PDA

View Full Version : Passing game issues

Dukie98
07-14-2011, 09:48 AM
Several times per game, I've had the QB throw the ball without pressing any of the buttons-- including immediately throwing the ball out of bounds right after the snap three times in a game last night. I've also had it throw the ball directly into coverage while I was waiting for a play to develop downfield. I'm using the PS3, and I have not selected the auto-passing option. How do I fix this? Thanks.

iBrandon
07-14-2011, 10:17 AM
That's weird. I haven't seen this issue at all. I am using 360 though.

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2011, 10:57 AM
Are there any issues with your controller, like a button getting stuck or something? I know on my old 360 controller, the right trigger was getting stuck down. And on my current 360 controller, for some reason, the :360b: button likes to get stuck in the pressed position from time to time.

Just something to make sure of whether or not it might be some simple, minor thing like that before we start trying to figure out if it's a bug or not.

AustinWolv
07-14-2011, 11:17 AM
Are you controlling the dropback?

Dukie98
07-14-2011, 12:10 PM
Are you controlling the dropback?

Yes- but on the immediate passes out of bounds, there really was no dropback to speak of.

I've only had the system for about 2 months, so I hope it isn't a controller malfunction-- is it something I'm inadvertently doing?

jaymo76
07-14-2011, 01:40 PM
Several times per game, I've had the QB throw the ball without pressing any of the buttons-- including immediately throwing the ball out of bounds right after the snap three times in a game last night. I've also had it throw the ball directly into coverage while I was waiting for a play to develop downfield. I'm using the PS3, and I have not selected the auto-passing option. How do I fix this? Thanks.

I have had this issue as well. BUT... the bad news is it's most likely your controller. Often little chunks of the plastic covering the joystick break off and imbed themselves in your controller and allow it to do bad things. The controller that comes with the system is notoriously bad. The specialty ones you buy are far more reliable. Hope that helps...

Dukie98
07-14-2011, 08:30 PM
I have had this issue as well. BUT... the bad news is it's most likely your controller. Often little chunks of the plastic covering the joystick break off and imbed themselves in your controller and allow it to do bad things. The controller that comes with the system is notoriously bad. The specialty ones you buy are far more reliable. Hope that helps...

Thanks - that seems to make sense, given that the problem doesn't seem to be widespread. It's a little aggravating that the controller is falling apart after several weeks.

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2011, 11:39 PM
Thanks - that seems to make sense, given that the problem doesn't seem to be widespread. It's a little aggravating that the controller is falling apart after several weeks.

Yeah, they unfortunately don't make things like they used to. I've gone through three 360 controllers in the 3 years that I've owned my 360. My PS2 and original Xbox, never once had to replace the controller. I also could leave my old xbox or my PS2 on for literal days at a time, even weeks at a time if I wanted, and it would never have a single problem over multiple years of ownwership. Try that now with the 360 or PS3, heh, you may end up seeing that little RROD or YLOD.

Undefeated
07-17-2011, 12:27 AM

I agree with the bolded bit, but my experience is actually the opposite: the controller that came with my console is the only one that works properly.

boogeyman1
07-18-2011, 12:27 PM
any1 else see the ball bounce off the open reciever helmet? i play on AA, and it happens to me once a game at least

jaymo76
07-18-2011, 12:39 PM
any1 else see the ball bounce off the open reciever helmet? i play on AA, and it happens to me once a game at least

Yup, see it every game...