PDA

View Full Version : BestBuy - Better Value for Trading in Used Games

ram29jackson
07-12-2011, 10:08 PM
I went to best buy and traded in 3 next gen games- one and 2 years old and got $9.00 back for it towards NCAA 12..not bad...it takes forever with how they process for security reasons though haha

bdoughty
07-12-2011, 10:25 PM
I trade in all my games at Sam's in bulk.

OptionMasta
07-12-2011, 11:39 PM
I got a good deal at Gamestop. I traded in NCAA 11, Madden 11, NHL 11, and Black Ops and I got $80 in-store credit, thus making NCAA 12 free.

ram29jackson
07-12-2011, 11:49 PM
I got a good deal at Gamestop. I traded in NCAA 11, Madden 11, NHL 11, and Black Ops and I got $80 in-store credit, thus making NCAA 12 free.

how much per item ??? LOL sounds a little bogus duuude :)

OptionMasta
07-13-2011, 12:21 AM
I didn't ask, I just took the deal. It was an extra 25% per item because the value was being applied to NCAA.

skipwondah33
07-13-2011, 09:59 AM
how much per item ??? LOL sounds a little bogus duuude :)

I traded in Call of Duty: Black Ops, NBA2K11 and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Episodes

With those trade ins I got NCAA 12 and reserved MW3 for $5.

Gamestop has a promotion going where you get an extra $10 when you trade in 3 games valued over more than $2. You get an extra 40% per game when you put the trade in credits towards NCAA 12 or Madden 12 I believe. Then if you reserve one of their highly anticipated games you get an additional 15 or 25% towards the trade ins or something like that.

Black Ops trade in was $23 without the promo
NBA 2K trade in was $13 without the promo
GTA tradie in was $3 without the promo

Like I said in the end only had to play $5 and that essentially was for the reservation of MW3. My total without the reservation was $7.82

psuexv
07-14-2011, 01:19 PM
Amazon Trade in is usually the way to go. GameStop was doing $10 for NCAA 11 and Amazon was around $13

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2011, 01:21 PM
Amazon Trade in is usually the way to go. GameStop was doing $10 for NCAA 11 and Amazon was around $13

Agreed. I got $25 from Amazon trading in NCAA 11 and Madden 11. I would have only received $18 from Gamestop.

skipwondah33
07-14-2011, 02:27 PM

I'm a little skeptical about their trade-in policy. I've used it in the past but it was always a shot in the dark if I'd get my credit or they would just keep my game. The last time I traded games in it took nearly a month to get my credit. Didn't think I was going to get it. I keep my games in pristine condition, always have but their 3rd party's policy is if the game doesn't meet "their" standards then you will not get a credit AND they will not return your game.

psuexv
07-14-2011, 02:59 PM
I'm a little skeptical about their trade-in policy. I've used it in the past but it was always a shot in the dark if I'd get my credit or they would just keep my game. The last time I traded games in it took nearly a month to get my credit. Didn't think I was going to get it. I keep my games in pristine condition, always have but their 3rd party's policy is if the game doesn't meet "their" standards then you will not get a credit AND they will not return your game.

Oh, this is the 1st game I've traded in and it worked well. It took about 2 weeks to get my credit, week and a half maybe. But there was a statement that if it wasn't in the condition I said that A) not return to me and they would credit me a lesser amount or B) return to me.

skipwondah33
07-14-2011, 03:03 PM
Oh, this is the 1st game I've traded in and it worked well. It took about 2 weeks to get my credit, week and a half maybe. But there was a statement that if it wasn't in the condition I said that A) not return to me and they would credit me a lesser amount or B) return to me.
It must have recently changed then. I traded in Tiger Wood 11 and Guitar Hero back when TW12 was getting ready to come out and their policy was what I posted above. I was scared to send mine in because of the stories I heard from people not getting their games back even with them in acceptable condition.

psuexv
07-14-2011, 03:05 PM
It must have recently changed then. I traded in Tiger Wood 11 and Guitar Hero back when TW12 was getting ready to come out and their policy was what I posted above. I was scared to send mine in because of the stories I heard from people not getting their games back even with them in acceptable condition.

Maybe they were getting a bunch of crap for it. Here it is verbatim from the email about my credit being processed.

Selected Return Option: Do not return the item. If the item is considered to be in a lower condition, you will receive an Amazon.com Gift Card for a lower amount.

skipwondah33
07-14-2011, 03:12 PM
Yeah. Well cool thing about it is I contact Amazon telling them about my trade-ins and that I hadn't received my credit of $15 yet. The rep deposited a $15 credit into my account that day then low and behold I get my trade in credit the next day. I love Amazon.

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2011, 03:23 PM
It only took about a week for me. I shipped my copies of NCAA and Madden 11 out on Friday, June 17th. Amazon deposited the $25 from the trade-in value into my gift card balance less than a week later, on Thursday, June 23rd. A total of 6 days for shipping via UPS Ground from Ohio to New Hampshire, for Amazon to receive it, and for them to process it and deposit the money into my account.

UGA14
07-16-2011, 09:27 AM
Best Buy is far and away better than Gamestop. I recently traded in MLB The Show and still got $30 for it. Gamestop NEVER gives you $30 for a game unless it's some promotion, they typically max out at 22-25 and that's for a brand new game you just bought.