06-02-2011, 09:34 AM
:easy: :whistle:

Nothingface
06-02-2011, 09:36 AM
maybe i dont miss the ps3 afterall.

JBHuskers
06-02-2011, 02:03 PM
From the PS Twitter account:

Due to high network traffic, downloads from PS Store / voucher code redemption may take several tries. Thank you for your patience.

Kwizzy
06-02-2011, 02:06 PM
So is there any trick to getting the 2 free games or do I just go on and download them?

JBHuskers
06-02-2011, 02:16 PM
So is there any trick to getting the 2 free games or do I just go on and download them?

I'm thinking that's not quite available yet. I bet there will be a special section for it.

Kwizzy
06-02-2011, 02:23 PM
I'm thinking that's not quite available yet. I bet there will be a special section for it.

Oh, well to hell with the PS STORE then! :D

CLW
06-02-2011, 03:05 PM
Damn it I want some free games! :nod:

psusnoop
06-03-2011, 07:41 AM
Sony hacked again :smh:

http://newyork.ibtimes.com/articles/156943/20110603/sony-hacked-again-1-million-passwords-not-encrypted.htm

Sony hacked again, over 1 million passwords were unencrypted

June 3, 2011 7:21 AM EDT

By now, it is obvious that Sony has made quite a few enemies among the security experts. LulzSec, a hacker group known for its claim of successful attacks on PBS and Fox.com, successfully hacked into Sony on Thursday, compromising account information of Sony's 1 million customers.

Due to an earlier massive breach on Sony's PlayStation Network in April, which compromised account information of 77 million users of Sony's PlayStation Network, and another 25 million at Sony Online Entertainment, Sony was forced to deactivate the network.

On the same day Sony finally managed to re-activate the PlayStation Store and provide full PSN service, LulzSec announced its successful breach of servers at Sony Pictures and Sony BMG.

To underscore the point that Sony is unable to keep intruders out of its network, Lilzsec posted the stolen data, which included names, birthdays, addresses, emails, phone numbers and passwords of users who had registered for Sony's competitions run by its Picture Entertainment Website.

LulzSec claimed to have accessed the data using a simple SQL injection vulnerability.

"From a single injection, we accessed EVERYTHING. Why do you put such faith in a company that allows itself to become open to these simple attacks?" The group said in a statement. "What's worse is that every bit of data we took wasn't encrypted. Sony stored over 1,000,000 passwords of its customers in plaintext, which means it's just a matter of taking it. This is disgraceful and insecure: they were asking for it."

Sony said it was aware of LulzSec's statement and was investigating.

CLW
06-03-2011, 08:40 AM
I'm getting SICK of these thugs/hackers that are living in mommy's basement stealing people's identity/private/personal info. Perhaps a new criminal law is in order with punishment = mandatory execution/death penalty is in order for those caught hacking/stealing private/sensative/personal information.

No I am not kidding. These [censored] need to die!

JBHuskers
06-03-2011, 09:15 AM
I'm not buying this. I think they just want attention. Until I see Sony officially say they were again, I am not going to believe it. I haven't seen anyone else publish this either. And I have never heard of this site.....so I just am not buying it yet.

gschwendt
06-03-2011, 09:23 AM
I'm not buying this. I think they just want attention. Until I see Sony officially say they were again, I am not going to believe it. I haven't seen anyone else publish this either. And I have never heard of this site.....so I just am not buying it yet.Engadget posted it and also downloaded the list of accounts themselves and verified it.
http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/02/sony-pictures-hacked-by-lulz-security-1-000-000-passwords-claim/

JBHuskers
06-03-2011, 09:28 AM
though it remains unclear if what's published matches reality

psusnoop
06-03-2011, 11:54 AM
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/03/welcome-back/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=WelcomeBack_060311

Welcome back packages

JBHuskers
06-03-2011, 11:57 AM
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/03/welcome-back/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=WelcomeBack_060311

Welcome back packages

I'm sure this will ruffle some feathers...

Q: Do I get to keep the games in PlayStation Plus forever?
A: Content that is free in PlayStation Plus will not be available after your PlayStation Plus time has expired. However, if you decide to join PlayStation Plus, you’ll have access to all of the content you downloaded during your 30 day access for as long as you are a subscriber.

JBHuskers
06-03-2011, 11:57 AM
Just sucks that I already have all five games.

psusnoop
06-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Just sucks that I already have all five games.

That does suck, since you have had all 5 what 2 would you suggest for someone like myself that doesn't have any of them.

gschwendt
06-03-2011, 12:01 PM
That does suck, since you have had all 5 what 2 would you suggest for someone like myself that doesn't have any of them.
Infamous and Dead Nation. LBP if you have kids that want to play. Infamous should be at the top of everyone's list though.

I OU a Beatn
06-03-2011, 12:12 PM
Dead Nation is one of the best downloadable games I've ever played, so it's a definite. inFAMOUS is an awesome super hero open world game, and if you're even remotely interested in inFAMOUS 2, it should be the other one. LBP is a really fun platformer, so if you're into that or like G said, have kids, that's a good choice, too. Wipeout and Super Stardust should only be in consideration if you have everything else.

Unfortunately, I have all 5 as well, so boo.

CLW
06-03-2011, 12:15 PM
So.... I only get these games for two months and then they vanish? Sounds like I better focus on them for trophy whoring before Sony takes them away! :nod:

gschwendt
06-03-2011, 12:16 PM
So.... I only get these games for two months and then they vanish? Sounds like I better focus on them for trophy whoring before Sony takes them away! :nod:
No, I'm fairly sure that these games you get permanently... it's the ones that you get while you're part of the Playstation Plus subscription that you don't get to keep permanently.

CLW
06-03-2011, 12:17 PM
No, I'm fairly sure that these games you get permanently... it's the ones that you get while you're part of the Playstation Plus subscription that you don't get to keep permanently.

Gotcha! Moreover, as I read the actual article it DEFINITELY states that the PS3 games are "yours to keep" (or something very close to those lines)

souljahbill
06-03-2011, 12:18 PM

No, the Welcome Back games are yours forever. The PS+ games are only playable while you have a subscription. Any game you buy with a discount is yours forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psusnoop
06-03-2011, 12:18 PM
Thanks, I'll grab these tonight.

souljahbill
06-03-2011, 12:19 PM
I'm getting Infamous (even though I hated the demo) and LBP (even though I owned it once and traded it in for not being fun).

HuskerBlitz
06-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Nevermind. New page fail.

Kwizzy
06-03-2011, 03:44 PM
Well this is bullshit, I tried to download my free games. selected free PS3 game 1, it gives me an error & Free PS3 game 1 disappears. Same thing happened with free PS3 game 2. I guess I don't get any free stuff now because their service sucks huh?

gschwendt
06-03-2011, 03:52 PM
Well this is bullshit, I tried to download my free games. selected free PS3 game 1, it gives me an error & Free PS3 game 1 disappears. Same thing happened with free PS3 game 2. I guess I don't get any free stuff now because their service sucks huh?

If this happened, go to the XMB and under the PlayStation Network column, go to Account Management>Transaction Management>Services List>SCEA Promotions to download the game for that first slot.

Kwizzy
06-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Nice, thanks, trying that now.

CLW
06-03-2011, 05:37 PM
So.... I went to get my 2 free games I select PS3 Game 1 and the PS3 locks up so I have to shut it off. I go back and now that option is gone and I select PS3 Game 2 same thing. Looks like I am going to get ZERO free games. :smh:

EDIT: FYI - I tried the above suggested solution and I get Error message 80710D36

ram29jackson
06-03-2011, 06:11 PM
i'm putiing my ps3 on top of a book now to give air space to the vents- I read that on some ps3 site ....

I OU a Beatn
06-03-2011, 06:53 PM
EDIT: FYI - I tried the above suggested solution and I get Error message 80710D36

You just have to keep trying until it lets you through.

JBHuskers
06-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Yeah you're getting the error message due to high traffic. Give it a couple days if you keep getting the error.

Kingpin32
06-03-2011, 10:39 PM
How long do you have to download the games?

DariusLock
06-04-2011, 12:27 AM
How long do you have to download the games?

Infamous says 200+ mins for me and I'm on DSL from AT&T.

Edit: If you're talking about time frame, I think it's infinite as long as you were subscribed before 4/20/11.

I OU a Beatn
06-04-2011, 12:48 AM
July 2, 3, or 4th. Can't remember which, but it's one of those 3 days. You basically have one month.

JBHuskers
06-04-2011, 01:07 AM
Probably not going to work, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I e-mailed Sony, stated I'm a PS+ member and etc. Was affected by the outage with MLB.TV. Said I have all five of those games already, and if there is an alternative I can get.

I OU a Beatn
06-04-2011, 01:11 AM
Let me know if it works out for you. I have all 5 as well.

Kingpin32
06-04-2011, 10:15 AM
July 2, 3, or 4th. Can't remember which, but it's one of those 3 days. You basically have one month.

Damn well I may not be getting them then. My PS3 is in Dallas and I'm in Louisiana.

jaymo76
06-04-2011, 11:21 AM
Still no luck logging on. Too much traffic I guess. Man I want the full version of Infamous.

I OU a Beatn
06-04-2011, 11:24 AM
You've just got to keep trying. I've had to try 15+ times before to get in, but if you keep trying, it always lets you in.

CLW
06-04-2011, 11:45 AM
You've just got to keep trying. I've had to try 15+ times before to get in, but if you keep trying, it always lets you in.

Yeah you were right it took like 15 mins but I finally got the damn thing to work. Downloaded infamous last night and downloading that shooter game today.

steelerfan
06-04-2011, 11:57 AM
I got screwed and only got one game. It froze up on me when I tried to do the "Get Now" and when I went back in, it took the option away as though I downloaded something. I probably should try to call them, but I'm feeling lazy, lol.

skipwondah33
06-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Ah for some reason inFamous wasn't on my list of games when I looked lastnight. Only ones I had were Stardust, LBP, Wipeout and Dead Nation.

gschwendt
06-04-2011, 12:02 PM
I got screwed and only got one game. It froze up on me when I tried to do the "Get Now" and when I went back in, it took the option away as though I downloaded something. I probably should try to call them, but I'm feeling lazy, lol.

If this happened, go to the XMB and under the PlayStation Network column, go to Account Management>Transaction Management>Services List>SCEA Promotions to download the game for that first slot.

steelerfan
06-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Thanks Tommy. Like I said, I was feeling lazy. So lazy, I didn't even read this thread. :D

JBHuskers
06-04-2011, 12:19 PM
Just constantly try three to five times and it usually kicks in.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DariusLock
06-04-2011, 12:27 PM
So I downloaded inFamous last night and have LBP going right now while inFamous is installing. One question, I have my best friends account info set up on my PS3 you guys think I could download 2 more games using that account lmao?

I OU a Beatn
06-04-2011, 12:36 PM
You could yesterday, I don't know if that fixed it yet or not.

DariusLock
06-04-2011, 12:50 PM
WOOHOO lol So I guess I'm gonna get the zombie game and wipeout hd also then haha. BALLIN!

jaymo76
06-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Finally starting downloading Infamous. I really don't know what I want for game two though???

DariusLock
06-04-2011, 06:17 PM
Finally starting downloading Infamous. I really don't know what I want for game two though???

If you got another account you can get all the games like me! Except for Stardust...blah.

Kingpin32
06-04-2011, 10:34 PM
If you got another account you can get all the games like me! Except for Stardust...blah.

I have like 3 accounts on my PS3. If only I brought it here with me.

DariusLock
06-04-2011, 11:21 PM
Wipeout hasn't been than fun to me. I'm hooked on Infamous and I'm pleased with my current list of games to hold me over to NCAA (Uncharted 2, L.A. Noire, inFamous). I'm really contemplating inFamous 2 and MLB The Show with the Best Buy deal haha...damn all these good games out right now!

I OU a Beatn
06-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Yeah, Wipeout sucks. LBP and inFAMOUS were the best choices, and if you had one of those, Dead Nation. SSHD is ok and Wipeout isn't very good, IMO.

steelerfan
06-05-2011, 11:04 AM
OK, I got iF and LBP. My daughter played a ton of LBP this weekend, I got it for her. It seems like a really well put together game, if you're into that sort of thing. iF was a waste, IMO. I thought I'd give it a shot, but BLEH. Not for me. Too comic-book-queer for my tastes, the character movement is awful, the voice acting is terrible, and the graphics are meh.

JeffHCross
06-05-2011, 12:33 PM
iF was a waste, IMO. I thought I'd give it a shot, but BLEH. Not for me. Too comic-book-queer for my tastes, the character movement is awful, the voice acting is terrible, and the graphics are meh.Well, if the trips to Orlando didn't have enough proof, this confirms it. You and I have completely, totally different tastes. :D inFamous might be my favorite PS3 exclusive besides the Ratchet games.

jaymo76
06-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Well, if the trips to Orlando didn't have enough proof, this confirms it. You and I have completely, totally different tastes. :D inFamous might be my favorite PS3 exclusive besides the Ratchet games.

Gentlemen... enough bickering. Okay I have decided I will go in one of your places for NCAA 13 feedback :) I'm doing this "sacrifice" for the good of the community lol

JeffHCross
06-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Well played, jaymo.

Iron Dragon
06-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Hmm, I get my new playstation tomorrow. And I have three PSN accounts, looks like someone's getting all five games.

JBHuskers
06-05-2011, 01:35 PM
OK, I got iF and LBP. My daughter played a ton of LBP this weekend, I got it for her. It seems like a really well put together game, if you're into that sort of thing. iF was a waste, IMO. I thought I'd give it a shot, but BLEH. Not for me. Too comic-book-queer for my tastes, the character movement is awful, the voice acting is terrible, and the graphics are meh.

"Comic book queer" :D

morsdraconis
06-05-2011, 02:11 PM

+1

Son-of-a-bitch, here we go again...

I OU a Beatn
06-05-2011, 02:19 PM
What do you mean "comic-book-queer"? Do you mean like the plot or the fact they used comic book style cutscenes?

I enjoyed it a lot, simply because there wasn't really a game like it before, but again, I am someone who can play just about anything and get enjoyment out of it. I wasn't a fan of the character movement, either, but I got used to it after awhile.

souljahbill
06-05-2011, 04:52 PM
I've downloaded inFamous but I haven't played it yet. Like I've said before, I wasn't impressed with the demo so I'm not "all in" on playing the full version like I should be. Plus, for some reason, I can't stop playing Mass Effect 2.

steelerfan
06-05-2011, 09:38 PM
What do you mean "comic-book-queer"? Do you mean like the plot or the fact they used comic book style cutscenes?

Well, the cutscenes don't help, but it's just the whole superhero thing, I guess. I'm just not 10 years old anymore and Superman, Spiderman, X-Men, Fantastic 4, etc just don't appeal to me.

I should've gone with that Asteroids rip-off. I don't like racing games and the DN demo didn't do it for me either. So, I took a stab at a game I figured I wouldn't like, and I was right.

steelerfan
06-05-2011, 09:39 PM
+1

Son-of-a-bitch, here we go again...

:fp:

gschwendt
06-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Three arrests made in connection with PSN hack (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/10/three-arrests-made-in-connection-with-psn-hack/)

http://playstationlifestyle.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Spain_Anonymous.jpg

JBHuskers
06-20-2011, 10:54 AM
New PS3 model announced. (http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/20/new_ps3_model/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

First word of a new "CECH-3000" model PlayStation 3 surfaced earlier this month. Now a retailer, claiming to have received a briefing on the new model from Sony, has passed along some details.

The CECH-3000B is an updated 320 gigabyte system. It cuts power consumption from 230W to 200W, and cuts weight from 3.0kg to 2.6kg. There are also some external changes to the power and eject buttons, along with the removal of LED lamps, although the retailer report isn't clear about the specifics for this area.

Pricing remains the same as the current model. The new version will be shipped to retailers once current stock runs out.

cdj
06-23-2011, 06:55 AM
FW 3.66 available.

We hope you're ready for improved system stability "during use of PS3 format software and network services," because that's what the just-announced PS3 firmware 3.66 is bringing -- and evidently nothing else of note -- likely any time now. PSN director Eric Lempel writes on the PlayStation Blog that this is a "minor update," though based on Sony's servers and your connection speed, it could be a less-than-minor interruption in your ability to play online.

Courtesy: Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/22/psa-ps3-firmware-3-66-incoming/)

JBHuskers
06-23-2011, 09:03 AM
Where's 4.0 with party chat?

psuexv
06-23-2011, 09:07 AM

:nod: Wish we had a rep button or whatever that's called that those guys were :deadhorse: in the feedback thread :D

SmoothPancakes
06-23-2011, 09:11 AM

It was a very, very late and delayed April Fool's joke by Sony. :P

:nod: Wish we had a rep button or whatever that's called that those guys were :deadhorse: in the feedback thread :D

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

JBHuskers
06-23-2011, 09:54 AM

Three of those :deadhorse: 's in a row looks like a bad S&M orgy.

psuexv
06-23-2011, 10:02 AM

Three of those :deadhorse: 's in a row looks like a bad S&M orgy.

LOL, it does kind of look like he's hitting that horse in the junk

steelerfan
06-23-2011, 10:13 AM
bad S&M orgy.

Leave mors and I out of it.

JBHuskers
06-23-2011, 10:20 AM
Leave mors and I out of it.

:D

morsdraconis
06-23-2011, 10:33 AM

cdj
08-06-2011, 12:38 PM
Courtesy Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/06/sony-replaces-resistance-3-with-motorstorm-apocalypse-in-3dtv-b/):

If you live in a dorm room, or an efficiency in Manhattan, or a tiny Harry Potter staircase closet, you were probably chuffed to bits when Sony announced their 24-inch PlayStation-branded 3DTV/Resistance 3 bundle during this year's E3. Now though, it looks like denizens of diminished domiciles will be doing a lot more wicked jumps, and lot less alien shooting.

Responding to inquiries regarding this Amazon listing, which shows Sony's PlayStation 3DTV bundled with MotorStorm: Apocalypse instead of Resistance 3, Insomniac Games confirmed the switch in a tweet, apologizing for any inconvenience. According to a statement made to Gamespot, MotorStorm: Apcalypse will also support the full-screen-but-also-split-screen functionality touted by Resistance 3, however no information about why the games were switched has been given as of yet.

steelerfan
08-07-2011, 05:37 AM
So yesterday, I downloaded 3 demos: Catherine, Galaga Legions, and Limbo.

I know that some of you have played Catherine. It has that comic-book-queerness to it (along with that annoying Japanese cartoon "moving still frame" effect). I felt like I was 10 years old watching Tranzor Z again. However, the gameplay and storyline might be enough to get me at the right price point.

Galaga Legions is, well, Galaga 2011. It was kinda fun to play and I may grab it. I have 2 buddies who are Galaga nerds so it would be good to play when they're around.

Limbo is fucking weird. I hadn't heard of it prior to downloading the demo. The game description is almost nothing and you get dropped right in to figure it out. I'm curious about this one, but I feel like it may be a game that is best if you don't know anything about it so I'm hesitant to look into it, lol. It may be really good or really bad. Anyone play it?

I OU a Beatn
08-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Limbo is a masterpiece. It's definitely worth a play through if you like platformers. It has tons of atmosphere and is about half creepy at times. It's also very unique.

Can't speak for the other two, but I thought Catherine looked *** as fuck, but I'd be lying if I said I really did a bunch of research on it.

JeffHCross
08-07-2011, 11:06 AM
I thought Catherine looked *** as fuck, but I'd be lying if I said I really did a bunch of research on it.85 from Gamespot, 90 from Destructoid and IGN, and 100 from 1UP.

I agree with you that it doesn't look like my type of game, necessarily, but it's hard to ignore those scores.

Galaga Legions is, well, Galaga 2011. It was kinda fun to play and I may grab it. I have 2 buddies who are Galaga nerds so it would be good to play when they're around.From what I heard, it sounded like it was a a pretty sizable departure from the original in terms of gameplay. Concept is the same (alien ships, shoot them), but it's time-based and your score is linked to your time. True? False?

gschwendt
08-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Yeah, I'm a huge Galaga fan (probably my favorite of all time) but I'm staying away from this version. It looks like nothing of the true Galaga and Joystiq's review (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/05/galaga-legions-dx-review/) made it sound even worse than it looks.

I'll stick to Beat Hazard for a Galaga meets Asteroids meets music... unfortunately it's not on PS3.

steelerfan
08-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Yeah, Jeff, your score on this new Galaga is time-based.

I'm not sure if that's a good thing, it was the one thing that I saw as a turn-off when considering buying it.

I have the original on a Namco dlc, but I never play it. I just wasn't ever into Galaga. This, I might play. I like the options with aiming and the smoothness of how it plays. I'll probably end up buying it one day when I'm bored.

Catherine, as I said, is only a game I'd consider at the right price.

It looks like I may give Limbo a look. Thanks, IOU.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

I OU a Beatn
08-07-2011, 11:38 AM
85 from Gamespot, 90 from Destructoid and IGN, and 100 from 1UP.

I agree with you that it doesn't look like my type of game, necessarily, but it's hard to ignore those scores.

Jeeze. I might have to take a look then. It looked a little too...I don't know...we'll use comic book queer...for my taste, but if all 3 of those reviewers liked it, it may be worth checking into. Is it a platformer?

steelerfan
08-07-2011, 11:54 AM
Jeeze. I might have to take a look then. It looked a little too...I don't know...we'll use comic book queer...for my taste, but if all 3 of those reviewers liked it, it may be worth checking into. Is it a platformer?

From the demo, in the dream sequences you climb 3 dimensional blocks while being hurried by a bigger-than-life monster who is destroying the blocks from under you. There is a sort of puzzle solving quality to it as sometimes the blocks have to be moved around for you to advance up them.

The rest of the game is kind of RPG, from what I could tell. I know there are consequences to the decisions you make that alter the story, but that's about all I can say.

JeffHCross
08-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Is it a platformer?I haven't played it yet, but based on the reviews I've read I'd characterize it as puzzle/platformer. It's a puzzle-game with platforming concepts -- I think. Like a platforming version of Tetris?

EDIT: Definitely more puzzle than platform. The only "platforming" aspects of it are the movement and that it has items. At least in the first stage. And, man, I haven't the slightest clue what I'm doing. I hope the retail game gives more of an idea of what you're supposed to do -- the demo sure doesn't help much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgSx5eTesus

cdj
08-07-2011, 01:05 PM
Limbo is pretty fun. Last week I played it for a couple hours straight and got just over halfway through. It's a fun puzzle game.

That Catherine game also has me perplexed. From the little I saw, I thought it looked odd and not my type of game at all - but all the great reviews have me somewhat intrigued.

JBHuskers
08-07-2011, 03:15 PM
I'm definitely getting Catherine sometime down the road. ABSOLUTELY loved Limbo when it came out last year in the Summer of Arcade, glad the PS3 players get to taste it too.

gschwendt
08-10-2011, 08:50 AM
I'll stick to Beat Hazard for a Galaga meets Asteroids meets music... unfortunately it's not on PS3.Well that didn't take long for them to hear my suggestion...

Beat Hazard Ultra coming to PSN in September (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/10/beat-hazard-ultra-coming-to-psn-in-september/)

Also
Playstation 3 Firmware 3.7 (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/09/ps3-firmware-3-7-brings-auto-cloud-saves-trophy-sync-for-ps-pl/)

JBHuskers
08-10-2011, 09:19 AM
Some nice updates on the firmware :up:

JBHuskers
08-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Well that didn't take long for them to hear my suggestion...

Beat Hazard Ultra coming to PSN in September (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/10/beat-hazard-ultra-coming-to-psn-in-september/)

The PSN update adds online play, in either competitive or cooperative modes, so you can subject a friend to a seventeen-minute "In-a-Gadda-da-Vida" gauntlet.

Haha that would be funny.

JBHuskers
08-11-2011, 12:02 AM
I cannot get the 3.7 firmware update to work. I get to 19% on the download and get a DNS error. Any ideas?

Ah, forgot that I can do it through usb drive. Will try that.

cdj
08-11-2011, 12:07 AM
Download it directly and transfer via USB drive.

EDIT - http://dus01.ps3.update.playstation.net/update/ps3/image/us/2011_0810_7ee6b91bbd07dde1e65a0681de66745b/PS3UPDAT.PUP (Right click and Save As.)

JBHuskers
08-11-2011, 12:37 AM
Firmware 3.7 has really jacked up my connection. I keep getting connected right away when I turn the PS3 on and then a few minutes later I get signed out and can't sign back in, have a DNS error. The PS3 internet connection test all passes so I don't know what the fuck is going on.

JBHuskers
08-11-2011, 12:50 AM
Now when I do an internet test I get an IP Fragments error :fp: what the fuck.

JBHuskers
08-11-2011, 12:53 AM
Rebooted and I'm signed in right away...let's see if this stays.

JBHuskers
08-11-2011, 12:54 AM
Nope, one minute later I get signed out with the error code 80028ED4

JBHuskers
08-11-2011, 01:12 AM
Considering I have ran with these settings on my router and PS3 for two years without a problem, yet I get a DNS error in the middle of downloading the firmware last night, something there just completely fucked everything up. I haven't had a single problem since I got this router. :fp: Just e-mailed Sony support. I'm calling it a night.

JBHuskers
08-11-2011, 01:29 AM
One thing I just thought of is maybe Google Music automatically started up when my computer rebooted overnight. Something to try tomorrow.

JerzeyReign
08-11-2011, 07:36 AM
So this is how one accomplishes 11,000 posts? ;)

On topic: I had the same issue but then again I'm not up during the peak hours trying that.

SmoothPancakes
08-11-2011, 07:38 AM
So this is how one accomplishes 11,000 posts? ;)

Pretty much. :D

JBHuskers
08-11-2011, 07:56 AM
I'm pretty sure that is the problem is Google Music hogging the bandwidth.

JBHuskers
08-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Well it wasn't Google Music, I shut it down, reset everything and still get booted 30 seconds after loggin in on the PSN. :smh: it's the firmware that fucked something up.

JBHuskers
08-11-2011, 09:24 PM
Hmmmm changed my psn connection to auto and now I'm fine. Firmware screwed something up with specific ip's

steelerfan
08-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Filthy Post Whore. :smh:

JBHuskers
08-11-2011, 11:02 PM
Filthy Post Whore. :smh:

:nod:

psuexv
08-11-2011, 11:28 PM
:smh:

gschwendt
08-16-2011, 01:25 PM
Playstation 3 now officially $249 (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/16/ps3-price-cut-to-250/).

I OU a Beatn
08-16-2011, 01:27 PM
Damn it, G. I was literally about to post that! :D

That's a nice price, though. Smart move by Sony beating MS to the punch there. They should start flying off the shelves.

bdoughty
08-16-2011, 01:59 PM
To clarify

160 GB PS3 and the 320GB PS3 are now available for $249 and $299 respectively. (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/08/16/live-from-gamescom-playstation-3-now-249/)

JBHuskers
08-17-2011, 04:11 PM
I just read a rumor that NFL Sunday Ticket is coming to PS3, but for $340.

Yep, it's on Joystiq.... (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/17/directv-teams-up-with-ps3-for-sunday-nfl-ticket/)

gschwendt
08-17-2011, 04:13 PM
I just read a rumor that NFL Sunday Ticket is coming to PS3, but for $340.
It's for DirecTV customers. You have to pay the normal Sunday Ticket subscription, then $50 on top of it to access it on PS3.

JBHuskers
08-17-2011, 04:17 PM
It's for DirecTV customers. You have to pay the normal Sunday Ticket subscription, then $50 on top of it to access it on PS3.

PS3 users looking to opt into NFL Sunday Ticket without a DIRECTV subscription will have to shell out a hefty $339.95

cdj
08-17-2011, 05:01 PM
It's cool they are bringing it to PS3, but for that price they may have wasted their time.

I OU a Beatn
08-17-2011, 06:35 PM
Yeah, WAY too high. I do think it's cool, though.

JeffHCross
08-17-2011, 06:50 PM
It's cool they are bringing it to PS3, but for that price they may have wasted their time.

Yeah, WAY too high. I do think it's cool, though.
"PS3 owners who don’t have DirecTV can subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket for $339.95. The price might sound steep, but it’s only $5 more than what DirecTV charges for the package."

gschwendt
08-19-2011, 08:41 AM
Don't expect cross-game chat on PS3
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/18/playstation-vita-has-more-ram-than-ps3-hey-cross-game-chat/

JBHuskers
08-19-2011, 08:51 AM
"PS3 owners who don’t have DirecTV can subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket for $339.95. The price might sound steep, but it’s only $5 more than what DirecTV charges for the package."

Which is ridiculous when it was $100 or $150 before. Yet people pay that high price :fp:

I OU a Beatn
08-19-2011, 11:43 AM
Don't expect cross-game chat on PS3
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/18/playstation-vita-has-more-ram-than-ps3-hey-cross-game-chat/

Not surprising at all.

oweb26
08-19-2011, 12:27 PM
Not surprising at all.

Which is a epic failure still on sony's part. I don't buy anything on PS3 for that exact reason.

skipwondah33
08-19-2011, 12:27 PM
Then again, nearly five years into the console's life, that inability should be pretty apparent to everyone by now

It would be cool but its not something I really cared about. I haven't played 360 in 3-4 years now so I haven't experienced it before anyway.

JBHuskers
08-19-2011, 12:46 PM
Yeah it's not like PS3 users are missing out on this all worldly feature. It's great, don't get me wrong, but it's not a sole reason to ditch a console. I spend a lot more time on the PS3 than I do the 360.

skipwondah33
08-19-2011, 01:03 PM
I honestly don't like talking while I'm playing anyway, except for playing Tiger but I haven't been able to do that in a while either :D

psuexv
08-19-2011, 01:06 PM
It's a nice to have... especially for TW. But all in all I can live without it.

I OU a Beatn
08-19-2011, 01:37 PM
Which is a epic failure still on sony's part. I don't buy anything on PS3 for that exact reason.

My PS3 hasn't been touched in probably two months for that reason as well. I'm ALWAYS using the feature on 360, and gaming without it is just boring, IMO.

oweb26
08-19-2011, 02:06 PM
It's a nice to have... especially for TW. But all in all I can live without it.

I can live without alot of stuff, but as i get older or the more I play online, I only want to talk to a select group of people. I rarely play multiplayer by myself so I want to talk only to my group of friends not an entire lobby we say some crazy things and we all know each other so there are always jokes about our personal lives included, this is where the party system is invaluable to me.

Now if you don't have any friends or don't care to talk to them then yes I can see where it wouldn't be a big deal. I just can not game too long by myself in silence, I can read a book and have more fun if I wanted to do it by myself..

psuexv
08-19-2011, 02:36 PM
I can live without alot of stuff, but as i get older or the more I play online, I only want to talk to a select group of people. I rarely play multiplayer by myself so I want to talk only to my group of friends not an entire lobby we say some crazy things and we all know each other so there are always jokes about our personal lives included, this is where the party system is invaluable to me.

Now if you don't have any friends or don't care to talk to them then yes I can see where it wouldn't be a big deal. I just can not game too long by myself in silence, I can read a book and have more fun if I wanted to do it by myself..

Yeah I guess if I play multi-player it's usually with some peeps and I don't care if people hear me or not. Plus in Uncharted 2 you could mute everyone else.

ram29jackson
08-19-2011, 04:45 PM
just got an ad for a ps3 wireless stereo headset coming September

JeffHCross
08-19-2011, 08:40 PM
I can totally agree with chatting with your friends rather than a random lobby ... but if I'm playing Mass Effect, and Tommy's playing NCAA ... I really don't see a very effective conversation going on there. I guess I just don't get the appeal.

cdj
08-23-2011, 09:37 PM
Big things are happening in PlayStation Home this fall. Sony has announced that an entirely new Home experience is currently in the works, one which it hopes will better cater to the needs of its users and offer a better experience overall. Home will relaunch with a new Hub and destinations based on desired gaming experience.

The new Hub "integrates games, quests, community events and user-generated content, while providing players with additional navigation, shopping, socialization and entertainment options." Essentially, it's the launch pad to anything else in Home. Within the Hub, players can go over to the Activity Board to check on quests or create their own events and share them with their friends. Users can also check out the Activity Board to quickly jump to games and content.

Outside of the Hub, there are four main areas: Action District, Sportswalk, Adventure District and Pier Park. As you can imagine, each caters to the needs of a certain gamer -- the Action and Adventure Districts both cater to hardcore and action-adventure fans, respectively, while Sportswalk is for sports nuts. Pier Park is an interactive theme park, replete with rides and games and such.

This big update will piggyback on a core client update arriving this fall, which Sony hopes will help players get into games and content much quicker than before.

Courtesy: Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/23/playstation-home-relaunches-this-fall-with-a-questing-system-th/)

I OU a Beatn
08-23-2011, 11:07 PM
I honestly don't see how they could get players into games quicker. I mean, honestly. As soon as I turn my PS3 on, I can have a game started up within 3 seconds. The only way they can come close to matching that speed within Home is by making Home the application you're launched into when you initially turn your PS3 on. Even then, it would be a slower alternative than what they have now.

If Sony is considering making Home the PS3's launch application, they better think twice. Forcing that onto the people that don't want it would be a dumb move.

JeffHCross
08-24-2011, 08:13 PM
I honestly don't see how they could get players into games quicker.I think they mean solely within Home. And they're probably not comparing Home vs XMB, they're comparing Home now vs Home future. Home is a pain in the ass to launch games from.

I OU a Beatn
08-25-2011, 08:50 AM
Still. Who is going to launch home, wait for it to load, wait for you to get in the correct spot, and then launch a game...when you can have a game up and running by the time home is even done loading? Sony needs to either completely redesign it or get rid of it as far as I'm concerned. Yes, it's come a long way since it's initial launch, but I'd gamble to say a very, very, very small portion of users use it on a daily basis.

JeffHCross
08-29-2011, 07:47 PM
Still. Who is going to launch home, wait for it to load, wait for you to get in the correct spot, and then launch a gameYou're right, no one's going to do that. However -- launch Home, mess around for some amount of time, then decide to play a game and launch it from Home -- is an option. Buzz Quiz World even had a trophy for launching from home ... and it took forever.

On an un-related topic, the Playstation Store interface has become a disaster. Especially the Playstation Plus section, where they're using categories for everything, and, as a result, I can't find practically anything. And the New Releases section has what basically amounts to "Sticky"s at the top, so finding the actual new releases has become a struggle.

JBHuskers
08-31-2011, 04:04 PM
New Kevin Butler commercial :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oohBu6oGCAo

gschwendt
09-05-2011, 09:14 AM
So I played the Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood full game trial yesterday... I enjoyed it so I thought, what the hell, I'll buy the full game from PSN and just keep playing. I go in, purchase it, it says if you already have the full trial downloaded, just cancel after the download activates, and you can keep playing. I do that, then go back to playing the trial and 30 minutes later, it says I have 30 minutes remaining on the trial. I finish out that trial, go back to XMB and sure enough, it still thinks it's a trial. I go back into my download list to try to redownload it, and it's not appearing. So I go back through like I'm going to repurchase it where normally it would just show download. It showed Buy it instead but it did have the blue shopping bag to indicate that I had already purchased it. This time during the purchase process, it doesn't ask for my credit card information, etc. but instantly went through and interestingly made a sound effect I don't think I've ever heard; I assumed it was just saying "already purchased, download now" or something.

Anyway, I go back through the same steps, cancel the download, play the already downloaded version, and again, 30 minutes later, it comes up saying my trial will expire. I think, OK, maybe it's because I didn't let the download finish or something so again, I go through, not in the download list so I buy it again. Low & behold, each time I'm "buying it", I'm actually buying it and it's charging my CC... that's technically not supposed to be possible. So overnight last night, I let the download finish so that I can at least play it this morning and then I'll get the charges cleared up when I call in today. Well, even the full download didn't fix it.

So I call customer support and the guy doesn't know a whole lot about what I'm talking about but by the end of the conversation, they'll reverse all of the CC charges within 3-5 business days and then I'll have to repurchase the game. But, before I do that, I'll have to delete the trial, delete the game data, and delete all of my saved files. So, not only do I have to wait 3-5 days to get my money back, I have to wait 3-5 days to re-download the game (per his instructions) and then have to start the game all over (I was 4-5 hours into the game). I will not be re-purchasing the game, at least not from Sony. I'll get it used on eBay or something.

Moral of the story... Sony isn't ready for digital game distribution.

steelerfan
09-05-2011, 11:34 AM
That sucks, G.

After that kind of hassle, the right thing to do would be to credit your account with enough money to purchase the game or something else if you prefer.

I'm not a believer that every inconvenience needs to be met with free shit, but charging your card 5 times (which, as you mentioned, shouldn't be possible) is enough to warrant it in my book.

souljahbill
09-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Brotherhood is so awesome when you have a squad of Assassins waiting for your signal. My favorite addition to the series easily!

JBHuskers
09-06-2011, 04:24 PM
This is out today.

http://us.playstation.com/ps3/accessories/wireless-stereo-headset-ps3.html

Don't think I really have a need for it though.

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Brotherhood is so awesome when you have a squad of Assassins waiting for your signal. My favorite addition to the series easily!

Oh hell yeah. Sometime I will just ride around on a horse swinging my sword at soldiers, get a giant group of about 20 chasing me, then call in my squad of Assassins and watch them just obliterate the soldiers.

JeffHCross
09-06-2011, 08:26 PM
That sucks, G.

After that kind of hassle, the right thing to do would be to credit your account with enough money to purchase the game or something else if you prefer.

I'm not a believer that every inconvenience needs to be met with free shit, but charging your card 5 times (which, as you mentioned, shouldn't be possible) is enough to warrant it in my book.And, while we're at it, there should be no circumstance where you have to delete game saves.

gschwendt
09-06-2011, 08:46 PM
That sucks, G.

I'm not a believer that every inconvenience needs to be met with free shit, but charging your card 5 times (which, as you mentioned, shouldn't be possible) is enough to warrant it in my book.
Just to be clear, it was three times, but I completely agree. After working in customer service for a year, I always hated the guys who would say "so what are you going to give me for my trouble" so I wasn't about to ask for anything, but at the same time in this case, it shouldn't have been an issue of me asking. It should have been them offering.

And, while we're at it, there should be no circumstance where you have to delete game saves.Yeah... at this point I'm just going to get the physical copy eventually without deleting my save. I think it's just a matter of the free trial converting to the full game. Probably had I deleted the trial first, and then downloaded the full game, I would have been fine. But Sony shouldn't offer the trial if they're not prepared to support it properly.

JeffHCross
09-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Probably had I deleted the trial first, and then downloaded the full game, I would have been fine. But Sony shouldn't offer the trial if they're not prepared to support it properly.My guess is that 99% of the trials expire before the person buys the game. And that sequence probably works fine (and is tested). But you're right that it shouldn't be missed.

gschwendt
09-07-2011, 07:58 AM
My guess is that 99% of the trials expire before the person buys the game. And that sequence probably works fine (and is tested). But you're right that it shouldn't be missed.The thing is, I had finished the hour, but it didn't give me the prompt to buy the game. Instead it let me go back and play it for another hour. After that hour, I decided I didn't want to play the game one hour at a time so I decided to purchase it.

morsdraconis
09-07-2011, 10:04 AM
The thing is, I had finished the hour, but it didn't give me the prompt to buy the game. Instead it let me go back and play it for another hour. After that hour, I decided I didn't want to play the game one hour at a time so I decided to purchase it.

Sounds like that particular free trial of the game is fucked up then and thus it fucked up everything.

CLW
09-17-2011, 01:43 PM
Just tried to sign on to PSN but got an error message. Anyone know if PSN is down?

cdj
09-20-2011, 07:41 AM
FW 3.72 is now available. (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/09/19/ps3-system-software-update-v3-72/)

A new PS3 system software update, v3.72, will be released soon. With this minor update, system stability during use of PS3 format software and network services has been improved.

JBHuskers
09-26-2011, 01:48 PM
This is a pretty badass commercial referencing a lot of Sony exclusive titles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upUSlSs7CqQ

gschwendt
10-05-2011, 09:19 AM
Here's the full video... quite awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdWkKKSckNk

psuexv
10-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Anybody ever do a restore on their PS3? I can't get the video output to change to component clearly. Thinking a restore might work.

gschwendt
10-05-2011, 10:02 AM
Anybody ever do a restore on their PS3? I can't get the video output to change to component clearly. Thinking a restore might work.What do you mean "change to component clearly"? Have you tried resetting your video (with console off, hold down power button until you hear a second beep)?

JBHuskers
10-05-2011, 10:04 AM
Anybody ever do a restore on their PS3? I can't get the video output to change to component clearly. Thinking a restore might work.

I have a couple times. I do it when I get a new HDD. So that's the only reason I have used it before.

psuexv
10-05-2011, 10:24 AM
What do you mean "change to component clearly"? Have you tried resetting your video (with console off, hold down power button until you hear a second beep)?

I have tried, doesn't seem to work. When I switch to component I get a distorted view. I can make out some of the screen but it's squiggly.

gschwendt
10-05-2011, 10:55 AM
I have tried, doesn't seem to work. When I switch to component I get a distorted view. I can make out some of the screen but it's squiggly.I would be willing to bet that A) your component cable is bad, B) your TV component connection is bad, or C) either your plug into the PS3 or plug into the TV is not fully connected.

I don't think a format would resolve any of those issues.

JBHuskers
10-05-2011, 11:34 AM
I have tried, doesn't seem to work. When I switch to component I get a distorted view. I can make out some of the screen but it's squiggly.

Are you selecting the wrong checkbox settings? i.e. 720p

psuexv
10-05-2011, 11:51 AM
Are you selecting the wrong checkbox settings? i.e. 720p

Well that's the issue, I can't get in to confirm the settings. I can't see anything.

steelerfan
10-05-2011, 11:58 AM
The only format I've done was before I sold my original ps3.

psuexv
10-05-2011, 11:58 AM
I would be willing to bet that A) your component cable is bad, B) your TV component connection is bad, or C) either your plug into the PS3 or plug into the TV is not fully connected.

I don't think a format would resolve any of those issues.

I don't think that is particularly the case. Here's how the scenario went down. I have a 42" Sony Wega that we used to have in our living room that my PS3 has been hooked up to since I got it via HDMI. I recently finished my basement so I moved the Sony downstairs and put a 32" Vizio our living room.

Since we had the baby it was easier for the time being for me to game in the living room so I brought the PS3 upstairs and hooked up HDMI. Then I purchased my capture device and had to use the component cables and everything worked fine. I had both the HDMI and component plugged in and was able to toggle back and forth when I wanted to capture. Since I was spending more time in the living room I brought the Sony back upstairs. At this point I wasn't able to get a picture via HDMI. Talked to Sony and they suggested the video reset which I did and everything worked fine, but I never checked the component. Then when I went to try the component again, this is where I'm getting the issue.

Oh and I have a Tivo plugged into one of the other component connections and it works with the Tivo.

JBHuskers
10-05-2011, 04:14 PM
Here's the full video... quite awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdWkKKSckNk

That was badass. My favorite part was Sackboy playing Chess :D

Kwizzy
10-06-2011, 08:09 AM
Well that's the issue, I can't get in to confirm the settings. I can't see anything.

I'm almost positive there's a way to reset the display settings by pressing some combination of the power and eject buttons. One of my dumb roommates in college managed to switch the display settings to a setting that didn't work AND confirm it.

*EDIT*- Here, try this...
-Make sure the system is off.
-Hold down the Power Button for 5-6 seconds - until you hear the second beep.
-That's it, your video settings are reset and you should be able to choose your input and configure it from there.

psuexv
10-06-2011, 09:28 AM
I'm almost positive there's a way to reset the display settings by pressing some combination of the power and eject buttons. One of my dumb roommates in college managed to switch the display settings to a setting that didn't work AND confirm it.

*EDIT*- Here, try this...
-Make sure the system is off.
-Hold down the Power Button for 5-6 seconds - until you hear the second beep.
-That's it, your video settings are reset and you should be able to choose your input and configure it from there.

Thanks man, I did try this and it doesn't seem to work. I think I'm just going to do the factory restore tonight. It can't hurt.

JBHuskers
10-12-2011, 09:49 AM
From 1UP.com: (http://www.1up.com/news/psn-accounts-compromised-mass-log-in-attempt)

Since the PlayStation Network breach in April, which resulted in PSN being taken offline for the better part of a month, many users have been concerned each time the service goes down for maintenance out of fear it has been attacked once again. PSN isn't down today, but if you find yourself locked out of your account, you may be one of the users whose account has been logged into by hackers.
Philip Reitinger, the former DHS official who was hired last month as Sony's Chief Information Security Officer, revealed news on the latest hack attempt in a post on the PlayStation Blog last night.

"We want to let you know that we have detected attempts on Sony Entertainment Network, PlayStation Network and Sony Online Entertainment ('Networks') services to test a massive set of sign-in IDs and passwords against our network database," he wrote. "These attempts appear to include a large amount of data obtained from one or more compromised lists from other companies, sites or other sources."

Because there were so many failed attempts to log in, Sony believes this list of usernames and passwords comes from "another source and not from our Networks." In other words, it doesn't think these logins came from a list obtained when PSN and SOE were attacked in April.

A timeline for when this occurred wasn't outlined. It was a fairly small number of users who were affected in terms of percentages -- less than 0.1 percent -- but that still translates to about 93,000 accounts worldwide. Roughly 60,000 of those belong to PSN and Sony Entertainment Network members, while the other 33,000 are accounted for by SOE users. All of these accounts have been locked and are currently inaccessible while Sony reviews them for "unauthorized access."

Credit cards are not at risk. Anyone who is charged for an unauthorized purchase will be eligible for a refund from Sony.

If you're among the PSN members who have been locked out, look for an email coming from Sony which will instruct you to change your password. SOE members will also receive an email about validating account information and getting the account turned back on.

Reitinger ended the post by encouraging users to be wary of potentially fraudulent activities online and to have a unique password for each website and service you visit.

DariusLock
10-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Wtf hackers give this crap up...why are you so stupid?! Go hack and take down child porn sites and crap like that....do something good! Steal those creeps credit card info, not us innocent gamers!

bdoughty
10-15-2011, 01:13 AM
Just bought a PS3! mainly for a spare Blue Ray and the Sony exclusives.

Had to use Gamestop (shudders) and they screwed me pretty good by forgetting to put a disc in one of the games (3d Dot Game Heros). 50 miles away and they will not mail it to me. Should have known better regarding open new games. Screw it I ordered it from Amazon because I really want this game.

I purchased MLB 2011 used, trading in MLB2K11. Got the combo Uncharted pack (Uncharted 3 just pre-ordered on Amazon), also got Heavy Rain Used and looking forward to it as I played and enjoyed Indigo Prophecy.

PSN is BDSooner72 same as my XBL acct

GatorfanStovy
10-15-2011, 11:56 AM
bdoughty,
welcome to ps3!The dark side of covnsoles ha.Add me too stovy50 I think I may pick up RS3 today I'm bored with my other games.Don't for get to get batman on Tue.Sorry you had bad luck with game stop I usually never do.

JBHuskers
10-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Just bought a PS3! mainly for a spare Blue Ray and the Sony exclusives.

Had to use Gamestop (shudders) and they screwed me pretty good by forgetting to put a disc in one of the games (3d Dot Game Heros). 50 miles away and they will not mail it to me. Should have known better regarding open new games. Screw it I ordered it from Amazon because I really want this game.

I purchased MLB 2011 used, trading in MLB2K11. Got the combo Uncharted pack (Uncharted 3 just pre-ordered on Amazon), also got Heavy Rain Used and looking forward to it as I played and enjoyed Indigo Prophecy.

PSN is BDSooner72 same as my XBL acct

Welcome! I'm usually the opposite, I use the 360 for exclusives for the most part, and games that are impossible to get a platinum trophy :D

3D Dot Game Heroes is fun, just like Zelda.

I OU a Beatn
10-15-2011, 02:11 PM
Welcome! I'm usually the opposite, I use the 360 for exclusives for the most part, and games that are impossible to get a platinum trophy :D

3D Dot Game Heroes is fun, just like Zelda.

I used to be the same way, until I played KZ3 and S4. Those games completely ruined my love for Sony. I can count the number of times I've turned my PS3 on in the past 6 months on one hand. It doesn't help when I do turn it on that I have to look at the dinosaur of a user interface, and then realize that I can't even talk to friends unless I'm playing the same game as them. Ugh. Sony had better have a much bigger emphasis on online interface and features if they want my money for the PS4.

bdoughty
10-15-2011, 03:08 PM
I had a PS3 when the first came out and agree that the UI is... I would have figured it had changed by now. I also hate how you download something and then have to site and wait for it to install. That said I love the new design of the console.

Only played The Show so far and absolutely love it. I am a High Heat fan and need my zone batting. Also the metered pitching is my favorite.

GatorfanStovy
10-15-2011, 04:06 PM
Is any one playing Resistance 3 ?'

I think Sony is doing just fine for there online stuff IMO.You don't have pay to play online(bonus)Most servers are pretty descent.The things that both you guys like the group chat thing or the install are those really that big of a deal?I could see the group chat thing.Would be nice.The install thing just go and do something else while you it installs don't nit pick at stuff like some do. I'm more of a Sony fan then 360.The games are more graphic wise better on ps3 then xbox IMO.

bdoughty
10-15-2011, 05:34 PM
I install all my games to the HD on my 360, patience is not the issue. It is that you have to download and then install everything. I would have to disagree with you greatly on the graphics end, especially sports games and even more EA Sports games.

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-madden-nfl-12-analysis/

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-f1-2011-face-off?

Most games are just pretty darn close but in head to Head comparisons LOT and Eurogamer, the winner more often is the 360. Especially when it comes to sports games.

I OU a Beatn
10-15-2011, 05:37 PM
Is any one playing Resistance 3 ?'

I think Sony is doing just fine for there online stuff IMO.You don't have pay to play online(bonus)Most servers are pretty descent.The things that both you guys like the group chat thing or the install are those really that big of a deal?I could see the group chat thing.Would be nice.The install thing just go and do something else while you it installs don't nit pick at stuff like some do. I'm more of a Sony fan then 360.The games are more graphic wise better on ps3 then xbox IMO.

Paying like $3 a month for the features that Live users get is more than worth the value, so it's hardly bogus.

...and yes, those features are a HUGE deal. If I'm logged into Live, 9 times out of 10 I'm in a party of several people. It makes hopping into a single game so much easier and takes the hassle out of having to organize everything. When I get an achievement, it synchronizes itself immediately. When I get a trophy, I have to wait 20 seconds for the thing to synchronize. Game updates are a real disparity. It's never taken me more than 5 seconds to update a game on 360. It's taken me in excess of an hour before to update a PS3 game on the same internet connection.

Graphics, meh, never did care and never will. If Sony were to ever get an exclusive like Gears of War, I would care. Gears of War and Halo are both examples of world class online shooters, something Sony doesn't have. They were damn close with Resistance: Fall of Man, Killzone 2, and Uncharted 2, but all 3 of those had sequels that went majorly in the wrong direction. I have my eye on Starhawk and Dust 514, but that's about it at this point. KZ3 and S4 left a really sour taste in my mouth.

bdoughty
10-15-2011, 06:15 PM
Game updates are a real disparity. It's never taken me more than 5 seconds to update a game on 360. It's taken me in excess of an hour before to update a PS3 game on the same internet connection.

Thanks you just reminded me of the other thing I hated about the PS3. updates on the 360 are small and fast, while on the PS3 they are much larger and slower.

Agreed on XBL. The setup is great and you can always find a cheap deal on 12 months. Sony Online is free and you get what you pay for. Even then you are reminded over and over and over, that you can pay for PSN and get special things.

GatorfanStovy
10-15-2011, 06:30 PM
Halo a world class shooter, please.More shooters are far are better then Halo.MW series is by far as an example.I would still take the ps3 titles over 360 any day of the week.But I have always been PlayStation guy since the begging.But we all have our own opinions on what system is better. Those pictures are a poorly taken if if you ask me.

bdoughty
10-16-2011, 01:02 AM
Those pictures are a poorly taken if if you ask me.

:fp: They are captured straight from the system on the highest HD settings for each console with a capture card. Uncompressed .bmp images.

They even have a flowchart and specs on how they do it.

http://www.lensoftruth.com/editors-bios/

gschwendt
11-01-2011, 11:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuOZgndEBRk&feature=player_embedded

Maybe there will actually be a reason to go into Home now... maybe.

JBHuskers
11-01-2011, 12:20 PM
Yeah. "Maybe". Gimme Trophies and we'll talk :nod:

JBHuskers
11-01-2011, 12:22 PM
This is almost what they should have done in the first place with Home.

bdoughty
11-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Still have not touched PS Home, think I am going to keep it that way.

psuexv
11-01-2011, 02:27 PM
Still have not touched PS Home, think I am going to keep it that way.

:D I've never even heard of PS Home

CLW
11-01-2011, 03:44 PM
I messed around with Home a few times (mostly bowling) but the inability to track progress and win those coveted trophies turned me off quickly. :nod:

JBHuskers
11-02-2011, 09:51 AM
Home relaunch is tomorrow... (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/02/playstation-home-relaunches-on-ps3-tomorrow/)

JBHuskers
11-17-2011, 03:56 PM
:D :D :D

@Fake_PSN - (Not) PlaystationNet
PSN Downtime Tip: Play through MW1, 2 and 3's campaigns and see if you can find the plot.

GatorfanStovy
11-17-2011, 03:58 PM
I know I hate it when psn goes down gr. wish I had me the MGS HD collection ha. Dam being broke sucks.

bdoughty
11-25-2011, 10:56 AM
Need some help. Anyone use a PS3 controller that is shaped like the 360? I can't stand the PS3 controller and I am trying to find something like the 360 and wireless.

Edit: Nevermind, I checked out some of the controllers and every one I looked at people kept taking about a dead zone. Also the wireless ones required a USB dongle and had limited range.

JeffHCross
11-25-2011, 11:39 AM
Which parts of the PS3 controller annoy you, bdoughty? The position of the thumbsticks you can't do much about, but you can get things that will change the shape of the thumbsticks and the triggers ...

bdoughty
11-25-2011, 12:04 PM
Too small for my hands and the thumbstick layout (have always disliked the dualshock). The 360 controller is just perfect for my hands. I have limited use of my right hand and an hour of play will cause it to cramp up severely.

I am just going to try this 3rd party controller and see how it works out (http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Elite-Wireless-Controller-Playstation-3/dp/B003V4AK8E/ref=sr_1_8?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1322243830&sr=1-8). It has sixaxis, rumble, etc. I will just have to live with some of it's flaws.

I did see an adapter that let's you use your 360 controller on the PS3 but you only get rumble and only works with a wired 360 controller.

gschwendt
11-25-2011, 12:10 PM
That controller you linked at least used to be the most popular option. I've never played more than a little bit of Xbox so I can't really compare but when I read up on it before, that was the one everyone seemed to recommend.

bdoughty
11-25-2011, 12:19 PM
Good to hear, I just bought two of them.

CLW
11-27-2011, 10:27 AM
Too small for my hands and the thumbstick layout (have always disliked the dualshock). The 360 controller is just perfect for my hands. I have limited use of my right hand and an hour of play will cause it to cramp up severely.

I am just going to try this 3rd party controller and see how it works out (http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Elite-Wireless-Controller-Playstation-3/dp/B003V4AK8E/ref=sr_1_8?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1322243830&sr=1-8). It has sixaxis, rumble, etc. I will just have to live with some of it's flaws.

I did see an adapter that let's you use your 360 controller on the PS3 but you only get rumble and only works with a wired 360 controller.

It's always interesting to see the different strokes for different folks. One of the reasons I have stuck with Sony is I love their controllers. Microsoft's just feel too big to me. I suppose it is just what you get used to.

I OU a Beatn
11-27-2011, 10:33 AM
I've never liked Sony's controllers. I immediately switched out my Dualshock back on PS2 when Logitech came out with their wireless PS2 controllers and never looked back. Then I got a PS3 and the controller was even worse. Every time I use it I feel like I'm going to break the damn thing. I eventually got the adapter that allows you to play with a wired 360 controller and that's what I use when I play PS3.

On the other hand, I absolutely love the 360 controller. It's a perfect fit for my hands and the placement of the analog sticks is perfect for shooters. I prefer the higher sensitivity the PS3 controller provides in sports games, but that's about it.

JeffHCross
11-27-2011, 12:10 PM
It's always interesting to see the different strokes for different folks. One of the reasons I have stuck with Sony is I love their controllers. Microsoft's just feel too big to me. I suppose it is just what you get used to.Same here. I like the shoulder buttons on the 360, but that's it.

GatorfanStovy
11-27-2011, 01:08 PM
I'm so stoked for my copy of MGS HD collection to get here on Tuesday . One of the most epic series on the play station ever. It has been a while since I've play Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater never plaid Peace Walker darn PSP .

JeffHCross
11-27-2011, 04:48 PM
There are a lot of people out there (critics, particularly) who are crying wolf over the collections and the companies that are making them. Personally, I never played God of War, Ico/Colossus, Sly Cooper or MGS ... so I'm looking forward to having the time to play those collections at some point. I'm also really hoping that they make a Ratchet collection, just to replace all of the copies of it on PS2 that I have and can't play anymore on my Slim.

bdoughty
11-29-2011, 08:12 AM
Well back to the PS3 controller. I would rather have some hand cramps versus what this controller did to me. Serious dead zone issues (tried both controllers) and the sides of the controller feel like you are rubbing your hand against a cheese grater. The size was fine but the analog sticks were much higher than a 360 controller.

JeffHCross
11-29-2011, 08:19 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Batarang-Wireless-Controller-PS3-Playstation-3/dp/B005761IOY/ref=as_li_tf_sw?&linkCode=wsw&tag=thegamtai-20

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ShC3Q8wzL._AA300_.jpg

bdoughty
11-29-2011, 09:02 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Batarang-Wireless-Controller-PS3-Playstation-3/dp/B005761IOY/ref=as_li_tf_sw?&linkCode=wsw&tag=thegamtai-20

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ShC3Q8wzL._AA300_.jpg

Same company that makes the ones I bought. Pretty much the same design. Not a comic book guy so I would probably have to hide the controller when anyone came over. ;)

JeffHCross
12-09-2011, 08:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5y8_hkQOIM

steelerfan
12-14-2011, 02:09 PM
I bought Risk: Factions on the PSN last night. (It's 9.99, but I had 4.01 credit). The new version of the game is dumb, only because it's childish.

However, the classic version of Risk is a lot of fun. If anyone buys it, let me know. I think it'd be a lot of fun online.

CLW
12-14-2011, 03:54 PM
I bought Risk: Factions on the PSN last night. (It's 9.99, but I had 4.01 credit). The new version of the game is dumb, only because it's childish.

However, the classic version of Risk is a lot of fun. If anyone buys it, let me know. I think it'd be a lot of fun online.

Dude I LOVE Risk! I still have the old PS2 game that I pop in from time to time to get my fix in but the CPU AI is just awful it makes NCAA 12's playcalling look brilliant. :smh:

I saw the Risk game on PSN but have never bitten the bullet b/c I didn't know if you could play online or if it was only player v. CPU or player v. player at the same location.

JBHuskers
12-14-2011, 04:03 PM
Is there an old-style Risk game for PS3?

steelerfan
12-14-2011, 04:25 PM
The one on PSN is 2 games in one. A new version, and the old school version.

You can play online. Eric texted me and said he's game. Maybe we can get a few guys on board with this.

CLW, the CPU AI is ok, not great. But, yeah, I'm hoping to play against some humans.

JBHuskers
12-14-2011, 04:30 PM
Ahhh I think I might have this...but I'm not sure if it is on PSN or XBLA...I'll have to check.

CLW
12-14-2011, 05:02 PM
The one on PSN is 2 games in one. A new version, and the old school version.

You can play online. Eric texted me and said he's game. Maybe we can get a few guys on board with this.

CLW, the CPU AI is ok, not great. But, yeah, I'm hoping to play against some humans.

TGT Risk League Section of the Forums appears to be in order! :nod:

Ahhh I think I might have this...but I'm not sure if it is on PSN or XBLA...I'll have to check.

steelerfan
12-16-2011, 01:14 AM
I got an email from Sony tonight saying I have money in my wallet that hasn't been touched in 6 months. I know that's not right. Is this another hack? Lol.

Anyone else get that email?

psusnoop
12-16-2011, 06:56 AM
I got an email from Sony tonight saying I have money in my wallet that hasn't been touched in 6 months. I know that's not right. Is this another hack? Lol.

Not here.

Also I think I'll grab Risk too, love playing that!

gschwendt
12-16-2011, 09:44 AM

I got it... I'm thinking mine is empty but not certain.

steelerfan
12-16-2011, 09:54 AM
I got it... I'm thinking mine is empty but not certain.

Yeah. I checked mine last night. It says it's empty. I know that's right because I just emptied it a few days ago when I bought Risk. I almost never have any money in there more than a few weeks. Guess they got their wires crossed.

psuexv
12-16-2011, 10:03 AM
I saw that they released Crackle on PSN, great little app for watching free movies.

JBHuskers
12-16-2011, 10:21 AM
I saw that they released Crackle on PSN, great little app for watching free movies.

Yep, it's been on Roku for some time now. They have a few decent movies on there. I bet they add Epix sometime soon too, that's on Roku, and 360 just added it too.

psuexv
12-16-2011, 10:22 AM
Yep, it's been on Roku for some time now. They have a few decent movies on there.

Yeah I have the app on my phone, best part is I can watch Seinfeld episodes at work :nod:

CLW
12-16-2011, 02:37 PM
I got that e-mail as well and have no clue whether it was true or not. :smh:

cdj
12-17-2011, 09:26 AM
I think they sent that to everyone, apparently. I actually do have funds in my wallet but figured this was a ploy to get people to do some spending before the new year.

steelerfan
12-27-2011, 04:26 PM
I got the PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset today. It does exactly what I wanted. Excellent sound quality and no wires.

I'm sure that there may be better sound quality available, but for $90 (and wireless to boot) I think it's a great purchase.

I'm not even much of one to chat during online play, so I will rarely use that function. I just got it to use offline. Especially when I want to crank the volume without pissing anyone off. It works, obviously, with all PS3 capabilities. So besides games, I can listen to music, movies, NHL GameCenter, etc.

CLW
12-28-2011, 01:36 PM
Going to try to remember to pick up Risk tonight. If any of you peeps wanna run some let me know.

steelerfan
12-28-2011, 01:38 PM
Going to try to remember to pick up Risk tonight. If any of you peeps wanna run some let me know.

I'm just waiting for someone else to get it.

GatorfanStovy
12-29-2011, 06:51 PM
Finally got into dirt 3 tonight. Just so much fun to race around . Dirt has improved so much from 2 to 3 . It makes me wanna transform my toyoa tercel into a rally car ha.

JBHuskers
01-03-2012, 04:05 PM
I'll get Risk next week :)

Risk Factions – 30% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $4.89)

steelerfan
01-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Anyone else having problems with getting on the PSN?

I had that problem Friday night, and I know some others here did too. I can't sign in again tonight. Wtf?

I OU a Beatn
01-09-2012, 07:30 PM
Probably got hacked again. :P

steelerfan
01-09-2012, 07:53 PM
Probably got hacked again. :P

That's what I thought Friday.

CLW
01-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Anyone else having problems with getting on the PSN?

I had that problem Friday night, and I know some others here did too. I can't sign in again tonight. Wtf?

I had issues last night it worked for awhile then I got kicked off then I got back on so who knows.

CLW
01-11-2012, 05:16 PM
No PS4

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/sony-no-chance-ps4-e3-195020927.html

SmoothPancakes
01-11-2012, 05:44 PM
No PS4

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/sony-no-chance-ps4-e3-195020927.html

And the stage is set once again for Microsoft to pounce and hit the market first with a new console, capturing the advantage in the sales race.

CLW
01-11-2012, 05:46 PM
And the stage is set once again for Microsoft to pounce and hit the market first with a new console, capturing the advantage in the sales race.

Probably as the sheep that are the average American consumer will buy anything packaged as the "latest" and "greatest". However, wtf is MS going to do with the 720 that is going to make the PS3 obsolete? PS3 already has 3D capabilities and the games still aren't maxing out the PS3.

I OU a Beatn
01-11-2012, 06:27 PM
I have no doubt Microsoft is going to launch first when it comes to next generation hardware, and I also have no doubt they'll end up selling more than Sony's product. There's a very high chance that Microsoft is going to reveal their new system this year at E3, meaning it'll launch either the end of this year or early 2013. From what I've read from various sources, Sony isn't ready for that kind of time frame, which means they're probably going to get beat to the punch by several months once again.

I really don't think it even matters. Sony showed time and time again this generation that they have completely lost touch with what their customers want. With today's huge emphasis on online gaming, playing online on the PS3 is almost as bad today as it was when it launched over 5 years ago. The lone improvement they have made to the network in that 5 year span is the implementation of trophies, which is also half-assed, much like everything else involving their network.

I just don't think they know what they're doing to be honest. They're focusing on exclusive niche titles(most of which were rushed and came out terribly - here's looking at you, Killzone 3, SOCOM 4, Resistance 3, and inevitably Starhawk), 3D(which is a gimmick), Move(also a gimmick which has proven to have failed miserably), and Home. Meanwhile, Microsoft is focusing on 3 or 4 blockbuster exclusives(Gears, Halo, Forza, etc..) that have tons of polish, Kinect(which somehow has proven to be incredibly successful), and securing exclusive deals with 3rd party games so that they sell better on the 360(Call of Duty, Skyrim, etc...).

When you look at how well Microsoft is handling everything with the 360 compared to the monkey job Sony is doing with the PS3, I'm shocked Microsoft isn't beating them more in sales than they currently are. I guess they have Europe and Japan to heavily thank. Regardless, if the trend continues and Sony doesn't wake up, beef up their network with a lot of features, and start developing games that people actually want, I don't see a chance in hell of Sony winning this next generation.

JeffHCross
01-12-2012, 10:53 PM
I disagree with practically everything you listed there, I OU, but I also understand where you're coming from -- I just don't share your conclusions. I also don't think we're going to hear anything about a new Xbox at E3 this year.

CLW, I agree. Microsoft practically has to embrace a Blu-ray drive, but besides that almost all you'll see in a new console is increased graphics (and hopefully more RAM). But I don't think the time is right, and I don't think Microsoft would be eager to heap another new piece of hardware on their existing consumers, especially with the sales they just got at the end of last year. Kinect is in a good position right now, so they'll ride that wave for another year at least, I think.

I OU a Beatn
01-12-2012, 11:35 PM
Well don't get me wrong, I love my PS3, but I really don't like the way Sony handled this generation and I just don't see that changing when it comes to the next line of consoles. They're already screwing up when it comes to the Vita, too.

But yes, Microsoft has to adopt blu-ray next generation. It would be extremely stupid of them not to.

Another rumor I've heard multiple times is that Microsoft is working on two consoles - one full upgrade to the 360 and then another system as a set box for the Kinect. While I doubt that is the case, it would be an interesting way to balance out core players and casual players. Charge $400 for the new Xbox and get the core players, then turn around and charge $99 or something for a set box for Kinect, which would get the people who don't want to pay $150 for Kinect + $200 for the system.

As for Move, I really hope Sony ditches it. I don't see that thing ever being a big hit for Sony.

I OU a Beatn
01-13-2012, 01:15 PM
Holy shit. After 4 years of periodically trying to get my original PSN account back, I FINALLY got it back today. Long story short, someone jacked my account a few years ago and I've never been able to get it back due to not knowing the email address, and of course, Sony doesn't let you do anything if you don't know the email. I finally got someone today who was willing to verify all my information, get my old console serial number(which I thankfully had), and get it changed to a current email.

I wish they would've done it 4 years ago so I could have gotten all my trophies on this name instead, but nonetheless, I'm extremely pleased to have finally gotten it back.

JeffHCross
01-13-2012, 08:43 PM
As for Move, I really hope Sony ditches it. I don't see that thing ever being a big hit for Sony.I am by no means a motion gamer ... but I didn't see the Wii taking off with the Wiimote, nor Kinect becoming a huge success with Kinect. Now, I think Sony is significantly behind the 8-ball right now with Move (the lack of success at this point is rather daunting), so they may be well suited to cutting and running. But motion gaming, or to think of it another way "the next fad in gaming" seems to have been very unpredictable over the last few years.

Well don't get me wrong, I love my PS3, but I really don't like the way Sony handled this generationYeah, I can understand that. That's just not how I feel about it. I'm fine with how the PS3 is, except for the way the System Updates / Patches are handled. Some things could be better, but I'm a big fan of the exclusives and the system overall. Then again, you and I have distinctly different tastes beyond our shared love of sports games. You mentioned 5 shooters + Forza. None of those matter to me, after all. So while I can observe things like Gears/Halo vs Resistance/Killzone, and I know Sony is quite up to snuff there, it's not a dealbreaker for me. To each his own though, I don't mean to belittle your opinion, if it seems that way.

I OU a Beatn
01-13-2012, 10:42 PM
I am by no means a motion gamer ... but I didn't see the Wii taking off with the Wiimote, nor Kinect becoming a huge success with Kinect. Now, I think Sony is significantly behind the 8-ball right now with Move (the lack of success at this point is rather daunting), so they may be well suited to cutting and running. But motion gaming, or to think of it another way "the next fad in gaming" seems to have been very unpredictable over the last few years.

Yeah, I can understand that. That's just not how I feel about it. I'm fine with how the PS3 is, except for the way the System Updates / Patches are handled. Some things could be better, but I'm a big fan of the exclusives and the system overall. Then again, you and I have distinctly different tastes beyond our shared love of sports games. You mentioned 5 shooters + Forza. None of those matter to me, after all. So while I can observe things like Gears/Halo vs Resistance/Killzone, and I know Sony is quite up to snuff there, it's not a dealbreaker for me. To each his own though, I don't mean to belittle your opinion, if it seems that way.

Whenever Sony announced Move, I thought it had potential, but I never thought it would work the way Sony thought. I think Sony initially thought it would be able to tap into some of the Wii users and that Move would basically be Wii in HD, and I don't think it panned out that way. It seems to me that a lot of people have Move to play shooters on(I have no idea how, I think it sucks when it comes to shooters), and the casual portion of it never caught on. Of course, that may have to do with the price. To use it, you would have to pay $250 for a PS3, then another $100 for all the Move equipment. It has the potential to be successful, but I think Sony needs to support it more and lower the price on it. I honestly have no idea how Kinect is doing as well as it is - I thought for sure it would bomb just like I thought the Move would bomb.

The system updates and patches are definitely one of the big issues for me, along with the lack of online features specifically no cross game chat and the lack of emphasis on players profiles/trophies. The exclusives and the fact 90% of my friends have a PS3 are really the main reasons I have a PS3, so I do appreciate that Sony focuses on first party exclusives rather than going the Microsoft route and trying to secure third party exclusives or third party titles with exclusive content.

I just truly hope Sony has learned their lesson with this generation and incorporate the online features that people have been asking for. One baffling aspect of the equation for me is the lack of a truly enticing exclusive online shooter and the fact that they haven't even released a LEGITIMATE version of the game that completely dominated online gaming during the PS2/Xbox era in SOCOM. Makes absolutely no sense to me.

skipwondah33
01-13-2012, 10:42 PM
Hopefully Microsoft doesn't rush their next console out and miss a flaw in their design this go around.

Either way I'll wait to get one just to be sure

JeffHCross
01-14-2012, 10:50 AM
(I have no idea how, I think it sucks when it comes to shooters)I can't say much about Move, but I can speak to this a little. A co-worker's son got the Move for Christmas and has been using the Sharpshooter. At first he didn't take to it either, but over time he's really enjoyed it. I think my co-worker said that he thinks it's a lot better than just using the controller. I think it may depend on which games you're playing, though.

third party titles with exclusive content.Maybe not to the extent Microsoft has (I'm honestly ignorant about Microsoft's recent deals), but Sony's definitely started this. Look at the "extras" the PS3 has gotten with titles like Portal 2, Medal of Honor, etc. I heard a few months back that Microsoft was starting to bitch about third-party titles not being the same experience on one console as the other. Ironic to me, that is.

the fact that they haven't even released a LEGITIMATE version of the game that completely dominated online gaming during the PS2/Xbox era in SOCOM. Makes absolutely no sense to me.Related to that and your earlier comment about Sony exclusives, I wonder how much control Sony has over exclusives. With first-party titles, you can imagine a decent amount of control, but with third-party games that just happen to be exclusives, not so much. But either way, if the game sucks at the end of the day, is that on Sony or solely on the developer? In my eyes, the best exclusive they have is Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time, and that was third-party. That may say a lot.

CLW
02-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Anyone having issues with PSN recently? I have had a TON of connection issues with it. I run a connection test and I get a connection and IP every time so I don't think it is anything on my end.

steelerfan
02-07-2012, 07:09 PM
Anyone having issues with PSN recently? I have had a TON of connection issues with it. I run a connection test and I get a connection and IP every time so I don't think it is anything on my end.

No, but I have had some problems with the EA servers since Saturday. Just trouble connecting, no problems once I connect (FIFA).

JeffHCross
02-07-2012, 08:47 PM
Anyone having issues with PSN recently? I have had a TON of connection issues with it. I run a connection test and I get a connection and IP every time so I don't think it is anything on my end.I haven't really been on PSN lately, but when you're running the connection test, check out your Up/Down speed. Sometimes I'm having issues and I notice that my test speeds are a lot lower than they should be. After rebooting my router, the speeds are back to normal and the connection is stable again.

gschwendt
02-07-2012, 09:12 PM
I haven't had any issues but likely unrelated, there is a new firmware tonight. Improvements to the browser and auto clock update are the advertised features.

JeffHCross
02-07-2012, 10:13 PM
I haven't had any issues but likely unrelated, there is a new firmware tonight. Improvements to the browser and auto clock update are the advertised features.Those are two "Captain Obvious" updates that should have happened a long time ago.

JBHuskers
02-08-2012, 10:20 AM
I haven't had any issues but likely unrelated, there is a new firmware tonight. Improvements to the browser and auto clock update are the advertised features.

Auto clock update as in after a month or so the clock won't be 8 minutes fast? I just thought in the PSN world a minute was :50.

CLW
02-08-2012, 12:07 PM
I haven't really been on PSN lately, but when you're running the connection test, check out your Up/Down speed. Sometimes I'm having issues and I notice that my test speeds are a lot lower than they should be. After rebooting my router, the speeds are back to normal and the connection is stable again.

I'll double check but I don't think it gives me my up/down speeds when it won't connect to PSN. I think it just stops once it "fails" that test.

GatorfanStovy
02-08-2012, 06:20 PM
4.10 update is out dang it. Gotta wait two hours to go online from download ha. But gonna wait and do it over night since my wifi is way slow right now .

JeffHCross
02-08-2012, 07:12 PM
I'll double check but I don't think it gives me my up/down speeds when it won't connect to PSN. I think it just stops once it "fails" that test.Ah, I misunderstood. You're right, you're not going to get the speed. You said that you "get a connection", and I thought you meant to PSN. My bad.

CLW
02-09-2012, 12:56 PM
Ah, I misunderstood. You're right, you're not going to get the speed. You said that you "get a connection", and I thought you meant to PSN. My bad.

Yeah I wasn't being very clear. What I meant was it passes the initial tests but fails when it gets to PSN.

JeffHCross
03-04-2012, 11:53 AM
PSN will be down today.

PlayStation Corporate Communications and Social Media Director Patrick Seybold described the outage as a "significant PSN maintenance period" that'll last from "just after noon Pacific" until about 2 a.m. Monday, March 5th. During the outage, you won't be able to sign in, use PSN-enabled websites, play games online or access the PlayStation Store, PlayStation Home and account management.

ram29jackson
03-04-2012, 06:56 PM
darn

steelerfan
03-04-2012, 07:29 PM
darn

:+1:

JeffHCross
03-15-2012, 08:19 PM
I am happy. Happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy!

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1220860p1.html

Ratchet and Clank HD Collection Confirmed
Featuring multiplayer, Trophies and 3D compatibility.

The disc will include Ratchet & Clank, Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando, and Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal. Developer Idol Minds is remastering the collection that will include 1080p graphics, 3D support, and three Platinum Trophies. The "online competitive multiplayer" from Up Your Arsenal will also be included.

Unlike the original rumor, Price says that the collection is coming to the North America in the fall and to Europe in the spring. Three Platinums? Yes please. Glad Deadlocked isn't part of it, though the multiplayer in Up Your A really sucked.

JBHuskers
03-16-2012, 11:49 AM
Stoked for that!

JeffHCross
03-26-2012, 07:28 PM
Dust 514 is a Glimpse of the Future (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1221463p1.html)

Imagine you and a squad of friends are engaged in a Conquest-esque match on the surface of an alien planet, dropping onto the ground near a mining facility that you must capture under heavy resistance from the opposing team. You choose your loadout, pick a spawn point, and call in a couple of vehicles as support, which are presently delivered by dropships. You hop into the tank, gather your team, and move in for the attack. This is something you might have done hundreds of times before. It's hardly a revelation.

But now imagine that this is all taking place in a connected universe: the weapons in your inventory and the tank that you're driving have all been manufactured by someone, somewhere, from elements mined from asteroids by someone else. They've made their way across the galaxy in a cargo fleet, and have been delivered to you by yet another player waiting in their spaceship in near orbit. If you succeed in that mission and capture the mining facility, you get paid and you win the match – but someone, somewhere, just lost their property, and the person up in that spaceship who hired you for the job now has another planet under their command. They might be the CEO of a large peaceful coalition, or they could be the head of a ruthless corp. You might know who they are. You might not.

This is Dust 514, and it is a glimpse at the future of connected gaming.

I. Can't. Wait. For this game.

steelerfan
03-26-2012, 08:07 PM
Damn, Jeff. I'm not much for Star Wars-esque games, but this sounds like the type of game that could cause a person to drop out of society. Very, very interesting.

JeffHCross
03-26-2012, 08:58 PM
Damn, Jeff. I'm not much for Star Wars-esque gamesAs far as the shooter goes, it should be much, much closer to a futuristic version of Battlefield (i.e. Mass Effect or Halo) than anything Star Wars-y. The greater universe is obviously sci-fi, but the battlefield, from what I've seen of the game, is much more just amped up war.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKtYqWBR7h0

EDIT: The game was playable for the first time at EVE's Fanfest event this month. These guys have never played the game before, and are normally MMO players (not FPS players). And it shows, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAU81DfuCjQ