PDA

View Full Version : Online - Connection Lost

Oneback
07-13-2011, 09:55 PM
Is anyone else having this problem today?

I've had zero problems with online prior to today...yet today every game I have played has disconnected in the 1st quarter. This last time it caused my PS3 to completely freeze.

ryby6969
07-13-2011, 09:56 PM
Is that what happened? I was also having the CPB bug happening. It happened to me twice in the 1st qtr.

Oneback
07-13-2011, 09:59 PM
I saw that...that's why I called a timeout for you on the second instance.

osufan4life
07-13-2011, 10:07 PM
I've been losing my connection to the EA servers constantly the past two days (360). No other internet issues and I haven't played any online games yet so I wasn't worried personally...

ram29jackson
07-13-2011, 10:33 PM
it is the first 48 hours after game release...always happens...at least the east coast will start to get sleepy haha

Oneback
07-13-2011, 10:58 PM
It could be the east coast going to sleep, but I deleted what was labeled as "tuning" in my game safe utility thinking it was the patch and that I'd be prompted to re-download. Well I was never prompted to re-download and I made it through an entire game.

Justin66
07-14-2011, 12:15 PM
mine has been getin to were it says please wait an freezeing has this happend to anyone eles?

razorback44
07-14-2011, 04:02 PM
I'm 0-4 in getting a complete game in today. Keep getting disconnected. Three times before half and once with 1:00 left in the 4th quarter. I don't ever remember this happening the last few years during the initial days of the release?

By chance could it be because of the Custom Playbooks? The game screens just seem to run slower when I'm using a custom playbook.

ryby6969
07-14-2011, 04:33 PM
I have played razor and OB when they disco'd but I have not had any problems myself and I use CPB's every game.

razorback44
07-14-2011, 04:58 PM
I have played razor and OB when they disco'd but I have not had any problems myself and I use CPB's every game.
Are you direct connect or wireless?

cdj
07-14-2011, 05:01 PM
Please state as much info on the disconnects as possible. System, when you were playing, what point in the game you were when disconnect occurred, etc.

ryby6969
07-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Are you direct connect or wireless?

Wireless

razorback44
07-14-2011, 05:12 PM
-PS3
-Online Ranked and Unranked
-It has happened in every single quarter so it's not just limited to one point in time.
-I was playing from 1 pm et until 5pm et today and 1pm et until 8pm et yesterday

My game play feels completely fine and smooth and then all of a sudden out of the blue myself or my opponent gets a "Lost Connection" error and your only option is to end game. Twice today I have gotten the message and twice today my opponent has gotten it. It seems to happen the most right after plays have been selected and you are going to the line.

The message seems similar to if to users who have a bad connection in games of the past and one disconnects but there is absolutely no lag like you would normally see to make it even seem like the connection is bad. The gameplay is completely smooth and then it just happens randomly out of the blue.

I have had it happen to me all 4 times I have tried to play today, three out of 6 games yesterday and 1 out of 3 on release day.

I am on a wireless connection but I am getting 100% signal strength as my ps3 is currently sitting about 4 ft from my wireless N router.

I also know that it has been happening to a lot of other people in a large online league that I play in so its definitely not confined to me and OB.

I will jump on real quick and try to play again and see what happens. I'll take a picture if it happens this time.

razorback44
07-14-2011, 06:02 PM
Go figure, I go and play an unranked quick match just to see if it will happen again and the kid quits on me because he is losing. He wasn't very good and I tried to keep it close by not doing anything fancy. Good news is we made it to the 4th quarter before he quit. I will keep trying tomorrow and keep a log of it if it happens.

I really hope its just the ea servers being overloaded but the fact that there is no lag is what has me confused.

Justin66
07-14-2011, 09:45 PM
mine wont even get passed the please wait menu

ram29jackson
07-14-2011, 10:26 PM
8:26 pm on west coast and I cant seem to get online either now

ram29jackson
07-15-2011, 02:51 AM
please tell me it wasnt just me tonight..? I couldnt connect with servers to go online..it never even said it failed..the load icon just kept spinning

Justin66
07-15-2011, 05:09 AM
please tell me it wasnt just me tonight..? I couldnt connect with servers to go online..it never even said it failed..the load icon just kept spinning

thats what mine did try loading up the game without signing in to your psn/gamertag once you get to the main menu then you can sign in ea needs to fix it though its very annoyin

ram29jackson
07-16-2011, 08:01 PM
maybe it will work as normal soon...but i found out the other night that if I cancel the game trying to connect with the internet when the game loads because all it did was sit there for minutes and not load anyway....was go into game menus offline and then click on teambuilder and connect through that

ram29jackson
07-16-2011, 11:14 PM
HEELLP- I cant be the only one..? I get to a team select screen but it just sits there saying -checking online game
play tuning...!!? anyone else?

WolverineJay
07-17-2011, 02:35 AM
Game constantly freezes at the team selection screen during the loading of my custom playbook . The PS3 completely freezes up and forces me to restart so I just stopped using my custom playbooks during online play for now.

skipwondah33
07-18-2011, 11:56 AM
Out of my last 11 attempts to play online games they have either froze or disconnected.

Each instance was different. Out of those 11 the game has froze on the team selection screen twice, causing me to quit the game then start it back up. I have had 2 games freeze after the coin toss sequence. I have had 1 disconnect at the start of the coin toss. I had had 3-4 disconnect during the 1st quarter. Several have disconnected beyond the 2nd quarter, some of which even made it to the 4th quarter with under 2 minutes to go.

In the instances of the disconnects I seem to get a "please wait" message in the bottom left hand part of the screen, then a message will appear that the connection has been lost. I have tried not using any CPB's and still have the same issue. I have also tried hard wiring to no avail.

Since Tuesday I have only completed 2 online games out of 15+ attempts.

On a unrelated not there seems to be serious lag or delay when going through the playbook and selecting plays. I liken it to the lag there has been when trying to make formation package adjustments. Some times I will run right past my formation because the delay is so bad.

ram29jackson
07-18-2011, 10:30 PM
are more people getting online lately ? i'm sick of restarting my game when it fails

ram29jackson
07-19-2011, 09:18 PM
..alright, whats the deal / whos getting online -who isnt ? is it a problem with me or not ? I can get in through teambuilder..so why not into a game ? I'm reading a bunch childish rumor crap at OS. is this an EA problem or not ? I got 2 games in the first 2 days I had the game but cant get in ever since..someone give me a reasonable explanation ,please. GRRR

ram29jackson
07-20-2011, 12:22 AM
..dont tell me youre all online playing...?

ram29jackson
07-20-2011, 04:32 AM
...I dont know.. I deleted and reloaded game profile and deleted and reloaded the gamingtailgate rosters and was able to get into a online quick-match..so we'll see if that holds..?

I think it may only be temporary and I believe I went through team builder to do it again?

ram29jackson
07-20-2011, 02:10 PM
...I dont know.. I deleted and reloaded game profile and deleted and reloaded the gamingtailgate rosters and was able to get into a online quick-match..so we'll see if that holds..?

I think it may only be temporary and I believe I went through team builder to do it again?

well,..after doing what I did last night..it loaded the online connection from the start screen today

ram29jackson
07-20-2011, 02:16 PM
I dont remember this from last year..when you go in and out of online lobbies or games, the roster keeps having to load...?

...seems I'm in the same boat as alot of people...I just went to see if I could go to quick match screen and it did, and had to load roster, then it said my opponent has left, and then I lost connection- it said EA servers not available. But then I connected through tea builder right after that.....???? :fp::(:down:

CrimsonBassn78
07-20-2011, 06:15 PM
I can't even get a online match to load, I can get one to start first thing then nothing after. Had a game going today and had the lead but the game disconnected and ended up with a loss and dnf...

Mike the V
07-21-2011, 01:15 PM
Ive never had problems with my connection. I have played in a few of games where my opponents connection failed at the beginning of the game.

My game has frozen before when starting an online match tho