PDA

View Full Version : No Huddle Bug?

cjmanis10
07-12-2011, 09:02 PM
Myself and three other friends started up an Online Dynasty last night around 1 and have been playing off and on since. We've noticed a couple things and were wondering if they were bugs or maybe something we did wrong. Were Defensive Coordinators at 2 and 3 star schools and every game we have played the opponent has ran No Huddle and passed the ball 80% of the time.

Is anyone else noticing this? Or is it just a problem on our end..

Paakaa10
07-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Myself and three other friends started up an Online Dynasty last night around 1 and have been playing off and on since. We've noticed a couple things and were wondering if they were bugs or maybe something we did wrong. Were Defensive Coordinators at 2 and 3 star schools and every game we have played the opponent has ran No Huddle and passed the ball 80% of the time.

Is anyone else noticing this? Or is it just a problem on our end..

Don't think it's a bug; there are some schools in the game whose offenses default to an aggressive no-huddle. What conferences are you playing in?

cjmanis10
07-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Sun Belt and C-USA. Every team we have played is a spread type offense I believe.. But I was hoping not every team would run the aggressive no huddle.

Is there anyway to change that?

Paakaa10
07-12-2011, 09:09 PM
Sun Belt and C-USA. Every team we have played is a spread type offense I believe.. But I was hoping not every team would run the aggressive no huddle.

Is there anyway to change that?

I'm not sure of a way to change it off the top of my head; sorry!

According to Solidice's Team Info spreadsheet, the following teams have aggressive no-huddle settings in the conferences you're playing in:

Sun Belt

Florida Atlantic
Middle Tennessee State
Troy

Conference USA

ECU
Houston
Rice
Southern Miss
Tulsa

And the following teams have "Regular" no-huddle settings:
Sun Belt

FIU
North Texas
UL Lafayette
UL Monroe

Conference USA

Marshall
UAB

cjmanis10
07-12-2011, 09:16 PM
The team's we have played are Southern Miss, Tulsa, FIU, North Texas, UL Monroe, UAB, and Marshall.

Every one has ran an aggressive no huddle. By aggressive, I mean when they catch a pass and run out of bounds they no huddle. Every single one of there plays besides 4th downs have been no huddle and were into week 10. It's kind of taking the fun out of the game.

Paakaa10
07-12-2011, 09:19 PM
The team's we have played are Southern Miss, Tulsa, FIU, North Texas, UL Monroe, UAB, and Marshall.

Every one has ran an aggressive no huddle. By aggressive, I mean when they catch a pass and run out of bounds they no huddle. Every single one of there plays besides 4th downs have been no huddle and were into week 10. It's kind of taking the fun out of the game.

I'll admit I'm not a big fan of playing against teams who make use of no-huddle through the game. That said, if you have coaching contracts on then some of the team play styles should change as head coaches and coordinators are hired and fired. In a few years of Dynasty mode the Sun Belt and C-USA may look completely different in terms of offensive style.

OptionMasta
07-12-2011, 09:33 PM
That spreadsheet is also incorrect as I know Pitt is an aggressive no huddle team and they are not listed as such. It could be that the teams you played are actually aggressive but listed as regular.

cjmanis10
07-12-2011, 10:16 PM
A friend and I have spent an hour working on some fixes and have not found a thing. We've tried lowering the aggressiveness, putting a custom spread playbook into the coach edits does not work either. So Basically the playbooks assigned to the coaches do not mean anything. Which is quite disappointing.

themoonisdown09
07-12-2011, 10:18 PM
I saw the title of this thread and thought you were talking about another no-huddle bug. The only bug I've experienced with no-huddle is that when I try and run it, the game freezes for a couple of seconds. It's pretty bad, I'm not sure how they didn't catch this one.

Paakaa10
07-12-2011, 10:18 PM
A friend and I have spent an hour working on some fixes and have not found a thing. We've tried lowering the aggressiveness, putting a custom spread playbook into the coach edits does not work either. So Basically the playbooks assigned to the coaches do not mean anything. Which is quite disappointing.

Just to confirm the details; which console are you playing on and are you guys playing with the "Day 1 Patch" installed?

cjmanis10
07-12-2011, 10:20 PM
Xbox 360 and yes sir the day 1 patch.

Unless were doing something major wrong, the only reason the coaches are there is for looks and names. We've started a dynasty and edited the coaches outside before we started it and it did no change to the way they run. We changed it to a Pro Style Offense..and basically they ran a Pro Style No Huddle...

Paakaa10
07-12-2011, 10:38 PM
Xbox 360 and yes sir the day 1 patch.

Unless were doing something major wrong, the only reason the coaches are there is for looks and names. We've started a dynasty and edited the coaches outside before we started it and it did no change to the way they run. We changed it to a Pro Style Offense..and basically they ran a Pro Style No Huddle...

Thanks for providing these details; I'll definitely pass them along to the dev team to see what can be done.

I'm not 100% on how editing the details of coaches should work--whether it needs to be done prior to beginning the dynasty or within the dynasty itself--but the coach details should affect the way each team plays.

For the sake of experimentation--if you have a spare moment--start up a Dynasty in the ACC and see if anybody in the conference runs No-Huddle all the time. As far as I can tell the only teams there who might run No-Huddle would be Clemson or Duke, and according to Solidice's spreadsheet neither is Aggressive.

cjmanis10
07-12-2011, 10:44 PM
We did some research and I should have posted, but it only happens if the team is running the Spread Offense Play Type. I've tried every team from Clemson to West Virginia to Southern Miss and beyond and they still run it aggressively.

Paakaa10
07-12-2011, 11:04 PM
We did some research and I should have posted, but it only happens if the team is running the Spread Offense Play Type. I've tried every team from Clemson to West Virginia to Southern Miss and beyond and they still run it aggressively.

To be fair, you would expect those three teams to use the No Huddle because all three are set to either "Regular" or "Aggressive" No Huddle under Solidice's spreadsheet.

Try setting a Spread offense playbook for a team like Georgia Tech who normally run Option and have no notation for No Huddle and see what happens when they're taken out of their "comfort zone." If they still run No Huddle aggressively with the Spread, then I'll agree that there's some weirdness going on.

cjmanis10
07-12-2011, 11:12 PM
Yes sir. The test I did earlier was, I tried changing Alabama's playbook to a spread and it never would change to the spread. It's like the coach slider bars and playbook changing inside the edit coaches does not work at all.

Paakaa10
07-12-2011, 11:18 PM
Yes sir. The test I did earlier was, I tried changing Alabama's playbook to a spread and it never would change to the spread. It's like the coach slider bars and playbook changing inside the edit coaches does not work at all.

And you're editing coaches from the Main Menu or from inside Dynasty mode?

cjmanis10
07-12-2011, 11:20 PM
Main Menu and I tried it once in an offline dynasty and it doesn't seam to work either.

cjmanis10
07-12-2011, 11:22 PM
A friend is gonna try something right now to make one last test. He's taking SMU (Air Raid style) and gonna try and stick them with a custom playbook with no shotgun and see if they run it and run it with a no huddle style.

cjmanis10
07-12-2011, 11:23 PM
Just got word from him that it didn't work.

Paakaa10
07-12-2011, 11:24 PM
Just got word from him that it didn't work.

Didn't work meaning what happened?

cjmanis10
07-12-2011, 11:27 PM
That SMU was still running the Air Raid Offense even after he applied the custom playbook with no shotgun to all 3 coaches of SMU.

Paakaa10
07-12-2011, 11:30 PM
That SMU was still running the Air Raid Offense even after he applied the custom playbook with no shotgun to all 3 coaches of SMU.

Very strange.

I've mentioned this thread to some of the site admins here who have more experience with Dynasty mode than I do, so they might chime in here as well. I'm off to bed at the moment, but tomorrow I'll take a look at Dynasty myself and see if I can replicate what's going on or--even better--find a way to make things work the way you'd like them to. We'll see.

JoeHaden5
07-12-2011, 11:50 PM
Here is what I've found to be true so far, which pretty much reiterates what cjmanis10 has said.

I too have been experimenting with the coaches' playbooks offline. After trying a few things, such as trying to change the Run/Pass tendencies of a few coaches, I noticed that nothing seemed to be making a difference at all. So I decided to try something crazy and switch the Alabama coaches (Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator) to a Air Raid offense philosophy. Upon doing so, I again noticed that there was absolutely no change in the way they ran their offense. I've tried monumental Run/Pass and Aggressive/Conservative slider changes in the "Edit Coaches" screen to at least 5 different teams. No differences.

I even created a playbook without a single Shotgun formation included, then assigned it to SMU, and wouldn't you know, the very first formation they came out in was Shotgun/4WR Spread. It will be pretty disappointing if the coaches were included only for the carousel, not to make any sort of difference in play calling or play style, and their sliders are just a gimmick.

Paakaa10
07-13-2011, 11:10 AM
Sorry for the delay; I had not gotten a chance this morning to boot the game up until just now.

I went into "Edit Coaches" under "Team Management" on the Main Menu of the game. I edited Alabama's HC, OC, and DC to have an Offense Style of generic "Run Option (Option)". From there I started a new offline Dynasty, took the HC job at Michigan (they're my default team), and advanced to regular season. For Week 1 of the schedule, I went to Alabama's first game--Kent State at Alabama--and started it up controlling Kent State. Even though the "Style" was listed as "One Back" for Alabama at the "Team Matchup" screen, when I got in-game Alabama's offense ran out of the Option.

I then switched control to Alabama on their next offensive drive and the first Formation to come up in the Playcall was Flexbone; they also had Wishbone, I-Form, Weak I, Shotgun, and then Special Teams/Hail Mary/Goal Line.

For me, it worked. Going to go back into the Dynasty menu now and change the coach details in the menu to see if that works.

gschwendt
07-13-2011, 11:13 AM
I suppose the question then next is whether or not in dynasty you can edit that Alabama coach to Air Raid and ensure that it saves the setting.

Paakaa10
07-13-2011, 11:17 AM
From the Dynasty menu I went to "Coach Central" and then "Coach Info"; I changed Alabama HC's Offensive Playbook to Pistol and changed nothing for the OC or DC. Went back to the schedule for Week 1 and started up Kent State versus Alabama again. The "Team Matchup" screen where you change uniforms and whatnot again said "One Back" under style for Alabama--my guess would be that it's "hard-programmed" into that menu--but when I got to the game itself Alabama was now running a Pistol-based offense against me.

When I switched control to Alabama, here were the Formations available: Pistol, Goal Line, Hail Mary, Special Teams.

I have a simple suggestion--I'm not trying to be goofy or poke fun--but how are you exiting the "Edit Coach" screen when you change the Offensive Playbook for coaches? If you hit :ps3cir: or :360b:, then the game is not saving your changes. You need to hit "Start" to have the changes take effect.

Paakaa10
07-13-2011, 11:25 AM
One more test; went back to "Coach Central" and "Coach Info" and changed Alabama HC to Air Raid Offense. Went back to the Week 1 game playing as Kent State at Alabama and on the Crimson Tide's first offensive possession, they were airing it out.

Switched to them to check their playbook and it had the following Formations: Ace, Strong, Shotgun, Goal Line, Hail Mary, Special Teams.

Paakaa10
07-13-2011, 11:33 AM
And last test; trying to make Alabama run an Aggressive No Huddle even though they do not do so in the game by default. Went back to "Coach Central" and "Coach Info" and edited the Alabama HC to Missouri Spread offense, which has an Aggressive No Huddle. Went back to the Week 1 game as Kent State at Alabama and on the CPU's first offensive possession, they unfortunately did not change their offensive tempo. They were using plays from Missouri's playbook but running a normal offense pace.

Formations in Alabama's playbook when I switched over were: Shotgun, Pistol, Ace, Goal Line, Hail Mary, Special Teams.

Long story short: it looks as though changing the play styles of CPU coaches in the game works whether you do it in the main menu prior to starting a Dynasty or within the Dynasty menu itself. However, No Huddle tendencies do not appear to carry over. I will note that for the dev team.

skipwondah33
07-13-2011, 11:39 AM
I saw the title of this thread and thought you were talking about another no-huddle bug. The only bug I've experienced with no-huddle is that when I try and run it, the game freezes for a couple of seconds. It's pretty bad, I'm not sure how they didn't catch this one.

I initially thought this is what this thread was about. I'm experiencing the same issue every time I try to use no-huddle. I noticed that if I wait a second or two then try no huddle it won't freeze. When I immediately press it a second after being tackled it will freeze momentarily.

Paakaa10
07-13-2011, 11:39 AM
Okay, true last test: left the Alabma HC on Missouri Spread Offensive Playbook and jacked up his Aggressiveness to 85:15 Aggressive:Conservative in the "Coach Info" editing from the Dynasty menu. Back to Week 1, Kent State at Alabama, and Alabama still didn't run an Aggressive No Huddle. Hmm...

Like I said, will pass my results along and see if I can't get answers on how to affect the No Huddle tendencies of CPU-controlled teams.

DariusLock
07-13-2011, 12:45 PM
Wow, that would suck playing no huddle all game.

Paakaa10
07-13-2011, 12:48 PM
Wow, that would suck playing no huddle all game.

Some schools do it in real life though. I'll admit it's not my favorite thing to do--playing against Aggressive No-Huddle teams in game--but I would never ask for it to be removed completely because that would eliminate the realism of how a number of schools play.

That said, I do hope to hear something more about how No Huddle settings are governed for CPU teams. Here's hoping...

skipwondah33
07-13-2011, 01:40 PM
Every team I've played just practicing around has ran no huddle. I'm not a college football junkie by any means but I don't recall seeing Nebraska run it from the opening kick. JB or CDJ would have to clarify that. Indiana also ran no huddle when I played a game against them.

cjmanis10
07-13-2011, 01:47 PM
The main problem I'm trying to explain is..the no huddle needs to be tweaked. Because no matter what you change in the coach settings, whether to run conservative to aggressive in the no huddle it doesn't make a difference at all. Even if you change them to more of a run heavy team in the coach settings..You cant even tell its been changed.

Basically, what I would like to see is the coach settings/sliders to actually work and If we change a team to a conservative no huddle then they shouldn't run the no huddle from the opening kick off to last possession of the game.

There's spread teams that don't even run the no huddle in real life that are running it 24/7 in the game and it needs to be fixed.

Paakaa10
07-13-2011, 03:57 PM
The main problem I'm trying to explain is..the no huddle needs to be tweaked. Because no matter what you change in the coach settings, whether to run conservative to aggressive in the no huddle it doesn't make a difference at all. Even if you change them to more of a run heavy team in the coach settings..You cant even tell its been changed.

Okay; this is a clearer message than what we've had previously here.

As far as coach settings, I have a feeling that the Aggressive:Conservative slider for coaches refers to how aggressive or conservative the play-calling is for that team; it probably has nothing to do with No Huddle settings. And an Aggressive No Huddle team would run the no huddle even if they were a run-first team, honestly. It would make perhaps more sense in that case because a run-first team would lose more time off the clock than a pass-first team from play-to-play.

Basically, what I would like to see is the coach settings/sliders to actually work and If we change a team to a conservative no huddle then they shouldn't run the no huddle from the opening kick off to last possession of the game.

There's spread teams that don't even run the no huddle in real life that are running it 24/7 in the game and it needs to be fixed.

As stated above, I don't believe that Aggressive:Conservative has anything to do with how teams are set to run No Huddle or not in the game. I have a question in to the dev team asking about how No Huddle behavior is set for each team. Hopefully I'll hear back soon so we can get more of an understanding of how that is put together in-game.