PDA

View Full Version : Titanfall (XB1, 360, PC)

Pages : 1 [2]

SmoothPancakes
03-12-2014, 07:37 PM
Yeah, I'll be on the rest of the night, so don't be shy. And we've got a good group right now. Two wins on the two most frustrating maps for me. And I think I've killed 10 Titans in two matches thanks to Rodeo. :D

CLW
03-12-2014, 08:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwwzRY0qkjw

GatorfanStovy
03-12-2014, 10:25 PM
Jesus clw don't be jealous. U only got a ps4. Go troll else where.

Sucks I'm at work wishing I could play Titanfall. Oh well few more hours and at 7am I can play a little before bed.

SmoothPancakes
03-12-2014, 11:18 PM

Sucks I'm at work wishing I could play Titanfall. Oh well few more hours and at 7am I can play a little before bed.

Yeah, you're missing out. Myself and IOU have been going at it for the last four hours. Finally found a good group and have been kicking ass. I think we've won something like 6 in a row now.

GatorfanStovy
03-13-2014, 02:20 AM
Yeah, you're missing out. Myself and IOU have been going at it for the last four hours. Finally found a good group and have been kicking ass. I think we've won something like 6 in a row now.

Yep good ol night shift this week. It's all good I get a 3 day weekend. I notice that the servers were pretty good at 4am lol

Stan HAMsen
03-13-2014, 11:11 AM

That's actually a good video he posted. Give credit when it's due. It is, of course, a little ironic that CLW would post a video that basically says "you can't know if a game is any good until you actually play it."

I wish I would have got in on that promo code yesterday. I'm not a FPS fan (my copy of BF4 from PS4 launch bundle is still in the shrinkwrap) but the comments here have me interested in giving it a shot. I'm going to buy a X1 eventually, so I guess I'll get my turn at Titanfall sooner or later.

I OU a Beatn
03-13-2014, 11:42 AM
It's very fun. It has the Gears of War level of skill to it, IMO, which is what makes it so attractive to me. It's pretty easy to be decent/good at it, but there's another whole level where if you learn the maps and learn how to wall run effectively, you can just dominate an entire game.

I've been using satchel charges a lot and I'm going to continue to do so as long as I can, because those puppies are definitely getting nerfed. When you run with the extra explosives perk, you can basically throw 3 down into a room and take out everyone within that room without even looking. Had several guys quit on hard point last night after doing that a few times. :D

Been using the CAR SMG and that thing is pretty impressive itself, especially with the perk where you can shoot it while you're running. It's hip fire aim is really, really good.

SmoothPancakes
03-13-2014, 12:08 PM
Yeah, CAR SMG is my next primary weapon, just need 8000 XP to get to 34 and unlock it. Been rotating between the R-101C Carbine and the Hemlok BF-R, depending on map size. Not perfect, but they get the job done fairly efficiently.

SCClassof93
03-13-2014, 12:11 PM
Because of iou and smooth I clicked that sale link and was going to grab a xb1 but then I remembered how crappy it is :D:P

I OU a Beatn
03-13-2014, 12:11 PM
Almost all of my kills are with the Carbine or CAR. I truly haven't bothered with much else. Well, except for the automatic EVA 8 Shotgun burn card, which is just too ridiculous not to use. :D

SmoothPancakes
03-13-2014, 12:16 PM
Almost all of my kills are with the Carbine or CAR. I truly haven't bothered with much else. Well, except for the automatic EVA 8 Shotgun burn card, which is just too ridiculous not to use. :D

Yeah, the Carbine has worked really well for me, I haven't really seen a need to stop using it. Hemlok BF-R is alright, but you had better hit and kill the guy you're shooting at with your first 3 (or 5 if you have Starburst equipped) round burst, especially if they have an automatic. I haven't tried the EVA-8 Shotgun yet, but I do have it set up as a custom class, so I may pull it out and give it a whirl, especially to get some of the shotgun burn cards.

CLW
03-13-2014, 06:22 PM
Because of iou and smooth I clicked that sale link and was going to grab a xb1 but then I remembered how crappy it is :D:P

:nod:

I OU a Beatn
03-13-2014, 06:26 PM
I am online now, so if anyone gets on, just send me an invite.

By the way, I think you have to follow me on Live, Austin. I tried to invite you to a game last night and it wouldn't let me, I'm assuming that's why.

SmoothPancakes
03-13-2014, 06:48 PM

By the way, I think you have to follow me on Live, Austin. I tried to invite you to a game last night and it wouldn't let me, I'm assuming that's why.

I'm not sure if I'll be on tonight. I'm at work right now, stuck here until probably 10:30pm, home by 11 if I'm lucky. Then I have to turn around and get up at 5:30-6am tomorrow morning to head in for a broadcast we have going on at 7am. If I do get on, it'd be for no more than an hour max. After I'm done with work tomorrow morning however, I'm free the rest of the day, so I'll be on for sure tomorrow afternoon or evening.

SmoothPancakes
03-13-2014, 07:49 PM
Alright, I definitely won't be on now. I'm sitting here running studio for a HS basketball game. It was supposed to start around 8, instead the first game went to overtime, and while we're in the middle of pregame, we still haven't tipped off the damn game yet. It'll be 11pm at this rate if I'm lucky before I even get out here, then turn around and get up at 5:30-6am tomorrow morning. :fp:

SmoothPancakes
03-13-2014, 09:13 PM
Well, I'll be around Saturday now. The team we're covering just lost in the Regional Semis for boys HS basketball, so instead of having to do a game at 3pm on Saturday, I now have the afternoon and evening off.

AustinWolv
03-14-2014, 11:22 AM

Did you get the game invite I sent? Sent it early on and then dropped into Campaign games and got so involved having fun that I forgot. :)
I'll check out the follow thing hopefully Sunday night.

JBHuskers
03-14-2014, 11:55 AM
Saw an article that I can use my 360 controller for the PC version :up:

Missed a $45 sale yesterday :fdown: hopefully I can get it for $40-$45 soon.

I OU a Beatn
03-14-2014, 01:18 PM
Saw an article that I can use my 360 controller for the PC version :up:

Missed a $45 sale yesterday :fdown: hopefully I can get it for $40-$45 soon.

You can use the 360 controller with virtually any PC game. What I was saying is that if you're using a 360 controller on PC against mouse and keyboard users, you're going to be the equivalent to the AI fodder. :D

JBHuskers
03-14-2014, 01:44 PM
You can use the 360 controller with virtually any PC game. What I was saying is that if you're using a 360 controller on PC against mouse and keyboard users, you're going to be the equivalent to the AI fodder. :D

Oh LOL

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU.

I OU a Beatn
03-14-2014, 01:48 PM
Oh LOL

By the way, saw this floating around the internet the past few days. I have no idea if it still works, but worth a try if you can get it for $37.

You can get this game for $37 straight from EA.

Like any origin game, you can spoof your location to mexico to get a discount. They sell their games cheaper in "poorer" countries.

Step 1 - Get a VPN service. Tons of free ones, use google.
Step 2 - Use a Proxy located in Mexico
Step 3 - Get the game in your cart.
Step 4 - Disconnect from VPN and proxy to enter you payment information.
Step 5 - Enjoy your $37 copy of Titanfall, and virtually any other game on origin This has worked for years.

(will show as 499 pesos in your cart)

AustinWolv
03-17-2014, 01:21 PM
Not sure if legit, but holy crap if so: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/17/titanfall-player-hits-max-level-in-under-four-days

I just hit level 29 last night, lol.

Ran across some Gen2 and a Gen4 also. If I can get to level29 in the time I've played, I can definitely see people having Gen'd already. I'm not all that good, but damn if that game isn't fun. I played for about 4 hours last night pretty much straight and didn't even realize it. That is seriously one of the longest stretches I've sat down to play in a looooooong time.

Although it is annoying that you can't tell which campaign missions you need to finish.

JBHuskers
03-17-2014, 03:48 PM
I'm tempted to just go the 360 route instead of PC.

I OU a Beatn
03-17-2014, 06:54 PM
I'm tempted to just go the 360 route instead of PC.

Rumored to be 30 FPS. Wouldn't touch it. Part of the allure of the game play is the blistering pace of the game at 60 FPS. It just wont be the same if the rumors are true.

JBHuskers
03-19-2014, 03:24 PM
$15 credit with the pre-order of Titanfall for 360. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DC9SWWE/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00DC9SWWE&linkCode=as2&tag=thegamtai-20)

I OU a Beatn
03-19-2014, 03:26 PM
And the 360 version was delayed again, this time until April 8.

JBHuskers
03-19-2014, 06:30 PM
Report: EA lands deal for Titanfall 2, sequel won't be Microsoft exclusive (Polygon) (http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/19/5526942/report-ea-lands-deal-for-titanfall-2-sequel-wont-be-microsoft)

I OU a Beatn
03-19-2014, 07:24 PM
Way too early for that to be known. The only sure thing is that EA gets rights for the 2nd game. The first game was a timed exclusive right up until 3 or 4 months before launch, when Microsoft threw a boat load of money at EA and locked up full on exclusivity. The 2nd game hasn't even started development yet and they're already saying it wont be exclusive? Yeah, that's a load of BS and pure speculation.

It'll come down to whether or not Microsoft is willing to pay the massive amount of cash EA will want to keep the 2nd exclusive. I have absolutely no doubts that we're talking hundreds of millions of dollars. If Microsoft WANTS to lock it up as an exclusive, they will.

However, I don't see the point. They would be spending hundreds of millions of dollars for a game that is already going to sell gangbusters on their system, exclusive or not. We also wont be seeing the next game until 2016. By that time we'll have a full fledged Halo title and we'll be nearing the launch of a brand new Gears of War and a 2nd Titanfall will not have the same impact on selling systems as something like Halo or Gears of War.

It made sense this time around because it's the biggest next gen title until Destiny comes out, and it had the potential to really help the Xbox One sell. It just doesn't make sense to me to do that with the 2nd game. However, like I've always said, if Microsoft wants it and is willing to shell out the big bucks, they'll get it. I just don't think that they believe they need it to be exclusive, and I agree with that.

It will be interesting, though, if it does come to Sony platforms. The game uses Microsoft servers on all platforms. Will they continue to use them and have something else on Sony platforms, or will they switch all versions to EA servers? If the latter is the case, I wont even be interested in it. Playing Battlefield 4 an Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare and then hopping onto Titanfall is like night and day.

AustinWolv
03-20-2014, 09:01 AM
Again, I have to harp on that I haven't sat down and played a game online for this much in a looooooong time. Played for quite a while last night, and my results are slowly getting better. Finished the last game last night with something like 7-9 pilot kills and I think 1 death. Anything better than 2:1 ratio is good for me, quit laughing. :)

Was focusing on getting the achievement for winning campaign as militia and got that one knocked out last night. Still have one map on IMC side in campaign to win to get that achievement, and then it is off to classic mode, as I haven't even touched some of the other game types yet.

Satchel charges in Hardpoint are fun, hehe.

I ended up going with the Turtle Beach X07 headphones so now I can enjoy some audio since I had to keep the game volume pretty low previously what with the family sleeping late at night.

Good times.

CLW
03-23-2014, 09:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsKtjwQaA5k

I OU a Beatn
03-25-2014, 01:08 PM
So apparently you can bunny hop after wall running and maintain that momentum for a few jumps afterwards on the ground. This changes...everything.

souljahbill
03-25-2014, 01:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsKtjwQaA5k

That shit was actually pretty fucking funny!

AustinWolv
03-25-2014, 01:51 PM
So apparently you can bunny hop after wall running and maintain that momentum for a few jumps afterwards on the ground. This changes...everything.
Yeah, kind of noticed the other night that the momentum seems to carry on. Used it to get to a Titan to rodeo quickly and then another time when I was scrambling my ass off to avoid a Titan shooting me up.......was wall-running, jumped down, and then jumped up to another building to scramble around the corner. Just barely made it. :)

Not sure I could do it again though, I still button mash a bit too much, lol.

JBHuskers
03-25-2014, 02:07 PM
I'm guessing you can look for me Thursday and/or Friday.

SmoothPancakes
03-25-2014, 04:44 PM
I'm guessing you can look for me Thursday and/or Friday.

Sounds good! I'll be on those nights, I'm sure IOU, maybe bdoughty (he's been on the last couple nights), hell, maybe even Austin. We can try and get a group together.

I OU a Beatn
03-25-2014, 04:55 PM
I haven't seen any body on recently. I've been lone wolfing it. :(

I've been trying to work through these generation 4 requirements. I HATE that sub machine gun, which I finally finished last night. I HATE, HATE, HATE the fucking Titan railgun and it's going to take me forever to get finished with it. I thought the idea of requiring certain challenges for each generation was a cool idea, but after fucking around with that thing for about 20 matches now, I'm truly not too sure.

JBHuskers
03-25-2014, 05:00 PM

I've been trying to work through these generation 4 requirements. I HATE that sub machine gun, which I finally finished last night. I HATE, HATE, HATE the fucking Titan railgun and it's going to take me forever to get finished with it. I thought the idea of requiring certain challenges for each generation was a cool idea, but after fucking around with that thing for about 20 matches now, I'm truly not too sure.

Are achievements tied to the generation challenges? Do you have to complete the challenges to move to the next generation?

SmoothPancakes
03-25-2014, 05:03 PM

I've been on the last couple nights, at different hours, but been on. Send me a message when you get on Titanfall. If I'm free, I'll jump over and join up.

I OU a Beatn
03-25-2014, 05:11 PM
Are achievements tied to the generation challenges? Do you have to complete the challenges to move to the next generation?

There's an achievement for regenerating once. There's also a 0 point achievement for reaching generation 10. In order to go to the first regeneration, you just have to hit level 50. After that, you have to hit level 50 and then specific challenges for each one. To go from the first to the 2nd, for example, you have to hit level 50, kill 200 enemies with the shotgun, and then kill 200 enemies with the Canon weapon for the Titan.

They get much harder and much more tedious. Right now I have to destroy 50 titans with the rail gun, which is in a word, useless. To get from gen 4 to gen 5, you have to kill 50 people in the air after they eject from their Titan. That seems to have people kicking and screaming the most. :D

AustinWolv
03-26-2014, 12:14 AM
Frankly, I'm a little sad that all the challenges are erased. I miss them after regen'ing. There is an achievement for unlocking everything, so don't regen if you want to get that one. Once you get it, then regen.

Besides bragging to pretty much nobody and not really getting anything for it, I'm not sure I'll bother regen'ing again since I'd rather have all the stuff I've unlocked and get to use it rather than just have a neato badge next to my username in the game. Especially since some of those requirements to hit the next regens are tedious and tough (or annoying) like OU mentioned.

BTW, I'm not enjoying Capture the Flag. I like Attrition a lot more and still haven't even touched the other game modes. I bet I like them better than CTF though. Working on getting all the maps on all the game modes achievement.

I OU a Beatn
03-26-2014, 12:50 AM
I'm going to go for the unlock everything after I hit gen 10. There's an achievement for that, too, so I figure I'll use the permanent XP boost that way once I unlock everything, I don't have to regenerate anymore.

I OU a Beatn
03-26-2014, 03:28 AM
Smooth, you got a headset?

I've been playing with a buddy in a party...I tried inviting you to the party when I saw you in our game but it kept spouting out "something went wrong" every time I tried. I've been having nothing but problems with this damn party system. I'm pretty sure it's user error and I'm just doing something wrong. :D

SmoothPancakes
03-26-2014, 07:13 AM
Smooth, you got a headset?

I've been playing with a buddy in a party...I tried inviting you to the party when I saw you in our game but it kept spouting out "something went wrong" every time I tried. I've been having nothing but problems with this damn party system. I'm pretty sure it's user error and I'm just doing something wrong. :D

Yeah, I've got the standard headset that came with the console. So few people on my friends list either have an Xbox One or ever use their headsets, I don't remember the last time I've ever actually plugged it in. :D

I'll be back on Titanfall tonight, I'll make sure to have my headset plugged in. Even without being able to talk, we still whooped some ass last night while playing together. There were a couple matches we just went apeshit on the other team, especially on Relic, where it seemed like our entire team had Titans and were mowing down enemy pilots. I probably spent 85% of that match in my Titan, the enemy team just couldn't kill me or destroy my Titan, I just went stomping around killing pilots and ganging up on enemy Titans and then went stomping around some more. :D

JBHuskers
03-26-2014, 09:57 AM
Tomorrow!!!

:hump: :hump: :hump: :hump: :hump:

AustinWolv
03-26-2014, 11:34 AM
I'm going to go for the unlock everything after I hit gen 10. There's an achievement for that, too, so I figure I'll use the permanent XP boost that way once I unlock everything, I don't have to regenerate anymore.

That achievement isn't worth any GS though, so you just want the achievement to get it, eh?
I'm not sure I have the patience to do the required stuff to regenerate. I just want to play and have fun, which is so damn easy in this game.

I was on last night, but it wasn't until about 10:30CST or so. Stupid business calls at night. Probably be on tonight, but not until after 9pmCST at the earliest.
I didn't play much last night, was still trying to get two friggin' maps completed on CTF.....only got one. The map rotation is such a crapshoot, so I switched over to Attrition as I needed one map there plus I get a whole lot more XP and am more successful, and the map I needed came up on the 2nd game.

I OU a Beatn
03-26-2014, 12:00 PM
Yeah, I've got the standard headset that came with the console. So few people on my friends list either have an Xbox One or ever use their headsets, I don't remember the last time I've ever actually plugged it in. :D

I'll be back on Titanfall tonight, I'll make sure to have my headset plugged in. Even without being able to talk, we still whooped some ass last night while playing together. There were a couple matches we just went apeshit on the other team, especially on Relic, where it seemed like our entire team had Titans and were mowing down enemy pilots. I probably spent 85% of that match in my Titan, the enemy team just couldn't kill me or destroy my Titan, I just went stomping around killing pilots and ganging up on enemy Titans and then went stomping around some more. :D

That's the match I said "screw it" and switched back to my chain gun for my Titan. I've been using the Rail gun trying to meet the requirements for dooming 50 Titans with it, and it's truly just a miserable gun to use. I wanted to have a little fun for awhile, so I switched and immediately put up 15+ pilot kills. I'll be so glad when I get that challenge completed. I don't understand how a gun that awful is even in the game.

AustinWolv
03-26-2014, 12:59 PM
Isn't that gun a niche thing? Basically a sniper rifle for a Titan. Which is weird since standoff fights rarely happen IMO. But I guess if the map was big enough, some Titan could be off near an edge with that thing and yield high damage on other Titans, as long as they were busy with close-in fights and/or that Titan with the railgun is being protected by faster ROF weapons on other Titans.

Just a guess, I don't know. Haven't even used it as I like the arc cannon and chaingun. :)

I OU a Beatn
03-26-2014, 01:05 PM
Yeah, it's a single shot sniper rifle, basically. It's just completely useless. You need to doom 50 Titans with it and I believe I've got 26. :fp:

AustinWolv
03-26-2014, 01:51 PM
26 more than me. :)

JBHuskers
03-26-2014, 02:26 PM
26 more than me. :)

:+1:

SmoothPancakes
03-26-2014, 06:44 PM
I think I used it for one match when I first unlocked it, then I promptly unequipped it and went back to the chaingun. :D What a piece of trash that thing is.

AustinWolv
03-27-2014, 11:35 AM
Was on for a while last night. It took about TWO hours of playing and/or trying to get into a game for the map I needed to show up to complete all maps for CTF. However they have the rotation set up, it seems to favor about 5 maps out of the 15 to kick you into. Consistently there are some maps that I don't see much. So glad to be done with CTF.

Started going through the Hardpoint maps last night and this morning. Much more fun.

I OU a Beatn
03-27-2014, 01:51 PM
14 more doomed Titans to go with the Rail gun. K/d ratio has dropped at least .5 since I started going for it. :D

JBHuskers
03-27-2014, 01:54 PM
14 more doomed Titans to go with the Rail gun. K/d ratio has dropped at least .5 since I started going for it. :D

And you're doing this just so you can go to the next generation?

AustinWolv
03-27-2014, 02:00 PM
And you're doing this just so you can go to the next generation?

Yeah. Other than the neato generation badge next to your username in the lobby and the 0-point GS for gen'ing up to 10, I don't get the point. It is an easy way to keep a player involved and always working to progress.

But I'd rather just unlock everything and be able to play with trying different stuff.

I OU a Beatn
03-27-2014, 02:29 PM
I just like ranking up honestly. As Austin said, it gives me something to work towards, which infinitely prolongs the longevity of a game. That, and there's an achievement for reaching generation 10, and I plan to get all the achievements for this, so...

JBHuskers
03-27-2014, 02:52 PM
Beatn wants to flaunt his e-penis :D

I OU a Beatn
03-27-2014, 03:02 PM
I want my full achievement completion for the game.

...and maybe taunt my massive e-penis a little. :D

AustinWolv
03-27-2014, 03:05 PM
...and maybe taunt my little e-penis.

That doesn't seem very nice.

Whatever makes you happy, man. :)

I plan to get all the achievements for this, so...
Given some of the achievements, XB2 will be out by the time I complete the list.

BTW, I crossed 100k GS the other day. :P

JBHuskers
03-27-2014, 09:44 PM
It says to start Titanfall, my Xbox needs to be connected to XBL. My testing of connections is fine so what gives?

JBHuskers
03-27-2014, 09:51 PM
I'm good now. Had a problem connecting to XBL for some reason.

SmoothPancakes
03-27-2014, 10:03 PM
Alright, well I just jumped on Titanfall, so if you want to team up, I'm game. I can join you for the campaign if you want, I actually don't mind playing the campaign over. It gives some nice change between Attrition and Hardpoint, so you can alternate back and forth without having to back out to a lobby and restart like in Classic Titanfall.

And we may have ourselves a team here. You, me, Austin's playing right now, IOU is online watching TV, but no doubt he'll be jumping over in due time. Bdoughty is in Titanfall right now, so we have five of us online right now, technically 6 if counting Gatorfan, who is using the blu-ray app right now.

I OU a Beatn
03-27-2014, 10:40 PM
As soon as the Gators game is over, I'll be on. I've got those damned doomed Titans to finish.

JBHuskers
03-27-2014, 10:47 PM
I just finished training. I think I'll just do campaign tonight to get acclimated. Then eventually join you guys.

SmoothPancakes
03-27-2014, 11:03 PM
As soon as the Gators game is over, I'll be on. I've got those damned doomed Titans to finish.

I'll be on. I'm whooping ass right now. Playing Colony on Campaign, 97 attrition points, 11 pilot kills, 8 titan kills 17 minion kills and four deaths. I manhandled those bastards. And I finally got the achievement for winning every campaign mission as Militia. Colony was the only one standing in my way, and luckily, I specifically picked Colony, got put on Militia, and I got very lucky with a good team, which we proceeded to whoop ass to the tune of 300-192.

I just finished training. I think I'll just do campaign tonight to get acclimated. Then eventually join you guys.

Like I said, I'll join you for the campaign if you want. I actually enjoy playing the campaign. Classic Titanfall and the campaign, either one works for me, so just let me know, I'll jump into a match with you and go through it on your team. I had to win the Colony mission as Militia, so I'm probably just going to play out the remainder of the Militia campaign missions for now.

SmoothPancakes
03-27-2014, 11:16 PM
Damn, I think I've found a pretty good team! Just played Odyssey as Militia, another huge win, 300-171, I never died once the entire match, stayed alive the entire time from start to finish. 8 pilot kills, 2 titan kills, a bunch of minion kills. This is one hell of a team I've ended up on!

JBHuskers
03-27-2014, 11:19 PM
I'll be on. I'm whooping ass right now. Playing Colony on Campaign, 97 attrition points, 11 pilot kills, 8 titan kills 17 minion kills and four deaths. I manhandled those bastards. And I finally got the achievement for winning every campaign mission as Militia. Colony was the only one standing in my way, and luckily, I specifically picked Colony, got put on Militia, and I got very lucky with a good team, which we proceeded to whoop ass to the tune of 300-192.

Like I said, I'll join you for the campaign if you want. I actually enjoy playing the campaign. Classic Titanfall and the campaign, either one works for me, so just let me know, I'll jump into a match with you and go through it on your team. I had to win the Colony mission as Militia, so I'm probably just going to play out the remainder of the Militia campaign missions for now.

Definitely. Tonight I'm just going to dig around solo. Maybe do the campaign by myself, then down the road we can co-op it.

Maybe Sunday play online with you guys. I think late tomorrow I'm going to play the new Battlefield DLC with Snoop.

SmoothPancakes
03-27-2014, 11:29 PM
Definitely. Tonight I'm just going to dig around solo. Maybe do the campaign by myself, then down the road we can co-op it.

Maybe Sunday play online with you guys. I think late tomorrow I'm going to play the new Battlefield DLC with Snoop.

Sounds good!

And sweet Jesus this team I'm on is unstoppable. Playing Get Barker, we jumped out to a 21-6 lead, and proceeded to win 300-121. Total, utter, complete ass whooping! This is gonna be fun going through this second half of the Militia campaign with this group. :D

400-173 on Hardpoint Domination playing "Here Be Dragons". :D I don't think God himself could beat this team. Level 40, two 46s (me one of them), and then three Generation 2s (level 7, 43 and 45). We are unstoppable, and we know it, because this team has stayed together for five straight missions now, no one has left.

JBHuskers
03-28-2014, 12:28 AM
So you can only play the campaign with others online? I'm kinda confused.

I OU a Beatn
03-28-2014, 12:31 AM

There is no such thing as a real campaign on this game. There's also no such thing as single player. All "campaign" means is that you're playing through a regular match (either Attrition or Hardpoint) with and against other people with the lone difference being that there is additional dialogue and set pieces. It's 100% online competitive multiplayer only regardless of the mode you play.

JBHuskers
03-28-2014, 12:42 AM
My first campaign match I scored the most points on the losing team. :D that's sad.

SmoothPancakes
03-28-2014, 12:42 AM

There is no such thing as a real campaign on this game. There's also no such thing as single player. All "campaign" means is that you're playing through a regular match (either Attrition or Hardpoint) with and against other people with the lone difference being that there is additional dialogue and set pieces. It's 100% online competitive multiplayer only regardless of the mode you play.

Yep. That was why I said, if you want, I'll join up with you. I have no problem going through the campaign again. At least give you one or two non-dumbass teammates, maybe help you win some missions.

JBHuskers
03-28-2014, 12:55 AM
:up: fully get it now.

JBHuskers
03-28-2014, 12:57 AM
What is the easiest way to track your campaign progress?

SmoothPancakes
03-28-2014, 01:01 AM
What is the easiest way to track your campaign progress?

Write down what missions you've won and lost. If you want to get the achievement for winning every mission on both IMC and Militia. I didn't write it down and it was a nightmare trying to figure out which ones I already won and which ones I still needed.

I OU a Beatn
03-28-2014, 01:02 AM
Write down what missions you've won and lost. If you want to get the achievement for winning every mission on both IMC and Militia. I didn't write it down and it was a nightmare trying to figure out which ones I already won and which ones I still needed.

When a sentence explaining how to track progress in a game starts with "write down..." there's probably something wrong. :D

SmoothPancakes
03-28-2014, 01:07 AM
When a sentence explaining how to track progress in a game starts with "write down..." there's probably something wrong. :D

Oh yeah, there's definitely something wrong there. :D

That is one thing that Respawn either seriously missed or overlooked, or just one bad decision on their part. That's one thing that needs patched. That, and the ability to choose what sides you want to play on. We can pick which mission we want to play, but can't pick whether we specifically want to be IMC or Militia. A head scratching decision there.

AustinWolv
03-28-2014, 09:24 AM
Use this to track Campaign and what maps you've played in Classic mode: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=08296197192914414025

I have 13 more maps in LTS and all 15 in Pilot Hunter, and then I've Seen It All is mine.

JBHuskers
03-28-2014, 11:01 AM
I only played a couple of campaign matches last night (as I wanted to try Peggle 2 and Garden Warfare before I went to bed). I'm loving it. Seems like I'm getting the hang of it. I've destroyed a few Titans on my own and have done some damage in a Titan myself. I played Hardpoint Domination and Ascension.

GatorfanStovy
03-28-2014, 11:38 AM
How do you guys gain the most points in matches? I usually just get kill points and assist in killing titans no more usually.

I OU a Beatn
03-28-2014, 12:23 PM
I put up 145 points one time in Attrition. :D

In Attrition, you really want to take the grunts out when you get the chance. It adds to the score and it makes getting a Titan much quicker. The Titan load out for Attrition should be whatever Titan + chain gun + electric smoke + cluster missile. The chain gun is by far the best at taking out opposing pilots up on buildings or on the ground. Electric smoke is great at removing people trying to rodeo you (and works great if 2 or 3 Titans get around you). Cluster missile is just amazing. If a pilot is nagging you from inside a building and keeps running away, just fire a rocket in the room and walk away. Death is coming for him within the first few explosions. It also does MASSIVE damage to a Titan if directly impacted.

Once you get your Titan in Attrition with that load out, you should have no problem getting a ton of kills. Make sure you're running over any grunts or other AI you see, those points count!

EDIT: Found the game. Check the grunt kills. Granted, it's not often you can put up 22 pilot kills and doom 5 Titans in one match, but all those grunt kills were just running over them in my Titan. It helps IMMENSELY in Attrition.

http://i61.tinypic.com/a29jtc.jpg

I OU a Beatn
03-28-2014, 12:40 PM
By the way, I figured out my lag issue last night, Smooth. I'm pretty sure I figured out your lag issue, too. :D

I found it odd that I had no lag in alpha/beta/retail so far, and then all of the sudden, it started last night. When I backed out our games, I went to check to make sure Tomb Raider was set to download so that it would do it overnight. I get to the apps screen and the damn thing is already downloaded and installed and Thief is halfway done. So, I guess pro tip for everyone - this isn't like 360, it WILL download games while you're playing online. :fp:

JBHuskers
03-28-2014, 12:46 PM
Oh yeah Attrition not Ascension :D

My first Attrition match I think I scored 68. I had about half and half on the ground and with my Titan.

GatorfanStovy
03-28-2014, 12:50 PM
ya u really gotta pay attention to games being downloaded or not. It really kills the speed of online gaming.

JBHuskers
03-28-2014, 03:06 PM
Gonna dick around with some campaign stuff around 5:15 central if anyone is around.

I OU a Beatn
03-28-2014, 04:24 PM
I might be on a bit before the tourny games start. I will definitely be on after they're finished.

On another note, as of last night, NO MORE RAIL GUN! :fb:

GatorfanStovy
03-28-2014, 04:24 PM
I'll be on for a bit JB. I just finished up the first campaign stuff. Now on to the other side of the story.

JBHuskers
03-28-2014, 06:35 PM
Okay what is a burn card?

I must have gotten lucky in my first loss making it back to the ship after a loss. Haven't made it back to one since lol

JBHuskers
03-28-2014, 07:02 PM
Also, are Burn Cards one use only?

I OU a Beatn
03-28-2014, 07:55 PM
Burn cards are upgrades you randomly get for getting kills, wins, completing challenges, etc... You can equip up to 3 per match and you can have a total of 25(? or somewhere around that amount) in your deck at once. Once you die, the card you have activated is gone. If you regenerate, you'll get really rare ones like being able to launch a titan as soon as the game starts. I'm actually not sure if you have to regenerate to get those, but I've only gotten those immediate titan burn cards right after regenerating.

JBHuskers
03-28-2014, 08:25 PM
Finished the IMF missions and now onto the Militia ones. Already at level 11. Played 3 hours tonight before I knew it :D

SmoothPancakes
03-28-2014, 08:42 PM
I should be on in a little bit here. I'm only going to be on until 2 or 2:30am EST tonight, as that's the time I have to start getting ready and head out the door for work. So it'll be a shorter night than normal for me. But I can still get in a couple solid hours of ass whooping. I can for sure hit level 50 tonight, only something like 60,000 EXP away. Haven't decided yet if I'll regen right away or stick with 50 a bit.

GatorfanStovy
03-28-2014, 10:26 PM
You can level up pretty fast in hard point .. I was just on and leveled up like 4 ranks in just 2 hours.

SmoothPancakes
03-28-2014, 10:39 PM
You can level up pretty fast in hard point .. I was just on and leveled up like 4 ranks in just 2 hours.

Yep. I've gone from level 34 to currently level 49 just since Monday alone, playing, maybe, 3 or 4 hours a night. I jumped from 44 to 49 last night alone, and I'll be level 50 by the time I get off tonight, that I have no doubt about.

I OU a Beatn
03-28-2014, 10:53 PM
Challenges are the key to ranking up the quickest. My last regeneration I went from 1 to 34 in like 4 hours. It's smart to use a bunch of different weapons so that you can get a variety of challenges completed which leads to a lot of 10,000 point bonuses.

SmoothPancakes
03-29-2014, 01:13 AM
Well, I had some fun tonight. There were some serious dumbasses on the other team.

Last three matches in the campaign, every match, I had no less than 13 pilot kills and no more than 3 deaths, with two or three matches, I ended with no deaths at all. And it seemed like two out of every three pilot kills was by either jump kicking or executions. These dumbasses never watched their damn backs. They were so focused on shooting in front of them, I repeatedly kept running up right behind them completely uncloaked and executing them. It was almost getting ridiculous. At one point I went on a 5 kill streak with nothing BUT executions.

Sadly, they all left during the waiting for the final mission in campaign. Oh well, I suppose it's best, I have to start getting ready and head out the door right now, so I probably didn't really have time for the final campaign mission. Still a blast though, even playing solo. Didn't get to level 50 like I expected (partly due to not even getting into Titanfall until nearly 12:30am due to basketball), but, I need on 16,435 XP more to hit level 50. That, I can guarantee I WILL get sometime Saturday evening.

SmoothPancakes
03-29-2014, 04:25 PM
And there we go! Level 50 has been achieved. I think I'll enjoy level 50 for a day or two, use up some of the 23 burn cards that I have in my stock right now, and then tomorrow or Monday, go ahead and Regenerate and start the quest to 50 again.

I OU a Beatn
03-29-2014, 05:09 PM
And there we go! Level 50 has been achieved. I think I'll enjoy level 50 for a day or two, use up some of the 23 burn cards that I have in my stock right now, and then tomorrow or Monday, go ahead and Regenerate and start the quest to 50 again.

You get burn cards for the Atlas, Stryder, AND Ogre Titans when you regenerate, meaning you can drop one of each as soon as the match starts. Just saying. ;)

Make sure you only have 15 or so burn cards when you regenerate, though. If you have too many, the instant Titan cards are the first to get automatically discarded.

I OU a Beatn
03-29-2014, 09:36 PM
Hit level 50 on Gen 3 and I only need 6 more satchel Pilot kills. I was paying so much attention to the Rail gun Titan dooms that I wasn't even really trying kill Pilots with satchel charges until recently.

Once I got 50, I got a burn card pack that included 3 dress as spectres, 2 instant Atlas Titans, 1 instant Stryder titan, and 1 instant ogre Titan. Once I get these 6 satchel charges, the Gen 4 leveling is going to start with a bang. :nod:

SmoothPancakes
03-29-2014, 11:04 PM
You get burn cards for the Atlas, Stryder, AND Ogre Titans when you regenerate, meaning you can drop one of each as soon as the match starts. Just saying. ;)

Make sure you only have 15 or so burn cards when you regenerate, though. If you have too many, the instant Titan cards are the first to get automatically discarded.

Hit level 50 on Gen 3 and I only need 6 more satchel Pilot kills. I was paying so much attention to the Rail gun Titan dooms that I wasn't even really trying kill Pilots with satchel charges until recently.

Once I got 50, I got a burn card pack that included 3 dress as spectres, 2 instant Atlas Titans, 1 instant Stryder titan, and 1 instant ogre Titan. Once I get these 6 satchel charges, the Gen 4 leveling is going to start with a bang. :nod:

I got 3 spectres, 1 Atlas, 1 Stryder and 1 Orge when I hit 50. Since I'm at 23 burn cards, yeah, I'm gonna burn through some of my lesser burn cards to try and get below 15 and then I'll regenerate.

I OU a Beatn
03-30-2014, 10:58 PM
Some of these challenges are just laughably ridiculous. I'm too far into now to quit, but if I would have known how annoying some of them are, I would have never even bothered regenerating. "Land 30 critical hits with the charge rifle." Yeah, screw you, buddy. I'm at level 46 and have been actively trying to do the challenge, and I'm currently sitting at 12. :glare:

SmoothPancakes
03-31-2014, 12:59 AM
Some of these challenges are just laughably ridiculous. I'm too far into now to quit, but if I would have known how annoying some of them are, I would have never even bothered regenerating. "Land 30 critical hits with the charge rifle." Yeah, screw you, buddy. I'm at level 46 and have been actively trying to do the challenge, and I'm currently sitting at 12. :glare:

I came across this site a couple days ago, with all of the future fun of regeneration listed. Ugh. I'm not sure I'm looking forward as much to the climb to Gen 10 as I was a couple days ago.

http://titanfall.gamepedia.com/Regeneration

AustinWolv
03-31-2014, 11:16 AM
I came across this site a couple days ago, with all of the future fun of regeneration listed. Ugh. I'm not sure I'm looking forward as much to the climb to Gen 10 as I was a couple days ago.

http://titanfall.gamepedia.com/Regeneration

Told you. ;)

JBHuskers
03-31-2014, 12:05 PM
Are you guys rocking the Stryder or the Ogre?

Also, what is the special acheivement of getting to Level 50 before the end of March? Is it a ton of gamerscore, or what does it do? I won't get there as I'm at 17.

I OU a Beatn
03-31-2014, 12:09 PM
Are you guys rocking the Stryder or the Ogre?

Also, what is the special acheivement of getting to Level 50 before the end of March? Is it a ton of gamerscore, or what does it do? I won't get there as I'm at 17.

Stryder. If you really know what you're doing, it's by far the best Titan. Granted, you'll occasionally get in a situation where your health has been drained and you'll get owned by an Ogre, but I win the vast majority of my Titan battles and I only ever use the Stryder.

It's just a challenge. It doesn't add any gamer score - I don't think it gives you anything, to be honest. :D

Some of the challenges in other games give you skins or unlock special content for the game, but I don't think it gave me anything.

JBHuskers
03-31-2014, 01:35 PM
Stryder. If you really know what you're doing, it's by far the best Titan. Granted, you'll occasionally get in a situation where your health has been drained and you'll get owned by an Ogre, but I win the vast majority of my Titan battles and I only ever use the Stryder.

It's just a challenge. It doesn't add any gamer score - I don't think it gives you anything, to be honest. :D

Some of the challenges in other games give you skins or unlock special content for the game, but I don't think it gave me anything.

Cool I was using Ogre. I will get Stryder a try. I finished the Militia story last night. Now I have to go back and win each segment. I'm just going to start from the beginning and go til I win I think.

SmoothPancakes
03-31-2014, 01:49 PM
Cool I was using Ogre. I will get Stryder a try. I finished the Militia story last night. Now I have to go back and win each segment. I'm just going to start from the beginning and go til I win I think.

I primarily use Ogre, just because I'm one of those "up and in your face" kind of people, where the extra armor comes in handy as I slug it out (literally!) at close range. Even in a two on one or three on one situation, I can at least put an ass whooping on at least one of the opposing bastards before they take me out and I have to eject. But, I do want to give the Stryder (and Stryder tactics) a try based on IOU's comments about it.

AustinWolv
03-31-2014, 02:01 PM
I haven't used the Stryder, but I know they are hard to deal with because they can maneuver so well. I can definitely see the benefits there, but just haven't bothered to mess with them yet.

I OU a Beatn
03-31-2014, 02:07 PM
Yeah, when I start bouncing around, I often times don't even get hit. Most of my titans being doomed are from 2 or 3 titans ganging up on me. You have to learn not to just sit still and duke it out with other titans, though, because that's a battle you lose every time. If you're good at shooting on the move, though, Stryder is definitely the best. I usually just run all over people using the Ogre because they can't turn fast enough to keep up. The Ogre + the 40mm cannon is still a very deadly combo, though. Very hard to beat that combo with any titan when they're landing their shots.

SmoothPancakes
03-31-2014, 03:08 PM
Yeah, when I start bouncing around, I often times don't even get hit.

I can attest to this. Those speedy fuckers can cause nightmares when you're in an Ogre. My method is to trap them. Either work them into a corner or make them chase me to where I can set a trap, then get in close with my Big Punch ability and fuck their world up with two or three punches right to the chest. That's my "easy" way of dealing with them. Trap/corner, then destroy with Big Punch-enhance swings, taking advantage of their weaker defenses.

JBHuskers
03-31-2014, 04:46 PM
Can you jump with a Stryder?

JBHuskers
03-31-2014, 06:05 PM
Also how do you choose which side you want in replaying the campaign?

JBHuskers
03-31-2014, 06:21 PM
And what's the difference between Attrition and Pilot Hunter? :D

I OU a Beatn
03-31-2014, 06:30 PM
Can you jump with a Stryder?

I think you actually can in Capture the Flag. In other modes, no, you can not jump with any other Titan. I'm not sure about Capture the Flag, but I think I've read that you can in that mode.

Also how do you choose which side you want in replaying the campaign?

Search for a match and pray. Currently no way to specifically pick a side.

And what's the difference between Attrition and Pilot Hunter? :D

In Attrition, getting kills against the grunts and other AI takes off time required to get your Titan and also even counts towards the scoreboard. In Pilot Hunter, which is basically the exact same thing as Attrition, you do NOT get points for killing the AI and they do NOT count towards taking time off the time required for your Titan. Only landing Pilot and Titan kills counts for points in Pilot Hunter.

JBHuskers
03-31-2014, 10:19 PM
Anyone around in about 15 minutes?

SmoothPancakes
04-01-2014, 10:00 AM
Anyone around in about 15 minutes?

Saw your message on Live from last night. Sorry man, I had fallen asleep. My sleep cycle has been uber-fucked up since last week, waking up at midnight or 1am, sitting up all day and falling asleep from exhaustion by 4 or 5pm. I was awake until around 7pm last night, but was watching TV, didn't even realize my One was still on. Thankfully I got a full night's sleep though. I momentarily woke up around 1am, but was able to roll back over and sleep until 7am this morning.

So I should be good for some Titanfall ass whooping tonight, as I've only been awake for four hours now instead of the 10 or 11 hours that I had been the last couple days. Just make another post on here or shoot me another message on Live, and I'll jump into some Titanfall with you.

JBHuskers
04-01-2014, 10:42 AM
I won't be home tonight :D

Got up to level 25 last night.

SmoothPancakes
04-01-2014, 10:53 AM
Naturally. :D

Well, I should be around most nights this week. This time of year, with HS football and basketball long over, it's just daytime stuff from here on out through August. So I'm home and around every night in the evening.

JBHuskers
04-01-2014, 11:07 AM
So I'm doing the spreadsheet thing to keep track of wins with IMF and Militia :D according to the acheivement, I'm 7/9 for Militia, but I have no idea which two I need, but I got on a good team last night and knocked out the first three there. It seems like I'm never on IMF since I completed both campaigns.

SmoothPancakes
04-01-2014, 11:34 AM
That's funny, IOU could never get on Militia. I had one or two Militia campaign missions to finish, but as party leader he kept getting thrown on IMC. I tried party leader and first mission we end up on Militia. :D

Honestly, if you're anything like me and IOU, you'll end up playing every campaign mission, both as IMC and Militia, about 50 times over. I've played campaign missions (ANY campaign mission, either side) probably a good 100-150 times now. I've played straight up classic multiplayer Attrition games maybe 20 or 30. I don't know why, but I actually sort of enjoy playing the campaign missions over that of just standard classic multiplayer.

JBHuskers
04-01-2014, 11:38 AM
That's funny, IOU could never get on Militia. I had one or two Militia campaign missions to finish, but as party leader he kept getting thrown on IMC. I tried party leader and first mission we end up on Militia. :D

Honestly, if you're anything like me and IOU, you'll end up playing every campaign mission, both as IMC and Militia, about 50 times over. I've played campaign missions (ANY campaign mission, either side) probably a good 100-150 times now. I've played straight up classic multiplayer Attrition games maybe 20 or 30. I don't know why, but I actually sort of enjoy playing the campaign missions over that of just standard classic multiplayer.

Yeah Last Titan Standing doesn't interest me too much. Capture the Flag will probably be fun, but haven't tried it yet. There are supposed to be new game modes coming too.

I OU a Beatn
04-01-2014, 01:01 PM
Played 4 hours last night 100% focusing on getting gooser kills for the Generation 5 challenge. 2/50. :fp:

In reality, it should probably be around 20. There's something messed up with the hit detection when they're in the air. I've tried aiming right at 'em, and I've even tried leading them a bit, and nothing seems to do the trick. I'd like to earn all 50 before they patched it to 5, but I'm pretty certain I'm not going to have nearly enough time for that. :D

I OU a Beatn
04-01-2014, 02:54 PM
4/50. Making progress. :fp:

I OU a Beatn
04-01-2014, 03:28 PM
7/50 now. I've got 1 in 4 matches in a row now. I'm missing so many opportunities, though. I have the hardest time to get my bullets to register hits when they're up there floating around.

AustinWolv
04-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Capture the Flag sucks.

I like LTS. Pilot Hunter is ok.

Attrition and Hardpoint are my favorites.

I OU a Beatn
04-01-2014, 10:31 PM
On 16/50 now. Honestly, this challenge is just ridiculous.

1. You can't do it in Last Titan Standing (fucking awful mode, by the way). Everyone just camps back with their particle shields and try to take you out from afar with the 40mm cannon.
2. You have to try just regular modes and you're stuck with random selection of teammates. While doing this, I've seen NUMEROUS occasions where the other team had 4+ titans on the battlefield the entire match. If that's the case, you might as well not even drop your titan.
3. Hit detection in air is just absolutely fucking awful.
4. 90% of the people playing immediately go invisible upon ejecting and if you're in a titan, they are 100% invisible.

AustinWolv
04-02-2014, 11:39 AM
One more map on Pilot Hunter if my tracking spreadsheet is right, and I'll have the I've Seen it All achievement. Then, I can work on the everything unlocked one.

1. You can't do it in Last Titan Standing (fucking awful mode, by the way). Everyone just camps back with their particle shields and try to take you out from afar with the 40mm cannon.
I've seen that about 50/50 with others traveling as a group and trying to swarm 1-2 opponents at a time. So one game where all of them stayed back, 2 with the railguns and the other 4 with other guns.

I OU a Beatn
04-02-2014, 05:23 PM
28/50 now. I've been doing Last Titan Standing, which I've changed my mind on. It's AWESOME for goose kills...if your team doesn't suck. If they roll as a team, you get numerous opportunities per game to get goose kills. I've basically been joining matches and if the team isn't up to the job, quitting out until I find a good one.

I tried doing campaign to get noobs, which is probably the best idea if it weren't for the fact that most of the use the default load out, which makes them invisible when they eject. I got most of my kills that way yesterday, but I've found today's method in Last Titan Standing to be MUCH more efficient.

I OU a Beatn
04-05-2014, 12:00 AM
...and gen 5 is done. Finished off the Gooser kills a few days ago and ended up getting the remaining 20 or so in only 4 or 5 games. I thought the "doom 50 titans with the arc cannon would be a pain," but it only took me 5 hours or so the last 2 days to get all of those. Really glad I was able to get those goose kills, though. I actually got really got at 'em and have no problem taking them out now. Got a couple nice ones while I was using the arc cannon even.

AustinWolv
04-05-2014, 12:30 AM
That's some dedicated shit, OU.

I like the arc cannon. Been chewing up Titans tonight with it.

Finished the I've Seen It All achievement last night.

Working on unlocking everything to get that achievement.

I'm guessing the reason I've been doing much better tonight is that they instituted the matchmaking tweaks from the matchmaking beta they were running to Attrition and Hardpoint in Classic mode. Was tearing things up with the SMG and the shotgun.

I OU a Beatn
04-05-2014, 12:33 AM
Yeah, I never liked the arc cannon before, but it grew on me. I didn't like it until I unlocked the mod that does extra damage, but requires a full charge before it can be fired. That mod alone turns it into a pretty decent weapon. Combined with the cluster missile and a couple teammates laying down fire, it rips right through titans. Makes for awesome gooser kills, too.

AustinWolv
04-05-2014, 12:38 AM
I like using the electric smoke with it also, as you can get some concealment to charge it up and get heavy damage while the other flails around looking for you.

I OU a Beatn
04-05-2014, 02:34 PM
In gen 6 you have to get 50 titan kills by rodeo'ing them. :D :fp:

JBHuskers
04-06-2014, 03:25 AM
Jesus

I OU a Beatn
04-06-2014, 12:25 PM
I'm on 8 so far and have only been trying about an hour. I realized there's a AI controlled titan at the very beginning of the first campaign mission, so I've just been sprinting over there and taking his ass out. :D

SmoothPancakes
04-06-2014, 03:16 PM
Damn, that'll be an easy one for me. I rodeo Titans every single chance I get! I'm probably over 25 by now and I have yet to even gen up once.

I OU a Beatn
04-06-2014, 08:22 PM
So uh, I may have been a little quick to judge the triple threat titan weapon. I have to use it for the generation 6 challenges, and it's a beast. Just posted an 18 kill, 2 death, 9 titan doomed, and 41 minion kills for 145 attrition points using it. It's stupid how overpowered it is.

I OU a Beatn
04-08-2014, 06:48 PM
Done with generation 6. Took me awhile to get all those rodeo kills. You have to doom them while on them and then you have to stay on them until they either explode or the pilot ejects. I had countless times where I doomed the titan and instead of ejecting, the pilot just hopped out and shot me. None of 'em counted.

Generation 7 challenges look just stupid easy. 200 overall and 75 pilot kills with the G2A4. I don't like the gun, but that wont be too awful. Kill 200 enemies and 50 titans with the chain gun, which is easy since it's my preferred titan weapon anyway. Doom 10 titans with the charge rifle. Awful gun, but not hard at all to get 10. Then execute 25 enemies with the Stryder. Again, it's the titan I use and I do that every chance I get, so no problem there.

AustinWolv
04-08-2014, 09:20 PM
G2A4[
I just started using that to do the unlocks............have you found any tips with it? I've gotten some quick kills, better than using the DMR for my style of play, but you are at a disadvantage IMO for most situations. Pretty much have to stay outside and not get into a ROF battle with someone.

SmoothPancakes
04-09-2014, 05:03 AM
Yeah, I tend to stay away from those weapons. When everyone is using R-101C Carbines, EVA-8 Shotguns, C.A.R. SMGs, R-97 Compact SMGs, you had better be either unholy accurate or far, far out of the action or you're a sitting duck against those weapons. Since I'm one who prefers to be in the middle of the action, flanking pilots, getting close enough to execute pilots, and jumping on enemy Titans to rodeo them and doom/destroy them, I would never have the patience or proper strategy to use the G2A4, Longbow DMR or Kraber-AP.

AustinWolv
04-09-2014, 06:52 AM
What Smooth said. The EVA-8 is crazy brutal. My best kill streaks have been with that one. I like the R-101, but my overall most useful gun has been the CAR. The R-97 is pretty good, I just like having a little more versatility.

SmoothPancakes
04-09-2014, 07:47 AM
Yeah, I mainly use the R-101C and the CAR, predominantly the CAR. I have used the shotgun a bit, mostly when I have a card for the Shotgun, and yeah, that thing is just a beast. I can't even begin to count how many times I've been raped with a single near range shotgun blast in a match. The shotgun and the CAR seem to be the top two weapons that enemies kill me with in matches.

I OU a Beatn
04-09-2014, 08:27 PM
I'll probably use it the same way I used the Longbow. It's basically the same thing except it shoots a little faster and does a little less damage. I didn't really change all that much, I was still running around and trying to surprise people. It's probably smarter to play slow with the weapon, but honestly, I'm a firm believer that if you play slow in this game, you're going to get owned regardless of the weapon, so I just try to stay on the move and pick people off from a distance.

People tend to think weapons like the Longbow and G2A4 suck in close quarters, but as long as you're quick to the trigger, it does just as well as the assault rifles and SMGs, IMO.

AustinWolv
04-10-2014, 08:53 AM
I'm a firm believer that if you play slow in this game, you're going to get owned regardless of the weapon, so I just try to stay on the move and pick people off from a distance

That is exactly my thought on the game. You cannot sit up in one place for long. Pick someone off and have to move somewhere else.

People tend to think weapons like the Longbow and G2A4 suck in close quarters, but as long as you're quick to the trigger, it does just as well as the assault rifles and SMGs, IMO.
They suck if you aren't a twitcher that can aim well quickly. ;)

I OU a Beatn
04-10-2014, 12:14 PM
Patch available now:

4/10/2014 Patch Update Details

NEW FEATURES (All Platforms)

Private Match (beta) - This is the first public test of our new Private Match mode. This gives you a way to organize matches with and against your friends, for casual or tournament play. Some features are unfinished or not yet implemented, and we welcome your feedback. A few highlights:

• Private Match supports 2 to 12 players, with 1 to 6 players on each team.
• You can start a new Private Match lobby by choosing it on the main selection screen (alongside Campaign, MP, and Training). Invite your friends in or have them join you at any time.
• Choose any of the game's maps or modes (CTF, Pilot Hunter, etc.) to play in.
• Choose which team you're on.
• There is no XP gain, challenge progress, or achievement unlocking while in a Private Match. For this beta, the Last Game Summary screen will display what you would have earned in normal play outside of Private Match, but be aware that this progress will not be recorded to your lifetime total.
• For this beta, there is no concept of a "lobby leader"; any player can change game options in the lobby or start/stop the match countdown.
• All Private Match games are still played on dedicated servers via Xbox Live Cloud Compute, just like normal matches.
• New options like round time, score limits, and much more will come in future updates.

Party Colors - Your party members and their titans now show up on the mini-map with green colors, instead of the normal blue colors that other friendlies use. Their names are also drawn in green on your HUD, the obituary text, and in the pre-game lobby. This helps you figure out where your friends are and what they're up to, especially in the heat of combat.

Auto-Titan Color in Obituary - Your auto-titan's name now shows up in the obituary with the gold color that your own name does. Previously it had the same blue color as any other friendly. This makes it easier to keep tabs on how your titan is doing.

Removed Wall-hack Exploit - PC cheaters were able to modify their local configuration files to enable a sort of wall-hack cheat using legit game code. We've closed the exploit that they were using.

Menu Changes - "Play Multiplayer" is now the default (top) option on the private lobby menu, if you've completed both the IMC and Militia campaigns. It has also been renamed from "Play Classic", since the term "classic", which we used internally, proved to be confusing to some players.

Game Version on Main Menu - The main menu now displays the game's version in the bottom-left corner. Now you don't have to wonder if you really do have the latest version of the game, and we can use that to double-check things if support is helping you troubleshoot issues.

NEW FEATURES (Xbox One)

Party App Shortcut in Menus - Added a shortcut on all menus that opens the Xbox One's "Party" app by pressing Left Trigger on the controller, similar to the existing Right Trigger shortcut that invites friends. You can then press 'B' to close it when you're done, or leave it up. (This is much easier than the manual method of going to the Home screen, opening "My games & apps", selecting Apps, scrolling a few screens over to the "Party" app, and opening it.)

GAME BALANCE CHANGES

The Gooser Challenge - Based on recent feedback from fans of the game, the Gen 5 challenge requirement 'Gooser', requiring players to kill 50 ejecting pilots, will be reduced to 5 total. We had a couple of design goals for Regeneration. One was to give players a structured way to discover and experience ways of playing the game they might not have otherwise tried on their own. The second was to recognize players' mastery of various skills, going beyond just 'time played'. We went a bit too far with this challenge, especially considering the unique conditions that have to be met just to have the opportunity to get a kill on an ejecting Pilot. We understand some players have already completed the challenge, or have already earned more than the new requirement so we will be internally noting those players so we can recognize their accomplishments in a future game update.

40mm magazine capacity for default and Extended Mag – The default magazine size was making the 40mm too powerful. It is intended to be the only weapon that can take a Titan down without reloading, if used skillfully. However, 20 rounds per magazine were proving to be too high and overly tolerant of indiscriminate fire. We’ve reduced it to 12 rounds per magazine, which still allows players to take a Titan down without reloading, but helps balance it out against other Titan weapons. The extended mag has also been dropped from 25 to 16, with the same design principles applying to this change.

Titan Quad Rocket mag size change – During development, there was a time when the Quad Rocket was too powerful. We made a lot of changes to pull it back before shipping (lessened the screen shake impact, lessened the duration of the first person impact FX, lowered the magazine size, pulled the damage back, etc.) It currently can struggle against other Titan weapons and going back to the 5/6 (default/extended mag) magazine sizes helps balance the weapon and allows players to miss a few shots and still be effective. It was 4/5, now its 5/6.

Titan Quad Rocket damage vs Titan shields – It was taking too long to drop a Titans shields with the Quad Rocket (5 shots). This meant you had to reload before you could even drop an enemy Titan’s shields. This was the only Titan weapon that had this issue. We’ve now upped the damage against Titan shields so that it can drop a shield with 4 shots. Combined with the increased mag size, this damage increase effectively gives you one more volley in the mag to deal serious direct hull damage.

Titan Quad Rocket 'Rapid Fire' Mod's mag size change – We upped the magazine size for the Quad Rocket's Rapid Fire Mod to help it compete with the changes made to the extended magazine (from 5 to 6). The Rapid Fire Mod’s magazine size is going up from 16 to 18.

Amped Kraber Titan damage change – We upped the damage that the Amped Kraber Burn Card does to Titans. It is now the only significantly effective “small arms” weapon against Titans. Note that this only applies to the Amped version of the Kraber. The damage goes up from 100 to 800. We added this to give the Kraber Burn Card a little bit more character, as well as to give you something to shoot if you have a hard time hitting those little Pilots with the Kraber. So snipe away at those Titans…before they kill you!

Hardpoint Domination scoring changes – We wanted to reward and encourage players to go out and capture enemy hardpoints. As important as defending a hardpoint is, capturing them is more important and a tougher task, generally speaking. We did not want to completely remove points for defending, but attacking players were getting too little credit for their efforts. Here is a breakdown of the changes:
• Capturing a hardpoint from 150 to 250
• Assisting in capturing a hardpoint from 75 to 100
• Neutralizing a hardpoint from 50 to 150
• Assisting in neutralizing a hardpoint from 25 to 75
• Killing a player inside an enemy hardpoint from outside (nearby) from 75 to 50
• Killing a player inside an enemy hardpoint from outside (far) from 75 to 50
• Killing a player inside an enemy hardpoint from inside the hardpoint from 75 to 50
• Killing an NPC inside an enemy hardpoint from inside the hardpoint from 25 to 10
• Killing a player outside of a friendly hardpoint whilst inside of a hardpoint from 75 to 50
• Killing a player inside of a friendly hardpoint whilst inside of a hardpoint from 75 to 50
• Killing an NPC outside of a friendly hardpoint whilst inside of a hardpoint from 25 to 10
• Killing an NPC inside of a friendly hardpoint whilst inside of a hardpoint from 25 to 10
• Defending a hardpoint now goes from 75 to 25

CTF scoring changes – We wanted to make sure the big payoff in CTF came from capturing the flag. Killing the carrier and then returning the flag was worth 400 points (combined), while capturing the flag was worth 500 points in comparison. These changes are meant to reward players who capture the flag a bit more than those who kill the carrier and return the flag. Defense is still a very important aspect of CTF so we wanted to make sure to keep defending points high enough to still encourage playing defense. Here is a breakdown of the changes:
• Capturing a flag from 500 to 400
• Returning the flag from 250 to 100
• Killing the flag carrier from 150 to 100

BUG FIXES (All Platforms)

• Fixed an issue where a Titan firing ordnance would not show on the minimap correctly.
• Fixed a rare bug with Pilot health pools that would make them virtually invincible.
• Fixed rare cases where Titans could be called in through solid geometry.
• Titan shields now protect friendly rodeo players from explosion damage (such as from an Arc Cannon).
• Fixed a case where a Pilot could embark a Titan through walls.
• Spitfire LMG and XO-16 firing sounds will no longer sometimes cut off before the gun is finished firing.
• The Archer now locks onto the top of a heavy turret rather than the base of the turret.
• The Archer’s rockets now home in on Titans correctly when those targets are kneeling.
• Fixed shadows incorrectly shimmering on a particular area of Lagoon.
• Fixed Satchel Charges and Particle Walls causing pilots to permanently rodeo other pilots.
• Fixed certain characters not rendering properly in French and other languages.
• Fixed an issue where "Initializing..." would be displayed if a server wasn't found.
• Fixed being unable to scroll to the top of the datacenter list after scrolling down.
• Greatly reduced the bandwidth used when connecting to a server. People who previously could not progress past the load-screen when connecting to servers should be able to play now.
• Grunts now show up on the minimap when they shoot.

BUG FIXES (PC)

• Fixed issues with Asian fonts.
• ‘-nojoy’ command-line parameter now disables gamepad input.
• All anti-aliasing modes should now properly be displayed in the video settings menu.
• Fixed graphics corruption and some GPU underutilization for SLI and Crossfire configurations.
• Fixed a crash in the options menu when toggling between Low and Medium shadows.
• Mouse buttons can now be used for voice chat in lobbies.
• Titanfall will no longer override your Windows microphone volume setting when it is launched.
• Fixed the Smart Pistol reticle so it scales properly based on the Field of View setting.
• Fixed crashes on machines with 32 or more cores.

BUG FIXES (Xbox One)

• Fixed a rare full-screen blue/red flash.
• Audio should no longer overlap after going to the Xbox dashboard and back into Titanfall.
• Fixed a crash when saying "Xbox go back" on certain menus.

COMING SOON IN FUTURE UPDATE

A selection of improvements that will be released in an upcoming update:

• More Custom Loadout Slots with Custom Slots per Game Mode
• Ability to rename Custom Loadout Slots
• Last Game Summary shows the scoreboard from the previous match
• Additional customization options in Private Match
• Better 120hz monitor support
• Pick-up prompt for dropped Amped weapons appear in a different color than for normal weapons

• Enhanced interaction with Challenges. You will be able to review your Challenges by the following criteria:
o Completed (in your previous match)
o Most progressed (in your previous match)
o Almost completed (overall)

• Scoreboard icons will reflect 3 new states:
o Player Evacuated
o Player Dead with Auto-Titan Still Alive
o Player Alive with Auto-Titan Still Alive

And more…stay tuned!

JBHuskers
04-10-2014, 01:04 PM
I haven't played for a week. Been so damn busy. I'll fix that tomorrow :nod: maybe even late late tonight as I'm off tomorrow.

AustinWolv
04-10-2014, 01:55 PM
• More Custom Loadout Slots with Custom Slots per Game Mode
• Ability to rename Custom Loadout Slots
I like that.

JBHuskers
04-10-2014, 02:16 PM
Regarding the Gooser "we went a bit too far with this challenge".

Trust me, we heard it from IoU :D

I OU a Beatn
04-10-2014, 03:00 PM
Honestly, it's really not that bad. The first 19 took me probably 15 hours. Once I figured out the best way to do it, I did the last 31 in maybe 5 hours. I do think 50 is way over the top, though, simply because it's not a situation that occurs all that often. The vast majority of people go invisible when they eject, which makes it damn near impossible to pick them off while they're still in the air.

Oh well, I'm done with it so I don't care how many they make the requirement for. :D

On another note, I've already put up 12,000+ kills, something I haven't done in a FPS since Modern Warfare 2 or MAG, can't remember which came last. I hit 20,000 kills in both of those, and I'm quite sure I'll have no problem hitting that number in Titanfall. I'm almost done with the 7th generation and I'm not even close to being burned out on it. Absolutely amazing game. I really hope the sequel comes to PS4 so more people can enjoy it. It's better than Call of Duty in every conceivable way and I feel like every one deserves a chance to experience it.

JBHuskers
04-10-2014, 04:07 PM
Can you go back to Gen 1 after finishing 10 and do it all over again?

I OU a Beatn
04-12-2014, 05:16 PM
Respawn Entertainment unveiled the next batch of Titanfall DLC today at PAX East.

Titled Titanfall Expedition, the DLC will arrive in May with three maps that take place after Titanfall's campaign.

The promo picture below shows a sneak peak at a map called "Swampland." One main feature of the map is the large number of trees which allow you to wall run in crazy, unpredictable paths. The second map, Runoff, is loosely connected to Swampland. According to the developers, "it has a lot of pipes and water." War Games, the last map, takes place within the area titan pilots train in.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2014/04/exp1-610x915.jpg

Respawn is also adding the ability to customize titans with decals -- an often-requested feature from fans. Also, you'll be able to meet up with new Titanfall players by using identical hash tags.

"It's supposed to span beyond just gaming sites," Respawn said at its PAX East panel. "You don't have to trade gamertags and make parties and be online at the same time. It's not a way to boost. It's a way to coordinate so you can choose your teammates."

A recent patch added the Private Match mode, allowing you to play with and against your friends either casually or in tournaments. It also colors party members differently so it's easier to know where they are in the game.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/12/titanfall-expedition-dlc-coming-in-may

Ah yeah!

GatorfanStovy
04-12-2014, 06:19 PM
Looks awesome I can't wait!

I OU a Beatn
04-12-2014, 06:27 PM
Also coming soon:

Titan customization, titan burn cards, Last Titan Standing 2 vs. 2, rankings, and experimental play lists.

I'm sure more info will come throughout the day as well.

AustinWolv
04-14-2014, 11:00 AM
Shot a major match over the weekend so didn't have any time (or energy) at night to play, but excited to get some free time to get some time in!

JBHuskers
04-14-2014, 01:59 PM
I played Capture The Flag the other night for the first time. I thought it wasn't too bad.

I OU a Beatn
04-14-2014, 02:08 PM
The 8th generation challenges are a little stupid, IMO. I've played 15 games on this generation, won 14 of them, am already level 38 in the generation because of the massive XP multiplier, and I still have to win 86 more matches? Honestly, after generation 3, I don't know why they bother with XP because you'll easily hit 50 way before you complete all the challenges in those generations. I'll be on this generation forever. Maybe I'll work towards the unlock everything achievement.

JBHuskers
04-16-2014, 02:01 PM
Respawn to increase frequency of Titanfall updates (http://www.joystiq.com/2014/04/15/respawn-to-increase-frequency-of-titanfall-updates/)

I OU a Beatn
04-16-2014, 02:27 PM
I really hope they don't screw with stuff just to screw with it like so many developers in the past have done. Thankfully, I think they're smart enough to realize everything is already pretty well perfectly balanced and they don't need to go messing with stuff. Add features that add to the experience, get the post launch maps completed, maybe add a few generation levels, and then leave it alone. Burn cards, clans, ability to vote on maps, etc... are all things they could add without messing with the balance of the game as well.

Also, PLEASE give me a horde mode versus those bad ass creatures. I'll plop down $20 for that alone. No shit.

AustinWolv
04-16-2014, 02:28 PM
ability to vote on maps
I kind of like that it isn't included. Play all the damn maps, not just your favorites or the one you've memorized and do well on.

SmoothPancakes
04-16-2014, 02:51 PM
I really hope they don't screw with stuff just to screw with it like so many developers in the past have done. Thankfully, I think they're smart enough to realize everything is already pretty well perfectly balanced and they don't need to go messing with stuff. Add features that add to the experience, get the post launch maps completed, maybe add a few generation levels, and then leave it alone. Burn cards, clans, ability to vote on maps, etc... are all things they could add without messing with the balance of the game as well.

Also, PLEASE give me a horde mode versus those bad ass creatures. I'll plop down $20 for that alone. No shit.

And stay away from the COD shit and please ignore those requesting COD shit. I shit you not, this is an actual suggestion someone posted yesterday on Titanfall's Facebook page.

We need more guns, gun and titan customisation, more game modes, more generation levels (keeping the generate challenges) score streak awards like a care pakage etc

:fp: If you want score streaks and care packages, go play COD. Stop trying to turn Titanfall into a fucking COD carbon copy. :fp:

I kind of like that it isn't included. Play all the damn maps, not just your favorites or the one you've memorized and do well on.

I actually agree with you on that. That was one thing I always hated with map voting, everyone ALWAYS picked certain maps.

Some games, I would end up in games on the same map three or four times in a row (when they didn't actually have a consecutive game limit for a certain map), or the majority would vote a certain map, replay it, vote another very popular map, replay it, and if it came back up as an option, go right back to the first map. People find certain maps and that's all they ever want to play.

With not having a vote, I've actually gotten to play on, I think, almost all, if not all, maps in the game. And not having voting will help a LOT when it comes to attempting the all maps on all game modes achievement.

AustinWolv
04-16-2014, 04:19 PM
If you want score streaks and care packages, go play COD.
QFT.

lso, PLEASE give me a horde mode versus those bad ass creatures. I'll plop down $20 for that alone. No shit.
I'd be interested in that.
Perhaps also a co-op mode against adaptive AI also, AI that uses real MP data and counters to what you are doing.......

JBHuskers
04-17-2014, 10:27 PM
Anyone around?

CLW
04-22-2014, 06:24 AM
TF is Amazon's "Deal of the Day" $36.99

bdoughty
04-24-2014, 07:12 PM
War Games Map detailed

http://www.titanfall.com/news/expedition-war-games

I OU a Beatn
04-24-2014, 08:01 PM
Wall running on trees sounds pretty sweet. I'll throw a fit if one of these 3 map packs don't contain a few snow maps.

bdoughty
04-24-2014, 08:17 PM
I'll throw a fit if one of these 3 map packs don't contain a few snow maps.

I will be right there with you. Love anything snow related in games.

bdoughty
05-02-2014, 06:49 PM
TITANFALL: EXPEDITION – RUNOFF (http://www.titanfall.com/news/titanfall-expedition-runoff?sf25730747=1)

JBHuskers
05-02-2014, 07:00 PM
Been busy, it's been a couple weeks since I've played.

bdoughty
05-08-2014, 07:11 PM
Swampland map detailed

http://www.titanfall.com/news/titanfall-expedition-swampland

AustinWolv
05-12-2014, 12:21 PM
Stupid real life, I want more time to play Titanfall.

JBHuskers
05-12-2014, 02:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efQMqWPw884

JBHuskers
05-12-2014, 02:54 PM
Looks f'n awesome.

bdoughty
05-12-2014, 03:40 PM
Looks f'n awesome.

Really looking forward to Swampland and Wargames. I wish they would implement the ability to vote on maps. I swear if I have to play Airbase and Training Grounds much more... :bang: Also my two favorite maps, "Colony and Angel City" rarely ever come up for me.

bdoughty
05-12-2014, 03:42 PM
Just throwing this out there, we have 4 or 5 people who have Titanfall. We should get try to get some Private matches in sometime. I would like to at least try it out.

JBHuskers
05-12-2014, 04:21 PM
Really looking forward to Swampland and Wargames. I wish they would implement the ability to vote on maps. I swear if I have to play Airbase and Training Grounds much more... :bang: Also my two favorite maps, "Colony and Angel City" rarely ever come up for me.

Yeah the other map looks a lot like the others, so it'll depend on the layout to see if it stands out.

JBHuskers
05-12-2014, 04:21 PM
Just throwing this out there, we have 4 or 5 people who have Titanfall. We should get try to get some Private matches in sometime. I would like to at least try it out.

Everyone on here claims to want to play online, but when I'm on, no one is playing :D

bdoughty
05-12-2014, 04:30 PM
I always see IOU online playing Titanfall at the same time but he won't play with me. :D I am just a lowly Gen 3.

JBHuskers
05-12-2014, 04:34 PM
I always see IOU online playing Titanfall at the same time but he won't play with me. :D I am just a lowly Gen 3.

Oh I thought you had XB1

bdoughty
05-12-2014, 04:41 PM
Oh I thought you had XB1

I meant the chip. ;)

http://i.imgur.com/xGs6K40.png

JBHuskers
05-12-2014, 04:51 PM
I meant the chip. ;)

http://i.imgur.com/xGs6K40.png

:D

I was going to say.

Hell I'm still Gen 1.

bdoughty
05-12-2014, 04:54 PM
I am staying Gen 3. I want nothing to do with the Plasma Rifle. I prefer to enjoy my gaming time.

JBHuskers
05-12-2014, 05:05 PM
Who knows if I will get that far :D I'll decide once I get there.

I OU a Beatn
05-12-2014, 06:24 PM

I'm on mostly every night for a couple hours playing with a buddy of mine. You can feel free to hop into my game or send me a message and I'll be sure to get you an invite. I rarely ever check my friend's list, so I never have any idea who's on, which is why I never send anyone invites. If I get a message, I'll definitely send one out.

bdoughty
05-12-2014, 08:23 PM
The full list, update 3!

http://www.titanfall.com/game-update-three

A few thing I found noteworthy.

BUG FIXES (Xbox One)

Players will no longer have a microphone icon if they do not have a headset plugged in.

New chat icon - Added an icon to the scoreboard and lobby screens to show when a player is in Xbox party chat and therefore not part of the game voice chat.

Players are now rewarded win/loss credit at the moment of Victory/Defeat, rather than after the post-game scoreboard period. You also now receive a loss if you leave a match before a winner is determined. Previously you received neither a win nor a loss if you quit before the post-game scoreboard.

Improved next game map and mode selection, so the chance of replaying the same map or mode as the last game should be very rare.

Further reduced the bandwidth used when connecting to a server, for improved load times.

AustinWolv
05-13-2014, 09:45 PM
I rarely ever check my friend's list, so I never have any idea who's on, which is why I never send anyone invites.
:+1:

That is one thing that they still need to make better on Xb1 compared to 360. Friend GUI and ease of use much better on 360 IMO.

Anyway, I *want* to be on playing and would jump into games with you guys, just haven't had time to sit down to play. Been on business calls a bit too much at night so I fire up Forza during the call to burn time. A little harder to do stuff in a FPS like Titanfall while supposedly paying attention on a biz call.

SmoothPancakes
05-13-2014, 10:22 PM
Yeah, I've hardly been on lately. With everything going on at home right now, I just haven't had much time to spend on my Xbox One. In fact, I don't think I've even turned my One on in probably two weeks. That, and I've been on sort of an NCAA kick lately, so any free time I get to actually fire up some games, I've been jumping on my 360 and trying to get some games played in my NCAA dynasty.

JBHuskers
05-14-2014, 12:22 AM
Played for about an hour. Got up to level 31. I still suck :D have a hard time recognizing enemies quick enough.

JBHuskers
05-14-2014, 02:24 PM
THURSDAY!

Mech plans: Titanfall gets 'Expedition' DLC this week (http://www.joystiq.com/2014/05/14/mech-plans-titanfall-gets-expedition-dlc-this-week/)

I OU a Beatn
05-14-2014, 02:55 PM
Perfect timing, too. Just hit 10th generation level 50, so I'm all done leveling. I'm currently trying to unlock all attachments for all the weapons for the achievement, and then I can play this game however the hell I want.

bdoughty
05-14-2014, 05:30 PM
Great to hear. I have the Season Pass but it won't install for me (just keeps going back to -ready to install-). Hopefully it won't be an issue when it arrives.

AustinWolv
05-15-2014, 11:42 AM
I'm currently trying to unlock all attachments for all the weapons for the achievement

Got that one already. :)

Not all that interested in gen'ing up anymore.

Coach Kernzy
05-16-2014, 02:07 PM
I just picked this up for 360 last night and had to literally force myself to stop playing at 3 this morning.
Anyone here on 360 send me a friend request, would love to play some Titanfall with folks from around here.

I OU a Beatn
05-17-2014, 08:25 PM
Gen 10 level 50 and now all weapons, attachments, and mods unlocked. With nothing else to do, I guess I can finally stick to my Carbine and my Stryder + Chaingun combo that I love so much. Took over 22,000 kills and 120+ hours of game play to get it all done, and I'm still not bored of it. The yuppies that say this game has no content seriously shouldn't be allowed to play games.

JBHuskers
05-20-2014, 05:48 PM
Am I blind, or is there not a way to play Hardpoint only on the Expedition maps?

bdoughty
05-20-2014, 06:16 PM
Am I blind, or is there not a way to play Hardpoint only on the Expedition maps?

Nope, only way to play it is in the variety pack for Expedition. Fortunately they added a Expedition Attrition option, so if the #'s are there it could be added in the future.

I OU a Beatn
05-20-2014, 07:53 PM
Played one round on the swamp map and haven't gone back into the Expedition playlists. If someone told me that map was ripped directly out of a Modern Warfare game, I would believe them. Just fucking awful design. Nothing but an absolute camp fest.

I'm just hoping that's an anomaly and not something to expect from now on.

JBHuskers
05-20-2014, 11:03 PM
I've played CTF and HPD on Swampland with little camping.

bdoughty
05-21-2014, 07:19 AM
I have noticed a few things lately. Matchmaking is getting annoying as of late. I do not mind playing higher gen opponents, what I dislike is how long it takes to get into the game. Especially in the scenario where the other team is removed after a match due to a large margin of victory/defeat.

Seeing more people going auto-titan. Makes little sense to me as they are easy prey and it's an easy Titan kill. Guess they are trying to defend against the Rodeo and the Satchel going off as you try to exit a Titan. I have played against guys that run around all game doing that crap. If it were me I would take Rodeoing out of the game and make the Anti-Titan weapons a little more powerful instead.

Respawn screwed the pooch by not offering the campaign in a single player mode against bots. Something that allows people to practice with another tier or two of bot difficulty. It is not like they would have to change anything dramatically and the "story" was already there. The longer the game is out, the harder it will be for someone new to the game to complete it with less people to play with in that mode.

The sound is still broken. It is rare to hear people talk, the mics and controllers I have will not produce voice in this game. Both controllers and headsets are updated and work just fine in Peggle 2.

JBHuskers
05-21-2014, 10:05 AM
What is your anti-Titan weapon of choice? I just unlocked the charge thingy, and IMO it doesn't work that well.

Also when rodeo'ing a Titan, can you place a grenade? Or just your primary gun?

I OU a Beatn
05-21-2014, 12:59 PM
I have noticed a few things lately. Matchmaking is getting annoying as of late. I do not mind playing higher gen opponents, what I dislike is how long it takes to get into the game. Especially in the scenario where the other team is removed after a match due to a large margin of victory/defeat.

Seeing more people going auto-titan. Makes little sense to me as they are easy prey and it's an easy Titan kill. Guess they are trying to defend against the Rodeo and the Satchel going off as you try to exit a Titan. I have played against guys that run around all game doing that crap. If it were me I would take Rodeoing out of the game and make the Anti-Titan weapons a little more powerful instead.

Respawn screwed the pooch by not offering the campaign in a single player mode against bots. Something that allows people to practice with another tier or two of bot difficulty. It is not like they would have to change anything dramatically and the "story" was already there. The longer the game is out, the harder it will be for someone new to the game to complete it with less people to play with in that mode.

The sound is still broken. It is rare to hear people talk, the mics and controllers I have will not produce voice in this game. Both controllers and headsets are updated and work just fine in Peggle 2.

The matchmaking is unbearable. It takes absolutely forever and 90% of the time the teams are so unmatched it's not even fun. Correcting this should be priority #1.

Yeah, people going auto titan is definitely becoming more of a trend. Unfortunately for them, it's a stupid one. I've basically seen people using 1 of 2 tactics:

1. They go auto titan and while you're engaging the auto titan, they'll be near by trying to take you out with an anti-titan weapon. I'm to the point now where I'll just focus on killing the pilot and then going ahead and taking out the auto titan. This probably has something to do with people trying to land critical hits or doom titans with certain anti-titan weapons for the regeneration challenges.

2. They go auto titan and try to rodeo you, place a couple satchel charges, wait until you get out, and then blow your ass up for an easy kill, only to finish off the auto titan after they're done with you. I've always had electric smoke, but people have started getting smarter and jumping off, hiding, and then jumping back on while my electric smoke is charging. This is when they used to get me with satchel charges, because then I'd have no choice but to bail out. I'm to the point now where when that situation happens, I'll either fire a cluster missile at the ground/wall and turn my back to it so that it kills the guy rodeoing me, or if those are charging, I'll just stay in until they doom me and kill them in the air.

I think the sound is fine. People just rarely talk in this game for some reason.

What is your anti-Titan weapon of choice? I just unlocked the charge thingy, and IMO it doesn't work that well.

Also when rodeo'ing a Titan, can you place a grenade? Or just your primary gun?

Honestly, they all suck. They all have their strengths and weaknesses, but the anti-titan weapons just aren't that good. I think they're best used when a couple of titans are engaging each other and you have the chance to help your teammate out. Other than that situation, I rarely even use them.

You can place satchel charges on them, not grenades. Make sure you get off and away from it before you blow it, though, they've got some nasty range to them. A popular tactic online is to rodeo a guy, throw a couple satchel charges on him, wait until he hops out, jump off, and blow it for an easy pilot kill.

You can also use the charge rifle with a rodeo. All the other anti-titan weapons kill you if used while doing a rodeo. The Spitfire + Slammer combo is BY FAR the most effective rodeo gun. It'll take down an Atlas in like 3 or 4 seconds.

JBHuskers
05-21-2014, 01:17 PM
I've had the best luck with the homing anti-Titan weapon.

I use satchel charges anyways so that's good.

bdoughty
05-21-2014, 03:45 PM

I now only use the sidewinder. Let two Titans get in a fight, wait until the enemy Titan is drained 3/4 of the way and start blasting. Very good chance you will get the Titan kill.

JBHuskers
05-23-2014, 12:46 AM
Love how they have trophy icons for campaign.

bdoughty
05-23-2014, 04:05 PM
http://www.titanfall.com/news/ctf-matchmaking-update-pc-and-xbox-one

Have yet to read it but it looks to go into serious detail on matchmaking.

bdoughty
06-11-2014, 05:03 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/11/titanfall-june-update-introduces-two-new-modes

Titanfall June Update Introduces Two New Modes and more...

JBHuskers
06-11-2014, 05:05 PM
Marked for Death sounds cool. I'm just not into the Last Titan Standing mode.

AustinWolv
06-12-2014, 09:03 AM
Not overly interested in the 2v2 LTS mode, but Marked for Death sounds crazy. Nice mode addition there that should increase tension. Just wish I had time to play. :(