PDA

View Full Version : Missing presentation aspects in game?

griffin2608
07-20-2011, 06:55 PM
Ok I just watched the OS video review and seen some things that I have yet to see. I have never seen the half time thing with Aaron Andrews, I see very few stat overlays, I randomly see the quarter end cut scenes and they are the same every time. The crowd throwing someone up in the air then the team standing in a circle with some player holding their hand up. The player of the game celebrating with the crowd has never happened in a game i am playing. Is there anyone else not seeing these things happen?

Paakaa10
07-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Ok I just watched the OS video review and seen some things that I have yet to see. I have never seen the half time thing with Aaron Andrews, I see very few stat overlays, I randomly see the quarter end cut scenes and they are the same every time. The crowd throwing someone up in the air then the team standing in a circle with some player holding their hand up. The player of the game celebrating with the crowd has never happened in a game i am playing. Is there anyone else not seeing these things happen?

The game right now seems very susceptible to presentation being easily skipped even if you're not actively trying to "button" past things. My suggestion would be to try to refrain from pushing any buttons at the end of a play if you want to see presentational elements right now.

The Erin Andrews "Game Track" halftime presentation is especially easy to skip by accident. It typically triggers after the second half kickoff play is over. Try playing a game and don't push anything after the kickoff play ends at the beginning of the third quarter; the presentation should play.

Stat overlays don't seem as common as I would've hoped, but I did trigger a couple playing a game as Florida last night when I got HB #2 to about 185 yards in the game and then after he crossed over 200 yards; it was a surprisingly good game on the ground haha.

For end of quarter highlights I'm getting the appropriate mix of in-game highlights and "canned cut-scenes." I've never had an end of quarter highlight package which only had "cut-scenes" and didn't have game highlights.

As for the Player of the Game celebration high-fiving crowd members, I've seen it once or twice. If I understand correctly, there are a few random PotG cut-scenes which play out at the end of the game.

jaymo76
07-20-2011, 07:46 PM
I got my first no start of the third quarter 'Game Track." It was very general but it talked about how strong my ddefense, especially middle linebackers were and mentioned that I had "several" QB sacks. Nice to see... now let's have it say 3-5 times per game...

Paakaa10
07-20-2011, 07:52 PM
For end of quarter highlights I'm getting the appropriate mix of in-game highlights and "canned cut-scenes." I've never had an end of quarter highlight package which only had "cut-scenes" and didn't have game highlights.

For the sake of clarification, I will note that my "halftime highlights" are typically all "canned cut-scenes" with no in-game highlights; I do believe that is by design, however.

I got my first no start of the third quarter 'Game Track." It was very general but it talked about how strong my ddefense, especially middle linebackers were and mentioned that I had "several" QB sacks. Nice to see... now let's have it say 3-5 times per game...

Yeah, the "Game Tracks" are fairly general when it comes to referencing statistics; given how much time it would take to record a line for each number of "insert statistic here," I can understand though.

In the same Florida game I referenced earlier there were 2-3 "Game Tracks" which started up but I was being impatient and accidentally "buttoned through" without meaning to. The "Game Track" screen would pop up as I was approaching the line of scrimmage and then the package didn't play because I'd already skipped through. :sf:

jay0124
07-21-2011, 03:06 PM
i have a 360 and i haven't got any game tracks or end of the game celebrations

Duc748s
07-21-2011, 03:21 PM
i have a 360 and i haven't got any game tracks or end of the game celebrations
Do you have the Arcade version? It's been noted that the Arcade version or 4GB Slim model will not show that. Need to have a HD.

griffin2608
07-21-2011, 03:22 PM
I have not pre-ordered a game from ea for years but I did this year. With all the community interaction and guys getting the game a week early I figured it was safe....wrong. I should have known better. I will never do it again, this is bullshit. Ea sports have not released a football game since old gen that was a soild and well put together game. I'm sorry but this is not a complete game. Maybe in a few months once all the patches are out all the features will work that's if they don't break other things when they patch this crap like last year. Rant over.

bdoughty
07-21-2011, 05:36 PM
I have not pre-ordered a game from ea for years but I did this year. With all the community interaction and guys getting the game a week early I figured it was safe....wrong. I should have known better. I will never do it again, this is bullshit. Ea sports have not released a football game since old gen that was a soild and well put together game. I'm sorry but this is not a complete game. Maybe in a few months once all the patches are out all the features will work that's if they don't break other things when they patch this crap like last year. Rant over.

ZOMG the game still does not have the chain gang. Gamekiller, EA Sports are liarz and they mislead the community, I am never going to buy NCAA again.

Now doesn't it feel silly now seeing someone else do it. The NCAA game has been better than Madden for most of this generation. It may not be perfect but until you can get an investment to create your own develoment studio and make the perfect football game I guess we will just have to live with those guys at Tiburon.

griffin2608
07-22-2011, 12:59 AM
Not really you see I sell air conditioners to customers when I go to someone's house to give them a proposal I tell them what the system will do and how it works. When I tell them what the unit will do and how it functions (features) they expect it to work. If it doesn't work it is fixed. If it can't be fixed guess what I replace it. I don't wait a month with little to no contact with said customer. I wouldn't stay in contact with them for weeks until they decide to buy and then go missing when features aren't working. But hey it's just a video game and I'm not the only guy on the block selling air conditioners. You see I'm an old guy that likes to play football games that work oddly enough. Yea it sounds silly but that's what I expect. I guess it's ok for you to buy broken half assed merchandise but to me it's a little assining year after year. I guess you are right I should open my own game development company while I'm at it I should start a clothing company, food distribution company, automobile manufacturer, appliance manufacturer, electronics company, the list goes on and on. Or maybe someone from ea should release a list of incomplete broken shit and let the customers know a eta when the game will be fixed.

Now I just finished a test. I played 4 games with random teams. Oregon vs USC, Alabama vs auburn, fau vs fiu, smu vs Houston. Out of those 4 games I had 1 total stat overlay. At the end of the 1st Q in each game there was the random cut scenes of the band, players nothing else after that. The game track never showed in any game and not one time did I see the player of the game in any game. I never hit a button between plays.

Now I just finished a test

ZOMG the game still does not have the chain gang. Gamekiller, EA Sports are liarz and they mislead the community, I am never going to buy NCAA again.

Now doesn't it feel silly now seeing someone else do it. The NCAA game has been better than Madden for most of this generation. It may not be perfect but until you can get an investment to create your own develoment studio and make the perfect football game I guess we will just have to live with those guys at Tiburon.