PDA

View Full Version : In-game Presentation & Atmosphere - NCAA Football 13 Wish List & Feedback

cdj
07-11-2011, 09:44 PM
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/NCAAFootballLogo.jpg

In-game Presentation & Atmosphere

Use this thread for wish list & feedback items relating to In-game Presentation & Atmosphere in NCAA Football 13.

Be clear, but concise in making your wishes. Any off-topic posts will be deleted.

onikuno
07-12-2011, 05:18 AM
Would love to see the crowd at Owen Field hold up one finger and yell "OOOOOOOOO...U!" as the ball is kicked off. Also hearing the Ruf Neks fire their guns too.

OU Kickoff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJCqyjzKORw

I love that team entrances and school spirit are getting more exposure. But I do think this is just the tip of the iceberg.

GuyIncognito21
07-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Not sure if this is presentation or gameplay, but is there another sports game on the market that sticks the player with a single camera angle?

We shouldn't even have to wish for this. It's been industry standard for more than a decade.

Jayrah
07-12-2011, 03:26 PM
More crowd movement. Crowd sounds good but still doesn't celebrate big plays with enough movement. Adding towels to certain stadiums and/or clackers etc, that would go a long ways to giving more life.

Also visiting crowds need to react accordingly. They should use the high school crowd noise for the visiting crowd imo. Then you can tell the difference when the visiting team scores. I know it might be an interesting dilemma to have 2 separate crowds in the same game, but again, this would go a long time to really adding extra life.

GuyIncognito21
07-12-2011, 05:59 PM
Agreed. The crowd excitement is one of the most important aspects of college football and it's not well-captured at all. There should be, as you point out, some section of the crowd that is cheering for the visiting team, and my face should be rocked off whenever the home team has a big play in a big game.

I also thing they had something awesome on last-gen with the vibrating camera. I'd like to see that make a comeback.

jaymo76
07-12-2011, 10:47 PM
Agreed. The crowd excitement is one of the most important aspects of college football and it's not well-captured at all. There should be, as you point out, some section of the crowd that is cheering for the visiting team, and my face should be rocked off whenever the home team has a big play in a big game.

I also thing they had something awesome on last-gen with the vibrating camera. I'd like to see that make a comeback.

Yup... where is the immersion???

themoonisdown09
07-12-2011, 11:08 PM
I wish there was a way to skip the end of game replays and snapshots. Especially when I play Road to Glory, it seems like I have to wait 5 minutes to see the same 10 replays show over and over. This is something that bothered me in NCAA 11 as well. Sometimes, I like to watch the replays, other times, I just want to play the next game.

JerzeyReign
07-13-2011, 05:12 AM
I would like commentary like the 2k basketball series. I can't think of the appropriate title for it right now but that would push this game even further.

OLATHExSOONER
07-13-2011, 11:31 AM
Would love to see the crowd at Owen Field hold up one finger and yell "OOOOOOOOO...U!" as the ball is kicked off. Also hearing the Ruf Neks fire their guns too.

OU Kickoff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJCqyjzKORw

I love that team entrances and school spirit are getting more exposure. But I do think this is just the tip of the iceberg.

THIS! I have season tickets for OU and it would be a shame if this isn't in the game next year!

Buckwild58
07-13-2011, 07:40 PM
I'd like to see real video clips of the fans when a touchdown is scored, or of the mascot, i think it would be real nice!

strattjw
07-14-2011, 10:38 AM
Better crowd reactions. Better celebrations both during the game and post game. Better celebrations after bowl victories or conference championship games. Trophy presentation after rivalry games could be fun.

UCBearcat4ever
07-14-2011, 03:07 PM
add chain gang on sidelines, ball boy, water boys., could also add cutscenes of offensive and defensive coordinators in press box and on sideline celebrating, and mad about situation

When ref makes penalty announcement, have him flip switch on Wireless Mic, Maybe during a challenge from the booth, have the ref make announcement the previous play is under review, if challenge is unsucessful, have the ref say outcome of challenge, and if team loses challenge, result of previous play and XX team is charged timeout. When playing against computer, have computer challenge plays, it dosen;'t like

would show warm up scenes, then the entrance then coin toss in pregame, that's how it's done in real life.

when showing cutscenes of fans, right now the seats that they show, are the primary color of the team, for example Notre Dame shows dark blue seats. you could actually show the fans sitting on bleachers, or chairbacks, benches of the right color a stadium has.

growndhawgg
07-14-2011, 07:12 PM
http://m2.wnymedia.net/files/2009/09/UTEP2pic.jpg

UTEP painted the end-zones blue!(The wrong blue, but it was blue all last year; no love for non-BCS)

th3 last tiger
07-20-2011, 10:13 PM
I didn't where to put this, but here goes. I have a few gripes with atmosphere, one being that the crowd in this year's game looks pretty average. It doesn't seem to react to anything, and any college footbal game is filled with highs and lows. Second, its wonderful that the bands play the fight songs, but they are playing the fight song like they are at a country club, by that I mean the tempo is slow and saps the EMOTION out of a moment. Third, many schools have crowd themes, for example white outs, black outs, and spirit days. Others have towels and some have pom poms(auburn?). These things really would enhance the atmosphere of many games, especially night games.

For example of themed games:

Spirit day: Ive seen Boise State and Iowa do this. ex:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdH-tp7fb3Q

Blackout: I know of Iowa and Maryland doing this. ex:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1705hhtBNY&feature=related

Gold Rush: Iowa and Missouri have done something like this.
ex:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1goBjJjoTpE

White Out: Penn State ex:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv63NmDuHps

NatureBoy
07-21-2011, 08:00 AM
Sorry wrong thread.

jaymo76
07-21-2011, 12:31 PM
The more I play this game (and I do really enjoy the game most of this gen) the more I have come to beleive that the crowd noise and atmosphere are possibly the worst of this gen. Home field advantage is absolutely non-existent. Please EA, please tune/patch this and increase noise by 100%. Bring the game alive!

DuffHouse12
07-21-2011, 04:57 PM
Have Notre Dame Players face the end zone audience and sing the Alma Mater with helmets off after home games.

show them praying at some point before the game instead of the QB jumping around with 1 hand in the air like everyone else.

Rudy
07-21-2011, 05:18 PM
Pre-game stuff, crowds, bands, etc. are nice touches but they don't matter nearly as much as commentary for me. Commentary is huge and this game needs a fresh start. Nessler does a good job but Herbie is far too low key to be the lone analyst. They need to add a third person to the booth with energy and humour like Corso was. We need new commentary. And the commentary can't just be play to play. Some of the best stuff about the good commentary teams is that they are aware of what else has happened during the game. They comment on a player's success and failures throughout the game as well as season long progress for dynasty stuff.

There is no excuse for not showing more stats. Show them at the play call screen on the side. Keep a running tab of game totals. Show stats after EVERY play by the FOX clock or on a game ticker at the bottom. Almost everyone does this now. We need to believe the commentary team is at OUR game and making good observations and not just really basic ones. MLB 2K11 has great commentary and TV style presentation. I know people rave about NBA 2K11. Adding more team entrances or mascots will do nothing to fix this area and it's a huge black mark on this series right now.

KIDZER0918
07-24-2011, 06:21 PM
I would really like to see something done with the stat overlays. If you turned on a saturday game your screen is attacked by all sorts of information.

to start how about something to do with a "starters" line up graphic. you can have all the starters show their name, year, position and maybe have a little star next to them if they are an all american or if they are an award winner....

next there could be a graphic showing conference rankings or division rankings. then the game actually starts and your running back breaks off a big run, why not show a stat that tells you where he ranks in the conference as far as rushing. maybe he is 35 yards short of the #1 rusher from another division school. that would motivate me to run the bar a little bit more to try and beat him out. the same could be done on a national level too, as well as other positions....

Unconquered
07-25-2011, 07:39 AM
Since the NCAA dev team has utterly failed to add excitement, energy and emotion to the game, it's time to put the control back in the players' hands:

Bring back NCAA 06-style user-controlled celebrations -- at the risk of an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Any player you're controlling -- ballcarrier, defender, kicker -- should be able to celebrate after any play, whether it's a 1-yard run or a 99-yard touchdown.

Press LB to trigger a modest celebration animation, which would carry a low risk of an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Press RB to trigger a more flamboyant animation, which would carry a high risk of an unsportsmanlike penalty.

Also bring back open-field celebrations such as high-stepping, "We're #1 finger," etc., and endzone flips we had in NCAA 08 -- again at the risk of a penalty.

Finally, add an unsportsmanlike penalty slider to affect how often the refs overlook -- or enforce -- penalties for showboating.

themoonisdown09
07-25-2011, 09:18 AM
Third, many schools have crowd themes, for example white outs, black outs, and spirit days. Others have towels and some have pom poms(auburn?). These things really would enhance the atmosphere of many games, especially night games.

I agree! Nebraska's fans are known as "The Sea of Red" because of the overwhelming amount of red they wear, but in the game, it's half red-half white.

jaymo76
07-25-2011, 11:26 AM
Since the NCAA dev team has utterly failed to add excitement, energy and emotion to the game, it's time to put the control back in the players' hands:

Bring back NCAA 06-style user-controlled celebrations -- at the risk of an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Any player you're controlling -- ballcarrier, defender, kicker -- should be able to celebrate after any play, whether it's a 1-yard run or a 99-yard touchdown.Press LB to trigger a modest celebration animation, which would carry a low risk of an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Press RB to trigger a more flamboyant animation, which would carry a high risk of an unsportsmanlike penalty.

Also bring back open-field celebrations such as high-stepping, "We're #1 finger," etc., and endzone flips we had in NCAA 08 -- again at the risk of a penalty.

Finally, add an unsportsmanlike penalty slider to affect how often the refs overlook -- or enforce -- penalties for showboating.

Forgot about the bold but I totally agree... great feature!!!

OSUCowboyofMD
08-06-2011, 03:32 AM

Bring back NCAA 06-style user-controlled celebrations -- at the risk of an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Any player you're controlling -- ballcarrier, defender, kicker -- should be able to celebrate after any play, whether it's a 1-yard run or a 99-yard touchdown.

Press LB to trigger a modest celebration animation, which would carry a low risk of an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Press RB to trigger a more flamboyant animation, which would carry a high risk of an unsportsmanlike penalty.

GENIUS!

OSUCowboyofMD
08-06-2011, 03:53 AM
Rushing the field?! Post-game player interviews like Madden? I mean, Erin Andrews isn't just only a sideline reporter.

Watching the Making of NCAA Football 12, i heard a possibility of College Gameday, is it going to be like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBeOePVoBZ8

or like this
http://youtu.be/4HrxVNdCo1I?t=41s

either way im still happy :D

illwill10
08-13-2011, 01:07 AM
I would love to see Real-Time Presentation, but I think they are invested in cutscenes.

-Add More College Atmosphere. More Cutscenes. More Chants from crowd. Better Crowd Interaction. Better Celebrations(add more). Rivals should feel like Rivals. Big games dont feel big. Re-do Post Play animations. More Emotion From Players

- More of TV Style Presentation. Copy Madden's Camera work. More Stat Overlays. Comepletely Overhual Commentary, maybe add another Announcement team. A Half-Time show. Updates from other game/Stat Ticker. Updates from Season; Records, Awards, Stat Leaders. Commentary about previous games and season. Starting Lineups and players to watch

- Improve Pre-game and Post Game. Add a Halftime show where commentators describe half and season, highlights, updates from other game.

-GameDay. Doesnt have to be over the top. They go over and pick game winners of Top 3-5 games. Players to Watch. Award and Season Updates.

- Improve Heisman presentation. Add back Heisman Presentation from Last-gen. I use to remember me wanting them to change it, now I win it

OSUCowboyofMD
08-23-2011, 05:51 PM
2K like commentary. More conversational.

Crowd traditions: Okie State's Waving song after a TD, Kansas' waving wheat

OSUCowboyofMD
08-29-2011, 02:24 AM
Better game winning field goal/touchdown celebrations. Longer championship celebration with team running on the field. Players and coaches holding the Crystal ball with TWO Hands

BCEagles
09-04-2011, 09:12 PM
I would love to see Real-Time Presentation, but I think they are invested in cutscenes.

-Add More College Atmosphere. More Cutscenes. More Chants from crowd. Better Crowd Interaction. Better Celebrations(add more). Rivals should feel like Rivals. Big games dont feel big. Re-do Post Play animations. More Emotion From Players

- More of TV Style Presentation. Copy Madden's Camera work. More Stat Overlays. Comepletely Overhual Commentary, maybe add another Announcement team. A Half-Time show. Updates from other game/Stat Ticker. Updates from Season; Records, Awards, Stat Leaders. Commentary about previous games and season. Starting Lineups and players to watch

- Improve Pre-game and Post Game. Add a Halftime show where commentators describe half and season, highlights, updates from other game.

-GameDay. Doesnt have to be over the top. They go over and pick game winners of Top 3-5 games. Players to Watch. Award and Season Updates.

- Improve Heisman presentation. Add back Heisman Presentation from Last-gen. I use to remember me wanting them to change it, now I win it
Great suggestions, I heard college gameday may be in NCAA 13 but I'm not sure. It would be a very good addition, and I agree it doesn't need to be over the top just a little show. As long as I get to see Lee Corso put on the mascot head I will be satisfied.

UCBearcat4ever
09-27-2011, 11:02 PM
add some of the stuff Madden 12 has for scoreboard graphics, on first down, ribbon boards flash first down. when a team wins, logo then win. defense scoreboard graphic. on a challenge PA plays jeopardy theme.

Jayrah
09-27-2011, 11:15 PM
Better game winning field goal/touchdown celebrations. Longer championship celebration with team running on the field. Players and coaches holding the Crystal ball with TWO Hands

Even a team cut-scene of them running onto the field would suffice! Also I would love to see a cut-scene of sideline team celebrations directly after some tds. Most of them I want on-the-field ones but a big one late in the 4th a sideline celebration would be AWESOME. Would really add to the euphoria of the big moments.

I really would like to see more of a broadcast deal with touchdowns. First, the td celebration is what I wanna see, then the replay of the play, then the XP straight into a replay of the sideline celebration for major plays late in the game.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

OSUCowboyofMD
09-28-2011, 06:58 PM
More rivalry celebration...i wonder if fans rushing the field will ever be in the game...

FSUNoles
10-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Presentation, I think it would be great if they added CBS and ABC. CBS would have Verne Lundquist and Phil Simms, ABC would have Brent Musberger and Kirk Herbstreit, and ESPN would have Brad Nessler and Jessie Palmer or someone like that. It gets annoying when I play SEC games on ESPN, it's just not realistic. EA has already done this before in NCAA Basketball 10, they had a CBS broadcast. And please make the commentators have some emotion! When I score on a hail mary with no time left to win it, I want the announcers to go insane! Not just the bland, "Oh he catches it in the back of the endzone for a touchdown!" They also need to upgrade the crowd. Home crowds need to be screaming, "OHHHHHHHHHH" as the away team heads to the line of scrimmage.

OSUCowboyofMD
10-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Presentation, I think it would be great if they added CBS and ABC. CBS would have Verne Lundquist and Phil Simms

Correction:*Gary Danielson* instead of Phil Simms...Simms does NFL games

GreenBlazer
10-05-2011, 09:41 PM
Presentation, I think it would be great if they added CBS and ABC. CBS would have Verne Lundquist and Phil Simms, ABC would have Brent Musberger and Kirk Herbstreit, and ESPN would have Brad Nessler and Jessie Palmer or someone like that. It gets annoying when I play SEC games on ESPN, it's just not realistic. EA has already done this before in NCAA Basketball 10, they had a CBS broadcast. And please make the commentators have some emotion! When I score on a hail mary with no time left to win it, I want the announcers to go insane! Not just the bland, "Oh he catches it in the back of the endzone for a touchdown!" They also need to upgrade the crowd. Home crowds need to be screaming, "OHHHHHHHHHH" as the away team heads to the line of scrimmage.

You're completely right! Realistically, it does take a LOT of time and effort to put in another announcer team but I'm sure if NCAA concentrated on nothing but this and left everything else nearly untouched the game would be a lot better. If they could do different announcers for different conferences it would be awesome.

CBS (SEC) - Vern Lundquist & Gary Danielson
ABC Saturday Night - Brent Musberger & Kirk Herbstreit
ABC Afternoon - Brad Nessler & Jesse Palmer(or whoever was willing to do it)

Then for Thursday games you could have Rece Davis or Mike Tirico. Even if they just had a generic crew doing lower tier games or cupcake games it would allow for much more dynamic in dynasty mode.

For instance: Let's say you would have to earn a certain prestige rating or ranking at your school to "Unlock" the ability to have a Saturday night game with Musberger and Herby. It would add incentive to dynasty and create a better "feel" to the big game.

If they just did this and added more detail to the actual gameday atmosphere you would see a lot of people chill out about the gameplay and it would buy EA some time to add a great physics engine. Personally, it's a video game and the gameplay won't be 100% realistic for a while but for me if they just did the things I listed above which require less programming and more or less just recording and adding minor tweaks, I would be incredibly satisfied!

SmoothPancakes
10-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Personally, I say let's actually get commentary that's worth a damn and isn't the same repetitive shit over and over, and commentary that actually flows great and doesn't sound like a bunch of patched together crap, before we start adding a bunch of different announcing teams. Sure, it'd be new voices, but it'd still be the same repetitive shit in the end, and for me, it would just be the same old "playing with commentary volume turned all the down to 0" whenever I play.

Jayrah
10-05-2011, 10:03 PM
More rivalry celebration...i wonder if fans rushing the field will ever be in the game...

Why does everybody ask this? No it won't. Its against ncaa policy (protection of players) and they'll never get an ok on that

GiantsOfTheNorth
10-30-2011, 11:02 PM
In real-life football, there are many different personal fouls: horse-collar tackles, illegal hands to the face, tripping, helmet-to-helmet contact, leaping, leverage etc. I think there needs to be more of these types of penalties called; at least one a game (like in real football). It would be so much more realistic.

GiantsOfTheNorth
10-30-2011, 11:04 PM
It would be so cool if you were running down the sideline and your RB was horse-collared and you got 15 extra yards.

OSUCowboyofMD
10-31-2011, 04:01 PM
Why does everybody ask this? No it won't. Its against ncaa policy (protection of players) and they'll never get an ok on that

:confused: ohh i didnt know...wow that sucks

OSUCowboyofMD
11-07-2011, 06:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJsLPVyTXH0&feature=related pregame stuff like that or something close to that...

OSUCowboyofMD
11-07-2011, 06:57 PM
More cutscenes with the band and teams like Ohio State showing the full "Dotting the i" or something please! And i need the bands to sound more realistic

OSUCowboyofMD
11-07-2011, 06:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAzX5HNsqgk
Mascots crowd surf like Tesudo :D

OSUCowboyofMD
11-07-2011, 07:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOmu9r2tKlg&feature=aso

Ability to dive into the hedges :easy: :P

OSUCowboyofMD
12-06-2011, 11:07 PM
Female trainers, band members, actual band uniforms, and woodwinds instruments

KunaghNery7
12-11-2011, 08:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJsLPVyTXH0&feature=related pregame stuff like that or something close to that...

The loading screen for RTG could be like this. The player walking from outside to inside the stadium. Just like this, the camera following him from behind. It would be great. Maybe walking through the fans when playing at home and just walking from the bus to the stadium when playing away.

NatureBoy
12-17-2011, 07:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErJo2CpAYps&feature=relmfu

I love to see Sir Big Spur in the game. A lot of other team's live animals made it into last year's game. I would like to see them expand on this for 13. Also, I know they couldn't add "Sandstorm" to the game because of the cost of music rights but it would be great to see South Carolina fans waving their spirit towels before kickoffs.

baseballplyrmvp
01-02-2012, 04:10 PM
the pre-game to the rose bowl was pretty cool, with all of the different angles of the b-2 stealth bomber flying over the stadium.