PDA

View Full Version : Custom Playbook Bug? Question...

Cipher 8
07-15-2011, 02:51 AM
Anyone notice plays you cannot get rid of? And formations you cannot get rid of?

I was making my playbook and I know about the formations not going away if plays within those formations are set as an audible so I hit Right Bumper to Edit Audibles and changed all five of them to plays from within my Goalline Formation. I'm also aware you cannot just start from scratch with zero formations/plays so I added some formations I knew I wanted and picked which plays then I went and deleted all the default formations they had selected for me. The ones I didn't want.

Now when I was done adding formations and plays I wanted to reorder them so my favorite ones were at the top and what not. During the process of reordering my plays I noticed that in some formations I would have a random play, that I didn't choose, usually Four Verticals or Circus and when I hit RB to remove play it said I cannot remove it. So I didn't think much of it, I checked and I don't think it counted against my 370 total plays so I just made it the last play on the formation list and didn't think it was that big a problem.

Then when I was finished, saved the playbook, and went to play with it to test it out in action I noticed I had more than 40 formations. Back in the creation place it says 40/40, I counted. In a game it gives me these extra formations with only one play in them.

Ace: Double Flex: Four Verticals
Pistol: Slot Flex: Curl Flats
Shotgun: Normal Flex Wk: Four Verticals

Now like I mentioned earlier there are more of these ghost formations and plays but since I had chosen some of these formations as ones I wanted the game just added the one play to my plays i chose and made it so i cannot delete the one play. I'de say there is about 5-8 of these formations? What gives? I don't think it's hurting my playbook I'm pretty sure I had 40/40 formations to choose from and 370/370 but it just annoying when your playing and you click on the formation and see only one play. I wish I could delete them. For the record when i go into the playbook editor and look at those specific formations their circles are not checked, it's as if I don't have them but I do... idk what caused it.

Dr Death
07-15-2011, 03:46 AM
I've also had plays that I personally deleted, yet they are in the PB when I play a game. When I go to Edit Playbook, they don't show up as being checked, but they are there in the game. It's very frustrating.

Boss1022
07-15-2011, 12:18 PM
Having the same issue. There's a wildcat formation that keeps showing up for me in gameplay, but isn't checked to be included anywhere in my custom playbook editor. Created a whole new playbook just to try to get rid of it and it still showed up.

gschwendt
07-15-2011, 12:47 PM
Having the same issue. There's a wildcat formation that keeps showing up for me in gameplay, but isn't checked to be included anywhere in my custom playbook editor. Created a whole new playbook just to try to get rid of it and it still showed up.There are team specific wildcat formations that you cannot get rid of, end of story. I assume it's a design decision to not make those addable nor removable. Refer to my playbook spreadsheet (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2681-NCAA-Football-12-Playbook-Spreadsheet) to see which teams have unique formations that you can't remove.