PDA

View Full Version : Custom Playbooks Formation Order

Unconquered
07-13-2011, 10:06 PM
Has anyone figured out if there's a way to organize the order of your formations in custom playbooks? Like, alphabetically? Or from heavy to light?

For example, I created a playbook that has 17 Ace formations, but there's no "order" to them, meaning the book jumps from Ace Big to Ace 4WR to Ace Normal to Ace Bunch, etc. In fact, I have Ace Bunch and Ace Bunch Base, and one is near the top of my playbook and the other is near the bottom.

It doesn't seem to matter what order I added the formations in, and they aren't listed alphabetically, etc. It's just a bit annoying (and confusing) to navigate, especially since I have so many Ace forms.

I thought if I added one formation at a time and then saved the playbook it would keep them in the order they were added, but no such luck :/

gschwendt
07-14-2011, 12:47 AM
I believe the original intended order is that formations included in your base playbook would appear first, and then your added formations would appear alphabetically after them.

What you might try doing is add in a bunch of formations you know you don't want included in your playbook (ie Flexbone in a Spread, etc.), then remove all of the formations from the base playbook. Add the ones you want back in, and then remove the Flexbone formations. The thought being that hopefully the game will think all of the formations are new and organize all of the alphabetically.

Just a thought, not certain it will work but something to test.

Unconquered
07-14-2011, 04:40 AM
What you might try doing is add in a bunch of formations you know you don't want included in your playbook (ie Flexbone in a Spread, etc.), then remove all of the formations from the base playbook.

Hey, great minds think alike :) I had actually tried that before posting -- I took an all-out shotgun playbook, cleared it and added nothing but Ace forms -- but no dice. Formations are still scrambled.

No biggie, I guess. I'll get used to the order eventually.

roccogator
07-14-2011, 09:12 AM
Something weird that I saw after adding another formation to my Strong set. All my other formations got reordered a bit. So the order may change every time you make adjustments to your custom playbook.

Would love to see them implement the reorder functionality for plays to the formation list in NCAA 13.

jello1717
07-14-2011, 11:08 AM
I'm looking for an answer to this as well. It's definitely rough having your formations all over the place. This is especially difficult for me as I run the no huddle so that makes it much more difficult to switch from SG spread flex -> SG 4WR trio -> SG 4WR trio str when there's 5-10 formations between them, despite them all using the same personnel.

A (untested) theory I had was that maybe they show up in the order that you placed them into the pb. IE, if I were to remove all of my formations, and then add the 3 formations listed above back to back to back, then they might be grouped together. Roccogator's post makes it seem unlikely however.

roccogator
07-14-2011, 11:29 AM
Yeah, even if they were alphabetical it would be better than the way it is. I added two SG Split formations in addition to the one from my base and they are scattered in no apparent order. Both of the new formations were added to the playbook one after another.

Also SG Trips and SG Trips Open that were in my base playbook (Arizona) now have some original formations and some added formations between them.

jaymo76
07-14-2011, 01:47 PM
I'm looking for an answer to this as well. It's definitely rough having your formations all over the place. This is especially difficult for me as I run the no huddle so that makes it much more difficult to switch from SG spread flex -> SG 4WR trio -> SG 4WR trio str when there's 5-10 formations between them, despite them all using the same personnel.

A (untested) theory I had was that maybe they show up in the order that you placed them into the pb. IE, if I were to remove all of my formations, and then add the 3 formations listed above back to back to back, then they might be grouped together. Roccogator's post makes it seem unlikely however.

I still have not solved why three of my I form sets appear in a seperate section. my playbook page order goes ACE, I, SAHOTGUN, PISTOL, I. Notice the second I set? Those three I formations are seperate from the other I formations. It drives me nuts because I despise having to scroll several pages to get to the next I set and I is what I primarily run. I have tried to fix this issue and I can't I wonder though if number of plays has something to do with it because the three I sets in isolation only have 6-9 plays within them while the other I sets are 20+ plays???

roccogator
07-14-2011, 01:54 PM
I still have not solved why three of my I form sets appear in a seperate section. my playbook page order goes ACE, I, SAHOTGUN, PISTOL, I. Notice the second I set? Those three I formations are seperate from the other I formations. It drives me nuts because I despise having to scroll several pages to get to the next I set and I is what I primarily run. I have tried to fix this issue and I can't I wonder though if number of plays has something to do with it because the three I sets in isolation only have 6-9 plays within them while the other I sets are 20+ plays???

Which I-Forms is it separating? Is it possible that the system is treating I-Form and I-Form H forms as separate formation types?

jaymo76
07-14-2011, 02:35 PM
Which I-Forms is it separating? Is it possible that the system is treating I-Form and I-Form H forms as separate formation types?

Good point... I need to check that when I get home as I can't remember right now.

mrh61988
07-14-2011, 02:37 PM
From my experience they have seperated "I-Form Flex" off by itself away from my "I-Form Normal", "Tight", etc.

boogeyman1
07-19-2011, 09:27 PM
i added a few formations to miami's. but.. how do you make it so u don't have to find it before each game & is there a way to have the formations in order? like the shotgun formations were right before the single rb ones

cdj
07-19-2011, 09:32 PM
You can set your Custom Playbook as the Default for both Play Now games and in ODs. It's in the Settings area...I'd have to fire up the game to give you the exact location.

I don't think you can re-order them, but I believe some people here have found a semi-workaround that can alter the order. I may be wrong on that.

JSHT21
07-19-2011, 09:34 PM
No way to make formations in order, I'd recommend just sticking to finding it before each game. Mine worked fine then I made it my default playbook and I had problems, I then had to delete the playbook and playbook list.

But if you want to do it, just go to settings and make it your profile's default playbook.

boogeyman1
07-19-2011, 09:35 PM
You can set your Custom Playbook as the Default for both Play Now games and in ODs. It's in the Settings area...I'd have to fire up the game to give you the exact location.

I don't think you can re-order them, but I believe some people here have found a semi-workaround that can alter the order. I may be wrong on that.

i'll find it in the settings when bucks/gators rosters v.1 are out..

Buckeye
07-19-2011, 10:12 PM
cdj, are the devs aware and working on a fix for this specific issue as well?

<snip>

Also if any of you know a workaround, please do post here. I am having a tough time getting to the plays I need. Totally throws off the offensive rhythm, and it is not fair to opponents either if I spend a lot of time picking plays, essentially 'milking clock'. Thanks in advance!

roccogator
07-20-2011, 08:26 AM
I also would love to know the workaround. After playing a good amount of games I know where to find my formations, but they are far from being in any desired order.