PDA

View Full Version : Road to Glory - NCAA Football 13 Wish List & Feedback

cdj
07-11-2011, 09:23 PM
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/NCAAFootballLogo.jpg

Road to Glory

Use this thread for wish list & feedback items relating to Road to Glory you would like to see in NCAA Football 13.

Be clear, but concise in making your wishes. Any off-topic posts will be deleted.

souljahbill
07-11-2011, 09:30 PM
Players can be imported as coaches into dynasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strattjw
07-14-2011, 10:28 AM
I miss the old interface from back in 2005 when you were in your dorm room. Wish they would bring that back.

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2011, 11:23 AM
Teambuilder teams being incorrect. ram was having this same problem too. When I loaded all my Teambuilder teams into my schedule and started up my first game against McComb in week 1, their uniform was correct except for their helmet logo. Their helmet logo is the logo of Tinora, my week 10 opponent.

Also, the team logo is not appearing on the field at the 50 yard line like I have it set.

psuexv
07-14-2011, 12:06 PM
Couple quick things with the set up of RTG - When customizing myself(and this may be the same when customizing rosters) but when I was scrolling through my equipment it would have to load each item and was definitely laggy, for example, when I was picking my elbow attair, every band I went through it would try and load them even though I was trying to scroll through them quickly since I knew which one I wanted.

Maybe do something like TW where you have a list of items and can "Preview" them if you need to see what they look like.

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2011, 12:09 PM
Couple quick things with the set up of RTG - When customizing myself(and this may be the same when customizing rosters) but when I was scrolling through my equipment it would have to load each item and was definitely laggy, for example, when I was picking my elbow attair, every band I went through it would try and load them even though I was trying to scroll through them quickly since I knew which one I wanted.

Maybe do something like TW where you have a list of items and can "Preview" them if you need to see what they look like.

Agreed. That massive lag/loading time was really starting to get on my nerves.

Also, I posted this in the Thoughts & Impressions thread, but am going to post it here as well...

Alright, just had an issue with Road to Glory. We're the home team. The visiting team won the coin toss, elected to kick. I simulated the kickoff, however, when it came time to go on offense, the game never let me play. I was forced to simulate the entire drive, even though I could see my player's actions on plays showing up in the game summary window. After simulating the entire offensive drive that ended in a touchdown, the game finally let me play when it came time for our defensive series after the kickoff.

So there seems to be some issue when the opposing team elects to kickoff, the game doesn't recognize that it's time for you to take over as your player on the field in the offensive series immediately after the kickoff.

In fact, thinking about it now, it happens with defense too. In my first game, I never got to play as my player on defense until the second time my defense went out on the field. I had to sim through the entire first defensive series after the opening kickoff.

So there's some issue after the opening kickoff that is occurring that is screwing you out of being able to play as your player at all, offense or defense, for that very first series after the kickoff.

psuexv
07-14-2011, 12:14 PM
Also the setup of the opponents seemed slow, I know they are pushing using teambuilder but I didn't.

psuexv
07-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Also, I posted this in the Thoughts & Impressions thread, but am going to post it here as well...

Alright, just had an issue with Road to Glory. We're the home team. The visiting team won the coin toss, elected to kick. I simulated the kickoff, however, when it came time to go on offense, the game never let me play. I was forced to simulate the entire drive, even though I could see my player's actions on plays showing up in the game summary window. After simulating the entire offensive drive that ended in a touchdown, the game finally let me play when it came time for our defensive series after the kickoff.

So there seems to be some issue when the opposing team elects to kickoff, the game doesn't recognize that it's time for you to take over as your player on the field in the offensive series immediately after the kickoff.

In fact, thinking about it now, it happens with defense too. In my first game, I never got to play as my player on defense until the second time my defense went out on the field. I had to sim through the entire first defensive series after the opening kickoff.

So there's some issue after the opening kickoff that is occurring that is screwing you out of being able to play as your player at all, offense or defense, for that very first series after the kickoff.

I noticed this too. I noticed it after the half. I got the rock but it went through a series before I got to take the field and I took it as defense. I used the "sim until next time on the field" so I didn't get to see all the plays but I assumed there was a fumble on the KO or something but maybe this glitch happened.

I don't remember it at the beginning of the game but I may have just not noticed it.

psuexv
07-14-2011, 12:20 PM
Agreed. That massive lag/loading time was really starting to get on my nerves.

I'll check it out to see if it happens in the general customizing rosters too, but it definitely wasn't in '11. You could zip through the different styles of equipment.

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2011, 12:31 PM
I noticed this too. I noticed it after the half. I got the rock but it went through a series before I got to take the field and I took it as defense. I used the "sim until next time on the field" so I didn't get to see all the plays but I assumed there was a fumble on the KO or something but maybe this glitch happened.

I don't remember it at the beginning of the game but I may have just not noticed it.

Yeah, it was definitely the bug after the half. I have an addendum to my previous post.

However, I think that issue I came across happens after the kickoff to start the 3rd quarter as well, because I just ended the game, and my MLB had an interception in the game, which I definitely never had one while controlling him. And I never did play, or at least get to play, our first defensive series after the kickoff to start the 2nd half.

So opening kickoff and the kickoff to start the 3rd quarter, there is an issue somewhere that is causing the game to not allow you to play that first series (offense or defense) as your player, even though your player IS on the field.

Edit - And this, by the way, is all happening as I am simming play by play, instead of just going with sim until next time on the field. I go play by play to see what happens when I'm not on the field, and it's happening as well. Two games now that I have missed an entire offensive series and an entire defensive series (my player didn't miss them, but I missed being able to control and play as my player during them) because of this issue.

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2011, 12:41 PM
Yeah, it was definitely the bug after the half. I have an addendum to my previous post.

However, I think that issue I came across happens after the kickoff to start the 3rd quarter as well, because I just ended the game, and my MLB had an interception in the game, which I definitely never had one while controlling him. And I never did play, or at least get to play, our first defensive series after the kickoff to start the 2nd half.

So opening kickoff and the kickoff to start the 3rd quarter, there is an issue somewhere that is causing the game to not allow you to play that first series (offense or defense) as your player, even though your player IS on the field.

Edit - And this, by the way, is all happening as I am simming play by play, instead of just going with sim until next time on the field. I go play by play to see what happens when I'm not on the field, and it's happening as well. Two games now that I have missed an entire offensive series and an entire defensive series (my player didn't miss them, but I missed being able to control and play as my player during them) because of this issue.

I just found a workaround for this. You have to actually physically watch the kickoffs. I decided to press Watch Play for the opening kickoff instead of Simulate Play. Watched the kickoff happen, and I'm now able to choose my defensive play for my first defensive series.

Papa LoneStar
07-14-2011, 12:48 PM
Players can be imported as coaches into dynasty.

+1

psuexv
07-14-2011, 01:26 PM
I just found a workaround for this. You have to actually physically watch the kickoffs. I decided to press Watch Play for the opening kickoff instead of Simulate Play. Watched the kickoff happen, and I'm now able to choose my defensive play for my first defensive series.

Good find but still needs to be fixed

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2011, 01:30 PM
Good find but still needs to be fixed

Agreed, it definitely does, but in the mean time, that'll help. I think that issue might also by why people were thinking they were being subbed out because of fatigue or something. I've noticed now and then, there will be a random drive, either offense or defense, that it won't let me play, but my player will still be on the field. Simply selecting Watch Play, watch that next play, and then I have control of my player again. So fatigue in fact might not be the issue people were having, it's this little issue.

psuexv
07-14-2011, 06:25 PM
Haven't checked to see if it's been posted but the not playing a series issue happens when you are a coordinator as well

UCBearcat4ever
07-17-2011, 04:49 PM
In road to glory, shouldn't be allowed to be involved in coin toss, or accept penalty unless your elected team captain.

add the Under-Armor All Star game at the Alamodome, show a cutscene of your person signing LOI and putting on team hat.

in RTG High School games, could use Use NCAA Rule except
Kickoffs take place at 40-yard line
If a ball crosses the plane of the goal line on a missed field goal, it would be a touchback and the opposing team will start at the 20-yd line.
Any kick crossing the goal line is automatically a touchback; kicks cannot be returned out of the end zone.
Pass interference by the defense results is a 15-yard penalty (and automatic first down), regardless of where the foul occurred
defense cannot return an extra-point attempt for a score.

themoonisdown09
07-19-2011, 02:58 PM

Yes... I don't really like customizing my player since it takes so long to go through everything.

souljahbill
07-22-2011, 10:11 PM
For the love of GOD, PLEASE let us choose what kind of offense/defense our HS team uses. I'm playing as a WR and the running back is getting the rock 30+ times a game! It's not HIS Road to Glory, it's MINE! THROW THE BALL PLEASE! I've had to cheat to get more attempts. On the rare instance a passing play is called, I no-huddle and we run the same passing play every play for the rest of the drive. I don't mind blocking on run plays at all but if we're going to run every play, I want to play somewhere else.

On defense, as a db, we should get some kind of "lockdown" credit. The CPU rarely throws my way so I guess that makes me the next Dion Sanders. Everytime the CPU throws at another receiver not covered by me or in my zone, I should be rewarded for eliminating an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buckeye02
07-23-2011, 12:02 AM
I wish there would be a cut scene of you with 3-5 hats and you choosing which school you will be attending.

I havent gone through an off-season yet, but i wish you could see what your school does in the offseason. Instead of sitting at one screen simulating the off-season for 5-8 minutes.

psusnoop
07-23-2011, 10:38 AM
Just started my RTG last night played one game and I didn't import any teambuilder teams.

I noticed I could get the home crowd pumped up for a 3rd and 2 but a fourth and 2 nothing. Like the crowd didn't care at all.

I also noticed twice that I was told that the pass was incomplete but I caught it behind the LOS (it was a forward pass just to be clear, not even close it was a dump off after I saw nothing down the field) and i would've sitting at 2nd and 12.

I'll be trying to play through this more in the next couple of days.

I also like the hat presentation that was said earlier too.

illwill10
07-27-2011, 08:25 PM
#1 Custom Quarter Lengths-enough said
2. Bring Drills back- It would add depth and more fun
3. Custom Camera Angles- enough said
4. Harder Position battle- It is too easy to win position battles.
5. Kr/Pr- It would add depth.
6. The abilty to set playbooks in HS, even Custom Playbooks.
7. Option to become Position Coach/Coordinator.
8. Player goals- Make it like Coach Goals where you have 3 goals for each year, if you fail lose job or automatically start the season in a position battle.
9. More in-depth XP points- The ability to boost ratings without packs. It would be nice to just increase certain ratings without waiting for packs. After a year with my CB and QB, I havent seen a Speed pack for QB and a Man/Zone Pack for CB. Just make it expensive for important ratings
10. I would like to see Pass Given up stats for CB, like how Madden use to have. So you would know true shutdown DBs.
11. ESPN Player Evaluation- It would be nice to see a evaluation at the end of the HS season describing the player you are. It would be a great way to see what type of player you are.
12. Draft Projection- I would like to see how my RTG players project to NFL

OSUCowboyofMD
08-06-2011, 03:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlOVZFcdv5M&feature=related

Bring this back!...But add other awards also.

baseballplyrmvp
08-13-2011, 11:50 AM
better recognition of who's getting it done and who's not in the playcalling. as a wide receiver, i've put up over 100 yards receiving in every game so far (on average between 5-10 catches/game), yet our rb, who averages 30 carries a game, has not gone over 100 yards once all season. so why do we continue to give him the ball? teams win by getting the ball to their best playmakers.

psuexv
08-30-2011, 09:58 PM
Couple things I'd like to see on the High School side. Better fans, I've never been to a HS game that wasn't packed but I just played the 2nd and 3rd round of the playoffs and the stands were empty.

Would also like to see some more stats especially W/L. I don't know what my record is right now. I just played a team on the playoffs that I played in regular season and I thought I beat them but they had HF. Be nice to see what the score of that first game was.

OSUCowboyofMD
09-03-2011, 12:24 AM
Minimize crowds in the championship game. For example, Byrd Stadium seats about 52K but come states (in the game), you could say it looks like their is about 20K in the stadium when almost 100% their isn't. Most of the time, a state game such as that has fans seated in the lower bowl usually on one side or at least one school on side and the other on the other side. Never seated in the upper deck. The bands should be there for the games. Most bands are too large(in the game) for a high school. Have more generic fight songs for high schools. I'm a presentation junkie for that stuff. :D Btw High school games are just way too easy.

psuexv
09-14-2011, 08:35 AM
It would be nice to see more details about the recruiting pool. Ultimately it would be cool to see where everyone in the country is signing and see the entire recruiting pool but that might not be feasible. I would like to see at a minimum though who else from my team has signed and at what schools. It would be cool to see that my fellow LB is getting big offers too. Also would like to see who the schools I'm interested in are also looking at or signed.

psuexv
09-14-2011, 08:40 AM
Also would like to see it a little tougher to take over the starting role. There should be some sort of momentum factored into it. If I've gained enough points in practices to be battling for the starting job, if the starter is playing really well I shouldn't get the shot.

Maybe add a preseason position battle if the ratings are close. In my case I came in at a 79 and went to PSU as a QB. The starter is an 81 and after 4 games I worked my way up and took over the starting job. Yes I want to be on the field, but I also realize it's not at all accurate for my to take over the starting job midseason, unless the QB was playing terrible.

baseballplyrmvp
10-22-2011, 02:54 PM
so i'm playing through my freshman season, and eventually took over the #1 starting WR job at Hawaii. its week 12 of season 1, i'm a 97 overall possession receiver. i easily became a team legend at week 9.

however, as a team legend in the wr position, why cant i flip the play, a privilage that a "veteran starter" could do? why cant i call my own hot routes? i understand that i'm a wr, but with as much talent that my player has, he should have a lot of freedom when he gets that good.

OSUCowboyofMD
11-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Signing day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlZ4z9DxDBs

OSUCowboyofMD
01-09-2012, 02:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdpmBJDuLEA&feature=g-vrec&context=G255fecbRVAAAAAAAAAA

umlhurdler47
01-21-2012, 02:54 PM
MORE PLAYS FOR WIDE RECEIVERS!!! i understand that it is supposed to be a challenge and shouldn't be the easiest thing in the world to do, but it is sooo frustrating when your guy is wide open and a) the QB throws it to someone else and then they go one yard or something on like 3 an 8 meanwhile your two yards past the first down marker or b) your QB will throw the ball way out of bounds and he is supposed to be good not some 8th string scrub. That happens to me constantly and they don't use your properly at all even at traditionally passing schools. I don't understand how you're supposed to break all of these records but you never receive the ball. I guess longer quarter lengths will fix this. I mean I've had countless times where I've been blowing a team out and I have 3 receptions and they take me out at half and I'm near a record. Literally It seems like they only throw you the ball when you've got the whole other team covering your guy or when you're Wideout got pushed down and is still getting back up lol. As for the secondary the camera angle is so terrible, You could be lined up with a guy directly and all of a sudden miss him by like two feet and he keeps running straight the entire time. Also for DB's you get like two plays a game if you're playing correctly, and if not you get beat so you're damned if you do damned if you don't.

dsprague
01-23-2012, 08:04 PM
my biggest issue is how the coaches make dumb decisions in a game for example im a freshman qb and ik that coaches usually dont start frosh but lets be real its 3 abd 12 and they elect a dive i see this and think hmmm let me audible to a pass we ended up getting stuffed....two games later were playing boise state and were down by three in field goal range with no time outs and .22 left on the clock my intelligent coach calls a draw play...we get stuffed and the clock runs out my point is u need to put smarter a.i or somethin bc thats ridiculous, give the player a little more freedom thats all

dsprague
01-23-2012, 08:19 PM
increased recruiting process, if your a qb in high school have the option to be invited to the elite 11 competiton, and if u have a great season and your an espn 150 recruit u can be invited to the high school semper fidelis, army, or under armour bowl games. when in college have the option to transfer schools if you dont like the offense/defense. as u go through your years show a difference in your players body for ex: when terrell pryor got to ohio state he was skinny by his junior year his arms were huge for a qb. make the players size and weight an absolute factor if ur a cornerback that ways 190 going up against a 6'5 230 pound tight end on a corner blitz the corner wont be able to shed the ends block as well

dsprague
01-23-2012, 08:21 PM
my biggest issue is how the coaches make dumb decisions in a game for example im a freshman qb and ik that coaches usually dont start frosh but lets be real its 3 abd 12 and they elect a dive i see this and think hmmm let me audible to a pass we ended up getting stuffed....two games later were playing boise state and were down by three in field goal range with no time outs and .22 left on the clock my intelligent coach calls a draw play...we get stuffed and the clock runs out my point is u need to put smarter a.i or somethin bc thats ridiculous, give the player a little more freedom thats all

illwill10
04-12-2012, 09:32 PM
After thinking about it, there is ONLY 2 things I want in RTG:
1. CQL- It will make it more enjoyable being able to have comparable attempts with other players. I would like to get over 300 rush attempts, 300+ pass attempts, chance at 100+ catches or 100 tackles without exploiting.
2. Better Playcalling. Coach calling plays that suit the players playstyle.

If they add those, I wouldnt care if they didnt add anything else.

TIMB0B
05-28-2012, 06:08 AM
1) Pre-senior season Sparq combine where you either edit (enter) your combine results, or actually user-control each drill.

2) GPAs and Aptitude Tests. These could go a long way determining if you could get offered by a school with certain academic requirements. (More on this below)

3) Online multiplayer RTG (that transfers to online dynasty). Not just like the current set up, but with the option that all users can play on the same high school team if they so choose.

4) Different playable camera angles, but like several posts up, a first-person view. Perhaps the camera angles could be according to the difficulty set up. Heisman = First person, whereas the easiest level could be the default view we play from in all other non-RTG modes.

The GPA (which I think should determine discipline on the field) would be a 20 question test on penalties. For RTG, the GPA would determine what program you could get into based on academic requirements, but for A.I. purposes it would also determine the penalty propensity of a player.

The Aptitude Test (which I think should determine a player's Xs and Os knowledge - either a new attribute that factors in playbook knowledge, or factored into position specific attributes such as blocking, route running - would account for busted assignments) would be a timed test of maybe 20 questions. The questions would be based on position specific Xs and Os. For example, if you're a WR, you'd need to identify the name of each route, who the X, Y, and Z receivers are, the difference between a Split End and Flanker, etc. An OL would need to identify the numbers of each hole/running lane, who the OT, OG, and Cs are, etc. A high Test Score in RTG would outweigh a GPA score in determining what program could be interested. However, during the off-season, a high test score would determine the degree of position specific attribute boost from your first year to the second. The higher your score, the higher your attribute goes up. Only in your first off-season though. Also, not limited to your first off-season, a high test score would determine the degree of awareness drop during position changes. The higher the score, the less amount of awareness drop. This goes for regular dynasty as well, not exclusively RTG mode. An aptitude test, like the wonderlic in the NFL, tests how quickly one processes information. So, the higher the score, the quicker you pick up the Xs and Os after your first off-season and any time you change positions.

dukebloo22
06-28-2012, 01:15 PM
I would like to see this implemented into NCAA 13, and I believe it has before in NCAA Football 10, but...

You get a certain amount of time to do things each week. You could choose to

- Party/Interact with Fans, which would increase your popularity
- Study, which would increase your GPA and maybe increase your awareness on the field
- Do extra drills, which would increase your attributes.
- Maybe go on talk shows, which would increase your fan base.

You try to keep a healthy balance of all 4 of those.

Also, if your GPA drops to under a certain point, you get suspended until you bring it back up. The needed GPA at Wake Forest is higher than the needed GPA at Alabama.

Also, the ability to pick a major, like say team logos and have to take tests/mid terms on them.

dukebloo22
06-28-2012, 01:16 PM
I would like to see this implemented into NCAA 13, and I believe it has before in NCAA Football 10, but...

- Study, which would increase your GPA and maybe increase your awareness on the field

Also, if your GPA drops to under a certain point, you get suspended until you bring it back up. The needed GPA at Wake Forest is higher than the needed GPA at Alabama.

Also, the ability to pick a major, like say team logos and have to take tests/mid terms on them.

OSUCowboyofMD
06-28-2012, 01:36 PM

Hit the nail right on the head. Exactly what I wanted to say :up::nod: