PDA

View Full Version : The Good, The Bad, & The 'Nasty - NCAA 12 PS3 OD

CLW
07-10-2011, 09:49 PM
1st I wanted to thank the powers that be over here at TGT for letting me host my NCAA 12 PS3 OD here.

The Good, The Bad & The 'Nasty (GBN) formed back at Madden Mania for NCAA 09. The GBN has always prided itself in "rebuilder" dynasties. For NCAA 09 and 10 the GBN had a B- or lower overall team requirement. However, we all came to the conclusion that it was/is simply too easy to build a powerhouse program when only one or two fellow dynasty members where in your conference. Therefore, in NCAA 11 we decided to go with a MAC only team dynasty. Now, with NCAA 12 adding coaching contracts, we have decided to start out as an offensive or defensive coordinator at one of the worst offenses/defenses in the country and build our coaching careers from the ground up.

Taking advantage of the new coaching carousel in NCAA 12 allows us to keep to our rebuilding project mentality. Additionally, starting out at some of the worst positions in NCAA football gives all of our members fairly even teams to start out with. Additionally, several of these teams are in the same conferences which will lead to more head-to-head member games and possibly even a Conference Championship tilt at the end of each regular season. We are all looking forward to the challenge of building our coaching careers from essentially scratch and the inevitable recruiting wars between all of our programs that will undoubtedly become epic tails of "program savior" and/or "the one that got away".

Sadly, many of my "originals" were "older" (I think I was the youngest player in the GBN initially and I am now 31) and have had to drop out through the years due to various personal/life issues. As such, we are looking for some new blood to come in and get started with us here at TGT.

I am currently in the process of finding an accurate list but all of us will start out at one of the 12 worst offensive or defensive teams in the country as a coordinator. You will then be able to build your career as you see fit.

We advance on a "hard" 48 hour schedule which allows us to get in 12 seasons and have a fairly "standard" set of rules we all agree to play by:

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2672-GBN-League-Rules

If you are interested in our format, please let me know. I am still in the process of finalizing which member(s) are sticking with me for 12 but we should have at least a few spots open for sure.

tjdove123
07-11-2011, 08:27 AM
I would be interested!

CLW
07-12-2011, 06:55 AM
I would be interested!

Excellent! If you wouldn't mind, could you PM me just a brief "story" about yourself. Just name, age, previous online dynasty experience, etc... Also feel free to introduce yourself to my other members in the GBN section of the forums here at TGT.

Also, to anyone else that may be interested, it appears that most of my members have decided to stay at the previous site we were at and not make the trip over to TGT. Therefore, we have several openings.

Once a good roster file comes out and we get a good feel for a good set of sliders we will get started with a draft order (which will be determined at random) and pick our OC/DC positions.

Anyone else that is interested please let me know as ideally we would like to fill a.s.a.p. and get to know each other prior to the start of the OD.

Thanks!

Roadhouse
07-12-2011, 07:02 AM
1st I wanted to thank the powers that be over here at TGT for letting me host my NCAA 12 PS3 OD here.

Thank you TGT. It's my first time here but I've heard a lot of good things about this site.

Sadly, many of my "originals" were "older" (I think I was the youngest player in the GBN initially and I am now 31) and have had to drop out through the years due to various personal/life issues. As such, we are looking for some new blood to come in and get started with us here at TGT.

I am one of those old men, but we don't hate on the young. We are just out for respectful fun, intelligent trash talking, and good SIM football. This dynasty is a perfect escape from the Mrs. on those cold winter nights...or these current hot summer days. Strap it up and have some fun!

See you at kickoff.

CLW
07-13-2011, 07:02 AM
Thank you TGT. It's my first time here but I've heard a lot of good things about this site.

I am one of those old men, but we don't hate on the young. We are just out for respectful fun, intelligent trash talking, and good SIM football. This dynasty is a perfect escape from the Mrs. on those cold winter nights...or these current hot summer days. Strap it up and have some fun!

See you at kickoff.

Looking forward to getting started yet again Roady.

tannerill
07-13-2011, 05:56 PM
Would love to get involved

PSN - ill1984

let me know what else you need from me!

CLW
07-13-2011, 08:58 PM
Would love to get involved

PSN - ill1984

let me know what else you need from me!

Feel free to introduce yourself in the GBN forums. It looks like we are going to have several spots open.

CLW
07-13-2011, 09:41 PM
Below is the list of the starting positions that will be available via our draft which the order will be determined at random. Note, if someone picks the OC or DC position at a school the other coordinator position (at that school) will be eliminated as a potential position from the draft.

Of course, once your career starts your performance and the Carousel will determine how your career progresses.

OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR
TEAM|RATING|CONFERENCE
:Akron:| 60| :MAC:|
:Buffalo:| 61| :MAC:|
:New_Mexico:| 61| :Moutain_West:|
:San_Jose_State:| 63| :WAC:|
:New_Mexico_State:| 64| :WAC:|
:Ball_State:| 66| :MAC:|
:Eastern_Michigan:| 66| :MAC:|
:Memphis:| 67| :CUSA:|
:Louisiana:| 67| :Sun_Belt:|
:UNLV:| 67| :Moutain_West:|
:Wyoming:| 67| :Moutain_West:|
:Bowling_Green:| 69| :MAC:|
:FAU:| 69| :Sun_Belt:|

DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR
TEAM|RATING|CONFERENCE
:Eastern_Michigan:| 60| :MAC:|
:Akron:| 61| :MAC:|
:Buffalo:| 64| :MAC:|
:San_Jose_State:| 64| :WAC:|
:Memphis:| 64| :CUSA:|
:Rice:| 64| :CUSA:|
:UNLV:| 66| ::Moutain_West:|
:Western_Kentucky:| 66| :Sun_Belt:|
:North_Texas:| 66| :Sun_Belt:|
:New_Mexico_State:| 67| :WAC:|
:FAU:| 67| :Sun_Belt:|
:FIU:| 67| :Sunbelt:|
:Ball_State:| 69| :MAC:|
:Louisiana:| 69| :Sun_Belt:|
:Bowling_Green:| 69| :MAC:|
:Tulane:| 69| :CUSA:|
:UL_Monroe:| 69| :Sun_Belt:

CLW
07-14-2011, 07:01 AM
For those that are interested, I have created a sign up thread in the GBN section of the forums. It will be 1st come 1st served as far as spots are concerned.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2794-GBN-Member-List-amp-Sign-Up-Thread

Rcktfan916
07-14-2011, 12:59 PM
How come some teams offenses are not availible, but their defense is? ie(rice, western Kentucky)

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2011, 01:03 PM
How come some teams offenses are not availible, but their defense is? ie(rice, western Kentucky)

CLW can give you a definite answer on this, but from looking at those tables, it's probably because their offense is rated 70 or higher, and CLW is making teams available only with 69 or lower rated offenses and defenses.

Rcktfan916
07-14-2011, 01:14 PM
CLW can give you a definite answer on this, but from looking at those tables, it's probably because their offense is rated 70 or higher, and CLW is making teams available only with 69 or lower rated offenses and defenses.

Yea, that's what I thought. Thanks

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2011, 01:19 PM
Yea, that's what I thought. Thanks

Happy to help. :)

gigemaggs99
07-14-2011, 02:28 PM

I am also confused...are we only going to play Offense or Defense and sim the other side? For example if I become the Off Coof at Wyoming do I only play Offense and sim the Defensive side of the ball?

Rcktfan916
07-14-2011, 05:22 PM
I am also confused...are we only going to play Offense or Defense and sim the other side? For example if I become the Off Coof at Wyoming do I only play Offense and sim the Defensive side of the ball?

From what I understand, yes you only control your side of the ball vs. the CPU, but against a human opponent you will play both sides of the ball.

CLW
07-14-2011, 08:40 PM

Those are the worst sides of the ball in the game. I wanted 12 and 12 but the 12 spot often tied at 69 over so I just included every 69 or less rated off or def in the game.

starting out as a coordinator you only play your side of the ball. i.e. if you were OC at Wyoming you would control the team on offense and then the game would super sim it for defense. note for user v. user games my understanding is you control every play of the game.

of course as your career developed you will hopefully get a head coaching job offer and then you can control both sides of the ball.

CLW
07-15-2011, 09:34 PM
Update we have 6 spots remaining. If interested please sign up as we would like to get started a.s.a.p. Thanks!

CLW
07-16-2011, 12:31 PM
5 spots remaining. We are hoping to get started as early as next week so please sign up a.s.a.p. if interested. Thanks!

ISELLATMS
07-17-2011, 03:06 PM
Still looking? PSN: ISellATMs. Id like to get in.

CLW
07-17-2011, 03:57 PM
Still looking? PSN: ISellATMs. Id like to get in.

Yeah we have 5 spots still open and haven't started yet.

We are going to use the forums here as our main form of communicating with each other but AIM is also required. If you are interested check out the GBN section of the forums at

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2794-GBN-Member-List-amp-Sign-Up-Thread

mmjackson2532
07-18-2011, 11:05 AM
I am interested. PSN ID mmjackson2580

Amish
07-18-2011, 11:20 AM
Is there still any spots available?

im interested, psn : xAmishWarriorx

CLW
07-18-2011, 08:16 PM
4 Spots left hopefully we will be up and running by the end of the week at the latest. If interested sign up here:

CLW
07-20-2011, 07:44 PM
3 spots left....