PDA

View Full Version : Will you wait for Buckeye and Gatorbait's rosters next year?

Pages : [1] 2

Parker66
07-19-2011, 10:09 PM
Fair question, not looking for a shutdown, but this process has been agonizing to the point that I'm getting sick of NCAA without even playing it.

jwendt79
07-19-2011, 10:10 PM
hopefully next year Luv's roster will be done first

JSHT21
07-19-2011, 10:11 PM
IDK, seemed poorly handled this year. I more than likely will there are no better one's. The ETAs didn't bother me until tonight. There is no way you should say you are for sure dropping the rosters tonight, then realize last minute one team hasn't even been named.

As someone else said, they said all teams were named Sunday.

Caly2020
07-19-2011, 10:14 PM
IDK, seemed poorly handled this year. I more than likely will there are no better one's. The ETAs didn't bother me until tonight. There is no way you should say you are for sure dropping the rosters tonight, then realize last minute one team hasn't even been named.

As someone else said, they said all teams were named Sunday.

Totally wait, I have a life and can wait for good rosters to be finalized.

Wildcats302
07-19-2011, 10:14 PM
I honestly hope they do not do them next year because of all the whiny, worthless POS children we have on this message board and the other site pretending to be adults. They lost almost a whole dang day due to an unforseen issue and have done more than name the rosters. They have done that, plus take off players that left, they gained, etc, dreads, equipment, etc.

All you goofballs bitching are the same who would bitch if they had had them done Friday with just player names and a few major players(Pryor, Ealy, etc) removed. You guys are an embarrassment.

ptown8091
07-19-2011, 10:15 PM
I hope they do them next year love there rosters worth the wait but I understand of they hold them for them self next year because of all bitching..

Badgersfan
07-19-2011, 10:16 PM
come on...you could have played road to glory or any other game...and these guys have had the worst situations with these rosters. all they are doing is trying to make these as accurate as possible

TarMond
07-19-2011, 10:17 PM
Yes. Their rosters are great. Considering the setbacks they had, releasing the rosters a week after the release of the game is impressive.

GatorfanStovy
07-19-2011, 10:17 PM
Same here I will wait and wait for good rosters or just keep ncaa 12 if doesn't improve.Some people bitch too much I agree with wildcats.I mean no one is paying for the rosters.Play another darn game while you wait or do RTG(sadly it sucks again)But still to complain and complain just wow people.Half of these posters over at OS I bet are immature kids.FYI, this thread might be locked soon.

JSHT21
07-19-2011, 10:18 PM
I'm not mad because they took so long, I could've waited two more weeks. I'm still not mad. I'm just disappointed that they said for sure they would be released tonight, then somehow a major over sight of a team not being even named comes up at last minute.

If you cannot understand why someone would be disappointed over that then you really have no people skills.

Once again I didn't say I was mad, just disappointed a totally different emotion, and I've already stated that I know they don't have to do them or we don't deserve them.

They do the best work, I always use their rosters until about Novemeber then do another dynasty with luvtotha9s (Because he updates his weekly and by that time he will have some key players in that weren't on the original happens every year not Blocks fault at all)

Parker66
07-19-2011, 10:18 PM
come on...you could have played road to glory or any other game...and these guys have had the worst situations with these rosters. all they are doing is trying to make these as accurate as possible

But the detail got carried away IMO

Caly2020
07-19-2011, 10:21 PM
If they were getting paid to do this and didn't have anything else to do in their life then I'd agree... but alas...

I'm not mad because they took so long, I could've waited two more weeks. I'm still not mad. I'm just disappointed that they said for sure they would be released tonight, then somehow a major over sight of a team not being even named comes up at last minute.

If you cannot understand why someone would be disappointed over that then you really have no people skills.

Once again I didn't say I was mad, just disappointed a totally different emotion, and I've already stated that I know they don't have to do them or we don't deserve them.

They do the best work, I always use their rosters until about Novemeber then do another dynasty with luvtotha9s (Because he updates his weekly and by that time he will have some key players in that weren't on the original happens every year not Blocks fault at all)

Nameless306
07-19-2011, 10:21 PM
Waited for them for the past 3 or 4 years. Don't see this as a reason not to wait for them next year. These guys bust their butts doing these rosters that they could very well just keep to themselves but they are willing to give them out for free. This is not the worst it has been by far imo waiting for their rosters. Can't remember if it was last year or year before, but people got all up in arms because they were unable to upload cause everyone was hammering their EA lockers to try to download rosters. The OS boards were blown up with people calling Buck and Gator fakes along with every other name in the book and demanding they post a video or something showing everyone on the boards that they do really have the rosters. That alone would have made me say "Screw it, I'll keep them to myself you ungrateful punks", but these guys still uploaded the rosters as soon as they could and I have enjoy them every year.

Wildcats302
07-19-2011, 10:22 PM
I mean I understand people being a little annoyed with it getting pushbacked a few times but the 18 hour delay they had the other day was detrimental to their process. If that had not happened we would have had these by Sunday nite or yesterday at the latest.

Buckeye took off a week from work to do these. He spent his vacation doing rosters...that's not fun. He hardly gets anything for it...what we pay them in donations is not a lot total unless each person donates 5 bucks(they won't) and they get like 100 downloads or more(i have no clue how many they get, sure its much more than that lol), but regardless...Gator and Buckeye have worked hard and have come through for us in past years.

I apologize for my earlier post but honestly the complainers deserved every word.

Badgersfan
07-19-2011, 10:22 PM
besides you might want to check os anyways...update there...its not good news but i say oh well...they have great rosters...you can read what im talking about

mjarz02
07-19-2011, 10:23 PM
There are some other decent rosters to play with. Obviously I'm waiting to start a REAL dynasty when these rosters drop. It was explained that they lost 18 hours of work and they have tried to rush the rosters out to everyone and have missed some deadlines but its not a big deal and understandable for the delay.

As soon as these rosters drop, people will be waiting around for v 2.0 and 3.0 and luvtotha9s roster set and dreading over when they will be released, its just not worth it to get worked up for.

BoiseBronco
07-19-2011, 10:23 PM
I will wait. These would've been out literally a day ago, if not sooner had there not had been a save issue (they lost 18-20 hours of work) one night.

On top of waiting for these great Rosters, we will still have to contend with the fact that EA has to release at least one Patch to fix some issues, anyways.

Plus, am I the only person happy that they changed Richard Samuel from LB to HB?? I THINK NOT!! :D

Schreck13
07-19-2011, 10:24 PM
I will absolutely wait! and if your a college football fan you should! These rosters will be the most accurate rosters available and will enhance the game sooo much! EA Sports should pay these guys. ha jk thats a little too far.

JSHT21
07-19-2011, 10:25 PM
You guys don't get what I'm saying, quit just telling me i'm wrong and defending them to me. I defend them constantly and I still am on any forum where people speak ill of them. I use to name my own rosters before I got internet using magazines. I know it sucks.

I'm just a little confused on how they could not realize a team wasn't even named, either way they will be out in the moring. Gator is pluggin them in tonight either way. I'm not attacking them, I'm just lost on how they didn't realize this earlier.

And once again who cares if they aren't getting payed?? I never said I hated them, just I was disappointed, i donated 10 bucks to them. will i do it again next year yes.

Parker66
07-19-2011, 10:26 PM
Not evetyone cares about dreads. Just wondering how many will just use an earlier version, that 's all.
I mean I understand people being a little annoyed with it getting pushbacked a few times but the 18 hour delay they had the other day was detrimental to their process. If that had not happened we would have had these by Sunday nite or yesterday at the latest.

Buckeye took off a week from work to do these. He spent his vacation doing rosters...that's not fun. He hardly gets anything for it...what we pay them in donations is not a lot total unless each person donates 5 bucks(they won't) and they get like 100 downloads or more(i have no clue how many they get, sure its much more than that lol), but regardless...Gator and Buckeye have worked hard and have come through for us in past years.

I apologize for my earlier post but honestly the complainers deserved every word.

Caly2020
07-19-2011, 10:27 PM
No one is telling you you're wrong... Guilty Conscience? :)

You guys don't get what I'm saying, quit just telling me i'm wrong and defending them to me. I defend them constantly and I still am on any forum where people speak ill of them. I use to name my own rosters before I got internet using magazines. I know it sucks.

I'm just a little confused on how they could not realize a team wasn't even named, either way they will be out in the moring. Gator is pluggin them in tonight either way. I'm not attacking them, I'm just lost on how they didn't realize this earlier.

And once again who cares if they aren't getting payed?? I never said I hated them, just I was disappointed, i donated 10 bucks to them. will i do it again next year yes.

JSHT21
07-19-2011, 10:27 PM
besides you might want to check os anyways...update there...its not good news but i say oh well...they have great rosters...you can read what im talking about

Thats what I'm disappointed with, I'm still defending them I'm just confused at how they didn't relize this earlier. If you can't understand why I'm a tad disappointed then oh well. Better than me calling them names as so many others have done. I'm not mad, jsut disappointed.

michstarfish
07-19-2011, 10:28 PM
I will wait again. I think subconciously I was aware this was going to happen because I didn't take my week of vacation (usually tied to this game) until the first week of August. Then again, I also know how long it took me to do the same thing and I never completely finished. On a side note of that, when I did it, I found it was really hard to find accurate and up to date rosters at this time of year. Most team sites don't even have them updated until right before or shortly after the first game or so.

BaylorBearBryant
Yes

JSHT21
No one is telling you you're wrong... Guilty Conscience? :)

Yes, someone directly attacked me one post after my original in the thread, learn to read mr high and mighty.

Judge
07-19-2011, 10:29 PM
I'll wait. There aren't too many other rosters as great as theirs. Luvs are on about the same level.

MavsFan41
07-19-2011, 10:30 PM
To the guy that said they have a statement at OS. What is the statement they posted there? I got banned and they blocked my IP so I'd like to know what's up.

Wildcats302
Not evetyone cares about dreads. Just wondering how many will just use an earlier version, that 's all.

I agree, I do not care about dreads that much either, but Buckeye and Gator clearly said their rosters would include putting players on dreads...therefore, if you don't care about dreads then you should have downloaded some half ass roster that was available last week that only named the players and made a few minor roster adjustments.

Caly2020
Mr. Caly2020 - I have never gone by that other name... Meany!

Yes, someone directly attacked me one post after my original in the thread, learn to read mr high and mighty.

JSHT21
07-19-2011, 10:31 PM
To the guy that said they have a statement at OS. What is the statement they posted there? I got banned and they blocked my IP so I'd like to know what's up.

They are postponed probably by an hour, maybe a tad more. They have to name and do UAB they forgot to do them.

michstarfish
07-19-2011, 10:31 PM
the OS statement is just asking the board over there if they should put the rosters out without UAB named, or just push back the drop time and name UAB. Push back is winning handily.

Wildcats302
07-19-2011, 10:32 PM

They are gonna delay so they can RENAME UAB. I wanna stress that for the one clueless guy who thinks they did not name them already, but it was part of the 18-20 hours they lost the other nite of work.

It should be done around 11:20pmish now...let's just call it Midnight to be safe to avoid the weeping and gnashing of teeth on this board.

MavsFan41
07-19-2011, 10:32 PM
So they should be up by 1 AM Eastern realistically. If they were supposed to be up 11:20, and they need an hour or maybe more I'd say 1 AM would be fairly accurate right?

JSHT21
07-19-2011, 10:34 PM
They are gonna delay so they can RENAME UAB. I wanna stress that for the one clueless guy who thinks they did not name them already, but it was part of the 18-20 hours they lost the other nite of work.

It should be done around 11:20pmish now...let's just call it Midnight to be safe to avoid the weeping and gnashing of teeth on this board.

I'm not clueless. I know they lost work, that was Saturday check twitter. They said SUNDAY all teams were renamed. They looked over UAB.

linden908
hell yes, they are the best at what they do.. for u guys complaining, they shouldnt even let you download.... i am as anxious as u guys are but something like this takes time and relax stop bugging them every 10 mins asking, "are they done yet?" i just surf the net and watch netflix or play RTG to pass the time, some of u guys need to relax a bit and do something else.

Caly2020
Also, I'd be more interested in why you can't read before you, in your words "attack me". Considering I was the one who posted it. Most people on here aren't hostile. You should relax a bit before being so defensive online... it's not becoming of you... Mr. High and Mighty...

KINGLAX25
Of course ill wait!!! These rosters are the best!!!

JSHT21
07-19-2011, 10:36 PM
Also, I'd be more interested in why you can't read before you, in your words "attack me". Considering I was the one who posted it. Most people on here aren't hostile. You should relax a bit before being so defensive online... it's not becoming of you... Mr. High and Mighty...

I didn't say you attacked me. The wildcat guy called everyone a POS that acted like they were upset at BlockO and them. I admit I was a little misleading in my first post of my emotions, and if you passed 5th grade english at all he was directing it towards anyone posting above him as the thread started on a bad note.

Wildcats302
07-19-2011, 10:37 PM
I'm not clueless. I know they lost work, that was Saturday check twitter. They said SUNDAY all teams were renamed. They looked over UAB.

OMG, BUCKEYE AND GATOR ARE HUMAN!!! THEY MADE A MISTAKE!!! UNACCEPTABLE!!!! THEY SHOULD BE LIKE MACHINES!!! PERFECTION!!!

Get over it. Like I said, I hope they do not do these for people next due to the ungratefulness...maybe they can and only give them out to the select few of us who act like adults and respect what they are doing.

Caly2020
I don't have to pass 5th grade english - just passing 5th grade all together means you passed 5th grade english... Look who went to school in the U.S. :)

I didn't say you attacked me. The wildcat guy called everyone a POS, and if you passed 5th grade english at all he was directing it towards anyone posting above him as the thread started on a bad note.

Badgersfan
Thats what I'm disappointed with, I'm still defending them I'm just confused at how they didn't relize this earlier. If you can't understand why I'm a tad disappointed then oh well. Better than me calling them names as so many others have done. I'm not mad, jsut disappointed.

i know why you are disappointed...UAB is just not very popular and they went many hours to redo the work they lost...but i see what you are saying

Boss1022
Assuming that the quality hasn't suffered, then absolutely. I, for one, have the self-control to wait for a quality product...especially when it's free I might add. Besides, it gives me a week or so to play some RTG, tinker with sliders, and find how the game plays differently than the previous year before I get the rosters and get balls deep in some dynasty action.

Caly2020
07-19-2011, 10:39 PM
Easy wildcat, he's busy trying to tell me to graduate a 5th grade subject instead of the grade itself... he might be a tad defensive right now since he doesn't understand the impact of his giant words, and those small difficult words too.

OMG, BUCKEYE AND GATOR ARE HUMAN!!! THEY MADE A MISTAKE!!! UNACCEPTABLE!!!! THEY SHOULD BE LIKE MACHINES!!! PERFECTION!!!

Get over it. Like I said, I hope they do not do these for people next due to the ungratefulness...maybe they can and only give them out to the select few of us who act like adults and respect what they are doing.

buckeye02
Don't know how UAB slipped under the radar for a few days. When you have 120 teams, i guess its a little easier than i would think.

JSHT21
i know why you are disappointed...UAB is just not very popular and they went many hours to redo the work they lost...but i see what you are saying

Thank you for at least understanding why someone would be a little disappointed instead of trying to flame me.

I never said they weren't human and machines.

KINGLAX25
07-19-2011, 10:40 PM
Lets be nice before this thread gets closed also. I like to get the updates

Caly2020
07-19-2011, 10:40 PM
Be nice to JSHT too. He deserves it...

Lets be nice before this thread gets closed also. I like to get the updates

buckeye02
07-19-2011, 10:41 PM
Bottom line.....when the rosters get released soon all will be forgotten.

BYU 14

Just a theory here but bear with me. They lost 18 hours of work the other day, UAB was part of that and they did not realize it initially, so they had, or assumed all rosters were named Sunday. Then they started the tweaks Sunday night and as most people do started at A, then B, then C.......U is towards the bottom of the alphabet, so as they are going through the rosters they get to U early this evening and realize they lost that data. Not at all overlooked, just caught late because of the team.

Disappointed is fine but not that big a deal

gschwendt
Caly2020 and JSHT21, both of you should cool it. Both can take a moment to read what the other posts without as much sensitivity or reading into things that aren't there.

You guys are welcome to post in this thread so long as it stays on the subject of the rosters. Don't turn this into another random bullshit thread.

KINGLAX25
07-19-2011, 10:42 PM
Yup!!! and we will be here next year waiting for them again!!!!

MavsFan41
07-19-2011, 10:43 PM
I'll wait again next year, and I do appreciate Buckeye dropping in and giving us an update.

JSHT21
07-19-2011, 10:44 PM
I made one simple staetment about being disappointed and you guys bash me like I called buckeye a murderer or something.

I even clearly said I donated and will again if they do the rosters next year.

KINGLAX25
I'll wait again next year, and I do appreciate Buckeye dropping in and giving us an update.

Same here!!!!

BYU 14
Here comes Mr. Defensive again... 3,2,1...

Dang quick draw, you quoted before I edited, that last paragraph was a bit over the top so I changed it to play nice :)

Caly2020
07-19-2011, 10:46 PM
Dang quick draw, you quoted before I edited, that last paragraph was a bit over the top so I changed it to play nice :)

Yeah I deleted it because I replied before the Mod posted... too quick for my own good. - What my wife says too :(

BYU 14
I made one simple staetment about being disappointed and you guys bash me like I called buckeye a murderer or something.

Just let it go, not that big a deal, people react and that is fine. That's what you did and others (including me) reacted to you. Emotions to that, lets just play football.....

Wildcats302
I apologize to the Clemson fan for getting heated as well. I'm just tired of people whining. Back on topic, thanks again to Buckeye and Gator for doing these rosters.

BoiseBronco
I was undecided on what Team I was gonna be for my Dynasty. Reason being is because I love to build up Teams. I think I might've found my Team:

UAB

bhrangerfan0809
07-19-2011, 10:47 PM

I even clearly said I donated and will again if they do the rosters next year.

Amen. Worst part about criticizing Jesus: his disciples.

BoiseBronco
Honestly though, it's good that they found this. It shows that they're actually making sure that everything is on point before they drop 'em. Good job, fellas.

Judge

Exactly as soon as you guys are finished, they will all stop complaining and act like the weren't being childish and impatient the whole time.

JSHT21
07-19-2011, 10:48 PM
I apologize for getting jumpy, I admit my first post came off whiny but I didn't mean it that way. I also am probably a little heated, big family fight earlier today and I probably still haven't cooled off.

Bucknut216
07-19-2011, 10:50 PM
This is my first year having the PS network, other years I just had to make my "The Ohio State University" teams whole roster, and do a top hundred prospects off a Mel Kiper board. This is a God send and I thank Gator and Block O. Can't wait til you guys are done.

BoiseBronco
07-19-2011, 10:51 PM
I apologize for getting jumpy, I admit my first post came off whiny but I didn't mean it that way. I also am probably a little heated, big family fight earlier today and I probably still haven't cooled off.

Found out you weren't really adopted and it pissed you off??? Yeah, happened to me as well...

Caly2020

I'm just an unhappy drunk who can only talk to people in forums and even then I can't keep from starting fights... I just want someone to love me!

buckeye02
My thread was closed at OS. so a storm is coming.

Got a text from Gator.....he working on UAB as we speak.

Caly2020
I'm just an unhappy drunk who can only talk to people in forums and even then I can't keep from starting fights... I just want someone to love me!

FYI, not being a jerk... I truly am unhappy...

KINGLAX25
07-19-2011, 10:52 PM
My thread was closed at OS. Here comes the storm.

Thank you gator!!!!

Caly2020
07-19-2011, 10:53 PM
Gator's Twitter feed:

Rosters got pushed back an hour to make sure I had enough time to move UGAs Richard Samuel to HB, lol

JSHT21
Found out you weren't really adopted and it pissed you off??? Yeah, happened to me as well...

No my dad has an unruly temper, and today me and him got into it pretty bad. It's happened before but not this bad. Me having to move home and go to school closer to home because of money issues has both of us pretty stressed out lately.

buckeye02
Honestly though, it's good that they found this. It shows that they're actually making sure that everything is on point before they drop 'em. Good job, fellas.

We do this every year at the point where the rosters are minutes away from being posted.

DuffHouse12
07-19-2011, 10:54 PM
Next year I'm messaging them preemptively with a better plan - edit the TGT rosters, where every player is named already. I understand that the stock rosters w/ names isn't the end goal, and that some of that work will have to be undone, however i think these two cats could have saved a substantial amount of time by just editing the named stock rosters. they were quoted as saying it took them from release-sunday to get the naming done, with some key teams edited. so far that has been half of their battle.

now that they have the stock 75 overall template for all the position players, creating the missing player from existing players should not be as time consuming next year either. In addition i disagree with their use of time. While I appreciate their motivation of pulling all nighters, in the end their time would have been better served maintaining a normal sleep cycle with healthy, productive hours.

as far as the now infamous "ETAs" - websites such as TGT where most of us have found a happy home following this roster generating pair, could still be a foreground for voicing their nightly status and achievements. I think the audience would receive equal benefit from hearing team/players completed at the end of a night as they would with an ETA, only with out the out rage and "wronged" feelings of an underestimated ETA.

thoughts?

buckeye02
Gator's Twitter feed:

Rosters got pushed back an hour to make sure I had enough time to move UGAs Richard Samuel to HB, lol

He should make the entire UAB squad Richard Samuel.

BoiseBronco

Sounds great (about Gator)...OS has some serious GOONS over there for some Mods.

I see one douche has a picture of some LocTite Threadlocker as his damn Avatar. He must really think he's found his calling in life...To be a Forum Mod and a ball-buster on top of that.

Caly2020
07-19-2011, 10:55 PM
I didn't read all of it but I agree!

Next year I'm messaging them preemptively with a better plan - edit the TGT rosters, where every player is named already. I understand that the stock rosters w/ names isn't the end goal, and that some of that work will have to be undone, however i think these two cats could have saved a substantial amount of time by just editing the named stock rosters. they were quoted as saying it took them from release-sunday to get the naming done, with some key teams edited. so far that has been half of their battle.

now that they have the stock 75 overall template for all the position players, creating the missing player from existing players should not be as time consuming next year either. In addition i disagree with their use of time. While I appreciate their motivation of pulling all nighters, in the end their time would have been better served maintaining a normal sleep cycle with healthy, productive hours.

as far as the now infamous "ETAs" - websites such as TGT where most of us have found a happy home following this roster generating pair, could still be a foreground for voicing their nightly status and achievements. I think the audience would receive equal benefit from hearing team/players completed at the end of a night as they would with an ETA, only with out the out rage and "wronged" feelings of an underestimated ETA.

thoughts?

BoiseBronco
gator's twitter feed:

Rosters got pushed back an hour to make sure i had enough time to move ugas richard samuel to hb, lol

holy shit!!! Roflmfao!! Lol!!

Caly2020

Unstoppable!!!

BoiseBronco
07-19-2011, 10:56 PM
We do this every year at the point where the rosters are minutes away from being posted.

Good job!

buckeye02

thoughts?

That would be piggy backing on someone else's work. Im just not down with that.

BoiseBronco

2012 National Champs

Badgersfan
07-19-2011, 10:57 PM

Don't know if u saw it but I sent my vote to you thru PM... I'm happy to wait

BaylorBearBryant
07-19-2011, 10:57 PM
2012 National Champs

2012 Super Bowl Champs

HuskerTalk
07-19-2011, 10:58 PM
thoughts?

You could do your own.

DuffHouse12
07-19-2011, 11:00 PM
That would be piggy backing on someone else's work. Im just not down with that.

i totally see where you're coming from, but i think its something that's benefits are worth considering.

BoiseBronco
07-19-2011, 11:00 PM
2012 Super Bowl Champs

Haha...stupid. :D

buckeye02
07-19-2011, 11:02 PM
i totally see where you're coming from, but i think its something that's benefits are worth considering.

I would have to double check everything anyways. lol @ my twitter account......if you didnt know i was editing rosters you would think i just killed a family of 4.

Caly2020
07-19-2011, 11:03 PM
I would have to double check everything anyways. lol @ my twitter account......if you didnt know i was editing rosters you would think i just killed a family of 4.

Treating you like OJ huh?

DuffHouse12
07-19-2011, 11:04 PM
You could do your own.

so could you. again - i'm trying to help. look up every post of mine here and OS - even twitter. all i said was that i thought V 1.0 could have been released for those who were tweaking and did not care.

since then i realize that buck 'n' bait have their name on this, and as someone who writes music and cooks food for a living i know where they are coming from. i am only supportive, as are 95% of the people on these boards following these two across the mighty interwebs.

bhrangerfan0809
07-19-2011, 11:07 PM
Treating you like OJ huh?

Minus the whole Buckeye02 didn't commit homicide and raid a sports memorabilia collector's hotel room. Well, I'll give Buck the benefit of the doubt and say he didn't. You never know about those OSU people and their memorabilia...

BoiseBronco
07-19-2011, 11:07 PM
so could you. again - i'm trying to help. look up every post of mine here and OS - even twitter. all i said was that i thought V 1.0 could have been released for those who were tweaking and did not care.

since then i realize that buck 'n' bait have their name on this, and as someone who writes music and cooks food for a living i know where they are coming from. i am only supportive, as are 95% of the people on these boards following these two across the mighty interwebs.

DuffHouse, are you Duff McKagan of Guns N' Roses fame??

Buckeye
07-19-2011, 11:08 PM
Buckeye working with a Gator? :smh::P

Thanks for all the work you guys are putting in, and :D @ all the *ahem* 'discussion' surrounding rosters. Keep up the good work!

OH-

MavsFan41
He didn't get a car for signing autographs did he?

Bucknut216
Cut it out, you guys know if Richard Samuel's name is brought up more than 5 times the thread will be closed.

bhrangerfan0809
07-19-2011, 11:09 PM
He didn't get a car for signing autographs did he?

Well, Buck's autograph certainly has risen in value in the past week...

gostate24
07-19-2011, 11:10 PM
its a tough call. it seems like they had a lot of setbacks, but their rosters will be the best for sure. I cant wait to use Luv's throughout the season though.

BoiseBronco
07-19-2011, 11:11 PM
Who the Hell is "Luv," and just how good is his Rosters compared to these here??

Bucknut216
07-19-2011, 11:12 PM
All Buckeye's get cars for autograph's.

Wildcats302

Thanks for all the work you guys are putting in, and :D @ all the *ahem* 'discussion' surrounding rosters. Keep up the good work!

OH-

41-14 was a thing of beauty, and I'm not even a Gator fan.

buckeye02
Minus the whole Buckeye02 didn't commit homicide and raid a sports memorabilia collector's hotel room. Well, I'll give Buck the benefit of the doubt and say he didn't. You never know about those OSU people and their memorabilia...

Well played Mauer

buckeye02
07-19-2011, 11:13 PM

OH-

I-O!

Bucknut216
07-19-2011, 11:13 PM
did someone PM you with the answer to who the hell is Luv.

DuffHouse12
07-19-2011, 11:15 PM
DuffHouse, are you Duff McKagan of Guns N' Roses fame??

i wish. that dude is paid in the shade.

people can now draft players from UAB into Madden and not be like "I SHOULDA WAITED...." - because had we not waited, we would have started our dynasties without those UAB guys, and who doesn't use their dynasty draft classes in madden?

KINGLAX25
its a tough call. it seems like they had a lot of setbacks, but their rosters will be the best for sure. I cant wait to use Luv's throughout the season though.

Why use Luvs during the season??

bucknut1007

It's not stealing memorabilia that we OSU people have to worry about, it's the selling of that memorabilia. lol

bhrangerfan0809
07-19-2011, 11:16 PM
I-O!

Any progress report from Gator? Sorry I'm just very antsy.

BoiseBronco
07-19-2011, 11:17 PM
i wish. that dude is paid in the shade.

people can now draft players from UAB into Madden and not be like "I SHOULDA WAITED...." - because had we not waited, we would have started our dynasties without those UAB guys, and who doesn't use their dynasty draft classes in madden?

I hear you. I don't play Madden, though. Haven't boughten a Madden since PS2 back in '07 I think it was.

Bucknut216
07-19-2011, 11:18 PM
Just keep plugging guys, there is nothing worse than a fake name fake face guy getting drafted to Madden.

TrojanMan0084
07-19-2011, 11:19 PM
Why use Luvs during the season??

He updates his roster throughout the season.

MavsFan41
07-19-2011, 11:19 PM
Hate to break it to you, but even the real guys don't have real faces when you draft them to Madden.

bucknut1007
07-19-2011, 11:20 PM
Any progress report from Gator? Sorry I'm just very antsy.

Not the only one wondering about a progress report. Not that I am complaining, I want these done right, but after all the trouble with ETA's (ESTIMATED time of arrival) the least we could have is an update on whether UAB will be done tonight and uploaded.

By the way Buckeye got nothing for respect for both you and Gator. I wouldn't have taken vacation time from my job to work on these rosters for us. For that I applaud both of you.

Badgersfan
Ok once the rosters are released I'm gonna start on roster edits on mountain west teams(I probably sound like a broken record since I've been saying this quite a bit in the last two days)

bhrangerfan0809
Just keep plugging guys, there is nothing worse than a fake name fake face guy getting drafted to Madden.

You do remember that this is UAB we're talking about, right? Unless they do go with Plan B of implementing Richard Samuel at all skill positions, I wouldn't count on seeing many UAB players in the draft lol.

bucknut1007
07-19-2011, 11:22 PM
Ok once the rosters are released I'm gonna start on roster edits on mountain west teams(I probably sound like a broken record since I've been saying this quite a bit in the last two days)

Do they still need help then getting depth charts and all right? I wasn't sure with the delay and all.

Richard Samuel

That sounds nice

Badgersfan
Hate to break it to you, but even the real guys don't have real faces when you draft them to Madden.

I thought there was supposed to be a real face this year...at least this for already set draft classes I would think

buckeye02
07-19-2011, 11:23 PM
Somehow we always seem to make 1 team famous. Last year it was Eastern Michigan, just because they were the last team.

Bucknut216
07-19-2011, 11:23 PM

Its the fact that both are bogus that kills me, its like playing an unlicensed game or something. I wonder if EA could give you an option to post a avatar picture for players.

MavsFan41
07-19-2011, 11:24 PM
What I meant is the video game Denard Robison you draft to Madden won't look the same as the real Denard Robinson.

bucknut1007
I thought there was supposed to be a real face this year...at least this for already set draft classes I would think

They can't put real faces in the draft classes. Then they would have to pay student athletes, and we all know what happens when college athletes get paid...

Badgersfan
Do they still need help then getting depth charts and all right? I wasn't sure with the delay and all.

Yea and some Position issues I think...we should ask the head boss about this tho(buckeye or gator)

BoiseBronco
07-19-2011, 11:25 PM

Please do my Broncos properly...thank you!!

BoiseBronco
07-19-2011, 11:26 PM
They can't put real faces in the draft classes. Then they would have to pay student athletes, and we all know what happens when college athletes get paid...

Well, Ohio State and USC does, anyways...

Badgersfan
07-19-2011, 11:26 PM
No I meant for the draft classes that are set if u don't import... I thought they used a few guys for face models and gave them different looks

bhrangerfan0809
07-19-2011, 11:27 PM
I will begin editing immediately after these rosters drop. I can start on whichever conference you need me to. I have Phil Steele's magazine by my side and plenty of internet resources bookmarked for easy access. I can go through and make necessary edits at a quickened pace. Give me a conference and I'll go to town. Preferably a BCS one, though, but i will do as you wish.

Bucknut216

When college athletes get paid they go to Columbus and get cars or USC and hang with stars.

bucknut1007
Yea and some Position issues I think...we should ask the head boss about this tho(buckeye or gator)

Thanks for the reply. I'll take a look then at some of the teams, can't guarantee that I will be much help as I'm not the best on these smaller teams but I might be able to pull up some info on the MAC teams, primarily Kent and Akron.

BoiseBronco
07-19-2011, 11:28 PM
You do remember that this is UAB we're talking about, right? Unless they do go with Plan B of implementing Richard Samuel at all skill positions, I wouldn't count on seeing many UAB players in the draft lol.

Hahaha...

"And with the First Overall Selection in the 2012 NFL Draft...The Carolina Panthers select, Richard Samuel, Defensive Tackle, University of Alabama-Birmingham..."

Badgersfan
Please do my Broncos properly...thank you!!

I will do my best...trying to do this for a v2 update in the future...I'm not going to make any ratings changes tho...this will be up to them or you

KINGLAX25
He updates his roster throughout the season.

Very nice didnt know that!!!!

DuffHouse12
07-19-2011, 11:29 PM
:: throws in 2 snus pouches ::

well - I guess the ol' Gator must be reckonin' himself bout finished with them there Birminghams.... y'all use keyboards, yeah?

KINGLAX25
07-19-2011, 11:31 PM
:: throws in 2 snus pouches ::

well - I guess the ol' Gator must be reckonin' himself bout finished with them there Birminghams.... y'all use keyboards, yeah?

hahah ive been watching these post all day.......you cant wait for theses rosters can you??!! LOL

BoiseBronco
07-19-2011, 11:35 PM
I will do my best...trying to do this for a v2 update in the future...I'm not going to make any ratings changes tho...this will be up to them or you

No Ratings changes needed. Just do what these 2 guys are doing, and I'll be happy.

buckeye02
07-19-2011, 11:36 PM
Talking with Gator on the phone now.....almost finished.

Not in the greatest of moods either.

Maverick04
07-19-2011, 11:37 PM
What's with all these threads being closed??? I thought we had gotten away from OS...

Caly2020
Is he getting attacked on his twitter too?

bhrangerfan0809

Huzzah!!!!!

MavsFan41
I understand why Gator wouldn't be happy, but shit happens sometimes. Also I plan on donating to your Paypal tomorrow when I get paid thanks.

Maverick04
07-19-2011, 11:38 PM

Keep strong Buckeye, don't let the complainers get to you. We appreciate all you guys have done.

MVPevy
Screw OS. It's almost past my bedtime :/

Badgersfan

Hey me neither and it's cuz of all the critics in this world

GatorfanStovy

tell him to just wait until tomorrow any how.Make all the cry babies wait one more day.

bhrangerfan0809
07-19-2011, 11:39 PM
tell him to just wait until tomorrow any how.Make all the cry babies wait one more day.

Now that wouldn't be very productive

buckeye02

Thats not the reason. I wouldnt be happy about naming an entire team that you thought was done already.

MavsFan41
Yeah wonderful idea make everyone wait a day. How about you wait an extra week then.

bucknut1007
07-19-2011, 11:41 PM
Can't say I can blame Gator for being in a bad mood. All these people on here complaining about a delay on a free roster because you found out some bad news about UAB.

I really do feel for you because this year seems to have been a rough year for you two doing rosters. I am in school right now for computer animation so i know how frustrating it was when you lost 18 or more hours because of a save issue.

Caly2020
07-19-2011, 11:41 PM
Good point...

It's like driving to the hospital because your wife is pregnant, getting there in record time (better than you ever timed yourself)... then realizing you left her at home...

Never live that one down...

Thats not the reason. I wouldnt be happy about naming an entire team that you thought was done already.

Maverick04
07-19-2011, 11:42 PM
Good point...

It's like driving to the hospital because your wife is pregnant, getting there in record time (better than you ever timed yourself)... then realizing you left her at home...

Haha very good

DuffHouse12
07-19-2011, 11:43 PM
seems as though the crowd has thinned here - hopefully that will keep the EA Servers streamin.

i must enquire, wilson - do the words "Page Side Rage Side" or "Page's House" mean anything to anyone else here?

linden908
first thing to do when the rosters come out....i will pick a freakin powerhouse and destroy UAB in a exibition game lol

Badgersfan
Good point...

...there is a lot of people who do this sometimes

BoiseBronco
07-19-2011, 11:44 PM
Good point...

Dude, that shit has me laughing so hard...HAHA!!

bucknut1007
Good point...

Love it. Gotta say though I really can see myself doing this. lol Must be one of the reasons I'm still single.

bhrangerfan0809
first thing to do when the rosters come out....i will pick a freakin powerhouse and destroy UAB in a exibition game lol

^this

MavsFan41
I'll play it on Freshman, and run up the score on UAB. What a waste of a team.

MVPevy

LOL

Caly2020
07-19-2011, 11:45 PM
You know what the trick is???

Make her drive!

Love it. Gotta say though I really can see myself doing this. lol Must be one of the reasons I'm still single.

BoiseBronco
seems as though the crowd has thinned here - hopefully that will keep the EA Servers streamin.

i must enquire, wilson - do the words "Page Side Rage Side" or "Page's House" mean anything to anyone else here?

I think that's the name of the girl who's hallways I pissed in one night.

TarMond
Kinda reminds me of driving all the way to Taco Bell for late night just to find out they're closed. Devastated.

mjarz02
This year the rosters seemed to be really really messed up. I'm not surprised since all the attention from the lawsuits.

Caly2020
07-19-2011, 11:46 PM
Ah, that is even worse than leaving the pregger wife at home... At least you were going to get something out of your destination... I just got a kid!

My venture cost me more money... your's would have satisfied you.

Kinda reminds me of driving all the way to Taco Bell for late night just to find out they're closed. Devastated.

NIteMarE
07-19-2011, 11:46 PM
http://www.nuk3.com/gallery/images/comedy/full/523.jpg

Caly2020
07-19-2011, 11:47 PM
This year the rosters seemed to be really really messed up. I'm not surprised since all the attention from the lawsuits.

Nebraska players too :( what was his name zac taylor or something? that was the last one i read about...

Badgersfan
07-19-2011, 11:48 PM
Hey anyone else want to help with roster edits. I lost my partner for mw teams so I might have to do it myself

Caly2020
07-19-2011, 11:49 PM
Now you know how Gator feels...

Hey anyone else want to help with roster edits. I lost my partner for mw teams so I might have to do it myself

gschwendt
07-19-2011, 11:49 PM
Alright guys... I'm calling it a night. So rather than leave the wild west open like last night, I've removed the ability for newly registered members to post whatsoever. This isn't in response to anything late tonight... this thread (for the most part) has been moderately on topic but just a preemptive measure to ensure that last night doesn't happen again.

Both Gator & Buckeye will be able to post in this thread as will other long-term members and/or donators (no, this is not to get you to donate).

Let your fingers enjoy the night off but like I said, Buckeye & Gator can post in here and/or start a new thread whenever the rosters are completed.

Caly2020
07-19-2011, 11:50 PM
Thanks,

Alright guys... I'm calling it a night. So rather than leave the wild west open like last night, I've removed the ability for newly registered members to post whatsoever. This isn't in response to anything late tonight... this thread (for the most part) has been moderately on topic but just a preemptive measure to ensure that last night doesn't happen again.

Both Gator & Buckeye will be able to post in this thread as will other long-term members and/or donators (no, this is not to get you to donate).

Let your fingers enjoy the night off but like I said, Buckeye & Gator can post in here and/or start a new thread whenever the rosters are completed.

TarMond
07-19-2011, 11:51 PM
Thanks, G

buckeye02
07-19-2011, 11:54 PM
Gator is done naming UAB. All he has to do now is re order the depth charts. That way you wont see an offensive lineman at at QB.

TarMond
07-19-2011, 11:55 PM
Hey, I played RT in high school and I have a CANNON for an arm.

In all seriousness, thanks so much for all the work you and Gator do. I used to perfect UNC's roster before I played a single game. So, I know about 1/120 of the hassle y'all go through.

buckeye02
07-20-2011, 12:04 AM
Halfway though re-ordering

buckeye02
07-20-2011, 12:09 AM
rosters are now up.

buckeye02
07-20-2011, 12:13 AM
PSN is: GatorNuts0208

TarMond
07-20-2011, 12:13 AM
Thanks Buck and Gator. Checking them out now. Should I PM one of y'all with roster suggestions/corrections?

buckeye02
07-20-2011, 12:14 AM
PSN: GatorNuts0208

buckeye02
07-20-2011, 12:14 AM
Thanks Buck and Gator. Checking them out now. Should I PM one of y'all with roster suggestions/corrections?

Gator will make a thread about the corrections.

cjg225
07-20-2011, 07:03 AM
Gator will make a thread about the corrections.
Awesome. lol

I downloaded the roster after I got up this morning, but I'm at work now so I don't have it in front of me. A cursory glance at the Penn State roster shows a few big changes (for example, our probably starting center is still not on the roster) and a few small changes (for example, our 3rd string running back is a RS-Junior, not a RS-Senior).

griffin2608
07-20-2011, 07:30 AM
If you don't like how long it took do them your self and shut the hell up.

football nut
07-20-2011, 07:58 AM
Don't know how UAB slipped under the radar for a few days. When you have 120 teams, i guess its a little easier than i would think.

I can't believe that there isn't more mistakes considering the lack of sleep and frustration with the loss of work you two have. Great job, will be getting them in an hour or so when I get back home.

Yep, I believe this sort of thing happened a few years ago and as soon as they were complete, it went from complaining to praise.

Thanks so much guys for all your effort - donation coming soon!

Butnerthe3rd
07-20-2011, 08:32 AM
I downloaded the rosters this morning, do thank you to Buck & Gator for their hard work, and having a detailed roster like this only a week after release is awesome.

As far as waiting goes: I have to say I'm a person that sticks with a brand. If a brand or product consistently shows great results I'll keep using it. And that is the case with these rosters. I know what to expect each year, and that will keep me coming back, and if I have to wait a week or two, so be it. I get great detail for free, and I'll also have plenty of time to enjoy it with Madden pushed back to the end of August.

eyedoc79
07-20-2011, 08:35 AM
Awesome work guys, thank you so much!

The U
07-20-2011, 08:40 AM
PSN: GatorNuts0208

Gator and Buck. God Bless.

JBHuskers
07-20-2011, 08:58 AM

Exactly...the game has been out EIGHT F'N DAYS...bunch of idiots and spoiled brats running around the past few days whining.

griffin2608
07-20-2011, 09:06 AM
Exactly...the game has been out EIGHT F'N DAYS...bunch of idiots and spoiled brats running around the past few days whining.

It's really unbelievable. People who bitch about rosters shouldn't be allowed to get rosters from anyone. I have actually tried to name rosters myself and it's a huge undertaking. I couldn't imagine spending that much time naming rosters much less anything else.

SmoothPancakes
07-20-2011, 09:12 AM

Amen. I remember the PS2 when you either did your own rosters, mailed in your memory card, or used one of those devices (I can't even remember what they're called anymore it's been so long) to get the rosters from your computer to your memory card. Now people start bitching if the rosters aren't done by release day.

Even browsing Buck's and Gator's corrections thread on OS (don't ask why I'm subjecting myself to that, because I don't know either :fp:), there are still people bitching about their team's roster being wrong. Well what the hell were you expecting? You bitched over and over and over about how long they were taking to the point they finally said to hell with it and released an incomplete Version 1 roster to shut the complainers up and get help from the rest of the community on specific teams, and those people still bitch.

It's never ending. Stuff like watching all this in recent days, is the number one reason I would never attempt to do my own rosters like B&G, FK, etc do, because of the incessant bitching by those who think they deserved to have them done the day before the game comes out and making them wait a day longer is infringing on their human rights. Well, that and in the past when I'd do just Navy's roster and whatnot, it took long enough that there is no way in hell I'd ever try doing all 120 teams. Just doing all the coach names and setting the correct alma maters on all Head Coaches on Fairdale King's first release of rosters took 2 or 3 hours. So anyone who does rosters, especially year in and year out, with all the spoiled brats on the internet these days, they have massive respect from me.

BYU 14
07-20-2011, 09:13 AM
Thank you for your hard work guys, got my custom conferences set up amd ready to go. I will get you the updates on the BYU roster later today when Gator puts up the thread. I pm'd a change list late on the process based on the initial set of named rosters from gaming tailgate, please disregard that as I will make the remaining small tweaks needed.

Deuce
07-20-2011, 09:13 AM
I hope one day that editing rosters can be done thru teambuilder. After gametrailers leaked that screen that showed 'teambuilder roster share' I was really hopeful. It would make the lives of these guys so much easier. For one, they could start earlier and two it would be so much easier on the web vs. the ps3 console.

cjg225
07-20-2011, 09:22 AM
Even browsing Buck's and Gator's corrections thread on OS (don't ask why I'm subjecting myself to that, because I don't know either :fp:), there are still people bitching about their team's roster being wrong. Well what the hell were you expecting? You bitched over and over and over about how long they were taking to the point they finally said to hell with it and released an incomplete Version 1 roster to shut the complainers up and get help from the rest of the community on specific teams, and those people still bitch
I'm subjecting myself to it to make sure that PSU fans don't make mistakes with their suggestions, as I can see that they are repeatedly. I guess I'm going to have to make an account over there and start correcting them, lest PSU's roster is still broken, through no fault of Gator or Buck, because PSU fans who have no idea what they're talking about are making changes.

JBHuskers
07-20-2011, 09:23 AM
I'm subjecting myself to it to make sure that PSU fans don't make mistakes with their suggestions, as I can see that they are repeatedly. I guess I'm going to have to make an account over there and start correcting them, lest PSU's roster is still broken, through no fault of Gator or Buck, because PSU fans who have no idea what they're talking about are making changes.

That's why I don't care. Named rosters are good for me, and then towards the end of the season, Luvtotha9's has a pretty good edited set. Considering the season hasn't started yet, I really don't care about edited rosters at this time since a lot can change between now and November.

SmoothPancakes
07-20-2011, 09:36 AM
That's why I don't care. Named rosters are good for me, and then towards the end of the season, Luvtotha9's has a pretty good edited set. Considering the season hasn't started yet, I really don't care about edited rosters at this time since a lot can change between now and November.

Exactly. For me right now, I just want the names. If Terrelle Pryor is still in my game, I don't care, it doesn't affect me in my offline dynasty since I don't play Ohio State on my schedule, and he'll be gone after this first season. Same thing with players missing or something. For right now, names are good enough so I can jump into my dynasties. After 4 years, none of the players on the current roster will even exist anymore, so I've never been one to get worked up about it.

But that's just me personally, and I know some people want things as perfect as they can get them clear down to which nostril the player picks, and with which finger, while they're standing on the sideline.

coogrfan
07-20-2011, 09:53 AM

Well said. The sense of entitlement you get from some of the clowns posting over at OS is absolutely nauseating.

JBHuskers
07-20-2011, 09:56 AM
Well said. The sense of entitlement you get from some of the clowns posting over at OS is absolutely nauseating.

http://www.bloggergeeze.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/google+1.jpg

Badgersfan
07-20-2011, 09:58 AM
i love these rosters. I just figure on helping them out with looking for any changes that need to made. I dont know why ppl always have to complain about stuff being wrong when they could have put in time to send changes that they might have missed. And im always happy to wait for great quality stuff.

JBHuskers
07-20-2011, 10:01 AM
i love these rosters. I just figure on helping them out with looking for any changes that need to made. I dont know why ppl always have to complain about stuff being wrong when they could have put in time to send changes that they might have missed. And im always happy to wait for great quality stuff.

Yeah exactly. I always like to play the what if game (and start my dynasty sooner) with the current named rosters. Then I like to go in after the end of the CFB season I will start a new offline one with updated rosters. Typically I'd take over a team that had a cinderella type of season and try to replicate it.

Badgersfan
07-20-2011, 10:07 AM
Yeah exactly. I always like to play the what if game (and start my dynasty sooner) with the current named rosters. Then I like to go in after the end of the CFB season I will start a new offline one with updated rosters. Typically I'd take over a team that had a cinderella type of season and try to replicate it.

I always try to play a dynasty with the badgers and then i will take the challenge to try to rebuild a team like san jose state...or in this game i will pick a team like san jose state and try to work myself to a big school coaching job.

cjg225
07-20-2011, 10:10 AM
Eh, they obviously don't have to listen to me. I appreciate what they've done regardless. I just don't want them to make additional mistakes because they're listening to people who are clueless (and neither Gator nor Buck would have any reason to know that they are).

jusblaze09
07-20-2011, 10:22 AM

Then they get mad at the mods/admins when they crack down. That's why I try to stay out of the NCAA forum.

Whoever started that "In b4 the lock" crap can go burn in a bottomless pit for all I care.

eyedoc79
07-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Well said, fellow Cougar!

BeADuckOrGrouse
07-20-2011, 10:50 AM
The rosters look good. Thanks Gator and Buck. Vast improvement over the sea of suckdom that was the default roster.

coogrfan
07-20-2011, 11:00 AM
well said, fellow cougar!

:)

Eat 'Em Up! Eat 'Em Up! Go, Coogs, Go!

ebarws6
07-20-2011, 11:15 AM
Rosters look great. No spelling mistakes or people that shouldn't be there on Stanford at least. Will they be opening up a corrections thread here?

BoiseBronco
07-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Thanks a bunch Buck and Gator. Now I can try my hand at building up Western Kentucky...

Wildcats302
07-20-2011, 11:46 AM
Yeah the OS correction thread is a joke.

Here's the deal...no one cares about your specific team everyone, except you and your other fellow nerdy fans of said team. I'm a Kentucky fan...do you guys care if Buckeye or Gator misspelled my 4th string Linebackers last name by a letter or left off a 3 star frosh or did not move my back up LG to RG? Will that hamper your dynasty experience with say Penn State if you play with them? I'd hope not.

That's why I do not get why people are so hardcore bitching...FIX YOUR TEAM ON YOUR OWN DYNASTY! Geeze...that's all you have to do. I made a few minor adjustments with UK but do not find them serious enough to bitch about in that thread mainly because you guys do not even know the issues because you are not rabid UK fans or a fan. Anyone else get what I"m saying? I just appreciate these rosters, great work!

JBHuskers
07-20-2011, 11:49 AM
Like I said the majority of fairweather vistors here and there are entitled f'n brats.

jaymo76
07-20-2011, 12:07 PM
Though I didn't use these particular rosters this year, I am grateful for the time and effort of ALL people who develop rosters for the NCAA community. They do this out of the goodness of their hearts and are not at all obliged to do so. With all the flack they get I'm suprised anyone does it.

SmoothPancakes
07-20-2011, 12:15 PM
Like I said the majority of fairweather vistors here and there are entitled f'n brats.

:up: :up: :up:

The come and go people looking for spotless perfect rosters, and want them ready and available to download the day before the game comes out, and then bitch when they don't have them, those people I hate with a passion.

The guys in this thread, some pretty levelheaded guys that are only looking to help Buck and Bait do the best they can do, like BoiseBronco, ebarws6, griffin2608, cjg225, Badgersfan, etc. There are a bunch more, but those are the ones I can recall off the top of my head at the moment. Those guys seem like genuinely good, considerate guys who will do what it takes to help out.

The spoiled brats however, complaining because the worst CB on their team's roster doesn't have a visor, has the incorrect helmet style, and doesn't have a f'n band on his right forearm, so therefore the rosters "are the suxorz!1!11!!", they can all go rot. :fp:

JSHT21
07-20-2011, 12:17 PM
They mispelled one of Clemson's running backs, and left in a walk on QB that will never see the playing field.

I fixed the spelling mistake and replaced the QB with a incoming freshman, don't complain about a few mistakes fix them yourself.

JBHuskers
07-20-2011, 12:17 PM
....and as soon as Tommy started dropping the hammer, they started acting like douchebags with four popped collars.

jaymo76
07-20-2011, 12:20 PM
....and as soon as Tommy started dropping the hammer, they started acting like douchebags with four popped collars.

Breathe deeply JB... Madden comes out in another month and then all of these "drop-ins" will be gone :)

BoiseBronco
07-20-2011, 12:22 PM
The "mistakes" were easy fixes that nobody should be complaining about. Over a week of straight work staring at the damn NCAA '12 Roster Screen, etc.

Anybody complaining should be hung by their nuts from a real tall tree with heavy gusts of wind coming...

Butnerthe3rd
07-20-2011, 12:22 PM

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/users/1/13255/52_2007/douche.jpg

So these were the guys whining about getting in trouble on a message board? Trolls...

Wildcats302
07-20-2011, 12:24 PM
They mispelled one of Clemson's running backs, and left in a walk on QB that will never see the playing field.

I fixed the spelling mistake and replaced the QB with a incoming freshman, don't complain about a few mistakes fix them yourself.

This is a great post. See, I would not even know that about Clemson. Most others would not either. I commend you on your maturity to do it yourself for your individual rosters. If only everyone could do that like us. :P

BYU 14
07-20-2011, 12:24 PM
I agree with all the above and I will fix the issues on my team and start playing. They did indicate they wanted to release a version 2.0 so they are looking for feedback on teams the users know, so I will share that with them as well.

Making a some edits myself is certainly not going to take away from my experience or the time and effort they put into version 1.0 for us though.

SmoothPancakes
07-20-2011, 12:25 PM
Yeah the OS correction thread is a joke.

Here's the deal...no one cares about your specific team everyone, except you and your other fellow nerdy fans of said team. I'm a Kentucky fan...do you guys care if Buckeye or Gator misspelled my 4th string Linebackers last name by a letter or left off a 3 star frosh or did not move my back up LG to RG? Will that hamper your dynasty experience with say Penn State if you play with them? I'd hope not.

That's why I do not get why people are so hardcore bitching...FIX YOUR TEAM ON YOUR OWN DYNASTY! Geeze...that's all you have to do. I made a few minor adjustments with UK but do not find them serious enough to bitch about in that thread mainly because you guys do not even know the issues because you are not rabid UK fans or a fan. Anyone else get what I"m saying? I just appreciate these rosters, great work!

Exactly man! You understand and get it perfectly! If there are minor issues on your team, fix them yourself. Don't weigh down everything that Buck and Bait have to do for Version 2 with tiny little stupid things like no visor or a missing armband. Is something like a missing armband REALLY that big of a deal to get worked up about? Some people really have no clue how to do something themselves. Or they're too lazy to take up the initiative to fix a minor little thing themselves.

Though I didn't use these particular rosters this year, I am grateful for the time and effort of ALL people who develop rosters for the NCAA community. They do this out of the goodness of their hearts and are not at all obliged to do so. With all the flack they get I'm suprised anyone does it.

Agreed completely jaymo. I usually only use one person's rosters (Fairdale King's on 360), but for every single person out there who takes the time out of their days and their life to not only do rosters, but then release them to the community for others to use and enjoy, for free, I have the utmost respect for those guys. Anyone who has the gall to bitch and moan incessantly about something, that they refuse to do themselves, my god I wish there was a way to block certain users from downloading that roster file. That'd sure as hell cut down on 90% of the complaining. :D

Yeah. I noticed that. I knew it was only a matter of time before that ended up happening.

umhester04
07-20-2011, 12:28 PM
Yes I am going to wait next year and these rosters are great! I just was hoping they had some equipment edits but those I can easily do myself anyways

ebarws6
07-20-2011, 12:41 PM
For those saying "FIX IT YOURSELF AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!1!1!!1!1!!!1!uno!!!" while this is true that you can make the corrections for yourself in the meantime, having Gator or Buckeye/BlockO input these into the roster makes it better for everyone. Do I really care that much if SJSU has the correct equipment and name spelling for their long snapper? Not really. But small attention to detail sets good rosters apart from great ones. Plus, if someone out there actually does care for a correct longsnapper for the National Champion Spartans, then they are also made that much more happy.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that not everyone saying, "name misspelled and no knee brace," is an ungrateful brat who doesn't appreciate their work, but they want the rosters to be better in general. I, for one, am certain that once they open up a corrections thread here, I will be all over it; not because I think they suck, but because I know I can help them to be as accurate as possible.

Parker66
07-20-2011, 12:46 PM
Is Isaiah Crowell in the game?

ebarws6
07-20-2011, 12:46 PM
Note: last post not directed at anyone specifically or a recent post. Just responding to common observation I've around the roster community.

mjarz02
07-20-2011, 12:47 PM
I think the main thing is just making sure that the teams have up to date rosters and some minor adjustments to ratings, but that's secondary. Equipment edits are something that can be addressed in a later update.

Parker66
07-20-2011, 12:58 PM
I think the main thing is just making sure that the teams have up to date rosters and some minor adjustments to ratings, but that's secondary. Equipment edits are something that can be addressed in a later update.

Exactly, who cares about # changes and equipment issues !

ebarws6
07-20-2011, 01:05 PM
Exactly, who cares about # changes and equipment issues !

I do. But I'm not expecting them to have any of that in about a weeks time. Takes alot of time and community input.

BoiseBronco
07-20-2011, 01:15 PM
All I can say is that Bobby Rainey is a beast so far in my Dynasty with Western Kentucky.

Parker66
07-20-2011, 01:20 PM
I do. But I'm not expecting them to have any of that in about a weeks time. Takes alot of time and community input.

OK...but you probably only care about your team. If your team is Stanford, do you care if Idaho's 3rd string Red Shirt Freshman is 52 instead of 54?

SmoothPancakes
07-20-2011, 01:22 PM
For those saying "FIX IT YOURSELF AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!1!1!!1!1!!!1!uno!!!" while this is true that you can make the corrections for yourself in the meantime, having Gator or Buckeye/BlockO input these into the roster makes it better for everyone. Do I really care that much if SJSU has the correct equipment and name spelling for their long snapper? Not really. But small attention to detail sets good rosters apart from great ones. Plus, if someone out there actually does care for a correct longsnapper for the National Champion Spartans, then they are also made that much more happy.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that not everyone saying, "name misspelled and no knee brace," is an ungrateful brat who doesn't appreciate their work, but they want the rosters to be better in general. I, for one, am certain that once they open up a corrections thread here, I will be all over it; not because I think they suck, but because I know I can help them to be as accurate as possible.

Note: last post not directed at anyone specifically or a recent post. Just responding to common observation I've around the roster community.

As one of those people, just giving my personal response, even though it wasn't directed at anyone specifically, I just want to say, I understand completely where you are coming from man. I agree, the level of detail that they go into is definitely above and beyond what you will see from any other roster makers besides the 360 community rosters. I have heard nothing but great things over the years about Buck and Bait's rosters and if I was a PS3 guy, I'd be right here with you guys waiting on them.

And please nobody get me wrong when I mention the tiny corrections and people being brats. I'm more referring to the people who were acting like spider monkeys jacked up on Mountain Dew: Code Red both over at OS and over here just because the guys missed their ETA on the rosters being done, even though they had some major setbacks and issues, but hey, those moaning about the rosters didn't care about that.

And then those, specifically in the locked threads over at OS, saying that Buck and Bait are scam artists and other crap just because they missed an ETA, and then to get the community to maybe settle down about the rosters not yet being done, released a version 1, instead of a entirely completed first and final version, which then started up the people bitching about how the guys' rosters suck because they have this wrong and that wrong and it's "just horrible", which those people themselves are essentially to blame, because they got so bad they practically forced Gator to release the rosters before they were actually done.

Those were the people I was referring to, not just anyone or everyone asking for a change of equipment on some random player. Though I will be blunt and say that I do still think asking for them to put a knee brace on the 4th string running back or change the white armband on the left arm to a black armband on the right arm of the linebacker or something is going a little overboard. Sure, the guys are doing those kinds of changes, which only gives me that much more respect for them for going that in depth, going way beyond just naming players like others do, but some of those request I saw in the OS thread were definitely approaching the point of ridiculous.

And for people like yourself, and others over here who are taking the time to look up stuff for other teams (especially those guys looking up the entire Mountain West), you guys are the guys I respect because you're all going out of your way to help those guys out and help make those rosters the best they can be. It's the people that are verbally abusing both of the guys over at OS (the ones who's posts are getting their posts deleted and accounts banned, but you can read their attacks in the posts of people who quoted them) just because one tiny thing is wrong on one player on their roster.

Those are the guys that can, as BoiseBronco so very well stated it "Anybody complaining should be hung by their nuts from a real tall tree with heavy gusts of wind coming..." :D

BoiseBronco
07-20-2011, 02:05 PM
Looks like the Game is screwing me. Bobby Rainey's been "Ghost Benched" these past 2 Drives with the game on the line here. I'm stuck with his backup.

He's not gassed or injured, either...

BoiseBronco
07-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Looks like the Game is screwing me. Bobby Rainey's been "Ghost Benched" these past 2 Drives with the game on the line here. I'm stuck with his backup.

He's not gassed or injured, either...

And now we're in OT and he's still not in the damn game. I can't get him in at all...must be another Patch needed.

cjg225
07-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Yikes. I have even more respect for Gator and Buck now. I spent 2 hours working on the Penn State roster and it's about as near to perfect as I can get, given the limitations of NCAA's rosters.

If any PSU fans are interested in getting a great PSU roster now, my PSN ID is cjg225. HUGE credit to Gator and Buck for doing so much work this past week! And thanks to the Nebraska fans on OS, actually, for giving me the idea to do this.

I'm writing down all the changes I made so I can reproduce them when Version 2 comes out. I am also going to submit a less busy template of the PSU changes to Gator and Buck, without all the ticky-tack changes like hometowns and some number changes. I will, hopefully, do a Version 2 of the edits I made to the Gator/Buck roster when their Version 2 comes out. That way PSU fans can have the benefit, again, of a great PSU roster along with the rest of the D-IA teams being improved.

BoiseBronco
07-20-2011, 02:36 PM
And now we're in OT and he's still not in the damn game. I can't get him in at all...must be another Patch needed.

Well we won for those that care.

I know it's in the "wrong area," but I posted this here seeing as I've been talking with you guys the entire time.

Just wondering if anyone knows as to why this happened??

Thanks.

ram29jackson
07-20-2011, 02:41 PM

LOL the hilarity in just reading this thread ...just so amusing

ram29jackson
07-20-2011, 02:42 PM

I know it's in the "wrong area," but I posted this here seeing as I've been talking with you guys the entire time.

Thanks.

....go away....

football nut
07-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Why wouldn't you come back next year? Seriously, all the work and detail they put into it, are you kidding me? And the best part is I haven't even used it yet but I know its going to be great. So what there are a few bumps here or there, big deal! Even without everyone correcting, its still close enough to enhance the experience and give you that gameday Saturday that you want. Eight days and you have a roster, if the vast majority of us did our own we would still be completing it in September.

I think we should all be happy with what these to guys have done for all of us. I still think we can do a correction thread and with everyone helping, a few days for these guys to just relax and get some much needed and deserved sleep we could have v2 out in no time.

Until then, be happy with what we have and play some ball!!

thered
07-20-2011, 02:54 PM
Personally from me I will be back and I don't mind the wait. My biggest concern is names, numbers and stats. Heck the stats, equipment, hair doesn't have to be perfect just close and I'm fine. I don't care if D-Rob didn't have dreads in the game. It really isn't that serious for me. What would be serious if he had a 65 speed rating that wasn't addressed. That is something big and obviously not right. So as long as Buck and Gator get everything close I'm happy with it. Don't get me wrong I appreciate them going above and beyond and this is the reason their rosters are the best. I guess if your gonna do something do it to the best of your ability and I for one believe they have and I appreciate it

ebarws6
07-20-2011, 03:29 PM
OK...but you probably only care about your team. If your team is Stanford, do you care if Idaho's 3rd string Red Shirt Freshman is 52 instead of 54?

Do I really care that much if SJSU has the correct equipment and name spelling for their long snapper? Not really. But small attention to detail sets good rosters apart from great ones. Plus, if someone out there actually does care for a correct longsnapper for the National Champion Spartans, then they are also made that much more happy.

BoiseBronco
07-20-2011, 03:42 PM
....go away....

OK, but only because you said so. I shall now continue the flow of my tears and sniffling because RamsAssSon told me to go away...

jusblaze09
07-20-2011, 03:43 PM
I think the main thing that people who are complaining realize that a simple mistake that I'm sure a lot of sleep-deprived people working on rosters would make caused them to lose a lot of work. I'm pretty sure if they don't lose 18 hours of work, some of the things people are going mad over wouldn't be wrong, and they just need to take a chill pill.

ebarws6
07-20-2011, 03:44 PM
It's also kinda crazy with this wave of people coming in to check out Gator and Buckeye's roster that some of them already have 2x the posts as me and I've been here for over a year lol. Kinda shows how crazy the original thread got.

football nut
07-20-2011, 03:47 PM
The only big mistake I have seen is they have Brian Campbell? as the coach of TCU when it should be Gary Patterson.

BoiseBronco
07-20-2011, 04:02 PM
The only big mistake I have seen is they have Brian Campbell? as the coach of TCU when it should be Gary Patterson.

There's a few Teams with "wrong" Coaches. TCU and Boise State were the 1st 2 teams I checked.

Sorry RamsAssSon, I'm still here...

JBHuskers
07-20-2011, 04:04 PM
There's a few Teams with "wrong" Coaches. TCU and Boise State were the 1st 2 teams I checked.

No need for immature name calling here....

football nut
07-20-2011, 04:08 PM

Nothing that a quick fix wouldn't take care of. Everything else seems to be really, really close as far as I can tell, so far. Still an awesome job:up:

SmoothPancakes
07-20-2011, 04:15 PM

I believe one of the guys said that was because A: Some of the coaches that were renamed were lost the night that they lost 18 hours of work. And B: Because all of the coaches in the game are already fake named, as opposed to just #1 or something like the players, you have to pick through the coaches with a fine toothed comb to figure out which coaches still needed named (or renamed after being lost that one night), which they haven't had a chance to do yet.

morsdraconis
07-20-2011, 04:19 PM
:smh:

Don't do it Smooth. This thread is one giant black hole. You start posting now and it'll just culminate in posting in here again and again.

See, I've already made the same mistake which will force me to actually read this piece of shit now.

JBHuskers
07-20-2011, 04:20 PM

Don't do it Smooth. This thread is one giant black hole. You start posting now and it'll just culminate in posting in here again and again.

See, I've already made the same mistake which will force me to actually read this piece of shit now.

:D :D :D

morsdraconis
07-20-2011, 04:28 PM
God damn it! Not you too Jeremy!

ram29jackson
07-20-2011, 04:28 PM
hey, at leat the Boise-guy posted something actually related to topic :P:fp:

Mors is right, I aint coming in this thread no more :sf::easy:

JSHT21
07-20-2011, 04:29 PM

Thanks.

Are you using custom sub sliders? I know last year if you did fatigue was kind of broken and it would lead to alot of your starters being benched near the end, when in reality they weren't tired. Just a thought.

BoiseBronco
07-20-2011, 05:02 PM
Are you using custom sub sliders? I know last year if you did fatigue was kind of broken and it would lead to alot of your starters being benched near the end, when in reality they weren't tired. Just a thought.

Yes Sir. I am using Custom Sub-Sliders...could possibly be the reason, but all the other Starters were in there 100% correct.

Won't matter now, Game 2 I got Bobby a concussion, Out For Game. Damn Concussions...

JSHT21
07-20-2011, 05:08 PM
Yes Sir. I am using Custom Sub-Sliders...could possibly be the reason, but all the other Starters were in there 100% correct.

Won't matter now, Game 2 I got Bobby a concussion, Out For Game. Damn Concussions...

Injuries happen way too often this year. Way way way too often.

BoiseBronco
07-20-2011, 05:12 PM
Injuries happen way too often this year. Way way way too often.

Yup.

BoiseBronco
07-20-2011, 05:16 PM
Tulane just gave me the F-U PA Pass when it was 21-17. I lost this game 'cause Bobby got hurt, QB got hurt, and I missed 2 FG's early...