PDA

View Full Version : Player Models & Animations - NCAA Football 13 Wish List & Feedback

cdj
07-11-2011, 09:32 PM
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/NCAAFootballLogo.jpg

Player Models & Animations

Use this thread for wish list & feedback items relating to Player Models and/or Animation changes or improvements you would like to see in NCAA Football 13.

Be clear, but concise in making your wishes. Any off-topic posts will be deleted.

OLATHExSOONER
07-15-2011, 08:43 PM
Fix the standard sleeves! Also add loose QB sleeves. Different player "types" would be nice and to have attributes according to body type as well. And also different running styles can go in with the body types. Also not just running form, but passing as well.

OSUCowboyofMD
08-06-2011, 02:43 AM
An option of having back plates stick out such as...http://www.bz1-img.com/images_customers/06/18/14035039_101823_raw.jpg

Unconquered
08-09-2011, 07:02 AM
Player models need a lot more variety. Most players look the same. Everyone has the same arm length, the same leg length, the same torso length ...

NCAA should implement selectable body types, sort of like NFL2K5. So, when creating/editing a player, you should be able to choose a prototypical body type first (QB, HB, WR, OL, SS, LB, etc.) and then tweak the build sliders after that. For examples of prototypical body types, think of Terrell Owens (chiselled physique), Randy Moss (thin and gangly), Ray Lewis (compact and powerful), Barry Sanders (squat), Jerome Bettis (thick, barrel-chested), Jason Taylor (towering, long-limbed), Taylor Mays (pure muscle), Deion Sanders (ropey and long-legged), Adrian Peterson (lean, muscular), Jon Ogden (massive, lumbering) and so on.

Note that a body prototype would have nothing to do with the position itself, so you could make a QB with a prototypical WR body, etc.

After choosing the body prototype, player build sliders need to be a lot more responsive and consistent. For years now player build sliders have been indistinguishable (i.e., you don't see any difference between setting Thigh Build at 100 or 0) or just flat-out bizarre, like when your Arm Build actually gets SMALLER when you raise it from 20 to 100.

I'd also like to see more varied WR stances (every receiver has used the same stance for years), and more fluid pre-snap motion, where the player reaches the end of his motion, stops and turns 90 degrees like a robot.

GatorBait06NC
09-11-2011, 04:35 AM
Ive been editing players for a few days and I wanted to add some things. The guy above who posted the back plates hanging out is a nice touch. The back plates need to be redone completely, then just look foolish in the game. The rounded off back playes should be the primary ones.

Shoulder pads need fit more flush on the players and not stick out as much as they do.

Certain revolution helmets are still sticking out too far and sitting too low on a players head. The look way compared to how they should look.

Jayrah
10-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Certain revolution helmets are still sticking out too far and sitting too low on a players head. The look way compared to how they should look.

See: madden revo helmets

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

OSUCowboyofMD
10-04-2011, 05:15 PM
See: madden revo helmets

:D

Jayrah
10-07-2011, 10:36 AM
I would really like fluxuating weights of players throughout the dynasty. This would basically incorporate a dynamic player model.

oweb26
10-07-2011, 03:32 PM
I would really like fluxuating weights of players throughout the dynasty. This would basically incorporate a dynamic player model.

Down or up? Players gain weight I have never seen one lose it though, either way it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but I know (some) RB will put on some pounds from year to year.

Jayrah
10-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Down or up? Players gain weight I have never seen one lose it though, either way it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but I know (some) RB will put on some pounds from year to year.

People loss weight all the time to fit their position. If I change my fb to an Hb I want the game to act as if it knows I want him to drop weight to get faster and quicker. Same for an Lb to safety, etc.

Jayrah
10-09-2011, 07:49 PM
I know I've said it before also but we need more gameflow in celebrations as opposed to cutscenes. Madden does it well but doesn't show enough. I would suggest a cut-in to a realtime celebration, not a cutscene.

Jayrah
10-10-2011, 09:33 AM

I guess players do "bulk up" in the game. I was completely unaware that they did. Maybe a little more flux in certain players from freshman to sophomore season would be better. Lots of players move 10-15 lbs in their first year.

Bucknut216
10-21-2011, 08:19 PM
They should add long hair for players besides dreads. The Clay Matthews hair is popular now and at least a few guys on every team have it. Also add player faces without helmets in player edit areas so I could know what they look like during editing.

KunaghNery7
11-18-2011, 07:25 PM
Player models need a lot more variety. Most players look the same. Everyone has the same arm length, the same leg length, the same torso length ...

NCAA should implement selectable body types, sort of like NFL2K5. So, when creating/editing a player, you should be able to choose a prototypical body type first (QB, HB, WR, OL, SS, LB, etc.) and then tweak the build sliders after that. For examples of prototypical body types, think of Terrell Owens (chiselled physique), Randy Moss (thin and gangly), Ray Lewis (compact and powerful), Barry Sanders (squat), Jerome Bettis (thick, barrel-chested), Jason Taylor (towering, long-limbed), Taylor Mays (pure muscle), Deion Sanders (ropey and long-legged), Adrian Peterson (lean, muscular), Jon Ogden (massive, lumbering) and so on.

Note that a body prototype would have nothing to do with the position itself, so you could make a QB with a prototypical WR body, etc.

After choosing the body prototype, player build sliders need to be a lot more responsive and consistent. For years now player build sliders have been indistinguishable (i.e., you don't see any difference between setting Thigh Build at 100 or 0) or just flat-out bizarre, like when your Arm Build actually gets SMALLER when you raise it from 20 to 100.

I'd also like to see more varied WR stances (every receiver has used the same stance for years), and more fluid pre-snap motion, where the player reaches the end of his motion, stops and turns 90 degrees like a robot.

Totally agreed on that one. It seems that you just read my mind bro! :D

Taebreezy
12-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Yes the the backplates should be redone and it should be more than one variety and it should be sticking out more Unser the jerseys. Jerseys should fit very tight on players.when running fast the player shouldn't be hunched overy like his back is hurting lol.

RazorbackFan10
12-17-2011, 10:20 PM
more cleat optons, more revo speed facemasks styles, and different running and throwing motions.

Kansacity88
03-06-2012, 03:16 AM
One thing I would like to see, when I am running down the sidelines on my way to paydirt, I wanna see the other players on the sidelines jumping up and down or at least showing SOME KIND of excitement as I go by! If not in real time, then in the replays! Would like the crowd to be more of a wave than simultaneously raising their hands/arms when we score. HELL, at least have them do it randomly so it looks halfway decent!