PDA

View Full Version : Potential Dynasty Issue: Skewed Time of Possession as Coordinator

Paakaa10
07-13-2011, 07:22 PM
This issue comes courtesy of cjmanis10 here at the forums. If you are having similar issues, please post here with examples so that we have a solid data set to provide the developers.

Since Tuesday I've played quite a bit of Online/Offline Dynasty and have started off being a Coordinator each time. I've gathered up some results of some of the games and it seems like the Time of Possession is a little whack.

(Playing 8 minute quarters)

Like for example..I'm an offensive coordinator at Maryland, and I'm averaging around 3-4 minutes every time I have the ball. But when the opposing team's offense has the ball, they average :30-1:20 seconds/minutes per possesion. Giving me 20+ Minutes of Possession a game and them only getting 5-9.

Same with being a defensive coordinator..I'm a defensive coordinator at Fresno State, The opposing team is averaging 20+ minutes on offense which means 80% of the game is me playing defense. While my offense is only averaging 5-6 minutes per game. Which is absolutely ridiculous because the opposing team is getting 75-90 snaps a game which is HIGHLY unrealistic.

It seems like some other people are having this problem as well, and to be quite honest its quite frustrating having your defense on the field for 20 minutes a game.

Some notes I've gathered from the past games of the CPU are the following..
Fresno State vs Cal (Defensive Coordinator)
Human--CPU T.O.P.
8:03 --23:57 {roughly}
Human--CPU Snaps
47--79

UCLA vs Houston (Offensive Coordinator)
Human--CPU T.O.P.
22:30--9:30 {roughly}

jaymo76
07-13-2011, 07:56 PM
Yup, the super sim continues to be an issue. As an OC my time of possession and yards per game seem way, way too high. My lowest yardage in seven games in slightly above 350 yards.

JoeHaden5
07-13-2011, 07:58 PM
I've had this exact thing happen to me. There just doesn't seem to be enough time runoff while the AI is on offense. You really notice this as a Defensive Coordinator because you stay on the field so much, putting you at a big disadvantage. I'll try to get some stats and count the number of possessions that each team gets in an 8 minute dynasty game as a defensive coordinator. Then I will play as a head coach for a game and count the possessions and compare the two. I'll give an update when I finish.

OptionMasta
07-13-2011, 08:41 PM
This is nothing new. Ever since Super Sim has been a feature of the game this has been the case. Add the fact that the CPU routinely misses makable FGs as well.

The chance of this getting fixed is 1/1000 I would think as it has been an ongoing issue that has been documented and never remedied in the past.

fldash
07-13-2011, 08:46 PM
So can you work-around it but simply not super simming?

Paakaa10
07-13-2011, 08:49 PM
So can you work-around it but simply not super simming?

Not if you're playing as a coordinator. If you're OC or DC, you only control one side of the ball. The other side will automatically be Super-Simmed.

cjmanis10
07-13-2011, 09:33 PM
With this problem being here since super sim came out..I would think they would have "attempted" to fix it. But it seems they haven't.

I'm curious to see Joehaden5's findings and if there odd then I really hope that this gets reported to the developers and gets fixed in the next patch..

JoeHaden5
07-13-2011, 09:41 PM
Here is what I've found. I played as the head coach of Alabama and scheduled Oregon for my first game. I played every snap on both sides of the ball and noted how many possessions each team got. I am partial to the run so I tried to control the clock, knowing how potent Oregon's offense can be. With the exception of one or two drives, I didn't have any drives longer than four minutes or thereabout. I had a pretty good game on defense and held Oregon to roughly 5-8 plays per possession and 20 points total. The total number of offensive possessions for me was 11. The total number of offensive possessions for Oregon was 10, with the final score being 31-20.

I then started another dynasty as the defensive coordinator of Alabama and, again, scheduled Oregon for my first game. Again, I played fairly well on defense, however, there was a LARGE discrepancy in the number of possessions for our opponent. This time, Oregon amassed 21 offensive possessions. Even though my defense played fairly well, this time I have up 34 points and roughly 150 more yards to them.

Disturbing.

cjmanis10
07-13-2011, 09:48 PM
Here is what I've found. I played as the head coach of Alabama and scheduled Oregon for my first game. I played every snap on both sides of the ball and noted how many possessions each team got. I am partial to the run so I tried to control the clock, knowing how potent Oregon's offense can be. With the exception of one or two drives, I didn't have any drives longer than four minutes or thereabout. I had a pretty good game on defense and held Oregon to roughly 5-8 plays per possession and 20 points total. The total number of offensive possessions for me was 11. The total number of offensive possessions for Oregon was 10, with the final score being 31-20.

I then started another dynasty as the defensive coordinator of Alabama and, again, scheduled Oregon for my first game. Again, I played fairly well on defense, however, there was a LARGE discrepancy in the number of possessions for our opponent. This time, Oregon amassed 21 offensive possessions. Even though my defense played fairly well, this time I have up 34 points and roughly 150 more yards to them.

Disturbing.

Hmmmm, that's quite interesting..Definitely needs to be addressed. There is absolutely no reason for a team to have 21 offensive possessions. I really like the concept of the coaching carousal but I think there is alot left to fix and add.

griffin2608
07-14-2011, 07:02 AM
I play as a dc and the 3 games I have played my O has averaged 2 minutes a possession and sometime less. Needs to be fixed.

Ndrake
07-14-2011, 12:57 PM
Can you watch plays, like in RTG when you could see plays while you were not on the field? If you did this for entire possessions I wonder if that would help solve some of the problems. Obviously less then ideal, but a thought.

jaymo76
07-14-2011, 01:28 PM
At this point I am 7-4 as the OC of Syracuse. With one game to go against PITT the least amount of yards I have racked up is 359 against USC. My QB has broken a ton of school records (yards in a season, td's in a season, etc). Now I'm good at this game... but not that good. Super sim needs to be better tuned as coordinAtors are just getting too many snaps. I guess on the bright side my prestige is now a C and 66%.

cjmanis10
07-14-2011, 01:35 PM
I tried watching every play while my defense was on the field and it's still the same. There averaging 5-10 seconds per play. Which is WAY to quick.

griffin2608
07-14-2011, 02:34 PM
Has there been any interaction from ea on any of these issues

cjmanis10
07-14-2011, 05:15 PM
Is there by any chance we can get this to EA? Because If it's not fixed, then the whole coordinator thing is a joke to me. It's almost unbearable..

griffin2608
07-14-2011, 05:23 PM
Is there by any chance we can get this to EA? Because If it's not fixed, then the whole coordinator thing is a joke to me. It's almost unbearable..

+1 really needs to be addressed I hope I can get an hc offer after this or I'll just start over again. The thing is I don't know if the issue can be fixed at this point.

Paakaa10
07-14-2011, 05:30 PM
Has there been any interaction from ea on any of these issues

Feedback we see here gets passed on. If we have any information to report back, it'll happen. Chances are, however, any news on post-release support will be shared with the whole community at the same time.

jwallace0317
07-14-2011, 08:57 PM
I tried watching every play while my defense was on the field and it's still the same. There averaging 5-10 seconds per play. Which is WAY to quick.

This is key. For EA to straighten the super sim out, they need to get an idea of approximately how much time should generally come off the clock per play (accounting for plays that stop the clock of course, and excluding obvious hurry-up situations) for conventional huddle teams, as well as teams like Oregon which has an offense designed to snap the ball as quickly as possible. <---this part I'd be curious how they can get it right in the dynasty context, considering that there is not a "no-huddle/tempo" designation that can attach to head coaches and OC's as they move from team to team.

ussr8219
07-27-2011, 02:28 PM
the no huddle tag/hurry up offense for coaches, Great wish list for next year. anyhow i know exactly what your saying. the CPU time per play is a joke. another thing yo add, when u make play lets say its 3rd and ten, u run a draw for 40yds. the refs should be there setting the ball. clock, should start. nope goes to highlight reel. then a couple secs after still dosent start. more or less the clock shouldnt stop or take 30secs, then start. does anyone agree?

oweb26
07-27-2011, 02:31 PM
:smh::fp:

steelerfan
07-27-2011, 02:39 PM
I use 9-minute quarters to get realistic snap counts.

I have found that 7-minute quarters does the same on Super Sim.

Therefore, when I play as a coordinator, I use 7-minute quarters.

SmoothPancakes
07-27-2011, 02:43 PM
What kind of set ups do you various guys have that you are seeing such a big discrepency? Just looking at my offline FIU dynasty, Offensive Coordinator, playing All-American difficulty, 9 minute quarters, this was my biggest TOP difference:

FIU at Akron

Final Score: FIU 41, Akron 7

TOP: 23:10 - 12:50

Snaps: FIU - 67, Akron - 62

Of my 6 other game that I've played so far, everything has pretty much been within a 5 minute or less difference of TOP. Just curious as to what kind of sliders, how many minute quarters, etc you guys are seeing. I've been seeing the supersimmed CPU going on decent drives on me, averaging 7-12 plays per drive that they score on.

psuexv
07-28-2011, 09:29 AM
I will say in :sf: dynasty we are seeing pretty legit snap counts and TOP. Here are my last few games. I'm the DC so my TOP should be way down but I'm not seeing that.

Opp WMU
15:28 12:32
12:36 15:23
10:48 17:12
16:39 11:21
19:13 8:47

The last game that is posted is the worst I've seen, but I did have 3 Defensive TDs, a punt return for a TD and my RB busted a 76 yarder.