PDA

View Full Version : Changing Player Positions via Depth Chart

OptionMasta
07-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Because my OD team (Pitt) is transitioning from a 4-3 to a 335 Stack defense in real life, and the 335 Stack is what I intend to use this season with my OD I am trying to shuffle some players around in order to make the defense more effective.

One of the things that I did was try to move Brandon Lindsey (RE) to ROLB and then move one of my DTs to DE. Since strength is a premium attribute in any defense sporting 3 down linemen I chose the DT to move because he had a high strength rating.

When I moved his position, he went from 85+ strength down to approximately 74 strength. What the hell is going on with this? Strength isn't something that should be changed when you switch positions as it is NOT necessarily relative to the position. Secondly, if it were relative to the position a DT would likely be stronger than the DE so if anything the strength rating should increase.

What I am curious to know is if the player will actually play well in his new position. While the overall rating isn't something I am too concerned about, I am concerned that changing the positions for them will lower their important attributes and make them suck. Has anybody else done this? Successfully/unsuccessfully?

gschwendt
07-20-2011, 03:32 PM
I'm not 100% certain on it but I think the rating drop you see on the depth chart is only cosmetic. I have a similar issue where I have a backup HB that has 74CTH so I've put him in as my third WR. However, when I do that, his CTH rating drops down to 49. When he's in the game, he makes catches with what I believe is more appropriate for a 74CTH rating, that's why I believe it's cosmetic rather than an actual drop.

souljahbill
07-20-2011, 04:03 PM
Tried using formation subs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OptionMasta
07-20-2011, 04:12 PM
Tried using formation subs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The same thing happens when using formation subs.

It would really be nice to know if the difference is really just cosmetic or if it actually affects player ability in-game. I suppose this would be a question that would need to be asked to the folks at EA. I wouldn't think this would be accurately testable from a consumer standpoint.