PDA

View Full Version : Coaching Carousel: Love It or Hate It?

jaymo76
07-13-2011, 12:21 PM
Last night I was up until 4am playing as the OC of Syracuse. I'm playing on AA as always with similar sliders to last year (though I still need to adjust the run game). At this point I am 4-2 getting ready to be demolished by West Vriginia. My wife asked me if I am "loving" carousel as much as I thought.... truthful answer~ I'm not sure. I think I was expecting a little more. Don't get me wrong it's a lot of fun but there are some major issues to "get over.

Positives:
-coach contracts are awesome
-name/signature is a nice touch
-being able to see all of the other coaches prestige/goals is great
-customization powers with bowls/conferences is a nice addition
-use of custom playbooks with CC is absolutely phenomenal!!!
-games are very quick (30 mins for 8 min quarters)
-I am extremely excited about "job offers" in the offseason. That looks great!
-I feel more immersed in my CONFERENCE seeing how my fellow coaches are doing
-I am constantly "checking" on my HC and DC to see if they are up or down

** Yes the positives in the mode are really strong positives. However, there are a lot of things I don't like so much.

-OC/DC should not do team recruiting (HOUSE RULE~100% done by cpu now)
-I can't punt, kickoff, kick return, punt return or be involved with special teams:(
-no input on 4th down decisions... let me give advice???
-continually press R1 to see each defensive play if I want to watch them
-if I don't have the ball I miss game track and quarter ending collages
-I have no feel for my team since I don't know the defense at all
-super sim at times still feels off. I give up 13 to USC but 35 to Tulane???
-coach design options are down right horrific!!!
-BIGGEST ISSUE~ I feel very much isolated when playing the game. There is no flow, no home field advantage, no invollvment in all aspects of the game.

So what's the verdict? Well, if I had to choose between this year and last... hands down NCAA 12 and the carousel. I jst keep telling myself that it will all be worth it when I get my "first HC job. Then, I will truly be master and commander. That's my take; what's yours???

DariusLock
07-13-2011, 12:27 PM
I'm just glad they added it, I figured it would have it's flaws as it is the first year they are doing it. They need to let you choose who controls Special Teams (HC, OC, or DC). I'm going to jump in when I get the game, I'm sure it'll be better in the years to follow.

JBHuskers
07-13-2011, 12:31 PM
It's a good base. Lord knows I've done TONS of testing on this and written PAGES of feedback for things to be tweaked this way and that. I have played this mode inside and out since January, and I'm pretty happy with the base they have produced.

Paakaa10
07-13-2011, 12:36 PM
I want Special Teams Coordinator in the game. Quickest game of NCAA Football ever! All you play are kickoffs, punts, and field goals. :D

In all seriousness, it's a solid base for the first implementation of it. It's not perfect, but now that it's in the "heavy lifting" is done. Everything from here--in theory--is focused on tweaks, additions, and refinement.

steelerfan
07-13-2011, 12:39 PM
Virtually all of your negatives are eliminated by starting as a HC. :nod:

ryby6969
07-13-2011, 12:40 PM
nvm

JBHuskers
I want Special Teams Coordinator in the game. Quickest game of NCAA Football ever! All you play are kickoffs, punts, and field goals. :D

In all seriousness, it's a solid base for the first implementation of it. It's not perfect, but now that it's in the "heavy lifting" is done. Everything from here--in theory--is focused on tweaks, additions, and refinement.

It is definitely a good starting point. I want to have a Linebackers Coach, Special Teams, Quarterbacks, Running Backs, all of the above. Not sure if that will be in 13, but I hope they go in that direction eventually.

JBHuskers
Like OF in Madden? :P

:fp: don't even get me started on that.

ryby6969
07-13-2011, 12:42 PM
lol, I edited my post because steeler posted before me.

oweb26
07-13-2011, 12:50 PM
GReat pro and con Jaymo, I feel exactly the same way.

I think its crazy that you can adjust the entire roster as well as recruit for the entire team (what genius thought of that), but I will say overall it is a very good base to start with.

The 4th down decision is a big issue in my OD right now, because the computer will go for it on 4th and you are basically stuck with the computer controlling the special teams so they get it more oft than not.

What they do need is the option for the AD to complain and you can throw the OC/DC under the bus, I am playing as the DC at ECU and I tell you my offense is terrible we are playing South Carolina and its a defensive struggle and my offense cant do anything and it has been like that for pretty much every game this year. I can only keep them from scoring for so long with crappy talent.

jaymo76
07-13-2011, 01:00 PM
GReat pro and con Jaymo, I feel exactly the same way.

I think its crazy that you can adjust the entire roster as well as recruit for the entire team (what genius thought of that), but I will say overall it is a very good base to start with.

The 4th down decision is a big issue in my OD right now, because the computer will go for it on 4th and you are basically stuck with the computer controlling the special teams so they get it more oft than not.

What they do need is the option for the AD to complain and you can throw the OC/DC under the bus, I am playing as the DC at ECU and I tell you my offense is terrible we are playing South Carolina and its a defensive struggle and my offense cant do anything and it has been like that for pretty much every game this year. I can only keep them from scoring for so long with crappy talent.

Solution, give us a recomendation pop up.... go for it or kick it... coach then takes 5 seconds and decides. Then at least we would feel more involved.

Paakaa10
07-13-2011, 01:02 PM
Solution, give us a recomendation pop up.... go for it or kick it... coach then takes 5 seconds and decides. Then at least we would feel more involved.

:up:

oweb26
07-13-2011, 01:05 PM

Yeah but if you are the DC then you are stuck watching the computer go for it in which they get most of the time against each other. They should at least make punting, and defensive field goals be the DC's job and kickoff's and offensive field goals the OC's job.

Or like steelerfan said just make yourself the head coach and all your worries are solved.

gschwendt
07-13-2011, 01:19 PM
For recruiting, what would you think to allow you to only recruit 5-10 players and/or only sign 5-10 players? Every coordinator in college football does some recruiting so it'd be nice to at least be able to specify a certain number of guys you absolutely want to go after.

JBHuskers
07-13-2011, 01:21 PM
For recruiting, what would you think to allow you to only recruit 5-10 players and/or only sign 5-10 players? Every coordinator in college football does some recruiting so it'd be nice to at least be able to specify a certain number of guys you absolutely want to go after.

Yeah exactly. Chopping recruiting up to your specialties would be awesome. Especially if they add in specific coaches for QB, RB, LB, CB, etc.

souljahbill
07-13-2011, 02:17 PM
From working as an athletic trainer at Southern Miss and UL-Lafayette, I have SOME info on how recruiting works (but not much). I don't have a problem with recruiting as it is in the game. The only restriction I MIGHT add would be that you could only recruit in-state and maybe one other. All the coaches I know do "areas," and don't recruit for any particular side of the ball. If a DB coach comes across an awesome HB, he's going to recruit him, regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OptionMasta
07-13-2011, 02:43 PM
Don't you think you would reserve judgment until at least the offseason? I mean that's when the rubber really meets the road on this new feature and it sounds to me like you haven't made it there yet. I haven't either and that's really what I'm waiting for before I decide whether it was well implemented or not.

Also, you mention that you don't feel connected with the rest of the team but in reality what did you/could you expect? If you choose to be a coordinator to start out, how could you expect to get connected to a side of the ball you have no control over? I suppose having an option to watch the game (or highlights) from while the other side was on the field would be one way. What did you expect?

As for making decisions to go for it on fourth down, I do believe I was in a position to do this the other day as we were near the end zone and my offense was still on the field. Wouldn't you take that as the vote of confidence from the HC to go for it? If you get exited out to the sim screen then you would consider that the opposite.

Also, I have kicked field goals in this mode and punted so that is some connection to the special teams.

JBHuskers
07-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Don't you think you would reserve judgment until at least the offseason? I mean that's when the rubber really meets the road on this new feature and it sounds to me like you haven't made it there yet. I haven't either and that's really what I'm waiting for before I decide whether it was well implemented or not.

Also, you mention that you don't feel connected with the rest of the team but in reality what did you/could you expect? If you choose to be a coordinator to start out, how could you expect to get connected to a side of the ball you have no control over? I suppose having an option to watch the game (or highlights) from while the other side was on the field would be one way. What did you expect?

As for making decisions to go for it on fourth down, I do believe I was in a position to do this the other day as we were near the end zone and my offense was still on the field. Wouldn't you take that as the vote of confidence from the HC to go for it? If you get exited out to the sim screen then you would consider that the opposite.

Also, I have kicked field goals in this mode and punted so that is some connection to the special teams.

Yeah that's why I posted what I did. I have see lots of offseasons already with this :nod:

OptionMasta
07-13-2011, 02:56 PM
I'm in agreement that it's been good so far. I just need to see the offseason for myself. Hopefully it really shines.

jaymo76
07-13-2011, 05:31 PM

As to your last point I'm not sure how that's possible since nobody else who has posted can play special teams. How did you accomplish that exactly... Are you playing as DC? As to the rest of your argument, I appreciate your commentary though it's a little too oversimplified based on my primary thesis regarding connection to the mode itself as compared to previous iterations. Yes I get that being an OC I don't have the same connection to the D but that's not really my point. The mode itself still has further to go regarding the immersion experience. As to your point of waiting till the offseason, yes that is what I am most looking forward to (which I also stated in my original post). Wait until after one season to judge... no need. I am already on record in my OP as stating I enjoy the mode and it adds a ton of depth to the game. My thread is more about discussion rather than dealing with absolutes.

jaymo76
07-13-2011, 05:34 PM
Another issue has arisen... HOW DO YOU CHALLENGE PLAYS if you fumble the ball? I go to the chaallenge screen and the game will NOT let me challenge. I wait for the HC to challenge and he doesn't. I was dismantled by WVU 43-20 and two of their scores came from calls that were NOT challenged but would have been overturned if they were. What's the secret to challening??? Help :)

smace767
07-13-2011, 06:58 PM
I am enjoying the mode and i like the lack of control. It brings you back to those times when your coach did things you didnt want to do. Like punting on 4th and 2 inches ect.. If i wanted more control i would be the head coach. I do agree that if there are no ST coaches they could have wrapped those duties in the two coordinators.

4th downs- I think that on 4th down in future versions of this, it would be cool to see a pop up with 3 pitches from the OC that is a strong go for it, a mild go for it and a dont go for it pitch. The relation ship between your oc rating and the HC rating determines if it works. if your offense has a great percentage of conversions, the trust to go for it on 4th down increases.

As a note while i was playing as Troy's OC vs my rival So miss. I lost the game when i was tackled inside the one yd line with nine seconds left in a tie game. i was tryin to let the clock run down when i lost control the screen flashed and the next thing i know its in overtime. I thought the Kicker must have missed the kick but after the game the kicker never attempted it. It was 4th down so a bad snap would have done the same thing but i dont know if its a glitch. we had two TO left.

recruiting- Im fine with how it is
but my two improves would be Senior coordinator take pipeline and the jr guy recruits all the other states. Cpu / head coach fills the initial Big board based on needs. The big board lists who is the recruiter for that recruit.

But once we are in the regular season, the coordinator can add or remove any guy on his board as long as the goal of the target players are signed. However you can only over sign one more than your open scholarships. Recruiting hours and signing requirements would be dynamic. Each week the CPU would assign you guys you must try to get and you can also go after anyone else you have room for as a team.

Whoever has the highest interested recruit we need in his region is responsible for that position. If the highest guy was outside the pipeline and he signed elsewhere.and the next highest target is in the pipe, then the recruiter for that spot changes. after needs its a best avail until we are done.

The big change would be holding scholarships for needs.
Give each a percentage of the 10 hours based on the board. If we are recruiting 9 guys in the pipeline and 2 outside the pipeline. The pipe gets 8.5 and outside gets 1.5 hours for example. of course the cpu is which ever coordinator you are not. Not perfect, but that setup would be a nice challenge.

OptionMasta
07-13-2011, 09:03 PM
As to your last point I'm not sure how that's possible since nobody else who has posted can play special teams. How did you accomplish that exactly... Are you playing as DC? As to the rest of your argument, I appreciate your commentary though it's a little too oversimplified based on my primary thesis regarding connection to the mode itself as compared to previous iterations. Yes I get that being an OC I don't have the same connection to the D but that's not really my point. The mode itself still has further to go regarding the immersion experience. As to your point of waiting till the offseason, yes that is what I am most looking forward to (which I also stated in my original post). Wait until after one season to judge... no need. I am already on record in my OP as stating I enjoy the mode and it adds a ton of depth to the game. My thread is more about discussion rather than dealing with absolutes.

First off, I am not trying to form an argument. You posted an interesting thread with an interesting topic and I am trying to be a part of that discussion. If my tone was argumentative in my last post I apologize as it was not my intent.

You have posted a lot of pros and cons to the on field experience that this mode has opened up, however, what I want to know is what you expected in the first place or what your (or the other community members) thoughts are on improving it to meet the desires you have expressed. My point is that the in game experience has met my expectations thus far and I am having an issue coming up with realistic expectations for improvement, particularly in what you are referring to as "immersion." I mentioned that maybe you would feel more connected to the on game experience as a whole if you were able to watch the defense. Other than that and having some input in major game decisions I am drawing a blank. I also mentioned that it seems as though (from my brief experience as an OC) I do have the ability to go for it in certain situations as the offense is still on the field on 4th down. I just take that as the vote of confidence to go for it.

I believe that the situation with special teams is as follows: there are instances where the offense is left on the field on 4th down as I mentioned in the previous paragraph. In these situations, I believe I have chosen to punt and kick FGs when perhaps the CPU had assumed I was just going to go for it. This could have been in a situation where the ball was inside the opponent's 40 yard line for example and I chose to punt. I also distinctly remember kicking FGs. This may have been the iffy territory around the 30-35 yard line. You are able to access special teams while you are the OC. If you go to where you normally find special teams in the playbook you will only see the option to punt I believe, however, you can also hit triangle on PS3 or Y on 360 and it should bring you to the full special teams playbook.

And my main point, which I wanted to clarify, is that when I think of carousel, I don't even think about these things we are talking about (the in game experience) as part of it. I can see that they are, now, which is the most interesting part of this discussion, however, we'll really see what happens in the offseason. It's quite possible the mode with suck or be awesome depending on how that all goes down and so of course we need to reserve judgment until then. I know you understand that, as well, and was not insinuating that you do not.

Dr Death
07-13-2011, 09:35 PM
I have a question if anyone can answer it... I am doing an Off-line dynasty just waiting for roster's to drop, and I am the OC at :Kansas: Every time the defense is on the field I have to hit RB to see the play actually play out. Is there a way to set it so that you don't have to do this and can just watch the game until the offense gets the ball back?

One other note... We were playing :San_Jose_State: and killing them, and late in the game I had a 4th and 5 and the coach allowed me to go for it. We picked it up too. We were winning 44-0 at the time. But it seems the better you do, the more the HC may "trust" you in certain situations. I hadn't heard anyone talk about that before. I was kind of shocked. I also love the fact that SS isn't sitting there "warning" me every time I do something. You just get a score at the end of the game. Thank you EA for taking those annoying warning signs out!

My -70 was well earned! :D :D :D

jaymo76
07-14-2011, 01:24 PM
First off, I am not trying to form an argument. You posted an interesting thread with an interesting topic and I am trying to be a part of that discussion. If my tone was argumentative in my last post I apologize as it was not my intent.

You have posted a lot of pros and cons to the on field experience that this mode has opened up, however, what I want to know is what you expected in the first place or what your (or the other community members) thoughts are on improving it to meet the desires you have expressed. My point is that the in game experience has met my expectations thus far and I am having an issue coming up with realistic expectations for improvement, particularly in what you are referring to as "immersion." I mentioned that maybe you would feel more connected to the on game experience as a whole if you were able to watch the defense. Other than that and having some input in major game decisions I am drawing a blank. I also mentioned that it seems as though (from my brief experience as an OC) I do have the ability to go for it in certain situations as the offense is still on the field on 4th down. I just take that as the vote of confidence to go for it.

I believe that the situation with special teams is as follows: there are instances where the offense is left on the field on 4th down as I mentioned in the previous paragraph. In these situations, I believe I have chosen to punt and kick FGs when perhaps the CPU had assumed I was just going to go for it. This could have been in a situation where the ball was inside the opponent's 40 yard line for example and I chose to punt. I also distinctly remember kicking FGs. This may have been the iffy territory around the 30-35 yard line. You are able to access special teams while you are the OC. If you go to where you normally find special teams in the playbook you will only see the option to punt I believe, however, you can also hit triangle on PS3 or Y on 360 and it should bring you to the full special teams playbook.

And my main point, which I wanted to clarify, is that when I think of carousel, I don't even think about these things we are talking about (the in game experience) as part of it. I can see that they are, now, which is the most interesting part of this discussion, however, we'll really see what happens in the offseason. It's quite possible the mode with suck or be awesome depending on how that all goes down and so of course we need to reserve judgment until then. I know you understand that, as well, and was not insinuating that you do not.

No worries brother. I missunderstood what you were trying to say. That's a unique way to look at it re: 4th down/special teams. I acutally did that last night. Rather than go for the two point I called in the special teams and kicked the single.

OptionMasta
07-14-2011, 03:15 PM
So I made it through my first offseason. I'm still not sure how I feel about this feature...

My experience was that I started with Arkansas State (:Arkansas_State:) as the OC. I played through the first season and the team won 10 games and won the GoDaddy.com bowl vs. Temple. I surpassed almost all expectations as the OC. I had like 6x the amount of rushing yards required and 3x the amount of passing yards I believe. I believe I had a top 5 offense in the country.

In the offseason, I was a little disappointed by the carousel. I was expecting a screen that would dynamically show me who took what job and then move onto the next one. I used to play CH2k8 and if anyone else on here has played that this was what I was expecting from the carousel. Instead, when I selected "coaching carousel" it took me right to my job offers. In future versions, I would like to see it more like CH2k8 where you hit a button to advance through the next job, etc. That kind of builds up anticipation as to when you get your job offer.

The second point I have in regards to the offseason is that I was offered the Pitt OC job. I thought this was a little early. I guess maybe because Pitt (:Pitt:) is only a 3* prestige school I had a better chance at getting to my destination early than some of the other people who will have 6* prestige jobs as their alma mater. I just hope that this game is different than in years past that it actually takes you a while to get to where you want to be. My other offer was the HC job at San Jose State (:San_Jose_State:) which I didn't even want to throw my name into the hat for because their roster didn't fit my offense. I guess it would have been interesting to see if I would have gotten that job because I had other candidates with better credentials competing for it.

The third thing I want to note is that my coach prestige has not increased from D+ yet despite having a great offensive season. I don't know if maybe it increases when the new season begins or not.

jaymo76
07-14-2011, 03:27 PM
So I made it through my first offseason. I'm still not sure how I feel about this feature...

My experience was that I started with Arkansas State (:Arkansas_State:) as the OC. I played through the first season and the team won 10 games and won the GoDaddy.com bowl vs. Temple. I surpassed almost all expectations as the OC. I had like 6x the amount of rushing yards required and 3x the amount of passing yards I believe. I believe I had a top 5 offense in the country.

In the offseason, I was a little disappointed by the carousel. I was expecting a screen that would dynamically show me who took what job and then move onto the next one. I used to play CH2k8 and if anyone else on here has played that this was what I was expecting from the carousel. Instead, when I selected "coaching carousel" it took me right to my job offers. In future versions, I would like to see it more like CH2k8 where you hit a button to advance through the next job, etc. That kind of builds up anticipation as to when you get your job offer.

The second point I have in regards to the offseason is that I was offered the Pitt OC job. I thought this was a little early. I guess maybe because Pitt (:Pitt:) is only a 3* prestige school I had a better chance at getting to my destination early than some of the other people who will have 6* prestige jobs as their alma mater. I just hope that this game is different than in years past that it actually takes you a while to get to where you want to be. My other offer was the HC job at San Jose State (:San_Jose_State:) which I didn't even want to throw my name into the hat for because their roster didn't fit my offense. I guess it would have been interesting to see if I would have gotten that job because I had other candidates with better credentials competing for it.

The third thing I want to note is that my coach prestige has not increased from D+ yet despite having a great offensive season. I don't know if maybe it increases when the new season begins or not.

I will be finished in the next few hours... after the kids have their nap. I don't understand why your prestige hasn't increased. You would think it would have increased significantly based on the stats you are reporting. What is your % apporval rating? I just looked at mine and I am at 66% and a C rating. However, I know I had a huge upset win versus Conneticut and gained a lot of boost. Did youi have any major upset wins? Also, did you co-coaches improve? My HC is at 70% approval and the DC is at 58% approval. We (Syracuse) have had a great season thus far (7-4) with one game to go.

Paakaa10
07-14-2011, 03:32 PM

You aren't required to skip to your job offers. If you just go into "Coaching Carousel" at the end of the year, you can press :ps3x: to go job-by-job until your offers come in; then you can even keep going job-by-job after your offers are done coming in.

I forget what button does it, but if you push the button to skip to your offers then you'll miss out on the other jobs, yes.

cdj
07-14-2011, 03:32 PM

There should have been a tab within the Carousel where you see who is 'up next' making moves (Next Hire). On that menu, just sit back and hit :360a:/:ps3x: for each school and see the moves take place. Do not use the 'Skip to,' press :360a:/:ps3x: to go hire by hire.

OptionMasta
07-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Jaymo: I didn't really have any upset wins. Still, a 10 win season should up my prestige level. The % you are talking about, though, did increase for me. I started with like 40% job security and at the end of the season I was up to about 66%.

cdj and paakaa: Thanks for the responses. I guess I just missed this/missed the boat on it somehow. I'm glad it works that way. Now I need to play through another season to get back and watch it again!

jaymo76
07-14-2011, 03:43 PM
Jaymo: I didn't really have any upset wins. Still, a 10 win season should up my prestige level. The % you are talking about, though, did increase for me. I started with like 40% job security and at the end of the season I was up to about 66%.

cdj and paakaa: Thanks for the responses. I guess I just missed this/missed the boat on it somehow. I'm glad it works that way. Now I need to play through another season to get back and watch it again!

At least on the bright side if when you play as a coordinator games go so quickly. Seasons can be finished in 2-3 days. I have never finished a season this quickly. :)

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2011, 03:45 PM

I want to think, based on simulations for coach prestige numbers that JeffHCross did in the Q&A threads, that coach prestige ratings don't change until the start of the next season.

OptionMasta
07-14-2011, 05:38 PM
I'll have to check on that later. I didn't take notice to whether or by how much it changed.

jaymo76
07-14-2011, 07:29 PM
I want to think, based on simulations for coach prestige numbers that JeffHCross did in the Q&A threads, that coach prestige ratings don't change until the start of the next season.

Nope, I know for a fact they do. I moved to a C from a D+ AFTER my upset win over Conneticut. You % changes throughout the year as well. I ended with 68% approval. Starting season two I am 68% and C rated.

jaymo76
07-14-2011, 07:50 PM
Okay so I finished my first season as OC at Syracuse.
* went 8-4 in the regular season
* upset Conneticut 36-30 in OT (int ret for a TD) #1 RANKED GAMESCORE
* LOST to SMU 33-28 BEEF O'BRADY'S BOWL (man that sounds so stupid...lol)

Then I started the coaching carousel. Things went slow at first. NO MAJOR COACHES WERE FIRED OR RETIRED. The vast majority of coaches were rehired. When I looked at the hirings at least 85% of all contracts were renewed. (Marrone~ Syracuse HC rode my coat tails to a 4 year extension (with an 80% approval rating).

Some observations:

-Tulsa fired the HC/OC/DC
-Conneticut fired the OC/DC and brought in PITT's OC & DC ???
-toughest NON-BCS contract by far went to FAU... 8 WIN SEASONS OVER THE NEXT THREE YEARS etc.
-all of the best jobs go early~ the longer you wait the worse they get
-a lot of team OC's/DC's were hired to replace their own HC (eg, HAWAII, UCLA, SDSU, etc.)
-ZERO ALMA MATER HIRES... interesting observation
-most unique change... ARMY adopts a SPREAD OFFENSE
-OKLAHOMA ST. won the NC... both coordinators were hired as HEAD COACHES.

For me personally I was IN THE RUNNING FOR 11 JOBS (10OC's and 1 HC)
* I was offered EIGHT JOBS
** most tempting... HEAD COACH AT VANDY
** IDAHO, EAST MICHIGAN, ULL least tempting

*** I decided to STAY with Syracuse and continue to gain prestige so I can get a better offer

I was really interested in the TULSA HC job but I didnt get a sniff. They said they were going in another direction. One thing that sucks... you know if you got the job or not when you pre-emptively look at the contract when the team is on the clock. Overall, the mode was a blast. My wife told me a had the biggest grin when I would get offers and look chocked when I didn't. So looking forward to season two later tonight.

OptionMasta
07-14-2011, 08:56 PM
Awesome man. Glad to hear it worked out that way. Hopefully now that I am the OC at Pitt I will land better/more offers. One interesting thing of note is that when I signed my contract with Pitt I got a message that essentially said I would not get another contract until the duration of this one had run. That was interesting to me seeing as my first contract was a 2 year deal but I went to a different school after only 1 season.

Also I wonder if you didn't even get a sniff from Tulsa because your offensive philosophy is pro (this is an assumption because you were Syracuse).

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2011, 11:46 PM
Nope, I know for a fact they do. I moved to a C from a D+ AFTER my upset win over Conneticut. You % changes throughout the year as well. I ended with 68% approval. Starting season two I am 68% and C rated.

Sweet, thanks for the correction. JHC must have just been only looking at the numbers at the end/beginning of each season and that was why I thought that. Good to know though. I actually prefer this way, since you can see instant feedback in your prestige and approval rating after big wins or bad losses. Makes it better that way.

Okay so I finished my first season as OC at Syracuse.
* went 8-4 in the regular season
* upset Conneticut 36-30 in OT (int ret for a TD) #1 RANKED GAMESCORE
* LOST to SMU 33-28 BEEF O'BRADY'S BOWL (man that sounds so stupid...lol)

Then I started the coaching carousel. Things went slow at first. NO MAJOR COACHES WERE FIRED OR RETIRED. The vast majority of coaches were rehired. When I looked at the hirings at least 85% of all contracts were renewed. (Marrone~ Syracuse HC rode my coat tails to a 4 year extension (with an 80% approval rating).

Some observations:

-Tulsa fired the HC/OC/DC
-Conneticut fired the OC/DC and brought in PITT's OC & DC ???
-toughest NON-BCS contract by far went to FAU... 8 WIN SEASONS OVER THE NEXT THREE YEARS etc.
-all of the best jobs go early~ the longer you wait the worse they get
-a lot of team OC's/DC's were hired to replace their own HC (eg, HAWAII, UCLA, SDSU, etc.)
-ZERO ALMA MATER HIRES... interesting observation
-most unique change... ARMY adopts a SPREAD OFFENSE
-OKLAHOMA ST. won the NC... both coordinators were hired as HEAD COACHES.

For me personally I was IN THE RUNNING FOR 11 JOBS (10OC's and 1 HC)
* I was offered EIGHT JOBS
** most tempting... HEAD COACH AT VANDY
** IDAHO, EAST MICHIGAN, ULL least tempting

*** I decided to STAY with Syracuse and continue to gain prestige so I can get a better offer

I was really interested in the TULSA HC job but I didnt get a sniff. They said they were going in another direction. One thing that sucks... you know if you got the job or not when you pre-emptively look at the contract when the team is on the clock. Overall, the mode was a blast. My wife told me a had the biggest grin when I would get offers and look chocked when I didn't. So looking forward to season two later tonight.

That's awesome to read man! I can't wait for FK to get the 360 rosters done either tonight or sometime tomorrow so I can start up my own dynasty and get to enjoy CC for myself. Great stuff man!

jaymo76
07-15-2011, 11:28 AM
Now this is interesting: I am three games in to season two and I am checking out the contracts of other coaches. Currently the LOWEST % COACH is at a whopping 19% approval rating. He has outright failed 8 of 11 goals and this is only year two of four. Who is that coach you ask? MACK BROWN OF THE TEXAS LONGHORNS! Second lowest approval is at 20% held by Paul Wulff of of WSU.

On another note, (Maronne), Syracuse HC re-upped his contract and WOW a winning season sure adds a lot of pressure to perform. His goals are a lot harder. For example he is required too make a final top 25 appearance before the end of his contract.

JBHuskers
07-15-2011, 11:53 AM
I went with the majority here. Love it, but want more next year. I want a lot of intrigue added to the mode. It seems like that is lacking.

PDuncanOSU
07-15-2011, 12:28 PM
I started a dynasty with a created coach and took a 2 year contract as the OC for Ohio University (a 2* school in the MAC). I used default AA difficulty and AA recruiting difficulty. I played the first 2 games of the first season, let the CPU handle recruiting and then simulated the rest of the year. We went 9-4 with a loss in a bowl game and I ended up with 0 goals failed, 4 passed, and 5 in progress. I watched some of the coaching carousel and got no job offers, then simulated the rest of the offseason and the next season as well. In season 2 we went 10-3 with a loss in the MAC title game but a bowl game win. We signed more 3* recruits then the first year, and even signed one 4* guard. I passed 8 goals, 2 of which had 6 >, failed 1 which had 4 <, and was fired. My coach is still a D+ prestige and I accepted a job as OC at Louisiana Tech.
I am surprised I got fired after 2 fairly successful seasons, and passing 8 out 9 goals, but am overall pretty happy with how the carousel worked. Has anyone else had any firings that they were surprised by? Do you have to pass all your goals to get a contract extension? What are the fewest amount of goals anyone has passed and still kept their job?

OptionMasta
07-15-2011, 12:37 PM
I lost to Syracuse last night with Pitt jaymo! Talk about wanting to throw a controller :). Honestly, I like Syracuse IRL and they're the team in the Big East I hope turns it around more than anybody.

Anyways, I don't want this to just be ragging on EA but why can they never get simulation things correct? These are the things that I think should be easiest to correct but yet they continue to have issues with them year after year. Whether it's statistics being inaccurate and completely unrealistic or players developing too quickly, or K and P recruits all being rated too low and sucking huge balls, or now having way too many coaches who are in the A range in prestige. Add the super sim issue (which has been well documented in the past) to the list of issues with simulation and non-game play issues they can't get right.

To test out the coaching carousel, I picked TCU. With Gary Patterson I was getting offers to coach 2* teams or be the DC for a 3* team. What's up with that? Is this because of the number coaches having too high a prestige rating?

jaymo76
07-15-2011, 02:28 PM
Yeah, Option Masta, I am enjoying the mode but my biggest gripe bar far has to be the supersim issues and their relation to the wacky stats. The cpu just can't figure out how a cpu should play a ball control offense. I swear by the time I leave Syracuse I will have set every single offensive record because I get so many possessions.

griffin2608
07-15-2011, 02:34 PM
Voted love it but want more. The supersim issue should be fixed. I tried to play as a d coordinator but it wasnt fun with the sim issue and next year I thing you should be able to play both side of the ball if you want to. Yea I am a d coordinator but I should be able to play the game however I want to.

souljahbill
07-15-2011, 02:46 PM
Voted love it but want more. The supersim issue should be fixed. I tried to play as a d coordinator but it wasnt fun with the sim issue and next year I thing you should be able to play both side of the ball if you want to. Yea I am a d coordinator but I should be able to play the game however I want to.

Just be a head coach.

griffin2608
07-15-2011, 03:28 PM
Just be a head coach.

Yes that is what I did but there was a game by 989 studios college game day? I think that had the same idea but you could play the whole game if you wanted. The mode right now is broken with the sim issue. If you had the option of playing you would not have to restart the dynasty. I will never agree with the less options trend that has taken over the genre let me choose to play the game how I see fit.

souljahbill
07-15-2011, 03:39 PM
Yes that is what I did but there was a game by 989 studios college game day? I think that had the same idea but you could play the whole game if you wanted. The mode right now is broken with the sim issue. If you had the option of playing you would not have to restart the dynasty. I will never agree with the less options trend that has taken over the genre let me choose to play the game how I see fit.

Being a coordinator and controlling both sides of the ball kinda defeats the purpose.

griffin2608
07-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Being a coordinator and controlling both sides of the ball kinda defeats the purpose.

To you maybe, not to me. Playing the mode as a coordinator as it is now is broken. To me the mode feels unconnected between what is going on on d and o and special teams. At least give us an option to watch the action with out having to go through the super sim screen. The only advancement you have would depend on your goals as either the o or d coordinator. If you wanted to play the whole game I feel like you should have the option to. That's my opinion, you are entitled to yours.

jaymo76
07-15-2011, 10:18 PM
In season two as Syracuse OC I am now 2-4. I have NEVER been 2-4 in the history of the NCAA series!!!. I was dismantled 41-7 at West Virginia. My QB's combined for FIVE pics. This was the worst game I have EVER played. Angry at the time but upon reflection it was great to see. I might actually miss the bowl season. I have NEVER not been invited to a bowl game...

souljahbill
07-16-2011, 07:05 AM
In season two as Syracuse OC I am now 2-4. I have NEVER been 2-4 in the history of the NCAA series!!!. I was dismantled 41-7 at West Virginia. My QB's combined for FIVE pics. This was the worst game I have EVER played. Angry at the time but upon reflection it was great to see. I might actually miss the bowl season. I have NEVER not been invited to a bowl game...

I was 5-7 my 1st season as the OC on my TB team. I met all my goals outside of win 8 games but my HC got fired. I got promoted to HC in the offseason (the old HC became the DC at Utah St. and the HC of Central Michigan became my new OC).

JBHuskers
07-16-2011, 10:39 AM

It is great to see. I barely got by Bowling Green and didn't really impress against North Dakota in my Idaho offline dynasty, then I played Texas A&M and got completely shellacked.

jaymo76
07-16-2011, 01:12 PM
Last night after a marathon of games (man was I tired this morning as I headed out the door for my oldest son's baseball/t-ball class) I brought my record to 5-6. I was sitting at 3-6 after losing a defensive (and awful to watch) game to UCONN. After benching my starting QB and modifying my playbook to a custom run heavy I AND Shotgun set I had a convincing win against Cincinatti and an upset shocker against Rutgers. My last game is against USF (#22). For any shot at a bowl I have to win... very unlikely.

Three observations~

-bonus given for a win against a better ranked team (OC gets more points than DC/HC why???)
-% points taken away if you lose to a lower ranked team (OC loses more than a DC/HC) why???)
-I have the lowest job securty (64%) in the BIG EAST but have failed ZERO goals... how is 1-11 Cincy coordinator at 87%???

OptionMasta
07-16-2011, 07:08 PM
In my first season with Pitt (OC) I am 9-3 with losses to VT, Cuse, and WVU. I'm really pissed at myself for losing to Cuse because I had the far better team but also pissed about the loss to WVU because I didn't realize I was only down by 6 with 40+ seconds left in the 4th. I had thrown a pick on the drive before and just expected that the CPU scored a TD on me. Instead of playing the series out I just kind of dicked around because I thought I was finished.

Anyways, it's an invite to the Champ's Sports Bowl against UNC for me. I'm hoping to win that and then see the carousel again.

OptionMasta
07-16-2011, 08:56 PM
I lost to UNC big in the Champs Sports Bowl. I played until the half because I was so disgusted with the way things were going. I was down 14-0 before I even took control of the offense (a fumbled kickoff return I believe) and threw a stick route and watched the CPU CB warp through my WR for the INT. I figured enough was enough.

I then got no HC offers in the offseason. At this point, I can't wait to get a HC offer so that I can play defense. I'm getting pretty sick of the Super Sim issues. Not only does the CPU have quick drives, they're also nearly always for TDs against me it seems. I want to get in there and stop them!

jaymo76
07-16-2011, 09:54 PM
I managed to win three straight and made it to 6-6 with a shocking upset of USF 31-28 (with 13 seconds left I hit a FG). A s a result I am off to the terribly named Beef o' Brady bowl vs Houston. I AM AT 70% APPROVAL but still a C level coach. Kids off to bed... it's bowl time.

Mario8267
07-16-2011, 10:33 PM
I like it so far..... A few buddies and I created a one star dynasty as an OC. It's been cool so far, the games are super short. One bad thing is there really isn't a game flow feel to it. But I'm glad they added it.

jaymo76
07-17-2011, 02:59 AM
End of season two carousel: Syracuse 7-6 (victory over Houston 49-38) in Beef O’Brady Bowl

Observations:
-Kansas State HC FIRED… WVU oc& /dc (Bill Bedenbaugh/Jeff Casteel) IN THE RUNNING… the job goes to Illinois (Vic Koenning)
-WVU coordinators up for Boston College HC ~goes to BC DC Bill McGovern
-WVU coordinators up for OHIO HC… finally Jeff Casteel is given the job
-Bill Bedenbaugh finally hired as LSU head coach~ LSU moves to an AIR RAID offense
-Washington HC Steve Sarkisian was fired and up for his job.. TEXAS A&M Coordinators Tom Rossley (OC) AND Tim DeRuyter (DC)… JOB GOES TO Rossley
-I was in the running for the OC of Utah… but it went to John Shoop of UNC
-In the running for Clemson OC but didn’t get it
-No carousel… simply offered Conneticut OC… I turned it down (no benefit)
-In the running for NC State OC… but didn’t get it
-In the running for New Mexico HC but didn’t get it
-Offered the North Carolina OC… rejected it
-Offered ULL HC… rejected
-Offered UNLV… rejected it because I was up for UTEP… didn’t get an offer 
-Offered OC for Kansas…. Rejected
-Offered OC for NAVY… rejected
-Offered… NEVADA, VIRGINIA, WESTERN MICHIGAN, IDAHO, ULM to be the OC… rejected them all.

Near the end of the carousel a lot of generic cpu coaches were in the running. This year DC’s were the big hires for head coaches. However, as I look at some of the coaches available who didn’t get offers, I shake my head. The Syracuse DC is a B+ with an 80% approval yet gor ZERO offers while 9 generics with D ratings were hired…why????

Also there were only FOUR carousel this year. Pretty much every job was decided without a carousel. I love this feature but it wasn’t a ton of fun in year two. Next year I am taking an HC job no questions asked. My contract is up and I need a change!

Just as a side note... there were only 16 head coach jobs available this year and FIVE were from retirement.

morsdraconis
07-17-2011, 10:13 AM
Damn, that's a HUGE blow to WVU's defense losing Jeff Casteel. He's one of the truly great defensive minds out there (and relatively unknown as well). Interesting that he went to Ohio as the HC instead of a higher prestige school. What's Ohio's prestige now and what was Casteel's Coach Prestige rating?

jaymo76
07-17-2011, 11:03 AM
Damn, that's a HUGE blow to WVU's defense losing Jeff Casteel. He's one of the truly great defensive minds out there (and relatively unknown as well). Interesting that he went to Ohio as the HC instead of a higher prestige school. What's Ohio's prestige now and what was Casteel's Coach Prestige rating?

I think Ohio is a 2star but I know for a fact that both Casteel AND Bedenbaugh were both A+ PRESTIGE WITH 100% JOB APPROVAL before the carousel began. Some of the major candidates went to the crappiest jobs (eg Akron).

SmoothPancakes
07-17-2011, 11:16 AM
I think Ohio is a 2star but I know for a fact that both Casteel AND Bedenbaugh were both A+ PRESTIGE WITH 100% JOB APPROVAL before the carousel began. Some of the major candidates went to the crappiest jobs (eg Akron).

What is Casteel's Alma Mater in the game? I know when I went through and edited the names and Alma Maters of head coaches in FK's roster file, there was only maybe 15 or 20 HCs who had their Alma Mater set correctly. I can't imagine the OCs and DCs were any better. It could be a possible explanation for why some of the big name coordinators when to some of the most random schools.

morsdraconis
07-17-2011, 01:57 PM
What is Casteel's Alma Mater in the game? I know when I went through and edited the names and Alma Maters of head coaches in FK's roster file, there was only maybe 15 or 20 HCs who had their Alma Mater set correctly. I can't imagine the OCs and DCs were any better. It could be a possible explanation for why some of the big name coordinators when to some of the most random schools.

That was my thinking as well. His alma mater in real life is Cal of PA, which, obviously, can't be put in the game, so I would image, if they did set it to anything, it would be UTEP (his first real Div I coaching job). Before that, he was at Glenville State College in WV and Shepard College in WV before coming to WVU in 2001 with Rich Rod.

OptionMasta
07-17-2011, 04:01 PM
Let's hope you get offered a HC job, jaymo. I'm hoping the same happens for me because I am itching to play defense already. I used to super sim defense last year but this year I am really interested in playing both sides. I want to also recruit my guys. Just being the offense is getting a little stale.

If I don't get offered a HC job this time around (year 3) I am going to be a little disappointed. After my first season I think I would have been in the running for the San Jose State job but decided to take the Pitt OC job. My contract expires after the 4th season so definitely I need to get a HC job then. If not, I don't think I could advise anyone to play as a coordinator because it could be NCAA 13 release day before you finally get a HC job.

jaymo76
07-17-2011, 05:54 PM

The wife and kids have the TV so I will have to check after but I'm not sure. Thanks Mors I didn't actually know what the alma mater was for the WVU coaching staff. It seems as though all amla maters are random. Tonight I might do some internet research and change alma maters of major coaches and coordinators.

jaymo76
07-17-2011, 05:58 PM
Let's hope you get offered a HC job, jaymo. I'm hoping the same happens for me because I am itching to play defense already. I used to super sim defense last year but this year I am really interested in playing both sides. I want to also recruit my guys. Just being the offense is getting a little stale.

If I don't get offered a HC job this time around (year 3) I am going to be a little disappointed. After my first season I think I would have been in the running for the San Jose State job but decided to take the Pitt OC job. My contract expires after the 4th season so definitely I need to get a HC job then. If not, I don't think I could advise anyone to play as a coordinator because it could be NCAA 13 release day before you finally get a HC job.

I'm pretty sure you will get an HC offer this year. Now the Q... are you going to jump at the first offer or "wait and see" and run the risk of no offer??? Before you start carousel look at all the HC's their contract length and approval rating. Then go through and look and see what school re-upped early. Last night I thought I was a shoe in for the UTEP job so I passed on New Mexico... I was wrong. Good luck this time around.

SmoothPancakes
07-17-2011, 06:25 PM
The wife and kids have the TV so I will have to check after but I'm not sure. Thanks Mors I didn't actually know what the alma mater was for the WVU coaching staff. It seems as though all amla maters are random. Tonight I might do some internet research and change alma maters of major coaches and coordinators.

I don't know if mors still has it as it was Google Docs excel file, but mors (90%) and myself (10%) looked up all the alma maters for all 240 coordinators. I already have an excel file on my laptop with the alma maters for all 120 head coaches. It'd save you some time at least.

cdj
07-17-2011, 06:41 PM
I don't know if mors still has it as it was Google Docs excel file, but mors (90%) and myself (10%) looked up all the alma maters for all 240 coordinators. I already have an excel file on my laptop with the alma maters for all 120 head coaches. It'd save you some time at least.

What did you guys put for those with alma maters of non-FBS schools? The game doesn't have a 'None' or 'FCS' option. At quick glance, on the PS3 side it looks like first FBS job is what they went with.

SmoothPancakes
07-17-2011, 06:44 PM
What did you guys put for those with alma maters of non-FBS schools? The game doesn't have a 'None' or 'FCS' option. At quick glance, on the PS3 side it looks like first FBS job is what they went with.

That's what we did. For those with alma maters of non-FBS schools, we went with the first FBS job in their coaching career for their alma mater.

jaymo76
07-17-2011, 07:46 PM

Awesome!

OptionMasta
07-17-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm pretty sure you will get an HC offer this year. Now the Q... are you going to jump at the first offer or "wait and see" and run the risk of no offer??? Before you start carousel look at all the HC's their contract length and approval rating. Then go through and look and see what school re-upped early. Last night I thought I was a shoe in for the UTEP job so I passed on New Mexico... I was wrong. Good luck this time around.

We'll have to see. I still have a year left on my contract after this so I may not get a HC offer. I am 8-4 going into bowl season this year as the team was quite disappointing (my offense included). I still hit the goals I was supposed to, though, besides the one for having a 60% completion percentage. My original QB (Sunseri) was a good passer and had some legs but he graduated and I was left with a guy with legs or a guy with an arm and I chose the guy with legs. Unfortunately, he's not accurate at all.

I'll report back on what happens. Should be interesting.

jaymo76
07-17-2011, 09:15 PM
That's what we did. For those with alma maters of non-FBS schools, we went with the first FBS job in their coaching career for their alma mater.

Just looked it up...

Casteel has UTEP and Bedenbaugh has Texas Tech...

OptionMasta
07-17-2011, 09:37 PM
So I finished my season at 9-4 with Pitt with a win in the Liberty Bowl. I had met all my goals again for the season. There seemed to be a lot of HC with low approval ratings so I thought I had a good chance at quite a few jobs. I believe that UTEP was among them as well as you had previously mentioned. When it was my turn I had the usual OC offers - UCLA, USF, etc. that you need to wade through in order to see if there are any HC positions. One of the unexpected openings was ULM's head coaching job. The guy left after an 8 win season in the Sun Belt to be an OC at LSU. I got an offer to be HC of WKU first but declined as the ULM roster is much better fit to what I want to do and more talented as well. ULM offered me and I accepted.

I missed out on a few HC jobs as well. The HC jobs that came after me were Buffalo, Temple, Idaho, and MTSU. I'm coaching Temple in another dynasty and although I really like them that's not a big loss. I may have preferred one of the other job offers to ULM but we'll have to see. Unfortunately, I was not offered the Arkansas State job despite the fact that I started there. Also, I believe it's noteworthy that I got a 1 year contract while most of these other positions were 3 year deals. I think that's kind of strange and hope it doesn't come back to bite me.

jaymo76
07-17-2011, 09:40 PM
So I finished my season at 9-4 with Pitt with a win in the Liberty Bowl. I had met all my goals again for the season. There seemed to be a lot of HC with low approval ratings so I thought I had a good chance at quite a few jobs. I believe that UTEP was among them as well as you had previously mentioned. When it was my turn I had the usual OC offers - UCLA, USF, etc. that you need to wade through in order to see if there are any HC positions. One of the unexpected openings was ULM's head coaching job. The guy left after an 8 win season in the Sun Belt to be an OC at LSU. I got an offer to be HC of WKU first but declined as the ULM roster is much better fit to what I want to do and more talented as well. ULM offered me and I accepted.

I missed out on a few HC jobs as well. The HC jobs that came after me were Buffalo, Temple, Idaho, and MTSU. I'm coaching Temple in another dynasty and although I really like them that's not a big loss. I may have preferred one of the other job offers to ULM but we'll have to see. Unfortunately, I was not offered the Arkansas State job despite the fact that I started there. Also, I believe it's noteworthy that I got a 1 year contract while most of these other positions were 3 year deals. I think that's kind of strange and hope it doesn't come back to bite me.

Yeah last night I was offered the ULL job. I was tempted but they are ranked 120th and a 66 ovr. Plus, they had the worst recruiting class of the year. It was a three year offer. However, the New Mexico job was only for a year. Maybe they want to see if you're worth it the first time around.

morsdraconis
07-17-2011, 10:48 PM
Just looked it up...

Casteel has UTEP and Bedenbaugh has Texas Tech...

Then it looks like they already have them set to whatever their first FBS job was as that is what Casteel should have.

As for the spreadsheet, unfortunately, I already deleted it. :(

BaylorBearBryant
07-18-2011, 12:02 AM
I love CC, but I hope the supersim and coach prestige get fixed in a patch. If not this year, then definitely with NCAA13.

jaymo76
07-18-2011, 12:30 PM
Then it looks like they already have them set to whatever their first FBS job was as that is what Casteel should have.

As for the spreadsheet, unfortunately, I already deleted it. :(

Well on the brightside we can EDIT coaches alma maters at ANY TIME in dynasty so the customization works well here.

SmoothPancakes
07-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Awesome!

Jaymo, here's the link to my Google Docs file of the HC Alma Maters.

https://spreadsheets3.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=tLR1RtslolwdlWOlQCCspgg#gid=0

Let me know if you want to work on Coordinators. Just PM me your email address and I'll add you to the list of people allowed to edit if you want to look up alma maters online. I can go through my roster file in game and look up what myself and mors had the alma maters set as and edit them into the list when I get a chance.

OptionMasta
07-18-2011, 02:37 PM
Just read some disappointing news. Pastapadre reports an issue with (online) dynasty regarding the coaching carousel: after expiration of a contract the user isn't allowed into the carousel for some odd reason if they choose to explore their other options rather than renewing their contract.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/07/18/ncaa-football-12-dynasty-problems-surface

I really hope that this doesn't happen 100% of the time to every user. If that's the case, I'm in trouble if ULM decides to keep me and I would like to explore the other options at the end of the season.

SmoothPancakes
07-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Just read some disappointing news. Pastapadre reports an issue with (online) dynasty regarding the coaching carousel: after expiration of a contract the user isn't allowed into the carousel for some odd reason if they choose to explore their other options rather than renewing their contract.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/07/18/ncaa-football-12-dynasty-problems-surface

I really hope that this doesn't happen 100% of the time to every user. If that's the case, I'm in trouble if ULM decides to keep me and I would like to explore the other options at the end of the season.

I've just fired up a random OD to test this out. This could be an issue for me as I'm doing a single player OD, and one of my job progression rules is that I must fulfill all years of each contract before I can consider leaving for a different job.

OptionMasta
07-18-2011, 04:47 PM
What do you mean by "job progression rules?" Is that when you get a contract and say you will not be offered another one until that contract expires?

I went through and left before the 3rd year of my contract and it doesn't seem like I was penalized at all for it. My prestige actually went up from something in the C range to B+.

SmoothPancakes
07-18-2011, 05:16 PM
What do you mean by "job progression rules?" Is that when you get a contract and say you will not be offered another one until that contract expires?

I went through and left before the 3rd year of my contract and it doesn't seem like I was penalized at all for it. My prestige actually went up from something in the C range to B+.

These are the rules that I'm forcing upon myself when it comes to job progression in my dynasty.

Job Progression Rules

Year One

Start dynasty as OC/DC at a one star prestige mid-major program.

--- Can be only OC or DC for first 6-7 years of dynasty.

Years Two and Three

May only move on to higher rated OC/DC jobs after full completion of first contract.

--- Next OC/DC job must be at another mid-major program, no more than three stars prestige.

Years Six and Seven

May only make jump to Head Coach after 6-7 years if going to a mid-major program.

--- Mid-major program must be three stars prestige or less.

------- May move onto four stars prestige or less mid-major programs after completion of first Head Coach contract.

--- OC/DC positions at major/AQ conference programs are now available, up to four stars.

------- May accept OC/DC at all programs up to five stars after three or more years as OC/DC at a major/AQ conference program.

---------- May accept OC/DC at all programs, including six star prestige, after five or more years at five stars prestige or less major/AQ conference programs.

Years Twelve and beyond

May only make jump to Head Coach of major programs after 5 years HC experience at mid-major.

--- May accept HC jobs at five star prestige programs or less.

------- May accept HC jobs at any programs, including six star prestige, after five or more years at five stars prestige or less major/AQ conference programs.

Contract Rules

Must honor contract years in full, except:

--- May leave via opt-out clause if offered a coaching contract from Navy (alma mater).

------- Includes all versions of contracts (OC, DC, and Head Coach).

I'm also starting to have some serious second thoughts about making my main dynasty, that I'm posting about in the Dynasty Reports forum, a single player online dynasty. I just went through the coaching carousel in this test OD I'm doing, and CC in online dynasty is extremely less fun than offline dynasty, as all the other jobs are already filled and coaches changed behind the scenes, and you're basically just sitting there accepting or declining whatever job offers teams are giving you as you are "On the Clock" the entire time in the OD coaching carousel. Nowhere near as fun as the offline dynasty CC.

SmoothPancakes
07-18-2011, 05:49 PM
Ok, I have no clue about this now. Unless it was fixed in the server side fixes and changes EA made that Dewiel posted about earlier, then apparently it just didn't happen to me. I chose to "Explore other options in the coaching carousel" instead of signing my new contract offer, and it brought up a window saying my coach was "On the clock" and I'm now currently going through the coaching carousel. So either this is a sporadic hit and miss issue with people and it doesn't affect everyone every time, or it was fixed by EA with their server side work and changes earlier today.

OptionMasta
07-19-2011, 12:39 AM
Ok, I have no clue about this now. Unless it was fixed in the server side fixes and changes EA made that Dewiel posted about earlier, then apparently it just didn't happen to me. I chose to "Explore other options in the coaching carousel" instead of signing my new contract offer, and it brought up a window saying my coach was "On the clock" and I'm now currently going through the coaching carousel. So either this is a sporadic hit and miss issue with people and it doesn't affect everyone every time, or it was fixed by EA with their server side work and changes earlier today.

When I loaded my OD today I got a message saying something I interpreted as EA saying this issue was fixed.

SmoothPancakes
07-19-2011, 07:03 AM
When I loaded my OD today I got a message saying something I interpreted as EA saying this issue was fixed.

Yeah, one of the EA guys, Dewiel I think his name was, posted yesterday on here about fixing something on the server side that was making it so dynasties couldn't advance. But he didn't specifically mention Coaching Carousel in his post, so I wasn't sure if the CC issue was included in that fix or not.

morsdraconis
07-19-2011, 07:09 AM
Man, I hope so. Makes the carousel not as fun for ODs...

SmoothPancakes
07-19-2011, 07:12 AM
Man, I hope so. Makes the carousel not as fun for ODs...

The carousel's already not as fun for ODs. Check out my dynasty thread in the Dynasty Recap section. I made a full post about my experience with the coaching carousel in an OD while running a test OD to check out this issue.

EDIT - For the sake of simplicity, I am editing that post from my Dynasty Recap thread into this post.

So I'm starting to have some serious buyer's remorse about making this an online dynasty instead of offline dynasty. :(

Besides the coaching carousel issue that Pastapadre wrote about (http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/07/18/ncaa-football-12-dynasty-problems-surface), I'm also discovering that coaching carousel actually sort of sucks in online dynasty. I'm currently simming a test OD as OC of Alabama to test out this contract and coaching carousel issue that PP wrote about, and I just went through the coaching carousel after the first season. CC in online dynasty seriously sucks bad. All the coaching changes, all the movement, by teams and coaches not involving you takes place all behind the scenes.

You basically go in and are "On the Clock" and just sit there accepting or declining offer after offer until there are no other teams interested in hiring you, and that's it. None of the suspense of teams maybe being interested in me. None of the mystery factor of what this team will do, or who that team will hire. Nothing. It's just sitting there accepting or declining a bunch of contract offers and that's it.

Considering this dynasty is about following the career of my coach, half the fun of this dynasty (besides trying to win with various teams and successfully complete contracts) is the coaching carousel and the complete unknown of what's going to happen and what job offer I might have next. Did I just turn down my best offer or is there a better one coming up later? In online dynasty CC, there is none of that. All you see are teams that are offering you a contract, and you can at least see the next team with an offer in line behind the team you're currently on. Which means you at least know for a fact if the next offer you are receiving is better or worse than the current one.

For me, that's not fun. That's boring, dull, time-wasting tasks. I don't want to sit there just declining offer after offer, know exactly what team is offering me a job next. I want to be sucked in to the full exciting, immersive, great unknown of coaching carousel.

As I am only three games into this dynasty, I am seriously considering starting over with an offline dynasty, and just replacing all the contract info, all the scores in my coach history, and all the game recap posts that I already made, with the new results from the offline dynasty, so the flow of everything will still be exactly like it is now, just it'll all be updated with the offline dynasty info, instead of having those three game posts sitting there and then starting over with new posts for each game.

I'm going to have to think about this tonight and decide what I want to do. If anyone has any opinions on what you think of everything and what I should do (stick it out with the suck ass coaching carousel setup in online dynasty, or start over in offline dynasty so I can experience the full fun and excitement of CC like it was meant to be in offline), let me know what your own thoughts are about all this.

OptionMasta
07-19-2011, 12:34 PM
The carousel's already not as fun for ODs. Check out my dynasty thread in the Dynasty Recap section. I made a full post about my experience with the coaching carousel in an OD while running a test OD to check out this issue.

This is also a bummer for me. I started my dynasty as an OD because then I can recruit on the computer and look at highlights on the web and things like that. Carousel not being the same for OD is a bummer. This, in addition to the longer wait times to advance is making me sort of wish I started this offline.

Also, does anyone know if there is a way to take your OD offline if you want to? Maybe I can do that.

SmoothPancakes
07-19-2011, 12:49 PM
This is also a bummer for me. I started my dynasty as an OD because then I can recruit on the computer and look at highlights on the web and things like that. Carousel not being the same for OD is a bummer. This, in addition to the longer wait times to advance is making me sort of wish I started this offline.

Also, does anyone know if there is a way to take your OD offline if you want to? Maybe I can do that.

I'm the exact same way. I wanted to do mine as an OD so I could take full advantage of the Dynasty Wire website, do my recruiting while sitting at work or something, etc. Those are the reasons I love doing a single player online dynasty. But if coaching carousel is going to be that bad in ODs, then there is no way I'm going to continue my flagship personal dynasty, especially one that I am taking the time to post about a bunch in the Dynasty Recap forum. I want/need the entire, full Coaching Carousel experience to full enjoy my personal dynasty.

And yeah, if there is a way to take it offline, I definitely want to know. It would certainly save me the hassle of replaying the games I already have played. Also, if we do take it offline (if we can), I am assuming, and would love to know for a fact, that the entire, proper Coaching Carousel will then play out for us at the end of each season, instead of a continuance of the OD's suck job Coaching Carousel.

PeteyKirch
07-19-2011, 01:41 PM
I do love the fact that when I simmed the first year just to see what happened, UConn fired Paul P after one season for going 1-11. I hate him from him Syracuse days so it was nice to see him get the axe a year into the new job.

Schreck13
07-19-2011, 04:22 PM
Havent tried it out yet because i have yet to start a dynasty! waiting patiently for Buck/Gator"s rosters. so it sounds like tonight I'm firing up the Miami dynasty with all custom conferences!

jaymo76
07-19-2011, 05:09 PM
Well I finished my third season and before carousel Syracuse offered me an extension. I looked at the goals and decided not to sign. For an OC they seemed pretty extreme. However, I didn't reject the proposal so I would keep that option open in carousel and see if anythnig better came. Well, this time I waited and waited and waited... nothing, not even interest. By the halfway point my Syracuse OC job came up and I formally declined... the job was given to Houston's OC and now Syracuse goes from I/Pistol custom to AIR RAID... since I had terrible receivers this will be a tough transition I suspect. However, I wait another 4-5 teams and finally I see my name... I'm up for the BUFFALO job. I figure it's mine and I am excited about the challenge... and then I find out the recently fired Jimbo Fisher was given the HC position. Then I get nothing for another 3-4 offers and then right out of the blue, totally off the radar, not a thought in my head... CAL has me in the running. Long story short, I am the underdog candidate and the job is given to me. I look at the goals for a three year contract... pretty good... so I sign on the line and take over the HC reigns for CAL.

Not that it does anything for the game but both of my coordinators are new: A 3-4 DC and an ARMY OPTION OC. I run a custom multiple book and a 4-3 but I digress. The real kicker for me though... I HATE CAL!!! I really do hate them. In 11 I was ASU and this was an awesome rivalry. It will be tough to actually use them now and go up against "my" team. Before I signed the cpu said I would not be able to sign any other offers for three years... why??? The only downside of signing with CAL... my ALMA MATER HC was fired and that job came up two teams after I signed. Oh well, Indiana, our paths will cross again one day.

volstopfan14
07-19-2011, 06:06 PM
I really like the addition of coaching carousel. However, I feel that there are some improvments that are needed next year. Some of those things are

Improved progression- Perhaps a max of one full letter grade per year?

Improved hiring logic-Head coaches at smaller schools who do well should be getting jobs at bigger schools. The mid to low level schools should be the ones hiring coordinators. Head coaches should not be taking coordinator jobs.

More ratings-recruiting, teaching, offense, defense, and special teams to name a few

Coordinators- There should be more of an emphasis on hiring a coordinator that mtches your scheme. For example, Paul Johnson would never hire Mike Leach as his OC. Also, the user should be able to hire/fire their coordinators if they are a HC.

I'd also like to see more cutscenes of the HC and coordintors and some more custimazation options. I really am glad it was put in, and I don't expect this all in the first year. Coaching carousel has the potential to be the best feature EVER. EA just needs to keep improving it.

PeteyKirch
07-19-2011, 07:30 PM
So far the biggest shock to me has been well Joe Pa retiring in 2013, and his replacement.....Miami's Mark D'Onofrio. I will say WVU has gone through 3 coaches in 3 years, it's hysterical.

jaymo76
07-19-2011, 07:34 PM
So far the biggest shock to me has been well Joe Pa retiring in 2013, and his replacement.....Miami's Mark D'Onofrio. I will say WVU has gone through 3 coaches in 3 years, it's hysterical.

That's interesting... Joe Pa retired in 2013 with my dynasty too. D'Onofrio was also in the running for the job but didn't get it.

SmoothPancakes
07-19-2011, 07:48 PM
That's interesting... Joe Pa retired in 2013 with my dynasty too. D'Onofrio was also in the running for the job but didn't get it.

I think Joe Pa is retiring in 2013 for everyone. He did in my test Online Dynasty, and did in my test offline Dynasty. I want to think one of the community day guys said there is a certain age limit that coaches will retire within a year or two of reaching. Regardless of what the actual number is, Joe Pa is WAAAY over that number. :D So he's pretty much done and gone in 2013 for everyone.

BoiseBronco
07-19-2011, 08:34 PM
[QUOTE=volstopfan14;87330]ICoordinators- There should be more of an emphasis on hiring a coordinator that mtches your scheme. For example, Paul Johnson would never hire Mike Leach as his OC. Also, the user should be able to hire/fire their coordinators if they are a HC.[QUOTE]

Oh, that stinks...we can't hire and fire our Coordinators if we're HC's??

That was one of the coolest things I thought (assumed) we'd be able to do!! Bums me out a bit.

morsdraconis
07-19-2011, 08:57 PM
When you are the HC, the coordinators seriously don't matter at all. The school runs what you decide if you are the HC, no matter what the coordinators do.

myk13
07-19-2011, 08:59 PM
Joe Pa retired after year 1 in my dynasty so 2011 was his last

BoiseBronco
07-19-2011, 08:59 PM
When you are the HC, the coordinators seriously don't matter at all. The school runs what you decide if you are the HC, no matter what the coordinators do.

Yes, but I thought that Coaches give the players certain "bonuses" and such. That's the reason I was thinking it would be cool and all. Maybe even to help with your Recruiting aspect seeing as you'd have a good Staff and all that.

OptionMasta
07-19-2011, 09:00 PM
WVU fired Holgorsen in my dynasty as well despite the fact that he had a ridiculous A+ prestige rating seemingly from the get-go.

jaymo76
07-20-2011, 12:18 PM
Mack Brown still has NOT been fired. He has an 18% approval rating and is below 500. This is his fourth and final year of the contract. He has had zero winning seasons, no bowls, etc. His apporval rating is now a D. Some coaches it appear just can't be fired. On a sidwenote, Paul Wulff of Washingotn St. was fired... WSU will now be running a flexbone... interesting...

SmoothPancakes
07-20-2011, 12:30 PM
Yeah, I think someone like Mack Brown would have to go 0-12 for about 5 straight years before Texas would actually fire him. :D

steelerfan
07-20-2011, 01:54 PM
I think Joe Pa is retiring in 2013 for everyone. He did in my test Online Dynasty, and did in my test offline Dynasty. I want to think one of the community day guys said there is a certain age limit that coaches will retire within a year or two of reaching. Regardless of what the actual number is, Joe Pa is WAAAY over that number. :D So he's pretty much done and gone in 2013 for everyone.

No. Paterno retired after the first season for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

JBHuskers
07-20-2011, 01:56 PM
In a couple of my many tests with this, there were some instances that Paterno stuck around for two years, and one instance where he stuck around three, but as you know the majority was one.

PeteyKirch
07-20-2011, 03:37 PM
Navy is now running the Air Raid with Norm Chow as HC. Talk about hilarious.

SmoothPancakes
07-20-2011, 03:56 PM

Blasphemy! :smh:

JBHuskers
07-20-2011, 04:04 PM

Are they actually running that offense too? I'm curious to see how that plays out.

jaymo76
07-20-2011, 05:42 PM
Are they actually running that offense too? I'm curious to see how that plays out.

I really don't know if the changes are as they should be. Washington St is now a flexbone option... they passed the ball 45 times and only ran for 32. I will need to watch a few more games to see if things are actually doing what they should.

PeteyKirch
07-20-2011, 05:57 PM

Yes they are running it, they went from about 45-50 carries a game to down to 10-15, and about 50 pass attempts. It's hysterically bad since this in 2013 and they have QBs with like 68 THP.

jaymo76
07-21-2011, 11:48 AM
There might be some problems with CC regarding coaches and their offensive/defensive styles. Last night I played against Syracuse (my old team). They are now an "AIR RAID" team yet they ran the ball 60% of the time and most sets had a FB/TE. HERE'S THE THING THOUGH... the load screen says they are AIR RAID because the NEW OC is AIR RAID. The head coach is PRO STYLE and cleary that was the game style. Following this up I started a game as Washington St. They are now an OPTION TEAM, or so I thought... on the load screen they are listed as PRO STYLE even though the HC is OPTION. So I checked it out and the OC is PRO style. However, this isn't always the case. For example, Washington's NEW HC is RUN AND SHOOT... and their offense is RUN and SHOOT. So the washington example works, why doesn't WSU and Syracuse???

Intrigued by this I decided to "change" some HC philosohpies. When I went to play the games, the offensive philosophy had not changed. Is this "broken" or is this a CPU safeguard where changes are not recognized during the season in order to not to break recruiting guides? I don't know the answer. Either way this is something to watch out for in your own dynasty. I encourage you to actually "play" teams with new philosophies and see if they have changed. My results thus far are a little dissheartening.

jaymo76
07-23-2011, 02:42 AM
Two other things that stand out:

1. National championship game Auburn defeated FRESNO St.???
2. I just recorded 14 sacks against WSU.... please EA, please tune DE sacks!!!

SmoothPancakes
07-23-2011, 02:47 AM
Two other things that stand out:

1. National championship game Auburn defeated FRESNO St.???
2. I just recorded 14 sacks against WSU.... please EA, please tune DE sacks!!!

I've seen worse. Year 3 of a fully simulated dynasty, UCF defeated Ohio (Bobcats) for the national championship.

souljahbill
07-23-2011, 04:00 AM
There might be some problems with CC regarding coaches and their offensive/defensive styles. Last night I played against Syracuse (my old team). They are now an "AIR RAID" team yet they ran the ball 60% of the time and most sets had a FB/TE. HERE'S THE THING THOUGH... the load screen says they are AIR RAID because the NEW OC is AIR RAID. The head coach is PRO STYLE and cleary that was the game style. Following this up I started a game as Washington St. They are now an OPTION TEAM, or so I thought... on the load screen they are listed as PRO STYLE even though the HC is OPTION. So I checked it out and the OC is PRO style. However, this isn't always the case. For example, Washington's NEW HC is RUN AND SHOOT... and their offense is RUN and SHOOT. So the washington example works, why doesn't WSU and Syracuse???

Intrigued by this I decided to "change" some HC philosohpies. When I went to play the games, the offensive philosophy had not changed. Is this "broken" or is this a CPU safeguard where changes are not recognized during the season in order to not to break recruiting guides? I don't know the answer. Either way this is something to watch out for in your own dynasty. I encourage you to actually "play" teams with new philosophies and see if they have changed. My results thus far are a little dissheartening.

Maybe the HC's offense/defense is really what determines the school's style of play.

oweb26
07-23-2011, 05:17 AM
I've seen worse. Year 3 of a fully simulated dynasty, UCF defeated Ohio (Bobcats) for the national championship.

Smooth I normally get quite a few DE sacks, but I have to ask are you sure your sliders arent affecting those numbers? I normally get around 5-8 in one game which is extremely high in itself. Do you have the agressive D-Line on?

SmoothPancakes
07-23-2011, 05:25 AM
Smooth I normally get quite a few DE sacks, but I have to ask are you sure your sliders arent affecting those numbers? I normally get around 5-8 in one game which is extremely high in itself. Do you have the agressive D-Line on?

I actually have no idea how many sacks I could get per game as I haven't played much defense in 12. I have been pretty much entirely in dynasty as Offensive Coordinator of Florida International, both in my offline dynasty and in the Xbox 360 Coach Mode OD.

As for the 4 games that I have played in my offline dynasty, these are the sacks numbers that I have recorded for both teams, both being sacked by the CPU, and number of sacks my CPU defense has achieved.

Opponent|FIU Sacks|Opponent Sacks
North Texas|1|4
Louisville|1|3
UCF|2|5
UL Lafayette|5|0

Now, I did have one game, I think against UCF, when I was originally doing my CC dynasty as an Online Dynasty before I switched to offline, where I was sacked 10 times by the UCF defense, including 6 times in the 4th quarter alone. But that was the only game that I saw sack numbers get that high.

jaymo76
07-25-2011, 11:00 AM
Interesting observation... I am 8-2 with Cal. Last night I was obliterated 31-19 by lowly Oregon St. It was 31-7 with with 3 mins to go and I got lucky with an onside and two td's (missed 2pts). Earlier in the season I laost in a blowout to USC. I have been non-stop tweaking my sliders to make the cpu more competitive. In these two games I lost the cpu run/pass game has been awesome. So what do the two losses have in common? Both losses have come against PRO STYLE...two games versus this style and two losses. Most teams I have played run SPREAD. It seems like other than PRO STYLE the cpu just can't compete...

ScubaSteve007
07-25-2011, 12:21 PM
I love the idea of the Coaching Carousel, but am a bit disappointed in the execution of it. I know the rapidly increasing coach prestige issue has be discussed before, but it's just crazy to see even user coaches gain prestige so quickly.

In my offline Dynasty as an OC, I started at Florida Atlantic and went 6-6 in year one. I was then hired by Texas Tech as the OC (I was still a D+ prestige) before year two. After the second season (I went 10-3 with TTU), I was offer the head coaching position at Wake Forest. Granted, WF is now a one-star school coming off a 3-9 season, but I am all the way up to a B+ prestige coach!

So from D to B+ in three years. I know people play with house rules to prevent rapid movement through the ranks, but that's just crazy to see how fast coaches progress.

OptionMasta
07-25-2011, 01:00 PM
I also think that coaches who fail regress pretty quickly as well. I don't have concrete evidence of this but looking at the coaches in my dynasty some of them had terrible prestige levels despite being at big schools. One bad season shouldn't make a coach's prestige lower by a ton either.

morsdraconis
07-25-2011, 01:03 PM
I also think that coaches who fail regress pretty quickly as well. I don't have concrete evidence of this but looking at the coaches in my dynasty some of them had terrible prestige levels despite being at big schools. One bad season shouldn't make a coach's prestige lower by a ton either.

If they have high expectations and they fail them all, I definitely think they should. No coach at a big school should have a pass for doing terrible. You're at a big school to win. If you don't, it's time to find someone who can.

PeteyKirch
07-25-2011, 01:30 PM
Simmed to 2014, and now things are getting interesting.

Jimbo Fisher was fired from FSU (Now the OC at FAU), same for Les Miles at LSU (Now the OC at UCLA), Brady Hoke at Michigan (Now DC at Western Michigan), Skip Holtz got canned at USF (Now the OC at ND). To me, the funniest thing being a Rutgers fan is that former RU QB Ryan Cubit is now the HC at FSU.

ScubaSteve007
07-25-2011, 03:38 PM

Season 2 in my Dynasty:

Nevada defeated Wisconsin for the Nat'l Championship.

ScubaSteve007
07-25-2011, 03:40 PM
If they have high expectations and they fail them all, I definitely think they should. No coach at a big school should have a pass for doing terrible. You're at a big school to win. If you don't, it's time to find someone who can.

This is interesting because I have heard elsewhere that Mack Brown went five losing seasons at Texas in someone's Dynasty before they finally gave him the ax. I would image that he ended his tenure for the Longhorns in the D range for prestige with the way coach progression/regression is in NCAA 12.

morsdraconis
07-25-2011, 03:49 PM
I remember seeing that as well, and I hope that isn't the case all of the time. I will say, BYU's Bronco Mendenhall is currently at 9% Job Security because they went like 2-10 or something their first season. Not sure if he'll get fired their second season, but it'll be interesting to see if he does.

jaymo76
07-25-2011, 04:07 PM
I remember seeing that as well, and I hope that isn't the case all of the time. I will say, BYU's Bronco Mendenhall is currently at 9% Job Security because they went like 2-10 or something their first season. Not sure if he'll get fired their second season, but it'll be interesting to see if he does.

In my dynasty Bronco was fired last year after three losing seasons. Currently Mack Brown is at 20% approval but every year he has been on the block and every year he has been saved. His contract expires at the end of this season. He could be in trouble... In other interesting news, Saban has had a bad year 5-5 currently and his job security has taken a beating.

jaymo76
07-26-2011, 10:09 AM
Finally happened last night... after Winning the Rose Bowl 13-7 versus Ohio St., I start CC... and after a 4 year record of 22-26, MACK BROWN (D) is fired from Texas. He gets hired in CC for the LAST job... and becomes the new OC of NORTH TEXAS. Talk about a fall from grace. Nick Saban with a 500 record is resigned. On an interesting note, the SEC is not the power conference, it's the BIG 12. Oklahoma and Oklahoma St are the premier programmes in my game. Stoops is 48-3 over four years!!!

Minor frustration with CC.... stupid job offers ~! I'm the head coach at CAL, why are you offering me OC positions in the WAC and Sun Belt???

SmoothPancakes
07-26-2011, 10:17 AM
Finally happened last night... after Winning the Rose Bowl 13-7 versus Ohio St., I start CC... and after a 4 year recrod of 22-26, MACK BROWN (D) is fired from Texas. He gets hired in CC for the LAST job... and becomes the new OC of NORTH TEXAS. Talk about a fall from grace. Nick Saban with a 500 record is resigned. On an interesting note, the SEC is not the power conference, it's the BIG 12. Oklahoma and Oklahoma St are the premier programmes in my game. Stoops is 48-3 over four years!!!

Minor frustration with CC.... stupid job offers ~! I'm the head coach at CAL, why are you offering my OC positions in the WAC and Sun Belt???

Well, at least Mack stayed in if not at Texas. :D

And I don't know, I don't mind the stupid job offers too much. A: It gives me that much more personal involvement in CC each offseason, and B: hey, stupid colleges overreach with "hope" offers to coaches even though they know the coach will never take it. Maybe not as stupid as offering the OC position of a Sun Belt school to the Cal head coach, but stupid job offers do happen.

jaymo76
07-26-2011, 11:04 AM
Oooh... forgot to mention my CAL defense was beastly (#1 in the nation). My two DT'S decided to go to the draft then seniors graduated... I have lost my starting 3CB's, my FS, my DE, RE, MLB,ROLB,LOLB... On defense only my Strong Safety is returning as a starter!!! I have NEVER seen that before. My team has went from an A- to a C ovr.

SmoothPancakes
07-26-2011, 11:59 AM
Ouch.

That is going to hurt next season.

psuexv
07-26-2011, 01:34 PM
I'm really enjoying the CC right now. Definitely improvements to be made but overall a really good base. I know a lot of people are complaining about a disconnect between the sides of the ball but when does a DC/OC actually get to watch the offense/defense. He's usually scheming with his other coaches or in the press box going through what will work on the next series.

OptionMasta
07-26-2011, 04:00 PM
A couple notes from my dynasty:

1. I coached ULM to the Orange Bowl and won in 2014. After this, I was offered the LSU job and accepted. Pitt is my alma mater but I didn't get offered that job, probably because Todd Graham has gotten up to A+ prestige and seems to be meeting his goals. This is kind of interesting to me. I am glad that there isn't some blanket rule that you'll get your alma mater job. I probably should have adjusted sliders after this year but chose not to in hopes the SEC would be stiffer competition (my Orange Bowl opponent wasn't really all that tough).

2. I then went undefeated with LSU in 2015. My opponent in the BCS Championship Game was Penn State. Interestingly, when I got into the game they had an old coach in a suit. I thought it might be Joe Paterno but since everybody here said he retired almost immediately I thought it could be somebody else. I went in and checked after the game and lo and behold it was Paterno. He's still got 2 more years on his contract, too.

3. I have encountered some sort of issue where I am losing trophies. I don't know why they weren't saved but I lost the Golden Boot trophy and the SEC championship trophy. This kind of bums me out because I really enjoy collecting these. I can't imagine I will be changing teams for a good long while so I suppose I will have chances to get them back, though!

jaymo76
07-26-2011, 06:58 PM
A couple notes from my dynasty:

1. I coached ULM to the Orange Bowl and won in 2014. After this, I was offered the LSU job and accepted. Pitt is my alma mater but I didn't get offered that job, probably because Todd Graham has gotten up to A+ prestige and seems to be meeting his goals. This is kind of interesting to me. I am glad that there isn't some blanket rule that you'll get your alma mater job. I probably should have adjusted sliders after this year but chose not to in hopes the SEC would be stiffer competition (my Orange Bowl opponent wasn't really all that tough).

2. I then went undefeated with LSU in 2015. My opponent in the BCS Championship Game was Penn State. Interestingly, when I got into the game they had an old coach in a suit. I thought it might be Joe Paterno but since everybody here said he retired almost immediately I thought it could be somebody else. I went in and checked after the game and lo and behold it was Paterno. He's still got 2 more years on his contract, too.

3. I have encountered some sort of issue where I am losing trophies. I don't know why they weren't saved but I lost the Golden Boot trophy and the SEC championship trophy. This kind of bums me out because I really enjoy collecting these. I can't imagine I will be changing teams for a good long while so I suppose I will have chances to get them back, though!

The ALMA MATER thing is very interesting. I "blew" my chance last year when I signed with CAL. Now the new INDIANA coach is doing decent and I don't see that job opening for the next little while anyways. Plus, after a ton of player losses I have a massive recruiting class (#9 overall plus I added TEXAS and CANADA as NEW pipelines). As a result I am starting season FIVE as #2 overall in the nation and an early favourite for the National Championship. I have to see where this will take me so for the next two years at least I am committed to CAL.

ScubaSteve007
07-26-2011, 09:01 PM
"3. I have encountered some sort of issue where I am losing trophies. I don't know why they weren't saved but I lost the Golden Boot trophy and the SEC championship trophy. This kind of bums me out because I really enjoy collecting these. I can't imagine I will be changing teams for a good long while so I suppose I will have chances to get them back, though!"

Make sure you save your profile...if you don't have autosave on, this could be the issue. If not, then it sounds like a glitch. Hope this helps.

OptionMasta
07-26-2011, 09:12 PM
"3. I have encountered some sort of issue where I am losing trophies. I don't know why they weren't saved but I lost the Golden Boot trophy and the SEC championship trophy. This kind of bums me out because I really enjoy collecting these. I can't imagine I will be changing teams for a good long while so I suppose I will have chances to get them back, though!"

Make sure you save your profile...if you don't have autosave on, this could be the issue. If not, then it sounds like a glitch. Hope this helps.

Yeah man that is exactly the issue. I don't have autosave on because it bogs everything down even worse than normal. My profile just didn't save I suppose. I'm going to be especially unhappy if I just lost all the player awards (I had a ton this season including the Heisman).

OptionMasta
07-26-2011, 09:32 PM
So after going back and checking to see if I still had my trophies, I lost a BCS National Title, Heisman, Returner of the Year, and 2 defensive trophies (DL of the year? Nagurski?). I also lost the SEC title trophy and the Golden Boot.

I decided to retire from the OD. I am going to create a new dynasty for offline play. I wasn't particularly fond of waiting so long to advance from week to week and what not and the primary reasons I started my single player dynasty online was to see the highlights which always seem to get corrupted and freeze anyway and to recruit online which also has stability issues for me. Also, now I will get to see the carousel in all its glory!

SmoothPancakes
07-26-2011, 09:57 PM
So after going back and checking to see if I still had my trophies, I lost a BCS National Title, Heisman, Returner of the Year, and 2 defensive trophies (DL of the year? Nagurski?). I also lost the SEC title trophy and the Golden Boot.

I decided to retire from the OD. I am going to create a new dynasty for offline play. I wasn't particularly fond of waiting so long to advance from week to week and what not and the primary reasons I started my single player dynasty online was to see the highlights which always seem to get corrupted and freeze anyway and to recruit online which also has stability issues for me. Also, now I will get to see the carousel in all its glory!

Yeah, recruiting has been a lot better this year, but I still ran into some stability issues that cost me hours and kept me from spending any time on 3-5 recruits in TGT Coach Mode OD. EA definitely still has work to do when it comes to web recruiting. As for me, I made the same decision with my FIU dynasty. I was only in week 3 when I found out how un-awesome the carousel was online as compared to offline, plus some other issues. So I just decided to ultimately make my flagship dynasty for 12 an offline dynasty.

buckeye02
07-26-2011, 10:36 PM
I started a dynasty where i began as DC for Memphis. Im not playing the game, just calling plays and watching. Went 3-9 in my first year. (improvement from 1-11) then went 5-7 the year after. Had a DT lead the nation in sacks. I decided to not jump ship on a better DC position just yet. I decided to play out my 3 year contract. So far ive been offered the DC at Kansas and the DC at UCLA in different seasons. I will complete all of my goals maybe except one. (win 8 games)

Still a D coach prestige.

OptionMasta
07-26-2011, 10:38 PM
I wish I would have done the same. I took me until 2016 to do that. The trophies being lost (which is admittedly my fault) and the highlights I couldn't upload time and time again really sticks in my craw. I like to have those things to remember the dynasty by. Still, though, a 5-6 year dynasty in that time frame isn't bad.

I decided to start as the OC of Army in my new one and just sim out the season. I'll start playing when I get the first HC job. The problems with super sim have turned me off from being a coordinator but I want the team I get to as a HC to be chance rather than my choosing.

buckeye02
07-26-2011, 10:41 PM
I wish I would have done the same. I took me until 2016 to do that. The trophies being lost (which is admittedly my fault) and the highlights I couldn't upload time and time again really sticks in my craw. I like to have those things to remember the dynasty by. Still, though, a 5-6 year dynasty in that time frame isn't bad.

I decided to start as the OC of Army in my new one and just sim out the season. I'll start playing when I get the first HC job. The problems with super sim have turned me off from being a coordinator but I want the team I get to as a HC to be chance rather than my choosing.

I know what you mean. My offense is absolute dreadful, and my kicker (80 overall) missed 1-4 FG (2 were inside 30 yards) and an XP in the same game.

OptionMasta
07-26-2011, 11:37 PM
Missed XP (and I'm assuming make-able FG as well) have been a problem with Super Sim for years too. I used that feature heavily last year because playing defense was a bore. This year I love playing both sides. I might get more out of playing defense than I do offense at this point. It's a shame these minor issues can't be fixed each year because I am sure the developers knew about it.

Dr Death
07-27-2011, 04:58 AM
I love CC, I just wish we could hit Watch Game when we're not playing and not have to hit the RB button every play. I just finished my first season as OC at :Idaho: and my offense was #1 in passing... :D #120 in rushing... and #1 overall.

I had some Head Coaching offers from :FAU: and OC offers from :Baylor: and :Arkansas_State: as well as a HC offer at :Western_Kentucky: but I turned them all down. My team is coming along just fine and I am hoping my HC leaves and I can take over! :D

I am also super pleased in my dynasty that :Texas_Tech: is 4-10 in two years and Tommy Tuberville has a rating of 44% job security. Serves those fuckers right for fucking over Mike Leach!!! Now... if only Tech would suck that bad in real life... :D

jaymo76
07-27-2011, 06:47 PM
It is becoming clearer and clearer that the BIG 12 is the power conference in this game year. OKLAHOMA (STOOPS) is now 58-3 with three N.C.'s Oklahoma St has 1 N.C. but is in the top 10 every year. Kansas is a huge top 15 power now. The SEC has done little other than AUBURN with one N.C. (over Fresno St.) and ALABAMA and FLORIDA are pretty bad (.500 teams). Other than USC the PAC 12 is pretty average but since Washington has gone to RUN AND SHOOT they have greatly improved.

Other unique observations:

Washington St has lost 21 straight games (as an option team)
OHIO (under Casteel) is now ranked in the 20-25 range iand has started to bring in great recruiting classes
BOISE St really struggles in the MWC...
OKLAHOMA is undefeated at home in the last 61 games!!!
Ohio St is a 99 ovr in year FIVE of dynasty yet they just lost at home to Toledo!?!?
Just played Arizona St... where is the balance 48 passes and 5 runs???

PeteyKirch
07-28-2011, 07:39 AM
It is becoming clearer and clearer that the BIG 12 is the power conference in this game year. OKLAHOMA (STOOPS) is now 58-3 with three N.C.'s Oklahoma St has 1 N.C. but is in the top 10 every year. Kansas is a huge top 15 power now. The SEC has done little other than AUBURN with one N.C. (over Fresno St.) and ALABAMA and FLORIDA are pretty bad (.500 teams). Other than USC the PAC 12 is pretty average but since Washington has gone to RUN AND SHOOT they have greatly improved.

Other unique observations:

Washington St has lost 21 straight games (as an option team)
OHIO (under Casteel) is now ranked in the 20-25 range iand has started to bring in great recruiting classes
BOISE St really struggles in the MWC...
OKLAHOMA is undefeated at home in the last 61 games!!!
Ohio St is a 99 ovr in year FIVE of dynasty yet they just lost at home to Toledo!?!?
Just played Arizona St... where is the balance 48 passes and 5 runs???

I find it funny that the Big12 is the power conference in your game, I've simmed ahead 4 years and the Title Game never featured a Big 12 team, but has featured some unlikely choices, mainly NC State and UCF.

buickbeast
07-28-2011, 10:16 AM
I'm loving CC! This feature allows me to see all the different conferences, experience the intense rivalries, and strategize against the different coaches and their playbooks. So far in year 6 of my off-line dynasty:
-Bama has won the last 2 NCs. Before that, OK won the first and in the forth year.
-Troy and UCF have scooped up some great recruiting classes and both have been in the Top 25 after year two.

jaymo76
07-29-2011, 12:57 PM
What is the most fun for me is watching programmes change. Washington is now #7. They have for the last two seasons developed a RUN AND SHOOT offense and are recruting accordingly. Also, Ohio under Casteel's leadership and becoming a non BCS powerhouse. To the same extent you can see how many "legends" have come crashing down (eg Mack Brown, etc.). Now I see Mark Dantonio is on the job axe watch. One thing I will be interested to see is if these "great" coaches ever get a chance again.

jaymo76
07-31-2011, 08:39 PM
One issue that is becoming a little concerning for me at this point... cpu progression increases are way out of whack. The avg player will progress 5-6 points per off season. My starting QB is now a 97 and his backup is 96 (maybe 30 snaps over two seasons). The issues can be fixed by having player editing but hopfeully this can be tuned as the players are just progressing too much too fast.

hitman625
08-01-2011, 07:16 PM
One issue that is becoming a little concerning for me at this point... cpu progression increases are way out of whack. The avg player will progress 5-6 points per off season. My starting QB is now a 97 and his backup is 96 (maybe 30 snaps over two seasons). The issues can be fixed by having player editing but hopfeully this can be tuned as the players are just progressing too much too fast.

This is becoming more of an issue that recruits coming in w/ those wacky height/weight differences. I just played against UNC with a 99 jr(rs) Qb and a 96 sr Qb. this has to be addressed. I think player progression should be affected by performance, coach prestige, and athletic facilities or some variation of it. I know I can go in and edit ratings, but with having multiple dynasties it would be too time consuming.

jaymo76
08-02-2011, 12:14 AM
This is becoming more of an issue that recruits coming in w/ those wacky height/weight differences. I just played against UNC with a 99 jr(rs) Qb and a 96 sr Qb. this has to be addressed. I think player progression should be affected by performance, coach prestige, and athletic facilities or some variation of it. I know I can go in and edit ratings, but with having multiple dynasties it would be too time consuming.

Yup, I am a big beleiver in performance based progression. If you don't hit the field and get the reps you should not progress as quickly.

ScubaSteve007
08-02-2011, 12:18 PM
Came across an interesting nugget last night...I just advanced to the bowl weeks in my Dynasty's third season. Most bowls seem to make sense, except for the BCS National Championship game. It features:

:Oregon: vs. :Oregon_State:

Both teams are in the Pac-12's northern division.

I didn't look at the schedules for each team, but I seem to remember both schools had one loss. I just find it funny that one of those teams didn't even make it to the Pac-12 conference championship game, but is playing for the NC.

ScubaSteve007
08-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Ok, so I just wanted to point out some other details of my Oregon vs. Oregon State national championship game.

Both Coaches and Media polls have Oregon (12-1 record) has the No. 1 team in the nation. They beat No. 18 Arizona in the Pac 12 championship, beat Oregon State the week before 30-27, and took over the No. 1 spot due to an Alabama loss in the SEC title game vs. No. 11 Georgia.

Additionally, the Coaches poll has 11-1 Oregon State as No. 2 and the Media poll has 11-1 Boise State as No. 2. Oregon State received zero first place votes in either poll - Boise had 11 in the Coaches and 20 in the Media.

The BCS has Oregon State and Boise State both 'tied' at No. 2 with .992 points. To me, it looks like the difference is that Oregon State went to No. 17 Oklahoma in week one and won 35-17, while Boise's only win vs. a ranked opponent was over No. 7 Nevada at home in a conference game, 51-35. All of Boise's nonconference games were against teams with .500 records or worse. Interestingly enough, Oregon's only loss during the year was a nonconference game against Nevada in Reno.

Also, while Oregon State's only loss was at the hands of No. 1 Oregon, Boise's only loss was against Colorado State. That also played a role, I imagine.

And lastly, no teams finished undefeated. Several other one-loss teams missed opportunities as well. As I mentioned, Alabama's only loss was in the SEC title game and knocked them down to No. 6. NC State also finished with one loss, at the hands of Wake Forest (the team I control as Head Coach :cool:). NC State managed to win out, defeating Virginia Tech in the ACC championship, but finished at No. 5 in the BCS.

I just wanted to post this info since two conference teams playing each other in the NC is rare, but two teams in the same DIVISION in a conference is unheard of. It's a very interesting scenario.

jaymo76
08-03-2011, 02:25 AM
Dumb, just dumb. I just watched the PAC 12 CHAMPIONSHIP GAME (UW vs UCLA). I don't like how the PAC 12 puts the conference championship game at the school with the best record... SO... this past off season I moved the game to INVESCO FIELD (Denver). WTF??? The field art isn't neutral, it has the Colorado vs Colorado St info on it. Why??? What is the point of being able to move conference championship games if the field art stays the same???

hitman625
08-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Dumb, just dumb. I just watched the PAC 12 CHAMPIONSHIP GAME (UW vs UCLA). I don't like how the PAC 12 puts the conference championship game at the school with the best record... SO... this past off season I moved the game to INVESCO FIELD (Denver). WTF??? The field art isn't neutral, it has the Colorado vs Colorado St info on it. Why??? What is the point of being able to move conference championship games if the field art stays the same???

I noticed this as well, when I moved the C-USA championship game to the "Red River Shootout" stadium(don't know the name), I wanted to quit when I saw the texas-ou field art for a Rice-Houston matchup. How hard would it have been to change up the field art or just remove it.

jaymo76
08-04-2011, 12:38 PM
This should be interesting: Arizona St after going 3-9 the past TWO years FIRED Dennis Erikson. What's really interesting is that their HC hire is an OPTION OC. So ASU is going from AIR RAID to OPTION. Talk about a huge shift in philosophy. What's also really interesting is that Washington St is also an OPTION team so the PAC 12 will have:

2 option teams
1 run and shoot
1 one back
4 pro
3 spread
1 multiple (me)

cdj
08-04-2011, 12:43 PM

I noticed this as well, when I moved the C-USA championship game to the "Red River Shootout" stadium(don't know the name), I wanted to quit when I saw the texas-ou field art for a Rice-Houston matchup. How hard would it have been to change up the field art or just remove it.

I agree, the lack of dynamic logos on stadium signage & uniforms hurts when switching conferences, etc. but I think they would have to do considerable rework to get that in there. It may not be that difficult since they already have the dynamic conference logos for field art, but at the least it would probably be time-consuming to do it for all the stadiums and/or uniforms. It's a worthy item to note and discuss though. I'm all for details and it would be pretty cool to have.

hitman625
08-04-2011, 12:53 PM
I agree, the lack of dynamic logos on stadium signage & uniforms hurts when switching conferences

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they have a bunch of generic stadiums for use on TeamBuilder? Why can't we use those stadiums for conference championship games...the only field art they have to edit would be for teams playing in the championship game(which they are able to do in bowl games). That or let us create some stadiums(which takes me on a completely different tangent).

griffin2608
08-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Came across an interesting nugget last night...I just advanced to the bowl weeks in my Dynasty's third season. Most bowls seem to make sense, except for the BCS National Championship game. It features:

:Oregon: vs. :Oregon_State:

Both teams are in the Pac-12's northern division.

I didn't look at the schedules for each team, but I seem to remember both schools had one loss. I just find it funny that one of those teams didn't even make it to the Pac-12 conference championship game, but is playing for the NC.

Had the same thing happen in my dynasty Washington with one loss played arizona for the PAC 12 title. Washington won then played USC for the BCS national with 2 losses and didn't even play for the conference title. Very frustrating.

jaymo76
08-04-2011, 01:24 PM
I agree, the lack of dynamic logos on stadium signage & uniforms hurts when switching conferences, etc. but I think they would have to do considerable rework to get that in there. It may not be that difficult since they already have the dynamic conference logos for field art, but at the least it would probably be time-consuming to do it for all the stadiums and/or uniforms. It's a worthy item to note and discuss though. I'm all for details and it would be pretty cool to have.

I would be totally okay if the FIELD surface was blank (no logos, writing, etc). That may be a fair compromise???

ScubaSteve007
08-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Had the same thing happen in my dynasty Washington with one loss played arizona for the PAC 12 title. Washington won then played USC for the BCS national with 2 losses and didn't even play for the conference title. Very frustrating.

I agree it's messed up, but after I dug into the teams' schedules, nonconference games, losses, etc., it made a bit more sense. The part that bothers me the most is that Oregon State didn't get any 1st place votes in either poll, yet still managed to somehow be ranked No. 2 over Boise, who had the exact same BCS score and at least 11 first place votes in both polls.

jaymo76
08-05-2011, 05:16 PM
As I start season SIX, two things stand out to me that are a concern.

1. FB's... I created 74ovr and 77ovr Fullbacks to make the pool better and they enter recruiting as 1ovr star. Clearly this is broken!

2. Team/player progression is out of control... it's way, way too fast, just like last year before the patch. I did a count of the 120 programmes by star rating as I start season six.

A+ 5 (3 OF WHICH ARE 99 OVR)
A 11
A- 8
B+ 27
B 13
B- 21
C+ 11
C 13
C- 7
D+ 3

For the 2nd straight year I have a 99 ovr starting QB (last year's backup). My kickers are 96 and 93 respectively and I have 7 or 8 other players who are in the 90's... I'm CAL so you know that just aint right :)

SmoothPancakes
08-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Yeah, that's a bit concerning. I had a transfer come over from Miami (FL) during the offseason at the end of year 1 in my FIU dynasty, Storm Johnson, one of Miami's HBs. Transferring over as a Sophomore, he got a 4 point bump in training, so he's rated 88 overall now.

He'll be at least low 90s by next year as a redshirt Junior after sitting out this year and is finally available to be used on my roster. So he could potentially make it up to 99 overall or very close to it by the time he hits his senior season for me.

oweb26
08-06-2011, 02:53 PM
So I am sure this has to have been mentioned, I am going to use spoiler tags because some people in my OD thought it was a bit questionable but.......

If you decline a job offer, others will come up. I am not sure how often you can decline before you run out of jobs but it does happen

jaymo76
08-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Might be another issue I found. In my sixth season I am looking at my schedule and realised somethnig was off. All my division games are played in geographic order.

Eg

vs. Washington
@ Washington St.
vs Oregon
@ Oregon St.
etc.

I hope this is just a glitch this season because I find it really annoying...???...

OptionMasta
08-13-2011, 09:47 AM
So I am sure this has to have been mentioned, I am going to use spoiler tags because some people in my OD thought it was a bit questionable but.......

If you decline a job offer, others will come up. I am not sure how often you can decline before you run out of jobs but it does happen

What exactly are you talking about? The whole point of coaching carousel is that you can decline a job offer and wait for a better one, or suffer the consequences of doing so. Are you trying to describe something different?

jaymo76
08-16-2011, 07:49 PM
Dumb, dumb, dumb... that's all I can say. I finish my sixth year and win the N.C. for the first time in NCAA 12. This corresponds with the end of my second contract. Here are the facts...

I start as an OC at Syracuse and am rated an A
I go to Cal and am rated an A+
RECORD AT CAL~ 39-4 (42ND MOST WINS IN NCAA AT THIS POINT)
Win 2 PAC 12 championships and one N.C.
meet 14 goals and only fail 1
HAVE 100% APPROVAL RATING
This is CAL's first N.C. since 1937...

... and what type of contract am I awarded with...

A TWO YEAR DEAL (AND BACK TO 57% APPROVAL) with rigorous goals like make it to "a bowl game" and "have a top 75 recruiting class." My expectations should be way higher and my approval should be way higher and most importantly, my contract offer should be way longer. This needs serious tuning for NCAA 13.

SmoothPancakes
08-17-2011, 05:27 AM
Agreed. Just like my contract right now at FIU. One of my goals, is 500+ rushing yards each season. The worst rushing team in NCAA last season in real life, Bowling Green, had 754 yards rushing. I would have to average 41 yard rushing per game just to fail that goal. Same thing with the Total Offensive yards. I need to get 2000+ each season. New Mexico had the worst offense last year, and one of the worst teams, and they still managed 3,188 yards of total offense. I had to get 7 passing touchdowns in one season (completed it early in my first season), the lowest ranked team in 2010, was Army with 7 TDs. Same thing with 10+ points per game each season. The worst scoring offense in 2010 was Buffalo with 14.2 PPG.

Overall, they just drastically have to bump up these goals. They are WAY too easy when it comes to stats goals. You have to pretty much intentionally fail them just to fail them. Either that, or put in the option in the coach options menu or somewhere in the dynasty menu. Easy goals, tough (medium) goals, or hard goals. So the people who want extremely easy and guaranteed to pass goals can have them, those of us who want challenging goals that we'll have a hard time and a greater risk of failing can have them.

They also need to start tailoring goals to each team, like you said, based on the results of say the last 2-3 seasons, and what was done, you approval rating, etc. If you just won the national championship, your new contract should be winning the conference championship at least one year, making at least a BCS bowl game at least one year, having a top 10 or 25 recruiting class, finish each season in the BCS top 25 (or 35 or 50), finish 3rd or better in the conference each season, stuff like that. If you win the national championship, your new contract should have very to extremely high expectations.

And I agree with the approval ratings. Christ Peterson is 100% approval rating right now at Boise State. No way in hell should he drop below 100% after the end of next season when his 3 year contract expires. I don't care if he's getting a new contract, whatever your approval rating is at the completion of a contract, it should stay there if you sign a new contract with that same team. No coach is going to have his approval rating in real life drop from 100% to 50-something% just because he signed a new contract. It's ludicrous.

Granted, this is the first year of coaching carousel, so I am optimistic that they are going to add even more potential goals to appear on contracts, as well as toughen up goals and make them harder, for NCAA 13. This year was a great start, it just needs some work to make it even better.

kywildcat
08-17-2011, 04:58 PM
The only thing about CC that I'm confused about is the Carousel at the end of the year. Is there a way to see all of your offers before you decline to renew with your current school. I was head coach at 1* Iowa State (i think it was 2013 or 2014 because ISU doesn't start with 1*) and had a decent year like 7-5 or 8-4 I finished almost all my goals I think the only one i missed was finish top 3 in the conference but it only had 1< so it didn't hurt me at all. ISU offered to renew my contract but I like to play with different teams so I wanted to see who else would offer me a HC contract and after declining to renew I was only offered OC/DC jobs. Is there any way to see teams interested in me before I decline because the unexpected job offers didn't have any until I declined to renew.

oweb26
08-17-2011, 06:17 PM
Once they offer you an extension there should be an option that says view other contracts and from there you should be able to see other offers before accepting any new ones.

jaymo76
08-22-2011, 08:02 PM
Well, that confirms it... second season in a row and the schedule is created based on GEOGRAPHY. (Eg at week 2. vs Oregon week 3 at Oregon St. week 4 at Washington week 5 vs Washington St. This seems minor but the non-random aspect of the scedule takes a lot of fun out of this game.

JeffHCross
08-22-2011, 08:11 PM
Well, that confirms it... second season in a row and the schedule is created based on GEOGRAPHY. (Eg at week 2. vs Oregon week 3 at Oregon St. week 4 at Washington week 5 vs Washington St.I actually think that might be a straight fluke. I went into Years 3 and 4 in a Pac-12 schedule and didn't notice any kind of pattern like that. Though I may have overlooked it.

jaymo76
10-30-2011, 12:30 AM
I actually think that might be a straight fluke. I went into Years 3 and 4 in a Pac-12 schedule and didn't notice any kind of pattern like that. Though I may have overlooked it.

Just an update but as I start my fourth year in the PAC 12, every division game has been based on GEOGRAPHY.

THE PATTERN PRETTY MUCH PLAYS OUT THE SAME EACH YEAR with regards to ARIZONA TEAMS, OREGON TEAMS, and WASHINGTON TEAMS. The only thing that really changes is the location.

at ASU
vs Arizona
at Oregon
vs Oregon State
at Washington State
vs Washington

I am playing as CAL and I have not heard this reported by anyone else so maybe it's just my copy. However, I really hope this issue will not effect NCAA 13.

Blackman
01-07-2012, 01:16 PM
How about better offers. I spent 15 years as an offensive coordinator for penn state (I only simulate games) and entered the coaching carousel every year. my best offers if i can recall for head coach were rutgers, army, syracuse, and thats it. every other team that offered me sucks. I would have stayed at penn state, but Tom Bradley wouldn't retire, (until i left lol). I had no major offers after i went to the carousel and had to settle with san jose state, who to my luck had a 93 overall HB in which we went 10-3 betting 4 ranked teams including Penn State who was number 1. (miracle). Even after that i didn't have a single good offer beside offensive coordinator jobs. Now I won 4 national championships 2 rose bowls an orange bowl and 5 other bowl games as well as 5 conference championships in big 10 and 1 in the wac as a head coach, maintaining a A+ coaching prestige. So why do I get passed up on all these jobs? it angers me greatly seeing I have to either take a job at ECU or go back to San Jose State!!! I think I deserve a chance to coach at least a boston college or virginia.

sl8b
01-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Agreed. Just like my contract right now at FIU. One of my goals, is 500+ rushing yards each season. The worst rushing team in NCAA last season in real life, Bowling Green, had 754 yards rushing. I would have to average 41 yard rushing per game just to fail that goal. Same thing with the Total Offensive yards. I need to get 2000+ each season. New Mexico had the worst offense last year, and one of the worst teams, and they still managed 3,188 yards of total offense. I had to get 7 passing touchdowns in one season (completed it early in my first season), the lowest ranked team in 2010, was Army with 7 TDs. Same thing with 10+ points per game each season. The worst scoring offense in 2010 was Buffalo with 14.2 PPG.

I just figured it was based on EA assuming everyone plays 5 (or less) minute quarters. IMO, those types of goals should be based on how many minutes the games are whenever it "makes the decision" for goals.

illwill10
01-07-2012, 03:02 PM
I like it
BUT, I think there are way too many A prestige coaches. I want to see the Grades spread out more. Especially at the non-AQ. I dont see them coaches leaving because the bigger schools keep their coaches