PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have any ideas on the freezing issue?

Dr Death
07-18-2011, 02:48 PM
I have played about 15 Play Now games and then, using Steelerfan's sliders and FK's rosters, I started a dynasty. I am :Wyoming: and am the OC. It's week 7, we are 5-0 and playing at :Utah_State: and the game froze at the end of the 3rd quarter... then after several hours of letting the frustration die down, I tried again, this time it froze up w/ 3:23 left in the 1st quarter.

So... CPB's are a mess and constant freezing in Dynasty mode in week 7... I am near the point of just not playing this anymore until around September when, hopefully, they have these issues fixed. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on why this thing is freezing up?

Also... does anyone know if there's a way as an OC or DC to set the game to Watch mode when you're not on the field? I get tired of constantly hitting the RB button to watch the next play. Would love it if you could just set it to Watch and be done w/ it.

CLW
07-18-2011, 09:11 PM
I've been experiencing a freeze issue as well on the PS3. After nearly EVERY big play the game will freeze/lock up for 1-2 seconds and then resume.

BaylorBearBryant
07-18-2011, 09:31 PM
I've been experiencing a freeze issue as well on the PS3. After nearly EVERY big play the game will freeze/lock up for 1-2 seconds and then resume.

I have this happen, but no full lockups.

morsdraconis
07-19-2011, 07:13 AM
Sadly, there appears to be no way to do constant Watch Mode as an OC or DC, but I haven't had any issues with freezing at all. In fact, it's something that I've only seen mentioned by PS3 users so it looks like it might be a PS3 issue and not a game wide issue (hoping I didn't just jinx myself there).

roccogator
07-19-2011, 08:28 AM
I am on 360 and I had my second in-game freeze last night so it isn't just PS3. Something in common with both instances for me was I was in an offline game, with my console online, and it happened on plays I would have gotten Season Showdown points on. First game should have been running the clock bonus, and last night was immediately after receiver caught a pass in the end zone.

After the first freeze late last week I completely removed the wireless adapter from my 360 so I wouldn't be online. Didn't have a single in-game freeze all weekend (Still had a few freezes in recruiting). Last night I went back online to download rosters for a new dynasty, and then in my second game my system froze in the 3rd quarter. Until a patch comes out I will make sure my console is offline before starting any games to see if it eliminates my in-game freeze problem.

Dr Death
07-19-2011, 09:01 AM
I am on 360 and I had my second in-game freeze last night so it isn't just PS3.

Yeah, I should have said I am on XBox 360 as well, but the logo by my screen name shows the XBox symbol. It isn't just a PS3 thing, 'cause I ain't got no damn PS3! :D :smh:

And for me, the freeze ups were random; one at the end of quarter 3 and the other w/ 3:23 left in the 1st... totally random and totally irritating.

IRaineZz
07-26-2011, 12:04 PM
I keep getting freezing when the cpu calls a no-huddle, the rest works

JBHuskers
07-26-2011, 12:07 PM
I keep getting freezing when the cpu calls a no-huddle, the rest works

Same here.

OptionMasta
07-26-2011, 11:39 PM
My brother was having terrible freezing issues to where he couldn't finish a game on PS3 and he talked with someone from EA about it and they told him to delete something (save data utility?) and he hasn't had a freeze-up since he did that.

I get a freeze about every 3 games. It happens right after my custom playbook loads and I am about to enter the game.