PDA

View Full Version : Road to Glory - Veteran Starter Question

Pantera1968
07-12-2011, 06:49 PM
I hope this is the correct place to put this question. I have reached veteran start status in my RTG as a running back. According to the coach confidence screen this means that I should be able to flip the play at the play calling screen. I can't for the life of me figure out how to accomplish this. I have tried both triggers and nothing. Is that available only if you are a qb? Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

JBHuskers
07-12-2011, 06:59 PM
I hope this is the correct place to put this question. I have reached veteran start status in my RTG as a running back. According to the coach confidence screen this means that I should be able to flip the play at the play calling screen. I can't for the life of me figure out how to accomplish this. I have tried both triggers and nothing. Is that available only if you are a qb? Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

That may just be as the QB....but to do it you hit :360x:/:ps3sq: to bring up audibles and then :ps3R2:/:360rt: to flip the play, but I'm pretty sure the QB only can do that.

Paakaa10
07-12-2011, 07:01 PM
That may just be as the QB....but to do it you hit :360x:/:ps3sq: to bring up audibles and then :ps3R2:/:360rt: to flip the play, but I'm pretty sure the QB only can do that.

I haven't gotten that far into RTG yet, but aren't run play directions usually flipped by moving the right analog stick in the direction you want to run when you get to the line of scrimmage?

JBHuskers
07-12-2011, 07:03 PM
I haven't gotten that far into RTG yet, but aren't run play directions usually flipped by moving the right analog stick in the direction you want to run when you get to the line of scrimmage?

Yes but flipping the play flips the entire play......the right analog stick just changes the direction of where the RB goes, doesn't change the blocking schemes or anything.

Paakaa10
07-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Yes but flipping the play flips the entire play......the right analog stick just changes the direction of where the RB goes, doesn't change the blocking schemes or anything.

Good point haha.

Pantera1968
07-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Thanks JB. That makes sense. So does that mean that all of the other "perks" you get for the other various levels also apply to qb only? I guess I understand if that is the case but it does seem reasonable that EA would make that more obvious. I guess the other question is if none of the perks are available what's the incentive to continue to increase your coach's confidence?

JBHuskers
07-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Thanks JB. That makes sense. So does that mean that all of the other "perks" you get for the other various levels also apply to qb only? I guess I understand if that is the case but it does seem reasonable that EA would make that more obvious. I guess the other question is if none of the perks are available what's the incentive to continue to increase your coach's confidence?

I sent an e-mail to one of the devs...I'll let you know what I find out.

Buckeye
07-12-2011, 07:44 PM
I sent an e-mail to one of the devs...I'll let you know what I find out.
Don't want to derail this thread too much, but can you please find out how EA calculates points/progression for DBs? I've had games with pass breakups and not a single completion against me, but no 'stats' and I got 40 points. OTOH, I had a game with 1 sack, 5 TKL and got burned twice for TDs...the game gave me 76 points. Thanks in advance!

Boss1022
07-13-2011, 03:25 PM

Thanks!

I had the same problem playing RTG as a RB. Was never able to flip a play in the play calling screen, but as soon as I advanced to the next "coach trust tier", which allows you to 5 opportunities to choose an alternate play, it was clearly defined how to do so in the legend of the play calling screen. So I have to assume that there's a bug in the Veteran Starter for RBs. Going to try a new position later to see if the same thing happens.