PDA

View Full Version : Disrespectful

stanfordfan1
07-20-2011, 09:54 PM
did anyone see the phillies vs cubs game today during the 7th inning strech i saw what appeared to be a young girl texting i thought kids were supposed to sing during the 7th inning stretch so disrespectful

SmoothPancakes
07-20-2011, 09:55 PM
Is this serious or a joke? I can't tell which one it's supposed to be.

bdoughty
07-20-2011, 10:19 PM
Was it televised? :P

stanfordfan1
07-20-2011, 10:23 PM
serious

SmoothPancakes
07-20-2011, 10:47 PM
In that case, people still actually sing during the 7th inning stretch?

stanfordfan1
07-20-2011, 11:05 PM
yes i know i do

bdoughty
07-21-2011, 12:19 AM
If this was the National Anthem I could understand but this was at Wrigley. Don't they still sing, "Take me out to the ballgame" during the 7th inning stretch?

This?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAXTbPCcGNM

stanfordfan1
07-21-2011, 01:45 AM
yes because doug glanville soung during the 7th inning strech today

morsdraconis
07-21-2011, 02:04 AM
:fp:

Really?

God I fuckin' hate baseball.

bdoughty
07-21-2011, 02:36 AM
yes because doug glanville soung during the 7th inning strech today

Ohhh well now it all makes sense. :fp:

My guess is she was sending videos to her friends of his "first pitch."

http://www.csnchicago.com/07/20/11/Former-Cubs-outfielder-Glanville-sails-f/landing_cubs_loud3r.html?blockID=542551&feedID=661

psusnoop
07-21-2011, 06:17 AM
:fp: what a throw!

steelerfan
07-21-2011, 11:15 AM
What, exactly, is she 'disrespecting'?

The game? The Steroid Era took what respect baseball had left and flushed it.

The hallowed history? The Steroid Era pissed all over it, ruining the meaning of all the statistics (baseball is nothing without statistics) forever.

JBHuskers
07-21-2011, 11:18 AM
One could make the point that The National Anthem is whored out to every Tom Dick and Harry event known to man....they f'n play it at our city dart championships :fp: on the Touchtunes jukebox I might add :D

oweb26
07-21-2011, 11:27 AM
In that case, people still actually sing during the 7th inning stretch?

Yeah he walked into that one!

The hallowed history? The Steroid Era pissed all over it, ruining the meaning of all the statistics (baseball is nothing without statistics) forever.

I absolutely hate baseball outside of the playoffs "maybe", and even I can agree with that.

steelerfan
07-21-2011, 11:28 AM
One could make the point that The National Anthem is whored out to every Tom Dick and Harry event known to man....they f'n play it at our city dart championships :fp: on the Touchtunes jukebox I might add :D

:smh:

"Welcome to the 2011 Tree Stump County Dart Championships presented by 'Her Piss' brand Doe Urine."

"Please stand, and gentlemen remove your ballcaps and prosthetic appendages, and place all cigarettes in an ashtray, as we honor our country with the National Anthem."

"Now, let's Play Darts!"

JBHuskers
07-21-2011, 11:37 AM

"Welcome to the 2011 Tree Stump County Dart Championships presented by 'Her Piss' brand Doe Urine."

"Please stand, and gentlemen remove your ballcaps and prosthetic appendages, and place all cigarettes in an ashtray, as we honor our country with the National Anthem."

"Now, let's Play Darts!"

It's illegal to smoke indoors in a public place :D

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

stanfordfan1
07-21-2011, 01:17 PM
i was taught from the first baseball game i went to to sing take me out to the ballgame and that is why im calling her disrespectful as i have always soung take me out to the ballgame

texacotea
07-21-2011, 01:20 PM
i was taught from the first baseball game i went to to sing take me out to the ballgame and that is why im calling her disrespectful as i have always soung take me out to the ballgame

its SANG.....but whats it matter if you sing it? its the 7th inning stretch and Harry Carry aint singing it anymore

SmoothPancakes
07-21-2011, 01:22 PM

Alright, let me rephrase my question from earlier in the thread. Besides you, people still actually sing during the 7th inning stretch?

:D

jaymo76
07-21-2011, 02:08 PM

Best part of baseball... the day after the world series ends... longest point in the year until there is more baseball.

ram29jackson
07-21-2011, 02:38 PM
God is not a nationalist. i can respect something without having to do a stupid gesture like standing silently for it. the flag and song are not my gods.

I can understand standing for the national anthem while at your seat at the game. But the last Dodgers game I went to.. i'm in the concessions/food stand behind 2 twenty-something guys at the cash register to pay for the food. the national anthem starts and they just stand there not finishing the transaction until the song is over.....I find that quite stupid. Even the lady at the register seemed to find it odd, even though she's probably seen it a few times haha

ram29jackson
07-21-2011, 02:39 PM
Best part of baseball... the day after the world series ends... longest point in the year until there is more baseball.

el oh el Baseball has the shortest off season

stanfordfan1
07-21-2011, 02:49 PM
yes ive heard other people besides me sing during the 7th inning stretch

oweb26
07-21-2011, 03:26 PM

You sure you could have imagined it. :D
J/p

bdoughty
07-21-2011, 05:26 PM

http://nevalalee.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/the-shining.jpg?w=600

souljahbill
07-22-2011, 10:21 PM

When people ask me who I root for, I always say, "the first team to win 3 games in the World Series."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk