PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with that? RB & WR Carry Ratings throughout Dynasty Mode

Lord Marshall X
07-17-2011, 10:48 AM
WR recruits in the dynasties with ridiculous carry and the running backs have horrible carry.

Here are my WR's carry after 5 years 96,93,90,89,88,86,83.

Here are my RB's 87,79,74,72,69.

Come on Man!!!!

morsdraconis
07-17-2011, 02:48 PM
Then edit them. That's why they gave you the ability to do so. :fp:

ram29jackson
07-17-2011, 03:54 PM
Then edit them. That's why they gave you the ability to do so. :fp:

They gave us the ability to do so because they cant do it correctly in the first place ?

I say he should leave the running backs like they are and see if more fumbles occur or not

morsdraconis
07-17-2011, 04:24 PM
They gave us the ability to do so because they cant do it correctly in the first place ?

I say he should leave the running backs like they are and see if more fumbles occur or not

No. They gave you that ability so you won't fuckin' bitch about STUPID SHIT.

Don't like how things are rated? Change them! It's really that simple.

ram29jackson
07-17-2011, 04:36 PM

but that should only be for the the freedom of customization . Not to cover mistakes for a poorly made product. will that be the excuse every year-lets bypass that and let the user worry about it -?
but like I said- leave it as is and see if fumbles happen often, because ratings still seem to not matter in the game in the truest sense.

OptionMasta
07-17-2011, 05:30 PM
For the low price of $60 you can beta test our game AND fix issues we can't/won't!

oweb26
07-17-2011, 05:32 PM

I approve this message!!!!!

ram29jackson
07-17-2011, 05:35 PM
but that should only be for the the freedom of customization . Not to cover mistakes for a poorly made product. will that be the excuse every year-lets bypass that and let the user worry about it -?
but like I said- leave it as is and see if fumbles happen often, because ratings still seem to not matter in the game in the truest sense.

For the low price of $60 you can beta test our game AND fix issues we can't/won't!

I approve this message!!!!!

:D

MtneerManiac
07-17-2011, 06:10 PM

You have a big fucking mouth, first of all.

Secondly, people shouldn't have to sit there and edit ratings for hours on end a few years into dynasty mode. If it's messed up for him can you imagine what it is for the other teams?

Oh, wait, nevermind! That's complaining about "STUPID SHIT". How dare people expect something to actually function correctly! Shame on them! People and their stupid shit, I swear.

cdj
07-17-2011, 06:30 PM
Chill out, boys. No one wants to read through the f-bombs and insults when the OP does have a legit question to start the thread.

cdj
07-17-2011, 06:40 PM
WR recruits in the dynasties with ridiculous carry and the running backs have horrible carry.

Here are my WR's carry after 5 years 96,93,90,89,88,86,83.

Here are my RB's 87,79,74,72,69.

Come on Man!!!!

How does that compare to default rosters? What kind of Carry rating do these players have as recruits? As well, what caliber of recruits were they when they came in?

I haven't looked at the default rosters to see how the Carry Rating differs between RB & WR, but I can see why it might make some sense for WRs to have a higher Carry rating than RB (but maybe not a huge discrepancy).

As the saying goes, "three things can happen when you pass the ball, and two of them are bad." WR need to get a good pass from the QB and then haul in the pass (Catch ratings). From there, Carry takes effect. As a RB, it's taking the handoff and go - where Carry begins.

Are you seeing a lot of fumbles from your RBs and few/none from your WRs?

Lord Marshall X
07-17-2011, 06:57 PM
How does that compare to default rosters? What kind of Carry rating do these players have as recruits? As well, what caliber of recruits were they when they came in?

I haven't looked at the default rosters to see how the Carry Rating differs between RB & WR, but I can see why it might make some sense for WRs to have a higher Carry rating than RB (but maybe not a huge discrepancy).

As the saying goes, "three things can happen when you pass the ball, and two of them are bad." WR need to get a good pass from the QB and then haul in the pass (Catch ratings). From there, Carry takes effect. As a RB, it's taking the handoff and go - where Carry begins.

Are you seeing a lot of fumbles from your RBs and few/none from your WRs?

Its recruits that are computer generated. But what happens in an Online Dynasty? No commissioner should have that much power.

morsdraconis
07-17-2011, 10:17 PM
You have a big fucking mouth, first of all.

Secondly, people shouldn't have to sit there and edit ratings for hours on end a few years into dynasty mode. If it's messed up for him can you imagine what it is for the other teams?

Oh, wait, nevermind! That's complaining about "STUPID SHIT". How dare people expect something to actually function correctly! Shame on them! People and their stupid shit, I swear.

It's stupid shit because it's easily fixed. I've ran the ball a good 150+ times and not fumbled the ball once and this is with some of the worst players in the game (Memphis and Army). Give me a break about this being a big deal at all. It's stupid shit. Plain and simple.

BaylorBearBryant
07-18-2011, 01:58 AM
It's stupid shit because it's easily fixed. I've ran the ball a good 150+ times and not fumbled the ball once and this is with some of the worst players in the game (Memphis and Army). Give me a break about this being a big deal at all. It's stupid shit. Plain and simple.

There's no reason WR's should consistently have better carry ratings than RB's. However, fixing it is not close to being at the top of my wishlist.

There's also no reason for you to be such a d-bag.

ram29jackson
07-18-2011, 05:39 AM
Fumble might be related to catching somehow and you hear more about RBs fumbling then WRs, so....?

RBs are in traffic more often,so they fumble more often

foxdawg2000
07-18-2011, 09:26 AM
Well if they would explain why WRs carry is higher than most RBs then I believe that would help. I can see why the OP has a problem with this. I agree that the open editing is cool but shouldn't be a cop out of EA to have us fix the rating system for them.

keyser soze
07-18-2011, 09:29 AM
I am in total agreement with the OP that this is a huge FAIL on EA's part. I have begged and begged for EA to care about future Dynasty players and their ratings but for some reason, no one at EA will take the time to fix the attribute generator and what we end up with every single time is a game that has computer generated players that do not compare to the original rosters. I don't get why EA puts time into the original rosters but refuses to address the recruiting classes.

If you want to see what I am talking about simply start a dynasty and look at the high level RBs in the class. One would expect at least the high end HBs to have really good SPEED, ACC, AGI numbers right? Every good HB in the original roster set has good ratings in these 3 categories since every good HB in real life has these attributes. But since EA simply lets some random number generator pick these attributes across the board you end up with a pile of stiffs that wont match up to the guys in the original rosters at all.

Want another example, take a look at QB speed/ACC/AGI in the original rosters vs the created recruits.... While I know the Denard Ronbinsons of the world don't come along every year, there ARE a NUMBER of QBs every year that are considerably faster then LBs. If the answer to this is having to go through and hand modify the HUNDREDS of recruits every single season, EA can lick my butt! If they are going to be this lazy then they need to allow us a way to import recruiting classes entirely that can be made on EXCEL spreadsheets. In 2 hours of time I could come up with a better random number generator then they use to give players attributes.

What they are missing from what I can tell are LIMITS or BOUNDS on players potential attribute ratings based on the STAR RATING of the recruit. A 5-star HB should have a HIGHER FLOOR rating for AGI then a 2-star HB and this would fix this problem and we could have rosters that resemble the original rosters in the game.

oweb26
07-18-2011, 09:39 AM

To bring this back on track I agree with what you are saying in regards to ratings not mattering as much as they probably should. All I know and this isn't in regard to the guy who started the thread because that does seem weird, but no matter what they do they will always piss off someone and with this little invention titled the internet you will always have an audience .

Apparently mors was having a bad day! Though it was funny.

oweb26
07-18-2011, 09:45 AM
I am in total agreement with the OP that this is a huge FAIL on EA's part. I have begged and begged for EA to care about future Dynasty players and their ratings but for some reason, no one at EA will take the time to fix the attribute generator and what we end up with every single time is a game that has computer generated players that do not compare to the original rosters. I don't get why EA puts time into the original rosters but refuses to address the recruiting classes.

If you want to see what I am talking about simply start a dynasty and look at the high level RBs in the class. One would expect at least the high end HBs to have really good SPEED, ACC, AGI numbers right? Every good HB in the original roster set has good ratings in these 3 categories since every good HB in real life has these attributes. But since EA simply lets some random number generator pick these attributes across the board you end up with a pile of stiffs that wont match up to the guys in the original rosters at all.

Want another example, take a look at QB speed/ACC/AGI in the original rosters vs the created recruits.... While I know the Denard Ronbinsons of the world don't come along every year, there ARE a NUMBER of QBs every year that are considerably faster then LBs. If the answer to this is having to go through and hand modify the HUNDREDS of recruits every single season, EA can lick my butt! If they are going to be this lazy then they need to allow us a way to import recruiting classes entirely that can be made on EXCEL spreadsheets. In 2 hours of time I could come up with a better random number generator then they use to give players attributes.

What they are missing from what I can tell are LIMITS or BOUNDS on players potential attribute ratings based on the STAR RATING of the recruit. A 5-star HB should have a HIGHER FLOOR rating for AGI then a 2-star HB and this would fix this problem and we could have rosters that resemble the original rosters in the game.

Aren't there a number of QB's every year that are faster than LB's, especially at the college level. While there is a significant number slower than LB's as well. So you want guys to come in and relate to the original roster every year? Are you saying that not that many players get back to the original roster stature, if so I have to beg to differ on that one. I always seem to find the Denard Robinson every 5 season or so, honestly you just have to dig for him sometimes, there are other times when he would be the highest rated player in the class. Athletes that are QB's might start out with crappy stats by there junior or senior year they are normally pretty decent.

I do agree that they need to readjust the "limits and Bounds" though.

keyser soze
07-18-2011, 09:53 AM
Aren't there a number of QB's every year that are faster than LB's, especially at the college level. While there is a significant number slower than LB's as well. So you want guys to come in and relate to the original roster every year? Are you saying that not that many players get back to the original roster stature, if so I have to beg to differ on that one. I always seem to find the Denard Robinson every 5 season or so, honestly you just have to dig for him sometimes, there are other times when he would be the highest rated player in the class. Athletes that are QB's might start out with crappy stats by there junior or senior year they are normally pretty decent.

I do agree that they need to readjust the "limits and Bounds" though.

I am saying that in real life there are fast QBs every single year that come into college football. Start up a dynasty, go look at the QBs and compare them to the defenses on the field in the original roster sets. Take a look at any position. Look at the starting CBs on the ELITE teams, their ratings, and then compare to the incoming high ranked players. It is pretty BAD being that the most important ratings for positions are not even considered for the highest ranked guys.

So many slow 5-star running backs (and I don't just mean SPEED rating) I am talking about ACC and AGI rating as well. Go look, don't take my word for it. Bring in the class and then compare them to the original roster set. This is why a number of people SIMULATE through 5 seasons and then start their dynasties because there is such a huge drop off when the original guys roll off the game. That is SAD in my opinion being that I could do better then this in a minimal amount of time from an excel spreadsheet... I just wished people at EA actually played their game into dynasties so that someone there cared. This has been brought to their attention year in and year out but instead they kill the little time they have allotted for features like LOCOMOTION or whatever that horrid thing was only to remove it ASAP in the following year. Fix the things that you KNOW WOULD MAKE THE GAME BETTER FIRST, then roll out the new stuff. Dynasty has been around for a LOOOOOOOOOONG time, why not simply put a little bit of time in the created players is all I am asking.

morsdraconis
07-18-2011, 09:59 AM
To bring this back on track I agree with what you are saying in regards to ratings not mattering as much as they probably should. All I know and this isn't in regard to the guy who started the thread because that does seem weird, but no matter what they do they will always piss off someone and with this little invention titled the internet you will always have an audience .

Apparently mors was having a bad day! Though it was funny.

No, I'm just tired of people bitching about every single tiny detail that they can possibly find to bitch about.

It's one thing to have a legitimate thing to bring up, it's a completely different thing to bitch about stupid shit that's easily fixable with the tools provided in the game (this retarded shit and the damn ball trajectory shit).

People are acting like it's a personal slight or some shit. Jesus christ, the world does not revolve around you. Either play the game or don't, I couldn't possibly give a fuck less, but don't come here and bitch about things that already have the tools to be fixed in the game.

Pig Bomb
07-18-2011, 11:23 AM
but we dont have the ability to fix trajectory issues or edit recruits [before they are recruited]... it would be your full time job to manually edit every incoming player after they are on teams--- to fix things that should already be done...just my 2 cents

jaymo76
07-18-2011, 12:28 PM
Out of curiosity, how is everyone finding fumbles this year? I ask because I am a pretty "safe" runner. I cover up the ball a lot with RB. However, this year I have had several fumbles, especially in road games anhd I have been holding RB. It looks like amount of fumbles per game have been increased and that's a good thing IMO.

Pig Bomb
07-18-2011, 12:33 PM
Out of curiosity, how is everyone finding fumbles this year? I ask because I am a pretty "safe" runner. I cover up the ball a lot with RB. However, this year I have had several fumbles, especially in road games anhd I have been holding RB. It looks like amount of fumbles per game have been increased and that's a good thing IMO.

i run 90% of the time in my option offense and i'm not having any problems..knock on wood!!

keyser soze
07-18-2011, 12:39 PM
i run 90% of the time in my option offense and i'm not having any problems..knock on wood!!

The little bit that I have played with Michigan vs. the CPU on heisman I have had no fumbling issues. I can't speak to playing humans who might use BIG HIT a lot though. Also, I don't cover up the ball much, I typically try to TRUCK it when getting hit.

Lord Marshall X
07-18-2011, 02:53 PM
I haven't fumbled a lot either.

Lord Marshall X
07-18-2011, 02:55 PM
!

hitman625
07-18-2011, 07:03 PM
I noticed this while recruiting with Idaho. I had a 1* WR recruit who had A- carry. He came in at 56 OVR as a WR, but as a HB a 65. This can become an issue in OD with users exploiting the system, so I understand the issue...but its not that big of a deal

morsdraconis
07-18-2011, 08:25 PM
I noticed this while recruiting with Idaho. I had a 1* WR recruit who had A- carry. He came in at 56 OVR as a WR, but as a HB a 65. This can become an issue in OD with users exploiting the system, so I understand the issue...but its not that big of a deal

If anything, that's a plus because now that WR that's probably useless might become a serviceable roleplayer in your offense (or, even better, a starter!). From a :1star: recruit!

hitman625
07-19-2011, 05:13 PM
If anything, that's a plus because now that WR that's probably useless might become a serviceable roleplayer in your offense (or, even better, a starter!). From a :1star: recruit!

It definitely was a plus...and after looking over his stats he was definitely servicable, but even though his carry was great his RB moves were quite terrible (even though the RB moves aren't worth crap this year anyway) so he does actually even out, so my worries about cheesers in OD are now tempered.