PDA

View Full Version : What did your first custom pb look like?

johntom2000
07-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Since the game is out now. Which way did you go with your custom playbook? Did you go with what you had down on paper? or Did you change it up when you started to look around in the game?

As for me, After playing with ASU and looking at their playbook. I had to take lot of their formations and put in my playbook. Which reminds me to go and start from the bottom and use there playbooks as my base.

Discuss!

jaymo76
07-13-2011, 12:32 PM
Started with Ohio St and created the "MULTI I PISTOL." i, pistol, split, and ace with aheavy dose of FB formations.

mrh61988
07-13-2011, 01:03 PM
I started with the Virginia Tech offense, I trimmed down the shotgun formations a little bit, and then added some heavy formations like "Maryland I". Oh and to throw people off online I added a touch of flexbone.

FoleyLions
07-13-2011, 01:30 PM
Created a Spread Option playbook that was all 4 wide from the gun and pistol. Then re-did the Auburn playbook. and now working on a pro style book.

PDuncanOSU
07-13-2011, 02:13 PM
Created a Spread Option playbook that was all 4 wide from the gun and pistol. Then re-did the Auburn playbook. and now working on a pro style book.

My playbook is looking a lot like your Spread Option playbook. I have 3 or 4 receiver pistol formations and 3 or 4 reciever shotgun formations with the HB flexed. I've also added wildcat spread, gator heavy, and a 3 TE/1 WR/1 HB formation for when I want to mix things up or run out the clock.

souljahbill
07-13-2011, 03:40 PM
All Pistol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solidice
07-13-2011, 04:02 PM
I started with Texas Tech's, although most of the formations I used weren't from them.

Ace - Big (10 runs, 8 passes)
Ace - Normal (6 runs, 9 passes)
Ace - Y-Trips (6 runs, 9 passes)
I Form - Normal (10 runs, 8 passes)
I Form - Slot Flex (4 runs, 5 passes)
Pistol - Full House (4 runs, 5 passes)
Pistol - Train (9 runs, 6 passes)
Shotgun - 4WR Trey (3 runs, 6 passes)
Shotgun - 4WR Trio (6 runs, 18 passes)
Shotgun - 4WR Trio Str (5 runs, 13 passes)
Shotgun - Ace (7 runs, 8 passes)
Shotgun - Normal (10 runs, 17 passes)
Shotgun - Normal Flex Wing (10 runs, 8 passes)
Shotgun - Normal Y-Flex (5 runs, 16 passes)
Shotgun - Slot F Wing (7 runs, 11 passes)
Shotgun - Split Offset (10 runs, 11 passes)
Shotgun - Spread Flex (5 runs, 19 passes)
Shotgun - Wildcat (5 runs, 1 pass)
Shotgun - Wildcat Spread (4 runs, 2 passes)
Shotgun - Wing Offset (11 runs, 7 passes)
Shotgun - Wing Offset Wk (7 runs, 5 passes)
Shotgun - Wild Raider

still mostly using the "Air Raid" type passing system, but able to get a great running game going from any formation to change the pace.

tbone1018
07-13-2011, 04:08 PM
I created an air raid playbook, but with a few pistol formations mixed in. However, is anyone else having trouble loading their custom playbook? My PS3 keeps freezing as soon as I try to back out of the "load successful" screen.

AustinWolv
07-13-2011, 04:12 PM
I should have planned it out earlier, but kept putting it off. Thus, I put one together last night to just fool around in the mode, but ended up deleting it. Time to put some serious thought into it.

Something with lots of I, Ace, some Strong I, shotgun, and perhaps some Weak I.

gschwendt
07-13-2011, 04:28 PM
My current one that I'm experimenting with is called Power Option Spread... basically a mix of Shotgun & Pistol formations (and a sprinkling of under-center) with a heavy dose of option. I started with Louisville as the base for the playbook so I could have their Wild Card formation.

Oneback
07-13-2011, 04:53 PM
My current playbook is labeled "Modern Pro" it has 28 formations and 374 plays. It's got a good mix of undercenter and shotgun formations.

Mario8267
07-13-2011, 06:49 PM
I'm using ASU's base playbook with some added shotgun and ace formations. Go Devils!!!!!

Buckwild58
07-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Started with Ohio St. Kept a handfull of their shotgun formations, got rid of the pistol, added 2 forms of the strong and weak formation, and quite a few Ace formations...

johntom2000
07-14-2011, 08:56 AM
I'm using ASU's base playbook with some added shotgun and ace formations. Go Devils!!!!!

ya, that who I started off with after playing around with them in a Play Now game. I really like their playbook. I will post my soon since I made some changes to it.

strattjw
07-14-2011, 10:06 AM
I started with Miss State so I could get their goalline formation. Then I removed all the shotgun formations except Gator Heavy. I added all the non-flex three back sets (Fullhouse, Maryland I, Power I, Wishbone) and some of the Flexbone sets like Normal, Tight, Tackle Over. I rounded out the playbook with a few Ace Jumbo sets and two back Pistol sets (Full House, Train, and the 3WR 2HB pistol set.) I call it the Power Option Attack.

My second playbook was a re-creation of last years Syracuse playbook with a few more additions to get some more 2TE I sets and Tackle Over.

Mario8267
07-15-2011, 12:49 AM
Try Shotgun: double flex and Tight..... They have some great passing plays in these sets. :)

Cipher 8
07-15-2011, 02:38 AM
I started with Miss State so I could get their goalline formation.

Same here. I like their wishbone goalline formation. From there I added my favorite Shotgun Formations (for when I need to pass from behind or 3rd and long) a bunch of Ace and I-Form, a few Weak I and Strong I formations and Power I and Maryland I. I also added in some Pistol but not too much. I got all the Tackle Over formations though (from I to the Flexbone one). Overall I'de say it's a run focused playbook but I do have all my favorite passing plays if I need them so I like to call it 'Multiple Run Balanced', since there is a lot of different looks. 40/40 Formations & 370/370 Plays