PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 12 is here! Share Your Thoughts & Impressions

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

gschwendt
07-11-2011, 05:51 PM
http://thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA12/NCAA12Houston.jpg

We've shared our thoughts for the past two weeks, now it's your turn. Use this thread to post your thoughts on the game for this year.

Also, make sure to post your wish list and feedback ideas here (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?8-Wishlist-amp-Feedback), while posting bugs and glitches in the thread linked here (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2690-Bugs-amp-Glitches-NCAA-Football-13-Wish-List-amp-Feedback).

souljahbill
07-11-2011, 06:20 PM
I'm glad this thread is up because I just HAD to share this story.

Every summer, 2 boys that my wife used to babysit and essentially helped raised come stay at our home for about a month or so. Last year on NCAA '11, the oldest boy (15 then, now 16) played 1 game. I was Southern Miss and he was LSU. I beat him quite handily. We played 1 game of the demo. I was Texas and he was Oregon. I beat him pretty good but he returned 2 kickoffs with Oregon's KR #24. He took that as a moral victory, declaring himself "the kickoff master" even though I knew it was luck. Anyway, as I was playing NCAA 12, he started talking trash about me. I asked him if he wanted to get his (LSU) Tigers whipped again and he said, no because he didn't want to lose. Then, a lightbulb went off in his head and he asked if he could use Oregon. I said sure so we started playing. HE WAS KILLING ME! I was down 7-0 at the end of 1, 21-0 before I scored my first points. Of course, blowing me out put more trash talk in his mouth but I never said a word. I just focused on moving the ball. Fast forward to the 4th quarter. I'm down 14 points. With 3 minutes and some change to go. I drive the field, and score a TD. With 2 minutes and change to go, he throws a pic and I return it deep into his territory. I score a quick TD with a little under 2 minutes to go. If he were smart, he would have run the clock. Nope, 3 straight incompletions. He punts the ball. I get to his 46 with 4 seconds to go. I heave a desperation bomb, #27 got behind the linebacker he was user controlling, and I score the game winning TD with no time on the clock! I literally ran around my house screaming and jumping! Final score Southern Miss 45 Oregon 38. I saved the replay of the TD and took a pic. I'll post it soon enough. Man, that was awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

souljahbill
07-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Ok, now, impressions.

I've mentioned before but I'll say it again, I find not being able to arrange my formations in a custom playbook kinda lame. It annoys me with my defensive book a lot more then my offensive book but it's far from a "real" issue.

I still can't pass.

No suction tackling is a MUCH bigger deal then I would have ever anticipated. It's not something that I ever cared about but now I see what a difference it makes, especially in the running game.

I've only played 2 games worth but I really like it. Then again, I like every release so don't consider me Mr. Critical.

morsdraconis
07-11-2011, 06:40 PM
I'm glad this thread is up because I just HAD to share this story.

Every summer, 2 boys that my wife used to babysit and essentially helped raised come stay at our home for about a month or so. Last year on NCAA '11, the oldest boy (15 then, now 16) played 1 game. I was Southern Miss and he was LSU. I beat him quite handily. We played 1 game of the demo. I was Texas and he was Oregon. I beat him pretty good but he returned 2 kickoffs with Oregon's KR #24. He took that as a moral victory, declaring himself "the kickoff master" even though I knew it was luck. Anyway, as I was playing NCAA 12, he started talking trash about me. I asked him if he wanted to get his (LSU) Tigers whipped again and he said, no because he didn't want to lose. Then, a lightbulb went off in his head and he asked if he could use Oregon. I said sure so we started playing. HE WAS KILLING ME! I was down 7-0 at the end of 1, 21-0 before I scored my first points. Of course, blowing me out put more trash talk in his mouth but I never said a word. I just focused on moving the ball. Fast forward to the 4th quarter. I'm down 14 points. With 3 minutes and some change to go. I drive the field, and score a TD. With 2 minutes and change to go, he throws a pic and I return it deep into his territory. I score a quick TD with a little under 2 minutes to go. If he were smart, he would have run the clock. Nope, 3 straight incompletions. He punts the ball. I get to his 46 with 4 seconds to go. I heave a desperation bomb, #27 got behind the linebacker he was user controlling, and I score the game winning TD with no time on the clock! I literally ran around my house screaming and jumping! Final score Southern Miss 45 Oregon 38. I saved the replay of the TD and took a pic. I'll post it soon enough. Man, that was awesome!

That's an AWESOME story!

I played someone in an OD last year with something similar happening. I can't remember who it was or what teams we were playing, but, man, it was exhilarating to pull of a come from behind win and score with no team left on the clock. It was the best game of football I had ever played and it was extremely enjoyable.

I can't fuckin' wait until I get '12. Only another day or work and I will be able to fuckin' play.

cdj
07-11-2011, 10:12 PM
You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?490-NCAA-Football-12-is-here!-Share-your-game-thoughts

RTerry25
07-11-2011, 11:20 PM
jus left gamestop!!! Update n progress!!!!!!

JBHuskers
07-11-2011, 11:29 PM
http://www.festivechristmasdecorations.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/christmas-tree1.jpg

Merry Christmas!!!

ThatSnickelfritz
07-11-2011, 11:56 PM
The game has frozen on me and cut off twice and when I try to restart it the next 1-2 times it'll say an error occurred. Is anybody else having this problem. I'm so pissed right now...

ThatSnickelfritz
07-12-2011, 12:05 AM
3 times...wow...just ridiculous. Will play for like 5 mins and it'll happen when I'm like switching screens or somebody's weight. So so pissed right now

steelerfan
07-12-2011, 12:06 AM
The game has frozen on me and cut off twice and when I try to restart it the next 1-2 times it'll say an error occurred. Is anybody else having this problem. I'm so pissed right now...

Haven't seen or heard that. Which system?

SmoothPancakes
07-12-2011, 12:17 AM
Now hopefully only a 12 or 13 hour wait for UPS, and not a 15 or 16 hour wait.

Lord Marshall X
07-12-2011, 12:19 AM
NCAA Football Orchestrates games. This happens a lot in user games. I could tell you horror stories from the other side of that game winning by 4 scores at halftime and losing a game. It was so bad last year it dissolved our dynasty when in the second half one guy had 3 points scored on him in 5 user games. All of which he was down at least 3 scores at halftime. So either he is the most awesome second half player of all-time even though his strategy never changed but his team went into "super awesome" mode. But they do it for moments like this. Hey, some people wait a lifetime.

Dr Death
07-12-2011, 12:23 AM
Just opened my game and there's a card w/ a code for on-line play but there's no booklet! Nothing that explains what buttons apply to what, etc. Is this something new or did I just get a screwy copy? Granted, I am intelligent enough to figure it all out... but how can a game not have a booklet? I just don't get that.

BearDownUofA
07-12-2011, 12:28 AM
It's all in-game now. EA's doing it with all of their games.

souljahbill
07-12-2011, 12:40 AM
http://http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/33627/EA_Sports_Drops_Paper_Instruction_Manuals.php

Dr Death
07-12-2011, 12:43 AM
It's all in-game now. EA's doing it with all of their games.

Yeah, I just found it. Any Mod wishing to toss this thread overboard, please feel free to do so!

mrh61988
07-12-2011, 01:39 AM
I've frozen twice now. Once in the front end and once at the end of an online game prior to loading to the stats section. I'm on the 360.

ram29jackson
07-12-2011, 01:43 AM
are you talking about the game/disc itself or just being cut off of online play?

ram29jackson
07-12-2011, 01:45 AM
..or leave it just in case theres a question/command someone hasnt researched on the game yet ?

mrh61988
07-12-2011, 01:56 AM
are you talking about the game/disc itself or just being cut off of online play?My game had just gone final and it was loading to the final menu where you check stats and stuff. That's where I froze.

ram29jackson
07-12-2011, 01:59 AM
My game had just gone final and it was loading to the final menu where you check stats and stuff. That's where I froze.

well ,if thats online, why be suprised? it always happens the first two weeks when theres a ton of people online and they are trying to work out server problems

OptionMasta
07-12-2011, 02:47 AM
Running the option is hard. I don't know if it's just the teams I have been using or that it's just a lot harder. I can't get to the outside and if I do, I get some really bad pitches being made despite no contact on my QB.

Passing is more difficult too. It feels like there are 20 defenders on the field at all times when I drop back. This is probably a symptom of my poor recognition of the defense, etc. Hopefully the game will slow down for me a little and I will get more comfortable with passing.

Play action works. This is a huge positive.

The playbooks I used felt bare. I didn't see a lot of passing concepts that I liked. I'm really looking forward to creating a custom book.

ram29jackson
07-12-2011, 03:36 AM
is this all xbox360 ?

Rudy
07-12-2011, 04:58 AM
I've read about freezing and problems on the 360 version on OS. They said it's better if you install it to your HDD. Have you guys tried that?

RTCVT
07-12-2011, 05:29 AM
Running the option is hard. I don't know if it's just the teams I have been using or that it's just a lot harder. I can't get to the outside and if I do, I get some really bad pitches being made despite no contact on my QB.

Passing is more difficult too. It feels like there are 20 defenders on the field at all times when I drop back. This is probably a symptom of my poor recognition of the defense, etc. Hopefully the game will slow down for me a little and I will get more comfortable with passing.

Play action works. This is a huge positive.

The playbooks I used felt bare. I didn't see a lot of passing concepts that I liked. I'm really looking forward to creating a custom book.

The option will click for you as well, I was terrible my first game or two, but now I am running it better than I did in '11

Pig Bomb
07-12-2011, 07:39 AM
how come guys with early copies of the game did not experience any of this????

souljahbill
07-12-2011, 07:54 AM

They have the PS3 version.

ThatSnickelfritz
07-12-2011, 10:23 AM
No I have the PS3 and it's frozen on me everytime I've put it in the system. I despise EA...

Iron Dragon
07-12-2011, 10:28 AM
Still waiting on the UPS man. Anywhere from now..until 5pm. :fp:

ThatSnickelfritz
07-12-2011, 10:29 AM
Absolutely furious right now

SmoothPancakes
07-12-2011, 10:30 AM

Yeah, I'm the same. Thankfully, a new DLC case was released for L.A. Noire today, so I'm about to fire that up and enjoy a brand new case to help pass the time, as well as some good shows on Military Channel through 3pm, so I have absolutely no problem waiting.

I OU a Beatn
07-12-2011, 10:36 AM
I got the game about an hour ago and hopped straight into a random game using Florida against my opponent's Boise St. I really hate playing on the Smurf Turf, FYI. Anyway, couldn't be happier about how smooth the game is online. There is a very slight difference online vs offline, but I adjusted to it quickly. I didn't have any problem with the play calling screen either even though it does have somewhat of a delay.

First play of the game the guy threw a pick against a man blitz I had called and that trend continued. He ended up throwing 4 picks in the first half along with a fumble off a user big hit and was trailing 24-7 at half time. It should have been zero, but I whiffed on a user pick on his second possession and he ended up taking it in for a long TD, so it was 7-7 at one point. He started chewing clock after he threw his fifth pick and was down 31-7.

It wasn't really a close game at all, but he was a fairly sim player. I had no complaints about him. I only had 230 yards of offense on 25 plays, while he had 150 yards on 40+ plays. I just couldn't get into a rhythm offensively. Every time I'd get the ball I would only have a short ways to go to get into the end zone. Anyway, I'm pretty happy after one game. Hopefully it stays that way.

steelerfan
07-12-2011, 10:43 AM

We didn't want to.

xMrHitStickx904
07-12-2011, 10:50 AM
I got the game about an hour ago and hopped straight into a random game using Florida against my opponent's Boise St. I really hate playing on the Smurf Turf, FYI. Anyway, couldn't be happier about how smooth the game is online. There is a very slight difference online vs offline, but I adjusted to it quickly. I didn't have any problem with the play calling screen either even though it does have somewhat of a delay.

First play of the game the guy threw a pick against a man blitz I had called and that trend continued. He ended up throwing 4 picks in the first half along with a fumble off a user big hit and was trailing 24-7 at half time. It should have been zero, but I whiffed on a user pick on his second possession and he ended up taking it in for a long TD, so it was 7-7 at one point. He started chewing clock after he threw his fifth pick and was down 31-7.

It wasn't really a close game at all, but he was a fairly sim player. I had no complaints about him. I only had 230 yards of offense on 25 plays, while he had 150 yards on 40+ plays. I just couldn't get into a rhythm offensively. Every time I'd get the ball I would only have a short ways to go to get into the end zone. Anyway, I'm pretty happy after one game. Hopefully it stays that way.

You playin on the 360 this year??

xMrHitStickx904
07-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Only couple complaints are the Custom Playbook glitch, and the tiny freezes in online games during no huddle and other random online freezes. Alignment problems are gone, so I can use the 4-2-5 effectively. Games are relatively low scoring, which I enjoy. I won a 14-0 game, where I really let my D put this dude in a box. Loved it. Overall, I really do enjoy the game, hasn't crashed on me once since I got it Saturday.

(PS3)

Solidice
07-12-2011, 11:01 AM
I've run into a couple of issues. Ace Big Fly Sweep seems to be broken. the QB never makes the hand-off to the WR when the WR is coming from the right, if you flip the play, it works.

also, using custom playbook, I keep getting 'ghost' formations. used Texas Tech as the base, remove most the formations, but 4WR Trey, Shotgun Normal, and Wild Panther keeps showing up even though they are not selected as a formation(4 WR Trey shows 0 plays, Shotgun Normal shows 1, Wild Panther seems to show all)

ThatSnickelfritz
07-12-2011, 11:02 AM
I don't play online, but was connected to EA then I did it without being online and still froze. Freezes everytime. Have nothing on my PS3 but netflix and NCAA. Was fine before NCAA...talking to EA chat now....I'm so mad. I had feeling walking out of the store it would freeze and I'd just have to wait for the patch. Now I had the patch and still didn't work.

Pig Bomb
07-12-2011, 11:05 AM
just finished the first half NC State vs UNC..... freaking magic...love it so far

Heisman/ 8min Q

Halftime 28-16 NC State leads

NC State
Rush 12 carries 6 yards
Pass 6 for 9 87 yards/ 1 TD

UNC
Rush 19 carries for 119 yards
10 for 13 101 yards/ 1 TD

Scoring
1Q
NCSU 95yd kick off return TD
UNC 8 yd pass TD
UNC 21 yd FG

2Q
NCSU INT 53 yd TD
NCSU INT 30 yd TD
UNC 20 yd FG
NCSU 21yd pass TD
UNC 48 yd FG

steelerfan
07-12-2011, 11:05 AM
I don't play online, but was connected to EA then I did it without being online and still froze. Freezes everytime. Have nothing on my PS3 but netflix and NCAA. Was fine before NCAA...talking to EA chat now....I'm so mad. I had feeling walking out of the store it would freeze and I'd just have to wait for the patch. Now I had the patch and still didn't work.

Honestly, if I were you, I would return to the store and exchange it for a new disc. I'd at least try that before I got all pissed off.

AustinWolv
07-12-2011, 11:11 AM

Yeah, same here. It'll be around 9pm before I can even play.
Rather envious seeing people on my friends list last night playing it.

Solidice
07-12-2011, 11:15 AM
I've run into a couple of issues. Ace Big Fly Sweep seems to be broken. the QB never makes the hand-off to the WR when the WR is coming from the right, if you flip the play, it works.

well for some reason, I exited practice and re-entered and now the Fly sweep works? :rolleyes:

ThatSnickelfritz
07-12-2011, 11:22 AM
Honestly, if I were you, I would return to the store and exchange it for a new disc. I'd at least try that before I got all pissed off. I mean I'm not like tearing my room up...I'm just mad at the situation. I've been waiting for EA to respond again for like an hour and what to make sure it's not anything else before I return it.

ThatSnickelfritz
07-12-2011, 11:24 AM
I do agree with you though that it has to be the disc...I mean nothing was wrong before and it works for like 5 minutes and it seems like it's overheating my ps3 or something. It's not my ps3 though. Sorry if I'm taking this thread up...

Koach Vonner
07-12-2011, 11:30 AM
I thought about returning mine, but these freezing problems are scaring me. Mine doesnt freeze. Yet and knock on wood. I just can use my custom Playbook which is a bunch of crap. I'm on Xbox 360. I just don't see why this wasn't caught before release.

OptionMasta
07-12-2011, 11:40 AM
I have noticed a freezing issue on PS3 when calling a hurry up offense. Since that's a big part of my gameplan, it kind of sucks. Essentially when I hit :ps3tri: the game freezes up for a few seconds before I can get to my play call screen.

Obviously this is not the same issue the 360 people are noticing and I can actually play the game. I just thought this was worth mentioning. Also, I have experienced the little hitch where the QB won't throw the ball for a year.

gschwendt
07-12-2011, 11:40 AM
I do agree with you though that it has to be the disc...I mean nothing was wrong before and it works for like 5 minutes and it seems like it's overheating my ps3 or something. It's not my ps3 though. Sorry if I'm taking this thread up...I'm not sure what issues are causing it but I will say that it appears to be a very small issue with possibly you being the only repeat "offender". To me that lends likelihood of it being an issue with either the disc or your console itself (I know that's not anything anyone ever wants to hear). I will say that a couple of years ago, I ran into a very similar issue with the only game it occurring on was Little Big Planet. I could get it to trigger just about at the exact same spot in the middle of a beginning level. I tried my disc on other consoles and I tried other copies of LBP on my console; in the end it was my console that was causing the problem.

That said, can you provide further details as to what exactly you're trying to do when it happens? Are you doing the same thing? Does it always happen at the same point?

souljahbill
07-12-2011, 11:46 AM
No offense but I can't possibly be the disc if it's a new copy. If it doesn't have any scratches, I would thunk it's the drive not reading otherwise everyone would have the same problem.

I OU a Beatn
07-12-2011, 11:46 AM
You playin on the 360 this year??

Yes.

Onside kick glitch is alive and well. Just lost a game where I ran a whopping 8 plays. Awesome.

xMrHitStickx904
07-12-2011, 11:48 AM
Yes.

Onside kick glitch is alive and well. Just lost a game where I ran a whopping 8 plays. Awesome.

HB at kicker again? smh.

xMrHitStickx904
07-12-2011, 11:50 AM
We need to make a thread of bugs and glitches, and exploits for the second patch. There aren't many, but the Onside Kick glitch, custom PB glitch, and stability issues are at the top of the list right now.

cdj
07-12-2011, 11:51 AM
We need to make a thread of bugs and glitches, and exploits for the second patch. There aren't many, but the Onside Kick glitch, custom PB glitch, and stability issues are at the top of the list right now.

Post them here (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2690-Bugs-amp-Glitches-NCAA-Football-13-Wish-List-amp-Feedback). If you know how to replicate it but do not want to share it publicly, feel free to PM me, G, or JB.

I OU a Beatn
07-12-2011, 11:54 AM
HB at kicker again? smh.

Nope, he just did a regular onside kick. It would bounce off mine front line and he'd pick it up. He recovered all 5 or 6 he tried. I didn't even touch the ball until the second half. Unbelievable.

DariusLock
07-12-2011, 12:19 PM
THE GAME SUCKS!

Nah, I'm playing...I suck! I'm hoping and praying I get the game within a week haha.

SmoothPancakes
07-12-2011, 12:29 PM
WOOHOO!!! Those bastards at UPS were kind and actually put my house on the 1-2pm delivery route today instead of the usual 4-5pm delivery route. I have this baby currently in my hand, about to fire up the 360 to install to my hard drive.

ThatSnickelfritz
07-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Just returned the game, fired it back up. Froze in five minutes again. I feel like it's gotta be overheating. What's the best way to dust my ps3. Please help....EDIT: Just saw the vacuum method. I really hope this works.

gschwendt
07-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Nope, he just did a regular onside kick. It would bounce off mine front line and he'd pick it up. He recovered all 5 or 6 he tried. I didn't even touch the ball until the second half. Unbelievable.
Obviously since your opponent did it, you probably don't know, but do you know what type of kick settings, etc. is causing it? I'd like to get that one passed on quickly as well if it's as large an issue as you describe.

Koach Vonner
07-12-2011, 12:47 PM
I hate the onside kick glitch!! SMH

Pig Bomb
07-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Yes.

OU are you playing randoms again??? shame on you :)

trioptionGator
07-12-2011, 01:03 PM
Super-quick thoughts:

Love the lack of suction blocking. I cannot state this enough.

Really enjoyed the hell out of creating a custom playbook. Obviously using them has some issues right now but I'm confident it will be corrected. I feel like this feature alone just upped the replay value for me more than anything on next-gen to date.

Minor negative about custom playbooks: I would really love to be able to custom order formations within a CPB but can live without it.

The visual experience is pretty awesome overall. One odd thing I noticed: I think the crowd looks much better than in years past during gameplay and from super-far away shots, but when you see a mid-range shot of the crowd, it looks kind of last-gen-y.

OK, the game's almost installed on my hard drive. Back to it!

keyser soze
07-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Hmmmm, so thus far the largest conclusion I can come away with is that the BUGS and problem threads are dominating the game discussion threads.... not good....

JBHuskers
07-12-2011, 01:19 PM
I have both the 360 and PS3 versions, no problems here. You might just have a defective disc. It happens.

umhester04
07-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Stadium Sounds play too long :(

I OU a Beatn
07-12-2011, 01:24 PM
Obviously since your opponent did it, you probably don't know, but do you know what type of kick settings, etc. is causing it? I'd like to get that one passed on quickly as well if it's as large an issue as you describe.

I've been trying to do the same for the past 45 minutes or so in practice, but I can't seem to get it. I'm sure it'll pop up in next several days, but I can't seem to get the right combo.

gschwendt
07-12-2011, 01:29 PM
I've been trying to do the same for the past 45 minutes or so in practice, but I can't seem to get it. I'm sure it'll pop up in next several days, but I can't seem to get the right combo.
If you find it either yourself or come across it in discussion, please PM me with details and I can forward it along.

sub9er
07-12-2011, 01:44 PM
the grass still looks crap even after the patch

MattUM2
07-12-2011, 02:14 PM
I love that EA has allowed us to edit recruits for once. But I think EA dropped the ball with not allowing us to edit Height/Weight/Position.

osufan4life
07-12-2011, 02:33 PM
UPS just dropped off the game.
First impression: see you guys in 48 hours :)

trioptionGator
07-12-2011, 02:44 PM
I love that EA has allowed us to edit recruits for once. But I think EA dropped the ball with not allowing us to edit Height/Weight/Position.

I haven't tried Dynasty yet. So you can "fully edit" players but not their weights or positions? I hate to say this, but those were the only darn things I wanted to edit. Oh well.

gschwendt
07-12-2011, 02:45 PM
I haven't tried Dynasty yet. So you can "fully edit" players but not their weights or positions? I hate to say this, but those were the only darn things I wanted to edit. Oh well.
Positions being locked I can fully understand, but I am disappointed that you can't edit height & weight.

SmoothPancakes
07-12-2011, 02:47 PM
My game just froze on me, 360 version. :fp:

I had just started the 4th quarter of a coach mode play now game between Army and Navy, playing as Navy and winning 14-10. Now I'll never get to know if Navy holds on to win or not. :(

I OU a Beatn
07-12-2011, 02:52 PM
I'm getting pretty annoyed after seeing the same crap 3 games in a row. I simply don't understand why EA would change how user catching works. I just don't. No one has EVER said there was anything wrong with it. I'm going to basically have to completely redesign every aspect of my offense to be able to consistently win games. You can't throw deep routes because defenders close so quickly that they're able to make a play, and when they make the play, they win it 99% of the time. If the ball is thrown deep and it's one on one, the DB wins every single time and usually picks it off even though both players are in great position.

It's absolutely sickening to see, especially for someone who stretches the field with deeper routes to open the shotgun running game up.

OptionMasta
07-12-2011, 03:15 PM
I'm seeing basically a lot of the same nonsense that I didn't like about previous iterations of this game: shitty blocking with blown assignments, players standing up which tips you off to the fact that a blitz is coming (or the other team is tipped off), linemen changing positions after audibles for no particular reason, and quite a few sacks from a 3 man rush.

I've turned it off for now in disgust. It's time to do something just as stupid: finance problems.

I OU a Beatn
07-12-2011, 03:37 PM
I've found the opposite online. I'm blitzing like a mad man and I have 2 sacks in 3 full games.

OptionMasta
07-12-2011, 03:42 PM
It's the CPU sacking me offline so we're seeing something different for sure.

ram29jackson
07-12-2011, 03:43 PM
I have both the 360 and PS3 versions, no problems here. You might just have a defective disc. It happens.

are you talking about your custom playbooks? theyre ok ? or something else ?

mpk0303
07-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Any news of Roster Names yet? I dont even like to play the game or start a franchise without the actual names in the game. Thanks and im new here still figuring things out.

ram29jackson
07-12-2011, 03:46 PM
My game just froze on me, 360 version. :fp:

I had just started the 4th quarter of a coach mode play now game between Army and Navy, playing as Navy and winning 14-10. Now I'll never get to know if Navy holds on to win or not. :(

this wasnt a patch fix ?

xMrHitStickx904
07-12-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm getting pretty annoyed after seeing the same crap 3 games in a row. I simply don't understand why EA would change how user catching works. I just don't. No one has EVER said there was anything wrong with it. I'm going to basically have to completely redesign every aspect of my offense to be able to consistently win games. You can't throw deep routes because defenders close so quickly that they're able to make a play, and when they make the play, they win it 99% of the time. If the ball is thrown deep and it's one on one, the DB wins every single time and usually picks it off even though both players are in great position.

It's absolutely sickening to see, especially for someone who stretches the field with deeper routes to open the shotgun running game up.

you can still user catch. for me it's easy on deep routes just it always has been, turn a bit towards the defender, tap, on press Y or Triangle while moving the left stick over to the right. I get that beautiful animation everytime, and if you strafe, it'll be a TD.

xMrHitStickx904
07-12-2011, 03:48 PM
If you find it either yourself or come across it in discussion, please PM me with details and I can forward it along.

put a HB at kicker, and kick it with little or no power, aim left. Easiest thing to do is not allow QB's, HB's, Receivers, TE's or anybody kick except a kicker.

xMrHitStickx904
07-12-2011, 03:50 PM

Ohhh. Basically here is what I do, are you controlling anybody on the front line?

mpk0303
07-12-2011, 03:52 PM
May I ask when do the Rosters usually become available for PS3 to download?

Kwizzy
07-12-2011, 03:53 PM

So wait, what the hell can you edit now that you couldn't before? Height & Weight was the big need! Locking Position and home state is fine with me but if you can't edit height and weight it really doesn't do much good.

ram29jackson
07-12-2011, 03:53 PM
...loading update right now....)))))

mpk0303
07-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Kwizzy, a gopher fan right here my man. I would like to say welcome to the the Big Ten. Should be an exciting year with the Huskers joining.

Kwizzy
07-12-2011, 03:57 PM
Kwizzy, a gopher fan right here my man. I would like to say welcome to the the Big Ten. Should be an exciting year with the Huskers joining.

Yeah should be fun to watch & welcome to the site.

jaymo76
07-12-2011, 03:59 PM
So wait, what the hell can you edit now that you couldn't before? Height & Weight was the big need! Locking Position and home state is fine with me but if you can't edit height and weight it really doesn't do much good.

This was my point... where is the logic??????????????????????????????????????????? Please patch 2 address this issue.

Kwizzy
07-12-2011, 04:01 PM
This was my point... where is the logic??????????????????????????????????????????? Please patch 2 address this issue.

Jaymo, do you know what the patch now allows us to edit that we couldn't before? Ratings?

gschwendt
07-12-2011, 04:06 PM
Jaymo, do you know what the patch now allows us to edit that we couldn't before? Ratings?
Yeah, my understanding is that the patch allows for editing of player ratings.

jaymo76
07-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Bought the game at 10:05am ... into the system + patches, etc ...... start playing at 1o:30am. I set up RTG and imported all my high school teams and played one game on AA (30-0 for my school). Then I took almost 2.5 hours to set up an offensive and defenisve playbook. Finally I played a play now game.

-the intro video may well be the best ever~ it looks so real
-RTG... okay I admit it~ it's a well done feature (I LOVE importing my 12 high school teams... a great touch)
-screen transitions are smooth and loading times are decent
-visually the game is absolutely spectacular~ on field cut scenes/replays are the best of ANY football game ever IMO
-nice to see coaches on the sideline
-some new lines to commentary and I do like the game track screens
-post game wrap up is far better
-it's a little easier to run/pass from the demo (I accredit this to the patch)
-PARTIAL PLAYER EDITING???? what the heck???? why no height & weight????? THIS IS INEXCUSABLE!!!!
-crowds look a lot better than last year
-I THOUGHT CROWD NOISE WAS IMPROVED???? HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE... um no!!!

Overall the game truly plays the best of any college football game before IMO and it looks the best of any football game ever. I am really excited about coahcing carousel and frankly CUSTOM PLAYBOOKS (GLITCHES ASIDE) IS THE BEST IMPLEMENTED FEATURE NCAA FOOTBALL HAS EVER HAD!!!

Now that being said, I know I will be ripped for saying this... BUT... there is just something missing. Yeah I am excited but not like I used to be. The game is amazing, both look and play but it's just lacking immersion. PRESENTATION needs to be 100% redone; a half-time show/weekly wrap-up show is desperately needed... I want to get lost in the game again like back on last gen. I know this is a great game possibly the best ever. But I need more immersion. my .02c for what it's worth.

jaymo76
07-12-2011, 04:16 PM
Yeah, my understanding is that the patch allows for editing of player ratings.

editing of ALL PLAYERS (name, number, skill ratings). But you can't touch, height, weight, location, and year.

mpk0303
07-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Just hearing the ESPN College Football music gets me amped up. Is it Sept. 1st yet?

I OU a Beatn
07-12-2011, 04:29 PM
:D This is ridiculous. I guess I'm going to have to start chucking bombs and rocket catching them to get people to loosen their D up.

ram29jackson
07-12-2011, 04:32 PM
the Great Gschwendt is 117 in head to head play !
with Escobar at 2371

the great oneback is only at 7415
psusnoop is at 7584
steelerfan is at 6916

souljahbill
07-12-2011, 04:37 PM
I'm trying to do protected rivals in a 16-team conference and no matter what I select, the option I choose doesn't stick. It goes back to whatever it was previously.

souljahbill
07-12-2011, 06:04 PM
So, I'm playing a dynasty game and I'm an OC. My HC decides to go for it on 4th and 1, up 28-0. I get dinged for unsportsmanship. LOL! Thanks, coach! :D

Paakaa10
07-12-2011, 06:23 PM
So, I'm playing a dynasty game and I'm an OC. My HC decides to go for it on 4th and 1, up 28-0. I get dinged for unsportsmanship. LOL! Thanks, coach! :D

I know what that HC's alma mater isn't; Sim Academy.

I OU a Beatn
07-12-2011, 06:26 PM
I either really suck at this game or this game really sucks. I'm leaning heavily towards the first.

JBHuskers
07-12-2011, 07:18 PM
I either really suck at this game or this game really sucks. I'm leaning heavily towards the first.

It's an adjustment.

xMrHitStickx904
07-12-2011, 07:39 PM
the Great Gschwendt is 117 in head to head play !
with Escobar at 2371

the great oneback is only at 7415
psusnoop is at 7584
steelerfan is at 6916

435 over here!

I OU a Beatn
07-12-2011, 07:41 PM
It's a combo of a couple of things. I've played a combined MAYBE 50 full games the past 4 years and I'm playing against these guys who've been playing constantly and know the ins and outs. Part two is that I'm extremely unlucky so far. I've lost a fumble on my opening drive on every single game I've played so far, and I've lost 6 fumbles in 4 games and have yet to recover a single one.

That means I'm getting myself into a hole, which means they're going to see in their Cover 2 Man with bump and run while patrolling the middle with the LB and it's near impossible for me to find someone down field. I need to put together a good play book is what I need to do.

ram29jackson
07-12-2011, 07:50 PM
435 over here!

suuure, let the world know haha..I hear you would be a good guy for a gamechanger game, I hope to maybe play you on ps3..?

anyway- I thought this was a little lame haha- I got the take a stab down field trophy...

user controlling a running back, I got near the line of scrimmage and he just fumbled the ball for no reason , there was a defensive lineman opposite his ball side but no contact or anything..there was no reason for him to fumble, no animation that lead to the possibilty, I dislike that.

QBs throwing wide or over of wide receivers that are very open happens too frequently in my opinion along with receivers not reacting to near by/catchable balls

xMrHitStickx904
07-12-2011, 07:55 PM
suuure, let the world know haha..I hear you would be a good guy for a gamechanger game, I hope to maybe play you on ps3..?

sure, im on right now. psn is xMrHitStickx757

osufan4life
07-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Couple of RTG 'issues' after playing through my HS regular season (10 games) as HB and SS on AA default sliders/subs.
After two or three runs I'd get subbed out or after any long runs. Sometimes after one play if I had been on d for a sustained drive. Sometimes I'd play a possession on D and then when then when it was time to go back on O I'd never see the field (but the backup HB would get carries). Very frustrating. I think the most carries I had in a game was 12. Of course I was a blocker on punt returns and covering punts so that didn't help.

I guess that's just one issue. I still had fun but was frustrated by constantly watching the backup HB getting my goalline scores after I had only been on the field for a play or two. SS is pretty tough if you play it straight as the HS teams seemed to throw away from me a lot and I wasn't up in the box unless it was a short yardage or blitz situation.

FoleyLions
07-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Well my thoughts are simple, I AM ADDICTED TO CUSTOM PLAYBOOKS! Ive spent the past 5 hours adding and removing and organizing plays and formations. The Spread is FINALLY the way it should be (yes there are some issues but its manageable).

I started a dynasty and took the OC job at North Texas and I'm 4-0 goin into a game with bama which I'm sure I'll be squashed. Last year I would see this game on the schedule and cringe because I knew the CPU would be pulling a lot of unrealistic crap on me but this year the flow of the game is 10x better and I don't feel cheated when I'm down by 24 points which was the case against Houston then my Defensive counter parts stopped them and give me a short field 3 times which I then took the lead by 1 point in the 4th and held on to win, and it didn't feel unrealistic at all (I know its North Texas, I should have gotten blown out and I did get blown out in the 1st half then Houston slipped up and let me back in the game) wish I could have recorded it.

jaymo76
07-12-2011, 10:54 PM
TOO MANY DROPS & DROPS AFTER HITS!!! Man some of these receivers could not hold onto the ball if their life depended on it.

souljahbill
07-12-2011, 11:03 PM
TOO MANY DROPS & DROPS AFTER HITS!!! Man some of these receivers could not hold onto the ball if their life depended on it.

The dropsies killed me my last game. It's not NCAA '05 bad but it's bad. Also, I'm not saying every QB needs Andrew Luck type accuracy but if a QB is bad, he's BAD. I'm already a bad passer but when QBs WAY overthrow open receivers or receivers drop WIDE OPEN balls (sometimes by not even putting their hands up), it makes a bad passing attack non-existent.

razorback44
07-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Personally, I think the passing game is way more realistic than it has ever been in the past.

Joe Adams is one of the best WR's in the SEC and he dropped two WIDE open passes in the Sugar Bowl. One that would have been a for sure TD on the first play of the game. Even the best players drop passes when we the fan think they should make the catch.

I think we all get way to used to going 22-25 in a game and forget how unlikely that is going to happen in real life on a weekly basis. We scream for realism and then when they put something that is more towards realistic then what we currently had we immediately want them to turn it back. Even the best QB's overthrow wide open WR's. Just because a WR is wide open doesn't mean it's a guaranteed reception or a sure fire strike right in to his hands.

AustinWolv
07-12-2011, 11:51 PM
Like the demo, I'm impressed how this game plays so far on default Heisman. The flow and what is going on seems really dialed in compared to past versions.

Marlowe
07-12-2011, 11:57 PM
*moved info to bugs & glitches...aside from that I like the running in the game...feels smoother than last year and the added RB animations are cool...

ram29jackson
07-13-2011, 12:12 AM
http://www.festivechristmasdecorations.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/christmas-tree1.jpg

Merry Christmas!!!

honoring certain fan bases I'm aware of around here
:Penn_State::Nebraska::Ohio_State::Hawaii: :Arkansas_State:
:Southern_Miss: :West_Virginia::Wisconsin: :Houston:

yes, I may be critical of one thing or another later. But for now, I will post what I posted last year :nod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bdqgc59jrc

SmoothPancakes
07-13-2011, 01:10 AM
Are custom playbooks showing up for anyone else when they are creating their coach in an Online Dynasty? Or is this something that we knew wasn't able to be done in ODs and I just missed the memo about it? I'm currently creating a single player Online Dynasty to try some stuff out, however, when I get to the playbook sections of the Create A Coach screen, my custom playbooks aren't showing up at all. I went through all the trouble of creating the Kitchen Sink O and Kitchen Sink D (they both contain everything but the kitchen sink, hence the name ;)), but now I can't select them to use in my single player OD. :(

DariusLock
07-13-2011, 01:22 AM
honoring certain fan bases I'm aware of around here
:Penn_State::Nebraska::Ohio_State::Hawaii: :Arkansas_State:
:Southern_Miss: :West_Virginia::Wisconsin: :Houston:

:Ole_Miss:

:(

OptionMasta
07-13-2011, 01:24 AM
Are custom playbooks showing up for anyone else when they are creating their coach in an Online Dynasty? Or is this something that we knew wasn't able to be done in ODs and I just missed the memo about it? I'm currently creating a single player Online Dynasty to try some stuff out, however, when I get to the playbook sections of the Create A Coach screen, my custom playbooks aren't showing up at all. I went through all the trouble of creating the Kitchen Sink O and Kitchen Sink D (they both contain everything but the kitchen sink, hence the name ;)), but now I can't select them to use in my single player OD. :(

Create your coach and just set whatever team's playbook you're on as the playbook. Then make sure that you change the option (under house rules, I believe) to allow for custom playbooks. Once you do this, go into your coach philosophy and you should be able to select the created playbook.

SmoothPancakes
07-13-2011, 01:24 AM

Right there with you Darius. :(

:Navy:

SmoothPancakes
07-13-2011, 01:26 AM
Create your coach and just set whatever team's playbook you're on as the playbook. Then make sure that you change the option (under house rules, I believe) to allow for custom playbooks. Once you do this, go into your coach philosophy and you should be able to select the created playbook.

Ahh! Thank you OptionMasta! I could of sworn it was confirmed we could use custom playbooks in Online Dynasties, but then once I got in, I wasn't seeing mine show up anywhere. Thanks for the info! I appreciate it! :)

ram29jackson
07-13-2011, 01:59 AM

Right there with you Darius. :(

:Navy:

Darius stayed quiet till recently..and I told you to change to a Marisa Tomei avatar haha I probably would have remembered you easier

SmoothPancakes
07-13-2011, 02:04 AM
Oh good lord, this is going to take forever just to begin the regular season. I'm currently 87th in line to begin uploading my online dynasty data. :fp:

SmoothPancakes
07-13-2011, 03:07 AM
Oh good lord, this is going to take forever just to begin the regular season. I'm currently 87th in line to begin uploading my online dynasty data. :fp:

It took a full, entire hour just to advance my online dynasty from the preseason to week 1. :fp:

ram29jackson
07-13-2011, 03:50 AM
I still see some shifting by players...

and your blocker on run plays will magicly become useless once youre near him and the defender is right on you with no animation to indicate it was coming

SmoothPancakes
07-13-2011, 04:16 AM
I just got insulted by Dynasty Wire. The auto generated story for Week 1.

Who Cares?

Conference openers don't get much worse than FIU and North Texas this week.

Those bastards. :D

Also, that Super Sim Online isn't too bad. I had a few issues to start. First I couldn't get it to load up properly. Then when I did, one of my guys forced and recovered a fumble on the opening kickoff. Then when I went to run my first offensive player after the fumble, it got stuck in an eternal loading icon when I clicked Simulate Next Play, so I had to completely close it out. When I got it opened back up, instead of having the ball now, it was North Texas instead on offense.

Penalties are out of control on Super Sim Online. I didn't have a single offensive drive without at least one holding penalty and one false start penalty each. As well, I got called at least five times for pass interference or facemask while on defense. Ended up with over 150 yards in penalties, while North Texas ended the game with only 5 penalties.

However, much like my Army vs. Navy coach mode battle I played yesterday afternoon when I first opened up the game, this was a massive defensive battle. Scoreless in the first, no thanks to my stupid kicker who missed two field goals, we traded 20 and 27 yard touchdown passes in the 2nd. North Texas scored on a 24 yard touchdown pass early in the 3rd, to which I answered with an 82 yard touchdown pass a couple minutes later, but *gasp* missed the extra point, keeping me trailing 14-13. A couple traded possessions, got close enough for a field goal to make it 16-14, then a timely failed 4th down conversion on North Texas' own 24 yard line, and I was able to kick a second field goal to make it 19-14 with 30 seconds left. Played prevent defense the last 30 seconds and FIU kicks off the season with a 19-14 victory over North Texas.

All in all, the Super Sim Online is pretty decent. If for some reason I needed to get a game in but didn't have the time, I can just fire it up at work. I'm always looking for ways to kill time during Thursday nights when I'm sitting up at work until 2 or 3am working. Or during my morning show on Saturday mornings when I'm in a music sweep for a bit.

SmoothPancakes
07-13-2011, 05:05 AM
Recruiting is working a LOT better this year on the Dynasty Wire site. I'm halfway through my recruiting board in week 1, all recruiting done on the Dynasty Wire site, and not a single issue, bug, or problem so far. No hours lost because of issues. No glitches that screw you out of hours or time on a recruit. Now, maybe I've just been getting lucky so far, but at this moment, things are running great as far as Dynasty Wire is concerned.

JerzeyReign
07-13-2011, 05:16 AM
I just want to say thanks to the Game Changers who stay in the devs ears about the things we'd like to see. This game is starting to really take form. A few details here and there and NCAA football will finally separate itself from Big Brother.

At the moment I really enjoy the game. My only issue is that the players on the PS3 don't look as smooth as the guys on Xbox.

SmoothPancakes
07-13-2011, 05:54 AM
I just want to say thanks to the Game Changers who stay in the devs ears about the things we'd like to see. This game is starting to really take form. A few details here and there and NCAA football will finally separate itself from Big Brother.

At the moment I really enjoy the game. My only issue is that the players on the PS3 don't look as smooth as the guys on Xbox.

Agreed. Yes, there are some issues like the playbook problems, but hey, it's a brand new addition, there is always going to be a bug or two with something new. And no matter how much the community day guys played the game, both at Tiburon and with their retail copies, they're not going to find everything. There is always going to be an issue that won't show up until thousands of people get their hands on the game and start running it through the gauntlet.

Unlike some people who want to instantly blame the community day guys for these couple of issues, claiming that they intentionally held stuff back or something stupid like that, I know them better than that. I have shared forums with all of the community day guys for years. I've played various sports games with some of these guys over the years. While I may not know them personally, I know them enough that I can trust their word and if some of these issues that people are finding were present and had appeared in their time with the game (at least in the retail versions) then I know they would have said something. These guys aren't like OS, running a dictatorship and clamping down on any negative comments about EA or the game. They themselves have even said and posted about negative things in the game during their time with it. They're not afraid to say their true opinion and let the community know exactly what they are getting.

NCAA 12 is just like every single other game in history or piece of software ever created. There are always going to be issues and bugs that don't come up in testing or quality assurance and whatnot. It takes thousands and thousands of people abusing that game or software, doing things with it that the developers and testers never thought of, to find issues or bugs that were never seen during production.

The Game Changers and Community Day guys have done a fantastic job working with the developers, getting in their ear about issues and bugs, as well as about passing on the big wishlist items that the community has desperately wanted. They have done a great job and there isn't enough thanks we can give them for the things they have done between the community and developers over time.

GRolfes
07-13-2011, 06:12 AM
I know this was an issue in the demo (PS3) and I see it again on the disc version, but the graphics look bad on my TV. I have a 55" Plasma Samsung using a pretty decent HDMI cable, and the players look pixelated and the end zones look bad as well. First post so I hate to be a Debbie. Any suggestions for what I can do to improve this? The website is great though keep up the good work!

skipwondah33
07-13-2011, 08:56 AM
I'm only 4 games into the retail version not including the demo. I like what I've seen so far, still trying to get the feel for the game. I will say that the players seem hard to control, not sure exactly how to explain it. That is probably due to being so use to suction. Now when I try to fill a hole of a play that I've read I either get ran by instantly or miss the tackle all together.

I was pleased with the speed in the demo but after playing the retail it may be a little fast. Again probably just need to get a feel for the game.

Escobar
07-13-2011, 08:56 AM
I know this was an issue in the demo (PS3) and I see it again on the disc version, but the graphics look bad on my TV. I have a 55" Plasma Samsung using a pretty decent HDMI cable, and the players look pixelated and the end zones look bad as well. First post so I hate to be a Debbie. Any suggestions for what I can do to improve this? The website is great though keep up the good work!

What brand is your HDMI cable, is your tv 720p or 1080p, and how close are you sitting to the tv?

psuexv
07-13-2011, 09:02 AM
Haven't fully read through all of the posts so this may be duplicate. Game played pretty well, still saw some of the same issues from last year. Had a DB break on the route before my wide receiver, a MLB made a tipped pass from out of position. But those issues did seem limited. Overall really impressed with the work on zone defense.

JBHuskers
The #1 thing I love about NCAA 12 this year is with the revamped defense, the amount of GREAT games against both the CPU and users is high. It makes for a lot of intriguing games, and that's going to carry over to OD's once they get fired up.

psuexv
OH and the tackling engine is awesome

AustinWolv
07-13-2011, 10:02 AM
Just wanted to share a nice little run up the middle on Heisman. Nice hole, no suction........gone......to me, much better than '11. Haven't played nearly as much as I've wanted and have had time to, but very pleased with the gameplay on '12 so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBifqVzIl-c

Briefly played in custom playbooks and no issues at all. Pretty slick, but I deleted it as it was just toying around. Have to sit down and really eval what I'm going to set it up as. :D

keyser soze
07-13-2011, 10:08 AM
LOL, watch the bottom WR throw about the most illegal block in football. He cuts the DB's legs down field from BEHIND! HAHAHAHA, not saying I have any problem with this or that the CPU should call a penalty, just saying its pretty funny to watch. Kids, please don't imitate anything you see in this game! LOL

skipwondah33
07-13-2011, 10:13 AM
Oh and to add to my initial impression without reading anyone else's comments.....there is an abundance of batted down passes at the LOS or by d-lineman in general. Either they are all wearing Jordan's, ate their Wheatie's, have freakishly long arms or the reflexes of a wild jungle cat :D

keyser soze
07-13-2011, 10:16 AM
Oh and to add to my initial impression without reading anyone else's comments.....there is an abundance of batted down passes at the LOS or by d-lineman in general. Either they are all wearing Jordan's, ate their Wheatie's, have freakishly long arms or the reflexes of a wild jungle cat :D

Can you answer 3 questions about the batted down issue.
1) does the size of your QB matter like it does in real life?
2) does the size and quality of the D-lineman matter like it does in real life?
3) or does this just happen regardless of sizes and stats similar to the offensive centers inability to block this year regardless of relative rating to the rest of the line?

skipwondah33
07-13-2011, 10:24 AM
1) I've played with a '6-2", '6-7" and 6'-6" QB. These are the QB's that I started to take notice of it. The passes were batted down intended for WR's 10-15 yards from the LOS and were not all laser passes. I had 2 HB screens batted down when trying to lob over the defender 5 yards coming towards me as well

2) Doesn't seem to matter, '6-1" or '6-2" dlineman seem to have no problems.

3) Yes in the games I've played it would appear so. Meanwhile I've yet to knock down a pass that the CPU has thrown similar to my throws.

Batting down a pass at the LOS has alot of factors in it. The QB's height, type of throw, the d-lineman's height, jumping ability, etc. Most importantly though it is about timing and from what I'm experiencing their timing is off the charts more times than it is not.

jaymo76
07-13-2011, 10:26 AM
I will need to tinker with the run game sliders. In the demo I could not run the ball. Now in my OC dynasty at Syracuse my backup HB is avg. 6.8 ypc. ??? Granted the comppetition hasn't been great but 6.8ypc? I don't think so. Running and passing actually seem much easier in retail than demo.

deathvalley
07-13-2011, 10:45 AM
they work this year. Nice.

keyser soze
07-13-2011, 10:56 AM
I will need to tinker with the run game sliders. In the demo I could not run the ball. Now in my OC dynasty at Syracuse my backup HB is avg. 6.8 ypc. ??? Granted the comppetition hasn't been great but 6.8ypc? I don't think so. Running and passing actually seem much easier in retail than demo.

is this AA or Heisman?

kindella2
07-13-2011, 11:12 AM
Knocking on wood that my game doesnt start freezing up. Grabbed it yesterday and played all day long. Overall, the game is tougher when it should be and running between the tackles is great.

RTG - its essentially the same more with more games, bells and whistles (which i like) but the game play changes to zones and blocking will make this a more difficult mode. There will be no more 3-400 yrd games by a QB or 200 rushing and 100 receiving from a running back.

Dynasty - love the coaching carosel. Again same game but the game play changes make it more difficult to blow out the CPU so easily. I love the recruiting % of interest now. Gives me a better idea of how high the interest and how close i am to signing a player. I think running will be dominant this year as the blocking has improved. I normally would use the option to break big runs but i rarely have used it as im using dives much more often. If you have a fast RB then you will love the running game.

Running Qbs will now run...they wont wait forever for WRs to get they will run. Played Oregon and Baylor yesterday and both QB #1 and QB #10 :P both wouldnt hesitate to leave the pocket.

The CPU now throws deep and not just once a game but at least 10 times, its a good way to keep me honest.

Seeing a lot more batted balls at the line of scrimmage. I think recruiting will be very important and having a good set of LBs and Safeties will be crucial to stopping the offense.

I like the new cut scenes and game tracks...YES you will be skipping the intros after the 1st 5 times.

Peeves - the new zones and heightened D awareness will result in a lot more Ints which is going to piss off a lot of people, simply cuz the CPU D plays zone 80% of the time. But this is how zone really works in real life, good Qbs can pick it apart but if you rush the throw or throw flat footed or off your back foot its pick time.

Dont like that i cant trigger the TD celebrations but oh well they are still kinda random.

Oh yeah please patch back in the pre endzone celebrations when you have broken a long TD.

Still havent knocked over a pylon, but i have played with Texas and i have seen and heard the cannon.

and although i know people hate it the grass does look great in replays...:D

Just my observations for the moment.

deathvalley
07-13-2011, 11:21 AM
Knocking on wood that my game doesnt start freezing up. Grabbed it yesterday and played all day long. Overall, the game is tougher when it should be and running between the tackles is great.

RTG - its essentially the same more with more games, bells and whistles (which i like) but the game play changes to zones and blocking will make this a more difficult mode. There will be no more 3-400 yrd games by a QB or 200 rushing and 100 receiving from a running back.

Dynasty - love the coaching carosel. Again same game but the game play changes make it more difficult to blow out the CPU so easily. I love the recruiting % of interest now. Gives me a better idea of how high the interest and how close i am to signing a player. I think running will be dominant this year as the blocking has improved. I normally would use the option to break big runs but i rarely have used it as im using dives much more often. If you have a fast RB then you will love the running game.

Running Qbs will now run...they wont wait forever for WRs to get they will run. Played Oregon and Baylor yesterday and both QB #1 and QB #10 :P both wouldnt hesitate to leave the pocket.

The CPU now throws deep and not just once a game but at least 10 times, its a good way to keep me honest.

Seeing a lot more batted balls at the line of scrimmage. I think recruiting will be very important and having a good set of LBs and Safeties will be crucial to stopping the offense.

I like the new cut scenes and game tracks...YES you will be skipping the intros after the 1st 5 times.

Peeves - the new zones and heightened D awareness will result in a lot more Ints which is going to piss off a lot of people, simply cuz the CPU D plays zone 80% of the time. But this is how zone really works in real life, good Qbs can pick it apart but if you rush the throw or throw flat footed or off your back foot its pick time.

Dont like that i cant trigger the TD celebrations but oh well they are still kinda random.

Oh yeah please patch back in the pre endzone celebrations when you have broken a long TD.

Still havent knocked over a pylon, but i have played with Texas and i have seen and heard the cannon.

and although i know people hate it the grass does look great in replays...:D

Just my observations for the moment.

Good observations.

I have also found that running with your QB is more realistic. I have had some real nice runs with Jordan Jefferson.

OLATHExSOONER
07-13-2011, 11:25 AM
Abolutely fantastic game, I like the challenge of passing but there are way too many coverage sacks. Great game though both visually and in gameplay :D

JBHuskers
07-13-2011, 11:28 AM
Abolutely fantastic game, I like the challenge of passing but there are way too many coverage sacks. Great game though both visually and in gameplay :D

Maybe you're just enjoying the view too much, then you get sacked :D

AustinWolv
07-13-2011, 11:34 AM

Oh yeah, CPU will definitely go after you deep if you leave a guy hanging out alone.

jaymo76
07-13-2011, 11:37 AM
is this AA or Heisman?

AA... I only play AA because from one year to the next I just can't stand the Heisman cheating moments in every game.

cjg225
07-13-2011, 11:57 AM
I'm not a great player, I won't lie... but I am extremely frustrated. Penn State's defense (and I assume it's not Penn State, but rather a user-controlled D) is awful. I've played 4-5 games so far and my defense can't defend the pass to save its life, especially the long ball. I mean, it's not like I'm blitzing the house every play. I am playing some conservative coverages mixed with some blitzes and no matter the defensive play, the CPU seems to have amazing accuracy on the long ball. Conversely, my own receivers don't even want to try to catch passes. I've had PSU's Derek Moye (91 rating Impact Player) just not go up for passes. Several times, he's actually gone down into the stance that you see corners in who are matched up on a receiver pre-snap, and the ball just sails over him or the DB actually jumps and tips it/picks it.

I've played both good and bad teams. Eastern Michigan is horrific, but they're on PSU's schedule for 2011. Their O just marched up and down on my D. It's like their pass O was run by the 2001 St. Louis Rams. My coverages (again, mixing it up, not always conservative, not always aggressive) were useless. Never had good position.

Passing is impossible. I've never liked to pass a lot, but since the flats are now completely useless and rush D can get pretty stingy at times, I basically have to pass downfield more. My receivers hardly ever get open, and when they do, it's usually too late as I am scrambling for my life or already on the turf.

I HAVE noticed that scrambling the QB is easier and more effective now. I actually have found that if I run a bootleg, I can get pretty good yardage routinely.

Again, I know I probably am just really bad, but I am very frustrated by how good the CPU Pass D and CPU Pass O are and how atrocious my CPU-controlled pass D players are. I think I'm going to try coaching a game or two this evening to see if, when the entire team is controlled by the CPU, whether PSU does much better.

Paakaa10
07-13-2011, 11:59 AM
Again, I know I probably am just really bad, but I am very frustrated by how good the CPU Pass D and CPU Pass O are and how atrocious my CPU-controlled pass D players are. I think I'm going to try coaching a game or two this evening to see if, when the entire team is controlled by the CPU, whether PSU does much better.

Out of curiosity, what difficulty level are you playing on and have you altered any sliders?

Pig Bomb
07-13-2011, 12:06 PM
AA... I only play AA because from one year to the next I just can't stand the Heisman cheating moments in every game.

FYI...there were 40 players last year that averaged 5.8 or more per carry [30 players averaged over 6 yards per carry]...so if you are good on the stick playing on AA [vs not so good competition as you said] I would expect the same

cjg225
07-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Out of curiosity, what difficulty level are you playing on and have you altered any sliders?
I am playing All-American level and I haven't touched any sliders from default.

I only upgrade NCAA every few years (I've only ever had '99, '03, and '08), so I forget about some options. A friend of mine told me earlier to play around with the sliders. I'll have to look into that.

Pantera1968
07-13-2011, 12:24 PM
I have only played RTG so far (waiting for rosters to start my dynasty). While I think some of the depth they added to the mode is pretty cool, most of the play calling is STILL atrocious! I remember reading somewhere a while ago about someone from EA telling one of the mods that they wanted to assure everyone that the play calling was better . . . sorry, IMHO it just isn't so.

In high school, using a team builder team with a balanced run playbook, nearly EVERY time my team was in a two-minute drill, 90% of the time the play call was 4 verticals. Are there really NO other intermediate-range passing plays that can be called except a hail mary?

My brother was telling me about an experience he had in college where his team was trailing by a TD, less than a minute to go in the game. No time outs remaining. Ball on the opponents 10 yards. CPU calls two running plays in a row so he loses the game. DOH!

psuexv
07-13-2011, 12:57 PM
I am playing All-American level and I haven't touched any sliders from default.

I only upgrade NCAA every few years (I've only ever had '99, '03, and '08), so I forget about some options. A friend of mine told me earlier to play around with the sliders. I'll have to look into that.

I played with PSU and I'm not seeing those issues. The only game I played with the I beat MSU and had 2 picks and 3 or so sacks. I did have some issues stopping the run but their RB and Oline are pretty decent.

Also passing was so/so, Bolden did throw 5 TDs but I pass a lot.

I'd suggest using Steelerfan's sliders, they're a pretty good set for AA
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2600-steelerfan-s-Slider-Work-and-Stats-Thread-(NCAA-12)&p=77134&viewfull=1#post77134

cjg225
07-13-2011, 01:09 PM
I played with PSU and I'm not seeing those issues. The only game I played with the I beat MSU and had 2 picks and 3 or so sacks. I did have some issues stopping the run but their RB and Oline are pretty decent.

Also passing was so/so, Bolden did throw 5 TDs but I pass a lot.

I'd suggest using Steelerfan's sliders, they're a pretty good set for AA
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2600-steelerfan-s-Slider-Work-and-Stats-Thread-(NCAA-12)&p=77134&viewfull=1#post77134
Well, I guess that proves then that it's just that I am terrible at the game. lol

What types of passes do you throw? I was one of those guys who lived on the flats (to the RBs or quick release to a TE) for passing with the occasional deep pass on a corner or fade. It seems like whenever I throw anything else I get picked or sacked (waiting for a route to develop).

psuexv
07-13-2011, 01:21 PM
Well, I guess that proves then that it's just that I am terrible at the game. lol

What types of passes do you throw? I was one of those guys who lived on the flats (to the RBs or quick release to a TE) for passing with the occasional deep pass on a corner or fade. It seems like whenever I throw anything else I get picked or sacked (waiting for a route to develop).

LOL, I wouldn't say terrible.

I throw a little bit of everything, corner routes, drags, curls, posts, I love throwing to the TE. All of those passes are still there but you definitely need to read the D and not force.

As far as the RBs in the Flats, that has really been improved upon with the advances to the defense and in particular zone defense.

BTW - good to see a PSU fan from Central Pa here, never can be enough.

JBHuskers
07-13-2011, 01:25 PM
Yeah for sure. Passing is a whole new animal now with the improved defense. It's going to take some work.

ryby6969
07-13-2011, 01:31 PM
Question, is there really a waiting list for advancing OD's this year? I have read this at a few places but seems to be on 360 so I am just checking.

psuexv
07-13-2011, 01:32 PM
What types of passes do you throw? I was one of those guys who lived on the flats (to the RBs or quick release to a TE)

Yeah for sure. Passing is a whole new animal now with the improved defense. It's going to take some work.

I think Herbie says it the best here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xwr5KWSAHE&feature=player_detailpage#t=85s

JBHuskers
07-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Question, is there really a waiting list for advancing OD's this year? I have read this at a few places but seems to be on 360 so I am just checking.

Yes, from what I have heard, all-in-all it will be a much more efficient system. But it could be a bitch the first week.

ram29jackson
07-13-2011, 01:38 PM

I dont know that Pass defense is improved?...they just move around alot more ...CB's and Safeties will still sit there-not react- when a ball goes by in the endzone unless user controlled, maybe not all the time but its something we are familiar with..the LBs are the best pass defenders in the game like last year haha

I made my high school team and added the name of a friend who was on the team (no , I didnt play high school football )
I was slightly shocked and amused that the announcer said his name :D also because my friends last name is ...Belcher :)

JBHuskers
07-13-2011, 01:38 PM
I think Herbie says it the best here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xwr5KWSAHE&feature=player_detailpage#t=85s

I remind CDJ of this daily :D

gschwendt
07-13-2011, 01:41 PM
I imagine it's largely just to ensure that their servers are up to snuff to handle the traffic. As ODs begin to die out and as the advance schedules (ie this dynasty advances tomorrow, this one advances 5 days from now) spread out a bit more, I don't think you'll see it as often if at all.

psuexv
07-13-2011, 01:41 PM
I dont know that Pass defense is improved?...they just move around alot more ...CB's and Safeties will still sit there-not react- when a ball goes by in the endzone unless user controlled, maybe not all the time but its something we are familiar with..the LBs are the best pass defenders in the game like last year haha

All I can say is I ran some in routes and drags last night against some zone coverage and there were no holes to be found.

cjg225
07-13-2011, 01:43 PM
LOL, I wouldn't say terrible.

I throw a little bit of everything, corner routes, drags, curls, posts, I love throwing to the TE. All of those passes are still there but you definitely need to read the D and not force.

As far as the RBs in the Flats, that has really been improved upon with the advances to the defense and in particular zone defense.

BTW - good to see a PSU fan from Central Pa here, never can be enough.
I try to mix up some of my pass plays, but it seems like my guys are never open, and when they are, the route is jumped easily by the time the ball is half-way there. I'll be practicing more tonight, for sure.

And yeah, I'm actually a student at Penn State. I'm heading into my 7th year (four years undergrad and heading into my third year of grad school). Definitely a lot of NCAA going on around campus right now. lol

On another note... Does anyone have an issue where the game momentarily freezes? I see the game freeze for like a couple seconds. The audio keeps going, but the video just freezes.

Also, when I was playing this morning, Herbie's voice track (and only his) would skip for a split-second. It would just drop a word and there'd be a noticeable gap in his statement.

ram29jackson
07-13-2011, 01:45 PM
All I can say is I ran some in routes and drags last night against some zone coverage and there were no holes to be found.

that doesnt counter or disprove anything I said.

psuexv
07-13-2011, 01:49 PM
that doesnt counter or disprove anything I said.

Sorry I guess I should have elaborated a little more. Last year drags and ins were not covered well at all by zone coverage. The WR would just run through the zone and the defender would just stand there. So far from what I have seen in this year, the CPU actually plays zone coverage and hands the WR off so there is not much room for a throw at all.

So in conclusion, I would say yes, the defense is improved and the guys merely do not "move" around and just sit there.

ram29jackson
07-13-2011, 02:06 PM
Sorry I guess I should have elaborated a little more. Last year drags and ins were not covered well at all by zone coverage. The WR would just run through the zone and the defender would just stand there. So far from what I have seen in this year, the CPU actually plays zone coverage and hands the WR off so there is not much room for a throw at all.

So in conclusion, I would say yes, the defense is improved and the guys merely do not "move" around and just sit there.

the players move around in the zones better but alot of the pass defense reactions are still the same as last year. in the red zone they can still become pretty useless and not go after the ball in the back of the endzone.

by the way- do you guys play on normal or slow speed? ive left mine on normal and have no idea what slow does...?

cjg225
07-13-2011, 02:56 PM
by the way- do you guys play on normal or slow speed? ive left mine on normal and have no idea what slow does...?
Definitely saw this happen. That's how EMU (awful team) got two TDs on me.

ram29jackson
07-13-2011, 03:01 PM
I could be wrong, but over the last 3 years- being that this is an animated game- the players seem more seperate from their environment then they did last year..

Rudy
07-13-2011, 04:36 PM
I was disappointed last night in that I spent most of my time on All American and even with big slider boosts for the cpu the cpu offence was fairly bad imo. Their running game is weak and the RBs don't stand out at all. Despite playing against Rex Burkhead with UM and against Trent Richardson with OU they did very little against me. I still feel they neutered the RB moves too much and it really hurts the cpu ground game as a result. I feel we will have to jack up the cpu RBA to very high levels to see competent RB play. I will spend the next couple of days exclusively on Heisman. I played a little bit this morning and last night on Heisman and it seemed better. Only played about 2.5 games on AA and maybe one game on Heisman. I did have one freeze on a PS3 game.

I do like the zone coverage. I can call these plays without knowing they will fail. Plus you can still find holes and busted coverages. The middle of the field may be too open on AA so we'll see how it is on Heisman. EA needs to fix the cpu attempting FGs they have no chance at getting. This was a problem in last year's game too (Heisman only). They tried a 62 yarder this morning and even Nessler was bitching them out.

Play action is a lot better. I personally think the toned down suction blocking/tackling has been overblown (nice but not a huge difference) but I do like all the animations and organic tackles and clean ups I'm seeing. Cpu QBs scramble so much better now. Taylor Martinez took off quite a few times and it actually affected my strategy. I had to actually call spies and watch for him scrambling.

Cpu time and game management doesn't seem much different. Still seeing timeouts at 2:00 and then OU running a QB option with Landry Jones coming out of the timeout. Not good. No human player would be calling that stuff. Game track barely shows up. I want more stats during the game. In NCAA 09 they used to at least flash the result of each play on the screen. I like the way CBS has stats in NFL games after every play by the score clock. They rotate individual plays along with game totals which adds to the game. I wish you could import stadium sounds from the previous game or at least default the team back to the one you just edited instead of the beginning. Sucks when editing Michigan stadium sounds.

Anyways I need more time on Heisman and hopefully I'll be able to use sliders to balance out the game. I just didn't have much fun on AA last night.

(I haven't had time to read all the other posts yet. Was playing last night and have been busy).

Edit: I loaded 3 videos and I can't find them on EA Sportsworld at all. Any idea where they are? My wife has her e-mail in there but I checked her account and they aren't there either.

keyser soze
07-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Rudy - Any chance that Heisman default sliders might be fun to play?

Rudy
07-13-2011, 04:55 PM
I will say that the players seem hard to control, not sure exactly how to explain it. That is probably due to being so use to suction. Now when I try to fill a hole of a play that I've read I either get ran by instantly or miss the tackle all together.

It's the lack of player weight and momentum. It actually makes it harder to get to the spot you want to as you end up zigzagging everywhere. Just like how hard it is to switch to a gunner and keep the punt from getting into the end zone. More player weight made plays like that easier on the PS2 versions.

Rudy
07-13-2011, 04:56 PM
Rudy - Any chance that Heisman default sliders might be fun to play?

Normally I would get killed by Heisman default but I don't think I will be that far off on Heisman default this year. Will get more time in tonight and find out.

kindella2
07-13-2011, 05:00 PM
Yeah i am missing tackles and it seems like punts are a little over powered and they all go into the endzone.

I am really a fan of the new tackling system, i have seen some pretty rough hits. I think KO and P returns are right where they should be...there is the possibility but its not guaranteed (IMO).

Has anyone seen the NC title celebration? I havent and usually someone has already seen it and put it on YouTube.

UGA14
07-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Only had a little time with it. I wish the gameplay graphics were as good as the replays and cutscenes.

cjg225
07-13-2011, 05:29 PM
I was disappointed last night in that I spent most of my time on All American and even with big slider boosts for the cpu the cpu offence was fairly bad imo. Their running game is weak and the RBs don't stand out at all. Despite playing against Rex Burkhead with UM and against Trent Richardson with OU they did very little against me. I still feel they neutered the RB moves too much and it really hurts the cpu ground game as a result. I feel we will have to jack up the cpu RBA to very high levels to see competent RB play. I will spend the next couple of days exclusively on Heisman. I played a little bit this morning and last night on Heisman and it seemed better. Only played about 2.5 games on AA and maybe one game on Heisman. I did have one freeze on a PS3 game.

I do like the zone coverage. I can call these plays without knowing they will fail. Plus you can still find holes and busted coverages. The middle of the field may be too open on AA so we'll see how it is on Heisman.
You are better than me, then. lol

I've had the CPU bust a few long runs for TDs on me, and the ground game isn't bad overall. Of course, the CPU usually doesn't run on me; they pass and pass VERY well. lol

souljahbill
07-13-2011, 05:58 PM
In RTG, I found this upgrade pack and it's description hilarious!
:up:http://tapatalk.com/mu/63bcbc0e-2312-df14.jpg

I OU a Beatn
07-13-2011, 06:00 PM
Found my problem. Apparently QB accuracy means a lot more this year in past years. I've been using FSU for the most part and couldn't connect on anything. I grabbed Texas Tech, made a few minor tweaks to my playbook, and proceeded to put up 400 yards. It was probably a fluke, but I do have reason to be hopeful.

ryby6969
07-13-2011, 06:03 PM
Yeah, I noticed this in my first game I played as Miami. It was like I was watching a real life J. Harris throw the ball. :(

gschwendt
07-13-2011, 06:26 PM
Found my problem. Apparently QB accuracy means a lot more this year in past years. I've been using FSU for the most part and couldn't connect on anything. I grabbed Texas Tech, made a few minor tweaks to my playbook, and proceeded to put up 400 yards. It was probably a fluke, but I do have reason to be hopeful.No... QB accuracy is much more important this year. I can have a pedestrian day with an average QB but as soon as I get the QB from Houston, I can light it up all over the field. I played Oneback (GT vs Houston (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MaMGWctQSc)) and threw for around 350 on 5 minute quarters.

ram29jackson
07-13-2011, 06:29 PM
cosmetic problem in Road To Glory mode-

imported opponents from teambuilder and the week 1 team has the helmet logo of the team I dont play till week 10 or 11.

I OU a Beatn
07-13-2011, 07:01 PM
No... QB accuracy is much more important this year. I can have a pedestrian day with an average QB but as soon as I get the QB from Houston, I can light it up all over the field. I played Oneback (GT vs Houston (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MaMGWctQSc)) and threw for around 350 on 5 minute quarters.

Yeah, I'm having more success now using Texas Tech. He's not the most accurate passer in the world, but it's night and day compared to using the QB at FSU. He was overthrowing EVERYTHING which would constantly lead to picks. I just thought it was the how the game was setup, but I'm having much less trouble with TTU.

I also made a ton of tweaks to my custom play book I was using. In recent years, I've always used the deep ball(streaks, posts, crossing routes, corners, etc..) to open up the running game. I've got a lot more 5 Wide and Tight formations and am using the mesh method a lot more. I'm getting there, but I'm not quite there yet. A lot of people online cover the middle with a LB or Safety, so I want to make sure I have something to attack other parts of the field before I go back online with it.

griffin2608
07-13-2011, 07:19 PM
Some of my random thoughts
The Defensive game is at least playable now
The tackling is at times eye candy
I don't know what it is but you don't feel in control of the players some times especially on d
The glitches with the playbook and game freezes are piss poor. I don't understand why this is just now coming out. There have been people who have been playing this game way before street date and this stuff is just now coming out. Maybe the early guys have all been playing on the ps3 and the ps3 version is more polished?IDK.
Lack of polish comes to mind

I OU a Beatn
07-13-2011, 08:12 PM
Played an online game using Texas Tech against my opponent's Alabama and put up 300 yards passing and 5 Touchdowns in an amazing game which I'm not going to spoil as I'll be posting highlights tomorrow. I all but abandoned the run, but I can work on that.

cjg225
07-13-2011, 08:12 PM
Played two more games tonight and won both. Didn't play stellar teams, and I tweaked a bunch of sliders a little. Definitely still having issues with the passing game. Can't seem to get guys open, and sacks come quickly when I wait.

One of the two games I played I used Coach Mode. Wow. I really liked that, actually. Okay, so I wasn't in control of individual players, so it wasn't as draining, but I felt like I could actually analyze plays a bit more now. Analyzing plays while on D was harder, but I think on O, when I control the snap, it was very easy to take my time, read the defense, and edit plays to take advantage of what the Iowa defense was showing me. I was less than 50% passing, but I had two 25+ yard TD throws including one to a WIDE open receiver down the sideline thanks to the deep safety biting hard on play action (I had been running probably 75% of the time up until then). Too bad when I am controlling the QB that never happens.

I might play Coach Mode more often now. It was very enjoyable, and when Penn State's CPU controlled players made errors, I didn't feel as frustrated because at least it's the CPU's choice and not mine. Conversely, the CPU can also make some better decisions than me (not all the time; took some dumb sacks) on passes and control them much better.

natcret
07-13-2011, 08:27 PM
I don't know if this has been discussed yet:

Under "Play Now", when you select Practice and select the Controls to Coach, when you use the indoor stadium, the roof of the field will block the on field view that is set by design for coach mode.

So if you set this mode, select the practice field instead of the indoor one.

I did check an indoor stadium at random (Georgia Dome) and there was no problem under Coach mode.

SmoothPancakes
07-13-2011, 09:06 PM

Yes, from what I have heard, all-in-all it will be a much more efficient system. But it could be a bitch the first week.

I can confirm this, at least for the time being. I started up a single player OD last night just to try out some stuff, and I had to sit in a waiting queue to advance from the preseason to week 1. I was sitting in 89th position when I first joined the list. Took an hour and 3 minutes just to advance out of the preseason. Granted, the game had only been out for 24 hours at this point, so there is going to be a TON of ODs creating and advancing these couple of days. But that was just in general my experience last night.

ram29jackson
07-13-2011, 10:00 PM
in road to glory, my team went for it on 4th and 11 with a 31- 8 lead in the game ...?

TcuFrog5
07-13-2011, 11:35 PM
okay so whats up with the features such as the american flag covering the field before the bowl game? i havent seen it yet..why is that?

Paakaa10
07-13-2011, 11:40 PM
okay so whats up with the features such as the american flag covering the field before the bowl game? i havent seen it yet..why is that?

Don't know this for certain, but I believe the American Flag intro you mention may be specific to the BCS Bowls or the BCS National Championship Game. I'll try to check this out tomorrow in Dynasty to see for sure.

If you select to play at a Bowl Game stadium in Play Now, I don't believe that the game intro matches what you would see in Dynasty.

Rudy
07-14-2011, 05:07 AM
Well Heisman is a lot better for me. The cpu offence is a lot better so I will be staying on this difficulty. But please get the devs to fix the cpu FG attempts from long range where they have no chance to make it. This problem was in NCAA 11 so I thought it would have been fixed although it's only an issue on Heisman.

I think there are still a few too many tipped balls. Both from the DL and from LBs underneath. My passing game is really bad on Heisman. I lost to Wisconsin 31-6 with Iowa. They ran for over 200 yards with two long runs after the RB got trapped in the line only to pop it out later on a missed tackle. Much better but my QB was 8-36 with 99 yards. I couldn't complete a pass downfield if my life depended on it. I know I was able to hit some deep balls on AA and I know Iowa's passing attack is not good but I was scary bad.

QB accuracy is huge this year. Played a half against Oregon at home with UM and I was losing 10-7. Still concerned about the cpu spread but Denard went down and Gardner came in with 73 ACC and was all over the place with the ball.

Jayrah
07-14-2011, 05:24 AM
Well Heisman is a lot better for me. The cpu offence is a lot better so I will be staying on this difficulty. But please get the devs to fix the cpu FG attempts from long range where they have no chance to make it. This problem was in NCAA 11 so I thought it would have been fixed although it's only an issue on Heisman.

I think there are still a few too many tipped balls. Both from the DL and from LBs underneath. My passing game is really bad on Heisman. I lost to Wisconsin 31-6 with Iowa. They ran for over 200 yards with two long runs after the RB got trapped in the line only to pop it out later on a missed tackle. Much better but my QB was 8-36 with 99 yards. I couldn't complete a pass downfield if my life depended on it. I know I was able to hit some deep balls on AA and I know Iowa's passing attack is not good but I was scary bad.

QB accuracy is huge this year. Played a half against Oregon at home with UM and I was losing 10-7. Still concerned about the cpu spread but Denard went down and Gardner came in with 73 ACC and was all over the place with the ball.
To go along with that, over the shoulder ints are far too common, even on AA which is what I'm playing on. default sliders. Db's are picking off many things that should be out of play for them to do so. It's happened at least 5 times now where my WR has a step on the outside, or is crossing the middle of the field, and I lob it in or throw some touch on it, only for the defender to flawlessly turn and pick it off over his shoulder (which is a difficult catch to make). Nothing broken, I would just like a patch to fix these plays to knockdowns more often than not because it kills drives when actually you made a decent decision with the ball, and it seems even in that situation, it's more risk than reward to even throw it.

Other than that I'm loving this thing.

ThatSnickelfritz
07-14-2011, 06:45 AM
I'm sure nobody cares but to reference my earlier anger in this thread...it turns out my PS3's blu-ray drive is messed up...I sold all my PS3 games a while ago to wait for this game and have essentially no blue ray movies...so while watching non-blu ray "Always Sunny" seasons for the past months waiting for July 12th, I didn't realize my PS3 was broken. Found out after tryin to play my dude Danny Webster (ECU WR FR) in the first games. Kept freezin, looked up online found out what's wrong. So I gotta buy a new PS3 early next week to FINALLY be able to play the game...I've heard there's a market for backwards compatible PS3's, especially ones that can be more easily fixed liked mine. So if you guys know anything about this, or are interested let me know. Look forward to catching up to guys gaming

ThatSnickelfritz
07-14-2011, 06:48 AM
Aaand I returned that first game because I thought it was my game not the PS3 (obviously game wasn't messed up)...so that's my revenge on EA for missing ECU's stadium. Buzz around here is there's gonna be alot of students e-mailing and pushing to get this in a patch somehow...Don't know if it'll work or if it's even possible but a lot of students are mad here

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2011, 06:53 AM
I'm sure nobody cares but to reference my earlier anger in this thread...it turns out my PS3's blu-ray drive is messed up...I sold all my PS3 games a while ago to wait for this game and have essentially no blue ray movies...so while watching non-blu ray "Always Sunny" seasons for the past months waiting for July 12th, I didn't realize my PS3 was broken. Found out after tryin to play my dude Danny Webster (ECU WR FR) in the first games. Kept freezin, looked up online found out what's wrong. So I gotta buy a new PS3 early next week to FINALLY be able to play the game...I've heard there's a market for backwards compatible PS3's, especially ones that can be more easily fixed liked mine. So if you guys know anything about this, or are interested let me know. Look forward to catching up to guys gaming

Damn, sorry to hear that man. :( At least you were able to figure out what the actual problem was and get it corrected in due time. A lot better than not having idea as to what exactly is wrong and trying multiple things and having none of them work. Something like that would get my blood pressure rising.

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2011, 06:56 AM
Aaand I returned that first game because I thought it was my game not the PS3 (obviously game wasn't messed up)...so that's my revenge on EA for missing ECU's stadium. Buzz around here is there's gonna be alot of students e-mailing and pushing to get this in a patch somehow...Don't know if it'll work or if it's even possible but a lot of students are mad here

I'll be honest, I have absolutely no clue about anything regarding East Carolina, so I am entering this in the blind. What exactly is wrong with ECU's stadium? Is it something physical with the staidum, like a scoreboard, stands, or pressbox? Or it is something with the field art or endzones?

If it's the physical stadium itself, I'd say they're probably wasting their time regarding emailing about getting it patched in, as, as far as I know, stuff like the actual stadiums aren't things that could be patched in, and those students will have to wait until next year instead. If that's the case, at least with all the emailing they're doing, EA should know what needs fixed come next year. :D

If it's the field art or endzones, I have no clue if that is something that EA could put into a patch. Maybe our community day guys know if something like field art would be patchable?

morsdraconis
07-14-2011, 07:02 AM
If I remember correctly, it's the field art Smooth. The logo in the center of the field is incorrect.

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2011, 07:04 AM
If I remember correctly, it's the field art Smooth. The logo in the center of the field is incorrect.

Ahh, ok. I'll have to take a look at ECU in game here a little bit and compare it to pictures online, just to see what EA managed to screw up. Yeah, as far as field art, I don't know if that's something EA can patch in or not. I have no clue when it comes to stuff like stadiums and whatnot.

morsdraconis
07-14-2011, 07:06 AM
Ahh, ok. I'll have to take a look at ECU in game here a little bit and compare it to pictures online, just to see what EA managed to screw up. Yeah, as far as field art, I don't know if that's something EA can patch in or not. I have no clue when it comes to stuff like stadiums and whatnot.

Pretty sure they could possibly patch it in, but I think the issue isn't them being incorrect or lazy. They only have so many people to do graphics stuff and it's difficult when you have teams changing stuff after they've already done their stadium change research (which I think is the case with this, but, again, I could be wrong).

cjg225
07-14-2011, 07:08 AM
To go along with that, over the shoulder ints are far too common, even on AA which is what I'm playing on. default sliders. Db's are picking off many things that should be out of play for them to do so. It's happened at least 5 times now where my WR has a step on the outside, or is crossing the middle of the field, and I lob it in or throw some touch on it, only for the defender to flawlessly turn and pick it off over his shoulder (which is a difficult catch to make).
Yeah, I've noticed that, as well. I've benefited from it a few times, sure, but it is annoying that the DBs are waaaay better receivers than the actual receivers in this game.

I think my PS3 may be on its last legs. The fan just roars when I play regular DVDs or PS3 games (only some) for 30+ minutes (oddly enough, it doesn't seem to do that when I watch a BluRay DVD). I'm worried. It's running fairly hot.

When I was picking up my preorder of '12 on Tuesday, I inquired about how much I'd get for the PS3 in trade. I'd get a little bit less than half the cost of an 80 gig refurbed system at GameStop. Didn't realize that SONY killed backwards compatibility with the new PS3s. The backwards compatible ones are pretty expensive. I don't play PS2 games often, but I do sometimes. I have probably 20 PS2 games left.

I'd suggest trying to get it repaired at a local shop (there's one in my apartment building, actually) and see if you can then sell it.

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2011, 07:15 AM
Pretty sure they could possibly patch it in, but I think the issue isn't them being incorrect or lazy. They only have so many people to do graphics stuff and it's difficult when you have teams changing stuff after they've already done their stadium change research (which I think is the case with this, but, again, I could be wrong).

Oh I know. I don't think EA just doesn't give a damn or is lazy about it. I realize they only have so many people, that schools change stuff, or in regards to various uniforms and stadium expansions/projects, some of the schools expressly tell EA they don't want a certain uniform in the game or they don't want the new stadium in the game yet because it's not done in real life. Of course, EA is going to catch hell from gamers about that because they don't realize it was the school that requested/made EA leave this out or not do that. So I always give EA the benefit of the doubt when it comes to unis and stadiums.

If it was just a simple mistake by EA, or it was a change the school made and it was too late in the process for EA to get it in the game, if it was something that could be patched in, maybe EA will listen to all the emails and they'll go ahead and do it for the ECU fans.

morsdraconis
07-14-2011, 07:20 AM
Yeah man, that was towards the ECU guy talkin' about it than you. I'm no EA fanboy, but I also understand the dev cycle and how that all works when it comes to graphical updates. Not to mention all the red tape and hoops they have to jump through with 120 colleges (like with what you described).

ThatSnickelfritz
07-14-2011, 07:21 AM
Oh I know. I don't think EA just doesn't give a damn or is lazy about it. I realize they only have so many people, that schools change stuff, or in regards to various uniforms and stadium expansions/projects, some of the schools expressly tell EA they don't want a certain uniform in the game or they don't want the new stadium in the game yet because it's not done in real life. Of course, EA is going to catch hell from gamers about that because they don't realize it was the school that requested/made EA leave this out or not do that. So I always give EA the benefit of the doubt when it comes to unis and stadiums.

If it was just a simple mistake by EA, or it was a change the school made and it was too late in the process for EA to get it in the game, if it was something that could be patched in, maybe EA will listen to all the emails and they'll go ahead and do it for the ECU fans.

Naw it's an expansion in the endzone opposite the Murphy center that they missed. It has a new scoreboard above that section as well. I just don't get why they updated such smaller, less prestigious schools stadiums and not ours. They got the Field Art correct, it's flawless...as well as we now have names added to our jerseys which they (very surprisingly) got correct too. So if the field art is correct...they obviously saw it and forgot(?) the stadium part. That's the part that bothers me the most is that it doesn't really make sense to fix everything but the most important part....But regarding my PS3 yes that first day was extremely frustrating but thank god for the internet, figure out the exact problem and now I can maybe put it on Craig's List because I know somebody can fix it relatively cheaply but I'm not tech savvy and would rather have a new one with a warranty.

morsdraconis
07-14-2011, 07:24 AM
Naw it's an expansion in the endzone opposite the Murphy center that they missed. It has a new scoreboard above that section as well. I just don't get why they updated such smaller, less prestigious schools stadiums and not ours. They got the Field Art correct, it's flawless as well as we added names to our jerseys which they (very surprisingly) got correct to. So if the field art is correct...they obviously saw it and forgot(?) the stadium part. That's the part that bothers me the most is that it doesn't really make sense to fix everything but the most important part....But regarding my PS3 yes that first day was extremely frustrating but thank god for the internet, figure out the exact problem and now I can maybe put it on Craig's List because I know somebody can fix it relatively cheaply but I'm not tech savvy and would rather have a new one with a warranty.

Ah. When did ECU add the stadium expansion? Was it just this year? After February? If so, it's probably likely that it wasn't finished yet when they did their annual trips around the country for stadium upgrade purposes.

As for the PS3 and issues. It's really just replacing the Blu-ray drive. Unless it's one of the old PS3's that's making noise from the fan and stuff as well, it'd be MUCH cheaper to just replace the blu-ray drive (if you don't know anyone that can do that, I might be able to point you in the direction of someone that can).

ThatSnickelfritz
07-14-2011, 07:24 AM
I feel like the ECU thing has been beat to death because we, online, have known about it for a while...but for the average gamer who just got the game yesterday it just re-opened Pandora's box here. I have a gym class in the morning (which I actually have to leave for in an hour) with a lot of the football players here and they were screaming yesterday about it.

ThatSnickelfritz
07-14-2011, 07:26 AM
Ah. When did ECU add the stadium expansion? Was it just this year? After February? If so, it's probably likely that it wasn't finished yet when they did they annual trips around the country for stadium upgrade purposes.

Naw it was done for the season opener LAST season. AAAND that game was on ESPN...aaand it was the hail mary game vs Tulsa which was probably the best opening week game...I really feel like EA messed up. I mean you update AKRON ranked #120 in the game and not us...really?

ThatSnickelfritz
07-14-2011, 07:30 AM
Yeah man, that was towards the ECU guy talkin' about it than you. I'm no EA fanboy, but I also understand the dev cycle and how that all works when it comes to graphical updates. Not to mention all the red tape and hoops they have to jump through with 120 colleges (like with what you described).

And yeah I mean I'm mad but...I feel like it was a mistake. It only effects us here in Greenville, NC so it doesn't effect alot of people but hopefully if we here make enough noise they'll make a small effort to change it. Atleast that's my hope.

morsdraconis
07-14-2011, 07:31 AM
Naw it was done for the season opener LAST season. AAAND that game was on ESPN...aaand it was the hail mary game vs Tulsa which was probably the best opening week game...I really feel like EA messed up. I mean you update AKRON ranked #120 in the game and not us...really?

Well, Akron's update was set from the year before. They were just waiting on it to be completely done (per the school's request) before adding it into the game.

As for it not being updated, when it comes to stadium expansions like that, it's very difficult for them to get them all. I'm sure there are quite a few big schools that don't have their stuff completely up to date either so it's definitely not just ECU.

morsdraconis
07-14-2011, 07:33 AM
And yeah I mean I'm mad but...I feel like it was a mistake. It only effects us here in Greenville, NC so it doesn't effect alot of people but hopefully if we here make enough noise they'll make a small effort to change it. Atleast that's my hope.

EA most definitely listens to it's fanbase (contrary to what EA haters like to spout). Even something as simple as making a big deal about it (with LOTS of posts) on their main forums or on their facebook page might be enough for them to really pay attention to it.

AustinWolv
07-14-2011, 07:39 AM
Regardless if the DBs pick off too many passes, it comes down to if you should have thrown the pass or not. As someone else posted the other day, we've been spoiled in past versions of throwing money/gift routes that always worked regardless of the coverage. There are guys open on most plays, you just have to find them. If you force it, you'll get picked. I do understand the reservation about DBs being able to too easily get over-the-shoulder picks though, but I need to experiment more and see about what kind of touch to put on the ball to remove that concern instead of just thinking it is the game's problem yet.

morsdraconis
07-14-2011, 07:43 AM
Regardless if the DBs pick off too many passes, it comes down to if you should have thrown the pass or not. As someone else posted the other day, we've been spoiled in past versions of throwing money/gift routes that always worked regardless of the coverage. There are guys open on most plays, you just have to find them. If you force it, you'll get picked. I do understand the reservation about DBs being able to too easily get over-the-shoulder picks though, but I need to experiment more and see about what kind of touch to put on the ball to remove that concern instead of just thinking it is the game's problem yet.

That was my thought process as well. I'm curious if these picks are actually deep balls that are underthrown because the QB people are using doesn't have the arm strength to make that throw (a throw that's VERY hard to make if the QB doesn't have NFL caliber arm strength - 90 would be my cutoff for that).

ThatSnickelfritz
07-14-2011, 07:53 AM
EA most definitely listens to it's fanbase (contrary to what EA haters like to spout). Even something as simple as making a big deal about it (with LOTS of posts) on their main forums or on their facebook page might be enough for them to really pay attention to it.

Exactly my view. I mean, I'm an NCAA Football fan...I have the game, I mean hell I'm buying a new PS3 just so I can play it...I'll be playing no matter what. I know EA has made leaps and bounds to better themselves about listening to it's fanbase and getting what we want it the game. That's why I have hope...if we gotta beat Carolina at home in a night game on whatever the heck channel it's on to make some noise...Then I guess we have our work cut out for us

keyser soze
07-14-2011, 08:27 AM
Is there any way we could get a thread going where everyone only gets 1 post in it and gets to list their POSITIVES and NEGATIVES in some sort of bullet fashion. Then if they want to change something they can go back and EDIT? I think it would be nice to have a place where I can go read people's impressions and not have to scroll through so many pages and posts about nothing really.

Thanks.

AustinWolv
07-14-2011, 09:42 AM
That was my thought process as well. I'm curious if these picks are actually deep balls that are underthrown because the QB people are using doesn't have the arm strength to make that throw (a throw that's VERY hard to make if the QB doesn't have NFL caliber arm strength - 90 would be my cutoff for that).

Agree, and I'll add that one thing I haven't played enough to determine is if using the LS to lead passes is a bigger component than the last couple versions. I've immediately noticed its' help on outs and placing the ball against zones, but haven't gotten the post corners, flags, etc. down yet.
I even played with the GL fade plays a bit and couldn't seem to get the throws how I thought they should be, so left that out of my custom PB as a result. Leading the receiver was huge/noticeable back in NCAA '06, I think it was and then they kinda downtuned it quite a bit in the past few versions. Seems more relevant this year.

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2011, 10:44 AM
cosmetic problem in Road To Glory mode-

imported opponents from teambuilder and the week 1 team has the helmet logo of the team I dont play till week 10 or 11.

ram, I just came across this problem as well. I'm just starting my week 1 game against McComb. Everything on their uniform is correct as I made it in Teambuilder, except, they have the helmet logo of Tinora, the team I don't play until week 10.

cjg225
07-14-2011, 10:58 AM
I think I'm getting a bit better. I'm still incredibly heavily dependent on the run. Silas Redd is a godsend for Penn State (admittedly, I did modify a few of his stats upwards).

I wish Practice was more useful. Manually selecting the defense is not useful. I select what I would select, not what the CPU may select (how do I know what it selects?) in a particular situation for a particular player grouping. It doesn't matter if I can complete these passes against a decent defense in practice. I don't know what an opponent might choose. It's not like I have film on the CPU and can figure out what they usually run as Team X in this down and distance with that player grouping.

But, I am identifying a few useful tidbits. I'm trying to use the middle of the field with Practice passes, but I get the feeling that it won't work in-game. Slants take too long to develop. Whatever happened to the REAL quick slant? Like, one step and then cut? I also found a couple outside passes that seemed to work for decent yards, but not against press coverage and there's a real risk of a sack depending on how the D-Line attacks.

Gah. I hate passing in-game. Touch is impossible to gauge. Defenders are way too omniscient v.s. human-team receivers being waaaay too dumb. Oh, and I noticed another thing. Even physically controlling a receiver, they will NEVER jump for a ball. Ever. Triangle is just catch. It doesn't adjust for the ball and trigger a jump. Meanwhile, the DBs are wearing Air Jordans and jump at everything. That's driving me insane.

Also, is Hot Route --> Right Stick pushed Right supposed to be a fade route? I cannot seem to find a Fade in PSU's playbook at all (which, actually, may make the playbook fairly accurate. lol). I read that topic posted yesterday with the ESPN article and it suggested using Fades in the redzone. I practiced for awhile today and couldn't get a fade to work, if I was even having receivers run that route.

skipwondah33
07-14-2011, 11:02 AM

Can you answer 3 questions about the batted down issue.
1) does the size of your QB matter like it does in real life?
2) does the size and quality of the D-lineman matter like it does in real life?
3) or does this just happen regardless of sizes and stats similar to the offensive centers inability to block this year regardless of relative rating to the rest of the line?

1) I've played with a '6-2", '6-7" and 6'-6" QB. These are the QB's that I started to take notice of it. The passes were batted down intended for WR's 10-15 yards from the LOS and were not all laser passes. I had 2 HB screens batted down when trying to lob over the defender 5 yards coming towards me as well

2) Doesn't seem to matter, '6-1" or '6-2" dlineman seem to have no problems.

3) Yes in the games I've played it would appear so. Meanwhile I've yet to knock down a pass that the CPU has thrown similar to my throws.

Batting down a pass at the LOS has alot of factors in it. The QB's height, type of throw, the d-lineman's height, jumping ability, etc. Most importantly though it is about timing and from what I'm experiencing their timing is off the charts more times than it is not.

Anyone else experiencing this? I played last night with a 6'-3" QB tried to throw a pass 25 yards down field on what I thought was not a bullet pass. I had two DT's jump simultaneously with one blatting down the pass who was 6 yards away from my QB. The DT who batted down the ball was 6'-0".

AustinWolv
07-14-2011, 11:16 AM
I have not had an abundance of throws knocked down at the LOS, seemed very much like a reasonable amount and my defenders have actually knocked down some CPU passes. I did not study them in detail as they struck as realistic at the time.

it suggested using Fades in the redzone. I practiced for awhile today and couldn't get a fade to work
Same here in toying with fades briefly in practice mode.....couldn't really get them to work.

Slants take too long to develop. Whatever happened to the REAL quick slant? Like, one step and then cut?
Look for plays called 'short slant'

skipwondah33
07-14-2011, 11:21 AM
Maybe I don't drop back far enough. If it is a typical drop back I will take a 5 or at most 7 step drop. If its shotgun drop I may or may not take another 3 steps depends.

cjg225
07-14-2011, 11:27 AM
I have not had an abundance of throws knocked down at the LOS, seemed very much like a reasonable amount and my defenders have actually knocked down some CPU passes. I did not study them in detail as they struck as realistic at the time.

Look for plays called 'short slant'
I also have not really had a problem with passes batted down at the LOS. My problems lie with receivers refusing to be aggressive with the ball and DBs taking advantage of that and DBs jumping every route, no matter how far away they start from the receiver. But, I did have some success today in practice using a play that cleared the left corner out deep and had my tightend about a 10-yard yard hook (except it starts out like a corner; don't know what that's called... it isn't a hitch, per se, I think). The LB covering the TE would stay on the TEs butt, even after the turn back to the LOS, and I could move the left stick down and to the left to place the pass down and to the TE's right, using the TE's body to completely shield the LB from the ball. It worked probably 60% of the time for 7-8 yards, probably 10% of the time for more yards, and the rest of the time fell incomplete. But, when I changed the defensive set to a Cover 2 Buc, that route was completely taken away. It only worked in the corner was playing man or in a zone that could take him deep and away.

And I've seen a play called "Quick Slant" on one formation, but it was no different than a regular Slant play.

AustinWolv
07-14-2011, 11:28 AM
I don't drop deep either. However, I tend to get the ball out pretty quick, which I actually need to learn to be more patient and wait on things to develop better.

And I've seen a play called "Quick Slant" on one formation, but it was no different than a regular Slant play.
Keep looking, there is a short slant play. I want to say in the I formation somewhere. The playart was different than regular slant in that it was an immediate slant or perhaps one step and then slant versus the slightly longer upfield and then slant that the regular slant has.
Granted, this was just comparing playart, as I didn't go into practice mode with them.

cjg225
07-14-2011, 11:33 AM
I feel like if I don't drop deep, I'll get sacked pretty quickly.

In practice, I do pay attention to the pocket a bit more and stay in it. For some reason, in a game, I feel like it collapses more quickly and, since it isn't practice, if I'm wrong and it does collapse, the price is higher.

Wolv, quick release is why I asked about the quick slant. When I run a slant, I want it to be a one-step drop, basically. One step drop and fire on a slant in-game basically makes the slant route into a very shortened Go route. lol While practicing earlier, I was testing to see how long it took slants to develop and how effective they were against all the LBs in a zone.

Keep looking, there is a short slant play. I want to say in the I formation somewhere. The playart was different than regular slant in that it was an immediate slant or perhaps one step and then slant versus the slightly longer upfield and then slant that the regular slant has.
Granted, this was just comparing playart, as I didn't go into practice mode with them.
Yes, that's what I'm talking about. I remember in past iterations that the quick-slant basically had no upfield playart. It was essentially a slanted line directly connected to the LOS. I haven't been able to find that, and maybe PSU doesn't have that play, but I'll check later.

skipwondah33
07-14-2011, 11:35 AM
I don't drop deep either. However, I tend to get the ball out pretty quick, which I actually need to learn to be more patient and wait on things to develop better.

As do I so thats why it gets a little frustrating. If I'm taking short drops and getting the ball out quickly you would think the dlineman couldn't react so quickly. Guess I should say I have been playing with the likes of Indiana, FAU, Vandy, Iowa State and similar type teams. Haven't played with any "elite" teams yet.

I'll record a game maybe this evening to give an example. I need to test my PVR anyway on NCAA.

I believe it has to do with ball trajectory. LB's 10-15 yards away from my WR's downfield are able to bat down passes quite frequently as well.

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2011, 11:40 AM
Nice! I'm playing a HS Road to Glory game right now. Absolutely whooping my opponent at their house. With 4:30 left in the game, I just got a cut scene between plays of fans in a section of the stands looking at each other, standing up, and starting to leave their seats. I don't remember at all if that was mentioned in the Q&A threads. I remember the pictures of the differences in how stands looked between the 1st quarter and 4th quarter in a blowout, but don't remember if cut scenes were mentioned. Either way, that was awesome to watch that happen.

cjg225
07-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Nice! I'm playing a HS Road to Glory game right now. Absolutely whooping my opponent at their house. With 4:30 left in the game, I just got a cut scene between plays of fans in a section of the stands looking at each other, standing up, and starting to leave their seats. I don't remember at all if that was mentioned in the Q&A threads. I remember the pictures of the differences in how stands looked between the 1st quarter and 4th quarter in a blowout, but don't remember if cut scenes were mentioned. Either way, that was awesome to watch that happen.
Wow. I wish I could play well enough to see that happen. lol

I haven't really played any away games yet. I'm still trying to find my groove and I'm waiting for the Block-O roster update before I start a Dynasty or Road to Glory.

morsdraconis
07-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Wow. I wish I could play well enough to see that happen. lol

I haven't really played any away games yet. I'm still trying to find my groove and I'm waiting for the Block-O roster update before I start a Dynasty or Road to Glory.

Pretty sure with RTG it doesn't matter if you have named rosters or not because it won't carry them over.

JBHuskers
07-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Pretty sure with RTG it doesn't matter if you have named rosters or not because it won't carry them over.

The rosters will carry over if you choose an existing player starting in college. If you create your player, they won't, they'll either be randomly generated or no rosters.

cjg225
07-14-2011, 11:55 AM
The rosters will carry over if you choose an existing player starting in college. If you create your player, they won't, they'll either be randomly generated or no rosters.
So... I can select any one of the true freshmen on a roster and that will be my RTG character? Did I get it right?

And thanks for the info regarding rosters not carrying over if I want to create my own player.

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2011, 12:00 PM
Alright, just had an issue with Road to Glory. We're the home team. The visiting team won the coin toss, elected to kick. I simulated the kickoff, however, when it came time to go on offense, the game never let me play. I was forced to simulate the entire drive, even though I could see my player's actions on plays showing up in the game summary window. After simulating the entire offensive drive that ended in a touchdown, the game finally let me play when it came time for our defensive series after the kickoff.

So there seems to be some issue when the opposing team elects to kickoff, the game doesn't recognize that it's time for you to take over as your player on the field in the offensive series immediately after the kickoff.

In fact, thinking about it now, it happens with defense too. In my first game, I never got to play as my player on defense until the second time my defense went out on the field. I had to sim through the entire first defensive series after the opening kickoff.

So there's some issue after the opening kickoff that is occurring that is screwing you out of being able to play as your player at all, offense or defense, for that very first series after the kickoff.

griffin2608
07-14-2011, 12:19 PM
It isn't only on kickoffs this will happen any time you use supersim and you are on the field. you can watch until your scheduled time on the field again but you have no control. The glitches affecting this game is a joke.

Alright, just had an issue with Road to Glory. We're the home team. The visiting team won the coin toss, elected to kick. I simulated the kickoff, however, when it came time to go on offense, the game never let me play. I was forced to simulate the entire drive, even though I could see my player's actions on plays showing up in the game summary window. After simulating the entire offensive drive that ended in a touchdown, the game finally let me play when it came time for our defensive series after the kickoff.

So there seems to be some issue when the opposing team elects to kickoff, the game doesn't recognize that it's time for you to take over as your player on the field in the offensive series immediately after the kickoff.
It isn't only on kickoffs. Any time you use super sim while you are on the field when you choose to continue playing you will not have control until the next chance you get to play. You can watch what happens during this time but you have no control. Honestly with the number of glitches in this game we will be finding stuff for a while.
In fact, thinking about it now, it happens with defense too. In my first game, I never got to play as my player on defense until the second time my defense went out on the field. I had to sim through the entire first defensive series after the opening kickoff.

So there's some issue after the opening kickoff that is occurring that is screwing you out of being able to play as your player at all, offense or defense, for that very first series after the kickoff.

JBHuskers
07-14-2011, 12:22 PM
So... I can select any one of the true freshmen on a roster and that will be my RTG character? Did I get it right?

And thanks for the info regarding rosters not carrying over if I want to create my own player.

You can actually select any class. The only thing with playing with an existing player is you won't be on any leaderboards.

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2011, 12:29 PM
It isn't only on kickoffs this will happen any time you use supersim and you are on the field. you can watch until your scheduled time on the field again but you have no control. The glitches affecting this game is a joke.

Well, the only times I sim in Road to Glory are when I am forced to by the game. If my player is on the field and I have a chance to control my player during a play, I will. Other than when my player isn't on the field, like kickoffs, punts, punt returns, offensive or defensive series in which he is sitting out, I'll just sim play by play. Otherwise, I'm playing every play with my player and never willingly supersim.

However, I think that issue I came across happens after the kickoff to start the 3rd quarter as well, because I just ended the game, and my MLB had an interception in the game, which I definitely never had one while controlling him. And I never did play, or at least get to play, our first defensive series after the kickoff to start the 2nd half.

So opening kickoff and the kickoff to start the 3rd quarter, there is an issue somewhere that is causing the game to not allow you to play that series (offense or defense) as your player, even though your player IS on the field.

cjg225
07-14-2011, 12:29 PM
You can actually select any class. The only thing with playing with an existing player is you won't be on any leaderboards.
Oh, okay. Thanks.

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2011, 12:40 PM

Well, the only times I sim in Road to Glory are when I am forced to by the game. If my player is on the field and I have a chance to control my player during a play, I will. Other than when my player isn't on the field, like kickoffs, punts, punt returns, offensive or defensive series in which he is sitting out, I'll just sim play by play. Otherwise, I'm playing every play with my player and never willingly supersim.

However, I think that issue I came across happens after the kickoff to start the 3rd quarter as well, because I just ended the game, and my MLB had an interception in the game, which I definitely never had one while controlling him. And I never did play, or at least get to play, our first defensive series after the kickoff to start the 2nd half.

So opening kickoff and the kickoff to start the 3rd quarter, there is an issue somewhere that is causing the game to not allow you to play that series (offense or defense) as your player, even though your player IS on the field.

I just found a workaround for this. You have to actually physically watch the kickoffs. I decided to press Watch Play for the opening kickoff instead of Simulate Play. Watched the kickoff happen, and I'm now able to choose my defensive play for my first defensive series.

keyser soze
07-14-2011, 01:20 PM
Any word yet from EA on a patch to fix some of this stuff? If my memory serves me right its 2 to 3 weeks to get a patch through Microsoft so we should be hearing something VERY soon or it will be mid August before we get anything.

Paakaa10
07-14-2011, 01:25 PM
Any word yet from EA on a patch to fix some of this stuff? If my memory serves me right its 2 to 3 weeks to get a patch through Microsoft so we should be hearing something VERY soon or it will be mid August before we get anything.

Nothing has been mentioned yet. If we look at last year, a blog with specifics on what was going to be addressed in Patch #2 was released on July 29th, 2010--a little over two weeks after release--and the patch became available on August 11th, 2010.

Not saying that the same schedule will be followed again this year, but that's one set of dates to consider.

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2011, 01:26 PM

It'll probably be a little bit of time yet. They have to actually figure out what the problem is with some of this stuff first, and then what needs to be done to fix them. There are so many different responses from people regarding the custom playbook bug, god only knows where to start looking for what the issue would be on their end.

gschwendt
07-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Any word yet from EA on a patch to fix some of this stuff? If my memory serves me right its 2 to 3 weeks to get a patch through Microsoft so we should be hearing something VERY soon or it will be mid August before we get anything.Haven't heard anything specific yet, though usually with patches and stuff, we don't hear about any specifics a great deal ahead of you guys.

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2011, 01:34 PM

Something I just posted in the Road to Glory NCAA 13 Wishlist thread about this issue.

I think that issue might also by why people were thinking they were being subbed out because of fatigue or something. I've noticed now and then, there will be a random drive, either offense or defense, that it won't let me play, but my player will still be on the field. Simply selecting Watch Play, watch that next play, and then I have control of my player again. So fatigue in fact might not be the issue people were having, it's this little issue.

My last game, I had a defensive series in the middle of the third quarter where I suddenly was in the sim screen. Even though I should have still be in the game at MLB, I was being forced to sim. I selected the Watch Play option (just like on the kickoffs), and sure enough, my MLB was still in the game. Next play after watching that previous one, I had full on field control of my MLB again.

So for those people who were suddenly being removed from the game at random points of the game in their Road to Glory games, select Watch Play for the next play of the game and see if your player is actually still on the field or not. If he is, you'll know it's not because of an issue with fatigue, but because of this bug, and you'll regain your play calling and player controlling abilities again in the next play after.

jaymo76
07-14-2011, 01:37 PM
Dear EA/Tiburon,

Please, please, please tone down your leaping linebackers via a patch/tuner. I have attended many football games in my life (NFL, CFL, high school, community) and I don't recall seeing more than a handful of times LB's that jump five feet in the air and swat down (or intercept) passes. This issue has plagued the series every single year on this gen of consoles. I was led to believe it had been fixed... I am here to tell you it is NOT!!!

Yours truly,

A devoted EA NCAA football fan for the past decade.

Big Blue
07-14-2011, 02:39 PM
okay, I'm wondering if anybody else is having these problems(on the 360):
-I have not got a game track yet
-When I get to the end of the quarter, the highlight thing only shows players celebrating and high-fiving each other, no actual plays
-I'm not getting a post game celebration or play of the game, it just goes straight to the exit game menu
-I don't know how or where to save highlights, its not on the pause menu

griffin2608
07-14-2011, 02:45 PM
Same issues here. You are not alone! Didn't the post game include pictures of the plays last year?

okay, I'm wondering if anybody else is having these problems(on the 360):
-I have not got a game track yet
-When I get to the end of the quarter, the highlight thing only shows players celebrating and high-fiving each other, no actual plays
-I'm not getting a post game celebration or play of the game, it just goes straight to the exit game menu
-I don't know how or where to save highlights, its not on the pause menu

JBHuskers
07-14-2011, 02:47 PM
Make sure you're not buttoning through after the first play of the 2nd half...that might be way you're not getting a Game Track.

JBHuskers
07-14-2011, 03:05 PM
I have no idea if this is new or not because in NCAA 11, I always went after green dot recruits. But in my Idaho offline dynasty there were a couple of positions that I needed to have filled and only :1star: recruits were green dotted. So in week one of recruiting I went after some non-green dot recruits, and in week two there are a couple of :3star: recruits that have jumped from not ranked to 3rd and 5th. So is this different or the same from years past?

AustinWolv
07-14-2011, 03:08 PM
So is this different or the same from years past?
Sounds a bit different. I don't recall it being that common to jump that high on a recruit's list that didn't even have you listed.
However, if they didn't have that good of offers or interest from big schools, that played a part in it.

psuexv
07-14-2011, 03:12 PM
I have no idea if this is new or not because in NCAA 11, I always went after green dot recruits. But in my Idaho offline dynasty there were a couple of positions that I needed to have filled and only :1star: recruits were green dotted. So in week one of recruiting I went after some non-green dot recruits, and in week two there are a couple of :3star: recruits that have jumped from not ranked to 3rd and 5th. So is this different or the same from years past?

It's not new. I've gone after other non-interested recruits before. However it is extremely hard to move up their list if you weren't on in the beginning, and jumping up to 3rd and 5th after week 1 is impressive/almost unheard of. Maybe something to keep an eye on as they may have tweaked this.

JBHuskers
07-14-2011, 03:13 PM
Sounds a bit different. I don't recall it being that common to jump that high on a recruit's list that didn't even have you listed.
However, if they didn't have that good of offers or interest from big schools, that played a part in it.

Yeah I would chase some non-green dot guys late in the season, but it was impossible to catch up, so I was wondering if it had never changed and it was just the fact that I was doing this from week one.

JBHuskers
07-14-2011, 03:14 PM
It's not new. I've gone after other non-interested recruits before. However it is extremely hard to move up their list if you weren't on in the beginning, and jumping up to 3rd and 5th after week 1 is impressive/almost unheard of. Maybe something to keep an eye on as they may have tweaked this.

Yeah I guess no school was interested in them right off the bat, and I offered a scholarship and etc. Going into week two I was 80 behind the leader in recruit and 120 behind another, both are :3star: and they were both from California (relatively close to Idaho).

psuexv
07-14-2011, 03:19 PM
Yeah I guess no school was interested in them right off the bat, and I offered a scholarship and etc. Going into week two I was 80 behind the leader in recruit and 120 behind another, both are :3star: and they were both from California (relatively close to Idaho).

It still seems a little bit like an over-jump up their board. It would be interesting to see who else was on their board. I've tried to recruit some with BCS schools and it takes a long time to move up, of course they did have other BCS schools on their board.

AustinWolv
07-14-2011, 03:19 PM
I've gone after other non-interested recruits before. However it is extremely hard to move up their list if you weren't on in the beginning, and jumping up to 3rd and 5th after week 1 is impressive/almost unheard of. Maybe something to keep an eye on as they may have tweaked this.
Definitely agree with this

JBHuskers
07-14-2011, 03:22 PM
I will know for a fact something has changed if this is the case late in the season for recruits that are still in their top 8 or 10 and have no scholarship offers.

souljahbill
07-14-2011, 03:22 PM
I mentioned that I have company here for the summer before in another post. This is a reminder before I start my post.

The 16 year-old is playing RTG as a HB. He decided to go to Oregon where he started out 4th string. Now he's the starter. He's an 83. He's starting over a 97 and an 89. Now, I know the mode is meant to focus on the career of the player and it's more fun to play then wait until your Jr. year or whatever but really? HB #21 is a back-up to a freshman? A freshman he's better then? When the kid moved up to second string over HB #24, I though it was questionable but figured he must have started out with high ratings as a freshman. I didn't realize the kid was 6 OVR behind the backup. I know 1000 doesn't equal 1 OVR but I'm thinking the kid should have needed 6000 coach trust points instead of 1000 to move up and 14000 to move up to starter barring injuries, graduation, or transfers.

jaymo76
07-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Minor pet peeve... BUT... all TV games are NATIONAL BROADCASTS, yet in your coach profile it still shows your number of local games and national games. Also, I have had ZERO TV games to this point. I guess Syracuse, NEW YORK isn't a big market lol.

ram29jackson
07-14-2011, 05:25 PM
I think the def AI plays zone the same as last year- just faster now-in alot of cases, too fast.

it just reacts faster to the receiver button you push when passing

I threw a pass to a slot receiver on my right doing a 5 yrd square out

the linebacker on that side is near the line of scrimmage behind def tackle pointing his hand in the other direction and facing that way My receiver is open after his cut, i see all green around him, but as soon as I throw it, the LB facing the opposite direction and even steping that way does a double step cut back pivot move from hell to get in the way of the pass.

there may less shifting and almost no suctioning but theres still an aspect of it there when you look at replays. Its great that its a little tougher to pass. But give me a more realistic look/scenario to buy what just took place

road to glory- I'm a running back blocking on a pass play I get near a defender and my player dives/falls/blocks in front of him even though i didnt push a button to command him to do so....scripted