PDA

View Full Version : Bugs & Glitches - NCAA Football 12 Feedback

cdj
07-11-2011, 08:52 PM
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/NCAAFootballLogo.jpg

Bugs & Glitches

Use this thread for items relating to bugs & glitches found in NCAA Football 12.

Be clear, but concise in making your wishes. Any off-topic posts will be deleted.

Please list any and all steps and necessary details to reproduce the bug/glitch. If it cannot be reproduced, it cannot be fixed.

Dr Death
07-12-2011, 04:45 AM
Alright... first bug, which has already been posted about... When you create a Custom Playbook there are times during a game where you will see no plays, you will instead see this: ? Just a ? and no play. If you hit X Y or A your team will come out of the huddle in bunch and proceed to walk to the line of scrimmage in a tight group. The only way around this is to call a time out. This happened to me 4 times in one game, twice each half. In effect, costing me 4 of my 6 time-outs and, at the end of the first half this "bug" cost me 3 points and my QB was injured for two weeks all because I didn't have my TO's left. If I had had my TO's left I could have set up for a FG instead of having to run a play as the clock was running out and my QB would not have been hurt.

I did not have this problem on defense. My defense has over 300 plays in it, my offense only has 146. Now Custom Playbooks are supposed to be just that. CUSTOM! If I want a PB w/ only 25 plays... not counting ST's plays, I should be able to do that. I think the problem here is my PB has too few plays, therefor you get this bug. It also happened at the end of each half... once early in each half, once late.

This is a GAME KILLER for Dynasty and CC. Because this "bug" is going to cost people games. If you need to have X amount of plays in your PB, then EA should have told us this. Otherwise, this needs to be patched immediately.

Another problem, I guess I'll call this one a "glitch" is when the D has 3 down linemen and only rush those 3... in other words, they are not blitzing... the Tackles will just stand up and let the defensive end blow right past them. I played one game, 10 minute quarters, and lost 2 QB's when the D was in 3-3-5 and NOT blitzing. The replays show the RT at the end of the first half and the LT late in the game, just stand up and watch as the DE blows right past him and kills the QB.

ThaShark316
07-12-2011, 10:08 AM
Got the same Custom Playbook bug...

classic
07-12-2011, 10:53 AM
i got the same custom playbook bug as well...also i noticed when i ran ace trips that any time i would call the stick play in that formation that the QB would morph over to the right side right after the snap that is the only play in the formation that i noticed that but it is a killer cuz i love that route combo and how it picks up quick yards against zone

Koach Vonner
07-12-2011, 11:11 AM
I'm having the same damn Custom Playbook bug as you. However I have over 300 plays in mine so it's not a certain number. This sucks ass. I haven't even been able to play a QT cause calling timeouts doesn't work for me.

umhester04
07-12-2011, 12:34 PM
I have only seen this specifically on third down defense but my custom stadium sound plays during the play and after the play is over as well. Aren't they usualy supposed to stop once the play is beginning?

EDIT: It happened on kickoff too. The music played all the way until the next huddle. I am almost certain this isnt supposed to happen.

trioptionGator
07-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Not sure if this qualifies as a true "glitch" but I suppose I'll bring it up. On some running plays, the pre-snap play-art showing blocking assignments goes haywire. For instance, the left guard will be shown as blocking a defensive tackle in the A-gap, then his animation will switch to double-teaming the defensive end, and then onto blocking a linebacker lined up across from him. This process is repeated for every guy in the box who has a blocking assignment.

I've noticed this mostly on zone running plays. For a situation that can be reproduced, here was my latest one:

Game type: Play now, Vanderbilt @ Florida, All-American, 9 min. quarters, default sliders, default playbooks
Game time: 6:42 remaining in first quarter
Down and distance: Florida ball, 2nd and 4 from the Vanderbilt 33, ball is roughly halfway in between the middle of the field and the right hash
Offensive play called: Weak-I zone read
Defensive alignment: Looks like a 4-3 Over, with the LDE lined up outside the RT. Two of the three linebackers playing very close up to the line of scrimmage. MLB is lined up over the LG and the ROLB is lined up over the tight end to the strong side of the formation. 2 safeties high. It's tough to tell what the D was running but it looked like a 3-high zone possibly.

Now, I should point out that the blocking on the actual play was executed quite nicely (I love running in '12 so far) and the play went for a 10-yard gain. Again, nothing game-killing, but something that may be an issue if you want to know exactly who is getting blocked and how.

RTerry25
07-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Dis custom playbook bug is killin me!!!!!

RTerry25
07-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Had to burn all my TOs n da 1st qrter...SMDH

Jayrah
07-12-2011, 03:11 PM
1: Alright I am playing an OD with my brother. I'm WSU and he's Oregon. We've each played 3 games on the same console, and he has had his games freeze within the final 2 minutes of each and every game. I see no common variable except that we've changed profiles and not turned the game off, and then resigned in and gone back into OD. This is bad. Luckily all his games have been in doubt so we've just simmed the correct result in.

2: Had my WR get hurt with a leg injury (can't remember which one dang it) in week 1, out for 10 weeks. But in week 2 he was back and healthy. He then got hurt for 4 more weeks after spraining his elbow. All he does is kick return :D

Jayrah
07-12-2011, 03:29 PM
Arizona qb (foles qb#8) just rolled out to the right as a right hander (normal), then when he set up he flopped to a lefty qb (wrong hand), then when he went to throw he flipped back to the correct stance and let it go right handed. This was funny, but not natural.

jaymo76
07-12-2011, 03:36 PM
My custom playbook has TWO sections for I FORMATION. 3 I forms on one page and 2 I forms on another page. It's really annoying. Plus the I falls after special teams???
'

Jayrah
07-12-2011, 03:45 PM
There are still several instances where the WR doesn't make any attempt at a pass that he should. I know there's the diving catch but if you don't decide to trigger the WR hands should at least reach for the ball.

Jayrah
07-12-2011, 03:52 PM
1 second left in the half after a first down inside the 5 yard line. Hurry up is being called due to 0 time outs left. And the stupid espn instant replay pops up!!!!!!!!! Of course, once it does that you cannot call hurry up and the last second ticks off the clock. This is not a glitch but in the last minute of any half there should not be any instant replays. NONE. Please patch immediately! This cost me points and instead of having a 3 yard shot at leading at the half, I end up kicking it and other team scores to make it a 2 score game. FRUSTRATED!

gschwendt
07-12-2011, 04:17 PM
For those that are experiencing the custom playbook bug where you don't see a play to pick from and your team then all lines up together on top of the ball, please use this thread for discussion (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2724-Custom-Playbook-quot-zero-play-quot-Bug-Discussion).

My custom playbook has TWO sections for I FORMATION. 3 I forms on one page and 2 I forms on another page. It's really annoying. Plus the I falls after special teams???
'Can you take a picture of what you're seeing? I've not heard of that issue and want to see exactly what is occurring.

souljahbill
07-12-2011, 04:37 PM
I'm trying to do protected rivals in a 16-team conference and no matter what I select, the option I choose doesn't stick. It goes back to whatever it was previously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotmadskillzson
07-12-2011, 04:56 PM
Game froze on Xbox 360 in a regular play now game in the 1st quarter. Had to restart my system.

Xbox 360 slim 250 HDD. 1 year old. And yes game is installed to the hard drive.

cdj
07-12-2011, 05:45 PM
From last year:

- After exiting Dynasty Mode, the on-screen ticker still gives Dynasty News as compared to switching back to ESPN news & info.

- Users cannot sort Defensive Player Stats by Total Tackles. The game sorts Total Tackles by Solo Tackles instead.

souljahbill
07-12-2011, 06:04 PM
So, I'm playing a dynasty game and I'm an OC. My HC decides to go for it on 4th and 1, up 28-0. I get dinged for unsportsmanship. LOL! Thanks, coach! :D

classic
07-12-2011, 06:08 PM
i had the same prob the one guy had where my i forms would show up in two different spots

SmoothPancakes
07-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Game froze on Xbox 360 in a regular play now game in the 1st quarter. Had to restart my system.

Xbox 360 slim 250 HDD. 1 year old. And yes game is installed to the hard drive.

I unfortunately had this issue earlier. I was playing a Play Now Coach Mode game between Army and Navy, my very first play of the 4th quarter, the QB threw a pass and it froze right before the ball reached the receiver.

XBox 360 Elite, 120 GB HDD, 2 years old. And same here, game is installed to the drive. I don't even play a single game once without first installing it to the hard drive.

kirbyp456
07-12-2011, 07:07 PM
Not really a bug, but defensive linemen on shotgun run plays seem to bust through the line unchallenged, and OLman still miss blocks. These seemed to be fixed in the Demo!'

themoonisdown09
07-12-2011, 10:11 PM
Is it just me or does the pump fake not work for PS3? I've tried moving the right stick in every direction and I can't get my QB to pump fake. This is really annoying for me.

JeffHCross
07-12-2011, 10:24 PM
Is it just me or does the pump fake not work for PS3? I've tried moving the right stick in every direction and I can't get my QB to pump fake. This is really annoying for me.I've made my share of pump fakes, but I've also had a few times where I did one and it didn't show. Not quite sure what's going on.

jaymo76
07-12-2011, 10:51 PM
For those that are experiencing the custom playbook bug where you don't see a play to pick from and your team then all lines up together on top of the ball, please use this thread for discussion (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2724-Custom-Playbook-quot-zero-play-quot-Bug-Discussion).

Can you take a picture of what you're seeing? I've not heard of that issue and want to see exactly what is occurring.

Wish I could but the wife has the camera tonight and I don't have any TV burning capturing abilities. However, when I go to the play call screen FORMATIONS, I scroll through and it goes ACE, the I (which only has three formations). They are the formations from Ohio St.'s book. Then I keep scrolling and after special teams I have another package labeled I formations. It's really strange and very annoying. I might actually re-do thwe custom book just to see if I can get rid of the issue.

themoonisdown09
07-12-2011, 11:06 PM
I've made my share of pump fakes, but I've also had a few times where I did one and it didn't show. Not quite sure what's going on.

I finally got my QB to do a pump fake. It seems like you have to mash the right stick. I didn't have to do this in NCAA 11, so I'm not sure if the sensitivity has changed for it.

Marlowe
07-13-2011, 12:20 AM
playing through a throwaway dynasty until the rosters come out...anyway I went to change some audibles but as soon as I scrolled past the offense to the defensive audibles, the game freezes with the "retrieving audibles info" text at the bottom...playing with a custom playbook.

edit:
Loaded the dynasty up again and did the same thing only I changed the playbook back to default...same result.
My NCAA>Strategy>Scroll to Audibles=retrieving audibles info...game freeze :/
System: PS3

cdj
07-13-2011, 12:52 AM
From @mctrees02 on Twitter:

http://twitpic.com/5pcse4
In RTG, the coach decided to punt on 2nd & Goal.

osufan4life
07-13-2011, 08:19 AM
Couple of RTG 'issues' after playing through my HS regular season (10 games) as HB and SS on AA default sliders/subs via XBOX 360.
After two or three runs I'd get subbed out or after any long runs. Sometimes after one play if I had been on d for a sustained drive. Sometimes I'd play a possession on D and then when then when it was time to go back on O I'd never see the field (but the backup HB would get carries). Very frustrating. I think the most carries I had in a game was 12. Other times I'd get to carry on the first drive of a possession and the quarter would end or my team would use a time out and I'd be taken out of the game for multiple plays. Of course I was a blocker on punt returns and covering punts so that didn't help.

After making it to college I rarely get subbed out so I'm sure the 'issue' showed up from playing iron man.

psuexv
07-13-2011, 09:17 AM
Two bugs that I've found

I believe this happened last year but when the CPU tries to ice you at the end of the game, if they have 3 timeouts they burn them all. Last night I scored to tie the game with :00 on the clock and lined up for the Extra Point to win. The CPU burned 3 timeouts in a row trying to ice me.

2nd issue I saw. Went into highlights to view a replay midgame. The menu's were messed up. The score box was displaying over top of the bottom menus and I couldn't scroll down to them. I backed out and back in and it correct. I thought I took a pick but don't have it on my phone. If I see it again I will.

themoonisdown09
07-13-2011, 11:10 AM
Two bugs that I've found

I believe this happened last year but when the CPU tries to ice you at the end of the game, if they have 3 timeouts they burn them all. Last night I scored to tie the game with :00 on the clock and lined up for the Extra Point to win. The CPU burned 3 timeouts in a row trying to ice me.

2nd issue I saw. Went into highlights to view a replay midgame. The menu's were messed up. The score box was displaying over top of the bottom menus and I couldn't scroll down to them. I backed out and back in and it correct. I thought I took a pick but don't have it on my phone. If I see it again I will.

I noticed the first issue in NCAA 11. The second issue I noticed last night. I was trying to view the game controls and I noticed a lot of other menu options that you couldn't select. I'm not sure what's going on there.

steelerfan
07-13-2011, 12:23 PM
I finally got my QB to do a pump fake. It seems like you have to mash the right stick. I didn't have to do this in NCAA 11, so I'm not sure if the sensitivity has changed for it.

It has changed, and I'm not a fan of it on 12.

cdj
07-13-2011, 12:35 PM

Related to that....

In a game Monday, I played Iowa (CPU) at Nebraska (cdj). I scored a TD with about :20 to go to make the score 16-13, XP pending. The CPU proceeded to burn all three timeouts before the PAT attempt. It seemed like the AI thought the PAT was for a field goal to tie the game, hence the CPU attempting to ice the kick....with excessive timeouts.

psuexv
07-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Related to that....

In a game Monday, I played Iowa (CPU) at Nebraska (cdj). I scored a TD with about :20 to go to make the score 16-13, XP pending. The CPU proceeded to burn all three timeouts before the PAT attempt. It seemed like the AI thought the PAT was for a field goal to tie the game, hence the CPU attempting to ice the kick....with excessive timeouts.

Yeah I remember this from last year but don't remember it on the Extra Points, thought it was bizarre

ebarws6
07-14-2011, 12:56 AM
Soooo I just started up a RTG and I set my team name as "Dragons." The PA announcer calls us this but on our field one of the endzone says "Bills." Wtf? BTW, I made the team on-console and not on teambuilder. Anyone else seen something like this?

ebarws6
07-14-2011, 01:30 AM
Now, I have an opposing high school team who I have set as the "Trojans" who have that correctly in their endzone, but on their jersies it says "Cobras." WTF? :D :fp:

onikuno
07-14-2011, 08:33 AM
Had a moment where a Kansas linebacker ran through the line judge like he was a ghost to make an interception.

jbmorden19
07-14-2011, 12:50 PM
I'm having two major issues - can anyone please let me know if you are experiencing same thing

1-when I put a running back in motion with a pass out of the backfield, if I hike the ball before he stops his motion he stops running the route and immediately takes a blocking stance
2-Every 5 plays or so, I seem to lose control of the pre-play player change button. In formation/play where I know I can control a wide-receiver pre-snap and choose to send him in motion, when I hit the button for player control, it won't let me switch to the player I wants and just starts to hyperactively switch the circle selector back and forth between a couple linemen...

Thanks for any replies in advance....

cdj
07-14-2011, 04:37 PM
PS3 - Missing highlights

Had this happen online and off. When attempting to Manage Highlights, no image appears - just a black box where the pic belongs. I saved the file and then went to view it in My Highlights to see if it would appear, but no such luck.

souljahbill
07-14-2011, 05:39 PM
I'm trying to do protected rivals in a 16-team conference and no matter what I select, the option I choose doesn't stick. It goes back to whatever it was previously.

Ok, in a 16-Team conference when trying to make protected rivalries, slots 3, 4, 5, and 6 change to what I want to. Slots 1, 2, 7, and 8 are not changing. Can anyone else confirm having the same problem?

growndhawgg
07-14-2011, 07:07 PM
My RTG high school had 3 nicknames!
I typed in blazers and my first few home games said BISON in the end zones. A few games later and we were the conquistadors. The announcer still said "touchdown Blazers."

natcret
07-14-2011, 09:31 PM
Here is a new one. If you guys have EA's ear please pass this on.

I also realize that I will prob open up a can of quips and puns, but can't be helped.

Started my first RTG tonight and was in the player creation screen. My last name is Cox and when putting in my last name, I got a warning pop-up that stated

"! Profane Text. The text has profanity in it. Please correct it in order to proceed."

So I then tested this using other real life-legit names: Dickerson, Dickson, Cocker, Cockran... All of these real life legit names were rejected. It also happens when you create a character in any other mode.

Not cool.

youngen56
07-14-2011, 10:03 PM
whenever I'm playing a game after the 2nd have kickoff the gametrack doesn't trigger and at the end of the game there is not any post game presentation instead it just goes straight to the exit game menu. This also happened when i was playing the demo. Any suggestions?

youngen56
07-14-2011, 10:04 PM
I'm on 360

cdj
07-14-2011, 10:27 PM
Here is a new one. If you guys have EA's ear please pass this on.

I also realize that I will prob open up a can of quips and puns, but can't be helped.

Started my first RTG tonight and was in the player creation screen. My last name is Cox and when putting in my last name, I got a warning pop-up that stated

"! Profane Text. The text has profanity in it. Please correct it in order to proceed."

So I then tested this using other real life-legit names: Dickerson, Dickson, Cocker, Cockran... All of these real life legit names were rejected. It also happens when you create a character in any other mode.

Not cool.

Go offline during name editing and it should work. They are looking into getting that one straightened out.

Buckwild58
07-14-2011, 10:40 PM
In my custom pb, i have two i form sections, not in the same tab, and on another note i wish we could change the order of tabs in the playbook, like have my ace, then shotgun, etc.:fp:

psuexv
07-15-2011, 08:26 AM
As SP and I have been talking about in the RTG thread, there is an issue with the Sim on the kickoffs at the start of the game and at the start of the half. I've noticed this also happening when you are a coordinator. If I'm the OC and we receive the kickoff to start the 3rd, I don't get to play that 1st series. It cycles through an offense and defensive series and then you get to play.

Seems to be an overall problem with the Sim not specific to RTG. The work around is to either "watch" the kickoff or just select sim the next play.

cdj
07-15-2011, 12:41 PM
(PS3) When exiting Online Dynasty or following an OD game, Autosave ON does not actually auto-save your Profile. It still has to be done manually.

Solidice
07-15-2011, 01:19 PM
The Fly Sweep out of Ace - Big is bugged(360 version). The WR misses the hand-off the majority of the time. luckily the QB is able to move afterwards so it does give you a chance to try and make something happen. strangely, when you flip the play, it works. It just seems to be the original direction(right to left motion) that is bugged.

If it makes a difference, I'm using a custom playbook using Texas Tech as the base.

natcret
07-15-2011, 07:46 PM
Go offline during name editing and it should work. They are looking into getting that one straightened out.

Thanks CDJ

Buckeye
07-15-2011, 10:08 PM
Feature: Custom Playbooks

Console: PS3, but reports on 360 as well elsewhere on the interwebs

Issue: Seemingly random blank assignment of formation audibles. Certain formation audibles are empty in certain formations of the custom playbook

Potential Root Cause (based on user testing): It appears that there are multiple sets of formation audibles for the same formation in the stock books, and if you include these plays from across audible sets, one of the formation audibles is left unassigned, or 'empty'. Removing plays to ensure that there is no more than one 'formation audible' play for each type of audible (Quick, Run, Deep, PA) in the custom playbook seems to resolve the issue. But this is based on sample testing so cause cannot be established with certainty.

Impact: User is unable to choose all the plays he/she wants in a formation because the plays might be hidden formation audibles from different sets

Workaround: None for all practical purposes, as it involves manually testing each set of run, PA, quick and deep passing plays to ensure there is no overlap. The alternative is to include all the desired plays, but use the custom playbooks feature without functioning formation audibles, thereby rendering the audible feature useless

shockscape
07-16-2011, 01:11 PM
Feature: Custom Playbooks

Console: PS3, but reports on 360 as well elsewhere on the interwebs

Issue: Seemingly random blank assignment of formation audibles. Certain formation audibles are empty in certain formations of the custom playbook

Potential Root Cause (based on user testing): It appears that there are multiple sets of formation audibles for the same formation in the stock books, and if you include these plays from across audible sets, one of the formation audibles is left unassigned, or 'empty'. Removing plays to ensure that there is no more than one 'formation audible' play for each type of audible (Quick, Run, Deep, PA) in the custom playbook seems to resolve the issue. But this is based on sample testing so cause cannot be established with certainty.

Impact: User is unable to choose all the plays he/she wants in a formation because the plays might be hidden formation audibles from different sets

Workaround: None for all practical purposes, as it involves manually testing each set of run, PA, quick and deep passing plays to ensure there is no overlap. The alternative is to include all the desired plays, but use the custom playbooks feature without functioning formation audibles, thereby rendering the audible feature useless

An easy fix for the blank screens on the custom playbooks, until a patch to fix it comes around. I press the button (R1 for PS3 users) for sim mode and then exit out of sim mode and my plays show up in my playbook and I didn't waste but a couple of seconds doing it.

Buckeye
07-16-2011, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. If you read my post again you'll find that this is a (separate) formation audible issue in the custom playbooks feature, not the 'all plays are blank in my custom playbook!' issue.

An easy fix for the blank screens on the custom playbooks, until a patch to fix it comes around. I press the button (R1 for PS3 users) for sim mode and then exit out of sim mode and my plays show up in my playbook and I didn't waste but a couple of seconds doing it.

CLW
07-16-2011, 02:34 PM
I am having issues with the game freezing/lagging for a second or two after every big play on the PS3.

morsdraconis
07-16-2011, 03:25 PM
Ok, in a 16-Team conference when trying to make protected rivalries, slots 3, 4, 5, and 6 change to what I want to. Slots 1, 2, 7, and 8 are not changing. Can anyone else confirm having the same problem?

Just out of curiosity, are you trying to set a rivalry with the same team twice (like Michigan vs Ohio State and Michigan vs Michigan State for instance)?

I also noticed an issue where, sometimes, if you are trying to change a rivalry within that section, it won't change until you switch it at the spot where it's set at before (like, Michigan State vs Michigan but you want to make it Ohio State vs Michigan but the Michigan State option won't relinquish Michigan so you have to change the Michigan State vs Michigan one to someone else first before you can make it Ohio State vs Michigan).

Is that the issue you're talkin' about?

souljahbill
07-16-2011, 03:39 PM
Just out of curiosity, are you trying to set a rivalry with the same team twice (like Michigan vs Ohio State and Michigan vs Michigan State for instance)?

I also noticed an issue where, sometimes, if you are trying to change a rivalry within that section, it won't change until you switch it at the spot where it's set at before (like, Michigan State vs Michigan but you want to make it Ohio State vs Michigan but the Michigan State option won't relinquish Michigan so you have to change the Michigan State vs Michigan one to someone else first before you can make it Ohio State vs Michigan).

Is that the issue you're talkin' about?

More or less. Here's the set-up:

MAC
North
1. Michigan (Ohio St.)
2. Michigan St. (Kentucky)
3. Eastern Michigan (W.K.)
4. Central Michigan (Louisville)
5. Western Michigan (Cincinnati)
6. Toledo (Miami OH)
7. Bowling Green (Ohio)
8. Kent St. (Akron)
South
9. Kentucky
10. Louisville
11. Western Kentucky
12. Akron
13. Ohio
14. Ohio St.
15. Cincinnatti
16. Miami (OH)

The teams in parentheses are the protected rivalries I'm trying to create but when I start setting them up, not all of them change. For instance, I'm unable to protect Michigan vs. Ohio St. They're in opposite divisions so I want to make sure they definitely play each other every year.

jaymo76
07-18-2011, 12:44 PM
In my custom pb, i have two i form sections, not in the same tab, and on another note i wish we could change the order of tabs in the playbook, like have my ace, then shotgun, etc.:fp:

Me too... it drives me nuts. SOmeone in another thread speculate that I and I flex were seperated???

Jayrah
07-20-2011, 05:29 AM
Had my WR get hurt with a leg injury (can't remember which one dang it) in week 1, out for 10 weeks. But in week 2 he was back and healthy. He then got hurt for 4 more weeks after spraining his elbow. All he does is kick return :D

My bro's rb just had a dislocated elbow in week 2 and was down for 8 weeks....except he's back the next week. Injury bug. Seen twice now and needs to be fixed.

biggee04
07-20-2011, 11:16 PM
the same thing is happening to me about 3 to 4 times a game

Basmare
07-21-2011, 07:14 AM
I think I noticed 2 bugs (PS3), not very big problems:

1. During fieldgoals and PAT's, the ball seems to go through the net.

2. When arranging your custom schedule, one week will say the opposite from what you set up, for example: at the top it says Memphis AT Arkansas State, while you have it set up as Arkansas state at Memphis.

Basmare
07-21-2011, 09:51 AM
I think I noticed 2 bugs (PS3), not very big problems:

1. During fieldgoals and PAT's, the ball seems to go through the net.

2. When arranging your custom schedule, one week will say the opposite from what you set up, for example: at the top it says Memphis AT Arkansas State, while you have it set up as Arkansas state at Memphis.

Edit on 1: Sometimes that is...

Unconquered
07-22-2011, 06:56 PM
The play Ace Twin TE -> PA End Around seems to have a minor bug: The X receiver clearly runs a pattern downfield after the PA fake and is an eligible receiver, but you can't throw to him. He has no passing icon.

This is on Xbox 360.

buckeye02
07-22-2011, 11:57 PM
On RTG, i'm a HB and on speed option plays when the QB pitches the ball to me. If the ball gets deflected on a pitch it acts like an incomplete pass.

baseballplyrmvp
07-23-2011, 11:43 AM
play action waggle passes have a broken animation, where after the handoff, the qb doesnt turn for his backside rollout.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/83428734

Unconquered
07-23-2011, 12:32 PM
On Xbox 360, the quick replay function (pressing LB + RB together after a play) is broken. It's supposed to take you to the replay screen, but it doesn't work.

The quick replay function is advertised on the tips screen when a game is loading.

salokin
07-23-2011, 01:44 PM
has anyone been able to play a full game online on ps3 i have only been able to play 6 full games i have tried about 20 the game keeps losing connection i thought it was my internet but i talked to some of my friends and they are having the same problem is their anyway to fix this

themoonisdown09
07-23-2011, 03:26 PM
I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned, but there is a bug when playing Road to Glory as a HB. I have the coaches trust all the way up to "Hometown Hero" and I'm supposed to be able to flip a running play at the line, but I can't do it. I've tried pressing :ps3sq: to call an audible, I've tried pressing :ps3R2:, I've tried pushing the right stick to the right/left, but no luck.

There is also a level called "Veteran Starter" where you were supposed to be able to flip the play on the play call screen, but I wasn't able to do that either.

The only thing I've been able to successfully do is choose a different play by pressing :ps3L2:. Anybody else having this problem? It's pretty annoying.

GatorBait06NC
07-24-2011, 04:27 AM
Im waiting to hear from a mod about moving my two big RTG glitches here. In the meantime....if its not too much to ask, could this atleast be mentioned to EA

Change Florida's team color back to Orange. So the Gators shoes will be orange again. We do not wear blue shoes. Nothing major, but I assumed EAs purpose for coloring the cleats last year was to represent authenticity and get it right for each team, so please fix it for Florida. Currently Florida looks silly wearing blue shoes, especially when saving photos and highlights. The color was right in NCAA 11, for some reason they changed it in NCAA 12 and made it wrong. Just hoping this minor correction can be thrown in with all the fixes.

steelerfan
07-24-2011, 04:53 AM
That is, at least, the 5th post you're made about UF's shoe color. We ALL get it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Bamafan3723
07-24-2011, 09:49 AM
(PS3)
"Teambuilder Protected Rivalries/Scheduling Glitch"
When I import my Teambuilder Alabama into a dynasty in place of the real Alabama the protected rivalry with Tennessee disappears. They rotate off the schedule in year 2 when they should always be on the schedule. My question, is there a way to set protected rivals for a Teambuilder team that actually works? I know you inherit the main rival but what about the others. In my case, Tennessee.

The schedules also get thrown out of wack when importing a Teambuilder team which I had already read that would happen but it would be nice if EA would give us the option to inherit the EXACT schedule of the team you are replacing. Or better yet, give us the option to customize conference schedules as well as OOC.

gn7593
07-24-2011, 01:10 PM
I was playing yesterday against....i think Arizona St. The QB dropped back, as my defense came to get him, he turned around with his back to the receivers and threw a strike to one of his receivers. It was unbelievable. They even showed a replay of it. I actually gave up on the play thinking it was over. His throwing motion went one way, and the ball went the other way. I'm still freaked out about it.

Also, the USC band needs sunglasses.

gn7593
07-24-2011, 01:11 PM
There also needs to be a commish function where you can disable restarts or limit them.

cdj
07-24-2011, 01:54 PM
There also needs to be a commish function where you can disable restarts or limit them.

I agree with you, but keep in mind that the number shown is off by one. It may say "Restarted 2 times", but they actually only 'restarted' once. It counts the first attempt as one restart.

baseballplyrmvp
07-24-2011, 04:33 PM
I agree with you, but keep in mind that the number shown is off by one. It may say "Restarted 2 times", but they actually only 'restarted' once. It counts the first attempt as one restart.

couldnt the wording just be changed then? like instead of "restarted 2 times", they could correct it by saying "started game 2 times"

it'd fix the issue of it being off by one.

cdj
07-24-2011, 04:39 PM
couldnt the wording just be changed then? like instead of "restarted 2 times", they could correct it by saying "started game 2 times"

it'd fix the issue of it being off by one.

It's minor thing, but I will drop a line to see if it can be addressed server side. The wording is confusing and probably puts a lot of owners into undeserved hot water.

JerzeyReign
07-24-2011, 05:04 PM
I have an issue, hence the reason I posted in this thread I guess :)

I'm currently playing as the OC at Temple (check my career in the Career Recap Section) and as I was going over my stats I see that I always have 'missed' opportunities in the Red Zone. I recorded every single offensive play I've run so far and I have no missed how often the game records. I'm not sure whats causing these 'empty trips' being recorded but maybe its caused by me bringing in the field goal unit. Maybe the game is recording that as a missed opportunity instead of 'good money'.

Has anyone else noticed this? For stats and video proof please visit my Coaching Career thread for that information.

cdj
07-24-2011, 05:11 PM
So basically, it is inflating your number of red zone trips? Just want to make sure I follow 100%.

Basmare
07-24-2011, 05:14 PM
I have an issue, hence the reason I posted in this thread I guess :)

I'm currently playing as the OC at Temple (check my career in the Career Recap Section) and as I was going over my stats I see that I always have 'missed' opportunities in the Red Zone. I recorded every single offensive play I've run so far and I have no missed how often the game records. I'm not sure whats causing these 'empty trips' being recorded but maybe its caused by me bringing in the field goal unit. Maybe the game is recording that as a missed opportunity instead of 'good money'.

Has anyone else noticed this? For stats and video proof please visit my Coaching Career thread for that information.

I noticed the same in my OC career with MTSU. No problem as HC. I think when the defense is simulated, stats of the offense of the opposing team is included in your stats or something. Very strange...

JerzeyReign
07-24-2011, 05:15 PM
Honestly, I'm not certain. I have to go back and look. Will have to get back to you.

Basmare
07-24-2011, 05:19 PM
Honestly, I'm not certain. I have to go back and look. Will have to get back to you.

Ok cool. I found it strange that in-game I was playing and it said Red zone numbers 5 ATT 3 TD 1 FG and I think I was like: ''Huh, 5 trips' - can't remember 5 trips!''

JerzeyReign
07-24-2011, 05:22 PM
Actually, I was directing that towards CDJ. You may be right, I'm not sure. I'll look over my videos and will try to pinpoint the culprit.

Basmare
07-24-2011, 05:38 PM
Actually, I was directing that towards CDJ. You may be right, I'm not sure. I'll look over my videos and will try to pinpoint the culprit.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding - I'm just that shortsighted huh :P. Thx for looking into it.

baseballplyrmvp
07-24-2011, 07:09 PM
play action waggle passes have a broken animation, where after the handoff, the qb doesnt turn for his backside rollout.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/83428734

i tried a different waggle pass in one game today, and instead of having the rollout go to the left, i found one that had it going to the right and the animation was correct. tried another waggle that went left and the same stuck animation happened like in the vid.

cdj
07-24-2011, 07:33 PM
i tried a different waggle pass in one game today, and instead of having the rollout go to the left, i found one that had it going to the right and the animation was correct. tried another waggle that went left and the same stuck animation happened like in the vid.

Do you have the exact formation and play name for that (or any other plays like it)?

Dukie98
07-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Several things I've noticed:

On the online dynasty website, when you click on "game details" for your game, most of the time the first two tabs are correct, but the "player stats" tab lists players from a different game within the OD. For example -- I played Western Michigan against Central Michigan, but the players stats are from Tulane-UAB, even though the linescore at the top of the page is correct. Also, on the "team stats" tab, the rushing totals are not indicated.

So far, no pancakes have been recorded in any of my OD games, either for my team or the opponent (playing on All-American). As best as I can tell, from seeing other boxscores in the dynasty, I haven't seen any pancakes registered in anyone's games.

The Defensive Player of the Week awards seem to be off -- for example, in a week when one of my corners returned an INT for a touchdown, the conference player of the week only had 4 assisted tackles, but wasn't listed as having any sacks/ fumbles/ interceptions. I've seen several occasions already where someone gets defensive POTW with 2 or 3 tackles, but nothing more. From the few weeks I've seen, it doesn't appear that anyone is credited with an INT for the player of the week listing -- either it's not taking it into account at all in making the selection, or simply not displaying the relevant stats.

baseballplyrmvp
07-24-2011, 09:25 PM

Do you have the exact formation and play name for that (or any other plays like it)?

ace y trips pa ctr waggle..... video'd play is flipped. slot receiver H.R. to out route instead of corner route. without any changes, the stuck animation still happens, where the slot receiver runs a corner.

qb gets stuck in his rollout animation going to the left, however, rolling out to his right works just fine.

edit** there's also a pa waggle play in ace twin te....add that to the list of formations (cant remember the play name though). again, it only happens when the rollout is to the left for me.

JerzeyReign
07-26-2011, 08:29 AM
@cdj

I haven't seen any reason/differences in why/how its counting these 'extra' and failed redzone trips. I will note that in my last game it happened on the opening drive with only my team having the ball up until that point. Not sure whats causing it because I thought it may have been counting the CPU's trips into my own but that doesn't fit what I'm seeing.

So far, no reason to base this off of... it just happens :shrugs:

psuexv
07-26-2011, 10:21 AM
Not sure if this is a bug or if they deliberately took it out this year. If I'm running a speed option out of the Ace Big set, I can't quick flip the play at the line of scrimmage with the R stick.

GatorBait06NC
07-26-2011, 10:30 AM
That is, at least, the 5th post you're made about UF's shoe color. We ALL get it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

BLAM, ORANGE. To answer your meanlingless post downing my first post in this thread regarding UFs cleats.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b388/gatorbait85/UFjeffdempspow2.jpg

On a serious note, it looks like the dreaded RTG glitch that messes up your schedule and causes you to watch the Eastern Michigan vs Ball State game has something to do with Boston College. At least if you are playing as Virginia Tech. Because it has happened again in the same RTG for me, and both teams it involves a fictional game against Boston College.

My sophomore year I was 5-0 with a game against Clemson coming up. The advance week screen showed my next game was at Boston College. So I advanced the week and it still showed me @ Boston College while my schedule said @ Clemson. I tried to play the game and it loaded up Eastern Michigan vs Ball State. It would sim through the game since my player was involved and freeze at the end.

Work around was to skip the week, which I beat Clemson in a sim game. Then the actual Boston College game 2 weeks later was missing and my advancement schedule was showing that I had a bye. So I actually played Boston College in a simmed game while the RTG menu showed me as having a bye. I lost two games playing because of that glitch.

Thats old, now to the new issue. Junior season went through fine. Senior season comes up, and week 5 im supposed to play Northern Illinois. Well my advancement schedule says that Im playing Boston College that week. Boston College isnt even on my schedule for the season, so if I decide to progress I dont know what will actually happen when I get to that point in the season. It looks like I will only lose 1 game this time as all the other games show up on my schedule and are in line with the advancement menu.

So it has some kind of weird glitch with Virginia Tech playing Boston College.

Once I get to that point in the season, I will update what actually happens. Im curious to see if it loads up another Eastern Michigan vs Ball State game.

gschwendt
07-26-2011, 11:00 AM
I think the cleats issue can be put to rest... I highly doubt EA will bother with correcting that. I'm honestly not sure they even can in a simple manner. Needless to say though, it's been mentioned enough, time to move on regarding that subject.

As for your Road to Glory issue, I've passed along the details you've posted to the dev that works on RTG as well as other devs so that hopefully they can determine what's happening. Anymore details you come across, let us know and we'll forward them along as well.

roccogator
07-26-2011, 11:25 AM
On a serious note, it looks like the dreaded RTG glitch that messes up your schedule and causes you to watch the Eastern Michigan vs Ball State game has something to do with Boston College. At least if you are playing as Virginia Tech. Because it has happened again in the same RTG for me, and both teams it involves a fictional game against Boston College.

Have seen some weird stuff in dynasty mode with the Virginia Tech and Boston College game as well. So I think it has something to do with scheduling in general and isn't relegated to RTG.

I usually go through and sim the top 25 games after I play my game in dynasty mode. One week (sorry I didn't make note of which one) there was a Virginia Tech vs. Boston College game on the schedule. After I sim it, it gives me a game recap for Eastern Michigan vs. Ball State, but the Virginia Tech vs. Boston College matchup remains on the schedule. Also noticed that Virginia Tech had a second game scheduled that week. Advancing the week got me past the glitched game, but I am not sure what would have happened if you were Virginia Tech or Boston College.

JerzeyReign
07-26-2011, 11:43 AM

My sophomore year I was 5-0 with a game against Clemson coming up. The advance week screen showed my next game was at Boston College. So I advanced the week and it still showed me @ Boston College while my schedule said @ Clemson. I tried to play the game and it loaded up Eastern Michigan vs Ball State. It would sim through the game since my player was involved and freeze at the end.

Work around was to skip the week, which I beat Clemson in a sim game. Then the actual Boston College game 2 weeks later was missing and my advancement schedule was showing that I had a bye. So I actually played Boston College in a simmed game while the RTG menu showed me as having a bye. I lost two games playing because of that glitch.

Thats old, now to the new issue. Junior season went through fine. Senior season comes up, and week 5 im supposed to play Northern Illinois. Well my advancement schedule says that Im playing Boston College that week. Boston College isnt even on my schedule for the season, so if I decide to progress I dont know what will actually happen when I get to that point in the season. It looks like I will only lose 1 game this time as all the other games show up on my schedule and are in line with the advancement menu.

So it has some kind of weird glitch with Virginia Tech playing Boston College.

Once I get to that point in the season, I will update what actually happens. Im curious to see if it loads up another Eastern Michigan vs Ball State game.

Have seen some weird stuff in dynasty mode with the Virginia Tech and Boston College game as well. So I think it has something to do with scheduling in general and isn't relegated to RTG.

I usually go through and sim the top 25 games after I play my game in dynasty mode. One week (sorry I didn't make note of which one) there was a Virginia Tech vs. Boston College game on the schedule. After I sim it, it gives me a game recap for Eastern Michigan vs. Ball State, but the Virginia Tech vs. Boston College matchup remains on the schedule. Also noticed that Virginia Tech had a second game scheduled that week. Advancing the week got me past the glitched game, but I am not sure what would have happened if you were Virginia Tech or Boston College.

Common theme in both of you guy's observations is that they both involved Boston College. Maybe its a 'team' thing? Every time I read details about this complaint it seems to involve Boston College.

To any admin for the 'Extra Red Zone' trips issue I have come up with a theory of what may cause it. First, it only happens when you are the OC of a school. Next, I've noticed (in two games so far) that the 'extra trips' are recorded if you start a drive on YOUR 20 yard line or worse and don't score. Now what I'm not paying attention to is what happens prior to the recordings for example after a punt or kickoff. I also didn't pay attention to if it only happens during certain parts of the game. I'm still searching, hopefully I'll find something solid and it can be patched.

GatorBait06NC
07-26-2011, 12:09 PM
Common theme in both of you guy's observations is that they both involved Boston College. Maybe its a 'team' thing? Every time I read details about this complaint it seems to involve Boston College.

To any admin for the 'Extra Red Zone' trips issue I have come up with a theory of what may cause it. First, it only happens when you are the OC of a school. Next, I've noticed (in two games so far) that the 'extra trips' are recorded if you start a drive on YOUR 20 yard line or worse and don't score. Now what I'm not paying attention to is what happens prior to the recordings for example after a punt or kickoff. I also didn't pay attention to if it only happens during certain parts of the game. I'm still searching, hopefully I'll find something solid and it can be patched.

Should be noted that its only when playing @ Boston College. Ive played Boston College at home twice with no problem. So this issue is affecting dynasty as well??? Theres another guy that posted a similiar issue about seeing an Eastern Michigan/Ball State game and I dont think he was VA Tech, he couldve been playing against Boston College though.

GatorBait06NC
07-26-2011, 12:13 PM
Year 2 is when I got the glitch the first time. So when you said that VA Tech had two games that week, you think the Eastern MI vs Ball State game might be disguised as VA Tech vs Boston College??? The week that his happens, VA Tech is supposed to play Clemson, so thats prob their 2nd game. Im wondering what will happen this next time.

Can you not declare to leave after your Junior season in RTG???

GatorBait06NC
07-27-2011, 06:05 AM
This also affects Virginia Tech in dynasty the same way. Me and buckeye tested it in both modes, heres a copy of his post at OS.

Whats the bug?
My bug is the same as the two above and I was one of the first to note this bug and have done some more testing with it.

It looks like this is affecting the ACC, Boston College, Virginia Tech and anyone playing against those teams. It is happening in both ROAD TO GLORY and DYNASTY.

In my RTG, sophomore season, Im Virginia Tech. I was supposed to play Clemson, but the advance menu and game menu shows me playing Boston College. So after thinking it was a glitch in the screens, I entered the game. When it started loading, it was showing Eastern Michigan at Ball State!! I went into the game and it simmed as my RTG player wasnt involved in the game. It froze once the simming was over. The work around is to skip the game, and the sim results will show your score with Clemson on your schedule.

A few weeks later, Im really supposed to play Boston College but the menus show me as having a bye. So theres nothing I can do but sim the week and later see my results against BC. Both box scores show different teams. Now im into my Senior season in RTG at Tech, and it has Boston College showing in the advancement menu the week that Im supposed to play Northern Illinois, so im positive once I reach that point something is going to happen.

In Dynasty mode, this glitch is happening as well. The second season Virginia Tech is actually supposed to play NC state, but the menus show?? Yep, Boston college. I tried to enter the game and the loading menus show VA Tech and BC, but it freezes while loading the game.

So the issue has something to do with Virginia Tech playing Boston College, or teams that VA Tech is supposed to play are being disguised as Boston College and random games are loading.

It happens every other year I played 2 seasons straight through in RTG with no problems, just every other year it happens in both RTG and Dynasty.

What game mode did you experience the bug/glitch in? (Gameplay, Franchise, Online, Front End, etc.....)
Road to Glory AND Dynasty modes

How did it happen or what did you do to trigger it? Can you recreate it?
It can be recreated all the time. Just be Virginia Tech in RTG or Dynasty. The first season is no problem. Sim to the second season in either mode and look for the week that it claims you play Boston College.

How often can the bug be reproduced?
All day, as many times as you want.

Do you have video or pictures? """VIDEO BELOW"""
Yes, I have a video of the first time it happened to me in Road to Glory. The right part of the screen previews my upcoming game with Clemson, but the menu says Im playing Boston College. I load the game and its Eastern MI and Ball State. I load the game and it freezes after simming.

jaymo76
07-27-2011, 12:35 PM

As a HEAD COACH I have seen this as well in my dynasty. It's a glitch where the COMMENTARY will mention that it's my second or third trip to the red zone and that I have come up empty. However, it's my FIRST trip... it's not a game killer by any stretch but it's annoying to hear. The first couple times I didn't really notice it but I hear it quite often now.

NerfMan
07-28-2011, 03:20 PM
A few more bugs/issues (all on PS3)

1) The O-line often seems confused about who to block. I've seen the RG with a line indicating he's going to block the opposite OLB. This results in my RB/QB getting a surprise early visit from a D-lineman.
2) Despite what the docs say, the d-pad doesn't work to control players. I haven't used the d-pad in years but I have friends who do and they don't want to have to learn a new system.
3) There are times when it doesn't let the OC control the offense. I lost in OT because it simmed my offense instead of letting me play.

psuexv
07-29-2011, 12:42 PM
Noticed last night that the super sim in OT doesn't work. I'm a DC and won the toss and went on defense. I tried to just sim each play and it wouldn't do anything when I hit the X. Then I tried to Sim until on the field and it would eliminate the menus but actually wouldn't sim. I had to watch the play.

JerzeyReign
07-29-2011, 12:58 PM
As a HEAD COACH I have seen this as well in my dynasty. It's a glitch where the COMMENTARY will mention that it's my second or third trip to the red zone and that I have come up empty. However, it's my FIRST trip... it's not a game killer by any stretch but it's annoying to hear. The first couple times I didn't really notice it but I hear it quite often now.

I've never had it happen as a HC but did your Red Zone stats get screwed up?

Unconquered
07-29-2011, 02:36 PM
1-when I put a running back in motion with a pass out of the backfield, if I hike the ball before he stops his motion he stops running the route and immediately takes a blocking stance

That's not a bug, per se, and it's been like that for a few years now: If you snap the ball when any player is in motion and he's close to your linemen he'll block instead of running his pattern. I think this is to prevent some form of cheesing, but I don't like it.

The only exception is when a player is in "auto motion" (the green line in the playbook diagram). In those cases a player can run a pattern even if he gets close to the O-line.

IRaineZz
08-02-2011, 04:44 PM
ok im in the 3rd year of my offline dynasty(multi team) preseason. i went through all the recruiting, schedules and redshirting and all of the sudden it seems i lost controll of one of my teams(?!) im on the depth chart and i cant move any players...
"You can not edit the Depth Chart for this team since it is not a user-controlled team." i allready deleted the coach and made a new one but for some reasn i cant reorder this team anymore... all other teams work and dont have this issue

edit:looks like the spot of this particular coach is bugged, i can delete and create a new coach and assign him to any team. redshirting, recruiting and scheduling works... depth chart doesnt. keeps telling me it isnt my team :S

themoonisdown09
08-03-2011, 10:44 AM
I'm in my 5th year as an offensive coordinator in Dynasty and I wanted to look at my record (wins-losses). The only problem is, everything is at zero! The only stat that has a value is the number of winning seasons. Has anybody else had this issue? I looked at the Title #2 update and I don't see this addressed anywhere.

cdj
08-03-2011, 12:38 PM
I'm in my 5th year as an offensive coordinator in Dynasty and I wanted to look at my record (wins-losses). The only problem is, everything is at zero! The only stat that has a value is the number of winning seasons. Has anybody else had this issue? I looked at the Title #2 update and I don't see this addressed anywhere.

That W-L is only showing the record for coaches as a head coach.

themoonisdown09
08-04-2011, 10:53 AM
That W-L is only showing the record for coaches as a head coach.

Oh, thanks. I guess I didn't think about that.

RcSinger
08-06-2011, 05:22 PM
I am surprised I haven't found this glitch posted anywhere. His has happened to me twice, once in Play Now and once in Offline Dynasty and is a game killer.

CPU offense runs to the outside left, my defense stops the play in the backfield. At the tackle, the ball carrier and my defender disappear. The game freezes for a moment. Then the ball appears on the goalline. No players are anywhere on screen. The game gives them the spot and they run it in on the next play.

Edit: on both occasions the original play was at their own 40 or so yard line.

roccogator
08-06-2011, 07:02 PM
I had a instance where I challenged a long pass that was ruled incomplete. The receiver caught the ball on the three and went into the endzone without contact. The call on the field was overturned, but I was given the ball on the three where he caught the ball.

Jayrah
08-08-2011, 11:32 AM
I had a instance where I challenged a long pass that was ruled incomplete. The receiver caught the ball on the three and went into the endzone without contact. The call on the field was overturned, but I was given the ball on the three where he caught the ball.

Thats correct actually. Ball spotted where the play was blown dead. It was blown dead as an incomplete at the 3, so if its ruled a catch that's where the ball is to be spotted.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

baseballplyrmvp
08-23-2011, 10:31 PM
ran into one right now. i am the utah state dc and playing hawaii in an od game. currently losing 20-13 since my offense is incompetant.

there's 50 some seconds left in the game, my d-end jumps offsides but i end up sacking the qb on the play. i call a timeout since i see the clock still running. after the ref stops talking, the clock starts running again, basically stealing over 20 seconds from me.

baseballplyrmvp
08-27-2011, 10:37 PM
minor thing, but i just ran into it in the tgt 360 od. i'm beating fresno state 31-17 with 1:15 and a running clock, left in the game. its 3rd and 12, so i decide to kneel rather than risk a fumble. chew clock is on. on 4th down and 14 with 36 seconds left in the game, instead of just running out the clock, the cpu head coach for utah state decides to line up for a field goal? the ball ends up being snapped with 25 seconds left and my kicker misses it.

i still won, but its kinda dumb how the cpu wasnt able to identify that it could have waited to snap the ball and ran out the clock to end the game.

JeffHCross
08-28-2011, 10:24 AM
i still won, but its kinda dumb how the cpu wasnt able to identify that it could have waited to snap the ball and ran out the clock to end the game.Strange. I've seen the CPU run out the clock plenty of times. Even stranger that it kicked it with :25.

KSkin
09-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Using Michigan, I threw a 24 yard pass into the endzone (intended for K. Koger) which was ruled out of bounds.
After review, the play was reversed for a touchdown but they credited J. McColgan with a 6 yard TD run.
So I looked at the scoring summary, and it scored the play as a 24 yard TD run by D. Robinson.

psuexv
09-14-2011, 08:31 AM
Couple of things with RTG. Just finished my high school career and after the State Championship game USC offered me a scholarship. I could see them in the college choices screen but when I went to signing day they were not there. I could walk on and be the 2nd string though.

I was also a 5 star prospect but after I picked a school I didn't have that as one of my accomplishments.

OSUCowboyofMD
09-23-2011, 11:18 PM
I was playing as Indiana, and when they came out of the tunnel, there were two "Rock(s)".

baseballplyrmvp
10-02-2011, 04:53 PM
just had a clock issue in the national championship game (year 1) in my offline dynasty. i'm playing as #1 :Hawaii: vs #2 :Alabama:. i'm winning 7-0 in the first quarter with about 40 seconds left. i have the ball on bama's 44 yard line, 1st-10, when i come out in pistol trips- curl flat corner. i throw the corner route to my inside slot receiver, he catches the ball out of bounds (ruled incomplete-no issue with that)....however, the clock continues to run- acting as if it was a completion.

Dukie98
12-06-2011, 11:32 PM
A couple of glitches I've noticed lately:

- A long pass downfield was originally ruled out of bounds, but after review, the call was reversed. Neither the QB nor the WR got credit in the passing/ receiving stats on the play-- but the QB was credited with a 48-yard run.

- In a different game, my WR took a crossing route about 35 yards and was tackled inside the 1-yard line- it appeared to be spotted around the 6-inch line. I ran the ball in a play or two later. After the game, the QB and WR were credited with a TD on the play. Also, the scoring summary listed a 35-yard passing TD, and then the short run 20 seconds later. The scoring summary listed 3 TD's for the quarter, but only the 14 points that I actually scored. My team scored 35 points in the game-- but somehow had 4 rushing touchdowns plus 2 receiving touchdowns. It appeared that this play was the phantom touchdown.

- On the audio, in games at Western Michigan, it sometimes refers to Salt Lake City instead of Kalamazoo.

- It appears that not all tackles are registering when you sim plays as a coordinator-- specifically, when playing as the OC, I've had situations where my defense forces a fumble on the first play from scrimmage. When checking the game stats immediately after that play to see who got the fumble, there's a player listed with the forced fumble and the fumble recovery, but no tackles. There's only one tackle listed at that point-- from the opening kickoff.

SGMD1
02-10-2012, 06:45 PM
I've been playing for about a month and I've noticed a few glitches.

1. A few times on successful two point conversions the announcers will say the conversion was unsuccessful.
2. The halfback walk glitch. I don't know how it's done but the halfback becomes untacklable until he reaches the endzone or goes out of bounds. Pretty much everyone at the top of the online leaderboards uses it.
3. Linebacker shift glitch. Again, I don't know how it's done, but it prevents the O-line from blocking properly.

OSUCowboyofMD
02-13-2012, 02:08 PM
I notice sometimes on option and toss plays to the HB, the corner will just sit there and i could run into him and he wouldnt even move

Jayrah
02-25-2012, 01:02 AM
Please refer to the following link as a "replay challenge" glitch that needs to be addressed. http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/the-am-heisman-coaches-show-s1.73381/page-2#post-893967

Also when you are deleted from an online dynasty it seems all your trophies and highlights from said dynasty are deleted. Those should stay in your harddrive for the remainder of the game. Otherwise what good is it to save them?

souljahbill
05-13-2012, 08:48 AM
Season 4 of my dynasty. I'm using a TB team in custom conferences on PS3. I'm not getting credit for televised games. My record is 0-0 for both regional and televised games and I've been on tv multiple times. Hell, I've even played in a CCG and a bowl game and neither were counted. My television exposure continues to be a D+ because of this.

JeffHCross
05-13-2012, 09:50 AM
Had you gotten any credit for TV exposure before? I don't remember seeing that problem with TB teams, but I may not be remembering it.

souljahbill
05-13-2012, 09:58 AM
I thought something was fishy after season 3 and I was still a D+ so I've been paying more attention to it. I JUST played a regional game on TV and I'm still 0-0 regional.

SmoothPancakes
05-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Are you coordinator or head coach? Because if I remember correctly, TV games don't count for your record/grade as a coordinator, only head coach. Just trying to eliminate any known possibilities/reasons.

JeffHCross
05-13-2012, 11:25 AM
Are you coordinator or head coach? Because if I remember correctly, TV games don't count for your record/grade as a coordinator, only head coach.Which would be a bug itself.

Either way, with the new "dynamic pitches", I'd expect this to be resolved this year. It's nice when a new feature will get rid of bugs because of a redesign :D

souljahbill
05-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Are you coordinator or head coach? Because if I remember correctly, TV games don't count for your record/grade as a coordinator, only head coach. Just trying to eliminate any known possibilities/reasons.

I'm a coordinator. Guess that answers that.

SmoothPancakes
05-13-2012, 03:13 PM
I'm a coordinator. Guess that answers that.

Yeah, that would be the problem then. For whatever reason when EA implemented coaching carousel and coordinators, whether it is a bug or it was for whatever reason intentional, coordinators don't get TV games recorded on their record, only head coaches.

psusnoop
05-21-2012, 12:24 PM
Yeah, that would be the problem then. For whatever reason when EA implemented coaching carousel and coordinators, whether it is a bug or it was for whatever reason intentional, coordinators don't get TV games recorded on their record, only head coaches.

Like to see this changed, but I also don't see many of the OD's that I'm going to be in again starting out as coordinators.

souljahbill
06-09-2012, 09:22 AM
If the offensive playstyle is based off the HC and not the OC, I'd like for the matchup screen in dynasty to display the correct offensive playstyle. Right now, it show's the OC's style which is misleading.

souljahbill
07-06-2012, 09:51 AM
I've won the NC 3 consecutive times and had the #1 recruiting class in 2 of those years, yet I never got the trophy for winning the championship and getting the top class.