PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question - Who controls type of offense: HC or OC?

umhester04
07-14-2011, 03:39 AM
I couldnt find a thread to put this in, but who controls the type of offense that the team runs is it the Head Coach or OC?

Quick Observation (this is also how I thought of that question):

I was testing out my sliders playing as Cal against Stanford because I wanted to see if Luck would shred me to pieces. However what I ended up watching was Luck hand the ball off to the RB about 28 times while he passed about 16 times. I was getting so mad watching him hand the ball off wondering why the best QB in the game was not passing the ball. Long story short I ended up looking in the coaches section and saw that they had run/pas at 50 50 pretty much. I ended up changing both the HC and OC to reflect the changes I wanted but was wondering for future reference which one controlled the schemes.

EDIT: Just played again and while Luck did throw more, he couldnt get anything going against Cal at all and I am now playing a third time with Iowa and he still can barely get anything going. A good 3 out of 5 times he goes back to pass he scrambles into one of his lineman..???

cdj
07-14-2011, 07:53 AM
I believe the OC takes on the traits of the head coach, so for Stanford you would want to edit the HCs offensive style.