PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 12 - Coach Customization

cdj
07-05-2011, 12:39 PM
http://thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA12/TCUCelebrate.jpg

With Coaching Carousel coming to NCAA Football 12, community members everywhere have been making plans for their Dynasty and/or Online Dynasty. Many Dynasties will begin with members taking over as head coach or coordinator of a relatively low Prestige program and they will work to climb up the ranks.

These same Dynasty (and Online Dynasty) members will customize their coach both visually and also his offensive and defensive style. Let’s look at the coach customization options in the game.

The first section is the coach biography where you can edit their name and appearance which you will want to perfect, especially for those championship scenes and big game moments you hope to witness throughout your career.

Bio

First Name & Last Name
Skin Tone: Light or Dark
Body Size: Medium, Large, or X-Large
Head: Several options for each body size
Apparel: Polo, Sweater Vest, Suit, T-Shirt
Hat Type: Regular, Visor, or None
Glasses: On or Off
Alma Mater: Where your coach went to college; can provide slight boost if this school is hiring. Select from any of the 120 FBS programs in the game.
Prestige: Caliber/Reputation of coach. This is only editable from the front end of the game, under Team Management - Edit Coach. It cannot be edited once you are in a Dynasty.
Specialty: Offensive or Defensive

This year, the coaches for all 120 programs can be edited from the front end of the game under the Team Management area and also shared via EA Locker. Not only can you customize how all coaches look, you can edit their playcalling tendencies as well as offensive and defensive styles. Should you want Miami’s defense to use a different base playbook or Notre Dame’s coach to be more conservative, you can do that.

Let’s take a look at the editable coach Offensive and Defensive Styles. While Offensive & Defensive Playbooks are self-explanatory, NCAA Football designer Jordan Peterson has been kind enough to explain in greater detail what the Run/Pass, Aggressive/Conservative, and Sub Frequency sliders mean so you can edit coaches the way you want to enhance your Dynasty experience.

Offensive Style

Offensive Playbook: Sets the offensive playbook. Custom playbooks are available as an option.
Run Offense/Pass Offense: This sets whether you Run or Pass more often when simming the game. If it’s 33/67, you would run 33% of the time and Pass 67%. It is a weighting on playcall during sim.
Aggressive/Conservative: CPU Playcall - Some examples include whether to accept a penalty after a successful field goal attempt, when to use timeouts and/or go no-huddle when time is running down, whether to go for 1pt or 2pts after a TD, and whether or not to go for it on 4th down. It also determines how aggressive/conservative a team will be on 4th down situation. Simulations - This impacts whether to go for a long pass, whether to run or pass in the redzone, and whether a team settles for a FG or goes for it on 4th down.
Sub Frequency: How fatigued a player has to be before they will be subbed out and how often you sub during sims.

Defensive Style

Defensive Playbook: Set the defensive playbook. Custom playbooks are available as an option.
Defend Run/Defend Pass: Likelihood to defend either the run or the pass.
Aggressive/Conservative: Affects Simulations Only - This affects the chance of certain penalties being called, increases the offenses fumble chance, decreases the offense’s chance to find a hole, but increase the offenses chance to have a breakaway run for more yardage when they do. Aggressive defense will give up more completions but will get more INTs.
Sub Frequency: How fatigued a player has to be before they will be subbed out and how often you sub during sims.

All of these coach traits can be set from the front end of the game under Team Management - Edit Coaches and changes will be saved within the game's roster file. Load that file before beginning your Dynasty and you will see coaches exhibit the edited traits you customized.

Thanks for reading!

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?480-NCAA-Football-12-Coach-Customization

JerzeyReign
07-05-2011, 01:00 PM
So what if someone creates a A+ coach? In a Online Dynasty will he still be a A+ at the beginning or will all coaches start on the same plateau?

JerzeyReign
07-05-2011, 01:00 PM
By the way, great read.

cdj
07-05-2011, 01:37 PM
So what if someone creates a A+ coach? In a Online Dynasty will he still be a A+ at the beginning or will all coaches start on the same plateau?

All created coaches start with D Prestige. If you use an Existing Coach, you will begin with their Prestige level.

HawkFan
07-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Awesome article about a feature I think we have all been waiting for to be in the game for a long time. Do have a couple of questions though.

Say i am an Offensive Coordinator and I get offered the job at Georgia Tech, do my Offensive and Defensive Coordinators remain the ones at GA Tech if they are still under contract?

Can I fire them if they are under contract and I want to use other ones?

Does my Offensive and Defensive Coordinators determine the type of offense and defense I run?

Or is that all up to me and once you become a head coach your Coordinators become little more than window dressing?

Just wondering.

HawkFan
07-05-2011, 01:50 PM
Oh and just thought of another couple of questions and if you have not seen or experienced them it's cool.

Say down the road say Steve Spurrier loses his job at South Carolina for whatever reason, could he be a coach at say Troy? Or even an offensive coordinator at a bigger school?

And how likely is it that coaches will change jobs, head coaches that is. Is it possible that down the road Gary Patterson of TCU will decide he wants to move to another school and take over say Florida if it came open?

jaymo76
07-05-2011, 02:11 PM
So if I import a roster file WITH coaches, can Istill create myself as an OC or do I have to edit an existing coach?

gschwendt
07-05-2011, 02:26 PM
So if I import a roster file WITH coaches, can Istill create myself as an OC or do I have to edit an existing coach?
As you start a dynasty or OD, you have the option to use an existing coach or create a coach.

cdj
07-05-2011, 02:35 PM
Awesome article about a feature I think we have all been waiting for to be in the game for a long time. Do have a couple of questions though.

Say i am an Offensive Coordinator and I get offered the job at Georgia Tech, do my Offensive and Defensive Coordinators remain the ones at GA Tech if they are still under contract?

Can I fire them if they are under contract and I want to use other ones?

Does my Offensive and Defensive Coordinators determine the type of offense and defense I run?

Or is that all up to me and once you become a head coach your Coordinators become little more than window dressing?

Just wondering.

- Yes, they would stay the same.

- No, but as a head coach you play the full game so you can select the offensive and defensive playbook you use.

- No, see above.

- You could say that. Though, should your coordinators get hired away, you could view that as the start of your 'Coaching Tree.'

Oh and just thought of another couple of questions and if you have not seen or experienced them it's cool.

Say down the road say Steve Spurrier loses his job at South Carolina for whatever reason, could he be a coach at say Troy? Or even an offensive coordinator at a bigger school?

And how likely is it that coaches will change jobs, head coaches that is. Is it possible that down the road Gary Patterson of TCU will decide he wants to move to another school and take over say Florida if it came open?

- Yes, yes, and he could also disappear for a year before coming back to the coaching ranks.

- Age, Prestige, Alma Mater, and Playbook Styles all help decide what coaches each school will go after. For (an extreme example), an older coach with a certain playstyle but higher prestige may get passed up for a younger coach with lower prestige who may have that school and his Alma Mater and the same Offensive Style as the previous HC. Now, you don't need all those things to happen, but I wanted to give an example of how it works. I believe Alma Mater gives the biggest boost of those factors though but Prestige is still the most important factor.

You would have to edit an existing coach. When you start a Dynasty, you can choose to Create a New Coach and should you decide to be the USM OC, you are basically replacing him with your new created coach.

Pantera1968
07-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Is it correct to assume that after your RTG college career is over your player can then become a coach?

Will the customization options you mention in your article be available to customize your player as a coach at that time?

Thanks!

gschwendt
07-05-2011, 03:31 PM
Is it correct to assume that after your RTG college career is over your player can then become a coach?

Will the customization options you mention in your article be available to customize your player as a coach at that time?

Thanks!Unfortunately this year you can't transfer from RTG to Dynasty.

Pantera1968
07-05-2011, 05:36 PM
RATS! :fp:

xSmoothKriminal
07-05-2011, 09:20 PM

The commissioner of the league sets what the maximum prestige of the beginning coach will be.

Cipher 8
07-06-2011, 03:07 AM
You could say that. Though, should your coordinators get hired away, you could view that as the start of your 'Coaching Tree.'

So they WILL get job offers and can leave? If you do good as a Head Coach does their Prestige go up as well?

I already asked this in the Dynasty & Coach Carousel Thread...

This is my first post ever on the gaming tailgate.... Could somebody please answer this question for me... If you start an online dynasty and choose to be head coach, what exactly happens with your defensive and offensive coordinators? Can you see who they are? Can you hire/ fire? Do they have any effect on your team? Any information would be great. Thank you!
You can see your coordinators, that I know. For the rest though, I'm not 100% on but A) you can't hire/fire them, B) they don't have any effect on your team I don't believe.
But will other schools hire them? Will how well you do change their prestige? I don't know if you can answer this but these are questions I have about O/D coordinators underneath you.

ram29jackson
07-06-2011, 11:21 AM
what about creating a coach for a teambuilder team in a multiplayer online dynasty?

can you do that from inside or outside the dynasty?

cdj
07-06-2011, 12:15 PM
So they WILL get job offers and can leave? If you do good as a Head Coach does their Prestige go up as well?

I already asked this in the Dynasty & Coach Carousel Thread...

Let me double check on this. I haven't gotten into a Dynasty far enough to know and now I am second guessing myself.

what about creating a coach for a teambuilder team in a multiplayer online dynasty?

can you do that from inside or outside the dynasty?

I'd assume after importing teams you would then pick use existing or create new coach, so basically the same as with default teams. Right now, I don't have online access so maybe someone else can check for sure.

ram29jackson
07-06-2011, 01:41 PM
:up: