PDA

View Full Version : I was hard on the game at first, but now I like it

Lord Marshall X
07-16-2011, 01:11 PM
I was pretty hard on NCAA 2011 but this game at least with the default rosters is pretty good. Actually its pretty great. I'm playing on Heisman and the computer really doesn't cheat that much. I'm able to play defense and practice different plays for when I play against people, (because honestly to me thats what the computer is for).

The only problem I have is that with the new tackling system you can easily miss routine tackles that lead to some big plays.

JBHuskers
07-16-2011, 01:41 PM
I was pretty hard on NCAA 2011 but this game at least with the default rosters is pretty good. Actually its pretty great. I'm playing on Heisman and the computer really doesn't cheat that much. I'm able to play defense and practice different plays for when I play against people, (because honestly to me thats what the computer is for).

The only problem I have is that with the new tackling system you can easily miss routine tackles that lead to some big plays.

That just comes down to getting used to the new system and getting timing down for it. Not relying on the hit stick, etc.

I'm definitely enjoying this game. The amount of good competitive games that I have played so far have made it really enjoyable.

ram29jackson
07-16-2011, 03:42 PM
what do you mean by it doesnt cheat much on Heisman ? it doesnt bring a large blitz unrealistically or what other stuff does it not do ?

i'm still trying to figure out how to manipulate a running back in a effective way when trying to avoid tackles etc.

its a game, its fun, but front line blocking is still very weak

Lord Marshall X
07-16-2011, 06:16 PM
what do you mean by it doesnt cheat much on Heisman ? it doesnt bring a large blitz unrealistically or what other stuff does it not do ?

i'm still trying to figure out how to manipulate a running back in a effective way when trying to avoid tackles etc.

its a game, its fun, but front line blocking is still very weak

I'm comparing it to last years game. Last years game was nigh unplayable. A way to cut down the CPU pass rush is to do a fake snap once a series. Its really helps out a lot.

cjg225
07-16-2011, 06:46 PM
I'm comparing it to last years game. Last years game was nigh unplayable. A way to cut down the CPU pass rush is to do a fake snap once a series. Its really helps out a lot.
As long as your own O-Line doesn't false start.

As I said in the other thread, your own OL is extremely bad (at least in my view) at remembering the snap count. Doing a hard-count on 3rd and short or 4th and short is neigh impossible because the OL invariably will jump. It's driving me insane.

ram29jackson
07-16-2011, 07:49 PM

I dont think last years game was bad at all considering flaws. It was way better than '10 in many ways.

Lord Marshall X
07-16-2011, 08:27 PM
I dont think last years game was bad at all considering flaws. It was way better than '10 in many ways.

in now way does NCAA 2012 take a step back from NCAA 2011 only steps forward. NCAA 2011 took steps back in countless ways from NCAA 2010. But since it looked better and was easier to play offense people liked it.

The line blocking is tied 80% to momentum. If you allow one sack you could get sacked 3 times in a row because your line blocking goes to hell in a hand basket.

OptionMasta
07-16-2011, 11:58 PM
in now way does NCAA 2012 take a step back from NCAA 2011 only steps forward. NCAA 2011 took steps back in countless ways from NCAA 2010. But since it looked better and was easier to play offense people liked it.

The line blocking is tied 80% to momentum. If you allow one sack you could get sacked 3 times in a row because your line blocking goes to hell in a hand basket.

Can you please explain or expand further on this? I've never heard this before and am quite perplexed as to how this could be true.

SituationSoap
07-17-2011, 12:52 AM
I've seen the chain sack thing happen, too. The defense gets aggressive and keys up on you, and it's very easy to find yourself in 3rd and 37.

Lord Marshall X
07-17-2011, 10:43 AM
Can you please explain or expand further on this? I've never heard this before and am quite perplexed as to how this could be true.

Allowing a sack kills your momentum and boost the defenses. Their line becomes harder to stop normally unless you can get a first down to ease them back. Allowing a sack on a 6 man rush can easily allow a 4 man rush to sack you the next play, then a 3 man rush to get you the play after that. Your line becomes worse and the d-line becomes better. This is something that was fairly prevalent in NCAA 2010. Because of locomotion in last years game it was severely scaled back along with the zone defense which made for a game in which it was elementary to score passing the ball. The DT penetration still needs to be worked on. The 72 overall DT should not be playing like Suh especially against my 96 overall all-conference guard. Yet it used to happen randomly in NCAA 2011. Locomotion has affected the way stats work and it probably will be fixed next year and we will be happy and pissed at the same time.

cjg225
07-17-2011, 11:21 AM
Does momentum, icing the kicker, or crowd noise affect games in Exhibition? I have only played Play Now games so far and have not viewed ANYTHING of the sort affecting the game. It's been rather irksome, actually. I haven't started my Dynasty yet because I am waiting for the Block-O PS3 rosters.