PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Sounds - NCAA Football 13 Wish List & Feedback

cdj
07-11-2011, 08:57 PM
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/NCAAFootballLogo.jpg

Stadium Sounds

Use this thread for wish list & feedback items relating to changes you would like to see in NCAA Football 13 as it relates to the Stadium Sounds feature.

Be clear, but concise in making your wishes. Any off-topic posts will be deleted.

onikuno
07-14-2011, 12:04 AM
GET RID OF THE GENERIC BAND MUSIC.

Nothing kills the atmosphere more when you make a key third down conversion only to hear random band music instead of your team's traditional fight song. I know you can edit that in stadium sounds....BUT you are stuck with it when you play bowl or neutral site games. I have yet to hear anyone say they like them. EA, PLEASE let the user have control. DO NOT force this crap upon us.

Either A) add more school specific fight songs... or B) DO NOT ADD RANDOM GENERIC MUSIC

souljahbill
07-14-2011, 09:52 AM
GET RID OF THE GENERIC BAND MUSIC.

Nothing kills the atmosphere more when you make a key third down conversion only to hear random band music instead of your team's traditional fight song. I know you can edit that in stadium sounds....BUT you are stuck with it when you play bowl or neutral site games. I have yet to hear anyone say they like them. EA, PLEASE let the user have control. DO NOT force this crap upon us.

Either A) add more school specific fight songs... or B) DO NOT ADD RANDOM GENERIC MUSIC

I think the opposite. I think they should add MORE music. More team specific music may be too much of an undertaking with stadium sounds being in the game but maybe they could it can be fixed to play during bowls or neutral site games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onikuno
07-15-2011, 10:49 AM
I think the opposite. I think they should add MORE music. More team specific music may be too much of an undertaking with stadium sounds being in the game but maybe they could it can be fixed to play during bowls or neutral site games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So why add generic crappy music when you give the user the options? Let the players have control over that. Don't force it upon us.

cdj
07-15-2011, 11:12 AM
Ideally, the game would have it set to play a fight song during those conversions/events versus the user having to set or import everything or more controls within this mode to set/use existing music.

In terms of new events, I'd like to see one for "Post-Game Victory."

Also, I'd like the ability for the game to recognize entire playlists so you could set up a pool of potential songs to play for an event versus the same song at the same event each and every time.

psusnoop
07-15-2011, 11:35 AM
Ideally, the game would have it set to play a fight song during those conversions/events versus the user having to set or import everything or more controls within this mode to set/use existing music.

In terms of new events, I'd like to see one for "Post-Game Victory."

Also, I'd like the ability for the game to recognize entire playlists so you could set up a pool of potential songs to play for an event versus the same song at the same event each and every time.

I quickly thought of Notre Dame when I read this. I went out to one of there games and liked watching there tradition play out in front of me (albeit I was a little tipsy, and lots frustrated after they hammered PSU) but it was still fun to soak up that tradition. Here is a copy because if I tried to type it all out in my own words I wouldn't give it justice.

In-game traditions - Prior to every game, the football team funnels out of the locker room and down to the tunnel before roaring onto the field. En route to the tunnel, each member of the team touches a sign that reads, "Play Like a Champion Today." During the game, between the end of the third quarter and the start of the fourth quarter, the band plays the 1812 Overture, to which the students make a chopping motion with their arms, to the beat of the song, and chant the current head coach's name.Perhaps the most emotional gameday tradition actually occurs after the game. Win or lose, the football team gathers in the Northwest corner of the end zone to join their fellow students in singing the alma mater. During the song, students and players are locked arm-in-arm and sway to the powerful song, which concludes with a prideful point to the heavens, in praise of Our Lady, "Notre Dame."

psusnoop
07-15-2011, 11:39 AM
Along those same lines, while subtle it would be cool to hear teams and their victory bells. Like OSU for instance.

SmoothPancakes
07-15-2011, 11:42 AM
Along those same lines, while subtle it would be cool to hear teams and their victory bells. Like OSU for instance.

Don't forget to include the bell ringers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I-4XS3XtZQ

:D

OSUCowboyofMD
08-06-2011, 02:53 AM
Is it possible to have the crowd go wild after a big TD??!?!....I've been wishing for years
http://youtu.be/8tk19twFr2w?t=10m24s

Rudy
08-06-2011, 05:32 AM
There are quite a few ways to improve Stadium Sounds.

1) Let you import your old stadium sounds from the previous year! Why should people have to redo all their work every single year?
2) When editing stadium sounds please don't default the team back to the top of the list. If I just added a custom stadium sound for Michigan, when I go to add another one please keep the team at Michigan. It's a lot easier to edit if the default was the last team you edited.
3) Allow more than one sound per event. A lot of teams will play a variety of songs during time outs or other situations. If you allowed up to 3 songs per event, just have the computer randomly pick one song to help keep it fresh.

OSUCowboyofMD
11-09-2011, 08:45 PM
Shaking cameras like in they had in previous generations

khlundgaard
11-19-2011, 09:44 PM
Touchdown: 11:21 this song when they score a TD. & "Touchdownnnnnnnnnnnnn Couggggggggggs!"

1st Down Thats another cougar first down! - Glenn Johnson

Entrance Song: Fight song

OSUCowboyofMD
12-15-2011, 04:21 PM
UMass fight song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saJjYS-pC-I

OSUCowboyofMD
12-15-2011, 04:28 PM
UTSA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uz4qzVRfo4

OSUCowboyofMD
12-15-2011, 04:30 PM
Texas State

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxujVBkAX9E

OSUCowboyofMD
12-15-2011, 04:34 PM
South Alabama

http://youtu.be/Og4eIlT4Uig?t=42s

stanfordfan1
12-23-2011, 01:18 AM
i know what you mean for example stanford plays all right now with the train horn at bowl games and usc plays fight-on and tribute to troy at the rose bowl game

KingE
01-13-2012, 08:41 PM
Why is the crowd a none factor theirs no reason why Oregon's stadium which is the loudest in college football to sound like like Wisconsin make crowd noise more effective

datubaman
05-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Personally, I think it would be awesome if they actually went around to each of the bands and actually found out what songs each band actually has in their library, how big the band is, what their general instrumentation is like, what their uniforms look like, what their pregame usually looks like, if they take their entire band or only part of the band to any away games, which ones they take them to, etc. The end result is that each band would actually look, sound, and act like the band at their respective school, thus adding a deeper level of immersion. Also, they should also do a great deal more research on the marching bands, which is such an integral part of the College Game Day Experience.