oddity is all. but whos going to tell the Army it sucks ?LOL

dont get me wrong..i like things just to see them for their trendiness and newness and uniqueness, but those uniforms are just ugly as football uniforms....unless they make a field to match it !

Navy was cooler back in the 50s or 60s (not sure ) because they would put a different logo on their helmet each year for one game to symbolize one thing or another towards their rival..either Army or someone else

they showed the Rose bowl the other day with oregon and Ohio State and Oregon was wearing the Green jersey with slver wings and silver/grey numbers with a yellow border...I realized, if someone had done this on teambuilder if it didnt exist in real life, my first thought would be -"what a piece of childish crap "- ..and thats the way it should be in real life. No one should make a jersey like that and think to themselves-"hey,look at the cool thing I made "-...but some well paid Nike boy did

The U
07-22-2011, 08:03 PM
actually, its a really stupid idea for a football concept. but its an easy association for people to make-Army=camo..just a cute interesting oddity is all. but whos going to tell the Army it sucks ?LOL

dont get me wrong..i like things just to see them for their trendiness and newness and uniqueness, but those uniforms are just ugly as football uniforms....unless they make a field to match it !

Navy was cooler back in the 50s or 60s (not sure ) because they would put a different logo on their helmet each year for one game to symbolize one thing or another towards their rival..either Army or someone else

they showed the Rose bowl the other day with oregon and Ohio State and Oregon was wearing the Green jersey with slver wings and silver/grey numbers with a yellow border...I realized, if someone had done this on teambuilder if it didnt exist in real life, my first thought would be -"what a piece of childish crap "- ..and thats the way it should be in real life. No one should make a jersey like that and think to themselves-"hey,look at the cool thing I made "-...but some well paid Nike boy did

I agree that its a stupid idea for football, but I will fall into the association with army and camo. I think the association of the camo to army is what makes it cool.

buckeye02
07-22-2011, 10:15 PM
this shows the school has more taste then the general public. Those black uni's were just typical stuff any team-builder- 14 year old could make and had no flavor. they did the black one season/one time for a little fun and motivation, not as a staple in their body of work.

and seriously,..why worry about whether florida has Blue or orange cleats? Not worth talking about at all.

I do find it interesting that in team-builder, they have the Pitt and WV Nike Combat uni's...I did notice yesterday that the Pitt ones arent in game.

Maybe not to you, but Florida fans and people who pay close attention to detail find it a little worth talking about. If it were your team it would probably be different.

LaStickJames21
07-22-2011, 10:20 PM
yeah they missed on a lot of the uniforms oregond unis from the national title the home version of those that we are wearing on sept. 3rd thats black black number black wings and lightning yellow accents around the numbers the swoosh and oregon on front also there should be more cleats seeing as poregon has about 4 of them that arent in the game the lightning yellow and the all chrome for example very frustrating to play a game with a title in the future that doesnt even follow the uniforms for the year of the game

ram29jackson
07-22-2011, 10:29 PM
Maybe not to you, but Florida fans and people who pay close attention to detail find it a little worth talking about. If it were your team it would probably be different.

LOL it might be something I would notice but would care less about. Its not worth the time of day...granted its hard to screw up black cleats for Penn State LOL

buckeye02
07-22-2011, 10:29 PM
yeah they missed on a lot of the uniforms oregond unis from the national title the home version of those that we are wearing on sept. 3rd thats black black number black wings and lightning yellow accents around the numbers the swoosh and oregon on front also there should be more cleats seeing as poregon has about 4 of them that arent in the game the lightning yellow and the all chrome for example very frustrating to play a game with a title in the future that doesnt even follow the uniforms for the year of the game

EA cant afford full time Oregon uniform employees. Thats about what it would take for them to get Oregon's jerseys perfect.

buckeye02
07-22-2011, 10:32 PM
LOL it might be something I would notice but would care less about. Its not worth the time of day...granted its hard to screw up black cleats for Penn State LOL

If Penn State had white cleats there would be a threads all over the web complaining about it. If they can get Florida's blue and orange messed up, they can get Penn State's black and whited messed up. Dont assume its hard for them to screw up.

ram29jackson
07-22-2011, 10:38 PM
If EA messed up and gave PSU the worng color there would be threads all over the web compaining about it.

yes,..complaints from children

buckeye02
07-22-2011, 10:39 PM
yes,..complaints from children

So, you wouldn't mention it whatsoever? I believe you wouldn't be too happy about ti.

SmoothPancakes
07-22-2011, 10:46 PM
So, you wouldn't mention it whatsoever? I believe you wouldn't be too happy about ti.

If Navy had different cleats of different colors, no, I wouldn't care. I don't give a damn about shoes. Uniforms, the actual jersey and pants are one thing. I'm not looking at, nor give a damn about shoes when playing the game.

buckeye02
07-22-2011, 10:56 PM
If Navy had different cleats of different colors, no, I wouldn't care. I don't give a damn about shoes. Uniforms, the actual jersey and pants are one thing. I'm not looking at, nor give a damn about shoes when playing the game.

To each his own i guess

SmoothPancakes
07-22-2011, 11:05 PM
To each his own i guess

True. Some of us look at things differently. If EA screwed up Navy's jersey or pants or left something out (like the Navy Pro Combats for some reason in NCAA 13), then yes, I would be pissed and would be raising all hell. Same with the helmets. All those are things that I distinctly see and notice during gameplay. But cleats, I couldn't even tell you what color cleats Florida International wears, and I'm playing an offline dynasty and a coach mode online dynasty with them. Cleats are something I literally never look at and couldn't care less if the colors were right or wrong for Navy, or some other random team.

But, that's just me, and as you said, to each his own.

DuffHouse12
07-22-2011, 11:09 PM
the cleats matter big time when taking photos. so do a lot of the equipment features. unfortunately for me, Notre Dame has an Adidas equipment contract, and there is literally no such thing as a weaker shoe-game than what the Adidas camp rolls out. you Nike/UA guys don't know how good you have it!

coolest shoes in all of college sports - Georgetown Hoya Men's Basketball Air Jordan XI Cool Grey

If I could play as Cierre Wood running around in some Air Jordans I'd never leave my house. but i'm something of a sneaker enthusiast.

ram29jackson
07-22-2011, 11:17 PM
I like great detail and color but if it isnt there, I am not going to post on forums about it like some campaign.
and a few kids on a forum shouldnt be the reason you realize you got something wrong. Thats an easy detail for a research department.

GatorBait06NC
07-23-2011, 11:31 PM
The colored cleats are loud in the game. They are very easy to notice. Florida doesnt look right wearing blue cleats. They should be orange. They had it right last year, why make it wrong all of the sudden??

EA are the ones promoting authenticity here. Just trying to keep it authentic, if you arent going to get the right colored shoes in the game, then why have them at all? Just go back to white and black.

GatorBait06NC
07-23-2011, 11:37 PM
Also, UF's cleat color is wrong because they changed Floridas team color on equipment from orange to blue. Whatever your team color on equipment is, is what color the cleats will be. Alternate team colors that most other sports games have is the problem solver.

ram29jackson
07-24-2011, 12:39 AM
that would be nice