PDA

View Full Version : Coach Mode Online Dynasty League

Cipher 8
07-03-2011, 03:49 AM
I'm looking to do a Coach Mode Online Dynasty and I'de like to say first off I am NOT trying to overtake or take members away from Coach Kernzy and that league. By all means if you wish to join them then go ahead, they currently have 8/12 members. In fact I encourage you to give their thread a thorough look through first (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2486-quot-Coach-Mode-quot-Xbox-360-OD-anyone) before going any further in this one. However if how their league is set up is not to your liking and you come back here because you're interested in Coach Mode but don't want to start as a :1star: team, especially when all the decent ones are already picked over, then maybe you would consider joining this one.

For those who don't know what Coach Mode means view the spoiler...A new feature coming to NCAA Football 12 – Coach Mode and the Broadcast camera will allow players to do everything you normally can do in Dynasty mode as a coach but you simply don't take arcade control of your players during the game. You can still call your plays, handle audibles and pre snap motions for each play. You do everything up until the snap of the ball. When you hike it though you will be able to watch the CPU take control from the new Broadcast camera angle. The A.I. takes over and simulates the play. The players play accordingly, sometimes intelligently and sometimes less so. The new broadcast camera view really changes the way you watch the plays play out though. It allows you to play a game and feel like your watching a real game on tv. (Example Below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJC9o8gjbQo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWUF5DBs0sQ

The benefits of Coach Mode are:

--It is completely a thinking man's game. Without the need to thumb-jockey, you observe all the action just as a coach does. It's less hectic and you need not worry about making the plays during the game. It allows you to just sit back and watch the game play out like you would when watching a real life game. It's a different entertaining experience. You are more able to analyze the defenses and offenses of your opponent and craft a gameplan on how your going to approach and attack them. You get a better feel for your team and your players. Who you can trust, what tendencies players have, and what not. Adjust at halftime or even during the game by formation packages, substitutions, and depth chart changes as you cannot compensate with your reflexes on the sticks anymore. This make for both an interesting and challenging new way to play. The more hardcore style gamers will love this mode as many have wanted it for years to get the “coach” feeling.

--It is relaxing. One of the main reasons players will gravitate towards Coach Mode is because it's not as attention or skill demanding on the player. You can do other things while playing in Coach Mode, snack, talk on the phone, text, hell even watch your tv show in PiP. Anyone who likes to watch games play out will love this mode and the new broadcast-style camera view. It allows you to just enjoy your time with the game. It's meant to be fun and few Coach Mode players find themselves throwing controllers and getting overly frustrated or angry. By playing in Coach Mode you join one of the friendliest and most mature sub-communities of NCAA Football 12.

The drawbacks of Coach Mode are:

--It is completely a thinking man's game. Yes this can go both ways... Coach Mode is hard for players who are control freaks and cannot stand to sit and watch their guy make a dumb play. Coach Mode will simply not be enjoyable for everybody. It is more for the thinking man and those of us who enjoy the management side of competition rather than those who are the best or most skilled on the sticks and crave the direct competition. Many players find it too boring for their tastes and think cutting out the actual gameplay ruins the fun and competition. That's okay. I think we can all agree that each person should play the game the way they enjoy it best. I like it because it allows me to focus on the management and recruiting side of my team, on the strategy and playcalling during the game, and on the coaching goals and stats throughout the season. There is still a lot of competition in Coach Mode with recruiting, records/standings, and bowl victories. It's less on who's more skilled at the game and more about who can manage their team better. It's not a mode I plan to play exclusively but there are times I want this less hectic experience and it will surely bring a new way to play and more hours of enjoyment out of this years game.

I'm just trying to judge if there's enough interest for a second league or not before I decide to join or not to join their stricter ruled one. This league would be not as hard and is more for beginners or new comers to the Coach Mode style of play. I would try to make it more enjoyable starting out rather than being challenging so nobody should feel intimidated to join. If your interested please look over the general rules and post.

Some general rules:

All users must play strictly in Coach Mode. I'm not sure if the host can set this as an option forcing this mode of play on the dynasty members or not but if not members will be trusted with a code of honor to abide by this rule. I think we're all mature enough where we don't need to cheat to win on a video game.

There will be guidelines for what teams you can choose starting off. Working your way up the ladder as a coach is a big part of what makes Dynasty mode and especially Coach Mode so appealing. While you don't play the games you do have to manage a lot and what fun would it be if you started out as a :6star: head coach from the beginning? Now on the flip side we don't want it to be too intimidating for new comers and just not fun to play so I won't force you to choose a team you absolutely don't want to control but there will be some guidelines so it's fair and competitive and so you have something to strive towards keeping it fun.

We will use Coaching Carousel. Honestly it just makes any Dynasty that much more fun. Why wouldn't we utilize this new feature.

We will use roster names. We will all have to decide on who's roster file to use and possibly wait a week after launch to get it. If we don't want to wait we could always generate auto-names I guess.

There will be a guideline for new job offers. Managing your coach and job goals is a big part of this mode's fun factor. Struggle and get placed on the hot seat and possibly fired where you'll have to find a new job and start over bringing in your recruits as you try to redeem yourself. While you can always accept a lower job there should be some rules in place to determine how high of a job offer you can accept and go to. I don't want there to be restrictions to where you must finish out your contract, if you get a job offer you can choose to leave in the middle of your current contract but only to keep it fair and competitive there will be some guidelines and restrictions to make sure the league is long lasting (More on this below).

We will use longer than 5 Min. QTR's. I don't know what length we should use, obviously we want realistic stats but at the same time you don't want games to take forever forever so 15 Min. QTR's might not be for the best. I'm thinking 10 or 8 maybe? We'll discuss this and decide as a league.

Difficulty set to All American with Sliders More than likely we'll start it with default All American difficulty but we could opt to go Heisman for a realistic challenge. Obviously either way we'll use sliders to make the game play simulation as close to realistic simulation as we can.

You can use Custom Playbooks I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to design your own offense and defense. The use of custom playbooks especially becomes important when you consider calling plays is a MAJOR part of the core gameplay in Coach Mode games. Obviously if it becomes a problem with players doing things that are considered cheesing or not in the interest of fair competition than we will discuss whether to change this rule but as long as we're all mature about it, there shouldn't be a problem right?

No restarts. Losses happen. Injuries happen. This is meant to portray a regular season of college football where not every team can go undefeated and play in the national championship and where challenges arise throughout the year such as injuries. Just because you lost your starting runningback or you're not playing in the big game with the most prestigious school doesn't mean you can't have fun and have a successful season managing your team's roster, recruit star players to turn around the program, beat you're rivals, improve from year to year, meet you're job goals, and work your way up to earning a bowl invite.

Will add more as we go along, these are all up for discussion and change based on members wishes.

Detailed explanation of the rules or guideline for moving up with new job offers:

Instead of free reign I think it would be best to have some structure and restrictions. I don't want them to make it non fun though. I think it would be cool if at the start of the coach mode dynasty all 12 users had the choice to start out as a :1star: Head Coach or a :2star: Offensive|Defensive Coordinator.

Since you get more control as a head coach than you do as a coordinator you have to start out lower. It's more challenging on coach mode to be a coordinator only being able to call plays for your side of the ball.

Then Morsdraconis's ideas could apply from there...

there should be a small amount of limit on how far you can jump. I think, for the sake of how far we may get in this dynasty, make it a limit of no more than :2star:s higher than your current position (so you can be a :3star: coordinator after being a :1star: coordinator) or no more than :1star: higher if you're jumping from coordinator to head coach.

The +:2star: if you stay at same position otherwise +:1star: if you go from coordinator to head coach idea is very balanced. For example: If you started out as a :1star: head coach you could then go to a :3star: head coach if your offered that position by a school. Whereas a player who starts as a :2star: school's offensive coordinator could choose to go to a :3star: head coach (+1 instead of +2 for the position change) or can opt to go up to a :4star: school's offensive coordinator instead if he's offered a job (+2 because he stayed a coordinator).

The reason this is fair and balanced is because they both could only end up at highest a :3star: Head Coach after their first contract anyways. Choosing the challenge of being a coordinator starting out means you have the opportunity to be hired by a :4star: school as coordinator instead of a head coach but a head coach position at a :3star: school is still better, more control.

Just to give everybody a idea of what teams were talking about here...

Northern Illinois C+ C+ C C+ 2
Hawai’i C+ C+ C+ C 2
Baylor B B+ B- B 2
San Diego State B- B C+ B- 2
Fresno State B B B- A+ 2
Miami Univ. B- C+ C+ C- 2
Troy B- B- C+ B 2
Ohio C+ C C+ C+ 2
Kansas B- B- C+ C+ 2
Iowa State B- C+ B- C 2
Minnesota B- B- B- D 2
UCLA B B B- B 2
Temple C C+ C B 2
Wyoming C- D+ C C+ 2
Indiana B- B C+ B- 2
Wake Forest C+ C+ C+ C 2
Vanderbilt B- B- C+ C+ 2
Southern Miss B B C+ B 2
Colorado State C+ C+ C+ C+ 2
UNLV D+ D+ D+ C 2
Colorado B- B C+ C+ 2
Marshall C+ C C+ C 2
Duke B- B+ C+ B- 2
Central Michigan C C C- D+ 2
Toledo C+ B- C+ C 2
Louisiana Tech C+ C+ C+ C- 2
UTEP C C C+ C 2
Bowling Green C- C- C- C- 2
Ball State D+ D+ C- C- 2
Buffalo D D D D+ 2
Rice D+ C- D C- 2
Army C C C C- 1
Western Michigan C+ C+ C+ C 1
Washington State C+ C+ C D 1
Tulane C- C- C- C- 1
FIU C- C D+ C- 1
Idaho C C C+ C- 1
Mid Tenn State C C C+ B- 1
Arkansas State C C+ C D- 1
Kent State C C C- D 1
Utah State C C C- C- 1
UL Monroe C- C C- D 1
UL Lafayette C- D+ C- C- 1
Florida Atlantic C- C- D+ C 1
Memphis D+ D+ D C 1
North Texas C- C- D+ C 1
San Jose State D D D D 1
UAB C- C- C C- 1
New Mexico D+ D+ C B 1
New Mexico State D+ D+ D+ C- 1
Western Kentucky C- C- D+ D 1
Eastern Michigan D D D D 1
Akron D D D C- 1

Figure 1-1

Now if there are some teams that members have objections to and feel are just too high compared to the rest then we can just add them to a exceptions list where you can't choose them. For example, no B or higher rated :2star: teams. So if we decided to do that the list of options would look like this...

Northern Illinois C+ C+ C C+ 2
Hawai’i C+ C+ C+ C 2
Ohio C+ C C+ C+ 2
Temple C C+ C B 2
Wyoming C- D+ C C+ 2
Wake Forest C+ C+ C+ C 2
Colorado State C+ C+ C+ C+ 2
UNLV D+ D+ D+ C 2
Marshall C+ C C+ C 2
Central Michigan C C C- D+ 2
Toledo C+ B- C+ C 2
Louisiana Tech C+ C+ C+ C- 2
UTEP C C C+ C 2
Bowling Green C- C- C- C- 2
Ball State D+ D+ C- C- 2
Buffalo D D D D+ 2
Rice D+ C- D C- 2
Army C C C C- 1
Western Michigan C+ C+ C+ C 1
Washington State C+ C+ C D 1
Tulane C- C- C- C- 1
FIU C- C D+ C- 1
Idaho C C C+ C- 1
Mid Tenn State C C C+ B- 1
Arkansas State C C+ C D- 1
Kent State C C C- D 1
Utah State C C C- C- 1
UL Monroe C- C C- D 1
UL Lafayette C- D+ C- C- 1
Florida Atlantic C- C- D+ C 1
Memphis D+ D+ D C 1
North Texas C- C- D+ C 1
San Jose State D D D D 1
UAB C- C- C C- 1
New Mexico D+ D+ C B 1
New Mexico State D+ D+ D+ C- 1
Western Kentucky C- C- D+ D 1
Eastern Michigan D D D D 1
Akron D D D C- 1

Figure 1-2

I'm all for the challenge of starting off with a lower school and working your way up the ranks but it still has to be fun for everyone to stay active so I suggest we do it this way, not simply all :1star: teams.

Anyone interested?

First come get's first dibs on selecting teams but lets talks rules and guidelines first, like for example do you think C+ and under rated :2star: teams is a good selection base or do we include all :2star: teams regardless of OVR. That or do we not want to do low as :2star: and should start as :3star:? It's up to you guys who wish to join. I'm down for almost anything just want a good active dynasty.

Cipher 8
07-03-2011, 05:21 AM
If we decide to choose from all :2star: teams, see Figure 1-1, I'll go with;

1. Minnesota - Coordinator
2. Colorado - Coordinator
3. Kansas - Coordinator
4. UCLA - Coordinator
5. Baylor - Coordinator

If we decide to go with :2star: schools that have a OVR rating under B, see Figure 1-2, I'll go with;

1. Hawai’i - Coordinator
2. Wyoming - Coordinator
3. Marshall - Coordinator
4. North Texas - Head Coach
5. Colorado State - Coordinator

I'll give up my claim to anyone who is a hardcore fan of the team though as I really don't have any preference among them. I don't have a favorite college team.

Bastone
07-03-2011, 07:19 AM
Im in.

Archedemius
07-07-2011, 01:39 PM
I would just like to be in one. I'm not afraid to go with Eastern Michigan if I knew ahead of time the Dynasty would move at a every few days or so. I have never played online and really wanted to do it this time around.

Archedemius
07-07-2011, 01:40 PM
I could also do CMU or WMU. I suppose that will depend on what everyone else does.

priestmvp
07-14-2011, 07:24 AM
I'm interested if this gets off the ground...gt priestmvp

Cipher 8
07-15-2011, 01:41 AM
If we can get a couple more guys Priestmvp I still plan on doing this. That or we can do it just you and I but I'de rather wait for more ya know...

CosmicCharlie
07-15-2011, 04:39 PM
New to the forum & coach mode. I'd be interested, but would this be on the 360?

ccarella
07-15-2011, 05:01 PM
I'm in! This sounds amazing and I'm willing to coach any team.

Archedemius
07-17-2011, 10:33 AM
I'm still in Coach K's dynasty, but I am still interested in this also.

SCClassof93
07-18-2011, 01:31 PM
Very interested if this is on ps3. Thanks!

Cipher 8
07-18-2011, 02:57 PM
Well it seems like this has generated a bit of interest. It would be on Xbox 360 and I don't know how fast we would be able to advance, certainly not every day but if we get enough people for me to host it I'm still down to do it.

Matt 711
08-30-2011, 08:42 AM
please add me u have me blocked my gamertag is xCENATIONx29