PDA

View Full Version : "Coach Mode" Xbox 360 OD anyone?

Coach Kernzy
06-23-2011, 01:49 PM
I've long been strictly a coach mode player since the old days of NCAA on last-gen consoles.

Just gauging interest here for a strictly coach mode OD.

morsdraconis
06-23-2011, 02:10 PM
I'd be interested. Never really participated in a coach mode dynasty or messed around with coach mode much, but I'd definitely be interested in giving it a try if the dynasty wasn't worried about going super quickly progression wise.

Coach Kernzy
06-23-2011, 03:21 PM
Yeah it would be a very leisurely paced league, no big hurry. Us coach mode guys are much more cerebral and we like to really scout and plan for opponents and get together gameplans and such so certainly wouldn't be any more than once a week and maybe even longer depending on how things go or what everyone decided.

AustinWolv
06-23-2011, 03:36 PM
I'm interested in this.

Coach Kernzy
06-23-2011, 03:57 PM
Since you guys know more guys around these forums than I do spread the word and find out if other coach mode guys you may know would be interested. It would be great to get a dedicated coach mode OD going with 12 guys.

morsdraconis
06-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Since you guys know more guys around these forums than I do spread the word and find out if other coach mode guys you may know would be interested. It would be great to get a dedicated coach mode OD going with 12 guys.

You may want to look at OS or Utopia as well cause I don't think there's gonna be very many more people on this forum that are actually into coach mode stuff.

Coach Kernzy
06-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Yeah I will spread the word there as well as I'm members there but have really taken to this site lately as my home as it seems to be very active with great features.

AustinWolv
06-23-2011, 08:05 PM
It is.

Coach Kernzy
06-27-2011, 10:10 AM
Should we start gathering ideas here on how it should be structured?
I figure we do the whole, work you way up thing so start at a 1* school as HC or I guess we could do coordinators if we want and work out way up the ladder. And as a twist so we don't progress too quickly you can only take a new job that is 1* higher than your current school each time you get offers.
Thoughts?

morsdraconis
06-27-2011, 10:21 AM
Should we start gathering ideas here on how it should be structured?
I figure we do the whole, work you way up thing so start at a 1* school as HC or I guess we could do coordinators if we want and work out way up the ladder. And as a twist so we don't progress too quickly you can only take a new job that is 1* higher than your current school each time you get offers.
Thoughts?

Sounds good to me either way. Starting as coordinators would make it REALLY challenging since you're doing coach mode anyway.

I'm definitely fine with starting at :1star: schools and working our way up and definitely agree that there should be a small amount of limit on how far you can jump. I think, for the sake of how far we may get in this dynasty, make it a limit of no more than :2star:s higher than your current position (so you can be a :3star: coordinator after being a :1star: coordinator) or no more than :1star: higher if you're jumping from coordinator to head coach.

That way, theoretically, by the beginning of year 4, you could have jumped from a :1star: coordinator to a :6star: head coach (year 2 become a :3star: coordinator, year 3 become a :4star: head coach, year 6 become a :6star: head coach).

AustinWolv
06-27-2011, 10:40 AM
I agree with mors that 2 star jump should be ok due to the pace of the OD being leisurely as spelled out above. If it was a fast-paced OD, then 1 star would make sense, but if it is only updating once a week or so, it will take quite a while to get through seasons.

Coach Kernzy
06-27-2011, 11:21 AM
Good call guys. I'll lean on you guys for the OD guidance, my expertise is strictly the coach mode side of things.

natcret
06-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Count me in if not too late.

morsdraconis
06-27-2011, 04:42 PM
Definitely not too late. The more the merrier.

Coach Kernzy
06-27-2011, 04:51 PM
Good deal, 4 and counting now.

NavyKnight
06-28-2011, 02:50 AM
I'd be very interested. Right up my alley. My only concern is that, starting mid-October, I won't be able to play again for a few months.

AustinWolv
06-28-2011, 07:25 AM
Eh, play for a while and then set it on auto-pilot or drop out. At least you could play for a couple months? If everyone is ok with that?

Coach Kernzy
06-28-2011, 08:20 AM
Yeah the more the better for sure and if he wants to come back he can set to auto pilot or just drop and come back later if he wants. Us coach mode guys are very easy to deal with.

morsdraconis
06-28-2011, 08:31 AM
Absolutely. I've got no issue with that.

Coach Kernzy
06-28-2011, 02:24 PM
Time to start thinking about picking teams I think so we can get some info on them before release.
Here is a list of all the 1 star teams.

Memphis CUSA
Tulane CUSA
UAB CUSA
Army IND
Akron MAC
E Michigan MAC
Kent St MAC
W Michigan MAC
New Mexico MWC
Washington St P12
Arkansas State SB
FAU SB
FIU SB
Louisiana SB
Middle Tenn SB
North Texas SB
ULM SB
W Kentucky SB
Idaho WAC
N Mexico St WAC
San Jose St WAC
Utah St WAC

Coach Kernzy
06-28-2011, 02:28 PM
I think my team will be one of these 3

W Michigan
Middle Tenn
Idaho

AustinWolv
06-28-2011, 02:30 PM
North Texas

morsdraconis
06-28-2011, 03:18 PM
Definitely going with Army.

Coach Kernzy
06-28-2011, 03:38 PM
Pretty sure I'll go with Western Michigan.

They have a good QB coming back and a nice front 7 on D from what I've read so I'll plan to go that route.

The lose a stud WR and S and look to have a pretty tough non-con with Michigan, Illinois, UConn so that'll make it tough to make a bowl without a very good in conference record.

NavyKnight
06-28-2011, 11:17 PM
Kernzy, you're an expert with the coach mode side of things so will you provide all of us with "house rules"? Like what pre-snap adjustments we're allowed to make (hot routes allowed?, etc), do we do our own kicking?, recruiting rules/restrictions (can we let CPU do it?), game settings (sliders and stuff), ETC

My examples are only examples - i'm not necessarily leaning one way or another on any issue. Just want to get an idea of what to expect :) In truth, I'm all for whatever generates the most realistic experience (even realistic stats if possible). Would love to know what's worked for you in the past and what hasn't regarding coach mode.

morsdraconis
06-28-2011, 11:26 PM
I would assume with coach mode, you're picking the play and the CPU is executing the play.

Recruiting I would assume is done by us and will probably be anything goes since it's basically impossible to get anyone worth a damn as a :1star: or :2star: team but that's to be determined by determining if there have been any changes made to recruiting with the coaching carousel and the new coach ratings.

The sliders will be determined once the game drops and I would assume that the rules/restrictions would be whatever emulates real life football (not going for it on 4th down unless it's inside the opponent's 40 or you're losing in the 4th quarter; no fake kicking/punting unless in the same situation; etc). Not sure what rules, if any, we should have on the game planning settings (aggressive jump the snap and all that jazz), though I've, personally, always been a proponent of not using any of the game planning stuff or the commit stuff (since, it's always been my opinion that playing the pass is FAR to powerful of an ability since there's no downside in the way of getting burnt by a draw play or just run in general).

NavyKnight
06-28-2011, 11:45 PM
Also, I appreciate everyone understanding my concern about having to leave. Perhaps, if possible, when that time comes I can "quit" my current coaching job and you can keep my coach profile in the system so I can "take a new job after a leave of absence" when I return. Ha too realistic? Yeah I'm a nerd.

Which brings me to the next thing: I realize everyone wants a slower dynasty but for your consideration, would it be possible to finish at least the first season by October? At one game a week, this probably won't happen. Just saying it'd be nice to have at least one full season under my belt before I go. But I also fully respect what you guys have going on here and that I'm only 1/12 of the vote. I appreciate you hearing me out.

NavyKnight
06-28-2011, 11:53 PM
I would assume with coach mode, you're picking the play and the CPU is executing the play.

Recruiting I would assume is done by us and will probably be anything goes since it's basically impossible to get anyone worth a damn as a :1star: or :2star: team but that's to be determined by determining if there have been any changes made to recruiting with the coaching carousel and the new coach ratings.

The sliders will be determined once the game drops and I would assume that the rules/restrictions would be whatever emulates real life football (not going for it on 4th down unless it's inside the opponent's 40 or you're losing in the 4th quarter; no fake kicking/punting unless in the same situation; etc). Not sure what rules, if any, we should have on the game planning settings (aggressive jump the snap and all that jazz), though I've, personally, always been a proponent of not using any of the game planning stuff or the commit stuff (since, it's always been my opinion that playing the pass is FAR to powerful of an ability since there's no downside in the way of getting burnt by a draw play or just run in general).

Exactly mors. Those are exactly the kinds of things I'm wondering about (minus the fact you pick the play and the CPU runs it - that's understood). But what rules, if any, need to be adhered to? What things HAVE to be done and what things are left up to us?

I also agree with you about the gameplanning and commit stuff, though, I'd be interested to see what Kernzy has to say.

morsdraconis
06-29-2011, 12:31 AM
Also, I appreciate everyone understanding my concern about having to leave. Perhaps, if possible, when that time comes I can "quit" my current coaching job and you can keep my coach profile in the system so I can "take a new job after a leave of absence" when I return. Ha too realistic? Yeah I'm a nerd.

Which brings me to the next thing: I realize everyone wants a slower dynasty but for your consideration, would it be possible to finish at least the first season by October? At one game a week, this probably won't happen. Just saying it'd be nice to have at least one full season under my belt before I go. But I also fully respect what you guys have going on here and that I'm only 1/12 of the vote. I appreciate you hearing me out.

Well, considering, for me, this is one of two ODs and I plan on having 2-3 offline dynasties going as well, I'm more for a slower pace for this one, but, at the same time, I suspect I'll be anxiously waiting to play my next game in this dynasty for a long time. I'm really excited to get into a good coach mode dynasty and Kernzy is one of those guys from Utopia that has always been huge on coach mode dynasties so I'm hoping for great things from this.

AustinWolv
06-29-2011, 01:54 AM
I'm flexible if we need to go a bit faster.

NavyKnight
06-29-2011, 02:47 AM
Ya know...I think I'll take Western Kentucky.

Coach Kernzy
06-29-2011, 08:42 AM
Great stuff guys, I was away all evening and didn't get to play but one game of the demo last night. I played on Heisman and thought it played very well via coach mode (auto pass).
I'm getting more and more excited with the possibilities for the best coach mode ever this year.

Guys as far as rules and ideas go, I just want to be part of a democracy here for our league. I'm certainly not a dictator so whatever we all decide is what we'll do. It can be fluid and we can adjust pretty much anything as we go so lets just have fun with it and enjoy good coach mode competition.

Coach Kernzy
06-29-2011, 08:50 AM
Teams taken so far

North Texas - AustinWolv
Army - morsdraconis
Western Kentucky - NavyKnight
Western Michigan - Coach Kernzy

Coach Kernzy
06-29-2011, 10:02 AM
I've posted over at Utopia in their Coach Mode section and their OD section and I also posted at OS in their OD section as well so hopefully that'll drum up some more interest.

AustinWolv
06-29-2011, 10:09 AM
So far, it seems like Heisman is the most balanced and 'fair' that it has ever been in the series. The demo seems that way at least, but I need to experiment more.

Coach Kernzy
06-29-2011, 10:14 AM
Agreed AW, from what I've seen and read the players seem to play most correctly to their ratings on Heisman. From the videos of the demo I've seen on Heisman it really looks great and the one quick game I got in it played very well.
I'm the most excited I've been for NCAA in a long long time. I had some great coach mode times back on the old Xbox with NCAA 06 and 07 but have since been disappointed of course. Last year was ok but this year looks to be GREAT. Can't wait.

AustinWolv
06-29-2011, 10:44 AM
One of the things that stood out to me on Heisman was that the CPU QB wasn't throwing perfect passes to the correct receiver every time.....there were times he would throw to a guy that was well-covered due to pressure and held the ball at times waiting for a route to come free instead of the roboQB-genius pass to open receiver perfectly every play within 3-4 seconds of the snap like in past versions.

Coach Kernzy
06-29-2011, 10:50 AM
Agree
I was Oregon playing Texas and several times Gilbert threw it high or wide of his target and other times he fit it right in there, much like he does in real life LOL
Oregon's QB Thomas on the other hand seemed to be throwing pretty well but I never did notice him take off and run if pressured. He seemed to hold the ball quite a bit and took several sacks. But I'm not sure if that was just the RT getting smoked by the LE or what.

Coach Kernzy
07-01-2011, 09:52 AM
LOL
Looking at our rosters on Teambuilder 12 site we all have a lot of work to do to be able to win many games in coach mode with our squads.
Should be fun and one hell of a challenge.

BTW, from all the recent videos it looks like default AA might be a good place to start or should be go default Heisman for even more difficulty? I think we should decide AA or Heisman and then we can adjust sliders as we go.

morsdraconis
07-01-2011, 10:20 AM
Well, with us not controlling anything, I think AA will be fine. Heisman just results in too many all out blitzes in my opinion (and why I hated playing on Heisman in '11). You end up having to throw the ball 75% of the time because the CPU refuses to allow you to run the ball at all.

It's gonna be interesting to see how much I struggle with Army's Flex without being able to control any of the option stuff. The CPU Navy team in G's video (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2523-Gameplay&p=75124&viewfull=1#post75124) did a pretty good job of making use of their FB (like all Triple Option teams should do) but everything to the outside was pretty awful looking. I will have to do some serious practicing to make sure my offense isn't atrocious looking.

Are we gonna be ok with full range of customization for our offensive and defensive playbooks? I know one thing right now, if I'm gonna go Flex with Army, I'm gonna go all out. ;)

Coach Kernzy
07-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Yeah no reason to put restrictions on playbooks, we should find ways to best utilize our personnel since we can't control them. Have to give them the best chance to succeed so yeah go all out on playbooks.

Coach Kernzy
07-01-2011, 10:33 AM
BTW, that Flex stuff in that video did look pretty good from both teams especially inside and I think with some slider adjustments we might be able to improve the outside stuff but we'll see.
I agree start on AA default and go from there.

Cody
07-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Wouldn't mind giving it a shot.

Coach Kernzy
07-01-2011, 11:25 AM
Great Cody, select your team from the list earlier in this thread and I'll get you added.

Coach Kernzy
07-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Check this out guys.
I just realized that the starting QB for W. Mich, Alex Carder, played and graduated from the same high school my Mother did and it's very close to where I currently live. Gives me a bit more of a personal connection so that'll be fun.

Coach Kernzy
07-01-2011, 02:35 PM
double post

natcret
07-01-2011, 03:27 PM
time to start thinking about picking teams i think so we can get some info on them before release.

Memphis cusa
tulane cusa
uab cusa
army ind
akron mac
e michigan mac
kent st mac
w michigan mac
new mexico mwc
washington st p12
arkansas state sb
fau sb
fiu sb
louisiana sb
middle tenn sb
north texas sb
ulm sb
w kentucky sb
idaho wac
n mexico st wac
san jose st wac
utah st wac

1. Fau
2. Fiu
3. Uab

Coach Kernzy
07-01-2011, 03:44 PM
1. Fau
2. Fiu
3. Uab

FAU is yours if you want it?

natcret
07-01-2011, 04:16 PM
FAU is yours if you want it?

Please! Thanks!

Coach Kernzy
07-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Teams taken so far

North Texas - AustinWolv
Army - morsdraconis
Western Kentucky - NavyKnight
FAU - natcret
? - Cody

NavyKnight
07-02-2011, 04:08 AM
If it's not too late, I'd like to switch to Idaho.

Underdog
07-02-2011, 10:40 AM
I would like to join. I will take Memphis if you are still looking for members.

Coach Kernzy
07-02-2011, 11:39 AM
If it's not too late, I'd like to switch to Idaho.

Idaho it is sir

Coach Kernzy
07-02-2011, 11:40 AM
I would like to join. I will take Memphis if you are still looking for members.

Memphis is yours.

Coach Kernzy
07-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Teams taken so far

North Texas - AustinWolv
Army - morsdraconis
Idaho - NavyKnight
FAU - natcret
? - Cody
Underdog - Memphis

Underdog
07-02-2011, 11:46 AM
Quick Question....This will be my first "Coach Mode" dynasty. Very excited. Do we let the AI control both sides of the ball besides playcalling? I hope so.

Coach Kernzy
07-02-2011, 11:51 AM
Yes, with NCAA 12 there is going to be a true Coach mode option so you will be able to make all the normal adjustments presnap after picking your play but once you hike the ball you have no control.

Underdog
07-02-2011, 11:53 AM
Ok, I thought I had read that you could control whichever side you were coordinating and could control both sides if you were the Head coach.

Coach Kernzy
07-02-2011, 12:01 PM
yep, you can be an O or D coordinator or the head coach but either way it's coach mode so you pick your plays, make any presnap adjustments and then hike the ball. After that the computer plays out the play then rinse and repeat.
It's much more of a thinking man's game rather than who is the best thumb jockey.

Underdog
07-02-2011, 12:03 PM
"It's much more of a thinking man's game rather than who is the best thumb jockey."

I agree.

Coach Kernzy
07-02-2011, 12:09 PM
I've always played coach mode and love the idea of actually being the coach and dealing with depth charts, recruiting and playbooks to put my players in the best possible position to be successful. Plus it's much more of a challenge than controlling the players possibly taking advantage of some AI flaw like some thumb jockeys do.

NavyKnight
07-02-2011, 01:09 PM
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football-sliders/433548-coach-mode-sliders.html

Great thread featuring youALREADYknow's version of coach mode for NCAA 11. If you would, read each of his posts throughout - some great points and ideas about sliders, house rules, and other things to consider. I realize NCAA 12 will be different but we could use this as a template for ours or at least get some good ideas.

I tried this system and barring a couple minor things that could be tweaked, it played out in a very realistic fashion. Best Coach mode I've played yet.

NavyKnight
07-02-2011, 01:14 PM
Also, what's the general consensus on using named rosters? My opinion is that they'd be okay to use as long as only the player names were altered. No changes (appearance, jersey numbers, stats) to the original game roster. Just names.

Coach Kernzy
07-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Yep I'm very familiar, yAk and I were in a private OD with just him and I. It was a lot of fun.

Coach Kernzy
07-02-2011, 01:16 PM
We certainly won't make any changes to the roster, and unless we want to wait we may not even have names unless we make them auto-named, or maybe, I can't remember but I think maybe we can name our rosters once we start the OD

NavyKnight
07-02-2011, 01:27 PM
I'd honestly rather not do our own naming and certainly not auto-naming. Either a universal roster file or none at all IMO. I'd rather have no names than fake names.

Coach Kernzy
07-02-2011, 01:30 PM
fine with me, we'll figure it out as a league when the time comes

NavyKnight
07-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Just getting some of my thoughts out...

Not too familiar with OD's honestly but I hope there's a way to prevent people from restarting their User VS CPU games until they win. Unless it's an extreme circumstance (having console mess up, power outage) I believe that shouldn't be allowed. At most, one or two restarts a season - if that.

Coach Kernzy
07-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Coach mode is for mature players so I'd hope that no one in this league would do that. I'd hope that if you lose you lose, we'll address restarts if they become an issue certainly.

NavyKnight
07-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Yep I'm very familiar, yAk and I were in a private OD with just him and I. It was a lot of fun.

That's awesome :). Looking forward to seeing what we all can come up with. Glad to have you at the helm, CK.

Coach Kernzy
07-02-2011, 01:41 PM
We are all in this together and it should be fun for everyone so I don't see myself as at the helm. We'll all work things out together and hopefully the game will allow us to have a long and fun coaching career.

JBHuskers
07-02-2011, 01:47 PM
I've long been strictly a coach mode player since the old days of NCAA on last-gen consoles.

Just gauging interest here for a strictly coach mode OD.

You know....if this is lesiurely paced....I might give it a shot if you have room....

I have never played coach mode before, but I am very interested in at least giving it a whirl.

Coach Kernzy
07-02-2011, 01:50 PM
We'd love to have you JBHuskers, would be great to have an esteemed admin at TGT be in the league

Coach Kernzy
07-02-2011, 01:51 PM
It will certainly be as leisurely as possible but not so much that guys lose interest.

JBHuskers
07-02-2011, 01:52 PM
We'd love to have you JBHuskers, would be great to have an esteemed admin at TGT be in the league

Awww shucks :D

Count me in.

Coach Kernzy
07-02-2011, 02:04 PM
Sweet, pick a team from the bottom of page 1 of this thread and we'll make it official.

JBHuskers
07-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Time to start thinking about picking teams I think so we can get some info on them before release.

Memphis CUSA
Tulane CUSA
UAB CUSA
Army IND
Akron MAC
E Michigan MAC
Kent St MAC
W Michigan MAC
New Mexico MWC
Washington St P12
Arkansas State SB
FAU SB
FIU SB
Louisiana SB
Middle Tenn SB
North Texas SB
ULM SB
W Kentucky SB
Idaho WAC
N Mexico St WAC
San Jose St WAC
Utah St WAC

I'll get beat up in the new Pac 12 with Washington State.

Coach Kernzy
07-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Good deal, that'll be fun, i thought about that myself but figured I'd start small and work my way up rather than starting big, and working my way down LOL
Love a challenge but that'll be a tough road for sure.

JBHuskers
07-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Good deal, that'll be fun, i thought about that myself but figured I'd start small and work my way up rather than starting big, and working my way down LOL
Love a challenge but that'll be a tough road for sure.

I'm starting in small conferences in a couple dynasties already so I figure taking over a :1star: at a power conference could change that up a bit for me.

Coach Kernzy
07-02-2011, 02:24 PM
Yeah that'll be pretty damn fun with Washington St. They do have a pretty good offense with good QB and WRs, not sure aobut the D though.

Coach Kernzy
07-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Filling up fast now guys. 8 teams taken already and the latest is TGT's very own JBHuskers.

North Texas - AustinWolv
Army - morsdraconis
Idaho - NavyKnight
FAU - natcret
? - Cody
Memphis - Underdog
Washington St - JBHuskers

Coach Kernzy
07-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Coach Kernzy's Western Michigan Broncos season preview....

Offensive overview:
The Broncos will run a hybrid pro/spread offense led by 86ovr JR QB #14 Alex Carder who is a very good passer but will probably only run when necessary. That necessity may be more than he'd like as the Broncos have to replace all 3 of their interior linemen from a year ago. However the two tackles are very solid with 85ovr SR LT #72 Anthony Parker and 75ovr JR RT Dan O'Neill and they will be called upon to help out the new starters on the interior.
When Carder is not pulling the trigger on passes the Broncos plan to employ a multiple back running attack behind a three headed monster led by 79ovr SO HB #29 Tevin Drake who burst on the scene last year as a true freshman and let the team in rushing and also averaged an amazing 10.1ypc. Also in the mix for carries will be fellow SO HB Brian Fields and SR HB Aaron Winchester. Drake is the power, Fields is the speed and Winchester is the balanced veteran.
Carder will be throwing most of his passes to the WR duo of 78ovr SR WR #12 Robert Arnheim and 77ovr JR WR #8 Ansel Ponder. Along with those guys will be 71ovr JR TE #85 Blake Hammond who is a very good receiving TE.
Expect the Broncos to be very balanced and let Carder and his offensive squad put up some quality #s if the interior offensive line comes together.

Defensive overview:
coming soon.......

SmoothPancakes
07-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Just to get my foot in the door. I am very interested in this, as I plan on running two dynasties of my own, one where I control the players, and another in pure coach mode. Haven't decided which one I am going to go with for my main dynasty with Florida Atlantic, but coach mode is definitely getting it's own action on my xbox. Like I said, I'm very much interested, but at the moment, I'm not sure if I should make the jump into this or not just because things get very hectic and results in lots of hours at work for me.

I work for Clear Channel Radio and am actually employed with all three radio stations in my town, as well as doing the morning show on Saturday mornings for the station in the next town over, all four stations tied together in the same market. I have various stuff going on throughout the week, but always changing so my hours in the office are never the same from week to week, I run one of the studios for high school football and basketball broadcasts from the end of August through March, as well as run the studio for some baseball now and then in the spring. We also have our winter campaigns, Neighbors in Need (a food and money collection drive for area food pantries) on one station and Christmas for Kids (toy collection drive for area kids/families) on another station.

When we start up those two campaigns the last week of October, and they run through the middle of December, I end up working 16+ hour days pretty much 5 days a week. Sometime, the turnaround is so sudden, between a remote during the evening sometime, and then other stuff I have to work on making it a later night, and then getting up at 4 or 5am for a 6 or 7am remote, I only get maybe 4 or 5 hours of sleep, and I very sparingly get on Xbox during that month and a half just because I am rarely ever home long enough to even play any game in general, as well I am usually so tired that I end up easily falling asleep within an hour or two of getting home.

So those are my main worries about possibly joining up with this, is that once we hit that "oh hell, just kill me now" part of the year where all pf us associated with the campaigns and sports end up running on pretty much nothing but pure adrenaline for the latter half of the week with everything going on, I don't want to be responsible for holding up and killing the momentum of this dynasty for all you gentlemen.

Coach Kernzy
07-02-2011, 10:32 PM
SmoothPancakes, we all understand life comes before games and again as coach moders, more times that not we are mature adults with wives and kids and jobs so those all come before this game but the other thing we all have in common is love of college football and competition so by all means if you want to come in on please do so. There is always auto pilot if necessary, I'm sure there will be no real set schedule for just the reasons I mentioned above. It'll be casual but can't have guys getting disinterested either if we go too slow so again I'm sure at one time or another all of us will have to be put on auto pilot or whatever, no biggie. It's just a game and it's just for fun. So pick a team and join us.

Cipher 8
07-02-2011, 11:05 PM
I want in. How many OD can you be in though?

Coach Kernzy
07-02-2011, 11:06 PM
no idea if there is a limit, I'm sure someone can answer that but not me

We'd love to have you. We are damn near full :)

Cipher 8
07-02-2011, 11:21 PM
Just throwing this idea out there; don't take it as this is how the league should run; but I think it would be cool if at the start of the coach mode dynasty all 12 users had the choice to start out as a :1star: Head Coach or a :2star: Offensive|Defensive Coordinator. Then Morsdraconis's ideas could apply from there...

there should be a small amount of limit on how far you can jump. I think, for the sake of how far we may get in this dynasty, make it a limit of no more than :2star:s higher than your current position (so you can be a :3star: coordinator after being a :1star: coordinator) or no more than :1star: higher if you're jumping from coordinator to head coach.

If you started out as a :1star: head coach you could then go to a :3star: head coach. Whereas a player who started as a :2star: offensive coordinator could choose to go to a :3star: head coach or up to a :4star: offensive coordinator instead if he's offered it.

The reason for this being you get more control as a head coach and it's more challenging on coach mode to be a coordinator only so it would make sense that they get a tad bit of a starting out perk. They both could only end up at highest a :3star: Head Coach after their first contract anyways but choosing the challenge of being a coordinator starting out means you have the opportunity to be hired by a :4star: school as coordinator instead of a head coach.

What do you think?

Coach Kernzy
07-02-2011, 11:25 PM
I think what we all decided was to start as HC at one of the 1star schools listed and then go from there using morsdraconis' general idea.
I just think that being in coach mode with these 1 star schools you are going to want as much control as possible so I doubt anyone would want to be an OC or DC but if someone does I guess that's fine.
All things we can discuss here in the next couple weeks before release.

Cipher 8
07-02-2011, 11:38 PM
I think what we all decided was to start as HC at one of the 1star schools listed and then go from there using morsdraconis' general idea.
I just think that being in coach mode with these 1 star schools you are going to want as much control as possible so I doubt anyone would want to be an OC or DC but if someone does I guess that's fine.
All things we can discuss here in the next couple weeks before release.
I understand but I think my suggestion is a good idea. I really want to get in this but I don't know if I want to take any of the remaining :1star: teams. Maybe, and this is just a suggestion it's up to you, we could see if any of the other members object to my idea? I don't think starting as a :2star: coordinator would be a problem for anybody especially since the rules work out to where you both end up only making it to a :3star: headcoach right away anyways... then from there it's basically even. I don't know I want to get in but I also think my idea would make this league better but I don't want to impose because I sorta found out about this league late and the rules were already discussed.

Coach Kernzy
07-02-2011, 11:40 PM
The basis of the league was to pick one of the 1star teams and work our way up but if no one else cares I don't I guess. We'll see.

SmoothPancakes
07-02-2011, 11:46 PM
My opinion, whether you decide to play as head coach or coordinator (if I join, I was thinking of maybe starting as a coordinator), I say we all start at 1 star schools. Start out on the same level and then see how everyone progresses and how well they do from an equal base.

morsdraconis
07-02-2011, 11:55 PM
I agree. The whole point is starting at the worst possible spots and working out way up. What's the point if you start as a :2star: team instead?

Cipher 8
07-02-2011, 11:58 PM
Just to give everybody a idea of what teams were talking about here...

Northern Illinois C+ C+ C C+ 2
Hawai’i C+ C+ C+ C 2
Baylor B B+ B- B 2
San Diego State B- B C+ B- 2
Fresno State B B B- A+ 2
Miami Univ. B- C+ C+ C- 2
Troy B- B- C+ B 2
Ohio C+ C C+ C+ 2
Kansas B- B- C+ C+ 2
Iowa State B- C+ B- C 2
Minnesota B- B- B- D 2
UCLA B B B- B 2
Temple C C+ C B 2
Wyoming C- D+ C C+ 2
Indiana B- B C+ B- 2
Wake Forest C+ C+ C+ C 2
Vanderbilt B- B- C+ C+ 2
Southern Miss B B C+ B 2
Colorado State C+ C+ C+ C+ 2
UNLV D+ D+ D+ C 2
Colorado B- B C+ C+ 2
Marshall C+ C C+ C 2
Duke B- B+ C+ B- 2
Central Michigan C C C- D+ 2
Toledo C+ B- C+ C 2
Louisiana Tech C+ C+ C+ C- 2
UTEP C C C+ C 2
Bowling Green C- C- C- C- 2
Ball State D+ D+ C- C- 2
Buffalo D D D D+ 2
Rice D+ C- D C- 2

Overall the teams are not much better at all and if there are some teams that members have objections to then we can just add them to a exceptions list where you can't choose them. For example, no B rated :2star: teams. So the list of options would look like this...

Northern Illinois C+ C+ C C+ 2
Hawai’i C+ C+ C+ C 2
Ohio C+ C C+ C+ 2
Temple C C+ C B 2
Wyoming C- D+ C C+ 2
Wake Forest C+ C+ C+ C 2
UNLV D+ D+ D+ C 2
Marshall C+ C C+ C 2
Toledo C+ B- C+ C 2
UTEP C C C+ C 2
Ball State D+ D+ C- C- 2
Buffalo D D D D+ 2
Rice D+ C- D C- 2

I don't really see how anyone could have objection to this list and it's not me wanting to start as a better school. I'm all for the challenge of a low school working our way up but the below list is just not enticing for me. Especially after it's been all picked over...
Army C C C C- 1
Western Michigan C+ C+ C+ C 1
Washington State C+ C+ C D 1
Tulane C- C- C- C- 1
FIU C- C D+ C- 1
Idaho C C C+ C- 1
Mid Tenn State C C C+ B- 1
Arkansas State C C+ C D- 1
Kent State C C C- D 1
Utah State C C C- C- 1
UL Monroe C- C C- D 1
UL Lafayette C- D+ C- C- 1
Florida Atlantic C- C- D+ C 1
Memphis D+ D+ D C 1
North Texas C- C- D+ C 1
San Jose State D D D D 1
UAB C- C- C C- 1
New Mexico D+ D+ C B 1
New Mexico State D+ D+ D+ C- 1
Western Kentucky C- C- D+ D 1
Eastern Michigan D D D D 1
Akron D D D C- 1

Also to be fair to those of you already in the league, I propose all current members can change their minds and select a team as a :2star: coordinator but not only that... they get first dibs on picking through the teams as a show of good faith.

Just let me know, I definitely want to join but I think this idea would improve the league and give the users more enjoyment if they are able to start as a :2star: coordinator instead of a :1star: head coach. After all, both can only end up at best as a :3star: head coach after their first gig.

JBHuskers
07-03-2011, 12:09 AM
My opinion, whether you decide to play as head coach or coordinator (if I join, I was thinking of maybe starting as a coordinator), I say we all start at 1 star schools. Start out on the same level and then see how everyone progresses and how well they do from an equal base.

Will there be any rules for moving up or free reign?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

SmoothPancakes
07-03-2011, 12:12 AM
Will there be any rules for moving up or free reign?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

As far as rules for moving up, mors rules looked good to me, and were rather similar to what I plan on using for my own personal dynasties when it comes to advancing in jobs.

Cipher 8
07-03-2011, 12:34 AM

I agree. The whole point is starting at the worst possible spots and working out way up. What's the point if you start as a :2star: team instead?
Is there really any difference in these non-B rated :2star: teams? Northern Illinois C+ C+ C C+ 2
Hawai’i C+ C+ C+ C 2
Ohio C+ C C+ C+ 2
Temple C C+ C B 2
Wyoming C- D+ C C+ 2
Wake Forest C+ C+ C+ C 2
UNLV D+ D+ D+ C 2
Marshall C+ C C+ C 2
Toledo C+ B- C+ C 2
UTEP C C C+ C 2
Ball State D+ D+ C- C- 2
Buffalo D D D D+ 2
Rice D+ C- D C- 2

Compared to these :1star: teams?
Army C C C C- 1
Western Michigan C+ C+ C+ C 1
Washington State C+ C+ C D 1
Tulane C- C- C- C- 1
FIU C- C D+ C- 1
Idaho C C C+ C- 1
Kent State C C C- D 1
Utah State C C C- C- 1
UL Monroe C- C C- D 1
Florida Atlantic C- C- D+ C 1
Memphis D+ D+ D C 1
North Texas C- C- D+ C 1
San Jose State D D D D 1
UAB C- C- C C- 1
New Mexico D+ D+ C B 1
Akron D D D C- 1

I don't really see how anyone could have objections to this idea when the teams are basically even and after all, both can only end up at best as a :3star: head coach after their first gig. In fact, I would think choosing coordinator would have you starting out at a disadvantage being only able to control one side of the ball and only recruit one side of the ball as well. I'm all for the challenge of a low school working our way up but the list of :1star: teams, especially after it's been all picked over, just doesn't leave much options. I have to actually enjoy myself to want to play in a dynasty.

I already suggested how we could change this rule while still being fair to those already in...

Also to be fair to those of you already in the league, I propose all current members can change their minds and select a team as a :2star: coordinator but not only that... they get first dibs on picking through the teams as a show of good faith.

I definitely want to join but I think this idea would improve the league.

I'd honestly rather not do our own naming and certainly not auto-naming. Either a universal roster file or none at all IMO. I'd rather have no names than fake names. Why? I understand it looks silly and is annoying to see players that you know have different names but you seriously would rather go without names and just have numbers because you don't want Andrew Luck to be named Javier Escobar Montoya or something? All those players will be gone within four seasons and then what all the recruited players won't have names. I think your only thinking immediate rather than long term.

SmoothPancakes
07-03-2011, 12:47 AM
I don't really see how anyone could have objections to this idea when the teams are basically even and after all, both can only end up at best as a :3star: head coach after their first gig. In fact, I would think choosing coordinator would have you starting out at a disadvantage being only able to control one side of the ball and only recruit one side of the ball as well. I'm all for the challenge of a low school working our way up but the list of :1star: teams, especially after it's been all picked over, just doesn't leave much options. I have to actually enjoy myself to want to play in a dynasty.

Just to make the record straight, as it has already been stated by the community day guys, regardless of whether you play as a head coach, offensive coordinator, or defensive coordinator, you will always have full recruiting capabilities for the entire team, both offense and defense.

Cipher 8
07-03-2011, 12:54 AM
Filling up fast now guys. 8 teams taken already and the latest is TGT's very own JBHuskers.

North Texas - AustinWolv
Army - morsdraconis
Idaho - NavyKnight
FAU - natcret
? - Cody
Memphis - Underdog

It's really all picked over and to be honest (sorry gschwendt) all the remaining teams completely suck.

Tulane C- C- C- C- 1
FIU C- C D+ C- 1
Kent State C C C- D 1
Utah State C C C- C- 1
UL Monroe C- C C- D 1
San Jose State D D D D 1
UAB C- C- C C- 1
New Mexico D+ D+ C B 1
Akron D D D C- 1

I really think you guys should reconsider my proposal. Those non-B rated :2star: schools are basically the same thing as :1star: schools but to make up for the :1star: difference you cannot start out as a head coach. To me that's fair. And like I've said before the highest you can get to, both ways, is a :3star: head coach for your second gig. So from there on then it would be completely even.

I'm a little worried about how it'll be nearly impossible to recruit. I know the idea here is not to stay at the :1star: schools but it's going to make the first year or two very unenjoyable I think. To be honest I don't know anything about most of these remaining :1star: schools except for Vikings QB Joe Webb went to UAB. I really would hate to have to choose from these remaining teams but if do I guess I'll have to think about either starting another coach mode OD or just join as one of these. I really want to join this one with you guys though.

Just to make the record straight, as it has already been stated by the community day guys, regardless of whether you play as a head coach, offensive coordinator, or defensive coordinator, you will always have full recruiting capabilities for the entire team, both offense and defense.

Oh really? I didn't catch that, thanks for informing me :)

NavyKnight
07-03-2011, 01:16 AM
Why? I understand it looks silly and is annoying to see players that you know have different names but you seriously would rather go without names and just have numbers because you don't want Andrew Luck to be named Javier Escobar Montoya or something? All those players will be gone within four seasons and then what all the recruited players won't have names. I think your only thinking immediate rather than long term.

That's right, I would. Again, just my opinion but for me, fake names kill some of the experience and enjoyment. But a universal roster file would be fine - I'd prefer it to no names at all.

And new recruits always have names so how am I only thinking in the immediate term?

SmoothPancakes
07-03-2011, 01:21 AM
That's right, I would. Again, just my opinion but for me, fake names kill some of the experience and enjoyment. But a universal roster file would be fine - I'd prefer it to no names at all.

And new recruits always have names so how am I only thinking in the immediate term?

Agreed. I don't even try to start my own personal dynasties until I have at least named rosters from one of the reputable roster makers for the 360. Plus, it's not like we would be waiting until September or something. The roster makers usually have named rosters release for both PS3 and 360 within a week, two weeks max from the release date.

Cipher 8
07-03-2011, 01:28 AM

And new recruits always have names so how am I only thinking in the immediate term? I'm saying all the current players in college football will be gone after four seasons, after that it's all computer generated players that you recruited. Are you saying you would rather it not generate names for them and just have players have numbers and no names at all? Ick. That would ruin the dynasty IMO.

morsdraconis
07-03-2011, 11:12 AM
It's this simple Cipher, the creator of the dynasty decided we're starting at :1star: teams. Don't like it? Then this isn't the dynasty for you. It's supposed to be hard. It's not supposed to be easy. The difference between a :2star: school and a :1star: school is significant, and it's not just about the ratings of the rosters. It's about the :2star: prestige enabling you to go after :3star: and sometimes even :4star: recruits right from the start. How is that far at all? It's not, not at all.

Cipher 8
07-03-2011, 11:18 AM
I'm just saying either way the best you can possibly end up at for your second contract is a :3star: head coach. Then from there it's even. We're talking about :1star: schools once they've been picked over there really isn't anything left that others will want to choose. Again I have to want to spend my time on this dynasty and if it's not fun at all and the teams I can choose from don't interest me at all why would I join. The two star schools that have a lower than B OVR are basically the same caliber of teams that are 1 star but it gives more of a selection and there are a couple of schools I would settle with. You do have a point with the type of recruits you could potentially get but who honestly cares about the recruits you get at your 1 or 2 star prestige school... nobody is going to stay their very long anyways. I'll take your advice that this league isn't for me although I would've loved to have joined but not with any of the remaining teams. I'll start another one I guess that's not so intimidating and restricting.:dunno:

Coach Kernzy
07-03-2011, 11:34 AM
Cipher 8, it looks like you are starting your own OD to do things the way you want so we'll stick with the premise we started with here. If you want to join here we'd like to have you and as you said if you joined here you'd only be with that 1 star team probably 1 or two seasons at the most and then you'd have your pick if you do well so you wouldn't be with a team you didn't want for long.
Either way good luck in whatever you decide, this league or yours.

SmoothPancakes
07-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Alright, I've decided and I'll go ahead and join. I'm not sure yet who my team is going to be. I've got it down to between going with the "local" (as in located in Ohio) team in Kent State, or going the rivalry route and pairing up against natcret and taking Florida International.

morsdraconis
07-03-2011, 02:49 PM
Smooth, if you're interested, I'd be fine with switching out Army for someone else if they're a team you'd like to play.

SmoothPancakes
07-03-2011, 03:08 PM
Smooth, if you're interested, I'd be fine with switching out Army for someone else if they're a team you'd like to play.

Oh no, you all good man. Army was never really on radar to begin with when I first saw this OD. As a Navy fan, I don't know if I'd be more tempted to run Army further into the ground at the cost of my coaching career or not. :D

Cipher 8
07-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Cipher 8, it looks like you are starting your own OD to do things the way you want so we'll stick with the premise we started with here. If you want to join here we'd like to have you and as you said if you joined here you'd only be with that 1 star team probably 1 or two seasons at the most and then you'd have your pick if you do well so you wouldn't be with a team you didn't want for long.
Either way good luck in whatever you decide, this league or yours.Yeah I'm just gauging interest but if I don't get any replies or nothing I still might just cut my losses and join. I hope we can get both leagues going steady and both have a good dynasty going though. I'll still will check here from time to time for any discussion on Coach Mode and what your league is doing if that's all right.

Coach Kernzy
07-03-2011, 06:57 PM
9 owners now after adding SmoothPancakes. Welcome.

North Texas - AustinWolv
Army - morsdraconis
Idaho - NavyKnight
FAU - natcret
? - Cody
Memphis - Underdog
Kent St OR FIU - SmoothPancakes

Coach Kernzy
07-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Bout time to start ironing out some specifics since we are filling up.
Think morsdraconis has already spelled out how we'd progress to other jobs and the pace at which that can happen. Since I think we're all starting as a 1star HC at 1star schools we can only take a 2star jump at the most but...

If you take a new job should you have to keep that job for a certain # of seasons or should you be allowed to change jobs every season if you want?

Next are there any other suggestions for rules or guidelines or anything of the sort?

I'm thinking the initial setup will be as follows, any objections or other ideas?

All-American skill
All-American recruiting
8 min qtrs (maybe 7)
We can adjust sliders and penalties on a weekly basis if necessary as we get started

What else guys?

SmoothPancakes
07-03-2011, 08:16 PM
I will say one thing, this is going to be the nice thing about it being a coach mode dynasty, we won't have to worry about people trying to imitate East Room cheesers. :D That will certainly be a welcome relief, and A LOT LESS rules for us that most dynasties usually have to have to make sure people don't try and cheese.

As for the other stuff, for now, I'd agree with All-American skill and recruiting. I've had some issues with CPU cheating in Heisman in the past, so I am still very weary of playing on Heisman. Granted, we won't know for sure which one is best until we all get our hands on the game. Quarter length, 7-8 is usually the length I typically play on in offline dynasty, so either one works for me.

Agreed on the sliders and penalties. We can all trade some sliders the first week of the game as we try to find a universal set of sliders that we all are agreeable with and will work for us, and then as we get into the meat of the dynasty and start knocking out weeks and seasons, we can make adjustments along the way that we feel need to be made to make the game play better.

As for moving around once we get out of our starting job. That I'm either way on. If you keep jumping around every season or every other season, as has been stated by JB and the other community guys, it will hurt you as a coach in your coach prestige and recruiting with Coach Integrity (if I am remembering the details and names correctly).

On the other hand, if we have a rule that forces you to stay at a school for a minimum of two years, or a minimum of at least one full contract, before moving on to your next job, with as sort of casual as we are going to be with everything and not rushing to advance multiple times per week or anything, seasons will take longer than most typical dynasties (unless we're all voluntarily knocking out games and weeks in a matter of days by playing often and regularly) and it will make things a long time, both in game and in real life, before we really start to get to the point where we're hitting those top tier programs and our dream jobs.

Now for me, it makes no difference. I'm fine with a slower moving, slower advancing up the ranks dynasty, as one of my personal offline dynasties, I have serious advancement restrictions in place where I won't even be allowed to think about accepting a coordinator job at a :4star: or higher program, nor will I even have a chance to try being a head coach (at a :3star: or less mid-major program), until AT LEAST season 6 or 7 of my dynasty.

HawkFan
07-03-2011, 08:57 PM
You know I have read and reread this thread for the past few days and thought long and hard about it, because well I like JBhuskers has never done a coach mode dynasty. But I was hoping you would have a spot for me. Let me look through the :1star: teams and I will choose one. That is if you have room for me.

SmoothPancakes
07-03-2011, 08:59 PM
You know I have read and reread this thread for the past few days and thought long and hard about it, because well I like JBhuskers has never done a coach mode dynasty. But I was hoping you would have a spot for me. Let me look through the :1star: teams and I will choose one. That is if you have room for me.

We still have room for you man. Only 9 people officially in the dynasty at the moment, so three spots still left to be claimed.

HawkFan
07-03-2011, 09:02 PM
We still have room for you man. Only 9 people officially in the dynasty at the moment, so three spots still left to be claimed.

If that's the case sign me up for New Mexico.

SmoothPancakes
07-03-2011, 09:05 PM
If that's the case sign me up for New Mexico.

Sweet! Glad to have you on board! Two more people and we have ourselves a full ship! :up:

HawkFan
07-03-2011, 09:31 PM
So if I am gathering all of this, we can choose to be a head coach or a coordinator in this dynasty? Because if that's the case I am definitely going to still go with the coordinator route. Seems more challenging, although everything about being a:1star: team is challenging.

SmoothPancakes
07-03-2011, 09:35 PM
So if I am gathering all of this, we can choose to be a head coach or a coordinator in this dynasty? Because if that's the case I am definitely going to still go with the coordinator route. Seems more challenging, although everything about being a:1star: team is challenging.

Yeah, we can choose to start as either head coach or coordinator. I think most, if not everyone else is planning on starting as a head coach. I'm still undecided of whether or not I wish to start as head coach or start as a coordinator as well.

HawkFan
07-03-2011, 09:47 PM
Whats everybody's opinion on starting head coach or just coordinator. I know in my private OD with two guys i always have them with (going back to the days of mailing memory cards) we are doing one star coordinators but we are not playing coach mode and our stick skills will help a lot. I see the benefit to being head coach in a coach mode dynasty, but that draw of being a coordinator and working my way up to a head coach seems too good to pass up as well.

morsdraconis
07-03-2011, 09:52 PM
Well, going by the idea of playing a minimum of one game a week (though my excitement level for this dynasty is going to make me want to play more than one game a week), if we start a week after the drop of the game (give everyone time to get the game, work out some rudimentary sliders, and maybe get some early named rosters), that gives us 51 weeks to get in as much of the game as possible. Considering it takes 18 weeks to finish a season (15 regular season games, Conference Championship Week, Bowl Week, and Offseason Recruiting), that's almost 3 full seasons in a year worth of playing. Not exactly a lot of time to really get anything going with this when you really think about it, unfortunately. We may have to considering possibly increasing the time to get stuff done in.

Maybe think about going as quickly as we can, but also understanding that people have lives outside of the game and shit is gonna come up. Have no real set time limit for advancing or anything, but we also won't wait multiple days for one person to get their shit done (unless it's the commish ;) ). You set a time limit of one game per week, it's inevitably going to cause someone to only play their game at the last possible moment every week instead of getting it done at an earlier time. Again, something to think about that goes into the next thing.

Jumping from school to school definitely has drawbacks when it comes to Coach Integrity within the recruiting of the schools though it's unknown how much of a role it actually plays in recruiting and if it actually has any effect on whether or not a recruit is going to want to go to your school. I say we don't have any restrictions besides the ones I outlined before. If people want to tempt their fate by jumping ship early numerous times, then so be it. Me, personally, depending on how my first year goes with my team, I might actually be tempted to stick with my team instead of jumping ship.

As for other rules or the ones you outlined, I'm interested to see how many plays 8 minute quarters equates to in '12 and how much of a difference 9 minute quarters will make instead. I've been playing on 9 minute quarters for the last two years of the game as it just seems to create more opportunities for realistic looking stats and game scores. I'd definitely be interested to see how that works out for us coach mode guys since we won't have full control over the players on the field and thus may have more defensive battles than we may normally have if we were actually controlling the players on the field.

I'm definitely all for All American settings as I think the CPU just plays smarter on defense on All American when compared to Heisman (aka blitz city). I'm not sure if we actually need All American recruiting settings though. That will need to remain to be seen in my opinion because starting with :1star: teams, we'll be struggling to get decent :2star: players our first season, much less any :3star: players and it's even worse with higher recruiting difficulty settings. Again, I think we should do a bit of testing before we finalize that setting.

HawkFan
07-03-2011, 09:55 PM
all of what mors said +1

Coach Kernzy
07-03-2011, 10:45 PM
Great feedback guys, again this is a democracy and not a dictatorship so everyone here has a say. I may have started the thread but by no means am I the final or only say on anything. I will have access to a computer pretty much day and night all hours so it'll be easy for me to advance whenever necessary either from the console or online since that is an option now.

Welcome HawkFan, I'm sure the Lobos fortunes are looking up with you on board.

As far as advancement goes, I agree we want to move as fast as we can but not a breakneck pace that leaves anyone feeling hurried. I'm hoping the excitement of things will keep us going pretty good for quite some time and then that momentum will just keep on going once we get some history behind us.

HC or OC or DC is certainly fine, whatever you guys want to start as I'm good with that.

Man I can't wait for the 12th.

Cipher 8
07-04-2011, 04:33 AM
:dunno: Aww shucks... I don't want to pass up the opportunity to play in a active and well run Coach Mode Online Dynasty so I want to cover myself for the possibility that nobody replies to my thread and I cannot get my league going. With yours only having two more spots left I feel I should at least sign up and reserve a spot now, pick my team, and then I'll decide whether or not I'm in for sure the closer it gets to release. If others start to view this forum more and sign up in my thread I'll back out but if not (and it's not looking good at the moment) I'll be in this one. Don't take this unsureness as a concern because if I'm in I'll be one of the most active members and you won't have any problems with me. I can guarantee you that+.

Red = Taken
Blue = Reserved
Team | OVR | OFF | DEF | SPT | Conference
Army C C C C- 1 IND
Western Michigan C+ C+ C+ C MAC
Washington State C+ C+ C D PAC-12
Tulane C- C- C- C- C-USA
FIU C- C D+ C- Sunbelt
Idaho C C C+ C- WAC
Mid Tenn State C C C+ B- Sunbelt
Arkansas State C C+ C D- Sunbelt
Kent State C C C- D MAC
Utah State C C C- C- WAC
UL Monroe C- C C- D Sunbelt
UL Lafayette C- D+ C- C- Sunbelt
Florida Atlantic C- C- D+ C Sunbelt
Memphis D+ D+ D C C-USA
North Texas C- C- D+ C Sunbelt
San Jose State D D D D WAC
UAB C- C- C C- C-USA
New Mexico D+ D+ C B MWC
New Mexico State D+ D+ D+ C- WAC
Western Kentucky C- C- D+ D Sunbelt
Eastern Michigan D D D D MAC
Akron D D D C- MAC

Is Cody even playing and what team? He has one post (total) and never came back... I think you might have 3 open spots to fill actually.

Also who is SmoothPancakes taking for sure?
Alright, I've decided and I'll go ahead and join. I'm not sure yet who my team is going to be. I've got it down to between going with the "local" (as in located in Ohio) team in Kent State, or going the rivalry route and pairing up against natcret and taking Florida International.

I don't want to deter anyone else from joining because I picked their team so I made a list as I don't really have a preference and can't decide.

I'de like to reserve;

1a. Tulane
1b. UAB
3. Arkansas State
4. San Jose State (Become the next Bill Walsh?)
5. Utah State

I would've liked to been able to choose a team where I'm in my own conference but that's okay the only two Wash. St. and New Mexico are really not interesting enough to me anyways and I don't like army's offense style.

I think we all want this to fill up with 12 teams so I'm trying to be respectful to other potential members since I'm just reserving a spot and not making it official as of yet, more than likely I will though. I guess if it comes down to it though there's really no reason why I can't be in two Coach Mode Dynasties. As long as I'm active and I will be.

Cipher 8
07-04-2011, 07:17 AM
What do you guys think about an Alma Mater Restriction? Instead of everybody just picking a :6star: school to get a edge and ultimately end up there we could set restrictions on which teams you can pick for your Alma Mater so it's harder for you to actually get that dream job offer at the top elite schools. Personally I think a :4star: and under Alma Mater would work. The Alma Mater should be like a stepping stone. Like going from a :1star: beginner school to your second job then potentially to your Alma Mater. Do good with your Alma Mater team and the :5star: and :6star: teams might notice and offer you a job. Just throwing this out there. More then likely nobody will agree with me, what's new? ;)

morsdraconis
07-04-2011, 12:13 PM
Well, my Alma Mater is gonna be WVU so my team choice is a :4star: already.

JBHuskers
07-04-2011, 02:17 PM
I figured I would just have my real alma mater as my alma mater.

natcret
07-04-2011, 03:13 PM

:FAU: vs :FIU:

Florida showdown!

natcret
07-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Assuming nothing changes in the rankings once the game is released, here is a quick breakdon of the 120 schools to add to the conversation:

:6star: - 10 schools
:5star: - 11 schools
:4star: - 14 schools
:3star: - 32 schools
:2star: - 31 schools
:1star: - 22 Schools

Maybe we could decide based on the numbers above. For example:

Season 1: coord position based on what is planned :1star:
Season 2: new coord position :2star:
Season 3: HC position :3star:
Season 4: Coord position :4star:, :5star:, and :6star: combined
Season 5: HC position :4star:, :5star:, and :6star: combined

I also have a question related to coach mode in general: do the AI schools figure into the mix in terms of the league? If so, do their rankings increase or decrease over time which could affect how a school is chosen when moving up to anther position? The reason I ask this is that you might be coaching a two star team that you want to stay with because they are actually getting better. Do I have to accept a new position or keep working with my team? I am also assuming that lower-tierd teams will always stay lower-tiered due to how the game lloks at the powerhouse programs...or does it?

Cipher 8
07-04-2011, 10:40 PM
Assuming nothing changes in the rankings once the game is released, here is a quick breakdon of the 120 schools to add to the conversation:

:6star: - 10 schools
:5star: - 11 schools
:4star: - 14 schools
:3star: - 32 schools
:2star: - 31 schools
:1star: - 22 Schools

I also have a question related to coach mode in general: do the AI schools figure into the mix in terms of the league? If so, do their rankings increase or decrease over time which could affect how a school is chosen when moving up to anther position? The reason I ask this is that you might be coaching a two star team that you want to stay with because they are actually getting better. Do I have to accept a new position or keep working with my team? I am also assuming that lower-tierd teams will always stay lower-tiered due to how the game lloks at the powerhouse programs...or does it?

Do AI schools figure into the mix? Unless you mean the Art Institute schools then yes they do. :p
Do their rankings increase and decrease? I can't remember if a school's prestige star rating changed on NCAA Football 11's online dynasties or not but if they do in 12 I would imagine we would still go by the +:2star: increase if you don't change position or +:1star: if you did rule. If your school raises it's prestige I think it should go by what it was when you got there, so if you raise a :1star: school to a :2star: school you still can only go up 2 stars to :3star: not to :4star:.
Do you have to accept a new position or keep working with my team? No, you can stay at your school as long as they keep offering you a contract extension. If you want to play as FAU forever you could or if you wanted to jump to a :4star: school and you like it there you don't have to ever leave assuming you can meet your goals and they don't fire your ass :p
Low-tiered teams always stay lower-tiered? Pretty much, if they do change which i don't know if they do, it would only probably be a star or two at best.

As for the season 1-5 thing I'de rather not have restrictions other than the +:2star:/+:1star: thing we already got. I think if you are offered a job you should be able to take it but know there are repercussions if you constantly leave and jump from school to school, coach loyalty rating for recruiting and what not.

Cipher 8
07-04-2011, 10:43 PM
Well, my Alma Mater is gonna be WVU so my team choice is a :4star: already.

I figured I would just have my real alma mater as my alma mater.

So your saying you would be fine with that or no you don't want that? I'm just fearing if we all choose :6star: teams as our Alma Mater that it'll be too easy to go up the ranks but if we are restricted from choosing the top elite tier teams then it would make getting a job offer from them rarer and honestly that's how it should be. You should really have to shine with a 3 or 4 star team to get an offer to coach the big boys.

morsdraconis
07-04-2011, 11:04 PM
As for the season 1-5 thing I'de rather not have restrictions. I think if you are offered a job you should be able to take it but know there are repercussions if you constantly leave and jump from school to school, coach loyalty rating for recruiting and what not.

The restrictions are simple:

Start as a :1star: school (coordinator or head coach, doesn't matter) and not be able to jump anymore than :2star: s at a time each season, no matter who offers you what. It's HIGHLY unrealistic for a head coach from a crappy school that has a one hit wonder season to immediately jump to even a BCS middle team, much less have the ability to get offers from anywhere and be able to jump to that school.

As for the stars of the school factoring into the ability to jump from a school, the starting prestige ranking of the school (so, for us, :1star: ) should be the only factor and no additional prestige garnered from doing well should factor into the process of moving to another school. I don't give a shit if I make Army a :3star: school, if I decide to jump ship, it should be to a :3star: school based on what Army's prestige rating was when I took them over and not on the fact that I was able to take advantage of shitty schedules to luck my way into two 7-6 seasons and two bowl games against shitty schools. No coach that barely makes it into a bowl game two years in a row but pulls off two wins against shitty schools is gonna get an offer from an elite :5star: school. That just doesn't make any sense at any level.

As for limiting the choices of the Alma Mater, absolutely not. I completely disagree with limiting Alma Mater choices. Just because you have a team as your Alma Mater doesn't mean that you're going to automatically get that spot when it opens up or that you're going to get it anytime soon. A :6star: prestige team has to be on a major downswing for them to fire their coach to begin with, which, most likely means that they aren't a :6star: prestige team anymore. Limiting Alma Mater choices is just silly in my opinion. They're Alma Mater choices to help you have a prayer of getting the job. It doesn't mean that you're going to automatically get it when it becomes open. Hell, you might not even have a chance at the HC job if the team continues to do well and never fires their coach. You might have to wait and only get the OC or DC job there instead of getting the HC job.

As for the prestige of schools, they absolutely change and can have pretty drastic changes with some luck with recruits and such.

HawkFan
07-04-2011, 11:22 PM
I like everything said here. I know I want my alma mater to be Iowa but I will guarantee you that I will never be Iowa. It frustrates me to no end to play as them on this game and it takes all the fun out of it. I do think with the game getting so close to being released get a list of rules in a nice format to post here or even possibly in a new thread to make it easy to navigate for everyone. Maybe we can start a new thread or even get a spot in the donater dynasty section, hell I would be willing to chip in to get us a forum there.

Cipher 8
07-04-2011, 11:49 PM
The restrictions are simple:

Calm down... I know the restrictions but he was implying

Which is what I was replying to there...

As for the season 1-5 thing I'de rather not have restrictions other than the +:2star:/+:1star: thing we already got. I think if you are offered a job you should be able to take it but know there are repercussions if you constantly leave and jump from school to school, coach loyalty rating for recruiting and what not.

Cipher 8
07-05-2011, 12:02 AM
As for limiting the choices of the Alma Mater, absolutely not. I completely disagree with limiting Alma Mater choices.
I don't know what you have against my ideas but whatever...

Just because you have a team as your Alma Mater doesn't mean that you're going to automatically get that spot when it opens up or that you're going to get it anytime soon.

Choosing a school as your Alma Mater does have an big impact though. It's already been said that if you choose that school at some point their likely to offer you a job if it's open, they weight things such as one of their own over just your coach prestige rating. You saw NC State hire their offensive coord. or whatever over the other more prestigious out of school coaches they could choose from.

A :6star: prestige team has to be on a major downswing for them to fire their coach to begin with, which, most likely means that they aren't a :6star: prestige team anymore.

Not really... All they have to do is fail to meat certain goals with :3redarrow:/:4redarrow:/:5redarrow: and it can happen pretty quickly. Not every team can meet their goals.

Limiting Alma Mater choices is just silly in my opinion. They're Alma Mater choices to help you have a prayer of getting the job. It doesn't mean that you're going to automatically get it when it becomes open. Hell, you might not even have a chance at the HC job if the team continues to do well and never fires their coach. You might have to wait and only get the OC or DC job there instead of getting the HC job.

If you don't want the challenge then fine lets not do it but I only suggested it as it'll be more challenging to get to those elite schools if your unable to make them your Alma Mater. Period. That was my thought process behind it.

I realize some people will want to choose their actual Alma Mater like JBHuskers said and any restrictions could affect that but I'de guess that most of us haven't gone to a college with DIV-1A football that's that prestigious so for the rest of us we'll just select any school, probably the best ones, or their favorite school.

I really don't see any difference in having this restrictions/guidelines. It's not different than the +:2star:/+:1star: rule which if you really want to get down to it is more restricting than anything I've suggested.

morsdraconis
07-05-2011, 01:06 AM

I have nothing against you personally man. I just disagree with limiting Alma Maters as what's the point of playing in a dynasty if you can't have a goal of being the team that you absolutely want to be?

Choosing a school as your Alma Mater does have an big impact though. It's already been said that if you choose that school at some point their likely to offer you a job if it's open, they weight things such as one of their own over just your coach prestige rating. You saw NC State hire their offensive coord. or whatever over the other more prestigious out of school coaches they could choose from.

Alma Mater isn't a guarantee that you're going to get a job at the school you choose, but so what if it is? We want the ability to get to the big programs and be able to be there right? So what if someone chooses Alabama as their Alma Mater so that they have a chance to go to Alabama and be cheesy as hell with their ridiculous ability to get recruits easily? You theoretically have the exact same amount of ability to get to that school or one just as good as they do if you're truly worried about it. It's been said that it's a factor in a team choosing it's coaches and, sure, if could be the deciding factor between someone with the team as an Alma Mater and someone without them, but it's certainly not the only thing that the teams use to determine who goes where.

What would be the point of playing if we can't choose what school is our dream job? Personally, I wouldn't care if WVU was a :2star: school, they'd still be my dream job because they're my team, and I would want to play with them down the road after taking my lashes somewhere else. Not giving someone the ability to choose what school is their dream job is going to limit the amount of interest that person might have in this dynasty, and that's the last thing we want. With my eye on the ability to possibly be the HC at WVU sometime down the road, I'm that much more interested in this dynasty and, once I get the job, I'll be that much more committed to making this dynasty the best I can make it. That's the beauty of the Alma Mater setup. It's the carrot on the stick. It's the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. It's what ever coach in real life is striving to achieve.

Not really... All they have to do is fail to meet certain goals with :3redarrow:/:4redarrow:/:5redarrow: and it can happen pretty quickly. Not every team can meet their goals.

But, in doing that, you're most likely losing 2+ games in a year and, since it's highly unlikely that a :6star: team isn't going to have aspirations of National Championships, at the very most 1 loss seasons, and Conference Championships (if applicable). In a season where you don't meet some of the contract requirements for your job, it's highly unlikely that you'll still be going undefeated or meeting the normal school aspirations of a :6star: program and thus, the likelihood of staying at the :6star: prestige level isn't very high if you are doing bad enough to get fired.

I would be very interested to see some simmed seasons showing contracts of coaches on the hot seat that don't get fired because they haven't failed enough and seeing what happened to the school's prestige level the following year. I'd be willing to beat the number of :5star: and :6star: prestige teams fluctuates more than you think it does because of "failure" seasons by not winning a National Championship or, at the very least, a Conference Championship.

If you don't want the challenge then fine lets not do it but I only suggested it as it'll be more challenging to get to those elite schools if your unable to make them your Alma Mater. Period. That was my thought process behind it.

I'm curious to know why you think it should be more challenging to get to the jobs that we covet? As I pointed out earlier, we'll be lucky to finish season 4 of this even at a normal OD rate (3 games every two weeks), so, really, why do you feel that it should be made even more difficult to get to the programs that we want to work our way up to? It's already highly unlikely that anyone will get to their Alma Mater before the start of season 3. If this was a dynasty that was able to knock out 5 games in two weeks (pretty damn fast) on a consistent basis, so that we had a chance at 6+ seasons in this dynasty, I'd be all for making it more difficult to get to the big programs and making the program climb take longer, but, that's highly unlikely considering Coach Mode is really for those people that have more things on their plate than just video games and such.

Believe me, I plan on doing a coach carousel dynasty where, like Smooth was talking about before, I'll be lucky to sniff my first coaching job by season 6 much less a good job by season 10. I'm all for it taking a realistic amount of time to progress to other schools from another job and such, but, I also have to be realistic when it comes to the goals that we all seem to want for this OD to be interesting and I think that means not making it take 5+ years to even have a chance at sniffing our dream jobs, much less making it even harder to land them by forcing some people to choose an Alma Mater that isn't a power school.

Cipher 8
07-05-2011, 05:24 AM
I get your side of it now and I can understand that

I'm curious to know why you think it should be more challenging to get to the jobs that we covet?
What I meant by challenge is less likely to get the job offer. If you pick an Alma Mater it's more likely they'll choose you if you have the credentials to even be considered in the first place.

As I pointed out earlier, we'll be lucky to finish season 4 of this even at a normal OD rate (3 games every two weeks), so, really, why do you feel that it should be made even more difficult to get to the programs that we want to work our way up to? It's already highly unlikely that anyone will get to their Alma Mater before the start of season 3. If this was a dynasty that was able to knock out 5 games in two weeks (pretty damn fast) on a consistent basis, so that we had a chance at 6+ seasons in this dynasty,

I'm curious as to why you believe we won't even get that far in this dynasty? I was under the notion this was going to be active and well run?

I'd be all for making it more difficult to get to the big programs and making the program climb take longer, but, that's highly unlikely considering Coach Mode is really for those people that have more things on their plate than just video games and such.
I disagree. While some of those people may be attracted to this mode I still think a lot of gamers will be attracted to it for the strategy elements and just layback enjoyment of it. Watch a game play out. There's a lot of tactical/strategic gamers out there that want nothing to do with the quick twitch games that young adults and teens usually covet. Personally, those are the games, and in this case game modes, that I look for. I love recruiting and that's why I play NCAA not because the gameplay is great. I like the team management side of it.

Believe me, I plan on doing a coach carousel dynasty where, like Smooth was talking about before, I'll be lucky to sniff my first coaching job by season 6 much less a good job by season 10. I'm all for it taking a realistic amount of time to progress to other schools from another job and such, but, I also have to be realistic when it comes to the goals that we all seem to want for this OD to be interesting and I think that means not making it take 5+ years to even have a chance at sniffing our dream jobs, much less making it even harder to land them by forcing some people to choose an Alma Mater that isn't a power school.Yeah I guess it makes sense but I really hope the member in this don't have the attitude you're describing here. Not your own attitude but the whole, I don't plan to do this for 5+ seasons view. I hope we can make this a active and long lasting dynasty. Otherwise I simply will start one that is and be more selective on who I allow in.

Coach Kernzy
07-05-2011, 08:37 AM
Guys, let's just take a breather here. We have a lot of time to gather ideas and hash things out.
It's a week away from release now and really the main thing for us to focus on now is our first team and the rules by which we play this first season. We can discuss all the movement rules and such as we go. They don't have to be set in stone right off the bat.

Cipher 8
07-05-2011, 08:58 AM
Guys, let's just take a breather here. We have a lot of time to gather ideas and hash things out.
It's a week away from release now and really the main thing for us to focus on now is our first team and the rules by which we play this first season. We can discuss all the movement rules and such as we go. They don't have to be set in stone right off the bat.
Yeah we're cool we're just discussing it, to be honest it helps pass the time, at least for me. I wish I had the game already and it sucks having traded in last years game for Brink of all games. -_- I'm still trying to decide if I want to play as Tulane or Arkansas State. I'm starting to lean towards Arkansas State but I know little about them. Where is gschwendt when you need him ;)

Coach Kernzy
07-05-2011, 09:06 AM
Here's where we sit on owners and teams as of now.

North Texas - AustinWolv
Army - morsdraconis
Idaho - NavyKnight
FAU - natcret
? - Cody
Memphis - Underdog
FIU - SmoothPancakes
New Mexico - HawkFan

Not sure about Cody, haven't heard anything more on him so who knows there.

Cipher 8
07-05-2011, 10:36 AM
I say PM cody and see what's going on there but I would like to reserve Arkansas State/Tulane and I'll try to decide in the next couple of days, before the league starts for sure. I'm guessing that's okay since SmoothPancakes did the same thing.

Coach Kernzy
07-05-2011, 10:44 AM
Sure

Coach Kernzy
07-05-2011, 01:52 PM
Our new home guys......http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2596-TGT-Coach-Mode-OD-(360)

natcret
07-05-2011, 07:38 PM
Calm down... I know the restrictions but he was implying
Which is what I was replying to there...

Sorry... I wasn't suggesting 5 seasons as what my post may have sounded. I was just looking at it based on the number of teams in each category and maybe restricting jumps based on the category numbers. But based on the response related to prestige changing over time, it appears my comment would be moot.

SmoothPancakes
07-05-2011, 08:09 PM
So your saying you would be fine with that or no you don't want that? I'm just fearing if we all choose :6star: teams as our Alma Mater that it'll be too easy to go up the ranks but if we are restricted from choosing the top elite tier teams then it would make getting a job offer from them rarer and honestly that's how it should be. You should really have to shine with a 3 or 4 star team to get an offer to coach the big boys.

I realize some people will want to choose their actual Alma Mater like JBHuskers said and any restrictions could affect that but I'de guess that most of us haven't gone to a college with DIV-1A football that's that prestigious so for the rest of us we'll just select any school, probably the best ones, or their favorite school.

I have nothing against you personally man. I just disagree with limiting Alma Maters as what's the point of playing in a dynasty if you can't have a goal of being the team that you absolutely want to be?

Alma Mater isn't a guarantee that you're going to get a job at the school you choose, but so what if it is? We want the ability to get to the big programs and be able to be there right? So what if someone chooses Alabama as their Alma Mater so that they have a chance to go to Alabama and be cheesy as hell with their ridiculous ability to get recruits easily? You theoretically have the exact same amount of ability to get to that school or one just as good as they do if you're truly worried about it. It's been said that it's a factor in a team choosing it's coaches and, sure, if could be the deciding factor between someone with the team as an Alma Mater and someone without them, but it's certainly not the only thing that the teams use to determine who goes where.

What would be the point of playing if we can't choose what school is our dream job? Personally, I wouldn't care if WVU was a :2star: school, they'd still be my dream job because they're my team, and I would want to play with them down the road after taking my lashes somewhere else. Not giving someone the ability to choose what school is their dream job is going to limit the amount of interest that person might have in this dynasty, and that's the last thing we want. With my eye on the ability to possibly be the HC at WVU sometime down the road, I'm that much more interested in this dynasty and, once I get the job, I'll be that much more committed to making this dynasty the best I can make it. That's the beauty of the Alma Mater setup. It's the carrot on the stick. It's the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. It's what ever coach in real life is striving to achieve.

I'm curious to know why you think it should be more challenging to get to the jobs that we covet? As I pointed out earlier, we'll be lucky to finish season 4 of this even at a normal OD rate (3 games every two weeks), so, really, why do you feel that it should be made even more difficult to get to the programs that we want to work our way up to? It's already highly unlikely that anyone will get to their Alma Mater before the start of season 3. If this was a dynasty that was able to knock out 5 games in two weeks (pretty damn fast) on a consistent basis, so that we had a chance at 6+ seasons in this dynasty, I'd be all for making it more difficult to get to the big programs and making the program climb take longer, but, that's highly unlikely considering Coach Mode is really for those people that have more things on their plate than just video games and such.

Believe me, I plan on doing a coach carousel dynasty where, like Smooth was talking about before, I'll be lucky to sniff my first coaching job by season 6 much less a good job by season 10. I'm all for it taking a realistic amount of time to progress to other schools from another job and such, but, I also have to be realistic when it comes to the goals that we all seem to want for this OD to be interesting and I think that means not making it take 5+ years to even have a chance at sniffing our dream jobs, much less making it even harder to land them by forcing some people to choose an Alma Mater that isn't a power school.

I get your side of it now and I can understand that

What I meant by challenge is less likely to get the job offer. If you pick an Alma Mater it's more likely they'll choose you if you have the credentials to even be considered in the first place.

Even though this discussion has seemingly come to an end and been resolved, I want to give my perspective on it. I am absolutely and vehemently against making certain school off limits to set as your alma mater. Now in real life, I went to a Division III college, so I am simply going with Navy as my alma mater, since they are who I am a fan of. However, say I had gone to college at and graduated from Ohio State? Just because you, or someone else, went to school at a small "bottom feeder" DI-A school, or went to a DI-AA or DII or whatever division school, why should I be banned from setting Ohio State (my true Alma Mater in this theoretical situation) as my Alma Mater and be forced to make my Alma Mater some random school that I don't give two shits about? That is the issue I have with banning certain schools as being able to be made your Alma Mater. Say I had gone to Florida in real life. Again, why should I be banned from using my true Alma Mater as my coach's Alma Mater, and instead be forced make it some random school I don't give a damn about?

That is why I vehemently oppose this whole "banning certain schools and making them off limits as Alma Maters" idea. Because it is basically saying "who cares if you actually went to this big name, big time school in real life, fuck you, pick some dump of a school instead". No. I will never agree to something like that.

Plus I think you are assuming WAY too much when it comes to people setting their Alma Mater, thinking we're all going to set ours as USC, Florida, Ohio State, Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Auburn, and Oregon. No. We aren't. As has already been stated by others, mors is making his West Virginia. I'm making mine Navy. JB is making his Nebraska (his true Alma Mater). Hawkfan is going with Iowa. No one is going with those big time, 6-star, BCS championship contending programs. We're going with our true, real life Alma Maters or the teams that we are fans of.

Cipher 8
07-06-2011, 01:57 AM
Even though this discussion has seemingly come to an end and been resolved, I want to give my perspective on it. ... Plus I think you are assuming WAY too much when it comes to people setting their Alma Mater, thinking we're all going to set ours as USC, Florida, Ohio State, Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Auburn, and Oregon. No. We aren't. ... No one is going with those big time, 6-star, BCS championship contending programs. We're going with our true, real life Alma Maters or the teams that we are fans of.

I hate to bump this thread with the new one made but I just wanted to say I totally get your side, like you said this was resolved, the only thing I would like to add though is that while many of you have an actual Alma Mater or are fans of a certain team that I have no team. I'm not a fan of college football. I don't even watch real college football. (Though I might start but I won't choose a team) I'm a big time NFL fan and the only thing I do with college is looking at NFL prospects after the season. You might say play Madden but I hate Madden and I love the Online Dynasty Mode because of the recruiting. To me what makes this game so awesome is the team management side not the actual gameplay. That's why I'm interested in Coach Mode. Sorry I suggested the Alma Mater restrictions, it honestly was just an idea that popped in my head and I didn't think about the implications too much. Forget I even mentioned it. 1 WEEK!

Archedemius
07-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Good Afternoon Guys!

I have always wanted to play in a coach's dynasty online. I have never done an online dynasty, but I have played offline with friends on the ol' NCAA Football 04(I believe). If you guys have any spots left, I'd love to be a coach/coordinator with Eastern Michigan. I get my degree from Michigan State this summer, so obviously my Alma Mater would be ol' Sparty and the goal is to be taking Coach D's job. If there is room, let me know. I'm not picky on rules, I'm 31, and I can go at just about any pace. Just wanted some friends to mess around with and compete for recruits. Any extra information or dynasty webpage stuff would be awesome! Let me know!

Tag: Archedemius

Archedemius
07-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Looks like I'm too late! Dang. Good luck guys!

SmoothPancakes
07-07-2011, 02:57 PM
We've put you on the waiting list Archedemius. Although we are currently full, there may be a spot or two that opens up between now and the start of the OD, as well, there could always be drop outs at some point along the way during the OD, so you'll get be first choice for joining if a spot opens up.

Archedemius
07-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the heads up! Will be watching for an opening.

Sir Ryuu
07-10-2011, 11:08 PM
if a spot open up let me know>
I would love to join

Cipher 8
07-11-2011, 10:14 AM
if a spot open up let me know>
I would love to join
It's full up now but you can go here (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2607-Owner-Roster-Waiting-List/page3) and sign up on the waiting list, if a spot opens up and your next in line you can join.